Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696101104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2173

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

  1. #2101
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,125
    Blog Entries
    71
    Hisa Momoi & Elise Pelltier
    Location: Ghostwood National Forest
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    "WWWWHHYYY THEEE HELLL IS NNNNOBOOODYYYY LISSSTENNNINNGG TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?"

    At that moment, it was already too late.

    The tragedy had struck and there was no avoiding it any longer.

    Before the very eyes of those who had seen nothing, Pyry Leijonamieli's body was suddenly wrapped in jet-black metal as it burst from his wounds and pores, spreading at an rapid rate like some sort of nightmarish cancerous growth across his whole body. At the same time a ridiculous amount of prana was released from within the boy, akin to a ramjet engine's exhaust. The blast became a violent galeforce of prana, a magical maelstrom and a shockwave that send Hisa, Elise and Mercedes all flying into different directions as they were unprepared for something like that. They had only seen their own world's version of the events... not the one it was changed into. Before their very eyes the history was rewritten, and with that, a trap for the ultimate form of tragedy was sprung upon those who had been caught in it. The three girls, their missing friend... and the boy who was now roaring towards the skies, his voice no longer his own. No, right now, it was a voice of a monstrous feline, like a colossal Nemean Lion that reached towards the sun to devour it whole.

    The black metal was everywhere. It formed into chitin-like plates all across Pyry's body, enclosing his whole form like a cocoon. At the same time the magical engine within him, on the place where his heart should be, went into overdrive and started pumping prana into the boy to reform the body that had been lost. The missing arm sprouted from the torso violently and was immediately covered in the metal, while the torso itself was first wrapped up in the dark armor and then re-created within it by magical flames, heat and energy. The jaws of the boy were morphed even further with a sickening sound of bones being rearranged and at the same time, they become encased in the same ancient mithril. The light of intelligence disappeared form Pyry's eyes, as did his tears - the last of them evaporating thanks to the heat that was released from his body. Instead an unearthly glow of red, fury that was both his own and not, shone from deep within the helmet that his head had become.

    The sorrowful cry of utter fury echoed in the clearing.

    It was too late to do anything.

    By the time Hisa, Elise and Mercedes recovered from the shockwave...

    --- The transformation was already complete.



    What stood in the place where Pyry had once been... was now a Mad Colossus of Rage.

    A towering shape clad in black armor, with red runes and veins running through it and separating the chitin-like plates that covered the whole of the boy. It was an armor so primeval and ancient that it was hard to even pin-point its origin point... but that was not what was important. Indeed, that armor was not just an armor... it was a living organism growing from within the young man, and now it had taken over him completely. It had oozed out from the pores of his skin and from his tearducts, his mouths, ears, nose and eyes... from between his fingertips and from within his navel. It was a sickening armor of some sort of jet-black gold that encased the boy, imprisoning him, and pumping Dew of Heaven through him at an alarming. All those present could hear the hum of the magical energy emanating from the colossus, radiating both heat and power just like the strange substance had. Finally, the head that had been howling towards the skies lowered itself... and the red eyes of insanity were directed at the three that were present.

    They no longer saw his friends.

    They saw only prey --- Targets.

    And the reason wasn't just the the rush of power within the boy, or the berserker rage he had been thrust into.

    No...

    Hisa Momoi especially could see it clearly.

    That mindless, blank red glow of his eyes and their vengeful stare...

    --- Somebody was controlling him.

    Somebody was making Pyry relive his battle with the man who had killed Prushka, making him see them as that man... and thus, making him attack them out of vengeance.

    Rage of revenge was something truly terrible to behold.

    And when it emanated from this monstrous form of absolute power...

    ... It was brought to its true height.








    Initiative Check!
    Nationbreaker Lionheart: 5 VS Hisa Momoi: 3 VS Elise Pelltier: 2 VS Mercedes West: 2
    Coinflip!
    Elise Pelltier Wins!


    BATTLE START!
    Round 1, Turn 1: Nationbreaker Lionheart




    Hisa Momoi VS Elise Pelltier VS Mercedes West VS Nationbreaker Lionheart (Round 1, Turn 1)
    Location: Ghostwood National Forest
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    "▂▂▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅▅▅▅▅!"

    It happened too fast to even properly react to it.

    At one point, the monster clad in black armor had its eyes set upon the three girls. Then, in a blink of an eye, it was gone from its space, dashing forward while leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. For something of that size to move with that speed... it was like watching a bullet train charge forward, maddened red eyes gleaming in the dark of the forest like ominous stars. Pure prana was exhaled with every breath as the colossus charged forward, taking shortest route towards the nearest target. That mad light... it, he was still fighting the same battle against his hated enemy in a desperate bid to save life of Prushka. It was a nightmare he was unable to leave thanks to whatever it was that drove him to such berserker state, which clouded his mind and made him descend deeper and deeper into insanity. The roar that bellowed out from within the blackened helmet was that of sorrow, unforgiving sorrow and hatred at both himself and the man who had so cruelly killed his friend. The huge feet trampled the ground, generated a small shockwave with each step, and threw the colossus of magical and physical energy...

    --- Straight towards Elise.

    Too fast.

    Too powerful.




    Before the brunette girl could even muster a proper defense, one of those hands capable of crushing boulders barreled down upon and her and struck her right into her midsection, sending a blinding sensation of pain through her whole body.

    --- She had gotten an arm in.

    Just barely.

    Just barely... she had survived that one attack.

    The force of the punch had sent Elise flying backwards, through couple of smaller trees before smashing straight into a thick pine. The air that was drived out of her lungs was returning... but with it came the screaming sensation of agony and pain. That strike had last less than a second, it's aftermath the same time, but as Elise laid there on the ground, against the tree, she saw that the damage it had done... was massive.

    --- Had she been any less lucky, she would have been dead, right then and there.

    Her left arm was a mangled mess, one that wouldn't be useful for anything anymore. And the ribs underneath it, the ones she had tried to protect... they were shattered. The left side of her ribcage was more or less broken, and blood was spreading everywhere from within her. She could even see two of the ribs sticking out through her flesh and her clothes... a sight that made the whole world spin in a dizzying dance for a moment.

    The pain was horrendous - blinding and white-hot.

    The brunette girl would have to focus all of her mind if she wanted to even act.

    And she would need to... since the Mad Beast before her was about to strike again.

    --- All the while screaming out a roar of sorrow.




    [Critical Hit! Elise Pelltier: 23 - 3 - 3 = 17 x 2 = 34 Supernatural Damage (Supernatural PHYS Defense)!]
    [Massive Injury! Elise Pelltier - Fractured Body: Must choose between Ability Action, Attack Action or Movement per turn. Cannot move and take an Action during the same Turn. In addition, loss of left arm.]

    --> Round 1, Turn 2: Hisa Momoi
    --> Round 1, Turn 3: Elise Pelltier
    --> Round 1, Turn 4: Mercedes West



    New Being Met!



    New Ability Witnessed!
    Nationbreaker Lionheart
    STR: A END: ? AGI: A WIL: ? INT: ? EGO: ?


    Perks:

    Overwhelming Force
    Your basic, brute strength is overwhelming even among the strongest of beings on the turnside of the world. Just a single strike from you can topple a great tree, crush boulders and cripple a weaker opponent. When you take this Perk, you double the amount of unaided damage your attacks cause. However, this Perk marks you as an aberrant even on the turnside of the world, a power not gained without a price. It will invoke a negative Perk custom-tailored to you by the GM.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 2nd, 2020 at 11:12 AM.

  2. #2102
    吸血鬼 Vampire Cheetose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Age
    26
    Posts
    213
    Hisa Momoi
    Location: Ghostwood National Forest
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast


    "What…"

    Pyry’s shout.

    The way he transformed into some gigantic knight, covering his own body that rapidly regenerated in some sort of dark metal.

    The way he dashed forward...Just like in the morning, back at the school...His eyes filled with most primal emotions, as he punched Elise with all his strength and sent her flying, all before we could even react…

    It was frightening. Watching how Elise collided with one of the trees at the edge of the clearing, her hand and ribs broken in a way that could have pretty much been considered fatal, all just from a single punch…

    Normally, this scene would have momentarily left me shocked, but…



    "What the hell?!"

    I felt my anger growing, bubbling up within my heart as I had to watch yet another one of my friends get hurt in such a way. Especially when this time the cause was another one of my friends. The one person whose goal was supposed to be to protect others. The one I trusted more than anyone else here and whom I considered as my only true friend.

    Though, as the moment passed, some more things became obvious - one being that Pyry, even in this form, wasn’t exactly himself. His expression was nearly blank, almost as if he wasn’t in control...And the traces of magic, a faint smell, one that could be tracked back to its source, the source which could have been the cause of all this…

    Either way, there was no time to waste.

    But I also had to be subtle...As subtle as possible, and try to hide my presence in the forest, because if something could do this to Pyry, it could very well do it to me, and that…

    Casting the thought aside, I extended my focus towards Pyry’s mind, then, with a snap of my fingers…

    The immediate threat was already taken care of.

    Now...it’s time for you to return that punch to whoever made you hit Elise.

    I wanted to help Elise. To take care of her injuries, because I could only imagine how much pain she was in right now, and how confused and desperate she must have been...And to explain my plan as well, but there was no guarantee that whoever did this wouldn’t overhear us, or give us enough time to just chat and recover in the first place. No...I could only hope that they would get an idea of what I was trying to do, that Mercedes could help Elise, and that they wouldn’t become the target of something else in the meantime.

    Move.

    One last glance towards the injured girl, and I turned towards the treeline at the edge of the clearing - if I wanted to hide, the forest was my best, and only bet. I broke into a sprint, and simultaneously gave the next course of action to Pyry as well.

    Run as fast as you can. Follow the trail.

    I wasn’t feeling too good about our odds.

    I wasn’t particularly good at fighting, and after this effort I could feel my reserves running dry...Mercedes shouldn’t even have been involved in all of this, and it would be a surprise if Elise could even stand.

    But at the very least...I wouldn’t just give up like that.

    Ability Updated!
    Marionette
    Rank : B
    Cost : 12 OP
    Element : Soul

    If the target's INT defense is lower than 14, take complete control over their mind indefinitely. The target's consciousness fades out for 4 turns, leaving them unable to resist in any way whatsoever. Afterwards, they start regaining their consciousness and can sense what is happening around them. From here on, at the start of each turn they roll a D10 against their (WIL defense +1) and if the result is lower, they manage to break out of the control. While controlled, the target has their mental resistances halved but keep every other stat unchanged. Outside of combat, turns are replaced with hours. [Further details unknown]

    Last edited by Cheetose; February 2nd, 2020 at 05:37 PM.

  3. #2103
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,125
    Blog Entries
    71
    Hisa Momoi VS Elise Pelltier VS Mercedes West VS Nationbreaker Lionheart (Turn Results)
    Location: Ghostwood National Forest
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    If the presence of the Mad Colossus was gigantic... so was the sudden overwhelming intelligence that struck like a sword, accompanied by the snap of a single girl's fingers. The brunt of a psionic power, one made to enslave minds, was let loose in a desperate bid to stop yet another tragedy, stop yet another misfortunate end, stop yet another friend from dying a pitiful dog's death. The Odic Power released with that single snap competed for a moment with the smell of ozone and the ambient layer of mana around the clearing, carving out a ring of clarity and area of truth within the phantasm.

    For a moment, along with that snap, two wills battled a furious bout within Pyry's mind, wrestling for dominance.

    Just for a moment.

    --- In half a second later, the one mind of Hisa Momoi took the other intruder and snapped it in half over her knee.

    There was only one dominant intelligence that reigned there, and it was the mind of the scarred girl who was now making herself scarce, issuing commands, issuing orders to the giant she had taken control over. The Odic Power coalesced and took its place within the body of the Mad Colossus, and in an instant, those orders were made absolute within it. The gravity of Hisa Momoi's became the law, and thus, new ruler reigned over Nationbreaker's mind.

    --- And those orders were heeded.

    The Lionheart's head turned, and for his red eyes shone towards the deep forest.

    There was the source of this all, the one who had laid this trap for them.

    The one who had so cruelly mucked about with the past to make Pyry see his friends as callous and cruel, ignoring him in a nightmare that refused to simply end.

    Yeah... there the culprit was.

    And the Mad Colossus was about to go after them.




    [Natiobreaker Lionheart: INT Defense Broken!]


    --> Round 1, Turn 3: Elise Pelltier
    --> Round 1, Turn 4: Mercedes West

  4. #2104
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Mellon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,020
    Blog Entries
    1
    Anna Vandemeel
    Location: Road's End - End's Mercy Hospital
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    "... You ever had to be someone you're not? Someone who's not the 'real' you? I mean... ergh, fuck... like, have you ever had to act like you're someone else? Keep your real self hidden?"
    In response to Travis’s words, Anna’s movements stopped for a second, her hands halting their motion. A brief pause of silence filled the space between the two of them, almost as if the raven-haired girl was weighing her options, unsure of what she should actually say.

    “Hmph… Do I look like someone who can playact as someone else? I haven’t got neither the skills nor the temperament for all that spy stuff.” Anna’s hands continued fiddling with the lock in front of her. “But… everyone is hiding their real self from others to some extent or another. Whether that be the past skeletons in your closet, the parts of your personality that others might dislike, or god knows what else - none of us are truly free of that shit.”

    “Myself included, of course.” A small self-deriding smirk flickered on her face for a moment before vanishing. “Besides, what you have seen so far should already clue you in on that this place is riddled with lies on every angle.”

    “And I don’t particularly care about it either. It's simply a part of the baggage that is involved with being a person. All I can do is deal with things as they come, no more, no less.”



    The door in front of her was now open. Anna stood up from her crouching position, with her hand on the door handle. However, instead of opening it, she simply stood in front of it, her back turned towards Travis and her face shrouded by the flickering shadows.

    “In the end, it only matters whether not you are capable of squaring your conscience with your own lies and deceptions.” A small sigh escaped Anna’s lips. “If you can do that, then you’re already better off than many in this world.”

    The girl in the red jacket turned her head towards the boy in the distance, a wry glint in her ruby eyes.

    “But for the time being, we have a young brat we need to help out, no? And the less time we spend in this freakshow hospital, the better.”

    “I’ve opened the door. Shall we?”

  5. #2105
    Elise Pelltier
    Location: Ghostwood National Forest
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast


    The fist that slammed into her seemed to simultaneously come out of nowhere and was also completely obvious in its inevitability. She barely had a chance to muster any sort of a defence before she crashed into a tree near the edge of the clearing.

    Pyry- no, whatever that was, wasn't really Pyry anymore, or at the very least, it was easier to not think of it as being Pyry. That towering thing clad in black armour wasn't going to stop. She might've barely survived that hit, but she doubted that Hisa or Mercedes would've fared any better. She glanced down, noting the blood now soaking her clothes, her own for a change, and the pair of ribs sticking out.

    Oh, no, Elise. Bones belong on the inside, Elise reminded herself.

    Her brain was busy trying to process everything. The pain, the warring memories within her mind, the sudden betrayal of history. She grit her teeth and forced herself to focus.

    I wondered what having two sets of conflicting memories would be like, so I guess that answers that, groaned Elise as she thought about the events leading up to this moment.

    She forced herself back up to her feet, bracing herself against the tree she'd collided with as her mangled left arm hung uselessly at her side, and her right arm clutched her abdomen. She shoved aside her thoughts and focused entirely on the thing that used to be Pyry. She took a single painful breath and felt her own meager aura swirl around her, for what little good it might do against the Mad Colossus before her.

    She felt a little unsteady, but she was standing on her feet again. Her still functioning arm released her abdomen and drew her dagger.

    "Run!" shouted Elise, as much as she was able, to whoever might be listening, "Just-just run. I'll see if I can't buy some time."

    Well... this might just be it then. There are probably worse ways to die than by being killed by a friend, but I'm hard pressed to think of any right now.

    The Mad Colossus loomed over her, ready to strike again. Elise braced herself for it, hoping to avoid taking the full brunt of its next attack, hoping to buy at least a few more precious moments for Hisa and Mercedes to escape. Its red eyes, filled with madness, boring down on her until- they didn't. Elise blinked in surprise as the Mad Colossus' head turned, looking away from her and the others and gazing off into the forest.

    Well... I'm not going to look this particular gift horse in the mouth.

    -------
    Elise uses Guard!

    Abilities Revealed!
    ATTRIBUTES
    STR ??
    END ??
    AGI D
    WIL ??
    INT ??
    EGO ??

    HP: 1/35
    Injuries: Fractured Body: Must choose between Ability Action, Attack Action or Movement per turn. Cannot move and take an Action during the same Turn. In addition, loss of left arm.

    PERKS
    [Preaching to the Darkness]
    Words are a weapons that can bolster one's defenses or wound the enemy depending on the situation. This is why so many priests are such great orators... including you yourself. A right word in the right place can make all the difference in the world. When you take this Perk, increase your Persuasion, Deception and Intimidation all by 1 Rank. In addition, you have a natural aura that deters unholy beasts of the turnside. When at melee range, such enemies have their Accuracy score reduced by 1 for every two Ranks in your Intimidation skill.

    [Demonic Possession]
    There are many reasons as to why one would get possessed. Sometimes the individual is just too enticing for evil spirits of all sorts, making them a prime target. However, some people specifically call evil spirits into themselves in order to bolster their own power. There might even be those who unwittingly share their body with another soul. Whatever the case, the real danger does not lie in the fact that you are harboring another entity within you, but that more often than not these entities hide their nature completely. What you thought might just be a powerful spirit might end up being a poltergeist or an actual demon, making you a natural antithesis to humanity and an enemy of the Holy Church. When you take this Perk, increase your STR by 1 Rank. Your unarmed attack category becomes Supernatural, as will your natural physical defense category. You will also gain extra +10 SP for your Skills. However, you will gain Elemental Weakness towards Holy. In addition, the entity possessing you will have two abilities which it can utilize twice per day each to help you, free of charge. They are equivalent to Rank C mage-spells.
    Last edited by Thalraxal; February 2nd, 2020 at 06:33 PM.

  6. #2106
    Beauty Under the Moonlight Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chaldea Naval Base
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,881
    JP Friend Code
    065950862
    Blog Entries
    1
    Location: J. Edgar Hoover Building – Fifth Floor (!?)
    Phase: ???
    Date: ???
    Weather: Sunny



    Well, this is unusual.

    At long last, John Dove’s abnormality proves a boon, for a mental breakdown in the face of such irrationality could have only been detrimental. Instead, the plain young man meets the gazes of three complete strangers with an unchanged, impassive mien. The seconds of silence are the window through which John takes in the whole stage: the American flag, the familiar insignia of a certain government agency, the screens projecting more data that he can take at a glance, the three older people and their IDs…

    Agent Briggs…any relationship to the janitor…probably not. Then there’s “Special Agent Ferguson”, and “The Director”…a woman? He was not aware of that.

    They speak, and he listens quietly and attentively, his face showing nothing because there really is nothing to show.

    Radio silence.

    West Virginia.

    …what are these people talking about?

    No, that is perhaps the secondary issue. What truly matters is: what is the correct way for John Dove to behave in this situation?

    Going along with their words is an unsustainable scenario. He simply does not have enough information to maintain a persistent illusion of familiarity. On the other hand, confessing complete ignorance…how wise would that be in this room, in these circumstances, in front of these people?

    It is too difficult, to make choices without any reference on which to base them. That seems to be the constant of his life in the past week, though.

    “Hmm…” John makes an act of bringing his open palm to his face and rubbing his temples. After sighing, he takes some steps away from the door, walking past “Agent Briggs” to address “The Director”.

    “My apologies, ma’am. Is this room safe?”

    Is the “John Dove” in their heads one who would apologize in this situation? Would he address “The Director” as “ma’am”? John has no time to ponder these things. He is a straightforward person who can only take steps forward. He glances over his shoulder, as if expecting somebody to have their ear pressed against the door on the other side.

    “To be honest, I did not arrive here by my own means, and I fear the possibility that I may be mentally and/or physically compromised.”

    Well he is; that much is certain, but there is need for talk of his precious lunar goddess right now.

    “That is why I must start with the following question: can you please tell me today’s date and current time?”

  7. #2107
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,125
    Blog Entries
    71
    Hisa Momoi VS Elise Pelltier VS Mercedes West VS Nationbreaker Lionheart (Round 1, Turn 4)
    Location: Ghostwood National Forest
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    "W-what the hell is that...!?"

    Mercedes's reaction was understandable. Lying there near one of the trees, having seen there after been blown away by the blastwave, she had only a scant second or two to witness the black colossus break the ground with its dash and slam its fist into Elise, sending the brunette flying through smaller trees before her flight came to a violent halt. At the same time, Hisa had snapped her fingers after a shout of anger, and her mind had resonated through the clearing like a bomb of magnified gravity before sharpening into a spear that collided with that same mad giant. Two undeniable forces had appeared within six seconds on the clearing, both final steps on different paths of the supernatural - and both equally dangerous.

    A simple human in a situation like this, no matter how intelligent or a prodigy, could do very little... if anything.

    Mercedes West understood this very well.

    That was why...

    Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Run! Just-just run. I'll see if I can't buy some time."
    "But, like... your wounds---!" Mercedes let out an uncharacteristic cry of worry... and then crushed her need to rush to the brunette, tearing her eyes away from the battleground. "Goddammit! GODDAMMIT!!!"

    She dashed towards the road.

    Straight into the forest.

    Away from the battlefield, away from the Mad Colossus, and away from the seeping sensation of ambient mana.

    "--- I'll start the car so you guys better follow!!!"

    So came the last yell from the actress as she desperately fled from the scene, loathe to leave her friends behind... but knowing that in here, she was but a liability.




    --> Round 2, Turn 5: Nationbreaker Lionhart
    --> Round 2, Turn 6: Hisa Momoi
    --> Round 2, Turn 7: Elise Pelltier




    Hisa Momoi VS Elise Pelltier VS Nationbreaker Lionheart (Round 2, Turn 5)
    Location: Ghostwood National Forest
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    "▂▂▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅▅▅▅▅!"

    An order was given by the authority in the mind.

    And that order was responded to in full.

    Not just because of how absolute it was...

    --- But because the mind in question gladly gave up control to someone it trusted without question.

    The black colossus turned around on its heels, its legs kicking the ground so that it separated itself from Elaine. The gigantic creature, clad in the blackest of armor with crimson runes, turned that animalistic head-and-helmet towards the distant deeper parts of the forest from where the thick smell of stinging ozone - the mark of powerful ability being used - seemed to emanate from. At the same time spun Arc-Relic from eons ago, a World Pillar that generated infinite prosperity within itself rotated at the place of the boy's heart - a song of legends that spread regenerative energies across his body. Even within that armor he was constantly repairing his body, making it more and more to what it was supposed to be at its peak.

    "▂▂▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅▅▅▅▅!"

    The King of Phantasmal Beast roared.

    And the outer space within him rotated ever faster and faster on its axis - The World Pillar spinning faster and faster.



    Ye of Guileless Blood, Witness the Lid of Infinite Colors.

    This is the Axis of the World Itself.

    And Within it is the Prosperity of a Nation.

    With Enough Power to Crush Another.


    And then, while his roar still resonated within the Ghostwood Forest, the colossus dashed deeper into the woods.

    He had his mission.

    Find the one who had caused all this.

    --- And bring them to justice.

    Make them suffer just like all of them had at that thing's hands when it meddled with the past.

    A direct and uncomplicated plan.

    Indeed...

    Well... let the boy come, then.

    This should be interesting.




    --> Round 2, Turn 6: Hisa Momoi
    --> Round 2, Turn 7: Elise Pelltier
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; February 3rd, 2020 at 07:20 PM.

  8. #2108
    吸血鬼 Vampire Cheetose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Age
    26
    Posts
    213
    Hisa Momoi
    Location: Ghostwood National Forest
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    Mercedes’ shouting made me look back at the clearing once again - and as I saw her starting to run back towards the path, leaving Elise behind, I considered turning back for a moment. I couldn’t quite decide what the right decision was here - if we split up this much, nothing guarantees that Mercedes won’t get lost in the forest on her way back, or get attacked by something, just like how nothing guarantees Elise’s safety either, and especially in her current state...just what exactly is she going to do?

    Still, going back would mean giving more time to that thing to mess with us, and that would probably just make things even worse than they already were...There was no way back now. I had to commit to what I started, no matter how hopeless it looked, this seemed to be the only chance. I could only hope that if we end up surviving, I won’t have to come back here to find Elise’s corpse…

    Shooting one last glance towards Elise - one that carried a whole lot of emotions, and had to make up for all the things I wanted to say to her right now, as I couldn’t afford to shout anymore...To apologize to her, to tell her that we’ll come back, that things will be okay, that doesn’t she dare die now…

    But without that, I could only turn back towards my destination, clear the last of the distance between me and the treelines, and try to hide my presence. That was the most important part, because no matter what, I wanted to try to stay hidden from the thing as long as it was possible. All the while trying to keep up with Pyry’s pace, and watch out for anything that might be ahead of us...

    Marionette - Blackout Turn 1

  9. #2109
    Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Where Lilies Bloom
    Posts
    820
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

    Date: 11.09.1994 (SAT)

    Location:
    Road's End - Woods

    Phase
    :
    Evening Phase
    Weather: Overcast
    ---


    "Hmmm..."


    An audible sound left Vivienne's lips as she paused and shifted into a pensive state once more. Travis' question was very valid. This situation was after all, something that Vivienne herself knew could have happened, when she weighted the risks of revealing herself. .. though for Travis to doubt even Hwan when the latter had saved his life... what the delinquent boi trying to achieve here exactly? It was possible that his initial contact with the Supernatural was still affecting him-- many remain in disbelief after witnessing magic or monsters for the first time, thus it was entirely possible that this paranoia was an extension of his knowledge of the world turning upside down.

    Still, the best way to approach all of this, was to be realistic. But then, perhaps that was the only way Vivienne Bianchi knew how to approach things. Logically, and down to earth.

    "It is hard... if we knew each other for longer... maybe it would be easier... but we all met at this school... not long ago..."

    It was simple facts. No matter how anyone would romanticize them, none could deny that the trio here had known each other for a sufficient amount of time to be able to 'learn' properly about each other's defining traits. All that they could have potentially grasped at best was the exterior shell that everyone wore -- what was below it, or even wherever there was anything below it... no one could tell. Such was the dilema, when three strangers brought together by circumstances out of their control tried to verify the veracity of each other's identities.

    Yet... it seemed like Vivienne had more to say other than stating the very obvious:

    "Back then... during breakfast... did I feel fake to you? I am different after all... maybe it is even harder for me to become genuine... the 'me' that you know... the 'me' on the screens, on television... she is not the 'me' that you see here, not the 'me' that you talked to during that time... but then you said it was your sister that liked my movies... so maybe this is not the question to ask..."

    Though this could potentially lead to more questions, this was also a form of evidence presented to Travis, something given so that he may understand at least that the girl talking to him here was the same one that sat across the table back then in the cafeteria.

    "I know a bit about... people taking other's appearances... from what Prushie and I gathered when we inspected Alex's room... she had someone that was filling in for her at school while Alex herself stayed at Owl's Nest... a decoy or... doppleganger of sorts?"

    Feeling the tension in the air, understanding the possibly incendiary nature of what Travis may have unknowingly started... it was probably best that she did something before people started killing each other for no reason.

    "We already have danger around us... maybe we should work together instead of being mistrustful... I know it may be hard... but..."

    It was the optimal way to survive after all. The one and only logical way. To show her emphasis on that, Vivienne did something which may have struck Travis Gagnon as quite familiar -- he may in fact have recognized the book Vivienne pulled out from her vest's breast pocket. It had a few stains of blood on its cover, but luckily none of the mauling and biting that had torn Vivienne Bianchi apart appeared to have caused any significant damage to it. Scribbling a few things, the empty girl was most likely doing her routine of...


    Drawing


    ... communicating through drawings. Of course, she had no artistic flair, but in a way, what had been taken away from her could be found to a certain extent in here -- a sense of innocence, eagerness, and honesty.

    "... besides... Hwan protected you... and I made my presence known... if we were up to no good... would we do that?"

    There was of course the possibility that the wolf was merely wearing sheep's clothing, but it is true that whatever both Vivienne and Hwan had decided to do, if there was a malicious individual that meant to harm them... then they would most likely not have taken such decisions.

  10. #2110
    Progressive Shattering Kuroyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Planeptune
    Posts
    1,537
    Blog Entries
    3
    Vier Wolff
    Location: Pinefall High Dormitory
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast


    Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Be careful!"
    I didn’t react to Aleen’s wish, I needed to keep my attention on the mission I've set myself up for and its related information.

    When I saw the fog rolling in from town, it was already worrying enough. While it wasn’t unheard of this region of the States having regular rain and fog, the progression of it was… a bit unnatural. Those slight doubts in the back of my head were confirmed when we went into the thick of the fog. Visibility was practically nil. Seeing past a meter or two was near impossible. This fog was not normal and had a supernatural source radiating it. If I went out by myself in this… I would’ve definitely been a goner. That’s why Lucille Faraday was here. She was going to be my sword and shield in this scenario.

    All I had to do was point her in the direction and get us back safely. Because I was faster than Lucille, I could take more time to look into more cues on where Subaru was. Despite not hearing any battle sounds, I kept my ears open. Anything that might give me an inclination on where to go. While I failed to hear anything that indicated signs of battle, that wasn’t the only thing I could use to search for Subaru. Next I was looking for footprints, drag marks, or anything out of place from my memory of the school area.

    “Found you...”

    There was the lead I was looking for. A set of fresh tracks. A large humanoid track. Most likely the person who sent Tonkori flying earlier. What was disturbing about that was the lack of Subaru’s smaller tracks and the fact that the fog seemed to be getting thicker as we get closer.

    “Lucille be prepared for a hostage situation. I’m only seeing one set of tracks here and it isn’t Subaru’s. If you have any way of clearing this fog, depending on what it is I might need you to do that. If it’s a person, then I can help neutralize the target. If it’s something deep into the turnside, I’ll stick close and weaken it through other means.”

    I was far more comfortable killing things closer to human than non-human. That was more my best friend’s specialty than mine.

  11. #2111
    Elise Pelltier
    Location: Ghostwood National Forest
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast


    Elise braced herself for an attack that never came. The Mad Colossus turned and rushed deeper in the woods. Elise blinked, looking around. Mercedes had left the clearing, heading back into the forest towards the road. She caught a glimpse of Hisa, who spared a quick glance back towards her, before she turned and vanished into the woods. She didn't say a word, but she said a lot. With that, Hisa, Mercedes, Gradient and Pyry were all gone, leaving Elise alone at the edge of the clearing. Alone, save for the Mad Colossus' roar that was still ringing in her ears. Blood stained her hands yet again. It wasn't the same, but it still left her with a vague and uncomfortable feeling of déja vu.

    With the threat of immediate death gone, Elise's brain took a moment to process the world around her. The Mad Colossus' sudden shift in attention, that thunderous burst of power that had echoed through the clearing. She'd felt that power before. Although Hisa didn't need to use quite so much to take control of her. What was her plan? Did she mean to lead Pyry off into the woods, away from herself and Mercedes to give them a chance to escape or-?

    The stinging smell of ozone was still there. A trail leading back to the source of this veil of mana. To where whoever or whatever had twisted recent events to a more tragic end was. That was the direction the Mad Colossus had gone.

    Oh, Hisa. You're brilliant! You just turned this whole awful situation inside out!

    She wanted to follow them. She wanted to know just who or what could and would warp history to take such a tragic turn. To know what would wield such a terrible power. More importantly, she needed to know that Hisa would be alright, that she'd make it out of there safely. That there was a chance they could still save Pyry from his twisted fate.

    I'm barely standing, one of my arms doesn't seem to want to move anymore, and it hurts to breath, thought Elise, feeling her frustration rise, I can't even muster up another healing spell, and I can barely fight. At this point, I'd be more of a liability than help... not to mention-

    Elise didn't want to consider the possibility that her own end could be twisted like Pyry's, so she shoved that thought aside.

    She glanced in the direction Mercedes had left and then back to where she had last seen Hisa.

    Good luck, Hisa, and godspeed.

    Elise took her own medicine and found it to be quite bitter. She pushed herself away from the tree she'd collided with and stumbled in the direction Mercedes had left in, back into the forest, and back towards the road. She paused, taking a moment to steady herself as she sheathed her dagger and took a sharp, painful breath. She glanced back in the direction that the Mad Colossus and Hisa had left in one last time, and then mustered up all her will to turn away and take a step in the other direction, moving as quickly as she could in her current state to try and catch up to Mercedes.

  12. #2112
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,125
    Blog Entries
    71
    Anna Vandemeel
    Location: Road's End - End's Mercy Hospital
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “But for the time being, we have a young brat we need to help out, no? And the less time we spend in this freakshow hospital, the better. I’ve opened the door. Shall we?”
    Travis was silent for a moment... a surprisingly long moment. However, eventually the thuggish young man simply shrugged his shoulders and let out a derisive snort. Though, for who the derision was aimed at... that was a different question. It was not directed at Anna, that was for sure - if Travis wanted to deride someone, he did it so very personally. So was it aimed at himself or... someone else?

    Well, that was not a question for now.

    "Yeah... yeah. You're right. Let's grab medicine for that brat and hightail it outta here," Travis answered. "The sooner we leave this creepland behind, the better. I've had it enough with shitty dark corridors and---"

    The words that Travis was about the say died on his lips. Before Anna's eyes, the tall boy suddenly froze solid, staring straight over the raven-haired girl's shoulder. His eye went wide as plates, and even in the dimly lit corridor Anna could see him flush pale. That look... that was the look of fear - fear of something unknown that defied the imagination. Only few things could cause a human to react in such a way... and almost all of those reasons belonged to the Turnside of the World. Thus, in just that single second that Anna saw Travis's expression change and heard him go quiet, her instincts kicked into overdrive. Warning signals flared up all across her brain tissue and in but a moment, she spun around....!

    --- And came face-to-face with a nightmarish sight.


    There was a person of pure darkness standing in the hallway, not even 10 meters from Anna. A silhouette of nothingness that blended into the darkly lit corridor. It had no details to itself, no defining features... it was a simple caricature of a man made to resemble a humanoid being in only the most rudimentary ways. A blot of black against the shadows of the building, sucking in even the tiniest bits of light that were out there. It was a sight that was almost cartoonish... if it hadn't been so disturbing.

    An opinion that Travis seemed to wholeheartedly agree with.

    "H-hey, Scarecrow... what the hell is that?" The delinquent asked, his voice a hushed whisper. "I... I know I talked this place being haunted and all that, but... Jesus... you gotta be shitting me..."

    The silhouette responded with nothing but a tilt of its head.

    "H-hey, asshole! Why don't you take off the gimp suit and show us your face you---" Travis started, but couldn't even finish his sentence. He knew that this was no costume, and that the thing before them was no human. "... Aww, fuck. What the hell did we get ourselves into...!?"

    Perhaps it had been the loud sound.

    Perhaps it had been the open hostility.

    Perhaps it had been Anna's eyes as they fell upon the familiar sight.

    ... The reason was unclear.

    But suddenly, the thing before them started to change, to morph, and it's true nature became very clear.





    It was danger.

  13. #2113
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,125
    Blog Entries
    71
    John Dove
    Location: J. Edgar Hoover Building - Fifth Floor
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date:
    24.07.1994? (SUN?)
    Weather: Sunny

    Quote Originally Posted by John
    “To be honest, I did not arrive here by my own means, and I fear the possibility that I may be mentally and/or physically compromised. That is why I must start with the following question: can you please tell me today’s date and current time?”
    The Director gazed at John through that mist of heavy tobacco smoke, her eyes as impassive and ice-like as always. Slowly she moved the pipe towards the ashtray on the desk and tapped against it three times. Ashes fell down, yet the smoke remained - creating a vale in which the platinum woman draped herself in. The two older men gazed in confusion at John and their boss, clearly surprised by the words that came out of the boy's mouth. However, the authority commanded by this tall woman... it was enough to make them say silent - for now.

    They were expecting her to talk first, after all.

    "... It is 09:45 - quarter to ten, in other words," the director finally answered, her voice as cold as her demeanor. "And this is 24th of July, as you should well know. In other words... it is quite clear that you are, at the very least, mentally compromised. Agent Briggs, be prepared to detain him should Mr. Dove make any attempts at my person over here."

    A slightly nervous laughter escaped from the lips of Special Agent Ferguson as he sat down on the sofa, gazing at John with a worried, yet intrigued, look in his eyes. While the bigger of the two agents had indeed taken his place next to John on the off-chance he might try something stupid, the lithe man of silver took all of this strangeness in with... surprising amount of amusement. The same sort of amusement that a detective novel buff would get out of reading a new, good mystery.

    "The fact that you're asking such things, John... I take it you found her, then? If our reports are right, this is something she might do, after all," Special Agent Ferguson asked, leaning his elbows against his knees. "So, what can you tell us? Where is she? What is she after? Did you see her or meet her in person?"

    Agent Briggs grunted in annoyance and shot a glare at his colleague.

    "Scottie! Now's not the time to talk about her! God's sake, Dove's been missing for ages and the first thing you want do is drill him for a report?"

    With an impish smile gracing his lips, Special Agent Ferguson nodded.

    "Somehow, someway, I have a feeling we won't be able to talk for a long time. See, last night, I had this dream... dream of a messenger dove bringing me a letter. But, before I could read that letter proper, it flew away, ripping the paper apart... and promptly collided with a car, speeding out of control," Ferguson said. "... I have a reason to believe there's something prophetic about this dream. In other words..."

    The attention of the man with silver-hair was, once again, upon John.

    "--- Let's talk about Miss Dot, shall we? What do you know?"

  14. #2114
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,125
    Blog Entries
    71
    Vivienne Bianchi
    Location: Road's End - Woods
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "... besides... Hwan protected you... and I made my presence known... if we were up to no good... would we do that?"
    A silence.

    A long, long silence.

    An uncomfortable silence during which both Travis and Hwan were glaring at each other and Vivienne, suspicion still clear in the air like a cloud of sparks crackling between the trio.

    But, finally...

    "--- Fine. You make a good point," Travis finally said, his shoulders sagging and a long sigh escaping his lips. "Besides, at least you seem the be the same loony that I met earlier. Or rather, have enough memories to prove so. Fuck... honestly, would've been easier if one of you guys had been the impostor. Clear culprits are what we need right now... not more vague clues and who-knows-what-the-hell mysteries."

    Hwan, who had been listening to this all with that same glowing glare still in his eyes, snorted and let a momentary chuckle - one that sounded more like a cackle - escape his mouth. It was the sound of someone who was so sick and tired of the situation that he had become amused by it... the same way one could be amused if they found themselves waist-deep in quicksand with no one around to help them out.

    "... You got that right, Gagnon. We've got enough mysteries around here to choke on them... and most of them revolve 'round people getting up and killed," the white-haired boy said bluntly. "Honestly, it's like pulling teeth when it comes to answers 'round here. I'd kill for some truth... and I'm not even joking. Since it seems everybody else is losing their morals, I might as well."

    ... He didn't sound like he was joking about it.

    And that was enough to make the air in the forest chill a bit.

    For someone to speak of killing in such a lax manner...

    --- Just who was Hwan Bin, in the first place?

    "W-well, causing more trouble aside, I think we need to come up with a plan of some sort. The school's no-go, that place is full of death," Travis spoke up, trying to press on. "And the fucking town feels like a death-trap too. That fog... ain't no way that stuff is natural. So, the question remains..."

    Travis's eyes scanned both Hwan and Vivienne.

    "... What the hell we're going to do?"

    It was a good question!

  15. #2115
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,125
    Blog Entries
    71
    Hisa Momoi VS Elise Pelltier VS Nationbreaker Lionheart (Round 3, Turn 8)
    Location: Ghostwood National Forest
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    The Mad Colossus dashed forward, just as it had been instructed.

    The absolute mindcontrol had given a definite order - strike back at the one who had caused all of this. Therefore, as long as The Nationbreaker was able to discern the location of this culprit, they could fulfill the order, even if the one from who the order originated from didn't know this information. It was an unsteady rope to walk on, that's for sure, but as long as the conditions were met, it was possible for the Black Giant to perform the task set for his mind. And that was why he had charged for, making a beeline towards the spot where the smell of ozone was the strongest. A mad dash that left ruined forest in its wake, crashing through trees and making the pine and sycamore collapse on a trail behind him. Such focused insanity, brains wracked both by the nightmare it had been trapped into and given solace by the familiar-yet-firm control someone he trusted had of him...

    --- It would've been beautiful to look at if it hadn't been so hilarious.

    It quite is, is it not?

    Someone who had almost been made to kill his friends was saved by someone forcing their mind over his, erasing any free will that he had... and thus saving them all.

    It was like the best black comedy, one that could have made just about anyone laugh.

    Yes... it was funny, a little bit too funny.

    Funny enough that it served as a momentary distraction.

    "▂▂▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅▅▅▅▅!"

    Before anyone even properly realized it, the giant had found its target.

    About 30 meters from the clearing was where the scent of the ozone, the smell of mana made manifest, was the strongest - and thus where the origin point of it. While the source itself was invisible, there was no fooling the nose of King of Phantasmal Beasts... hell, even a normal human would have been able to pinpoint it that close. After all, changing past was a form of magic so strong that it left an unmistakable mark on the world. Even the physical presence of mana was part of it. After all, normally it would have been turned into prana, but now... now it was like the breath of a dragon - something undeniable and terribly, horrifyingly strong.

    Another roar - it was an instinct that even the mind control could not stop. Or rather, it was an automated sound generated by the armor itself. Why the King of Phantasmal Beasts nobody but he himself knew, but it must had something to do with the function of his armor. Still, at this moment, at this second, the roar was that of victory and of bloodlust - or at the very least it felt like so.



    He had found the target that had been appointed to him by the absolute order.

    He raised one of those massive fists to crush the enemy that had tormented them so.

    He lunged forward, meaning to drive that armored fist of his through the unseen opponent, and rend them apart to stop this tragedy from growing any further.

    With that one strike, he was about to shatter the one who had changed the past, and win back their future---!

    .....................................

    ...............................

    .........................

    ...................

    .............

    .......

    ...

    What a crock of shit.

    Did he really think I'd let him just punch me like that?

    ...


    Let's up the ante, shall we?

    Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we?

    Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we?

    Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we?


    Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we? Let's up the ante, shall we?


    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !
    G
    O
    !





    Suddenly.

    The world is filled with light.

    Hundreds upon hundreds of rays of pure photonic energy shoot out to slice the atoms of the moron in front of me, erasing his existence in a blink of an eye like a well-oiled machine that reduces him to his very atoms and then goes on to grind them all, individually, to dust. Of course, that's not exactly what's happening, but hell, I like to think that it is. As that colossal black form is swallowed up by light that shoots out from around me in an array of 320 individuals beams, all divided equally between each percent of his physical form, I find myself chuckling like an idiot. Well, it's pretty hilarious, isn't it? He thought he could lay a finger on me, and the moment he gets to take his revenge, I instead turn the tables on him and completely trounce his ass.

    Oh, this is the best. This is just the best.

    The overflow hurts so good.

    Hah! I'm loving this shit!

    This whole area of Ghostwood is bathed in an iridescent rainbow brilliance thanks to me unleashing my powers and those same beams of photons and energy shoot out towards the sky, no doubt drawing way too much attention for anyone that might be passing by. But hey, that's why I chose a remote location like this to lay my trap, right? Anyone who might see it is as good as dead already, so skin off my back.

    Oh... finally. There we go.

    The Absolute Rule of Light is dying down.

    There isn't even a scorched, smoldering corpse left behind. Not even a speck of dust or ash remains of the moron.

    Well... there better not remain. The guy's regeneration is absolutely bonkers. If even the tiniest speck of him remains, he can regenerate himself since his existence can still be observed by the World.

    That's why, if you wanna kill him, you have to completely erase his physical body - leave not even a drop of blood behind.

    And that's exactly what I did.

    I erased him.

    I took over three-hundred beams of light and aimed them at him, each of them erasing small portion of him and making it into nothing. I could have split his atoms to cause a bigger boom, but eh... better not do that. Not when I'm in the blast radius myself. Prana-poisoning is such a bitch to suffer through.

    But really...

    Did people really think that brute as tough to kill? I wonder why? I mean...

    --- Why does nobody just start with their strongest attack on their opening Turn?

    Way easier to kill idiots like that.

    But now then... where was I...?

    Oh, right.

    The bacon-face is still here.

    Somewhere out there, in the forest, hiding from me...

    Shit. I should've trained my perception more. I can't exactly flaunt my superiority if I can't even see her. Well, something to work on in the future.

    Must be quite the sight for her, though...

    Her boytoy (literal in this case) charged ahead all victorious, only to eat 320 lasers in the face that erased his physical body and existence in a matter of 0.7 seconds. The only thing she could do was to watch that, see that not even smoke remained of the hunk, hear my screeching laughter and then watch as my form shimmers into view in the middle of the concentrated mana. I mean... invisibility doesn't last if you attack or cast spells - that's just common sense, right? Old school rules, as they say.

    Now then... how to go about this?

    I should make my entrance suitably epic. I have all these eyes on me, watching me make my grand entrance, right? Gotta appear as mysterious and threatening as possible.

    Well... it's not like my voice doesn't carry a potent creep factor, right?

    So... that's why I float forward. I let my eyes scan the forest, trying to pick up where the girl is.

    And then, after letting the silence linger on for a suitable amount...

    ------------- I speak up a simple greeting.





    [Hit! Nationbreaker Lionheart: 1 - 15 = 1 x 10 x 32 = 320 Nuclear Damage (PHYS Defense)!]
    [100% of Physical Body Erased!]
    [Nationbreaker Lionheart Dies!]
    [Mongrel like he was!]




    Guess Who!




    Check This Out!
    Me
    STR: ? END: ? AGI: ? WIL: ? INT: ? EGO: ?


    Spells:

    Mana Fission (?)
    Rank:
    E
    Element:
    Light
    Mana Cost:
    ???
    Doubles the spell that is cast next. Further information pending...

    235 Bombardment (?)
    Rank:
    E
    Element:
    Nuclear
    Mana Cost:
    ???
    Launches 10 magical missiles towards an enemy that each deal 1 Nuclear Element damage upon hit. Further information pending...

  16. #2116
    men are men; the best sometimes forget Katie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    kerokero
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,506
    Blog Entries
    1
    Lucille Faraday
    Location: Pinefall High Dormitory
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast


    “You shouldn’t worry about monsters,” Lucille says, taking in the information she has been given. Vier, despite her status as a member of the Turnside as she just so admitted, was better at dealing with people. Made sense. No point into digging into her history anyway—those things were not important at the moment. Survival involved ignoring certain facts over moral principle. But it was very good Vier was with her, then, because—

    “I exist to kill them, after all.”

    Her voice is almost too confident, burning with a zeal long repressed. Though, the look on her face, the sudden pride—almost arrogance—slowly draws into a frown. She needs control. She was confident once, and look at who paid the price. Never again.

    “I can get rid of some of the fog… but not very effectively. Not enough to help you very well, I think,” she says, straightforward as ever. “But lead the way. I’ll do my best to deal with the problem.”
    [Feb/Wed/04|07:00:04] <Lianru> it's ok with each stalker call I feel like we get a little closer
    [Feb/Wed/04|07:00:06] <Lianru> never give up

    asians before testing week

  17. #2117
    Lost in the Elizabeths Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Castle Csejte Pyramid Himeji Castle
    Posts
    6,125
    Blog Entries
    71
    Lucille Faraday & Vier Wolff
    Location: Pinefall High Dormitory
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    Even in the fog, the tracks were easy enough to follow.

    Tracks of a larger humanoid being (at least when compared to Subaru), perhaps a man or a tall woman, made a beeline towards the gates of the campus grounds. It was a clear attempt at getting out of the school and its area, and if the person who had made them was the one who had kicked Tonkori... perhaps an attempt at putting some distance themselves and the wounded animal. With Lucille taking the point and Vier guiding them after the tracks, making their way after the tracks was easy enough.

    Yes, easy enough... like the person hadn't even tried to hide their tracks.

    And the reason for that became quite clear as well when the two girls finally reached the old iron gates that led out of the school grounds and towards the town of Road's End proper.

    After all...

    --- There was no one there. Not a single soul.

    And more than that... the tracks simply stopped, like the person had just vanished.

    No, not just vanished. There was something there on the soft ground... it looked almost like something large beating the air, creating gusts of wind and thus disturbing the dirt itself with their strength. These markings appeared right after the gates, and were right where the footprints ended. Like... like the person who had escaped had just grown wings and flown off into the sky.

    And it was not like in this thick fog either of the girls could even see the sky.

    ... A fog that was now pressing in on them from all sides, making them almost lose each other into the opaque mist.

  18. #2118
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Mellon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,020
    Blog Entries
    1
    Anna Vandemeel
    Location: Road's End - End's Mercy Hospital
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    "... Aww, fuck. What the hell did we get ourselves in----"

    There was no response from Anna. For the moment that the blue-haired boy uttered those words...



    ...the entire hallway erupted in a sea of brilliant fire.

    In a manner almost reminiscent of an emerging whirlpool, the very air that surrounded the raven-haired girl was suddenly lit aflame in what could only be called a vortex of ruby flames, bathing the dark hospital hallway around them a brilliant, golden light. Her form blurred as the heat emitted by the roaring fire around her caused the space surrounding her to shimmer, as the fire seemed to coiled itself around Anna in an almost possessive manner, just as if the corona that surrounded her had a will of its own.

    The flows of numen coursed through her body in a raging torrent that Anna could swear she could almost hear. If there was anyone who could sense the flows of mana she was putting out at the moment, they could probably feel what she was doing a mile away.

    No matter. One did not play around when the shades of the turnside came knocking on your door. And these shadows of the Orient, while perhaps not the strongest opponents she had ever run into, still posed a threat all of their own. While last time, she was still trying to figure out their overall capabilities and elemental composition… Well, their capabilities were more of a known factor this time.

    Besides, being cursed by these things once was already more than enough for her.

    And so, the raven-haired witch of disaster snapped her fingers…

    ...causing the vortex of fire to lash out as if it was a well-trained hound.



    A raging plume of roaring flame shot forward through the hallway, lighting up the white walls of the hospital in the wake of its passing. In a mere moment, the mysterious flame had already crossed the brief distance between the two of them, striking the shadowy beast. A flash of intense light filled the corridor before the figure in front of them was enveloped in a brilliant swirling pillar of blazing gold and red.

    However, the beast in front of her was not actually her primary concern. No, for if it was anything like the last time…

    With the red-gold flames still dancing around her form, Anna lashed out once more. However, this time it was hardly a wave of blazing fire and roaring numen. Instead, it was a far more physical thing, a kick to be precise, which caused the wooden door in front of her to slam open with a loud crack, as it struck hard against the wall, revealing the storage room behind it. The torrent of flames that surrounded her died down somewhat, almost as if allowing Travis to approach both the girl and the open doorway next to her.

    “These shades usually hunt in packs. We need to grab what medicine we can and make a beeline for the exit. Fast.” Anna’s voice was sharp, almost brusque, as she addressed the blue-haired boy. “How long do you think it will take you to find what you need?”





    New Ability Revealed!

    Pööripäeva Leek
    Rank: C
    Element: Fire
    Mana Cost: ???
    Color: Red (Destruction)

    A spell that taps into one of the oldest and most long lasting traditions of Estonia - Jaanituli. The setting of massive bonfires during the eve summer solstice is a custom that dates back to pre-christian times and is one of the few customs to survive into the modern era more or less intact (outside the changes made to the name of the holiday itself).

    As a supernatural ability, Pööripäeva Leek is rather basic in nature, allowing the user to create and manipulate a torrent of flame aimed at a distant opponent. Additional information pending...

  19. #2119
    Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Where Lilies Bloom
    Posts
    820
    ---
    Vivienne Bianchi

    Date: 11.09.1994 (SAT)

    Location:
    Road's End - Woods

    Phase
    :
    Evening Phase
    Weather: Overcast
    ---


    "... What the hell we're going to do?"
    "... maybe... some people went to the sheriff's station? If... trouble everywhere... then without doubt... someone must be there?"

    Where else could they go? There was the possibility as well that they could just leave the town but... Vivienne wanted to know what had happened to the others, to Hisa, Pyry, and Ubon. Where had these three gone? What about the other students? It was not something logical to desire, but it was proof nonetheless that there was a trace of care and compassion within Vivienne Bianchi, no matter how distant she acted.

    "Unless... you don't want to go there either?"

    It would be no good if the group couldn't find an itinerary to agree on -- Vivienne was thus open to any suggestions as well. There wasn't really any 'right' destination in situations like this after all, was there?

  20. #2120
    Progressive Shattering Kuroyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Planeptune
    Posts
    1,537
    Blog Entries
    3
    Vier Wolff
    Location: Pinefall High Dormitory
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 11.09.1994 (SUN)
    Weather: Overcast

    Now that I found the tracks themselves, following the tracks were easy. Actually it was too easy… It was almost as if the person who did this didn’t even make an attempt to hide themselves. Either they were confident in their ability to hide in the mist itself or it was confidence that it didn’t matter either way. I wasn’t sure until we came across the person or I lost the trail.

    Once we reached the school gates, I found the answer. It wasn’t that tracks disappeared, but more like the person who hypothetically kidnapped Subaru Iburi flew off. Where? That’s a good question because something flying would normally be noticeable by anyone on the ground unless they were flying at extreme altitude… But this fog made it impossible to see Lucille Faraday let alone the sky above. So I did the smart thing upon finding out that my companion could only remove the mist in a limited amount.

    “Lucille we’re going to have to cut our losses and head back. I can’t track someone who can fly too well in good weather let alone this mist. So stay close otherwise I can't promise we'll get back safely.”

    We’re going to have to move quickly because I'm a little worried at the how we just left Aleen and Tonkori by themselves just to come back empty handed. This could've been one elaborate feint to get access to the dorms with minimal effort... especially since I fortified it. Until we reach the dorms, I'm just going to have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •