Page 134 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3484124129132133134135136139144184234 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994 (WED)
    Weather: Clear Skies
    [BGM]

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "So, having fun just watching the party? If you're hungry we have plenty of food down there to share, no need to hide off on cliff-sides by yourself. Makes you look sort of suspicious, unfortunately~ ...Or you could just be shy, I suppose? I'm not trying to rule anything out here just yet-!"
    The man let out a quiet laugh, and a sneering smile rose to his lips.

Those enigmatic eyes of his were now completely locked onto Liana, keeping as close eye on her as she did on him. There was no sense of proper danger around him... but that was because there was no sense of anything around him, not really. Even the way the man carried herself felt like an enigma. He was as hard to read as the shadow of the lighthouse that fell upon the beach, and the setting sun behind him, reflected off the waves, drew him in colours of burnt orange straight into the girl's retinas.

"Unfortunately, I'm not interested in parties without alcohol. Besides. I'm working. So can't let loose either," the man said, lazily leaning against the wall of the lighthouse. "But no. I'm not shy either. I just prefer... privacy. That might make me look suspicious, yes... but who isn't? Everyone has something to hide. Some just are more obvious about it."

That uncomfortable grin widened.

"--- I am very obvious."

He made a shrugging gesture, and some sort of metal-like sound clinked within his long leather jacket as it moved. It didn't sound like chains or accessories, but rather... something heavy and something that could rattle slightly. Maybe it was the source of the odd scent that hung around the man too - the smell of gunpowder and sharp steel that was draped over his shoulders like a heavy cloak.

"Still. You on the other hand, seem very curious. Now why would that be?" the man continued. "It's not illegal to be here. Or to watch other people. If anything... you people are the intruders here, on the beach. But I let you be - and you should let me be. It's easier that way."

He brought his cigarette to his lips once more and took a drag, blowing up a cloud of smoke towards the skies.

"Though... I suppose I can forgive it. I'm a simple man, after all."

He smiled unpleasantly as he locked eyes with Liana.

"And the company of a pretty little thing like you is always welcome."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

I’m an idiot, and I’m not normal.

As Prushka fled the scene to wreak havoc in the water, those words stayed there. They were his words, so of course they wouldn’t leave. They stuck to Colt, glued to him. He still remembered saying those words, the way he felt when he said them. Was this a clue that Prushka… remembered, just as Lucille, and supposedly Elaine?

Colt ran his fingers through his hair, pushing his head back with a chuckle.

“This place is so weird.” He muttered to himself. It was a strange feeling. That the day that felt strangest of all would be the day that he finally felt like he fit in. “And I can’t tell if for good or bad…”

With one final bite, Colt stood up from his seat.

"Oh~? I like the sound of that! How about we finish eating here and then go take a dip in the ocean, too? Like 'Zaza' here said, let's seize the day properly!"

“Now you’re speaking my language.” With a stretch, Colt turned to Sakura. “Just topped off, so I’m gonna go change into some trunks.”

Around him the other girls were responding to the idea of heading to the water. Cesarina practically beamed at the thought, while Alex declined with a look that was hard to describe, though if Colt were to pin any word onto it, he’d go with troubled.

“I think the water would do us wonders,” so saying, Colt leaned a bit closer to Sakura and whispered, “especially you, Miss Tipsy.”

Before any retort could come he backstepped with a grin. Turning his back to the rest, he waved as he headed for his bike. A short jog over the sand and eventually the ground beneath his feet turned to grass. Atop a patch of gravel rested the Junkbeast, and hanging from one of the handlebars by a string was a tiny sack. Snatching the sack which held his trunks, and would soon hold the rest of his clothes, Colt looked around.

Bushes. Lots and lots of bushes lined the path from the beach to the road. Cliché or not, they would be his changing curtain.

One by one, he undid the buttons to his shirt. Giving it a quick fold, he put it into the bag and pulled out his trunks. Next came his belt, which was swiftly undone and deposited into the bag as well. Undoing the button over his fly, Colt glanced around as he unzipped his pants, the unmistakable sound filling his ears.

Left and right, up and down. He made sure nobody was in earshot to sneak a peek. Exactly according to plan, there was nobody nearby. Everyone was still at the beach doing their own thing. Nobody had time to waste their energy trying to spot a nearly naked Colt. The only people watcher around was he himself.

It was because he was people watching, that he noticed a strange girl he didn’t recognize, standing at the base of the lighthouse.

His hands stopped and Colt tilted his head. A resident of the town? He squinted. Definitely not somebody he recognized. Jeans and a t-shirt… it didn’t seem like she was there to swim at all. It also didn’t really seem like she was doing much of anything. Maybe talking to herself? It was too far to tell.

But hanging around that lighthouse made her a bit suspicious.

Tossing off his pants and underwear, Colt swiftly put on his trunks. Throwing the last of his clothes into the bag, he looked out at the lighthouse again.

“Weird.” And shrugged. “Not my business, not my problem.”

After all, she wasn’t holding a bow. Colt didn’t even recognize her. So why should he care?

He took the bag back to his bike and hung put it back where he had left it before.

“This place is fulla weirdos after all, what’s one more hanging around the beach gonna hurt?”

Dismissing it all, he headed back to the beach. Making his way between the picnic tables, the setup for the bonfire, and the grill, Colt headed over to the water’s edge. Letting the waves wash over his feet, Colt confirmed that it was as expected, a bit chilly. So making the excuse that he was waiting for Sakura to show up before heading out into the water, he stood there and spectated for a moment.

Fortunately, there was a rather good show going on. A battle was currently taking place in the shallows. Prushka, John, and a girl who…

Colt tilted his head and stared at the girl he failed to recognize as Subari Iburi.

“Who?”

He asked aloud.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "Still. You on the other hand, seem very curious. Now why would that be?" the man continued. "It's not illegal to be here. Or to watch other people. If anything... you people are the intruders here, on the beach. But I let you be - and you should let me be. It's easier that way."
    She smiles.

"People interest me, so of course I'd be curious about it."

This man is certainly unpleasant in some ways, but in comparison to a certain other person, it was almost downright pleasant-!

Even if she can't bring herself to completely trust anyone that smells of gunpowder, still...

"When people are off by themselves, I get curious as to why that is, you know? It's a bit of a bad habit, but everyone has a story, a reason why they are where they are, why they are who they are, and I can't help but want to know about it~ In that regard I guess I'm a bit nosy-!"

It's not even a lie.

Where the man's smile is unpleasant and somewhat uncomfortable, the young woman responds with an unstained smile. There are certainly some interesting things in his words, things that -true to her own admitted character- she is now feeling a bit curious about, but-!

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "And the company of a pretty little thing like you is always welcome."
    -but-!

"...Pretty little thing?"

When it comes to that particular comment, the woman's eyebrows raise slightly, a bit uneasy with the exact wording he had just used...

But...

She chuckles.

"You know what? Sure. I don't like the wording, but I've already jogged all the way up here, and you're way more pleasant than the last person I talked to today, so... I'll hang around for a bit, Mr. Lone Wolf."

It's not her best plan.

But if things go south she does have a few options to retreat, still...

Would it kill someone to just smile pleasantly at her this evening?

Anyone?

Any sincere joy at her existence at all? Unbound by potential malice?

"I'll... Find a rock to sit on or something..."

So saying, she shrugs alongside another laugh, keeping her eyes on the man even as her voice goes from resigned back towards cheerful-!

"Then I'll start with my name, so you don't call me pretty little thing again, although I'll take it as a compliment-! My name's Liana. Friends call me Skye, although you and I aren't quite there yet~ What's yours?"

And after pausing for a second -as if dissatisfied with how basic this information would be even if she got it- she-

"Are you a local? You said we were the intruders earlier right? So do you live in this town?"

-decides to talk as pleasantly as always.
    Last edited by Airen; May 10th, 2020 at 07:05 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove
    Date: 07.09.1994

Let us go over this warped boy one more time.

John Dove does not normally do things because he wants to do them. He does them because he decides them to be the correct or most convenient thing to do in any given situation. The only thing he wants, in the conventional sense of the word, is to bask in that person’s presence, for she is the only thing that feels real in this world.

The events of the previous week might have stirred him a little, but he remains as broken by moonlight as ever.

The point here is that John Dove does not want to win this little water scuffle. However, the question remains: is “winning” the correct or most convenient thing to do here? The one thing he cannot do is absolutely nothing, for humans have a fondness for “earning their victories”. If he does not put up at last token resistance, the result will not satisfy anyone.

First, there is Miss Iburi. It turns out that, even without Ubon around, John ends up with a girl wrapped around him in this iteration as well. The obvious thing to do would be to submerge himself with the girl; that might just be enough to get him to release him. However, to do that to a girl who does not know how to swim would be a little…

“Time for Plan B”, as the expression goes.

“Miss Iburi, I applaud your newfound enthusiasm, but…do not you find this somewhat inappropriate?”

As for Miss Prushka, he accepts her opening attack wholeheartedly, only planting himself on the sandy bottom of the shallow waters as well as he can with his arms unable to help with his balance. As long as she only pushes him down, it is fine; if she tries a more…drastic move, he might have to do something about it.

…by the way, Miss Prushka, did you even consider what sweeping John Dove down might do to the small girl clinging to him?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

I mean, it's not like any guy's gonna want a girl with abs, or who can benchpress 130 kilos, or who's always covered in gun oil and whatever other gunk. B-but that don't mean I'm sad about it - I made peace with that fact a long time ago."
    This type of mindset was dangerous. Really dangerous. Not because there was actually a risk of no-one liking her. No. Since Ramia wasn’t half bad looking, there would be for sure be someone out there for her. What was the real problem here would be the fact that if anyone did confess to her or find her attractive, her complex would force her to latch onto that person like a vise. She could already hear the “But he’s the only one who would ever love me!” coming from a mile away. Which in itself would be fine if the guy she ended up latching onto was half decent, but if it wasn’t…

…her life would be absolute hell. One which she wouldn’t be able to escape, at that.

“Tch. What is it with this defeatist mindset.” Another brief flash of irritation flickered over Anna’s face. “It’s the equivalent of surrendering, throwing away all your ammo, and crawling out of your foxhole the moment you spot the enemy, Indiana.”

“You’re not a guy and unless you’ve asked every single one of them out, you can’t really make that claim, now can you? God knows there are plenty of weirdos around, both here and out there at large.”

Anna let out a deep sigh.

“It’s the equivalent if, hypothetically, Gabi over here started talking about how he’ll never find anyone because he hasn’t got a six-pack or can’t benchpress 130 kilos.” Anna’s derisive snort made it perfectly clear how little she thought of that idea. “Utter nonsense.”

".... she's also very kind...."
    “Yeah, yeah. I’m a veritable saint and a buddha of the modern era, what else is new.” For a moment a lazy grin flickered on Anna’s face as she casually waved her toothpick at the pair. “You two better not start relying on this, y’know? I have strict quotas on how much mushy-mushy soap opera stuff I can reasonably tolerate before I pass out in mental exhaustion.”
    Last edited by Mellon; May 9th, 2020 at 07:29 PM.

Elaine Winters

Suddenly, there is a sense of danger. A sensation remembered not by my own conscious mind, but that was ingrained into my spirit, scarring my flesh. Indeed, this forbidden 'sauce', that Souma has concocted is dangerous, my body shakes with phantom pain I can not recall. There is a not-feeling of animistic terror as the lurking presence in the dark corners of my mind cowers in fear.

It was [Red], not in the same sense that tomato-based salsa is red, or that ketchup or tartar sauce is red, or like blood is red. It was simply [Red], a simple distilled fact, like someone had reached into the First Realm and snatched the idealized Form of [Spicy Red Thing] from it, it was danger, it was fear, it was anger.

It was like a Big Red Button.

Truly, this thing, barely constrained within its glass case would cause me harm if I took it into my body.

However, if I looked past the sensation of pain, I saw a golden horizon. It would be worth it if I did so.

However; Perhaps it would not be the most optimal of things to do right now, Souma Nubatama, while pleasant to look upon, and appreciative of my advances, would ultimately reject me.

So, it is best to focus on another front, using the tools available.

Elaine Winters, after all, was someone who helped people in trouble, and my eyes and ears had already caught wind of some sort of commotion going on over by the stage, I had food to deliver, money to get, and a possible cohort to recruit.

Wouldn't want to leave my good friend out of the loop, after all.

Heh.

Loop.

"Shit yeah, Souma, slap that horrible thing on there, I ain't afraid, but just on one of the burgers for now. I'm pretty sure Mr. Loinnir would appreciate a nice obvious distraction."

I cast my eyes back towards the stage for a moment, before switching my attention to Hwan, cocking a hip.

"Bah, Hwan, everyone knows that if you want to fish properly, you've got to take a nice, firm hold of the rod," I allowed my voice to soften, deepening the pitch ever-so-slightly, laying my eyes upon him.

"It's quiet, intimate, even, just you, the fish, and your nice, sturdy rod. The hook is baited with some sweet nothing, a meager scrap to entice and lure your prey in close. They nibble, just a bit, just what you allow them to do."

I stepped a bit closer, letting down my barriers just a hair, just the slightest amount, allowing the barest shred of the beastly, insatiable hunger I felt each and every moment of every day to seep out.

"Then once you've finally got their attention, they bite down, so focused on their desires..."

I smiled, folding my arms and leaning forward.

"They don't realize they're already on the hook."

Then, I let it go, fading into the air like so much dust.

"Fishin's making me hungry, though, maybe I should see about making a trip later on in the week, grab some lobster, salmon's still in season too, I think."

Should probably make my way back on over to Kean here pretty soon, tag him out.

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon
    "Show the nerd what for, Subbie and Prushie~! He deserves to be taken under, for realsies!"
    "Go Subaru and Prushka! Give 'im hell!" cheered Elise as she waded through the water on the way to rescue Jake.

I'm sorry John, but this is the fate you've chosen, thought Elise sadly as she watched the two girls team up against John, Jake needs help more right now, and you kind of brought this on yourself.

Elise tried her best to ignore the ocean-based melee as she and Ubon grabbed the disoriented janitor by his arms and started to pull him back to shore.

"Looks like you're the one who needs Baywatch today, Jake," said Elise, "Just hold on, we'll get you back onto dry land and solid ground."

With the way Jake was mumbling, Elise wasn't sure if it was the actual force of the impact, or the sheer shock of being struck down by Prushka so suddenly that had left him in this confused and disoriented state. They soon got Jake up to the shoreline, Elise knelt beside him, taking stock of the janitor's condition and making sure he was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon
    "Hmm... I know that CPR is totes good way to snap people outta stuff like this. Want to give it a go, Essie~? Ufufufufu..."
    Elise gave Ubon a deadpan look.

"Uh, no, I don't think that'd be necessary, Ubon," replied Elise with a shake of her head, "He's just a little disoriented. Prushka got a really solid hit on him, and he did go under the water for a bit, but he's conscious and breathing, so I don't think CPR will help him much. Just give him a minute to regain his bearings, and he'll be fine."

Ubon's suggestion of CPR reminded her of something, but she couldn't quite place the context.

Elise glanced back towards the melee in the ocean. Subaru had abandoned her inflatable tube and was now clinging to John in a grapple. Prushka had gone under the water, and it seemed like their combined efforts would send John under the water. All in all, it seemed like a situation teetering towards further disaster.

"Although... Let's... let's be ready to intervene on that in case we need to," said Elise, watching the melee nervously, "Subaru's not that strong of a swimmer, and I'm a little worried for John here."

"If they go under, do you want to grab Subaru, and I'll get John?"

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

“Mmm.” She takes in Caleb and Vier’s words. Normalcy is relative, but the people who do not change regardless are few and far between. It’s just… under that definition of beauty, there are things she would find utterly repulsive, but she supposes terrible things can have beautiful aspects to them. Things are not as simple as she’d like to think that they are.

As for constantly being on the move, she’d sort of had the taste of that life. At the same time, her accommodations were drastically more pleasant than say, Elaine’s, from the sounds of it.

“I kind of understand…” At the very least, she’s familiar with spending abhorrent amounts of time in planes, trains, and cars. “I spent a lot of time all over Europe for the past two and-a-half years. My parents had business there, and I was brought along to learn the ropes.”

Her voice is hardly nostalgic, having a somewhat tired tone instead. Those were not exploits to be proud of.

“In the end, I still had a home to return to… I can’t imagine what it’s like for it to change all the time.” She gives Caleb a sympathetic smile, briefly looking elsewhere.

Lucille notices Tonkori checking Aleen for signs of life. Just… what happened to her?

“Everything alright, Aleen?”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Montjoy
    "... People out there tend to hold back. They might be fine where they are. They might be not. But they hold back who they really are. Like putting on masks to fit in - just so they don't get in trouble. As for myself, well. I guess I did need a change of scenery. I've been on the move a lot. A whole lot. Never stayed in one place too long. So... this is rather nice."
    My suspicions on Caleb’s view of beauty were practically confirmed. What he viewed as beauty was just the ability to be yourself no matter what. I didn’t exactly agree with that assessment since there are many times where it’s better to place on an act. It could be to save face for yourself or others. Also it could save you from needlessly arguing with others and help you get along better. Of course that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t just bend over backwards for someone, but neither is always being yourself. Case in point, Xylia Pheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “I kind of understand… I spent a lot of time all over Europe for the past two and-a-half years. My parents had business there, and I was brought along to learn the ropes. In the end, I still had a home to return to… I can’t imagine what it’s like for it to change all the time.”
    Lucille didn’t sound too happy while reminiscing about her past while traveling. Knowing a bit about her capabilities, she was probably learning or performing some work for the church. But I guess the business ran in the family in that case then. Thankfully, I never had to go after an official member of the church without their permission. Well… Maybe a few scruples here and there, but at the very least I wasn’t ordered to do those hits.

“Add me to the well traveled group as well. However, I would say home is where you want it to be. It could be a place or the people who are there. Like I would say my home is the latter. A place just doesn’t feel right if it’s missing the people...”

I only figured that out in the past few years. Sure I lived a decent life up in Sweden, but it felt empty. No matter how comfy I made it, or increased the quality of life. It felt like it was missing something. Then I abandoned it without thinking due to one message. I mean I ensured the message was actually from her, but after that I immediately made my decision.

My brooding thoughts were interrupted by Lucille checking up on Aleen. Incidentally, Aleen was still on cloud nine despite the heavier talk that the three of us were having. It was to the point that Tonkori was prodding her to see if she was still alive.

“She should be fine… If not, I guess I could do some life resuscitation...”

I pulled out a towel from my gig bag and started to rub my hands on it until I started to generate a static charge. If she doesn’t give a response… Well I hope Aleen doesn’t mind being ‘defibrillated’ too much.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

As if to make a point, my stomach started growling just as I was about to answer and immediately drove me into a coughing fit in attempt to hide it.

“Ehm, err…”

Continuing as if nothing happened, I turned back to Pyry.

“Maybe we should feed that endless void - I mean, stomach of yours first? I’m not all that hungry yet, but I wouldn’t mind eating some either.”

As we got to where I left my bag and other belongings, I stopped Pyry for a moment so that I could grab everything.

“Besides…” I continued while packing my stuff, “The grill won’t be here forever, and we can always just grab a drink after as well.”

As I finished, I handed the bigger towel to Pyry while I started drying my hair with another smaller one.

“I know you don’t really need it with your body, but, well...And since we aren’t heading to the bonfire yet, it’s better to dry yourself off.”

I certainly didn’t want to risk catching a cold - and I’ve underestimated the effects of a chill breeze and the cold water enough times already.

“Anyways…” I said as we were once again walking towards the grill, “Your own cooler? I figured you had booze, but…last time we never really had the chance to drink together, even if it would have been fun.”

I didn’t really consider myself a heavy drinker - but I’d certainly never say no to a good drink, especially in the company of someone like him. Not to mention...the tricks I had up my sleeve could just make things even better. And hangover free.

Couldn’t get much better than that.

“What do you finnish giants drink, anyways?” I added, trying to make the question sound more serious than it really was.

Blog Entries
    John Dove, Prushka & Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Who?”
    "Hmh? That's just Subaru, isn't it?"

Sakura answered Colt's strange question as she strode to the water's edge as well. Unlike the boy, she hadn't needed to change - after all, she was already wearing her bikini, along with a T-shirt she had thrown over it. Luckily enough, from the looks of it, the girl had also left her "drinks" back at the picnic table. Instead, she stretched out peacefully, letting out a refreshed groan as her back popped in a rather satisfying way. Then, shooting a smile to the boy, she nodded towards the sea.

"Well, shall we? I know I said I'd rather swim in peace before, but looking at that..." Sakura glanced at the underwater combat that was brewing. "... It honestly looks kinda fun!"

Fun was, perhaps, a relative term here.

After all, just as Sakura said it, Prushka dove under the water in order to perform her combo move with Subaru, who was clinging to John's back. Obviously, two things were going to happen with such an underhanded move. First, John's center of balance was thoroughly disturbed, to the point that even the small girl managed to throw him off balance and send him plummeting backwards, falling into the shallow water with a satisfying splash.

The second thing was, of course, that Subaru went right with him.

She was clinging to his back after all.

"HRGH!? BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBL-!"

Admittedly, the sound of Subaru's surprise was quite funny.

However, what was less humorous (or maybe not) was the fact that once underwater, Subaru immediately released her hold of John's body. Instead, she started flailing around in the water, not seemingly realizing that even she could have held her head above the surface had she just stood on her tiptoes. Instead, she kept rolling around, trying to claw the water and get herself up, but with little success.

Partially because she had no idea how to swim, from the looks of it.

Partially because John's fallen body was somewhat pinning her downwards.

This, of course, meant that in her flailing, Subaru was also delivering an accidental beatdown on John, tiny fists pummeling his back with nary a force.

"....... Should we go help?" Sakura mumbled, scratching her cheek awkwardly. "I think little miss priestess is about to drown..."

A true assessment, if any!

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Uh, no, I don't think that'd be necessary, Ubon. He's just a little disoriented. Prushka got a really solid hit on him, and he did go under the water for a bit, but he's conscious and breathing, so I don't think CPR will help him much. Just give him a minute to regain his bearings, and he'll be fine."
    Ubon pouted, letting out a sound like a deflating whoopie cushion from between her lips.

"Booo... you're no fun to tease, Essie!" the girl complained. "You should get totes embarrassed, not be all logic-y 'bout it, for realsies! I mean... we're at the beach, right? It's 'bout having fun and laughing at silly stuff, not being serious! B-besides, I mean..."

Ubon glanced downwards towards Jake, who was slowly recovering.

"... He ain't bad looking?" she added quietly, before giggling mischievously.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Although... Let's... let's be ready to intervene on that in case we need to. Subaru's not that strong of a swimmer, and I'm a little worried for John here. If they go under, do you want to grab Subaru, and I'll get John?"
    Ubon was about to answer, but before he did, a groaning voice from the ground interjected.

"Uuurrgh... while you're at it, can you dudes drown the shortie? I think I swallowed like four gallons of sea water..." Jake groaned as he slowly got back to the sitting position. "T-that was just reckless... the mini dudette should be more careful. That coulda seriously hurt someone! Like me! I'm just a frail janitor dude, not meant for combat..."

Ubon chuckled at the janitor's complaints as he coughed up some water, wiped his mouth, and flashed a grin to the girls to show that he was not serious. Then he started to get himself up standing... though found that he was still a bit woozy. After a few staggering steps, Jake had to take some support from Elise's and Ubon's shoulders before he was able to get his bearings back.

Clearly thankful, he patted them both on said shoulders, and laughed somewhat awkwardly.

"G-guess you dudes saved my bacon there by going all Baywatch on me. Thanks," Jake said, scratching the back of his head. "Though, gotta say, you dudes are pretty strong! I'm not the lightest guy around."

The janitor winked at Elise, and flashed a quick thumbs up.

"Especially you, Elise. You'd make a fine David Hasselhoff, dude," he added... before realizing what he might have said wasn't really a compliment, and blushed slight. "Oh, uh... no offense meant, dude. I'm not saying you got like chest hair or something. Just that... you know, I guess I wouldn't want to face you in arm wrestling!"

While his words might have been awkward, at least Jake seemed genuine in his gratitude?

Elaine Winters

From the looks of it, Hwan.exe had stopped functioning for a moment thanks to Elaine's words.

The boy looked like he had been sucker-punched, and that thousand yard stare saw not the beach, not the girl and not even the world around him as a whole.

Perhaps... perhaps Elaine had gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Fishin's making me hungry, though, maybe I should see about making a trip later on in the week, grab some lobster, salmon's still in season too, I think."
    Souma hummed in clear amusement.

"...... Not a bad idea," the boy said while he was building the burger. "The sea holds all kinds of....... prey."

Putting an odd amount of emphasis on the last word, the half-naked cook continued his work. While the burger with the home-made steak was left without the curse of the red thing, the one with the store-bought patty found itself slathered in the stuff. Indeed, the sauce was so red that it seeped into the grilled patty, dying it the bright colour of red. Just as it did with the lettuce, onion, pickles and bacon, along with everything else that was in the burger. Only the buns were left unsullied and without the Curse of the Scorch. And looking at it... Souma hadn't even used that much of it.

He had used surgical gloves with handling the stuff, though.

... Perhaps wisely.

"....... Here. Your... heh... food," Souma finally said, presenting all the plates for Elaine. "........ Enjoy."

How anyone could make handing out food sound ominous was anyone's guess, but Souma was somehow able.

Meanwhile, Hwan, who had been left somewhat... nonplussed looking by Elaine's surprise attack had finally recovered. The white-haired boy scratched his head, coughed somewhat awkwardly... and shot a look at the blonde girl that could be taken in lots of ways. Half of it looked like he wanted to brush everything off with a laugh, half of it was pure awkwardness, and half of it seemed actually sort of frightened.

"You know... just so you know..." Hwan started, pinching the bridge of his nose.

A momentary silence as he collected his thoughts.

"... When I say you can make use of my skills, I don't mean it that way," the boy finally said. "Not that you don't look damn fine, but I'm sorta the romantic type. So, if you wanna ride the Hwannihilator, I'm gonna need a candlelight dinner or something first. That's one of the skills that ain't for sale. Just, uh, just saying. Might be wrong here, but you just came across so horny right now it was sorta scary. So yeah, Hwan Bin is not for rocking your socks off for money."

Souma, hearing that, chuckled quietly.

"....... I don't think we need to worry. I think she was just... teasing... you," the boy commented, putting aside his cooking tools. "... Though, on the other hand, she did seem to have her eyes glued to our bodies when she arrived. Still, that is more... flattering... than anything else."

Hwan sighed, and hugged his own body in a theatrical way.

"Damn. Now I feel objectified..." the white-haired boy groaned.

Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Ehm, err… Maybe we should feed that endless void - I mean, stomach of yours first? I’m not all that hungry yet, but I wouldn’t mind eating some either. Besides… The grill won’t be here forever, and we can always just grab a drink after as well.”
    Pyry cocked an eyebrow at Hisa, clearly trying to hide his grin.

"Hm? Food, huh? Yeah, guess we should take care of that first," he said. "Though I think we should feed the invisible suomuhauki we got around here somewhere. I just heard its rumbling growl and it sounded like it was starving! Better feed devouring beasts like that, before they decided to take their hunger out on us!"

Chuckling to himself, Pyry started towards the grill, where Elaine Winters was apparently just making her leave, while drying his head with the towel Hisa had handed to him. Of course, at the same time one could practically see the water slowly evaporating from his skin thanks to its natural warmth. His hair, however, stayed as wet as it had been.

“I know you don’t really need it with your body, but, well...And since we aren’t heading to the bonfire yet, it’s better to dry yourself off.”
    "Mhm, you got that right. It's not that warm anymore, and soaked hair is still soaked hair," Pyry answered, drying his hair. "Can't rely on my body with everything!"

“Anyways… Your own cooler? I figured you had booze, but…last time we never really had the chance to drink together, even if it would have been fun. What do you finnish giants drink, anyways?”
    The blonde boy snorted at that, a grin spreading to his face.

"Well, it's not just booze. It's mostly soft drinks, actually, with few beers hidden underneath. This isn't exactly the type of party where we could or should let loose like that," the boy answered. "The bonfire sounds good for that, though! Reminds me of Juhannus back home, in a way. That's the time of the year everybody gathers to the countryside, or to the lake cabins, and just burns bonfires all night and parties. Repurposed pagan traditions, basically."

A somewhat awkward look appeared to the boy's face, almost like he was remembering something from the past.

"... The one time your sister was there, we ended up with metsänväki, couple of peikko and even a visiting tulirepo drinking with us. Partying with fae is just..." the boy let out a long groan. "... let's just say it's on a whole other level. Even I have hard time keeping up with those creatures..."

Fortunately though, the grin returned just as quick.

"Though honestly, looking at our class, we have just as many weirdos in here, so guess this party is kinda similar," he laughed.

Then, suddenly, a hungry glint appeared in his eyes as if he had just remembered something... and the boy turned that grin of his back towards Hisa.

"However, I do have one other thing than beer there... in other words, I brought some Koskenkorva with me..." the boy said, arching an eyebrow as if issuing a challenge. "... Want to give it a try tonight?"

Blog Entries
    John Dove

John is ready for it, so his lungs are full when he feels his balance falter and his body fall backwards. Not that his lungs being empty would have a different, in any case. Regardless, what he lacks is the reaction time to turn around. Subaru Iburi hits the water and sinks beneath his weight.

As expected, the sudden immersion startles the girl and John finds himself released from her hold. However, as one, two, and then three seconds pass, he realizes he still feels the girl beneath him, meaning she cannot return to the surface on her own. Realizing also that Miss Prushka is not clinging to his legs, John moves quickly, pushing himself upwards while reaching behind him with one arm, and grabbing Miss Iburi to bring her along above the waterline all the while being careful not to kick Miss Prushka by accident.

“Miss Iburi, you can breathe now,” he declares the obvious to the frantic girl, because words like “it’s alright now” are worthless. Still holding her in his arms, John checks first that Prushka did not hurt herself in her shoving maneuver and is holding her head above the water. Then, he looks around quickly, catching sight of Colton Davin and Sakura Tsukioka among others, until his eyes meet Elise Marie Pelltier’s.

“Please,” he calls out. He is indirectly at fault for this accident, so he cannot be the one to comfort the girl in his arms. He can only accept his role as the object of blame, as he has always done.

John Dove understands at least that much.

Elaine Winters

I gathered up my plates, taking a gentle, wafting sniff of the steakburger so as to properly appreciate it, shifting the load around gently so as to fully encompass all of the food I'd have to lug back.

"Calm down, Huckleberry, I'm not that thirsty. I'm just screwing with you, if I feel all challenged like that, I gotta rise to the occasion, y'know? 'pologies if I came on a little too strong, though, trying to get back into the game after, a, uhm, a pretty long time. Suppose playing innuendo chicken is a bad way to start off my high school debut, but it's too late now."

I reeled the predatory overtones into the back of my mind, forcing it back into its cage, I had to be careful with that sort of stuff. I'm not interested in being any kind of man eater, thanks.

Still, it did make me a bit self-conscious.

I think I went a little too hard there, eheh...

I smiled a bit, half teasing, half embarassed, tugging at my hat gently to pull it down to shield my eyes.

"I know what I like, and I'm up-front about it, but I can get a bit carried away an' over-enthusiastic sometimes. Probably because I never had too much chance to mess aroun' like this, so I, er, get a bit carried away, blood was up from all'a that stuff from earlier, too..."

My accent starts crawling into things big-time when I get nervous or self-conscious, whatever the heck it is, besides generally countrified.

"But, uh, don't you worry! I'm not here to try to steal away all of the menfolk or nothin'! I'm just, y'know, on the look-out for a-"

I clamped my mouth shut, I felt my ears burn.

"A really good piece'a meat! Yeah, like some real primo stuff, fresh off the steer, right?"

Wait, crap, I still sound like a Man-eater, but the really bad kind now!

Oh no!

C'mon girl, reel it in, calm it down a touch...

I coughed into a hand, adjusted my hat, and looked out with a more serious expression then the almost predatory lust, or the panicky back-tracking.

"But yeah, I'm, uh, just looking for a guy to make sure I don't get grabbed up by some nasty dudes or something while I'm out on the town. Hired Goon, not Hired Poon."

I shuffled around with plates in my hands.

Must've gotten a bit strong of a whiff of that red stuff, too, ahem.

Right.

"But yeah! Thanks for the grub, Souma, feel free to get ready to watch me make a fool of myself. Hwan, I'll have your cash ready in a bit, just gotta go take care of this little situation first, here."

And so, embarassed, but still maintaining my dignity within acceptable margins, I gathered up the food, soda and assorted necessary things and strode out over the sands, ready to do battle.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Success!

Victory!

The villain has been felled, and is drowning well and proper, so we can proceed to celebrate- oh.

Right. Subaru can't swim.

In hindsight, this was to be expected. I had figured John Dove would fall forward and give her a platform upon which to stand triumphant, but with her clinging to his back, her weight must have shifted his center of gravity backwards, meaning he fell the other way instead... and here we have the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru
    "HRGH!? BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLBL-!"
    "Awa! C-calm down-!"

Wait, she can't hear me down there. Right, I'll just dive down and-.

Quote Originally Posted by John Dove
    “Miss Iburi, you can breathe now, please.”
    With his role in the performance complete, John is quick to lift the struggling girl out of the water.

Hm. I'll have to revise my evaluation of him. Maybe he's actually the sensible type that knows how to read the mood. But he clearly has no idea how to handle it.

I, however, do! This isn't the first panicking friend I've taught how to swim!

"Alright, John, your punishment has concluded. Now let her go slowly; being held tight doesn't calm people down in the water."

Standing on my tip-toes in the shallow section, I reach out my hands and entwine my fingers and Subaru's. Having something to hold onto, yet enough freedom to move around and float, is important to prevent panicking but also facilitate learning. Like this, there's no possibility of danger.

"Subaru, Subaru! You did it. You took down the demon king. Now c'mon, swimming's a piece of cake in comparison... look, you're already floating on your own. Just take a big deep breath and the air will lift you up..."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

"Hmh? That's just Subaru, isn't it?"

“Uh, I guess so. Yeah, Subaru.” Scratching the back of his head, Colt agreed without hesitation. However, it remained apparent that despite acknowledging her as Subaru, he still wasn’t entirely sure about it. After all, Subaru looked a bit more… He tilted his head. More… Subaru-like. “Subaru, right. That makes sense.”

At any rate, there wasn’t a point to debating the inconsistency, so the boy just let it go.

"Well, shall we? I know I said I'd rather swim in peace before, but looking at that… It honestly looks kinda fun!"

“Heheh, I’m fine with peace or chaos in the water.” No longer concerned with the transformation of Subaru Iburi, Colt took another step forward, letting the water reach higher than just his feet. A shiver visibly traveled up his spine as he moved even further out. “Okay actually maybe it’s a bit cold but also maybe actually I might get used to it sooOOON…”

Right as Colt reached waist height his voice transformed, much like the Subaru in his memories had transformed into the Subaru in the water. Practically leaping back toward the water’s edge the boy clutched at his arms in an overly exaggerated shiver.

“Cold.”

And stated in one clear word what was wrong.

"....... Should we go help? I think little miss priestess is about to drown..."

“Wuh? Oh, crud, bless her heart, bless my heart, okay. It’s time for interference.” With an exhale, Colt waded back out with much larger strides. Perhaps it was that it was a cool day and the sun hadn’t done much to warm the waters. Or maybe it was just that, as he had learned in San Francisco, the west coast’s waters are always colder than the shivering boy was used to. But most likely, Colt Davin was just a wimp and didn’t like to get into water that wasn’t comfortably warm. “… Of course.”

Whatever it was, none of it mattered. Because John, the ever-considerate young man that he was, had been quick on the uptake and let Subaru up. Prushka as well had let the battle burn out and was now trying to encourage Subaru to float on her own.

“No heroics to be had today. Nice work, Shrimp.” Colt gave a thumbs up to the small blonde. Then, he turned his eyes down, into the blue. As expected, his upper body that had yet to get submerged was starting to feel less warm than the half that was under the water. “I don’t think two swimming instructors are necessary, so…”

Colt sucked air into his lungs and fell backwards, into the water. Eyes closing as he went under, he let the cold take him completely. From the start he should have done just that, jump in without hesitation and get used to the cold as fast as possible. But that was always the hardest part. Even if in the end it was the easier method.

The underwater blob that was Colt Davin crept under the surface, moving closer to the vague outline that was Sakura. Seeing underwater wasn’t easy, even less easy was opening eyes in salt water. So he only opened them for a split second to check his surroundings. Getting closer to the girl, he rose to his feet in a burst, sending cold water flying everywhere.

“Well, Sakura?” Pretending to not be cold at all, Colt paid no mind to how his breach had sent chilly water flying at Sakura as well. He meant to do that, after all. “Subaru and Prushka look to be tapping out… so how about instigating round two?”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff & Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “She should be fine… If not, I guess I could do some life resuscitation...”
    "Gaaah! I'm fine, I'm fine! Jesus, Vier, you're totes freaking scary!"

The act of rather threatening hand-rubbing had roused Aleen from her stupor, and the girl jumped back into a sitting position, practically flinging poor Tonkori across the sounds. The dog let out a surprised yelp as it was thrown backwards, ending up jutting out of the sands with its hind legs still pawing the air while its snout was buried below. The blue-haired girl blinked at that sorry sight, whispered an apology under her breath, and crawled towards the dog to help her out in her time of need.

Caleb, on the other hand, chuckled slightly as he glanced at Vier.

"She's not wrong. You may act mild-mannered. And try not to rock the boat too much. But looking at it deeper..." Caleb said. "... You're something of a bully. Or, at the very least, you have a teasing streak. Are you, perhaps, meaner than you let on?"

Aleen snorted as she pulled out Tonkori from the sands... Tonkori who, almost immediately, escaped the clutches of the girl and ran behind Vier for some cover and safety.

"Totally. Vier's totes a bully underneath all that. I mean, she acts all nice and normal, but the moment you let your guard down she goes on to be all sortsa horrible!" The bluehead complained, folding her arms across her chest and pouting at the brunette. "If Inacio really likes her, Caleb, you should warn him. Warn him not to fall for that fake smile! It's a smile that hides a sadist!"

Caleb, who had returned to his drawing for a moment, blinked in confusion... before glancing at Lucille and flashing a smile.

"... Well. It's good that we have Lucille then," the boy commented. "She seems the type who doesn't let bullying stand."

Aleen nodded.

"Ayup! It's good we have someone who doesn't let Vier just walk all over he---"

Suddenly, Aleen's words died to her lips.

She stared at Lucille with a surprised look.

Almost as if only now realizing that the blonde girl was quite close to Caleb, thanks to having wanted to look at his drawing.

"...... Hmmm?"

Letting out that strange sort of guttural sound, Aleen's eyes narrowed... almost like she had found a new enemy in Lucille

Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “Yeah, yeah. I’m a veritable saint and a buddha of the modern era, what else is new. You two better not start relying on this, y’know? I have strict quotas on how much mushy-mushy soap opera stuff I can reasonably tolerate before I pass out in mental exhaustion.”
    Ramia snorted, sounding rather amused, and made a vague dismissive gesture with her hand.

"Alright, I hear you Red. Must be hard on you, being all supportive and encouraging. After all, if you are, it eats away that tough, prickly girl persona you've built for yourself. And if everybody knew just what kind of mushy dork you were, they wouldn't take you seriously, right?" the dusky-skinned girl retorted with a slightly smug grin. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with us. Right, Gabi?"

The androgynous boy let out an odd sound... a high-pitched sound that was most likely a giggle. But what exactly he found in this situation that amusing wasn't initially clear... not until Anna saw that he was actually looking at her. Not that he was laughing at her, but rather, at the situation where Anna found herself in. That is, being needled by Ramia, who responded to her sarcasm with an equal amount of it.

"....... yeah...... I won't tell....." Gabi murmured, nodding at the raven-haired girl. "...... don't worry......"

Ramia threw a thumbs up at the boy, before turning her attention back to Anna.

"So no need to be afraid. We won't let others know what sort of softie you really are... even if we know you totally are one," the mercenary continued, chuckling to herself. "And we'll be sure not to overtax your boundless wisdom. After all, if we forced you to talk any more about this stuff, forget fainting from exhaustion... you might get bashful for people seeing through you!"

The dusky-skinned girl winked at the androgynous boy.

"Right, Gabi?"

And the boy in question nodded again, letting out that same giggling sound.

"......... yeah......." Gabi answered. "......... don't want to....... make her embarrassed....."

Wait.

Could it be?

Were these two teaming up to...

... Tease Anna?

Elaine Winters

As the blonde girl, having acquired her food, retreated from the scene of her magnificent self-explosiona and subsequent revival (to some extent) she could hear behind her how Travis had wandered back on the scene now that the coast was clear. She could also hear how, though Hwan said it rather quietly, how the white-haired boy commented something along the lines of: "Huh. You were right, T-bone. She was pretty adorable." Perhaps it was better not to think about that.

After all, from the looks of it, something was going on in her destination.

Passing by Hisa and Pyry (the tall guy was currently telling some sort of drinking story), Elaine soon arrived to the small wooden stage that had been set up on the sands. Judging from the looks of it, everything was ready for tonight's gig, with the amps set up and the instruments in their place. Even Inacio was up there, slowly performing a sound check while trying not to bother the other partygoers are the beach.

... Someone who was being a bit of a bother was, however, a certain pair that were currently arguing near the stage.

That is, one Kean Loinnir, and one Mercedes West.

"You just had to walk there, didn't you! As if we didn't have enough problems already!" Kean grumbled, face stuck in a scowl. "Now the cable's bent and we've got sand in the amp! Good going, Miss Movie Star!"

Mercedes, on the other hand, had a face that was so cold that she might have just frozen the silver-haired boy solid at any second now.

"Gawd, it's your fault that you didn't, like, set them up properly. I mean, what sort of idiot leaves, like, cables in the sand?" the actress asked with a chilly tone of voice. "So it's thanks to you, that the thing is bent, as well as the fact that I ate sand outta nowhere. I mean, gawd! I'm supposed to, like, make money with this face! And it was in danger because of you!"

Kean snorted so angrily that his nostrils flared up, folding his arms across his chest.

"Seriously? Yeah, because that face is so worth preserving and important," the boy shot back. "Surely it's your face that's making you all the money, and not some other assets the cameras are always focused on."

It was like a deep-frozen bolt of lightning had streamed across the sands.

Mercedes's eyes narrowed dangerously.

"...... What was that, you little shit?"

John Dove, Prushka & Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Miss Iburi, you can breathe now.”
    "A-whu... buh...?"

Strange series of noises came from Subaru Iburi, who had been flailing and pawing the empty air even as she had been lifted out of the water. As it turned out, the girl was as light as she was tiny, and thus John had no trouble getting her up from underwater. Of course, that hadn't stopped her from accidentally pummeling everything within arm's reach (including John)... but, thankfully, she had stopped for now. Maybe it was the words of the boy, maybe it was the fact that she could breath again, or maybe it was...

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Alright, John, your punishment has concluded. Now let her go slowly; being held tight doesn't calm people down in the water. Subaru, Subaru! You did it. You took down the demon king. Now c'mon, swimming's a piece of cake in comparison... look, you're already floating on your own. Just take a big deep breath and the air will lift you up..."
    ... the fact that help had, yet again, arrived in form of Prushka.

"H-huh, f-f-f-floating!? B-but, I am not..." Subaru said as she was lowered into the water, squeezing Prushka's hands suddenly with enough force to make them let out scary crunching noises. "... Huh? This is...? Huh...? Umm... Huh???"

The confusion of the messy-haired girl was palpable.

After all, thanks to the efforts of John and Prushka, she had not been only calmed down, but was now also floating on top of the waters on her stomach, tightly clinging to Prushka's extended hands but yet still with her own strength.

Naturally, the Japanese girl looked quite befuddled by this turn of events.

"A-ah, umm... Miss Prushka, Mister Dove..." Subaru started, trying her best to keep her head above water while talking. "I-I... I-I am very humbled and grateful. F-for your assistance today, and, umm..."

The girl blushed a little and averted her eyes from John.

"... F-for saving me despite how I attacked you..." Subaru quietly continued. "I-I know it was quite mean of me, but I was simply retaliating for how you treated me, a-and taking your advice in how I should---"

The girl might have wanted to say more.

She probably was about to.

But it was at that moment that there was a loud combinations of sounds - something that sounded a lot like cursing in Japanese, followed by a thud of a human body colliding with a human body, and then a loud splash that sent sea water flying everywhere.

Indeed, looking back, the reason was obvious.

Colt's little stunt had certainly gotten Sakura's attention. Just as the fact that he had done it on purpose.

Thus.

In retaliation.

Sakura had let out a litany of swear-words and charged for with surprising speed, tackled Colt into the water like a charging rhino (delivering something between a proper bodyslam and a clothesline) and then continued her own dive while leaving the boy struggling in the shallow sands.

And thus, as if to crown the moment...

The victorious Sakura Tsukioka plunged out of the water like a dolphin, sticking her tongue out to Colt's downed form before disappearing back under the waves.

Liana Skye
    [BGM]

The man threw his head back in laughter, sounding genuinly amused by Liana's response. It wasn't a truly happy laugh though... it was slightly restrained, the kind of dry chuckling that also dripped of sarcasm, despite how genuine the amusement may have been. When he was finished, the strange man then turned his sharp eyes back to the girl, who had sat down.

"Well, guess I should apologize then," he said, with a hint of smile still on his lips. "Didn't mean to offend. Still, I couldn't help it. I just have a weakness for beautiful young women. And, since you are one, I figured... I'd make a pass at you. Considering you haven't run away yet, I suppose that went better than expected."

The man, still chuckling to himself, took one last drag off his cigarette, smoke enveloping his face for a moment and drawing deep shadows upon his brow. Then, with the pinprick light of the cigarette fluttering out of existence, he threw the thing to the ground and quietly stomped it away with his shoe. Once finished, the man put his hands back into his pockets and leaned, yet again, against the wall of the abandoned light house.

Instead of Liana, those eyes of his were now staring down towards the beach.

Sharply keeping an eye out for anything and everything that was going on.

"And, as for me... these days you could call me a local. I've lived here for a while. Wasn't born here though," the man continued talking while observing the beach. "Hence, I'm not an intruder. You lot are. Simple as that. Seniority takes the crown and all that. But, that doesn't really matter. You guys are fitting in well enough. Despite what some people claim. In fact, you all... seem like pretty interesting kids."

The man glanced towars Liana, mysterious smile playing on his lips again.

"Plus, some of you are easy on the eyes," he added, continuing what was pretty much shameless flirting.

Though, while he sounded somewhat honest in it... it also felt like he was trying to throw her off-balance.

Almost like poking, prodding and testing the girl.

"Though, what comes to my name... well, let's see..." the man said, rubbing his chin in thought. "Since you were kind enough to give me your name, I suppose I should respond in kind. Of course, I'd be more than willing to get to know you well enough to call you Skye, Liana. Still... what comes to my name..."

The man's eyes narrowed ever so slightly.

He revealed his teeth with a subdued grin.

"--- They call me Hawthorn. Thorn to my friends... though I don't think we're quite there yet."

And introduced himself.

New Person Met!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

“W-what is that supposed to mean,” I said as I elbowed the boy in his side, “Y-you heard nothing! It was just your imagination!”

But as serious I tried to sound, I couldn’t hold back my laughter either.

As I had to realize, I was pretty hungry too.

Did I even eat something since the morning?

Walking alongside the boy, I listened to his story, nodding in understanding here and there without interrupting him.

“Honestly, weirdos or not, they still wouldn’t even come close,” I said as he finished, “The way they party, and the way humans do...really, hard to make the correlation, it’s like the word has a wholly different meaning for both cases.”

Certainly brings back memories.

Reminded me of just how much fairies loved festivals and partying...quite literally whenever they could.

If they had the chance, they would probably just hold festivities through the whole year.

“Litha is not even the worst...Or best? Guess it depends on how you look at it,” I said with a chuckle, “But then all the festivals have their own charm, so it’s hard to compare.”

Tapping a finger on my lips, I was lost in my thoughts for a moment.

“Well, Yule and Samhain were the two that I always looked forward to the most.” I added finally.

“Have a story or two of my own, though...perhaps it’s not the best place to discuss fairies,” I said while gesturing towards the grill stall that was pretty close now, “Later though, definitely.”

“Maybe somewhere more private, in the company of some of that...Kos...Kosenkora? Wasn’t that just vodka?”

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

“Have a story or two of my own, though...perhaps it’s not the best place to discuss fairies. Later though, definitely. Maybe somewhere more private, in the company of some of that...Kos...Kosenkora? Wasn’t that just vodka?”
    Pyry let out a harrumph and folded his arms across his chest, like he had been personally offended. Or at the very least, he tried very much to act like he had been offended. The boy didn't seem to have a mean bone in his body, so it was quite the task for him, and he didn't exactly succeed with flying colours.

"Vodka? Bah! Shows how much little you know, pikkusisko!" Pyry grumbled. "Were other Finns to hear that, they'd punish you with bath brooms for it!"

He lifted his index finger up, while adjusting non-existent glasses on his nose like he was a teacher giving a lecture.

"Listen here - Koskenkorva, or kossu as we call it, isn't a vodka. Since it has added sugar, it can't be counted as a vodka in the least!" He explained. "If anything, it's closer to a potato liquor... though, I suppose these days it's more barley than potato, but eh, who cares? More importantly, the way it's made is closer to industrial ethanol than how vodka is made - the distillation process is continuous and much more complex! And thus, the taste is that much better!"

He then shook his head, grumbling something that sounded a lot like: "I swear, this girl, such a Philistine..."

Though, that was as far as his act went, as just as quickly his sour face turned into a teasing grin.

"Well, you'll figure out the difference later tonight, I'm sure," he added, softly elbowing her. "Though... it's sorta sad to drink kossu just as a twosome. Sure you don't want to invite some others, or do it around the bonfire? Even you must get tired of staring at just my face the whole day."

Laughing at that, Pyry then waved at the one-eyed boy who was handling the grill. Souma Nubatama seemed to be hard at work, while Travis and Hwan were lounging nearby, focused on their own stuff. The black-haired boy noticed the two of them approaching and responded with a nod, setting aside his tools for the moment.

"... Here for... food...?" Souma asked, cocking an eyebrow. "... After all that playing around you must be... hungry..."

Once again, the way he emphasized some words was just plain weird.

"You got it, Souma. Can you pile me a bunch of meat on a plate? I'm feeling famished. And..." Pyry glanced at Hisa next to him. "What'cha want? I think there's veggies and other rabbit food at the picnic tables over there."

He pointed his thumb towards the tables where Vivienne, Alex, Cesarina and Alexstrasza were sitting at.

"Still... you two seem... close..." Souma commented, as he started prepping Pyry's order. "... Having fun?"

For some reason, he sneaked a quietly amused glance towards Hisa.

And he wasn't the only one who seemed amused. After all, even Travis snorted and whispered something to Hwan, who, in turn, let out a rather crude and quiet whistle. The boys then acted as if they had done nothing at all.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

#!$%!”

The woman became a weapon. No, perhaps she was always a weapon, merely hiding her nature. The retaliation was part of the calculations. In the time his head had been under the water, Colt Davin ran the simulations. He crunched the numbers. Though they had been underestimated, this was part of his plan.

Even as he erupted with a BUGAAAAARRGH-like noise, the course was still steady.

His body spun. In slow motion Colt watched the world around him turn as he tumbled. It took all his willpower and effort, but he managed to track the beast he had invoked. Perhaps she thought she had played her hand correctly, but.

As the surface of the water drew closer, as his ‘defeated’ tumble would soon leave him crashing into the sand and waves, Colt smiled.

That’s right, Sakura. Take your victory, because I have plenty to go around. Did you really think I’d be defeated like this? Did you think that I thought it would end at a little cold-water shower? No… you couldn’t have. You wouldn’t think that I would think that you would think to take a shot back at me by diving into the water. But I did. I calculated it all.

It would have been too obvious if I had just splashed you like normal. My intentions would have been brighter than the sun, easier to spot than that lighthouse. I buried my true desires and waited. While you indulged in your beer, I prepared. I schemed. I calculated. In agonizing, excruciating pain, I exercised patience that not even a saint could possess. All for this. All..

His eyes narrowed as the girl appeared from above the water with the grace of a mermaid.

All to get that t-shirt wet!

“Yyyyeee-blrrbrbrbrrlb!”

Colt’s face disappeared under the water, but he etched that sight into his memory. At last, a victory. After all this time, he won.

With the demeanor of a king returning from his campaign of war, with a coat of conquest in the shape of water, Colt breached the water’s surface to once more catch that sight.

Only for it to disappear beneath the waves.

“Truly a mermaid…” Awed by her agility in the water, Colt paused for a second. Only a second. Just one second. Because as soon as that second had elapsed… “Oh no you don’t!”

Kicking off against the sand, Colt gave chase.

“This is only the beginning!”

Colt had put it all on the line to bear witness to such a treasure. The boy wouldn't let it escape his sight.

Blog Entries
    John Dove

It is perhaps fortunate that things appear to settle down without the intervention of others. Upon Miss Prushka’s cue, he lowers Miss Iburi gently on the water, where she floats easily and naturally, at least until she stammers her way into realization and holds the blonde girl’s hands with surprising strength.

When Miss Iburi speaks, the only thing John can do is shake his head. He wants to tell her that he was the first to incite her into retaliatory action, so she has no reason to apologize. That it was just a game; that they were opponents, never enemies, so it was only natural he would assist her when she needed it. That, if anything, he is both glad and grateful she joined in their antics.

He does not get the chance, for they become witnesses to Colton Davin’s and Sakura Tsukioka’s own version of a water battle.

“…is that….what they call ‘tough love’?” is what comes out of his mouth instead. Should he be grateful that not all Japanese are made from the same mold? Wait, this is not the time for that.

“Um, Miss Iburi, things got a bit rough just now, but…well, in the end, it’s your win. Well played. Also, congratulations on achieving independent flotation.”

Such a way with words, John Dove.

“Thank you for joining us, Miss Prushka, and for…well…”

He suddenly runs out of words. Is he unsure of the right words to say, or is he just hesitant to say them? In either case, why?

“…for handling that which I cannot.”

All is well that ends well, right? There were no major negative consequences, and Subaru Iburi might have even gained something from the experience. Things turned out well in the end. The grey people are pleased, having a good time. His association with them has not suffered any irreparable harm. It has been a satisfactory event, right?

Yet, he cannot say he feels satisfied, just like he cannot say why.

“I…I’ll go get the tube,” he says flatly before leaving the two, all the while struck by the inexplicable feeling that he has failed a challenge he was not even aware of.