Page 107 of 244 FirstFirst ... 75797102105106107108109112117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phase: Morning Phase?
    Date: 24.07.1994 (?)
    Weather: Sunny

A regression of a month and a half. It is nonsensical, but John cannot imagine a reason for The Director to lie to him in such a manner, not even as a joke. This would be about the time a more ordinary person would “freak out”, as the colloquial term goes, so this is yet another of those rare occasions in which John’s abnormality proves a boon. He does feel the beginning of a headache, a sensation like aged gears grinding improperly in his head, and he keeps rubbing his temples to persist in presenting that image. His brain is not as addled as he makes it seem, but currently he finds purpose in projecting this image of feebleness.

Now, how to continue this? Is there a feasible way he could sustain the illusion of familiarity? Is this an acceptable option taking into account the detrimental effects of their realizing the truth? He has no issue telling untruths to others, but fragile lies are more trouble than they are worth. He is not under a compulsion to lie; he will not choose lies when the truth is the better alternative.

Of course, there are still things these people do not need to know…and things John believes prudent not to let these people know.

“I apologize, but I am unfamiliar with a ‘Miss Dot’. Is that a code-name of sorts?” John deigns himself to respond to Special Agent Ferguson before properly regarding The Director once again.

“The crux of the matter is that, while I do have a degree of recognition of where I am, no matter how much I peruse my mind, I do not have any recollection of ever meeting any of you.”

And now, to endure the fallout.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

“I understand,” Lucille says, eyes flickering over something yet nothing at the same time. The fog, ever pervasive, blotted out everything into indistinguishable white, a facsimile of the void of Creation. Vier’s worries, though, are quite reasonable—if the opponent can fly, what can they do—and they need to turn back for Aleen and Tonkori. Leaving the two alone was always a risk, but it was that or abandon the possibility of ever helping Subaru. And now that saving Subaru seemed unlikely, they had to protect what little they could.

“You can navigate back, right? I’m afraid the fog has ruined my sense of direction.”

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Initiative Check!

Anna Vandemeel: 3 VS Netherworld Paper Doll: 3
    Coinflip!
    Anna Vandemeel Wins!

BATTLE START!
    Round 1, Turn 1: Anna Vandemeel

Anna Vandemeel VS Netherworld Paper Dolls (Round 1, Turn 1)
    [BGM]

A roaring flame of destruction.

Suddenly, without any warning, the darkness of the hallway was completely eradicated by an inferno that appeared through the order of the raven-haired girl. Flames licked the ceiling and scorched the corridor, causing the Canadian boy behind Anna curse like a sailor and jump backwards out of pure shock. The serpent-like flame beelined towards the creature of pure darkness, a wolf-like beast that had formed from the man-like silhouette. The walls were signed black and the concrete started to melt momentarily, bubbling thanks to the intense heat that threatened to evaporate the air itself from the hallway.

"GOD FUCKING DAMNIT WHAT THE HELL!?"

Travis's reaction was, in a way, understandable.

The hungry flames appearing out of nowhere were much more of a shock than even the appearance of the nightmarish beast. So, for someone like him, who clearly had no knowledge of the supernatural or the Turnside itself... it must have been an even more absurd continuation of a bad dream that just refused to quit.

But the tall boy wasn't the only one who had reacted.

No, the beast of darkness in staring them down had also flung into action.

"++++++++++++++"

It had flung itself towards the raven-haired girl like a man possessed.

Those great big claws made for rending flesh from bone were hungering for her, but before they came even close to their target, the beast had been swallowed up by the inferno that had emerged from the hands of the witch. Her magical authority set itself over the corridor, and the flames persisted, painting everything with vivid hues of red and orange. The blackness of the nightmare was extinguished in matter of seconds, before the beast could let out nothing more than a scratching screech, a sound too terrible to behold. With just a simple spell, she had destroyed the assailant - burning it to cinders.

The only thing that remained was the last ashen fragments of large, spiritual paper money that was reduced to nothingness.

More of that - the core of these monsters.

---------- Hell Money, as Caleb had called it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “These shades usually hunt in packs. We need to grab what medicine we can and make a beeline for the exit. Fast. How long do you think it will take you to find what you need?”
    Travis cursed again, having been awakened from his stupor by the swift kick to the door and Anna's commanding voice. The delinquent looked at the destruction that had taken over the hallway, the flames that licked the ceiling and blackened the walls, and the ash that remained of the monster that had nearly gotten to them.

"S-shit, what... what the ABSOLUTE FUCKING HELL, SCARECROW!?" The delinquent demanded to know eyes wide from shock. "What was that thing, what did you do, how did those flames------- Oh, fucking hell, this isn't the time!"

... Huh.

Even in a situation like this, he kept a good head on his shoulders.

Somewhat surprising.

"I need five minutes. I won't be able to get everything, of course, but that's the best I can do," Travis answered, glancing at the storage room. "But if things look bad... we're gonna leg it - medicine or not."

He narrowed his eyes in a determined way to the raven-haired, shorter girl before him.

"... I made promise to that dumbass, after all."

And what with that, Travis was off --- heading straight into the storage room to get what he needed.

... Which was good.

After all, Anna's prediction had come true.

It appeared on the same moment as the sprinklers came to life.

There was a screeching sound of an alarm as water fell like heavy, torrential rain from the ceiling, trying to assault the flames that had taken their place in the corridor. And in the middle of that rain, yet another one of these beasts rose from the ground, emerging from the remaining shadows and directing its red eyes towards Anna. They hungered for flesh, they hungered for death...

... And they were not alone.

Because with this one beast that had emerged from nothing itself...

Were 19 more.

[Hit! Netherworld Paper Doll: 10 - 2 = 8 Fire Damage (PHYS Defense)!]
    [Netherworld Paper Doll Dies!]
    [20x Netherworld Paper Dolls have been summoned!]

--> Round 2, Turn 4: ???
    --> Round 2, Turn 5: Anna Vandemeel
    --> Round 2, Turn 6: Netherworld Paper Dolls

New Ability Witnessed!
    Netherworld Paper Doll
    STR: A END: F AGI: C WIL: ? INT: ? EGO: ?

Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 12th, 2020 at 01:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday & Vier Wolff

As it turned out, Vier had enough knowledge about finding her way - even in a ridiculous fog like this - that the two girls made their way back to the dormitory in a good enough time. The further back they headed, the thinner the mist became until eventually they started making out the shapes of the school buildings - first the main building and its looming tower, then the large pool building, and finally, the dormitory itself.

Their current safe haven where Aleen and (hopefully) Tonkori were waiting for them, safe and sound.

Advancing in the same formation as before, with Lucille taking the point and Vier guiding them while keeping an eye out for any threats further away, they made a beeline towards the main entrance of the dormitory. Their silent steps that had hit the wet grass eventually crunched upon the sand and then, the gravel that formed the paths on the campus grounds. The inviting doors came closer and closer and safety felt within arm's reach. Whatever had happened within that fog... whoever they had been chasing... wherever Subaru was right now... those were all questions better thought about when they weren't in a possible danger from every which direction.

And when both Vier and Lucille stepped through the doorway, passing the treshold of the dormitory, they could feel a momentary breath of relief pass by their lips.

At least they were all safe and sound for now...

------------------ Or that had been the hope, until it was mercilessly crushed by what they witnessed.

The corridors were bathed with blood.

The stench of fresh death hung everywhere.

Scattered pieces of flesh were strewn on the floors and in the staircase.

... It was pure, horrifying carnage.

And the reason for this all was all too clear.

Both of the girls, Vier Wolff and Lucille Faraday, had more than few times in the past witnessed such scenery - such wanton cruelty that no human being, no matter how cruel, could match it. It wasn't even an animalistic scene of slaughter, one that came from pure instinct and feral rage that beasts possessed. No, this was the type of sadistic destruction inflicted upon another sentient being that it could only come from a monster with fierce intellect - a demon or a daemon, a mythological opponent of heroes that wanted only pain upon humanity itself. In other words, a supernatural beast from the Turnside that was as wise as those who usually hunted it.

And it had painted its scene of cruelty upon the dormitory that had been, for a week, a warm home for all of them.

--- Scattered blood.

--- Strewn flesh.

--- Powdered bone.

For Vier Wollf, it brought to mind the end results of many, many missions that she had been made to witness... in other words, those that were successess in name only, ones that left the bitter taste of bile in her mouth.

For Lucille Faraday, it brought to mind a certain night, one that ended in the horrifying fate of her dear friend... and that expression of pure terror and agony that was still burnt in her memory like a vivid branding from a white-hot iron.

... But in this case, the culprit was different.

The culprit was new to them both.

But it was still a clear cause of this all... this horrifying fate that had ended the life of Aleen King.

After all, in the midst of all that blood...

Stood a truck-sized monster straight out of a blood-soaked myth.

Blog Entries
    John Dove
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date:
    24.07.1994? (SUN?)
    Weather: Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “The crux of the matter is that, while I do have a degree of recognition of where I am, no matter how much I peruse my mind, I do not have any recollection of ever meeting any of you.”
    Another bout of silence.

Heavy, serious silence as the two agents exchanged worried looks. Meanwhile The Director simply stared a hole through John, as if opening up his head to pick and poke on his brains to see exactly what was going on. Perhaps she was doing a cold-reading of some sort, or trying to decipher whether or not the young man was lying about his predicament. Even though outside the room, the hustle and bustle of a goverment bureau was on full swing, here in the room... it felt almost like the silence of a grave.

And that was not a good thing.

"Dove... did... did she get to you that bad? Remember? You were sent to West Virginia to catch the woman named Dot. 'Ms. Dot F. Loonwaters' as she calls herself," Special Agent Ferguson spoke, his pronouncing measured and cleared as he rose from the sofa. "And in the case you couldn't catch here, you were to gather up all the evidence of her existence. From what we understand she possesses powers we cannot yet explain. Remember? I told you the dream I saw, didn't I? Of how she ate the left side of that little, blonde girl's face? And what happened afterwards?"

While he spoke, Special Agent Ferguson put his hands on John's shoulders and looked the younger man straight in his eyes. It was a silent stare, one that searched any sort of recognition deep within the boy. Eyes that were far smarter than they let on, but also plagued by odd sense of aloofness that John had sensed before. It could also be felt in his words, too - of how Ferguson talked about dreams as if they had been something that could be trusted. Of course, John's recent experiences put dreams in a new light, but still...

... This was a strange man, even for an FBI Agent.

Still... his eyes were almost fascinating to look at.

Like there was an endless boundary of stars within them - filled with almost innocent sense of wonder.

"Dove... where do you think you are right now?" Special Agent Ferguson asked, before suddenly shaking his head. "No... who do you think you are right now?"

It was a good question.

Where was he? The screeching records and songs from the sycamore trees did not let up. Who was he? The little man with the fancy hat laughed and lifted his glass. For John Dove to be in this situation should have been a complete impossibility. He directed his gaze across the table and gave a profound smile to each person who had gathered. He had never been employed by FBI or any other govermental agency. The man with the monocle hummed the tune coming from the stage. He had never known these agents (and much less the Director) who greeted him with clear familiarity. All of their eyes were set upon the newcomer. On this day, on this month, on this year he was definitely somewhere else. The boy with brown hair who sat in the fancy armchair. And the last he had checked, he had also been over a month in the future. He had never been to the lounge before, after all. So what did this all mean? But at the same time, Colt Davin was very welcome there. How had he ended up here? The girl with the flaxen hair, especially, liked his appearance. Just who... was he right now? But then again, she was filled with secrets.

Wait.

What the hell was that?

What was this other scene that---

"Agent Briggs! The lights! They're flickering! Call security, now!" The Director's shout broke through John's trance. "Secure Mister Dove and get me the footage of his arrival! We can't let him go now!"

Everything was going crazy.

The lights of the room wouldn't stop turning on and off.

Almost like a television set in a familiar room somewhere far away---?
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 12th, 2020 at 03:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

She almost breaks. Deep down she knows there was no right option at the time, yet guilt says maybe if she stayed with Aleen the girl would be fine, and it rings in her head like a commandment. The sickness rising from her stomach to the rest of her body is pervasive, overwhelming, but her instincts keep it in check. It is just like back then, down to how her body works but her brain does not.

Aleen could have been saved if her judgment was not flawed.

It is a similar trick—feigning injury, playing dead—she should have never fell for it. She should have behead that beast the moment she saw it. Ground it into a bloody paste, for monsters deserve no mercy and should be wiped off the face of the earth with no trace even left to remember. But she didn’t, and it is her lack of vigilance that deserves to be punished with her blood, not Aleen’s, but reality does not reflect her wishes.

There is nothing she can do but curse the imperfections of being human, of lacking foresight and proper judgment.

No, there’s something else. Definitely something else.

Lucille Faraday is an existence born to kill monsters. And it is her duty to slay any beast in her path.

“Saint Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle,
    be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil;
    may God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
    by the power of God, cast into hell
    Satan and all the evil spirits
    who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls.
    Amen.”

The prayer escapes her lips, familiar and practiced. Words are a shield, and her fragile heart is bolstered by blind conviction. Lucille can weep later.

Passing up an opportunity for vengeance would be an unforgivable sin.

-----

HP: 21/24
    MP: 37/45 -> 21/45
    Cast: Divine Bulwark × 2

Blog Entries
    Vivienne Bianchi

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "... maybe... some people went to the sheriff's station? If... trouble everywhere... then without doubt... someone must be there? Unless... you don't want to go there either?"
    The two boys looked at each other, both with unknown emotions playing across their faces. They were expression that both doubted this suggestion, but when they tried to wrack their minds for an alternative - any alternative that would have made sense... they came up short. After all, Vivienne's suggestion was logical. If there was trouble in town, probably the safest place (at least of the ones that the students knew) must have been the sheriff's station.

Of course, it meant dealing with local law enforcement, but then again...

"... Fine. As much as I don't wanna deal with those dumbasses, it's better than other choices right now," Hwan replied eventually. "Well, other than just booking and getting the fuck outta dodge, and that option---"

He left that sentence unfinished, though he didn't need to finish it. The meaning spoke for itself.

Travis, though, snorted upon hearing this.

"--- Yeah. That option ain't for us right now, right? Though I need to hear some details when we get to the cops," the delinquent said, shrugging his shoulders. "Anyways, that seems fine with me. So... let's get going. The longer we stand 'round here, the more we're risking our necks."

Hwan, hearing that, smirked at the two others.

"Sounds 'bout right. We're like sitting ducks here. So, let's get going and---"

Firm, undeniable words cut through the conversation and changed the atmosphere of the moment completely, and without warning.

The words were spoken by a voice that Vivienne had never heard before... and what's more, it came from behind her - from the direction she had come from. Immediately, myriad alarm bells started ringing in the girl's head. She had been keeping a close watch on the surroundings, and thus, nobody should have gotten a drop on her. In addition, along with the voice came the sound of footfalls that didn't even try to be silent. A person who approached the trio like this... they should have never surprised her - and most likely neither of the boys.

But they did.

The voice caught them all unawares.

Almost as if this person...

... Had just appeared out of nowhere.

"I finally caught up to you. Well, it's tough when you drop off the grid like that. Still, here we are. Running was never really an option," the voice continued, it's smooth and deep tones sending a chill down the spines of those present. "Simply, you made my job tough. Thanks for that. Allow me to return the favour."

Eyes turned to look.

The person who now approached them, still 15 meters from the trio, was unmistakable with the forest as his backdrop.

He clearly did not fit this scenario.

And even more than that...

--- He reeked of danger.

"So then... in which order will I do this?" the older man asked, his cold eyes gazing at the youngsters. "Any suggestions?"

This was bad.

The man's calculated coldness... even Vivienne could feel it. It was the kind of pragmatism similar yet far removed from her. In other words, while her emotionless state came from situation out of her control...

... His came from choice.

New Being Met!

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

The little whispers in the back of my head that kept coming up with the worst case scenario had a hint of truth to them. I knew that I was a pessimist at heart and that optimism got me nowhere in life. But for the most part, it was just that pessimism. Now if only the scene in front of me was just pessimism.

In front of me wasn’t a fretting Aleen doing her best to bandage an injured Tonkori. No, instead I saw pure raw carnage in front of me. It made me realize once again why I hated the Turnside and its related events. It sucked in people without choice and only a few of those people came back alive. It angered me. If Aleen King was indeed the ‘idiot’ that I was meant to watch over, I can imagine that ‘I’ would’ve ran at the beast in front of me. But I don’t know nor will I ever know now that she’s dead. All I can do now is ensure that Lucille and I don’t die as well.

“Here goes nothing.”

Instead of pulling out my gun like people would expect, I ran towards the enlarged dog. I was a killer of my own kind so one would believe that it would get me killed. But I wasn’t a normal gunman, I was a trained ESPer from the 410th Fireteam. While I cannot kill such creatures without preparation, I didn’t need to kill them here. All I needed to do was weaken until Lucille killed it.

Vier Wolff is heading towards the White Dog to use her Editing Memories ESP.

Vier Wolff

Stats
    STR ?
    WIL ?
    END ?
    INT A
    AGI B
    EGO ?

Equipment

Gun (?)

• A gun of some kind? Can't really get a good look at it from below. All you can tell is that it's not a pistol.

Guitar Case
    • Currently holding something? A weapon? More supplies?

Vier's ESP
    Editing Memories ? Allows Vier to edit memories. This can go from muscle memories to a mental memory. In the case of muscle memory, it would cause a person to suddenly gain or lose their body’s familiarity with an action or object. For mental memories, they will remember the false or editted memory as if it was a real memory.

Last edited by Kuroyuki; February 12th, 2020 at 07:37 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

This was it, I thought to myself. I was starting to feel hopeful - starting to see the end of this horrible day. I was convinced that it would work...It had to work, if someone, then Pyry would have the power to beat anyone. And then surely Gradient would show up too, and we could leave this damned forest, go back to the dorms, close the door, and not care one bit about this at all...To be able to rest, and try to get over what happened. To try and forget, if it was possible in the first place.

But...Just moments later, this future seemed to become completely out of reach. The moment I heard that other thing, and saw the first ray of that bright light, I knew. Suddenly, all those hopes were crushed…

And...then, as that sudden, blinding light went out…

My knees buckled.

Pyry was nowhere.

Suddenly breathing felt hard, almost as if the ray of light just drained away all the air around it as well.

He was wiped out of existence. Obliterated, turned into absolutely nothing, just like that.

I collapsed onto my knees, and the world started becoming blurry as my tears started flowing uncontrollably.

A scene too familiar. One that I’ve sworn to not let happen ever again, feelings that felt so close to my existence yet I never wanted to feel again…

At least I had enough presence to try and stay hidden. To not let my sobbing and screams reach every corner of the forest.

How many times can my soul be crushed like this? How broken, how far beyond repair can I get...Why must everything be taken away from me, just when my heart finally starts mending, when I thought I could finally reach out and find happiness…

My hand shaking, I reach to my waist and loosen my sheath, only to pull out and try to get a firm grasp on my dagger.

But all I bring is misery and suffering. People die because of me, they die for my sake, to protect me...And then I’m left behind, helpless, completely devastated...All because I’m weak. Weak and useless, no matter how many times I tell myself that I will never let it happen again, I always mess things up…

Just how much burden can I carry? How many deaths can I tie to my name before I break completely?

I raised the dagger, slowly, because finally, it would get to serve its purpose…

I should have seen it through to the end the first time.

I should have ended it all back then. I would have been right to do so.

If I died back then...If I never even existed, then Angelica, Pyry...Mom and dad, they would all be fine, they wouldn’t have had to pay the price for my own miserable life…

I pushed the tip of the dagger to the side of my neck.

It was funny, in a morbid sense. How I already looked this up. How I already considered doing this many times, how I debated over where exactly I should push the dagger.

I guess that knowledge will finally pay off.

I could feel it pierce my skin, as my blood started dripping, it hurt, but I didn’t mind.

This is the end.

Finally.
    Last edited by Cheetose; February 13th, 2020 at 03:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Initiative Check!

A-gyoh of Retaruseta: 5 VS Vier Wolff: 4 VS Lucille Faraday: 2

BATTLE START!
    Round 1, Turn 1: A-gyoh of Retaruseta

Lucille Faraday VS Vier Wolff VS
    A-gyoh (Round 1, Turn 1)
    [BGM]

Immediately, battle-instincts flared up. Flames of fury were fanned by rage for a fallen friend. Hands reached for weapons and supernatural abilities roared as an immediate reaction to the monster, to the threat that now stood before them. While Lucille started recreating the miracle of the Lord to shield herself, wrap herself in that holy bulwark to repel the fangs and claws of the foreign beast, Vier charged forward - attempting to reach the creature in time to take away it's movement. In other words, she wanted to tie it down and to make sure it wouldn't be able to cause more harm than it already had - more death than it had already sown.

Unfortunately.

By the time those things happened.

------------ The beast was already landing its first attack.

The humongous beast let out an inhuman roar of rage that no mere denizen of the Turnside could have matched - this was a roar of a true monster, one spoken of in fairy tales. At the same time it sped up into a ridiculously fast sprint, one that turned its already oversized body into a red-and-white blur that rammed straight towards Vier who had taken her first steps towards the creature. As it charged forth, the creature simply blew through a wall that stood in its way, destroying part of a nearby room in the process. Rubble and ruin flew everywhere, the debris creating a large cloud of dust that obscured the vision for a moment.

And then the cloud was gone.

It was sucked up by the air-current that was created when the beast rammed into Vier and drove her through the outer wall of the dormitory, straight back into the campus grounds.

"-------------------!"

Again the beast roared, no, screamed out in bestial fury.

Those humongous fangs closed in around Vier's midsection and tore apart at her clothes, her armor, her flesh. Vivid colours of scarlet were spread everywhere as blood flowed, and once more on this tragic day, the grass of Pinefall High was painted red. But that wasn't enough, no - in the same hurried span of a second, the beast struck down with its paw, the claws tearing open Vier's shoulder and causing white-hot pain to shoot through her body.

It was fast - way too fast.

It moved like a hurricane - nothing could stop it and it stopped for no one.

A whirlwind of claw and fang... a mythical beast that looked upon the two girls with nothing but hatred in its eyes.

What was this creature?

Was this... was this truly the dog that they had seen before?

The tiny Akita puppy that had been so loving and friendly to everyone he met?

If so...

----------- Just what had happened?

[Hit! Shove Success! Vier Wolff pushed back 6 meters!]
    [Vier Wolff takes 3 environmental damage!]
    [A-gyoh takes 3 environmental damage!]
    [Hit! Vier Wolff: 10 - 3 = 7 Supernatural PHYS Damage (Modern PHYS Defense)!]
    [Hit! Vier Wolff: 10 - 3 = 7 Supernatural PHYS Damage (Modern PHYS Defense)!]
    [Injury! Vier Wolff - Torn Shoulder: ACC reduced by 1 until healed!]

--> Round 1, Turn 2: Vier Wolff
    --> Round 1, Turn 3: Lucille Faraday

New Ability Witnessed!
    A-Gyoh of Retaruseta
    STR: B END: ? AGI: A WIL: ? INT: ? EGO: ?

Elise Pelltier

Every step hurt. She wasn't sure if it was on account of her injuries, or the thought of leaving the others behind in her stead. Hisa was smart and capable, and Pyry, well, she knew first hand just how strong Pyry was in his current state. They'd be fine. Elise had to believe that they would be fine without her.

As she reached the edge of the clearing, there was a sudden bright burst of light behind her. She spun around, just in time to catch the Mad Colossus, Pyry's armoured form, be engulfed in light. The light faded, leaving no trace of Pyry behind. Even the clearing, once stained red with the Dew of the Heavens was clean, the last of it having turned to mist and rushed to bolster Pyry's regeneration against the laser barrage to no avail. The only remaining evidence that Pyry had even ever been there was the trail of destruction through the forest.

Pyry...

Elise blinked in an effort to clear both the tears welling in her eyes, and the afterimage of Pyry's destruction still burning in her retinas. As her vision cleared, their tormentor finally revealed itself, floating through the forest, clad in a garish, roughly stitched blue quilt-like robe.

Pyry was stronger and faster than I am... even at my best, I don't think I'd have a chance to taking this thing head on... Never mind like this.

She considered her options. The thing in the ragged cloak didn't seem to be paying attention to her, or at least, it had yet to acknowledge her presence. Hisa was well hidden, and seemed to be quite comfortable at sneaking around in the forest. There was still a chance they both might just be able to slip away if they were lucky. Or, maybe, at least one of them might have a chance to escape this trap.

She looked to the space previously occupied by Pyry and felt pain grip her heart. They'd come all this way to help him only... only for it to end like that.

I can only imagine how Hisa must feel right now... thought Elise as recalled the concern for Pyry that had driven Hisa from the moment they received Pyry's message when they'd arrived at the dormitory with Lucille and Aleen.

Elise scanned the forest, and spotted Hisa, having fallen to her knees and holding her dagger to her own throat. Elise's eyes widened as panic and dread rushed through her. Only hours ago, she'd held a dagger at her own throat at Hisa's command. Not that she recalled doing so, she only had second hand accounts of the event from the demon and Hisa, but she remembered all too well the moment the demon informed her of Hisa's threat to have her slit her own throat while she was trapped in her own mind, and, in that moment, how much she'd fervently hoped Hisa would carry out her threat. She fought back the memory with a shudder, even as an intrusive thought wondered if it was the same dagger that she'd held to her own throat that Hisa now held to her own.

"Hisa!!!" cried Elise.

All thoughts of the quilt cloaked thing floating nearby were driven from her mind as Elise raced towards Hisa. She barely made it back across the once bloodstained clearing before her body reached its limits, with a seemingly vast distance between herself and Hisa still remaining. She cursed her broken body. She cursed the cruelty of the trap they'd fallen into. She cursed that she was once again looking on helplessly as a friend died.

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi & Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Hisa!!!"
    Oh, right, she was here too.

The plain-looking dame.

Wow, just look at her go, desperately hopping over here despite that brute crushing her ribcage just moments ago. Honestly, I'd be impressed and even willing to applaud her if I wasn't here to kill them all. Ah well, that's the story of all the bad guys in every tale. But still... wow, that's a lot of blood. Hell, there's been a ridiculous amount of blood spilled today. All gushing about like this was an 80's exploitation film. That or that one vampire film based on a video game that was so bad it made me want to puke... urgh, never mind. Focus, Ultra, focus. This isn't the time to get distracted by ridiculous shit.

--- This is the time to be the worst nightmare these two have ever faced.

I float closer, trying to follow the gaze of Elise with my eyes... but damn if I can see where Hisa is hiding. She certainly does. Never figured the bacon-face for a stealth-focused build. Oh well, live and learn. Mental note, invest more in Perception next time, or it's gonna be a moronic game of cat and mouse when the next Solid Snake pops up. Can hardly be intimidation beyond belief when I can't even see the damn things. Well then... here I am. Five meters closer. I'm coming over to meet the frumpette, floating and glowing in iridescent like the worst Disco fever dream she's ever had.

Hope Elise has a radiation resistance.

I might have given her cancer already.

----- Snrk.

Well, time to be serious.

I glare down at Elise from within my awesome and not-at-all gaudy attire, and open my mouth.

Time for the scary voice again~

I direct my attention straight at the brunette.

The full brunt of my massive presence.

The mana that my spells have gathered soaks up the air and concentrated around Elise, ready to suffocate her.

At the same time, my receptors and mana matrixes fire up, and for a moment, I'm filled with power. I had used a bit too much taking care of that musclebound moron (good thing I did, he's as serious trouble as that meteor or the mind control) and needed a moment to recover, but luckily, they didn't think to take advantage of that. Well, who knows how much that would have helped them in the long run.

Argh, focus, Ultra!

It's time to be the absolute, most horrible, frickin' despicable person and the clearest and most utter terror these two have ever met.

Make them soil themselves and feel absolute despair as they look upon my form, now bathing the forest with rainbow light.

Time for the ominous pre-battle line.

----------- And so, I throw my full presence - as big as the sun - against Elise, to the point I make her almost fall to her rump.

And since everybody is expecting it...

Initiative Check!
    Me: ∞̴̨̧̛̙̥̮̜̗̯̯̰̪ͦ̔̊̿͛∞̷̴̝̬͉̹̦̳̼̮͍̹̌̅͂̉ͪͨͧͯ̈͂̑ͅ∞ͦ͛́̍̚ ̵̱̝̝̠ͬͅ∞̷̧̢̱͉̰̒̇́ͥ̾̒͂̆̀͝ VS Hisa Momoi: 3 VS Elise Pelltier: 2

BATTLE START!
    Round 1, Turn 1: Me

Hisa Momoi VS Elise Pelltier VS Me (Round 1, Turn 1)
    [BGM]

You feel your death catching up to you...

Check This Out!
    Me
    STR: ∞̛ͤ̽̈́ͫ͗͌ͫ̅̑ͫ̈̆̾ͫͬ̊͟͝͏̳̙̼͎̼̝̳̬͉̮͔͕̗̠͓̰̼∞ͩͪ͆̈́ͩ̓͋̈́̿̒̚ ̵̘͍̦̘̭̘͕̰̪̋ͪ͝͝∞̷̥̤͎̼͉̰̬͚̟̩̦̼̹̀ͬͮͭ̈̉͊̎̐̇̂̋̚̚͜͜͝ ̰͉̤ END: ∞̶̼̜͚̳͉̍͛̅̒̆́ͭ̊̍͑̆̂̌̓ͫͨ̇̈́͌́͝∞̡̡̹͈̟̞͉̗̩͙̟͗͐ͦ̈́̆͊̉̓ͭ∞ ̸̷̢̢͉̦͙̫͙̣̘̪̲̭̹̬̫̗̰̠͖͐͊̊̐̈́̌ͬ AGI: ∞̶̨̨̬̯̞̹̟̰͎̳͖̩̪͐͌̔ͧͧ̐̿̈́̿͑͆͊̐ͥ̈́͘͝∞̷͔̱̪̤̟̩̹͕̪̌̓̋ͪ́͠∞ ̸̛̰͇̫̫͚̜̞̟́ͪ͛̑̊͂͑ͮ WIL: ∞̹̰̙͔͇̤̣͖̮̮̮̞͕̖̭̙͍͌̐̀̔ͤ̓̔͗̇͒̿̈̈͗ͮ͊͌̅ͪ͟∞̋̀̓ͩ̿̅̓̾ͥ̇͏ ̠̰̭͓͈̭̙͕̹͈̜͡∞̤̰̗͖̯͉̱̳̦͕͈̿͂͆̿͆̑ͮ̒̽̀̀͐̈͘͝ INT: ∞̴̤̼̜̹̭͉̳̘͖̟̟̼͚̻̖̣̰͚͈̄ͥ͂͌̏͆ͯ̀ͩͧͤ͛͛̈́ͥͬ͗̽̚͘∞͋͛̌̍ͧ̉̈́̽ ̰̺̗̦̘̬͉̬̞̝̑ͭ̔ͥͫ̎̈́͘͟͡∞ͣ̿͊ͧ̋ͤ̒̍̈҉͏̙̙̹͇̠̝̫̼̜̠ͅ EGO: ∞̡ͣͬ̈҉̤̗̣̦̮̬̮∞̴̽ͨ̈͐ͭ̆̾̍͊ͬ͒̌҉̦͓̣̯̬͔̞͈̪̳͕∞ͥ̅̃ͮ̎ͭ̾͑͠҉ ͏̫̹̟̯͎̗̥̯̼͕͎͟

Spells:

Mana Fission (?)
    E
    Element:
    Light
    Mana Cost:
    ???
    Doubles the spell that is cast next. Further information pending...

235 Bombardment (?)
    E
    Element:
    Nuclear
    Mana Cost:
    ???
    Launches 10 magical missiles towards an enemy that each deal 1 Nuclear Element damage upon hit. Further information pending...
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 15th, 2020 at 05:43 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

I close my eyes...finally, to accept the cold, dark embrace of death...It’s close now, I can feel it, as the sharp steel digs deeper into my flesh…

I wonder...What happens after I die? Is there an afterlife? Maybe...I can see them again? In a place where I won’t have to worry about anything again, where my suffering cannot follow me…

I just want to see them again...To tell them---

But my thoughts are interrupted by something, a cry that breaks the momentarily silence of the forest, the voice of Elise that now rings in my ears.

“Elise…” I mutter as I pull the dagger back and turn my head to look at the girl, who, even with her injuries, was dragging herself this way, towards us, towards this thing that was clearly way stronger than all of us…

She could have tried to escape, to crawl into the forest and hide…

So why…?

Why is she coming this way?

My heart pains even more, if that was even possible, since I knew that Elise’s death was going to be my fault as well. I’ve barely even talked to her, she probably wasn’t too familiar with Pyry either, yet she was dragged into this, she was so helpful, and yet...now she has to suffer, to witness me take my own life away, and then die herself?

I’m the worst…

I shift my grip on my dagger, watch for a moment as my blood drips onto the leaves on the ground. Only now I realize how much it stings, and how I can feel as the blood keeps flowing down my neck.

A few more seconds and it would have been over.

But...I don’t deserve such an end now.

Did I ever?

I deserve suffering. I deserve the worst death, because I caused so many others to die.

As some of my strength returned to my body, I changed my stance - setting up for a running start, still hidden behind the trees and shadows, so that I could close the distance as quickly as possible. I had to be fast, because if he knows, if he can react…

Well...not that it matters what I do, even if I can hit him, I’m weak, far too weak to even have a chance against something like this. I’m going to die, here and now, no matter what, but at the very least I will die together with Elise…

Propelling myself forward, I start running towards the thing.

It comes surprisingly easily. My body isn’t even trying to resist against jumping straight into my death.

My mind focuses on the thing as I approach - something that happens pretty much naturally at this point, but it’s not even really catching something. Just a strange noise, something that I can’t quite put anywhere…

I close the distance between us - that was already pretty short to begin with - in just a few moments. It didn’t seem to realize, its focus is still on Elise, as if it was trying to erase her with just its existence…

Either it didn’t notice me, or just doesn’t even care at all…

Slashing at its cloak with my dagger, I try to make the longest cut possible, while maneuvering myself towards its back with a spin - only to then reach out with my other hand, towards where its head should be, and as I feel my palm touching it…

I channel the last of my reserves into one final attempt.

Probably the last time I’ll ever get to use its ability.

Perhaps for the better, considering how it’s been more of a curse.

I don’t feel an immediate response - something that already tells me that it didn’t work, but as I was still in my momentum, I wouldn’t let go. Slipping my hand a little lower, I try to hold onto its head, while pushing my dagger into its cloak around the shoulder - clinging to it, with all my strength, but for what reason, or what I was trying to achieve at this point, I didn’t know.

I was sure that it wouldn’t stop it in any way.

Maybe I’ll be evaporated, just like Pyry.

At least that way there wouldn’t be a rotting corpse left behind.

Hisa Momoi
    STR : E

AGI :
    C

END :
    ?

WIL :
    ?

INT :
    B

EGO :
    ?

Abilities :

Marionette
    Cost : 3 OP
    Element : Soul

If the target's INT defense is lower than 11, take complete control over their mind indefinitely. The target's consciousness fades out for 1 turns, leaving them unable to resist in any way whatsoever. Afterwards, they start regaining their consciousness and can sense what is happening around them. From here on, at the start of each turn they roll a D10 against their (WIL defense +4) and if the result is lower, they manage to break out of the control. While controlled, the target has their mental resistances halved but keep every other stat unchanged. Outside of combat, turns are replaced with hours. If applied by touch, increase the minimum INT defense needed to resist it by 1, and increase the number of blackout turns by 1. [Further details unknown]

Weapons :

Light, Classical Dagger (1 Damage). A very light dagger with a decorated handle and a slightly oversized blade made out of a dark, matte steel. While seemingly special, it's still just a simple dagger - nevertheless, it's still a treasured item that Hisa takes good care of.
    Last edited by Cheetose; February 15th, 2020 at 07:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday AND Vier Wolff VS A-gyoh (Round 1, Turn 2)

We both went to do our assigned jobs. Lucille Faraday was preparing herself to kill the Turnside as one of God’s Chosen if I had to guess based off of her declaration of Saint Michael. Here I was running towards it in order to weaken it slightly. Both of us were going to fulfill our appropriate roles. On paper, a pretty 7 out of 10 haphazard plan on engaging an unknown beast from the Turnside. If I was given appropriate equipment or we had some warning to this, it might have been a 8.

Before I could even preemptively give will to my ESP, I heard a roar of rage before I saw a red-and-white blur slam into me. I knew that there was a chance of me being outsped by something even more inhumanely faster than me, but I expected them to knock me over before attacking. I certainly didn’t expect it to run me through the wall, knock the breath out of me, and then attack me while I was down.

From Lucille Faraday’s point of view, it must have been horrifying. First, she comes back from a fruitless search and rescue to find Aleen dead. Then her partner gets sent through a wall and can be heard temporarily wheezing from the air being knocked out of me. Before finally seeing the red-and-white beast biting into my midsection, tearing up my intestines, and finally biting into my shooting shoulder. A normal person would be dead by now.

Call it years of fighting, the adrenaline, or just my refusal to die. But the first thing, I did upon getting my breath back again and sorting out my injuries was to spit blood at its fucking face. Once it reacted to my petty provocation, I willed my ESP into existence. The first usage was the erasure of its familiarity of its legs. That should hamper its agility and any of its paw attacks. The second usage was in order to tamper with its sight and make it see nothing.

Earlier, I had to get into range. Now, I need to get out of its range so I rolled underneath its body and towards Lucille Faraday. After I was out from underneath its body, I could feel my Od drain from my body signalling that both uses were done. Once I was sufficiently away, I rolled back up to my feet. Halfway dead, but I still managed to do my side of the plan. My Turnside Exorcist behind me and within a close enough distance to hopefully save me from a bloody demise by this dog. I give Lucille Faraday a quick signal to let her know ‘it’s all you now.’

Vier Wolff
    Stats
    HP 7/24
    STR D
    WIL ?
    END D
    INT A
    AGI B
    EGO ?

Equipment

Gun (?)

• A gun of some kind? Can't really get a good look at it from below. All you can tell is that it's not a pistol.

Guitar Case

• Currently holding something? A weapon? More supplies?

Vier's ESP
    Editing Memories ? Allows Vier to edit memories. This can go from muscle memories to a mental memory. In the case of muscle memory, it would cause a person to suddenly gain or lose their body’s familiarity with an action or object. For mental memories, they will remember the false or editted memory as if it was a real memory.
    Manipulation of Sight ? Commonly used ESP by Vier. This ESP allows her to feint out her foes or disengage at will by manipulating their sight. It can be anything from seeing multiple new objects in field of view, blinding, or even not spotting Vier.

Range 6 meters, 1 target. If the target has an INT defense of 8 or lower, can be used to manipulate their sight for 3 Turns. This includes creating illusions, making them blind for the duration or cloaking Vier herself.

Last edited by Kuroyuki; February 17th, 2020 at 04:13 PM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

Date: 11.09.1994 (SAT)

Phase
    :
    Evening Phase
    ---

If this man's foreboding words didn't make his intentions transparent enough, then his very nature as someone part of the supernatural should make the inherently dangerous nature of the current situation crystal clear. Hwan would pick up on it, and even if he was no stranger to it, someone who was a 'delinquent' like Travis must've understood what was going on.

"...! He is... another one of these people... are you... like the King of Currumpaw too? Made to... clean up... messes and intrusions? Why... are you doing this?"

Vivienne asked the man as she made sure to keep her distance from this man. However, it was also possible that he was not alone... Thus she had to keep a sharp eye for someone else trying to sneak up on the trio while the man had made his appearance and captured their attention...

... yet that didn't seem to be the case.

But no matter what the result of this scrutiny was, there was no doubt that a conflict was possibly about to happen in the very next seconds. Hwan's explosive temperament may be the spark that ignites this battle ablaze... or the man could attack before the trio could do anything -- but he was kind enough to make his presence known. Did he know who he was dealing with really, or was he just assuming that these were three ordinary students? Most likely the first...

They would find out soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

With the red-gold flames still circling around her form like a hungry hound, Anna gave a passing glance to Travis, her features bathed in the orange glow of the blaze. Her Canadian classmate would be an issue that she would have to deal with at some point. Dragging the uninitiated down into the muck of the Turnside never ended up well. There were three main ways of dealing with any witnesses to the warped common sense of the supernatural that were endorsed by the Six Schools.

Erase their memories. Warp their understanding so that they’ll believe that the event wasn’t supernatural at all. Or eliminate the witness altogether.

Tch.” The Estonian girl clicked her tongue - a clear sign of her frustration. “I hate this crap. Never had to deal with any of this cloak and dagger shit back home.”

Anna patted her coat pockets, looking for her box of toothpicks, as a wave of irritation washed over her. The battlefields she had grown up on were nothing like this damn hospital, nor this halfassed village for that matter. Forests, plains, meadows, bogs - empty wilderness tens of kilometers away from habitation that no ordinary person would ever stumble upon by accident. And that was just when she had been in Estonia.

The chances of anyone uninvolved with the Turnside stumbling into the Orloj or
    Glass Palace
    Klaaspalee
    was about as likely as stepping out of your door and ending up on the surface of the Moon.

Well, there was one more way to deal with the situation, but…

“In any case, I suppose that will have to be put on hold for the time being...”

Anna’s ruby eyes turned back towards the hallway just when the click of the sprinklers above filled the hallway with a dense downpour. And then, they came. These beastlike shades, their black forms rippling and gaining definition as they seemingly rose from the ground itself while water and fire clashed around them in a raging battle.

“Well, what do you know...I seem to have pulled quite the welcoming committee here.” A lazy grin flickered on Anna’s lips, as a dangerous glint flickered in her ruby eyes. “All this attention can make a girl blush, y’know?”

These shades were most likely some type of combat familiar or, perhaps more likely, a summoned beast. It was based on some type of magical foundation derived from the Orient, that much was certain at least. A heritage associated with Buddhism or Daoism, perhaps. The hell on these types of notes usually referred to Diyu - the realm of the dead or “hell” in Chinese mythology. If she had to hazard a guess, the underlying magical structure here would fall under either conjuration or necromancy. Most likely the latter, considering the spiritual significance of the notes that served as the structural cores for these living shadows.

It could also be that the netherworld shades were crafted from the souls of the recently dead. It would be an explanation as to why they hadn’t actually run into any staff, at least.

They had simply been killed and turned into these “puppets” in front of her.

Well, either way, while tragic, it wouldn’t really change the reality of the situation. Nor what she had to do.

The red-jacketed witch let out a wry sigh, as she ran her slim fingers through her raven locks and calmly walked towards the shadows in front of her. There were now more than a dozen of them in front of her and more were emerging further down the hallway. Despite the sprinklers filling the hallway with what could only be described as a torrential downpour, not a droplet fell on her, the water instantly vaporized by flames that now wrapped themselves around her in an almost defensive manner.

“I must admit, you guys are a bit less exciting than the people I usually tend to dance with.” Anna’s eyes fell on the shades, which now numbered almost two dozen. “But well, these types of group dances are also something…”

In an instant, Anna accelerated, her walk morphing into a full sprint in a single step.

“...of a specialty back home!”

A flick of her fingers sent a droplet of scarlet flying into the air.

In an instant, the very air around Anna shimmered with raw numen, as the very color seemed to seep out of the very world itself. A spherical pulse of dense magical energy shot forth from her fingers, suddenly coating everything around her in a monochrome hue of utmost melancholy.

Everything the monochrome touched broke in a way that could not be fixed. Rotted. Vanished. The paint on the walls that was still bubbling from the heat of the flames suddenly flaked and started dropping towards the ground, only to rot away into nothingness before even touching the ground itself. The monsoon-like torrent that seemed to fall like a curtain from above vanished the moment it touched the colorless sphere, the water itself decaying into nothingness. The roaring fires flickered out in its passing and the linoleum floor curled and peeled itself off the floor before falling apart like a handful of dust.

Even the very concrete walls of the hospital hallway itself were being ground to powder under the incredible density of negative numen being discharged.

After all, the capacity to curse someone was one of the fundamental tenets of being a witch. To curse the very world itself was simply the next logical step, right?

And so, wrapped in her bubble of monochrome, Anna Vandemeel dove head-first into the mass of shades in front of her.

New Ability Revealed!

Varjude mäng
    Element: Decay
    Mana Cost: ???
    Color:
    Red (Destruction)

A short range offensive spell that leverages Anna’s supernatural heritage, especially the more modern aspects of it, to release a pulse of destructive energy around her. Can be considered to be a “defensive” spell of sorts, but only in the most basic sense that it can “defeat incoming attacks”. Upon casting, a pulse of elemental decay is released from Anna which then attempts to destroy everything in the area by attempting to bring forth the natural “end point” of all objects, phenomena, and individuals in the area.

Individuals and the environment in extremely close proximity to the caster (melee range) are dealt damage, as the spell attempt to rot away the very flesh on their skin. Any close-ranged attacks aimed at the caster are sapped of their strength, unless their effective power surpasses the power of the spell. Other attacks, both physical and supernatural, are also subjected to the spell, which aims to forcibly impose an “end point” to them (in essence forcing them to overcome the “damage” of the spell to actualize their effect). This causes spells and other supernatural abilities to fizzle out, while bullets or and other physical projectiles drop to drop to the ground mid-flight.

A spell that is more efficient at dealing with a large number of more numerous attacks, than with singular powerful attacks that surpass its “threshold”. In such cases, Varjude mäng is only capable of somewhat reducing incoming damage rather than directly blocking it. The actual physical conduit required for manifesting for this specific spell is Anna’s blood itself, which is usually produced by a small cut that the Estonian mage makes on her right middle finger using her thumb. After the activation of the spell, the blood used for the activation is decayed into nothingness (although the cut remains, allowing the spell to be recast if neccessary).

[Varjude mäng: Hits an area of a sphere, 3 meters in radius, focusing around you. Those within melee range suffer 7 Decay damage against their EGO defense. Until the start of Anna's next Turn, all attacks that deal 7 damage or less are canceled thanks to them decaying away. Those that surpass this damage still have their overall damage caused reduced by 7. Additional information pending...]
    Last edited by Mellon; February 18th, 2020 at 07:53 PM.

Elise Pelltier

Elise let a wave of relief wash through her as Hisa turned her dagger away from herself. Elise's relief, however, was soon replaced by a renewed sense of dread. While she'd forgotten about the thing in the garish blue quilt-like robes while she was focused on Hisa, she'd just helped to remind it of her own presence. She felt the full brunt of the thing's attention focus on her. She felt the air around her thicken, making harder to breath than it already was for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    It wasn't wrong. She'd blundered out and exposed her position, but if she hadn't done that, she had no doubt that Hisa would've died then.

"Who the hell are you? What do you want?" demanded Elise with tears still streaming down her face, "Why are you doing this?"

She could hardly claim to have saved Hisa's life. Not while they were still in this thing's presence. She was nearly out of power, and surely Hisa was too even as she turned her dagger against their tormentor. Elise's injuries left her barely able to stand, let alone fight effectively. There was that sickening feeling in the pit of her stomach that all she'd done was doom Hisa to die a more painful death. Herself too, for that matter. Still, as long as they were still breathing, there was still a chance, no matter how small it might be. She had one last card to play, although she was loath to let it leave her hand, it seemed like her best bet.

I wouldn't have a chance against this thing at my best, so let's see what I can do at my worst, thought Elise as she called upon the power the demon lent her.

She felt the rush of power, like a river flowing through her veins. It helped to wash away the fear, to ease the pain that wracked her body, but it did nothing to buttress her against the thing's awful presence. Like a lake to an ocean. Or, possibly, a puddle to the sea. Still, it was exhilarating to coax some small part of nature to her command. Unfortunately, she didn't have access to the entire contents of the Pinefall High Swimming Pool like the demon did earlier that day, and the ocean was so far away. Not that it mattered, she couldn't have hoped to have moved that quantity of water with the same volume or speed as the demon did. All she had was the two bottles of water sitting in her backpack. Comparatively, it wasn't much, but it only took two inches of water to drown. Almost two litres would be plenty for the job.

It knows my name. Did it hear it while it was listening in on us when we tried to help Pyry? Or is it someone who knows me hiding under that blanket? A bit of a disturbing to think that might be a classmate under there.

Still. It doesn't matter. It set this trap with Pyry as bait. It lured us out here just to torment us. It killed Pyry. It drove Hisa to despair. It's made its hostile and evil intent clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The cloaked thing sent its full presence against her. Its words alone nearly knocked her over. The forest shone brightly with its bright, radiant light.

Yeah? Well neither are you.

She pulled on the right strap of her backpack with her still functional arm, shrugged the backpack off, and let it fall to the ground behind her. The water bottles and first aid kit clunked against each other, but the sound was largely muffled by the sandwiches and her jacket. Not unlike her left arm, her backpack was nothing but dead weight at the moment, but it was nice to think that it might be useful again later.

It would be rather difficult to keep water in a bottle if water knew what it was doing. Getting out of the plastic bottle was easy, a little pressure and the lid popped right off. Getting the lid off the metal bottle was always a little tricky, it needed just the right turn. Elise felt a brief pang of guilt for using her holy water in this manner, but needs must. The water soaked through the fabric of her backpack, and then streamed away, keeping to the underbrush and hopefully remaining undetected by the glowing thing in the quilt-like robes as it flowed towards it, seeking it out.

---------
    Elise used Control Water, emptied her water bottles and advanced their contents towards the thing in the quilt-like robes!

Elise Pelltier
    ATTRIBUTES
    STR ??
    END ??
    AGI D
    WIL ??
    INT ??
    EGO ??

HP: 1/35
    Injuries: Fractured Body: Must choose between Ability Action, Attack Action or Movement per turn. Cannot move and take an Action during the same Turn. In addition, loss of left arm.

PERKS
    [Inquisitor]
    Cost: Granted by Background
    Restrictions: Church Origin, Catholic Church
    As an inquisitor of the Catholic Church, your job is to destroy the heretical mystics of the world and any other threat that might threaten normal populace. You are an executor of the wicked, an assassin in service of the holy and enemy of everything evil. When you take this Perk, increase your STR by 1 Rank. In addition, you are given access to unique C-Rank Arc-Relic: Der Nagel. It is a mass-produced Arma Christi, a weapon meant to reduce the amount of numen in the target it hits. Most of the times they take a form of large nails used as either daggers or throwing weapons. However, depending on the inquisitor, it might take a different form. For example a certain famous French inquisitor had her Der Nagel in form of sword-like arrows.

[Preaching to the Darkness]
    Words are a weapons that can bolster one's defenses or wound the enemy depending on the situation. This is why so many priests are such great orators... including you yourself. A right word in the right place can make all the difference in the world. When you take this Perk, increase your Persuasion, Deception and Intimidation all by 1 Rank. In addition, you have a natural aura that deters unholy beasts of the turnside. When at melee range, such enemies have their Accuracy score reduced by 1 for every two Ranks in your Intimidation skill.

[Demonic Possession]
    There are many reasons as to why one would get possessed. Sometimes the individual is just too enticing for evil spirits of all sorts, making them a prime target. However, some people specifically call evil spirits into themselves in order to bolster their own power. There might even be those who unwittingly share their body with another soul. Whatever the case, the real danger does not lie in the fact that you are harboring another entity within you, but that more often than not these entities hide their nature completely. What you thought might just be a powerful spirit might end up being a poltergeist or an actual demon, making you a natural antithesis to humanity and an enemy of the Holy Church. When you take this Perk, increase your STR by 1 Rank. Your unarmed attack category becomes Supernatural, as will your natural physical defense category. You will also gain extra +10 SP for your Skills. However, you will gain Elemental Weakness towards Holy. In addition, the entity possessing you will have two abilities which it can utilize twice per day each to help you, free of charge. They are equivalent to Rank C mage-spells.

SPELLS
    [Prayer of Healing]
    Rank-C
    Element: Life
    Mana Cost: 12 MP
    6 meter range, heal a target for 7 HP and purges all negative ailments of Rank D or lower.

[Reinforce Reality]
    Element: Prana
    Rank-C
    Mana Cost: 12 MP
    Range 10 meters. [REDACTED]. If this thaumaturgy is used to target an ongoing magical effect, compare Ranks. Magical effects of C-Rank or lower are immediately erased. Meanwhile, those of B-Rank have a 50% chance of momentarily faltering.

[Control Water]
    Element: Water
    Rank-C
    Duration is 5 minutes. You take control of up to 50 liters of water, or a cube that's up to 30 meters on a side. You can control and move that water freely, and make it behave in ways that water is capable of. As the most basic action, you can move this body of water you control as an unified front for 5 meters in a Turn.

Blog Entries

Hisa Momoi VS Elise Pelltier VS Me (Round 2, Turn 4)
    [BGM]

Wait.

Wait-wait-wait-wait!

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwa itwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait !

What the hell did Hisa do to my totally awesome and not at all tacky cloak!?

Oh, right, her touch... that baconface can transmit that blasted ESP of hers through touch too! Gaaah, why didn't I remember such a simple thing!?

The moment I remember that, I realize what has happened. I don't even need to look down at my absolutely brilliant piece of attire to know that the purple color from its gradient of colours has faded into a blot of dull, grey monochrome. It happened in a shattering of spectrum-colored glass, the protective sheet of prana being disintegrated once it had done its job. I was protected from having my mind taken over like that, but at the same time, it doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. The moment they realize what's happened, I bet they're gonna try again, and then we're going into such a deep-shit-territory that I don't want to think about it.

Now, hold on. Elise's doing something, she must be doing something - other than bawl her eyes out for that boytoy. I know I should be focusing on her, trying to see what she's doing, trying to evaporate her on the spot for trying even think about hitting me... but right now, there's something else occupying my mind. Something far, far worse. Something that caused me to make such a slip-up that I completely forgot about the blasted ESP touch. Something, something painful, that's pounding in my head in a way that doesn't let up.

Oh.

Right.

Hisa took a swing at me with her dagger.

She...

... She hit me.

She wounded me.

She got a hit in.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

It hurts.

It really hurts.

It...

No more playing around.

Spectrum of light screams as I weave a spell for my protection.

Before Hisa can even know what's happening, I've surrounded myself with an oily sheen of pure mana, becoming a second cloak of a different function around myself.

She doesn't need to know more.

Because this next thing...

------- Is meant just for her!

My trusty Oppie opens up its maw, and for a moment, both of the girls can see how the fabric of reality is torn apart on a smaller scale as something gnaws into existence, opening up a hole through which a gaping maw of mess of colours can be seen. Those vivid eyes of its, shining with enough ultraviolet to give skincancer to anyone who basked in its presence long enough, take one look at the situation and train themselves as Hisa.

Oh, you're gonna stab me?

WELL I'M GONNA BLAST YOU!

A blast of pure photonic energy is sent hurtling towards Hisa, meant to slam right into her ribcage!

[Hit! Me: 3- ? = 1 Classical PHYS Damage (Supernatural PHYS Defense)!]
    [ESP Negated! Defenses Shattered!]
    [Hit! Hisa Momoi: 10 - 3 = 7 Nuclear Damage (EGO Defense)!]
    [Hisa Momoi: END Defense Overcome! Ultraviolet Suffering is growing...]

--> Round 2, Turn 5: Hisa Momoi
    --> Round 2, Turn 6: Elise Pelltier

Check This Out!
    Me
    STR: ∞̛ͤ̽̈́ͫ͗͌ͫ̅̑ͫ̈̆̾ͫͬ̊͟͝͏̳̙̼͎̼̝̳̬͉̮͔͕̗̠͓̰̼∞ͩͪ͆̈́ͩ̓͋̈́̿̒̚ ̵̘͍̦̘̭̘͕̰̪̋ͪ͝͝∞̷̥̤͎̼͉̰̬͚̟̩̦̼̹̀ͬͮͭ̈̉͊̎̐̇̂̋̚̚͜͜͝ ̰͉̤ END: ∞̶̼̜͚̳͉̍͛̅̒̆́ͭ̊̍͑̆̂̌̓ͫͨ̇̈́͌́͝∞̡̡̹͈̟̞͉̗̩͙̟͗͐ͦ̈́̆͊̉̓ͭ∞ ̸̷̢̢͉̦͙̫͙̣̘̪̲̭̹̬̫̗̰̠͖͐͊̊̐̈́̌ͬ AGI: ∞̶̨̨̬̯̞̹̟̰͎̳͖̩̪͐͌̔ͧͧ̐̿̈́̿͑͆͊̐ͥ̈́͘͝∞̷͔̱̪̤̟̩̹͕̪̌̓̋ͪ́͠∞ ̸̛̰͇̫̫͚̜̞̟́ͪ͛̑̊͂͑ͮ WIL: ∞̹̰̙͔͇̤̣͖̮̮̮̞͕̖̭̙͍͌̐̀̔ͤ̓̔͗̇͒̿̈̈͗ͮ͊͌̅ͪ͟∞̋̀̓ͩ̿̅̓̾ͥ̇͏ ̠̰̭͓͈̭̙͕̹͈̜͡∞̤̰̗͖̯͉̱̳̦͕͈̿͂͆̿͆̑ͮ̒̽̀̀͐̈͘͝ INT: ∞̴̤̼̜̹̭͉̳̘͖̟̟̼͚̻̖̣̰͚͈̄ͥ͂͌̏͆ͯ̀ͩͧͤ͛͛̈́ͥͬ͗̽̚͘∞͋͛̌̍ͧ̉̈́̽ ̰̺̗̦̘̬͉̬̞̝̑ͭ̔ͥͫ̎̈́͘͟͡∞ͣ̿͊ͧ̋ͤ̒̍̈҉͏̙̙̹͇̠̝̫̼̜̠ͅ EGO: ∞̡ͣͬ̈҉̤̗̣̦̮̬̮∞̴̽ͨ̈͐ͭ̆̾̍͊ͬ͒̌҉̦͓̣̯̬͔̞͈̪̳͕∞ͥ̅̃ͮ̎ͭ̾͑͠҉ ͏̫̹̟̯͎̗̥̯̼͕͎͟

Equipment:

???
    Type:
    ???
    An absolutely awesome cloak that covers the wearer. The purple colour negates the first ESP attack towards the wearer. Further information pending...

Spells:

Mana Fission (?)
    E
    Element:
    Light
    Mana Cost:
    ???
    Doubles the spell that is cast next. Further information pending...

235 Bombardment (?)
    E
    Element:
    Nuclear
    Mana Cost:
    ???
    Launches 10 magical missiles towards an enemy that each deal 1 Nuclear Element damage upon hit. Further information pending...

???
    ???
    Element:
    ???
    Mana Cost:
    ???
    Further information pending...

Spectrum Shooter (?)
    D
    Element:
    Nuclear
    Mana Cost:
    ???
    A spell (?) delivered by a formless creature that tears itself into reality, appearing as a mass of colours of every possible spectrum that resembles - very faintly - an animal skull with a crown growing from its head. Targets an enemy within 10 meters of me with an attack roll. Upon hit, the target takes 10 Nuclear damage. If their END Rank is also overcome, they are afflicted by Ultraviolet Suffering. Further information pending...
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 21st, 2020 at 04:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vivienne Bianchi

In that moment, everything came to a halt.

Hwan Bin coiled like a loaded spring, the glow in his eyes going past dangerous and becoming actually violent as purple strands of something akin to electricity flared up from his pupils, illuminating the area around him. At the same time, a strange sort of pressure set up upon the clearing, resembling both inceased gravity or something heavy and clingy settling itself up on everybody's shoulders. The eyes of the white-haired boy were trained at the unknown man, and his mouth had been set into a snarl.

--- The reaction from Travis was quite different, though.

The delinquent took one look at the man who had approached them out of nowhere, and took his hands out of his pockets. At the same time, he took a careful step backwards, glancing into the forest behind them all. The reason was clear... very clear. He was most likely judging which path would have given him the best chances of escaping fast - to make a run for it the moment some sort of combat started.

And the way he appraised both Hwan and Vivienne... the tall boy was clearly expecting them to rush into combat instead of doing what every normal human would do in this situation: Flee.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "...! He is... another one of these people... are you... like the King of Currumpaw too? Made to... clean up... messes and intrusions? Why... are you doing this?"
    The handsome man scratched his chin, keeping his eyes glued to Vivienne as she took some distance.

"Well, I'm just doing what's required at this point. See, if you guys are left alive, it's going to be... troublesome," he answered with a disinterested voice as he cracked his fingers like a gunslinger about to draw. "And, I guess... unlike that Green Knight, I'm not that bothered by moral quandaries. Though, for a third reason, well..."

That lazy, languid way of talking - the thick accent that he had - it all sharpened towards the end of that sentence. At the same time, the hungry hands of the gunslinger reached for the air and for a split second, Vivienne could see the emptiness between those fingers warp. It was like watching blue light draw out shapes - two shapes, to be precise - and then fill them with murky energy that ripped into reality from nowhere. It was materialization, plain and simple, conjuration of some sort.

... But something in it made the hairs at the back of the mute girl stand up.

The reason was simple.

She couldn't hear the world wail at the use of magic. She couldn't smell the tell-tale odor of ozone. She couldn't see the flicker of Odic Particles. She couldn't sense the hum of Vril Generator. In other words... she sense any telltale signs of any known forms of supernatural abilities.

"Load, Double."

Now, in those once empty hands, something was forming.

Two weapons were being created in the hands of the man who had, so far, been unarmed.

--- A sleek-looking black revolver.

--- And a black-block of a gun with two prongs instead of a barrel.

"... If you want a third reason, you can just blame Colt Barrett for this."

The guns would soon be ready.

There was no escape anymore.

Initiative Check!

Vivienne Bianchi: 4 VS The Gunslinger: 3 VS Hwan Bin: 3
    Coinflip!
    The Gunslinger Wins!

BATTLE START!
    Round 1, Turn 1: Vivienne Bianchi

New Ability Witnessed!
    The Nameless Gunslinger
    STR: ? END: ? AGI: C WIL: ? INT: ? EGO: ?

Abilities?:

Load, Double
    Element: ???
    ??? Cost: ???
    Materializes two guns, both different. Further information pending...
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 21st, 2020 at 03:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel VS Netherworld Paper Dolls (Round 2, Turn 6)
    [BGM]

There was a horrible screeching sound as the bubble of decay expanded and Anna Vandemeel rushed forward, slamming her protective shield against the paper dolls of pure darkness. The effective power of destruction, taking the form almost akin to entropy, tore into the shadowy wolf-like creatures who stood no chance against its power. One after another they were destroyed, turned into nothing but frayed remnants of their spiritual core - the spiritual 'Hell Money' that bound their blackened, shadowy form together.

--- Nine creatures in total were destroyed before they could even react.

And the rest screamed in anger and bestial wrath in response.

They opened up their mouths, and eleven hungry maws were directed straight at Anna. At the same time, dark energy started swirling in each one, and they took an aim at the raven-haired girl. She had seen this sort of attack before... she had even felt the curse that came with it. But this time she was far better shielded from such actions.

In other words...

Eleven remaining shadow-puppets.

33 howling bullets of pure darkness lancing through the corridor of fire and monsooning rain.

Each of them hit squarely against the sphere of decay that was glowing around Anna, who had charged amidst these creatures...

"+++++++++++"

And each was eaten away by the decay, reduced into nothing but shrapnels of shadows that lashed uselessly against the bright red jacket in the darkness.

The beasts raged as they took steps back, trying to stay away from the bubble of death that was approaching them. Even they, in their mindless hunger for slaughter, had realized that they could not enter the sphere themselves lest they were torn apart, nor could they shoot their way through to their intended target because the bullets of darkness were simply disintegrated before they even reached their goal. It was an impasse, at least for the beast, where they could not rely on either their physical attacks nor their magical strikes. They could simply jump backwards, try to keep out of the way, each taking good three meters backwards in a hurry.

Things were different now than on that night earlier this week.

They couldn't accelerate into their bestial, four-legged run which made them as fast as cars.

In other words, they were trapped.

Anna would simply rush into them, bring the full brunt of her spell upon, and watch the beasts disintegrate when they---

--- It came from out of nowhere.

A pure spear of shadows that skewered Anna, lancing through her stomach and piercing out from the other side.

She could only, for a moment, look down at her jacket which had been stained even deeper shade of red as her blood seeped out.

It wasn't just a physical wound. It was something much more sinister than that.

That black pillar that had grown from somewhere behind and gone through her in a matter of second or half... it was something that the beasts were clearly not capable of doing. Craning her neck, Anna was able to look behind herself... and immediately witness the true culprit. It had come from her own shadow, one made stronger and harsher by the flames that raged around the corridor. A spear had struck her back in such a manner, so out of nowhere, because she wasn't able to see that blind spot when facing the beasts before her.

Her own shadow had betrayed her.

... And, to make matters worse, locked her in place.

As if making her an easy target for the beasts.

But, if the beasts themselves were not responsible for this attack...

... Who was?

[Hit! Netherworld Paper Doll: 7 - 2 = 5 Decay Damage (EGO Defense)!]

33x [Hit! Anna Vandemeel: 3 - 7 = 0 Darkness Damage (EGO Defense)! Nullified!]

[Anna Vandemeel - INT Defense Overcome!]
    [Hit! Anna Vandemeel: 10 - 1 - 7 = 2 Darkness Damage (INT Defense)!]
    [Anna Vandemeel: Restrained for 4 Rounds!]

--> Round 3, Turn 7: ???
    --> Round 3, Turn 8: Anna Vandemeel
    --> Round 3, Turn 9: Netherworld Paper Dolls

New Ability Witnessed!
    Netherworld Paper Doll
    STR: A END: F AGI: C WIL: ? INT: ? EGO: D

Abilities:

Howling Bullet
    Element: Darkness
    Launches three projectiles of pure darkness at the enemy. Each bullet makes an attack roll using the caster's EGO Score as Accuracy (2). One bullet deals 3 Darkness-element damage vs. the target's EGO defence. If more than one bullet hits, instead of each bullet counting as separate, the damage gets added together when overcoming said target's EGO defence. Leaves behind festering wounds that are cursed with a growing necrosis. If these wounds remain untreated for 2 Rounds, they will lower your END Attribute by 1. This effect can happen only once and does not stack form further hits. For some reason, the edges of the wounds are burnt almost like they were paper...

New Ability Witnessed!
    ???

Abilities:

???
    Element: Darkness
    A spear of pure darkness is launched from the target's own shadow, impaling them on the spot if their INT Defense is overcome. In addition, when the target is hit by the spear, they take 10 Darkness damage VS. their INT Defense. A target hit by this ability is then restrained for 4 Rounds. Only one ??? can be active on a single target at any one time. Further information pending...
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 21st, 2020 at 04:23 PM.