Page 176 of 244 FirstFirst ... 76126166171174175176177178181186226 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 09.09.1994 (FRI)
    Weather: Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Halloway
    "Oh, no, not at all. Just leave it here and I'll take it to her room in a few moments. Or I can place a call for her if she wants to meet you, but I think she stepped out for a moment... it might be a while. You know how it is. We do have some guest confidentiality unless it's a dire situation, and the Omkaras specifically requested we'd inform them of any guests or messages."
    “I promise I won’t bother the guest. If I don’t hear a response at their door, I’ll just come back and leave it for her to pick up at the desk. Besides, wouldn’t this be a great way for me to familiarize myself with the hotel’s layout a little bit?”

I decided to carefully push the issue just a little bit. If I have to repeat this delivery again, I would like to skip the middleman and deliver it directly as soon as I can. Alternatively, know who Aleen was trying to contact so that I could verbally pass on a message next time.

I decided to look at the paper mess that Rachel Halloway was going through.

“Granted, I might have to tidy up the desk a little bit so that it doesn’t get lost in that stack of papers... ”

I looked back up at Rachel Halloway.

“...That’s if you’re fine with me helping you organize things. I don’t want to organize things to my liking and then it cripples your ability to help customers due to unfamiliarity.”

Also this would keep me around the front desk area where I could potentially meet the Kicking Bastard or Aleen's friend Kajal Omkaras. Either of the two would be potentially beneficial for me to meet. I just need to find a way to exploit it.

Elaine Winters
    Date: 08.09.1994 (FRI)

I lapped some more at the foul-tasting bean juice as I regarded Travis over the rim.

“Well,” I hummed, “You’re not the only person around here looking for someone, so I get where you’re coming from.”

I snorted to myself, “Probably heard already from how I been showing it off to anyone who’s even a little interested,” and that I had reason to believe probably wouldn’t stab me in the back, but I digressed, “But yeah, you see some shady asshole who sleeps around too much and likes to use fake names it takes maybe three brain cells to see through…”

I slid the picture to him.

“Tell him his baby sister’s gonna kick him in the head.”

I chortled a bit to myself, fingers flexing and relaxing around the mug in nervous tension not entirely coffee-derived.

“It’s why I was going to check out that scene last night,” I added, “What I was intendin’ the other night before came across the little miss there.”

I frowned, tilting the last bit of the coffee into my gaping maw.

“Was hoping I’d find something on him, but just another ‘hey I was here’, like I couldn’t have already figured that out by knowing anything about-“

I sighed, shaking my head ruefully.

Granted, more than that there, but considering it’s not exactly safe for public consumption, I’d keep it to myself.

“But, anyway, just a scene where a guy was definitely killed, with some shit almost definitely from that hospital. Kean’s got the idea that along with that whole scene at the hospital the other night, Law is at the very least looking the other way when it comes to that place.”

Which, admittedly, somewhat obvious, but always good to have more evidence.

“Wanted to go ahead and clue you and yours into what was going on with that,” I continued, “Get ready to draw up our plan of attack, so to speak.”

But again, had places to be.

“Big cheese might have something,” I noted, “I’ll see what I can sniff out depending on how this detention turns out.”

I placed the mug down, swept a hand back through my hair, then nodded to myself.

Right.

“Can’t exactly draw up battle plans right now, pressed for time and all, but I’ll see about hitting y’all up once my jail time is finished, grab my people and all.”

Better go and attend to that other business too, lest I get complained at even more.

“Got a meeting with a Scarecrow though.”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

“Sure,” I nodded, “Honestly, the precautions might have been unnecessary in the first place.”

It was understandable. Confining people into small rooms for longer periods of time was just unfair. They had things going on just the same way, and even if they didn’t, there was still the fact that it wasn’t exactly entertaining to just sit around all day.

“Getting somewhere with all this is a lot more important than worrying about having to explain ourselves.”

Taking a long sip of my tea, I hesitated for a moment before mumbling one more thought.

“Besides, I could probably take care of things without even having to explain.”

The question was just how much I was willing to give up on my morals.

“Anyways, what’s up then?”

My eyes shifted from Pyry, who was now leaving to get some more food to Ru, then to Ubon, who was snickering for some reason.

“And what are you grinning like that for?” I said as I pouted just a bit, “You sure are extremely energetic today, aren’t you?”

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye
    Phase: Morning

"The weird ones are the most fun."

She smiles.

The more she hears about this agent the more entertaining the future appears to be... Of course, she had figured him for a weirdo after hearing him talk about his dreams yesterday, but that was fine...

She liked weirdos.

Was a bit weird herself really, came with the Turnside if nothing else-!

"People keep calling me some sort of fairy tale princess anyway, so not like I don't have my own apparent quirks..."

Yep.

Princess.

Although she was definitely a knight, fighting em on it was quickly proving to be a waste of time-!

"A guy that takes both his coffee and his breakfast seriously can't be a a bad guy anyway."

She laughs.

The secret to good food is love after all... Or so they say...

Passion might be more correct.

As for the other two...

"Might head on down that way now then, see if I can make another new friend before my shift. Cute boss, cool older guy, it'd be a good day."

Seems like V is doing her best to get into the books, so she'll leave her to it-!

"Vivi, V, if either of you need me, just come get me okay?"

Not like her and Vivi's destination was actually different but...

It was a sentiment she wanted to get across all the same.
    Last edited by Airen; January 29th, 2021 at 01:37 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"...sleep tight."

I linger a bit too long, watching that fluffy mane swaying in the nonexistent breeze. It's like back in Alaska, where I'd just watch the dogs all piled together in the morning, sleeping without a care in the world. A calming time. Dangerously calming.

Eventually, I turn the knob, crack open the door, and after looking both ways to make sure no one can see, leave and close and lock it behind me. The hall isn't as warm as before. Not when murderous shadows might appear in it at any moment. But Ahti should be safe for now. What remains is... things to be done, and a very bad day.

I spend a few minutes walking the hall, knocking on doors. Someone should know what I found out last night. In case something goes wrong, as it likely will. And yet, no one answers. Not Vivi. Not Hisa. Not Lucille. Not Lia. Everyone's gone. To their own business, probably. I did spend some time in my room this morning, maybe more than necessary. This is the result: there's no one to talk to. No one to entrust with this information. Just me again.

"...well, maybe after class."

Plan B then.

My fingers brush against a doorknob as I descend to the first floor, the boy's dorms. I hope, feebly, that I can sense a fresh scent on it, but... nothing since last night.

John's not there either. Maybe Colt... no, there's noise coming from his room, and he's too much of an unknown anyway.

Somehow, all of my allies are either gone or out of the picture this morning. There's no one. Just like before.

Should I just confront him directly, then?

As I consider that option, finding no other, my feet stop of their own accord. A door caught my eye.

It's the room of one of the boys I've never talked to. He seemed nasty so I never had any interest in him. But...

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi
    "...said he was sent to protect you... did you know?"
    "..."

This is stupid. But stupid is the only path left now. I'll wait until class is over. Give life another chance to prove the awful conclusion from last night wrong. Maybe pass along that information to an ally, if they return to class. Settle all my affairs and say goodbye to Ahti. Then confront him.

But this morning, I'll start slowly, and go for two Hail Marys in a row.

My fingers reach out and knock softly against Hwan Bin's door.

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Tsukioka
    "... And thus broke the girl she had sworn to protect."
    A dagger in the dark can be worth a thousand swords at dawn. Where else would the ninja maid be when treachery is afoot? At home, or at her mistress' side?

"I'm so sorry, Sakura, that's a terrible burden to bear. I can't even imagine-"

Elise shut her eyes in an effort to hold back her tears, "I-I don't know what else you could have done. If he went so far as to throw his lot in with them like that, to supply them with an anti-divinity weapon to use against Lucille, to join them in their attack against her... Michael Lowgate made his choices and I doubt you could have dissuaded him from his course of action. Even- even..."

... even if he claimed to have loved you.

Elise trailed off, letting the sound of the rain outside creep back into the empty classroom once more.

"I've spent a long time keeping secrets, and I don't think that's helped me very much. Or anyone for that matter," admitted Elise, "Lucille... Lucille should know the truth about what happened. I-I can't imagine it will cause her anything but more misery, knowing the truth about Michael Lowgate, but it'd be better if she learns it from you or I and not from him."

"--- As for the prophecy, I don't know the specifics. However, it was a prophecy that close to the year 2000, a great and terrible evil would awaken in North-Western United States. A named demon, recorded into those cursed annals, and that it would appear in a town where the Lowgate family hailed from... Road's End."
    The rain continued its assault on the classroom window. Elise felt all too aware of each individual drop as it slammed into the glass panes.

"That-that hits a little close to home," muttered Elise, "I can see why Michael had so much trouble convincing people about his grandfather's prophecy. There's a lot of people who make claims of a great and terrible evil awakening here, there, and everywhere. If you told me about that before-"

Elise motioned vaguely to everything. At herself, the classroom, Pinefall, Road's End, and the squatter that lived inside her head.

"-all of this, I don't think I would have taken it that seriously. Now that I am here however... Well, it does line up disturbingly well... I suppose Michael never shared the name of the demon his grandfather said would incarnate in Road's End? Are we going to have to track down these 'cursed annals'? Or is that just a distraction? I think I've got a pretty good idea where we might need to look for them, but there's only so much time before Sunday... This-this could all just be an absolutely terrifying coincidence."

This town is too small for coincidences.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “And what are you grinning like that for? You sure are extremely energetic today, aren’t you?”
    "Noooothing~"

Ubon giggled again, hiding her grin behind her hand. Her eyes then darted towards Ru, who returned her gaze with cheerful confusion, and then towards Pyry, who was returning with a tray full of food for the other boy. Then, she settled her gaze at the other girl and let out another warm laugh. It was like she was teasing Hisa... though teasing wasn't something that came naturally to her. If anything, it was just some light-hearted ribbing.

"I guess I just figured something out, for realsies~" Ubon continued, flashing those pearly whites at Hisa. "Your type or somesuch~"

Well, this seemed a bit troublesome.

Luckily, Ru didn't seem to get it, and Pyry hadn't heard what the cyanhead had said properly. Instead the tall boy sat down and slid the tray across the table for Ru, who let out a quick bow before salivating at the sight of bacon, freshly-made bread and all the other sort of condiments prepared for him. Taking one big swig from the glass of milk, he tore into the food with lots of gusto.

"Hm? Something up?" Pyry asked with a cocked eyebrow, glancing between Hisa and Ubon. "It's rare to see Hisa look pouty..."

"Nothing at all~! Just girl stuff, girl stuff!" Ubon laughed, waving her hands as if to move on from the topic. "Nothing you guys have to worry about!"

Looking even more confused, Pyry glanced at Ru, who simply shrugged at him.

"Hh dhnn hthr!" The other boy happy replied, mouth so full of food his cheeks were ballooning. "Bht th sshm lkh ghhd fhrnds!"

"A-alrighty then...?" Pyry said, a bit weirded out. He took a bite of the bread on his plate and then turned to Hisa. "By the way, I had a bit of an idea. If we're gonna be resting today, if we need something, maybe Ru could do it? I don't mean heading out somewhere dangerous on his own, but like... if there's something small we need to take care of, or something to look up. It's one of the advantages of having friends, right?"

Pyry nodded towards the duo sitting on the other side of the table.

"Since we can't be everywhere at once, we can divide some tasks between the group."

Elaine Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    “Got a meeting with a Scarecrow though.”
    Travis's face soured.

"Ahh, that bitch huh... she's way too aggressive about her own investigations. Dunno what she's on about, but the way she keeps sticking that oversized nose into everything... she's gonna get herself burned. In a bad way," Travis said, shaking his head slightly and with an expression of distaste on his face. "You're a big girl, so I'm not gonna tell you to watch yourself, but... just make sure you don't dragged into whatever fire she's headed off to. Because I've seen people like her, and that's their usual fate."

With a perhaps bit more force than was necessary, Travis threw the spoon into the bowl of cereal.

"... And she's also the type of an awkward moron that some other moron will probably try to jump in her stead just to push her out. Whoever's stupid enough to do so."

With a little bit of a sigh, Travis set the breakfast in front of Stephanie, who had already taken a seat at the table while still happily munching on her candy bar. Afterwards he sat on his chair as well, taking another swig of the coffee and enjoying its taste.

Travis seemed the often-high-strung type, so him enjoying coffee wasn't a surprise.

"Anyways, sounds like a plan. I'll keep the brat here safe for while you're out, though don't expect me to start taking bullets if that security crew from the hospital storms the dorms or something. And if I hear something of this brother, I'll be sure to give you a holler. Still, you go do whatever it is that you need doing. We can look into what the hell we're gonna do later tonight," he continued, gazing absent-mindedly at the little girl who had moved onto the actual breakfast. "Oh, and, uh... while you're out. Keep an eye out for that Chipmunk, alright? Y'know, the brunette gal in our class. Saw her heading to the main building some time ago, and..."

The spiky-haired thug frowned, as if even he himself didn't know why he was saying this.

"... Looked like something was going on with her too. Looked both a bit afraid and worried. Like someone about to do something they don't wanna get caught on. In other words, an amateur trying to do something illegal."

A strange sort of observation... but then again, something a person like Travis would most likely notice.

Prushka

"... Huh?"

A surprised grunt came from the other side of the door. A grunt not belonging to someone who had been in the middle of sleeping, but the grunt of someone who had been interrupted doing something they probably should not have been doing. Afterwards, there was a clear sound of a table being cleared of junk and then the banging of a closet's door opening and closing. Whatever was going on, it seemed that Prushka had come at a bit of a troublesome time.

Then, after few more seconds of waiting, footfalls approached the door. Lock on the door rattled, and...

"Who the hell is it---"

The door swung open, revealing a rather annoyed face with magenta eyes, white spiky hair and a scowl on his face that was, in more than a few ways, a bit magnificent.

However... that scowl didn't stay for long.

After all, the moment Hwan Bin saw Prushka's face, that expression dropped.

Just for a second.

No, not even a second.

Only a fraction of a moment.

--- In that small sliver of time, Hwan had the expression that just screamed: Oh shit, I've been caught!

Then, just as quickly however, the expression was gone, and the scowl had returned. Now it was also adorned with a cocky grin.

"Well, if it ain't the class's mascot midget? To what do I owe this honor?" Hwan asked, leaning against his doorframe with folded arms. "I'll tell you now, if that pudding in the fridge was yours, I ain't the one who ate it. Even if that's my favorite kind since it tastes great. But nah, wasn't me."

It was like he was purposefully trying to be as annoying as possible...

Elise Pelltier

"What comes to telling milady... No."

Sakura's words and tone were final.

There was no arguing this. Her eyes, which pierced through Elise, were those of a woman who had long since made her decision to take this horrible secret to her grave.

"I've already taken too much from her. I've already hurt her too much. It's... it's my fault that she's so broken right now. My fault she can't live the life she deserves. I'm not going to hurt her more. She doesn't need to know," Sakura said, the steel in her voice quivering a little bit... as if she was holding back her tears. "She... Lucille is like my little sister. In some ways, even my daughter. And I failed her, in the most selfish way possible. I'm not going to let anything in this world hurt her anymore. Not as long as I draw breath."

In that moment, Elise could see it. She could see the almost madness-like determination that drove Sakura Tsukioka. Even if she didn't realize it herself... Sakura Tsukioka was just as broken as Lucille Faraday was. Every single second of her life was spent in penance for the sin she had committed. Sin that she couldn't help, because her love had been too great - thus she had taken the burden of that day all on her own shoulders. Perhaps there lay the ultimate reason as to why she was as she was, living her life without properly committing to any future plans.

She had no future. Not in her own eyes.

She would continue serving Lucille, continue supporting Lucille, continue trying to heal Lucille until the day she died.

Because that was her onus - her penance.

And thus, she could become a woman capable of killing even friends and loved ones if it came to that.

"... And what comes to the prophecy, I simply meant books like Ars Goetia with the term 'cursed annals'. Michael never mentioned a name, but... I have a bad feeling as well that we now know what it is. After all, as ridiculous that prophecy was, ridiculous enough to let a family of inquisitors ruin themselves because of it and have their name driven to mud thanks to the agents of local Mormons and the reaction of Vatican, it still... it still turned out to hit quite close to home," Sakura continued. "Makes me wonder if the other things that Michael told me were true too. After all... he did say that his grandfather had procured something which would be able to defeat the demon. A weapon mentioned in the fragment of scrolls he had gotten his hands on. A fragment of those scrolls from the Judaean Desert. Michael claimed that following that fragment, his grandfather had found something called..."

The wind picked up and threw a barrage of water straight at the windows, as if to simulate the sound of a lightning striking somewhere nearby.

"... Salpinx of Woe."

Elaine Winters

“Better be careful then,” I intoned, “I’m the kind of idiot who’d try and do something like that. Got a real bad habit of poking my nose into things.”

I smiled crookedly, “Only got it chopped off once! Good ratio, in my humble opinion.”

And something about a ‘chipmunk’? I sifted through my memories idly for someone who’d match the description, shifting my balance slightly as I settled on a likely suspect.

“Ah, her, huh? Yeah, she does like the sort of person to go and do something well-intentioned and poorly thought out.”

She’s also one of my suspects for ratting me out.

I nodded agreeably, “I’ll keep an eye on her for ya, lover boy, sure.”

And with that last bit of business, I rose to my feet, gathering myself, “Welp, I’m off to have a shady meeting with suspicious people, same as any other Friday, see ya in a bit.”

I reached over to my little friend, ruffling her hair playfully.

Then, without further ado, I sauntered out to my second meeting of the morning.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille’s eyes almost bulge out of their sockets when she glimpses part (and thankfully only part) of the other girl from behind the door. Colt aggressively asserts his place was not in the bed but on the floor. She takes a deep breath. Clear head, clear mind. Colt probably is telling the truth. Gradient also seemed rather upset, but wouldn’t it be more than a poke in the belly if something worse happened? In fact, didn’t that other girl come with Gradient?

She eyes the now closed door like there is a monster behind it, before returning to give Colt a hard time.

“I should tell Sakura about this,” she not-so-discreetly mutters under her breath, just to see his reaction. Her mouth curls into a slight grin. But with that jab out of the way, she figures she might as well get to being productive.

“Well, I believe you. Maybe we can put her in my room instead,” Lucille offers, because that seems to be the best way to resolve unfortunate issues with the scenario. At the same time she digs through her school bag for a notebook and a pen, scribbling out a message in Enochian for Gradient to read.

What was Sammy like?

“Gradient, if you don’t mind,” she says, calling the other girl and offering the pen and paper. All the while she glances at the wrapped sword leaning against the wall, and the armor. She wonders if it’s an Arc-Relic too, or something along those lines. She supposed that the answer lay when the other girl came out of the shower…

“Siblings, huh,” Lucille mutters, thinking about the other girl’s words. Not that she hadn’t suspected it, but she and Gradient were quite different… Then again, what the Lord did was not for her to question.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This person, Ramia Ramalsaqr, believes every single word coming out of her mouth. This raises the question: how did this person become the person from that Sunday that no longer was?

It is a pointless question in that he cannot provide an answer for it. However…the answer to that question is the obstacle they have to overcome to make through Sunday alive.

To this date, John Dove still does not know about the powers contained in the “artifact.” For that matter, he carries no certainty as to whether the “artifact” holds any power at all. Nothing said by The One Clad in the Shadow of the Moon effectively and irrefutably confirms or denies either possibility. However, what matters right now is that Ramia Ramalsaqr believes it has power.

John Dove’s mind works in a particular way: he takes everything at face value, only later adjusting his perspective when faced with proof that things are not as he originally assumed. It is not precisely “naiveté”; rather, he goes with the flow and adapts to it, for good or ill. Ramia Ramalsaqr believes the artifact carries power, so John Dove will believe it as well. It is, however, the “magnitude” of that power that remains into question, considering what His Savior told him that Sunday. If the trinket in his pocket does have any measure of supernatural power, though, and it is in some way linked to “the curse of death surrounding John Dove,” then…

“Not really,” is his eventual counter to Ramalsaqr’s expression of worry. “I am alive and healthy. Those words should be directed at the ones who lost someone. Nonetheless, I thank you for your concern.”

It is good to confirm, nevertheless, that the Ramia Ramalsaqr of today is a person who can be reasoned with.

“Ramalsaqr, I must know: what exactly is this thing?” he inquires. “My…

—only—

“…most important person, She told me it is a ‘shackle’, and that ‘it carries death with it’, but that could mean any number of things.”

Of course, he also knows what Ramia herself said on that Sunday, but he wants to compare what she said back then to what she would say now with a different frame of mind. Besides, a part of him thinks the artifact itself may be the lesser concern.

“What does it do? What is its history? How can it be used by those knowledgeable of its workings? What are your motives to look for it? What do you intend to do with it, and how? If it were truly dangerous, why would I hand it over to somebody else, and expose that person to its dangers?”

He will not be swayed with words like “I know better, so hand it to me.” Now that he nor any of his classmates is at gunpoint, he will not make any decisions in ignorance. He wants to do what he believes is correct, without involving others unnecessarily.

“In other words, please convince me that relinquishing it to you is the correct course of action.”

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Hwan's door opens. Behind it is a magnificent scowl, and something else.

A surprised expression. Visible for just a fraction of a second before it hides behind the confident grin of a delinquent. But that moment is enough to confirm that Vivi's words hadn't been empty.

Hwan Bin folds his arms and leans against the door frame, eyeing me up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwan
    "Well, if it ain't the class's mascot midget? To what do I owe this honor? I'll tell you now, if that pudding in the fridge was yours, I ain't the one who ate it. Even if that's my favorite kind since it tastes great. But nah, wasn't me."
    "Hm, you like pudding, Hwan?"

I tilt my head to the side to reorient my thoughts, but it's useless. The image in my mind is the opposite of what it should be. Instead of a tough thug or a rebellious punk or even a secret undercover agent, I can only picture this grumpy boy sitting in rocket print pajamas, chowing down on something sweet while watching a romantic comedy or Saturday morning cartoon.

I blink.

"That's... unexpectedly cute. Do you have a favourite superhero, too, or...?"

Ok, hold on, Prushka. I don't know much about Hwan Bin, but I have heard about his temper. Any more teasing and he might punch me. And while I don't particularly mind making people angry, it's not why I'm here.

So I just shrug.

"W-well, the mystery of whose pudding you ate isn't the one I'm interested in, so you're off the hook for that particular heist. It'll solve itself once we hear angry yelling from the kitchens."

And blink again, folding my arms.

"Besides, there are much more interesting mysteries to be investigating around here, aren't there?"

Hisa Momoi

“M-my type?”

How exactly did she come to that conclusion?

“I don’t think I really have a type,” I scratched my cheek sheepishly, “Can people even really have types? Everyone is unique, so wouldn’t that mean an infinite categories?”

No, that’s not even the point.

Ru was just an acquaintance by chance, so it didn’t really have anything to do with my preferences in the first place.

With a small sigh, I acknowledged that I was fighting a lost battle here. Or rather, giving up was the best option. There was no convincing Ubon without getting derailed into a long “girl stuff” discussion.

“Still…more so than availability, the question is what is there to do without going out too far,” I said as I moved on to the more important matter at hand, “Not a lot of things come to mind, especially if I were to try and tie them to what we already know.”

I sighed again, but more out of frustration this time.

Then, as I remembered something, my eyes turned back to Ubon.

“That reminds me, did you find the girl on the second floor yesterday?”

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Weather: Overcast

Prevent? Ugh, like you can do something that tough without having actual skills for it. Nah, the best you can do is put another pair of eyes on the friend. Something to track her. So you'll know exactly when she's taken and you could act immediately.
    Naturally, I was instantly suspicious of Potemkin the instant she sounded slightly helpful. That was a good idea, though, even if I'd already asked Noah to do it. It was fair fortune that I was, as usual, ahead of the curve compared to Potemkin. She would have to wake up pretty early in the morning to pull one over on me.

Anyways, yeah yeah, whatever you say, you horny sack of horny nerdness. I'll see what Mr. Are-Those-Abs-Can-I-Test has to say about your magnificent achievement. No promises I'll be gentle tough.

He's fun to tease, isn't he~?

I have never once teased anyone in my entire life,
    I told Potemkin mentally, quite smug. After all, Travis and my relationship was simple, compared to my other relationships. I did something fairly reasonable, and he overacted like many of my roommates whenever I played a practical joke on them.

"... Very well. I'll be here anyways, so I suppose I can keep an eye out for any untoward people after your little friend here. It would truly pain my heart if something bad happened to a patient under my watch. And sure, I'll also keep an eye out on girls with the penchant of dressing in black and lewd, longing gazes and overall desire to ruin men. Especially when they speak utter nonsense about you. Of course, I'll have to make sure to listen to them properly so I know if what they are saying of you is a lie, but if it is, I'll be sure to be careful..."

"... Yes, I'll be extra careful not to let perverted black-dressed girls to use their wiles on me..."
    "Thank you, Noah," I said, smiling as I stood, letting go of Cesarina's hand. "I suppose I will be heading to the school, then. For unrelated reasons to strange girls in black."

I had to find Potemkin immediately, to stop her from doing whatever it was she was doing.

"Perhaps I will see you when I visit Cesarina later?"

>>>SCHOOL
    Last edited by Frantic Author; January 30th, 2021 at 01:06 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

"Well, whatever comes to mind, I'm fine with!" Ru answered almost immediately, grinning from ear to ear. "I haven't had chance to stretch my legs for a while, so if you need me to run some errands, that's alright! Like, go fetch something or go ask questions from this person or something like that! So no need to be reserved - just hit me with whatever you need!"

Looking at the boy, it was like he was an overly-excited dog wagging its tail, waiting for the stick in the hand of its owner to be thrown. Full of energy and the genuine need to please and help... it was at moments like these that Ru's youth really showed. While he wasn't that much younger than the others at the table, his mentality was certainly more... innocent... than that of others.

"Hmm... I might have some stuff I could need from End's Store & Post. I'll write a list later," Pyry spoke up, nodding at the other boy. "What about you, Hisa? Ubon? The guy's saying that he wants to be relied on, so might as well take him up on his offer."

The golden-mained boy chuckled a little. It looked like he and Ru were on quite the same wavelength, as usual.

But while that conversation was going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “That reminds me, did you find the girl on the second floor yesterday?”
    "Oh, ayup! She was a super sweet girl!"

Ubon nodded energetically at Hisa's question, moving on from her teasing... for now.

"A real cutie patootie, though she was also super shy. For realsies," the cyanhead continued. "I... I think she came from Nepal? Or Tibet? A-anyways, somewhere with big mountains! She's actually our classmate! But since she's totes afraid of people, she couldn't come with us, but instead she sneaked all the way here, avoiding people and set up shop in the second floor. Now she's been studying with us by... w-well, with her abilities. I guess she's a bit weird that way, but nothing out of the ordinary when considering our class. I bet you'd like her, Hisa! W-well, as long as you can overlook that people-fear she's got going on. Oh, and a word of warning - she does not like to be touched. Gave me a huge fright when I did. S-so watch out for that!"

Taking her huge glass of various freshly-squeezed juices, Ubon slurped down on the coctail with a focused look. Once she put it down, she let out a satisfied sigh and leaned back on her chair, folding her arms and balancing on the back legs of the chair.

"Her name was... Err..."

For a moment, the cyanhead's brow furrowed.

She thought about it seriously.

Until finally...

... Realization dawned on her face.

"... Alpaca."

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Besides, there are much more interesting mysteries to be investigating around here, aren't there?"
    "More interesting mysteries?"

Hwan's raised eyebrow reached even higher towards his hairline.

"And here I thought that'd be the extent of stuff you'd be involved with. What, do we got some pervert who's been stealing underwear? What's that got to do with you? As if anyone was interested in the kiddy-stuff you wear," the white-haired boy continued, his sneer growing in magnitude. "So if it's not pudding or panties... hmm... maybe it's about the strange guy who dragged you to your room last night? Hoo boy, didn't think there was someone with such deviant tastes. Or what, did you get him way too drunk?"

These words... Hwan Bin was getting more and more coarse with his language and insinuations, and the look on his face was that of a smug bastard who thought nothing of the girl in front of him. No, not just that. He was actively making fun of Prushka. Harshly and strongly. Yet at the same time, thanks to that small glimmer of surprised expression that the girl had seen... she was able to get a sense of the truth behind that sneering veneer.

Hwan was purposefully trying to make her mad. He chose his words carefully to try and push Prushka's buttons and cause her to lose her temper.

All to distract her and get her away from his door.

Yes, that hint of a look in the boy's eyes...

... He was very hard trying to avoid a conversation with her.

Almost like he was afraid of getting caught.

"Anyways, what the hell do you want from me then? If you're looking to pay some stranger to clean up your messes, tough luck, sister," Hwan continued and snorted. "I'm not really in the mood for any 'freelance work' right now. You better go ask T-Bone or that Blondie. She's the goody-two-shoes type who can't leave troubled little kids alone."

Yes... he was definitely trying to get rid of Prushka.

Hisa Momoi

“Alpaca?”

With an eyebrow raised, I just stared at Ubon for a few moments, trying to figure if she was just joking.

“That’s...quite the name. And alpacas are not even from Asia, but America…”

An alpaca wearing a tiger print jacket and using a tiger paw print as a signal.

Still, I guess that also explains where those runes originate from.

“But well, if she is okay...then that’s what matters. There’s no real reason to bother her, especially if she prefers to be alone.”

Wonder if she would know anything in the first place? She probably does leave the library from time to time, and if she can watch the classes without even being there, then...she probably has some tricks up her sleeve.

“Anything else you found on the second floor?” I changed the topic after I swallowed a piece of my toast, “I only really had time to check the writing on the wall and the library, but there might be more things there. Especially up at the tower...there was just something weird about the door leading up there.”

As I finished the thought, my attention turned to the two boys, who were still discussing how exactly Ru could be of help.

“The shop…Maybe? The things I’d most need are quite likely not available there, but...stocking up on some supplies could not hurt.”

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Hwan Bin is being irritating right now.

I've dealt with Ahti's abrasiveness, even Mercedes' and Xylia's, but this is different. Rather than being abrasive for the sake of it, that roughness, that meanness is laser-focused. He's treating 'annoying jerk' like a job, trying to push me into snapping. It's a tactic I've seen many times, and even used myself on some particularly annoying adults.

Well, it would've worked normally. In any other situation, really. I really, really want to yell at this lying idiot. But this time... the bile in my throat is swallowed down by force.

Sorry, Hwan. Can't afford to be angry right now. Won't be able to lecture you on proper manners, either.

Instead I'll have to step up to the plate and bat back your pitches, one by one.

"Hm, so you were watching..."

It's not surprising. Well, actually, it's surprising that he really was keeping watch, and no one noticed. Is he good at being sneaky? I sure hope so.

Reaching back into myself, I pull out the old me. The one before Pinefall. The one who dealt with nothing but annoying adults who hid behind their lies.

It's time to drag the truth out again.

"So you're the type that likes peeping on girls in the dead of night, thinking about what kind of panties they wear, and eating other people's pudding... no, wait, that would be assuming, wouldn't it? Only if there's a good reason to, right? Wonder what that good reason might be."

Not stepping away. Only forward. Can't close that door on me with my foot in the way.

"I'm not looking for Travis or Blondie. You, on the other hand... well, it's a shame you're not in the mood, but I get it. After all..."

One more step.

"It's hard to take on another job when you already have one on your plate, isn't it?"

Elise Pelltier

"What comes to telling milady... No. I've already taken too much from her. I've already hurt her too much. It's... it's my fault that she's so broken right now. My fault she can't live the life she deserves. I'm not going to hurt her more. She doesn't need to know. She... Lucille is like my little sister. In some ways, even my daughter. And I failed her, in the most selfish way possible. I'm not going to let anything in this world hurt her anymore. Not as long as I draw breath."
    So Michael Lowgate's effort to free Sakura from Lucille's service only served to bind those chains even tighter. There's a certain tragic irony to that.

Elise nodded, "Understood. I'll treat everything you've told me with the strictest confidence. I promise I won't tell anyone what you told me here, and that goes double for Lucille. Still, I'm glad that you felt that you could at least confide with me, Sakura. Lucille's my friend, and I'll do my best to help her, you can count on that! For that matter, you're my friend too, so you should expect the same treatment."

Of course, helping both of you would be a whole lot easier to do if we could just tell her the truth, Sakura.

"... Salpinx of Woe."
    A splash of water on the window made a sound like thunder. It wasn't thunder, the storm wasn't here yet, that was tomorrow, but it was enough. It provided the words Sakura said with the dramatic weight they deserved.

Here was me waking up this morning thinking that I needed to do was beat up a ghost, now I need to find an Apocalypse horn?

"Wow, that-that'd certainly be something," muttered Elise, "That almost sounds like it'd be too fantastical, but it also wouldn't even be the only thing I've seen here in Road's End from the Book of Revelations. Last week…" she paused, taking a deep breath before she continued, "Last week Hisa and I encountered someone or something in the woods. They wore a heavy blue cloak, that looked like it was roughly stitched together, with a bunch of different coloured patches on it... Any-anyway, they called on something- a thing, really, composed of light that took the form of the Beast of Revelations. A seven headed beast, with ten horns, and ten crowns. It just sort of gnawed through reality and- well…"

She shook her head, trying to clear her mind of the memory of that bright all consuming light still burning in the back of her eyes, and hoping to find some solace in the dreary, grey of the empty classroom.

"Any-anyway, Hisa and I were reduced to little more than radioactive dust after that. Just as effective as a Crematorium really. Maybe even more so. I don't know how or if they're connected in any way, but regardless, it's a bit worrisome that there's someone with that kind of power and a flair for Apocalyptic imagery where something like a Salpinx of Woe might be rumoured to be."

"Still, I guess it doesn't matter if we believe in the prophecy or not," continued Elise, "The Lowgates certainly believed in it, and if they were making preparations to fight a Named Demon, we can almost certainly take advantage of that in dealing with our own problems. Where do we begin looking for it though? I've heard that there's an old abandoned church in town. Remmie, who wrote that guide book to Road's End Lucille found, apparently went there so there should be something about it in there… The Lowgates must have lived somewhere, so they must have had a home here in Road's End. Of course, that raises the question of whether or not someone else is living there now, or if it's even still standing..."

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin & Lucille Faraday

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “It’s not my fault she’s like this. I mean I figured out that she’s like this, but I can’t just say no if she asks to stay over.”
    "Huuu..."

Heaving an exasperated sigh, Gradient shook her head and put hands on her hips. While her initial ire about the situation had disappeared, it didn't look like she had completely forgiven Colt quite yet. Or perhaps "forgive" was the wrong word here. After all, the strange girl clearly knew how Tris tended to act and how she was... and honestly, it didn't look like she was completely blaming Colt for the situation.

If anything, she was blaming Colt for allowing the situation to escalate to this degree.

Almost like someone admonishing a younger brother for getting into unnecessary trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Gradient, if you don’t mind.”
    Thankfully, there was something else for the girl to focus on instead of Colt.

"Fooo?" Gradient let out a questioning noise, taking a look at the message Lucille had left and the pen and paper she had offered.

Finally understanding that she was meant to answer it, a slightly brightened expression came across the girl's face, and she snatched the writing utensils from Lucille's hands. Gradient started scribbling fast on the page, but after a moment, a thoughtful look came over her face and she paused, tapping the pen against the page. Was Sammy really that hard to describe? Just what sort of youth had he been, or rather, what did Gradient think of him...?

But, before that question could be answered, the door of the bathroom suddenly slammed open. The sounds of the shower had stopped, and that could mean only one thing. Naturally, all eyes were gathered over to the doorway, where they saw the cause of the current predicament standing, drying her hair and smiling cheerfully like she didn't understand one bit what she had caused.

... She most likely didn't understand.

Tris's mind seemed to work on different wavelength from others.

Still, at the very least she had gotten dressed up for now, though only in her body-hugging spandex outfit that she called her "training gear". The white towel was making quick work of drying her hair with some furious rubbing.

After finishing with that, the knightess beamed a big smile and marched right over to Lucille, sticking her hand out in a greeting.

"Salutations! Mine nameth art Tristellia Zem Soirvit - A Knightess of Symzonia! It art truly a pleasure to meeth a divine maiden such as thee! The glory of thine Lord truly shineth uponeth thine majestic forehead and thick eyebroweth!" Tris said without a hint of malice or understanding of why one could take her compliments in the wrong way. "Apologies if mine conduct has caused thee undue distress, but I assureth thee - I hath no untoward intentions towards the fair lad Colt Davin here. I merely drove away a blackguard threatening his lifeth, and afterwards sworeth to helpeth him in his time of need. One couldeth sayeth that I art here to guard his life! Nothing more!"

This nigh-incomprehensible litany of words was accompanied by a shining grin of a person who was nothing but happy to meet a new friend.

"So, who art thee, divine maiden, and what art thoust--- Oh? Lady Gradient, what art it?"

Tris's curious gaze was now focused on the other girl, who had suddenly shoved the notebook in front of Lucille. A bunch of words had been scribbled over, and instead, a very simple sentence in Enochian had been written there... a very simple sentence that was accompanied by a much-telling look that the strange girl directed at Tris.

And that sentence read...

He was a like her, only more aloof.

Oh boy...

Just what sort of person was this supposed brother of Michael...?

Hisa Momoi

Hearing the mention of the "writing on the wall", Ubon's expression grew a bit more serious. It was easy enough to see why, too. After all, Ubon was the type of girl easily affected by stuff like that, so finding that distasteful, desperate message left behind by unknown people... it must have left a deep impression on her.

"Y-yeah... we found that message too," Ubon said with a nod. "There were also footprints in the dust, meaning that someone had been there the previous night... they had been going in circles around the room though. Johnnie was all curious about them and - Oh! Right, actually, here! I forgot to show you this! Look, it has Graddie on it when she was all little and cute!"

With a sudden showcase of excitement, Ubon dove into her backpack which had been sitting next to her chair. Colorful pens and weirdly-shaped erases were thrown about until the cyanhead finally found what she had been looking for. With a self-satisfied smile she rose back to a sitting position and handed something over the table to Hisa. Even the two boys, surprised by the sudden action, took a closer, curious look at the item.

Item that, as it turned out, was a picture - an old picture, judging from the slightly blurry image-quality and faded colors.

It was a picture of some familiar faces.

"We found it in the outbuilding with Lucille during the test of courage," Ubon explained. "See, that's definitely Graddie in the center... and that's Briggsie to the left of her, right? Man, they all look so young and weird. O-or, well, younger than they are right now."

It definitely was Gradient, though she looked like only a child in the picture - perhaps physically somewhere close to ten or twelve.

Yes, this Gradient... remembering last night's revelations, it was clear as day that something had happened between the time she had been first active, and now that she had been "reactivated". A clear physical growth had happened.

"Huh... that girl to the left of Jake..." Pyry's voice suddenly cut into the conversation, and he looked at Hisa with surprise in his eyes. "A-Ain't that Remington? Remington Hartley?"

Yes. Though a bit different...

... That was definitely her.

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "It's hard to take on another job when you already have one on your plate, isn't it?"
    "..................... Hoo?"

The response was cold.

Like the temperature in the corridor had dropped by multiple degrees.

At the same time, something moved around Prushka. She could feel the air warble. It was like a presence had appeared - no, not a presence per se. A pressure. Pressure of some sort of force coiling around in the corridor, invisible to the naked eye. But it was definitely there, her senses were sharp enough to pick up on that. At the same time, she saw it... in the doorway, where Hwan stood - refusing to budge despite her advance - the boy's eye... it was crackling. Crackling with energy. Like magenta levin flickering across his iris.

A sudden surge of power that the words of accusation had summoned.

"That's quite the thing to say, midget... It almost sounds like you're accusing me of something. Yeah, yeah... flinging words like that can be a dangerous thing. Some volatile, trigger-happy bastard might take them seriously. Decide to act on them. Decide to do something rash," Hwan said, his voice somewhere between sheer ice and a growl. "I don't know what the hell you think you know, midget, but..."

The energy in his eye sparked.

"... Why don't we find out?"

Suddenly, the boy lifted his hand and grasped Prushka by the shoulder. Hard. Like he was ready to throw her into the wall. But instead, he just leaned closer. And while he wasn't exactly a tall person himself... for now, it felt like the boy was towering over her. With enough of his buttons pushed, especially the right ones... a dangerous aura had began to spread from Hwan Bin.

"--- So why don't you get your ass into my room, and we can have ourselves a good little talk?"

It was not a request.

He returned a threat with a threat.

Alexstrasza Lockhart

"Awww, what is this!? What is this!? It's so cute, so kyuuute! Oh god I'm gonna barf because how adorbs this tiny little thing is!!!"

By the time Alexstrasza Lockhart arrived to the dormitory of Pinefall High, the worst had already come to pass. She had hurried. She had hurried as much as she could. She had made a perfect beeline from the gates of the school to the dormitory and straight through the entrance, throwing both doors open. She had rushed up the stairs, climbing three steps at a time. And yet... it was too late.

It was all too late.

The squeals of ridiculous joy could not mean anything good.

"Gaaaahhh, I just wanna eat you up!"

--- Yes.
    Arriving to the doorway of the kitchen, a bizarre scene lay before the blonde girl. Remains of a breakfast (cereal and orange juice) lay on the table, as if someone had just finished them. In the corner of the room was Travis Gagnon, bug-eyed and looking more confused than he had ever before in his life. The boy was teetering on the edge of a decision - whether to let the madness continue because he valued his own safety, or interfering and causing something horrible to befall himself. And who could blame him? The other two people (well, to one of them, the word 'person' didn't really apply) in the room were in the middle of some sort of frenzied, crazied dance...

... Or rather, the taller one was spinning the smaller one around in a manner that would probably make both cereal and orange juice fly out of her stomach.

"Oh, there you are, you massive nerd! Look at this! Lookit this! What is this disgustingly cute thing? Are there even things like this in existence!?" Potemkin squealed with a big wide grin on her paper-white face. "We should take it! We should take it and run! Come on, we could teach it to be even cuter! Gaaahhh, I can't take it!"

Oh, the small human-creature in Potemkin's hands was someone even Alexstrasza knew.

Stephanie, wasn't it? The little girl who had been with Elaine?

... She looked rather green in the face right now.

And as for the other one...

"Stop just standing there, you fatso, and help me fawn over this little thing!" Potemkin exclaimed to Alexstrasza. "We can't let this chance pass us up!"

Meanwhile, Travis Gagnon... finally made a recovery.

After all, something relatively normal had entered the scene.

Thus, for that reason, his eyes snapped at Alexstrasza and a furious expression rose over his face.

... Along with an accusing finger.

"Of COURSE this was somehow related to you!!!"

He seemed to have come to an unfortunate (if correct) conclusion.

That is, he had put two and two together and realized that Alexstrasza Lockhart had something to do with this...

This...

Creature that looked quite a bit like Elizaveta Vyraj.

New Being(?) Met!
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 31st, 2021 at 07:33 AM.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

I clicked my tongue in annoyance.

"Damn," I hissed, biting my fingernail as I looked on the scene that greeted me when I arrived. "I wasn't fast enough."

Time to deal with them in order. Travis was probably more manageable then Potemkin, who took great pride in her sheer unmanageability. I smiled at him, waving my fingers.

"Hello, Travis! One of my relatives has come to see how my poor, sickly self is settling into things at my new school! After all, it is quite a different experience from my previous one!"

Settled with ease. There was no way she had done anything too absurd before I had gotten here, anyways. She wasn't even licking anything.

Yet.

Damn you, Potemkin.

"Firstly, Elibaretta, it is rude to call other people fat. Secondly, Evinaza, it is rude to cling to others until they pass out. Thirdly, Anitaraka, it is rude to kidnap other people's things. Stephanie, she..."

I looked at Elaine's midnight snack, letting out a sigh.

"She already belongs to someone else..."

I definitely didn't want my own tiny person who looked up to me. It seemed inconvenient, like you had to teach them things. Although... the little prodigy was pretty good at magic... Maybe I could teach Stephanie magic? I gave her an appraising look, as she spun around, biting my lip.

"I'll ask Elaine if we can borrow her?" I offered Potemkin a compromise. "After all, good assistants are hard to come by."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Elaine Winters

I clomped easily down the stairs, tugging the deep hood over the top of my head as I ventured out into the rainy morning, frowning idly up at the dark sky, my expression in an uncomfortable grimace that wasn't certain if it should go on to become a full bitter smile.

Well.

Here's hoping it goes better than the last time I wore you, old friend, hm?

Regardless of the rain and early morning darkness, it was as easy as ever to pick out those who'd asked for my presence.

A scarecrow, a snake and who else but John Dove.

It almost seemed like the set-up to a spectacularly poor joke.

Does that make me the punch-line, or the butt of the joke?

Feh.

I scowled up at the sky again, shaking my body like the wet dog I supposed on some level I was.

Rain and I never mixed well.

Still, I shelved the thoughts and ventured closer to the group.

Unfortunately, it seemed this wouldn't just be a friendly meet-up and chatting over some bands or whatever.

Even through the rain, I could already hear the topic of conversation.

I want to be in a good mood today, world! I don't need some dead-eyed weirdo showing off his fancy doo-dad that summons a super-vampire that fucking murdered me, and alongside sweetheart serpentine and bitch scarecrow too!

Fuck my life.

Ugh.

I stood there for a moment, regarding them.

Should I just leave? Just ignore all of this?

It seemed appealing.

Ughhhhghghghh.

I'm gonna regret all of this.

Here's to another few bullets in my chest!

What to do, pretend I heard nothing, ignore it all, deny, deny?

It'd probably be more helpful than what the large, angry monster says I should do.

Fuck it.

I take a deep breath, shove everything back down inside, and join the group.

"Yeah, I'd be pretty interested in what's so special about the little thing," I said idly, as if I'd been right here for the entire conversation, which, honestly, I may as well have.

It wasn't the most difficult thing to figure out what the topic was.

I looked at everyone involved, then grunted.

Should've put some whiskey in that coffee.

"Sup."
    Last edited by Mormarth; January 30th, 2021 at 04:35 PM.