Page 170 of 244 FirstFirst ... 70120160165168169170171172175180220 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THU)
    Weather: Overcast

"H-hey! Hands off!"

Face in an adorable pout, Sierra tried to swat Liana's patting hand away... though at the same time, despite her protests, she clearly didn't dislike the gesture quite as much as she tried to imply. Still, since she couldn't exactly get physical, in the end the one-eyed girl had to more or less take it, and simply stood there while letting out a cute growl under her breath. even Hawthorne cackled at this sight, barely hiding away his own amusement at the plight of his charge.

But, once the deed was done and once Liana's questions were up in the air, the atmosphere calmed down a little bit. Hawthorne's expression turned somewhat serious, and Sierra folded her arms, pursing her lips deep in thought.

Did the locals really just hate outsiders? Could it be that simple? Maybe, maybe not.

But according to Sierra...

"W-well, hum... You know, I can't really say if that's true either. The locals didn't appreciate my Daddy building this place because, well... it clashes against what the town is. It's opulent and new, and according to some of them, an 'eyesore' when compared to the rest of the town and it's relationship with Ghostwood. Meanwhile others see Daddy as a pretender who swept in after the McLampets were all but gone. Even if he is a former local..." Sierra explained. "The same could be said about Pinefall and Oceandrop Program. I mean, there was a town meeting about it year or so ago, and the way they painted it, it was like making this whole town a prison to hold unrepentant delinquents and mentally unstable teenagers. Basically, I think the locals got scared because they thought Road's End would be just a dumping ground for dangerous people..."

--- Then, with a hint of smile, Sierra looked up at Liana.

"... But having met with you, I don't think you're dangerous at all. A bit annoying, yes! But not dangerous," the girl said with a cheeky little grin. "And I doubt those stories about what's ailing you being contagious are real either."

To this, Hawthorne rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I doubt that very much," he said with a snort. "You shouldn't believe everything that's told to you, little lady."

Then, apparently ready to change the topic, Hawthorne turned towards Liana and gestured towards rest of the grounds of the country club.

"Anyways, shall we continue? There's still few places we could show you, and only so much time in the day," he said, cocking an eyebrow. "And, from what I understand, you guys have a curfew, no?"

Now that he mentioned, the sun was getting rather low...

Prushka & John Dove
    Phase: Evening Phase (THU)
    Date: 08.09.1994

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "W-wanna be friends for real?"
    Alpa stared at the ring pop that was being offered to her, eyes wide as plate. Gingerly, she reached out to it, picked it off of Prushka's palms while carefully avoiding touching her, retracted her hand and then spent a good silent moment (during which John finished up the introductions) inspecting the wrapped up candy. From the looks of it the girl didn't exactly seem to know what to do, but after a moment she did realize she should probably remove the wrapper. And after she did...

"O-oh my gosh! Is this a candy?" Alpa wondered, inspecting the ring pop from all angles. "Why, it's so... it's so strange! I never thought they could make candies of this shape!"

Ubon, who had finally recovered to her usual self, nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeppers! You just slip it into your finger and lick it! Or... bite into it if you want your teethies to hurt, for realsies," the girl answered with a big smile. "But yeah, it's nice to finally meet you properly..."

For a moment, John Dove could see a practically devilish grin flash on Ubon's face, aimed at his direction.

"... Baggie."

Alpa beamed a nervous, yet excited smile to everyone's direction and returned the nod with gusto herself, the hood on her head flopping back and forth.

"Y-yes! It's nice to meet you all in real life!" she exclaimed cheerfully. "It's... it's quite a bit overwhelming, actually, but I'll do my best not to faint out of nervousness! Gosh, I can't believe it... you're really here! I didn't believe this day would come, or at the very least wouldn't come this early... I can scarcely believe it!"

Then, blushing pink again, her eyes flittered towards Prushka.

"M-much less that you'd actually want to be friends with me, gosh... this does feel like I'm dreaming..." Alpa continued quietly, the heavy hood muffling her words as she pulled it over her head. "I... I didn't actually think I'd be making real friends when I signed up here..."

That made Ubon raise an eyebrow, which apparently served as a sign for Alpa to turn her attention back to her and John.

"O-oh, right. I... I suppose I should explain, since you asked about it too. Well, um, let's see..." she started, fumbling over her words awkwardly, her voice barely audible. "I... I suppose I should start from the beginning. I have what you would call a form of... social anxiety disorder. Or anthropophobia. That, or social withdrawal syndrome. I'm... I'm not exactly sure what the specific term the doctors said. But, um, let's say I... I can't leave my room much. Or meet people. Or talk to people. I just get... so afraid. It's like there's a hand squeezing my throat if I even meet someone on the street. Going outside my room feels like there's a heavy weight pressing down on my shoulders. I... s-sorry, I don't like describing it much."

The face that had been so cheerful and happy just moments before was now clouded by anxious shadows and nervousness.

"B-but, not long ago I heard about this... this program. Oceandrop Program. And how it could heal people like me. And I wanted to try it, I wanted to get better, but at the same time... gosh, I couldn't go, could I? Traveling to USA, being put in a class, being scrutinized by teachers... it was too much. I applied through mail, yes, was accepted, yes, and yet... I couldn't go. Or, I thought I couldn't. But at the same time..." Alpa's eyes were now firmly locked onto the floor. "I had to. I had to get better. Even if it meant stealing away in the night and getting here on my own, avoiding people. Or hiding myself in the second floor. Or spying on the classes. It wasn't optimal, but by attending in some way, I'm sure that I'll eventually get cured..."

It was... a strange tale to be sure. Nonsensical even.

There were many things that didn't make much sense, actually.

Yet at the same time, it didn't feel like Alpa was lying.

"Wait... wait a tick," Ubon suddenly said, raising her finger and confusion clear on her expressive face. "If you've gots it that bad, then, um... how are you fine with us being here? And how are you spying on the classes, anyway?"

As if she had been caught on a lie, Alpa's eyes darted towards the door - specifically towards the hexagram - and then back to the floor underneath her.

"E-ehm, gosh, that is, I... I delude myself...?" she answered, almost like she was asking a question. "A-and I guess I'm just... quiet?"

That certainly sounded fishy.

Blog Entries
    Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Looks like someone tried to make it hard to reopen, but I think I'll be able to get this open anyway."
    Souma nodded and moved out of the way. He walked over to the edge of the room and leaned against the tattered wall, folding his arms and gazing at the brunette girl from the dark shadows. Inside her mind, Elise could feel the familiar presence of her unwanted freeloader stir once more. Strangely enough, it was keeping an eye on the boy. Not just now, but even before this. Back in the library, and during their journey through the abandoned section. Something in Souma Nubatama roused the interest of LBJ, but whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, one couldn't say.

And this sensation of emotion that came from the demon... what even was it?

Amusement?

Hostility?

... Caution?

"........... Go ahead," Souma's silky voice echoed from the shadows as the boy watched on.

As it turned out, removing the door of the closet wasn't a hard thing to do. While Pyry Leijonamieli had made sure that no normal human could yank it out without putting some serious effort on it (or without using proper tools) for someone with Elise's strength it was less of an obstacle and more of a nuisance. Taking a hold of the door, the brunette girl was able to twist it out of it's warped state and then slide it outwards, slowly removing the whole thing off it's "rails" so to speak. The sliding door wobbled under the strength and warped some more, but after a minute or two of yanking it this way or that way, Elise finally ripped the door away and tossed it to the side.

The wooden piece fell to the floor with a dull thud, making only a bit of noise. Guess it wasn't made from the best of materials.

What was revealed from beyond the door however... now that was something else. It was a dark space, completely devoid of light except for what streamed through the boarded up windows. The closet was pretty much empty, and whatever clothes had been there must have been either destroyed by time or not exist in the first place. Indeed, the only thing lingering there was there, on the floor, like a forgotten furniture or a stuffed toy that had been abandoned long ago.

But it was neither.

It was something far worse.

Dehydrated, nothing but skin spread tight over the remaining bones - nothing but a mummy at this point.

In other words...

".......... Well," Souma said, striding closer from the darkness and squatting down next to the closet with a smile on his face. "You........"

The smile widened, revealing those pearly white teeth.

And he said:

"... Aren't you a beauty?"

Elaine Winters
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THURS)

A small chuff of amusement broke the silence.

"A normal girl, hm? What even is that, anyway?"

A wry, self-reflective question floated into the air idly, though, it carried with it a slightly bemused undertone, from someone whose life could never have really been called 'normal' to most people.

"Suppose that's what we're all here to find out, and I suppose it's a good deal easier for me than someone else," Another one of those twitching shrugs, "I'm just a particularly nosy antiques-enthusiast at the end of the day, definitely."

I mean, that was, in a way, technically true, if completely and utterly not at all what I was.

"And if I wanted a shining knight I'd go find some sour-faced walking refrigerator who thinks he's still part of the Warsaw Pact," I sighed, "Instead I've got some skulky Blade Runner-lookin' ass who gets all flustered when I decide to get a little emotional with him."

I sighed theatrically, "A great sacrifice on my part, I'll have you know. A himbo of steel, born into this world solely to flex on magazine covers and crush monsters with his thighs, some real Conan shit."

I pressed a hand against my forehead, affecting a tone of extremely sincere woe, as if I was some sort of romance novel protagonist, swooning in too many skirts.

"Alas, alas. I am doomed to spend the next while with some easily bullied spy-borg who looks like he crawled out of a boy band I'd have on my wall, and every time I make you blush I have to exert a tragically doomed effort to not begin teasing you! But, however hard this is on me, I will endure this terrible sacrifice, for I am simply an ordinary girl, cast about in winds of utmost potency."

I continued sighing, as if under some great and terrible weight, clenching my eyes tight against some aforementioned gust of terrible fate.

Then I peeked an eye open.

"That good enough for you? Little more Vivien Leigh?"

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Kean let out a loud harrumph at the overexaggerated acting of his blonde friend. The expression on his face was somewhere between sullen and annoyed, with a dash of his flustered nature still peeking through. The Irish boy had been through a bit of an emotional rollercoaster in the past twenty minutes or so. First trying, in his own way, to bring Elaine back from her streak of depression. Then descending into a heart-to-heart conversation he wasn't used to. And now, he was being teased like this. It was small wonder he hadn't completely given up on the situation.

But then, out of nowhere... a genuine chuckled echoed from his lips, and he couldn't but to clap quietly. Looking almost refreshed, he turned his sardonically grinning face at his friend, finally properly facing her. And while there were still echoes of that redness on his face, most of it was already gone.

"Yeah, that was pretty good. I mean, you are a horrible actor, but hey - points for trying your best!" the boy joked, snickering to himself. "You've come a long way from the awkward attempts of bluffing your way through lawmen. Right now, I doubt I would even have to do the talking all by myself, while you awkwardly shuffled your feet in the background!"

His grin becoming a bit gentler, a bit warmer, the boy put a hand to his hip and looked the girl before him from head to toes.

"If I were a betting man, I'd say that overly purple prose aside, you'd do fine on your own..."

--- But soon, that grin changed into a mischievous glint.

"... But then again, there's always something to learn, isn't there?"

Suddenly, Kean took few steps forward. No, more than few. Behaving with confidence, completely unlike his previous self, the silver-haired boy approached Elaine slowly yet without wavering or slowing down. This was done while keeping his eyes, which now were oddly hypnotizing, were locked onto her gaze. As the boy approached, the strange pressure around him seemed to grow, and without even meaning to Elaine found herself taking a step backwards. Or maybe two?

Wait, why was the wall already at her back?

When had she retreated like this under Kean's sudden, unexplained advance?

The boy, on the other hand... he was smiling.

Mysteriously.

Confidently.

Like he was a completely different person.

"Mm, I suppose I could do better in the muscles department... then again, it's not like you have seen all that I have to offer. I can say, I've a bit more muscle than perhaps you know. Of course, it's not really a matter of training. My body's been sculpted after all. Sculpted to be perfect at what I do. If you don't believe me, you're welcome to check yourself..." Kean spoke, his voice becoming a husky whisper as he leaned his face closer to Elaine's. "... Though, speaking of which, I dunno... you say you like muscles, and I know you do, but I think it's strength in all forms that draws you in. You don't need to be ripped like Conan to be able to carry a girl like a princess and treat her well, am I right? And if it was you, my arms would certainly be strong enough to carry you, no matter what. Or treat you like a princess."

That face drew closer.

"Should we try it?"

Those emerald eyes were larger.

"That is..."

He smelled faintly of old forests and fresh green of hilly plains.

"... Should I sweep you off your feet like a normal girl?"

Was it acting?

Was he being serious?

It was impossible to tell.

Kean's face drew so close that...!

"........"

--- It went right past Elaine's head.

And he whispered into her ear:

"We are in an abode of a fae. My emotional circuitry is overtaxed, so I bet it affects both of us. Try to keep your wits about you."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Tea it is.” After a quick glance at the digits the note with Das Thulewerk’s number was neatly folded and slipped into Colt’s wallet. Colt gave one last smile to Frauke before turning to the door. “Be seein’ ya soon, and thanks again.”

Soon as in perhaps yesterday, or maybe tomorrow. With how things were going who could even tell.

Case in hand, Colt went out the door with Tris, back to his bike. Pulling out his keys, he lifted the case up and offered it to Tris. It was a much more convenient and discrete way of taking a gun around town atop a motorcycle than the alternatives he’d imagined himself resorting to. For that he was thankful, but since it needed a hand to keep ahold of it…

“Mind holding onto this? I need both hands to drive.”

Elaine Winters

Oi.

Oi, oi.

This is too much, you idiot, stop.

What're you even doin, tryin' to act all big-shot like this, you dumb idiot.

Beep-boop my emotional circuits are overwhelmed get the hell outta here.

Harumph.

I sighed.

"I know we're in a damned fairy house, bolts for brains. It's why a good portion of my self-control has been going towards-, never mind."

Is that it, then?

Is that the reason why I'm getting emotional, then? Nothing genuine, or real, just fairy bullshit?

Hm.

It didn't feel quite right, but maybe it is making me a bit more genuine.

"You should be careful about playing with a girl's feelings, you know?" I said idly, resting a hand on his shoulder (the same shoulder, if you must know).

"Especially getting all up close and personal like this, making me flustered. It'd be easy to really hurt my feelings, right? I could do something a bit rash, right?"

If one was to look at my hand, it carried a hint of the perfume of Madame Guillotine.

I patted it again, smiling benevolently.

"Focusing on another lady when one's right in front of you? Bold strategy. You fool, you idiot, you absolute buffoon. I oughta slug you."

No sense of romance at all.

This'd probably look more impressive and terrible if my face wasn't red.

One could also argue it enhances the effect.

"If you wanna make it up to me, you can help me look through this damned file before she's done."

I patted the satchel knowingly.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

"Just a little annoying eh?"

Letting out a small laugh at Sierra's words, the raven-haired girl simply smirks in response.

"I can deal with that, that's about the right level for me."

Of course, her words about the townsfolk sounded about right, it was the conclusion she herself had more or less reached in the end; considering the reputation of her fellow students and herself, and really, the obviously broken nature of herself and the others, it was understandable that other people might not want them moving into the neighborhood, hell, considering how bad Sunday had apparently gotten, it might not be a fear that was entirely unfounded, after all...

The student body was swarmed with members of the Turnside... Of course that didn't mean anything inherently, after all, blame could seemingly be put on the Disembodied Man and Dot for what had happened on Sunday, but...

The Turnside is not the best at making rational individuals, there's something about being awash in fantasy that seems to erode the psyche a bit, still...

Best not to think about it too much right now, she was having a fun moment...

just leave it at that Liana...

Of course, Time continues to pass, the sun is well on it's way towards disappearing over the horizon, and Hawthorne points out a certain fact that should be obvious, namely:

That time is running out before her "bedtime," the school "curfew," as it was...

To that, the girl pauses only for a moment, another single heartbeat in time, before...

"Well, I guess there's technically a curfew... But I'm pretty sure they won't care if I stay out overnight as long as I show up to class tomorrow."

Of course, she actually does not know this for sure... In reality, it's probably the opposite.

She would probably be missed if she did not go back to the dormitory, but by that measure, she could only really get in trouble for it if she got caught doing it, and well...

Who would look for her out here?

In the Country Club?

Her odds were pretty good, she might get in trouble for it later on, but well...

If breaking a few rules here or there meant she had a better shot at solving this mess, then hell, it was a worthy detention, she would silently bear it with the pride of a hidden delinquent-!

Thus-!

"So I can stay here as long as you guys would like me to... Well, if Sierra kicks me out I'll have to leave, but I don't mind hanging around for awhile yet."

She grins at the younger girl, even as Zee hops back up on her shoulder, or rather...

Painfully claws his way back up her shoulder, although she ignores it.

"So what do you say Sie? Bored of us yet?"

A confident smile.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Location: Pinefall High School – Main Building (Second Floor)

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklêun
    ”... Baggie.”
    “…my disappointment is beyond measure,” retorts John with the flat tone of one who probably doesn’t even know what disappointment even feels like.

Alpa Bāgha is kind enough to respond to his inquiry, expressing the circumstances that make her suitable for the Oceandrop Program, her determination to be part of it, even if it was as a “phantom” member. There are, however, some glaring gaps in her explanation, which Ubon does bring up because as she has already well proven, she is in fact not an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpa Bāgha
    “E-ehm, gosh, that is, I... I delude myself...? A-and I guess I'm just... quiet?”
    “…I see.”

No, he does not. She is probably withholding information, and probably with good reason. That is what John concludes, following his gaze towards the “Dwelling People.”

With the grunt of a man much older, John lets himself drop and sit on the aged floor. It will not do to look on this girl in their first exchange. He needs to establish a “rapport,” before assessing the idea of “friendship.” On the other hand, he needs to ask questions.

“Excuse me if I am mistake, but if I understood properly, you said that you are registered into the Oceandrop Program, but Mister Oceandrop and the teachers do not know that you are here? Is that right? Could you tell us when did you arrive? Were you here before we arrived on Monday?”

No, there are even more important questions.

“Is there…is there anybody else hidden up here, or even further upstairs? Have you seen anybody else around here? Actually, who else knows that you are here? Aside from the three of us, I mean. And I mean in reality, not as part of a delusion or the likes.”

John vaguely remembers Prushka mentioning that she was cued here by Hisa Momoi, or something like that. Has Alpa Bāgha spoken to Momoi and/or Pyry?

Letting his shoulders slump a bit further, John sighs and goes for a half-hearted smile.

“Sorry, I’m just pelting you with questions; it is very rude of me,” he says, slightly inclining his head in a submissive gesture. “I apologize for acting like this, but, well, I need to ask these questions. If you can sneak in here, then others can as well, and they might not be nice and cute girls. I believe I have reason to be concerned.”

It would be so much easier to say something “I’m worried for myself and everyone else,” but apparently, even John Dove has standards when it comes to lying or something. He is definitely holding back on what he says in front of Prushka and Ubon, but for all he knows the former is already readying her tiny fists of righteous fury, and the latter…well, perhaps he should be more wary of the kicking power of those well-sculpted legs.

“But seriously, you…you’ve been through quite something, huh.”

He may lack empathy; they might be words chosen to dispel the aura of an interrogation and project a more welcoming image, but the words are not lies. An inability to engage in “proper” social interaction with other humans is an objectively major complication for any human being in this grey world. Whether it comes from a real social disability, a self-imposed limitation, or a supernatural effect, remains to be diagnosed.

“And you made a hell of a trip to come here,” he continues the ambiguous praise. “I don’t know whether I should be worried or impressed. You came from so far away…actually, may I know where you come from?”

And yet another very important question, this one better immersed within more casual talk. This is the question that will help him narrow down the nature of her mysticism, and the likely-supernatural prowess that allows her to manage despite her limitations, and to spy on the lectures unnoticed by anybody else.

Conversation merely as a tool; devoid of enjoyment, amusement or any desire for social interaction. Such is the way of the moon-warped.

Of course, John Dove is the kind of idiot who fails to realize that, were that truly the case, he would have not discarded his original course of action to join this little adventure to the school’s second floor.

“And please don’t say something bizarre like ‘Shambhala’. I might really hit someone. Probably Prushka.”

That, right there.

Do you not see it, John Dove? The palest vestige of color?

Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "So what do you say Sie? Bored of us yet?"
    Sierra's eye narrowed and flashed dangerously.

"I will if you call me that again," she said with a magnificent pout. "I refuse to accept a nickname that sounds like what you call your cat! Hmph!"

With that, the tiny girl put her hands on her hips like a little queen and marched off, heading out of the flowerbeds and towards the further grounds of the country clubs. Away from the labyrinthian jungles of the garden themselves, and into the direction where freshly-cut lawn, luxurious looking dread gazebos and what looked to be a mini golf course awaited, hanging by the edge of the Ghostwood that loomed in every direction. Still, despite the girl's walk being rather great example of annoyance and frustration, she did shoot a look over her shoulder that seemed to question whether or not the two were following. In other words, despite her words she wasn't kicking anyone out... yet.

Perhaps, at the end of the day, Liana had made a good impression on her.

"So, a knight decides to break the rules, huh?" Hawthorne asked, fishing out another cigarette from his pocket. "Not what I expected, but I guess that's alright. Well, better than being a complete goody two-shoes, I figure."

With a chuckle, he lit up the thing between his lips and started walking after the girl.

"Besides, while we walk, I suppose we could exchange some notes. See, there are few things I've been curious about regarding your school... and no, that's not whether your conditions is contagious or not," he continued with a lopsided grin. "If anything, I'm interested in a few... students."

For a moment.

Just for a moment.

A cold, focused look appeared in the man's eyes, replacing his usual lazy cockiness.

"... And I'd love to hear more."

Then, with that, it was gone. Hawthorne was back to normal, and it was as if nothing had ever happened.

And thus did Liana's introduction to the country club continue...

[SCENE END /// Move to NEXT Phase!]

Liana Skye: Friendship Rank Raised!

Colt Davin

As the duo of Tris and Colt entered the Fortress of Britishness through the front door, the happy chime of a bell announced their arrival somewhere in the back room. As usual, this place was nothing if not, well, patriotic. The things that were being sold, the things on display, the very atmosphere and decor of the room were as if they had made a sudden teleportation trip to the isles by stepping through that door. However, at the same time, it wasn't the same sort of bombastic, overbearing patriotism as Frauke's was - blasting old songs at a full volume to anyone and everyone who could hear them. No, this was done with a sense of style and taste.

Though, apparently, the small gunstore owner hadn't been wrong...

"M-my word... 'tis a truly strange placeth..." Tris mumbled, looking around the room while still carrying Colt's case. "What even art half of this stuf?"

However, before Colt could answer, the door to the backroom swung open, and the owner of this shop-slash-postal-office made her appearance. Sue Popplewell, wearing one of her bright and fluffy sweats and sporting a warm smile, greeted the duo with a wave of her hand.

"Oh! Welcome, welcome!" she chirped, leaning against the table with her hands. "Now, how can I help our newest Road's End residents toda---"

Then.

Her eyes focused on Colt.

Took in his facial features, hair and eyes.

... And a slightly sheepish smile replaced her old one.

"O-oh dear."

Rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly, Sue glanced towards the back room, then back at the boy, and finally made an apologetic gesture with her hand.

"My bad, love. If you're looking for that young lady, she, uh... she left not too long ago. And in quite the huff, too," the store-owner said. "Said she was 'tired of waiting after giving him a second chance' and that 'he'd just have to wait till another day', she did. Umm..."

She nodded towards the boy.

"... I suppose that 'he' was you, no?"

Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "If you wanna make it up to me, you can help me look through this damned file before she's done."
    Silence.

Then... a chuckle.

And it grew.

It grew into a more uncontrollable one as Kean finally eased on his acting and started guffawing like a buffoon that he was, bonking his forehead against the wall and using it as a support for a moment. Then, gingerly and watching out that he didn't touch Elaine in any awkward places, the boy rolled out of the way and leaned his back against that same wall, standing right next to Elaine. His mouth was turned into a mischievous, yet refreshed, grin and he continued chuckling like an idiot... though more to the situation than the flush that had appeared on the girl's cheeks.

"Right right. Sorry. Even if this place is messing with our inhibitions, better leave the horseplay out of it. Besides, like you said... I'm not suicidal enough to start toying with your feelings. That'd just end up painfully for me, no?" Kean said, back to his regular tone of voice and attitude. "As adorable as that look is for you, best I won't push your buttons too much. Last thing we want is for a fae house to make things awkward for us, right?"

Still chuckling, the boy nudged Elaine with his elbow.

It was both a gesture that was still slightly teasing, but also almost like a wordless question if she was alright, and if he had gone too far with his payback.

After all, despite his snarky attitude, Kean was the type who couldn't leave it alone if he thought he had gone too far.

"But... a file, huh? What's that about?" The boy continued to ask, sliding down the wall and sitting on the floor while gazing up at the blonde girl. "The way you phrase it, sounds important."

He flashed another grin and tapped the right side of his face - near his eye.

"Need me to do a little speedreading?"

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

The duo speaks, and I listen, ears open as out of the corner of my eye I see a girl with a truly stupendous hat. The sort of hat that one might wear if they were looking to 'not blend in', rather then 'blend in' as it were. Of course, being a master of disguise like myself is not the easiest, so it is understandable that some stick out more then others.

"I presume you both will be staying after the emergency treatment and possible operation are done? It might take a few hours, but once her condition has stabilized, we can allow you to visit her. On the other hand, if you wish to stay with your friend, we can arrange sleeping quarters for you... though as a partner of your school, we must have you attend tomorrow as normal - no skipping class, and all that."
    "Well, I will certainly be staying," I said with a bright smile, sending Noah a judgmental look. "And I assume Noah would be more then happy to stay as well, yes?"

"Oh, and is there anything I can bring you? Something to drink? We have a coffee-maker in our break room, at the very least..."
    "Ah! In my haste to aid Cesarina, I believe I forgot my medicine in my dorm," I tapped the side of my temple with my fist, sticking out my tongue. "Silly me! Would it be possible to get it here? I would not wish to fall down in the middle of a conversation, after all!"

I glanced again at the girl out of the corner of my eye, giving her a small wave and a thumbs up. Anyone willing to wear a hat like that... Well, its hard to say if they would or would not be a wizard. Suffice to say it's one of those things that's hard to tell at a glance, without proper preparation beforehand. I wasn't particularly expecting to run into so many... Um...

...Interesting people during my lazy demonslaying vacation. I was expecting more blood and fire, and less of the sitting around and talking. But, there are new skills to be learned at every outing, no? That's why I'll learn to make friends, then hunt the demon! It's truly fortunate that time can repeat endlessly and half the people here can't remember anything! It makes my missteps practically nonexistent!

I nodded with closed eyes and a small smile, confident that I'd stumbled onto some sort of unmatched epiphany. It was good to be on top. I was definitely going to go talk to the girl with the hat after the doctor left. Maybe she knew something about healing that I did not.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Elaine Winters

I folded my arms grumpily as my friend had a good laugh at my expense, frowning disapprovingly and most severely at his mirth.

“Yeah, yeah, laugh it up, wise-guy. One of these days, pow, straight to the moon with you.”

I let out a hmph of utmost disdain at his antics, shaking my head, pivoting sharply into some comedic relief and shoving my disappointment into yet another dark corner of my mind.

Welp, whatever, nothing to be done about it now, press on.

I grunted in acknowledgement of his inquiry, shifting my pack to open it.

“Mm, case file on a murder, happened at that rundown shack, cause of death: exsanguination.”

I paused, hesitating the barest amount, taking a moment to brush some hair out of my eyes.

“A certain someone was interested in it, it’s where I was planning on hauling the whole testosterone-ridden lot of you idiots last night before, well.”

I glanced at the doctor’s operating area.

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Ah! In my haste to aid Cesarina, I believe I forgot my medicine in my dorm! Silly me! Would it be possible to get it here? I would not wish to fall down in the middle of a conversation, after all!"
    Albert Roslin let out a bit of a sigh and for a moment, his expression was that of a teacher who was ruminating about the troublesome nature of his student... but then, turning it around, the older man straightened his back, adopted a business smile and nodded. Unlike the last time that Alexstrasza had been here, at least the man looked like he had been sleeping.

Though, then again, those were some pretty heavy bags under his eyes...

"Alright! I'll give your school a call and see if they can't arrange those medicine to be brought here," he said, thumping his chest with his fist. "And while I'm at it, I'll make sure a guest room is prepared for you and..."

He eyed at Noah questioningly, who simply smiled back.

"... Well, it's more interesting than going back to the hotel," the boy answered, tilting his head. "There's nothing to poke and prod back there..."

Dr. Roslin grimaced slightly.

"Please don't poke and prod the patients, Noah..."

However, Alexstrasza had this strange feeling that it wasn't Cesarina who the boy spoke about. Indeed, when he had spoken of poking and prodding, those laze eyes of the purple-haired boy had definitely glanced towards her direction. Was this something to be worried about...?

Still, with a new goal, the good doctor bid them a momentary farewell and headed towards the reception area in the lobby, presumably to make those calls he had been talking about. This left Noah, Alexstrasza and the strange girl who had not spoken a word before alone at the waiting area. And speaking of which, the green-haired girl with an emotionless face had narily reacted to the blonde girl's friendly gestures. If anything, her eyes had just momentarily wavered to her direction and they were back again, staring at the floor straight ahead.

Despite being so short in stature, she was certainly... cold.

One could practically feel that aura emanating from her.

"Buonasera."

Oh.

What was that breathy, quiet voice without any inflections?

Was it a greeting?

Hard to say, the girl was still staring at nothing in particular.

Hmm...

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

As Dr. Roslin left, I gave Noah a suspicious look.

"I do hope you don't plan to stab me when I'm not looking," I said, waggling a finger in front of his face. "For one, it would be dreadfully painful, and more then a bit annoying. Especially when Cesarina's in such a terrible state. I would hate to have to maim you for stabbing me when I've left my knife-proof jacket at home."

I smiled cheerily, giving him a thumbs up and a wink to show I was merely jesting. Naturally, if Noah was to stab me in good fun, I would have to respond in kind! Letting such a good game go unanswered would be... it would be...

Almost rude.

"Buonasera."
    "Good evening," I said in reply, looking at the girl in the magnificent hat. "I quite like your hat. I had a similar one, but I left it at home."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

It was good to have a butler that one could rely on -- perhaps that Adelaide Cheshire had enjoyed that all her life, but a little reminder from time to time was always good! It helped to not take things for granted. Where would she be after all if not for this ever dependable butler? However, a problem had just shown up, and the two of them were possibly in quite a pickle if they did not address the problem caused by this... unexpected guest. Or were they the unexpected guests here? Semantically the latter statement would be more correct yes... but pah, Adelaide Cheshire never was one that minded the smaller details!

"I shall buy us some time. It may be wise if you clean this little accident up!" she whispers to her butler's ear as Adelaide quickly walks over to him. When did she decide that was how things were going to happen? Perhaps it'd be better that she stayed here and cleaned up the mess while her butler went to entertain the newcomer with words and small talk... but a Lady must make decisions after all, break out of her shell!

Thus this was an opportunity to put her etiquette to good use. As quickly as Adelaide approached her Butler, she returned to the gate and headed out into the corridor, looking like a lost lamb... perhaps that this kind soul might guide her back to the green pastures she seeks... though hopefully her dear butler agrees to this plan.

He should, no?

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    “Mm, case file on a murder, happened at that rundown shack, cause of death: exsanguination. A certain someone was interested in it, it’s where I was planning on hauling the whole testosterone-ridden lot of you idiots last night before, well.”
    "Exsanguination, huh...?"

Kean mulled the word over in his head, clearly realizing the implications of it. That, combined with Elaine had implied with her own words seemed to cause some sort of realization in him, as the boy suddenly arched his eyebrows at his friend.

"Aah, one of those then..." He said, before, for some reason, lifting his arm to cover half of his face like he had had a cloak. "Listen to them - chiiiildren of the night! Vat music they make!"

After his half-assed imitation at the horrible action, he snorted and gestured for Elaine to hand the file over again.

"Well, should make for an interesting reading while we wait for the good doctor to her thing. I'll let you know if I ping out anything interesting, no matter if it's something mundane or something from our side of the coinflip," he said, this time pressing properly against the side of his face. "The last thing we need is one of those mosquitos hanging about..."

Kean's emerald eye had started glowing ever-so-slightly, and Elaine could see the iris shifting and turning, like it had been made out of hundreds of tiny cog-wheels that were now beginning to open up, readjust themselves, and then set themselves into a new position. At the same time the pupil itself started dilating, and Kean closed his more normal left-eye.

Despite their situation, and what he said, at least he was taking this seriously.

"Let's get to cracking, then."

Elaine Winters: Friendship Rank Raised!

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "Good evening. I quite like your hat. I had a similar one, but I left it at home."
    It moved like a rusted clock.

The girl's head, that is.

Slowly but surely, it turned to face the expectant gaze of Alexstrasza Lockhart... and returned no emotion whatsoever. Instead, what the blonde girl got to see was the impassive expression of someone who made no effort of even conveying their feelings in whatsoever manner. It was like staring at a wall, in all honesty. Indeed, few seconds of gazing at that nonexpression made it clear that Alexstrasza's efforts would have been better spent trying to greet the dry the floor than whoever this person was. A fact that seemed to cause a whole lot of amusement to Noah, judging by the way he was smiling from ear to ear.

But she did answer.

Oh did she answer.

"Quanto sei noioso."

And with that, the girl rose from her seat and wandered off, walking like she had been pulled by an invisible rope tied around her waist - with her back completely straight like a plank of steel. What was left behind was an awkward silence that Alexstrasza and Noah shared, and the latter reveled in.

About ten seconds of complete silence that let it sink in just how totally the blonde girl had been brushed off.

And then, finally, relishing this opportunity, Noah turned his smiling face towards Alexstrasza.

"... Don't feel bad. Nerina Calando is somewhat famous around here. She does not, ah... like people. Or that's how I understand it," the boy said, making vague gestures with his oversized sleeves. "So no need to take it to heart! She's as rude to everyone here, which means you're not one bit special. Mm, truly average when it comes to interacting with that girl..."

The boy nodded to himself, apparently satisfied.

"... Oh, and don't worry," he suddenly continued, tilting his head to reveal a cheerful grin. "I don't plan to poke and prod you physically. That would just be unethical and honestly, not quite productive. No, I was thinking of doing it verbally. Isn't it much more fun that way...?"

Well.

This was going to be a long evening wasn't it...?

Alexstrasza Lockhart: Friendship Rank Raised!

New Person Met!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel
    "I swear to gods that Juicehead... I'll break her glasses and hide her contacts. "This is the last time...!"
    I swear if the reason I had to deal with those crappy shadow puppets last time was because of some kind of half-arsed sibling rivalry…

“So, scouting out the school is your sister’s responsibility?” A hint of tiredness reflected in her voice. “Any reason she’d keep things under wraps like this? Hide the school dates and whatnot?”

Well, simple cluelessness was always the option, of course. From what little interaction Anna had with the girl she was definitely the “airhead” type… or at least appeared to be. Judging by how confident the boy across the table seemed to be in her sister’s capacity for not making mistakes, it wouldn’t be a stretch to imagine that the older sister’s normally clueless behavior was merely a façade and nothing more. And since she was responsible for searching about at school grounds, it could still very well be that she was scouting out the campus with her familiars behind the back of her other two siblings.

But why would that even be necessary?

Besides, that was only one half of the puzzle here, with the other being…

“Hmm… Can you everything you know about your dad? Maybe we can, at least, give you some clues on the matter. At the very least, we’d be more knowledgeable than any townsfolk in regards to the folks at Pinefall, both staff and student.”

“Less reason to scout out the campus as well if you have someone with first-hand knowledge, eh?” Anna flashed the boy a toothy smile. "And less potential reasons for us to end up entangled in some supernatural misunderstanding or another."

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Cheshire

With time being of essence, Alex had no problem with Adelaide's plan.

In other words, the "butler" would stay behind and clean up the signs of their little investigation, while the "lady of the house" would make an excursion out to the hallway where the approaching footfalls were getting slowly closer to the door. So, Alex immediately got to work, sweeping the pile of trash she had dumped to the floor back to the little trashcan. At the same time, she pocketed the strange receipt she had been investigating and - after a momentary flash of surprise in her eyes - something else as well. But that was as much as Adelaide could see, before she opened the door and stepped outside.

The corridor outside was almost completely silent, unmoving, and empty. Indeed, the only real movement in there was Adelaide as she entered the place with in her fluttering, poofy dress and started looking around - doing her best to give off an impression of a lost aristocrat who had ended up in a wrong part of the mansion. That same "act" allowed her to surreptitiously scan the area around her for the source of the footfalls.

To the left, nothing. The corridor continued for just a little bit, and then ended in a large window.

Her head swiveled.

To the right, nothin---

--- No, that wasn't quite right.

There was something there, or rather, someone.

But her gaze didn't immediately pick him up. After all, he was surprisngly short.

No, not just short. Looking at the person, standing about fifteen meters from where Adelaide right now was, he was also young. Surprisingly young when compared to the clothes he was wearing. A labcoat? What sort of boy that age, probably somewhere around twelve or thirteen, would wear a labcoat? Not just that, but the way he carried himself wasn't exactly that of a young boy either. It was rigid, reserved, stoic... far cry from usual youngsters.

And then there were those eyes... red, crimson eyes that stared a hole through Adelaide, no Vivienne like two guns trained at her. Framed by platinum hair that made the boy look like a doll of sterilized metal or unpainted plastic in an empty white room.

"----------"

He said nothing.

Just stared.

But even without it, the oddest sensation took over Adelaide.

Because that was, undoubtedly, not the stare of a child...

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

"Do you have a plan regarding that, Lady Lucille? Is there something we can do?" she asked. "And... do you think the demon is connected to what you're experiencing regarding time?"
    Why is she surprised Sakura asked about a plan? It’s not like it’s an unreasonable request. Is it because she has none to offer? No direction, other than to “try something?” She hates that people look to her for answers, because she can provide none.

Incompetent, worthless, out of her league…

“I don’t know… I promised I’d help, but to be honest, I… I don’t have any idea on how to fix the situation.” Lucille is only suited towards killing things, and even then, she feels she does a poor job at that. She has no clue on how to deal with the malevolent force of mass destruction Elise is host to.

“As for the other thing, about time… Maybe? I think it’s unlikely, but I’m not certain. Remember Elizaveta? Elise told me the demon can’t remember her, either.”

Lucille lets out a defeated sigh.

“What’s the point of living out this farce when everything is out to kill us… perhaps Alexstrasza is right.”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka
    Phase: Evening Phase (THU)

As Alpa looks over the ring pop with wonder, the frantic beating of my heart slowly eases, and the self-denigrating voice in my head fades away into inaudibility. It's fine. Whatever that was, it's gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpa
    "M-much less that you'd actually want to be friends with me, gosh... this does feel like I'm dreaming... I... I didn't actually think I'd be making real friends when I signed up here..."
    "Haha... you and me both... but Road's End is a weird place where improbable things happen on the regular. Even dreams!"

If you'd told the girl sitting on that bus seat so long ago that she'd be stressing out about what others thought of her, she'd have laughed in your face. And if you'd told her she'd be hanging out with a loudmouthed bird brain and a kind jerk, she'd have called you delusional.

But now that girl is giddy over making friends with another human, like an idiot.

"O-oh, right. I... I suppose I should explain, since you asked about it too. Well, um, let's see... I... I suppose I should start from the beginning. I have what you would call a form of... social anxiety disorder. Or anthropophobia. That, or social withdrawal syndrome. I'm... I'm not exactly sure what the specific term the doctors said. But, um, let's say I... I can't leave my room much. Or meet people. Or talk to people. I just get... so afraid. It's like there's a hand squeezing my throat if I even meet someone on the street. Going outside my room feels like there's a heavy weight pressing down on my shoulders. I... s-sorry, I don't like describing it much."

"B-but, not long ago I heard about this... this program. Oceandrop Program. And how it could heal people like me. And I wanted to try it, I wanted to get better, but at the same time... gosh, I couldn't go, could I? Traveling to USA, being put in a class, being scrutinized by teachers... it was too much. I applied through mail, yes, was accepted, yes, and yet... I couldn't go. Or, I thought I couldn't. But at the same time... I had to. I had to get better. Even if it meant stealing away in the night and getting here on my own, avoiding people. Or hiding myself in the second floor. Or spying on the classes. It wasn't optimal, but by attending in some way, I'm sure that I'll eventually get cured..."
    And now that girl is patiently sitting on the floor next to John Dove, nodding as she listens to the story of her newest soon-to-be buddy.

When Alpa finishes her story...

"That was hella brave."

There's a lot that could be said about the story. One could poke at the holes in the logic, question the specifics of that disorder she mentioned, ask how the heck she got up here in the first place... but the feelings in her words are totally real, and that's what matters in the end.

"Managing to get all the way here without anyone realizing by yourself, staying hidden all week, and finishing your homework on time... that's pretty crazy, but I believe it."

So, I open my backpack and start rummaging through it while John does the John thing and asks a bunch of clarifying questions. He can worry about that, while I...

Quote Originally Posted by John Dove
    “And please don’t say something bizarre like ‘Shambhala’. I might really hit someone. Probably Prushka.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubon
    "Wait... wait a tick. If you've gots it that bad, then, um... how are you fine with us being here? And how are you spying on the classes, anyway?"
    "E-ehm, gosh, that is, I... I delude myself...? A-and I guess I'm just... quiet?"
    "Hah!"

My hand emerges, clutching its prize.

"There's a cross counter waiting for you, John Dove. Your fist won't ever reach! But more importantly..."

"This room is the 'castle' you built, right?" I tilt my head, imagining a crown on Alpa's head instead of that fluffy hood. "A queen might be scared outside her kingdom, but she's all powerful on the throne. Is it something like that? Or maybe it's more like a witch's abode or a workshop... either way!"

Something dangles between my outstretched fingers. A dark bandana.

"I dunno if you were able to see the concert, but this is a special item that gives 'confidence' to whoever wears it. There should still be some juice left. I doubt it'd help with your condition, but do you want to try it on, Alpa? It might make stepping outside easier. There are like three more left so don't worry about wasting it."

I don't have any questions at the moment. Or rather, I do, but there's no reason to pry. Being under scrutiny must be painful, like having a light shining on you. It can't be comfortable, especially if you're already doing your best. So if Ubon and John wanna ask questions, I'll step away for now.

"..."

Well, okay, there's one.

"...by the way, what's this 'momo' you mentioned...?"

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

"Oh... greetings!"

An eloquent curtsy as a show of respect towards this newly arrived person... who was indeed quite the individual, by the looks of it. They possessed a body that no doubt would be most easily associated with the word 'child', yet the pair of eyes that stared at Vivienne and this person's demeanor indicated that there was the coldness of an adult in their soul -- at the very least, the merriment, joy and life that were so characteristic of youth were nowhere to be seen; instead all that was left was a tasteless, odourless slab. It wasn't an absolute void like a certain person's who had had her soul fractured... no, there was 'something' in there, but that something gravitated closely to being sterile.

One should not think their thoughts out loud however, nor should they be rude to new people they've met. No, that is not the etiquette of a prim and proper lady.

"And I thought that there was no one else around here... what a pleasant surprise to meet someone here."

Adelaide sounds quite delighted indeed, excited even at the premise of having someone to chat with. To the one that she just met, it could look like that finding someone to speak to was exactly what she needed, and they had come just in time to fill that need of hers!

She sizes the compact figure from head to toe, visibly intrigued by its getup...

"Would you perhaps be... a medical worker of sorts? Pardon me if that may sound rude but... the white coat caught my attention quite vividly. Not exactly what most people would walk around in, though it matches your complexion quite well, I must say!"

... did she like doctors? Perhaps her family worked in the medical field? Or did she maybe aspire to be someone who worked under the Hippocratic oath eventually? Who knows, what was certain was that she was brimming with curiosity and eager to learn more about the nature of her new conversational partner... well... it was a one way conversation for now... perhaps because...?

"Oh! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Adelaide Alvana Cheshire. May I know your name?"

She curtsies in a more apologetic way, as to display her remorse in having seemingly forgotten her manners. It seemed like this was a woman that could get excited quite easily...