Page 2 of 244 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday
    Phase: Morning Phase.
    Date: 06.09.1994.
    Weather: Sunny

Posh, she thinks, based on the sound of his voice. Not that it was anything to be envious of, but the attitude that these sorts of people carried was a different story entirely. It was, however, too early to judge him over nothing, though his artist’s eye made her feel like she had been thoroughly inspected, somehow. That, and his voice had a hint of something missing, like there was something restrained about his words. Perhaps it was the polite dishonesty that those in high-class society were accustomed to, except without the ability to make it sincere.

Still, Lucille supposed she was looking too deeply into things. She took his hand and gave it a firm shake, willing to accept any offer of good grace.

“It’s not a problem. I’m Lucille Faraday, but Lucy works just as well.” She gives a soft smile, before glancing back out the window, towards the town she’d live in for an entire year. “My parents thought that this would be a good opportunity for me… And while I don’t see the point, you are right in that it’s probably a good change of pace.”

At the very least, she hoped it would be.

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Seatmate
    "No! Super rude, just assuming something like that. Never been here. Never. First time. Just like you. I mean, your accent totally gives it away. Like half the people here, really. Did they really scrounge up all these weirdos from around the globe? What am I even doing here...?
    Woops~ Did I step on a little landmine~? Because she went from quiet to hyperactive real quickly. It's almost like I knew that asking her about the town would provoke a response instead of just being ignored like the initial part of the trip.

"Sorry, you were just so absorbed at looking at the town that I thought about trying to talk to you about it. So we're both new to the area. I wonder if they have a bookstore here..."

Act apologetic and casual. She seems to be irritated. You can fix this. She'll give you an opportunity to fix it. You just have to wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "Aleen. Aleen King. Nice to meet'cha, or whatevs."
    "Nice to meet you Aleen!"

Just smile and act nice in front of her. She'll give you a conversation. Don't worry about the current silence. Wait for it... Wait for it...

"Still... it's pretty neat-looking place. Just thought it might not totally suck, living here a year. At least there's nature close-by."
    Hook, line, and sinker.

"Yeah, it does look like a nice comfy little town for the year... A walk through nature does sound nice. But I'm kind of curious about what's in town..."

Express a little interest on what she mentioned. Then follow it up with some indecision so I kind go into a little bit of a leading question.

"Hey, Aleen what are you doing after Orientation and Dorms? I'm sure it'll be fun to hang out with you afterward."

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

I politely allow the girl her out as she speaks. It would be rather rude to point out her horrifying abuse on my name, and hopefully she has figured it out. My lips twitch slightly as Cesarina sighs.

"The same as everyone else in this vehicle I imagine! The members of this ridiculous school have somehow gotten in their heads that there's something wrong me. Me! Can you imagine anything more ridiculous?"

She laughs, but its a question I must ponder. The Oceandrop Program is to 'rehabilitate teenagers who cannot function in every-day life.' And with every word she speaks, its quite clear to me.

I've no doubt the people of Oceandrop Program mean well, but clearly they should do more research before abducting normal teenagers from their homes... err, so to speak. It's not as if they actually kidnapped me."

...This girl really doesn't belong here.

Unfit for society? Maybe ordinary society, but not the upper-class society that she clearly thrives in. Cesarina is a person who truly does belong in the creme de la creme, the very top of society. It's not that she is a bad person, exactly - she's just far too different for the ordinary person to ever comprehend.

--Ah, she's sulking now. Her arms are crossed and everything. This is definitely not the sort of person who is 'unfit for society.'

"They somehow convinced my parents with their humbug, to the point I was forcibly sent here. It's ridiculous, ridiculous I tell you! Claiming that I cannot function normally in a society and that I have trouble connecting with others... they even claimed I have delusions of grandeur! The nerve!"

She's nice.

Nicer then my last friends, at least. More normal. More approachable. Easy to read.

"I bet they claimed something equally ridiculous about you as well, right?"

I tilt my head, a smile as always, on my face. "Ah, I am afraid not Cesarina. It was not an invitation for me to spend a year here. It was more of... hm."

Request?

Command?

This is a waste of time. I know it to be one. Attending school is a waste of my, extremely valuable, extremely important, time. There were things I was far more interested in then attending a high school and interacting with others, but --

-- I do need to be here.

It's true.

Unlike Cesarina, attending this school is something I absolutely must do. It's not a request, or a desire. It's something that has been absolutely demanded of me to do before I am allowed to move forward.

The hills roll by like stars in the night, and I watch them idly, eyes flickering past Cesarina for a moment.

"I do believe the best term for it was the one that I was told before I left my previous schooling. It is an 'absolute requirement' for me to continue my studies."

I shrug my shoulders, winking at the girl before me.

"I am most assuredly unfit to interact with others, Cesarina. So fear not!" I gently flick her nose, eyes twinkling with mirth. "You are in good company!"
    Last edited by Frantic Author; January 8th, 2019 at 09:47 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Alvena Cheshire

"Me neither! Heck, I'm not that confident when it comes to swimming either. Don't think I would go past my knees. But that seems pretty fun to me."

"Oh."

She sounded disappointed, crossing her legs and leaning back in her seat a little bit.

"That's a shame. I'd need someone to teach me if I went, I suppose."

Adelaide looked over at the window. If she looked just at the trees she could almost pretend it was cold outside. If she believed, if she concentrated - she let out a puff of air, exasperated. It was just too hot.

"If you're not sure, think it over. And if you don't have any clothes good for the beach, I bet we could find a shop somewhere. Beach town. Surf shops. Those go hand in hand, right?"

"I've never been to either."

She laughed, delicate fingers covering her mouth in unconscious habit, almost like she was apologizing for laughing.

"You're a funny one. Are all Americans like this?"
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"..."

Stop. Don't do it, Prushka. You promised the folks back home that you'd try to turn over a new leaf. You can be better than this. People aren't all bad, right? You just have to give them a chance, right?

But look at him. He's so smug! He's laughing! I don't know why, but he's definitely laughing at me. Can I let that go? Can I really, really let that go?

C'mon, I can take the high road, right?

"...the window. It opens."

- - - Updated - - -

"And your music is too loud."

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

"Parents, huh? I guess that's how it works. Two people think they can decide for you just because they happened to make you. People are weird like that. Though who am I to talk?" Caleb mused, scratching his chin. "Then again, they made a mistake. Force you to come here, lose their control over you. What goes around comes around, I suppose."

The detachment in the boy's voice was clear as a day. The mere term of 'parents' seemed to produce no sense of familiarity within him, a clear sign of just what sort of life he must've led before getting on this bus. But didn't seem to intent to continue on that train of thought, so perhaps it was best to leave alone for now.

Besides, there was something more immediate to worry about.

Namely, how Caleb suddenly leaned forward so suddenly that he almost headbutted Lucille on the forehead.

"Sorry, Lucy," he murmured softly as he pressed his head against the window, eyes staring intently outside. "Gotta make sure... yeah, I knew it. A lighthouse. Now that's a beauty of a building."

Having leaned forward like that, Caleb had almost ended up lying across the lap of Lucille with only his right arm making him over above her. Right arm that was no draped across the back of her seat, actually. The eyes of the young artist were trained at a small, white building one could barely see in the distance. There, on top of the large cliff that towered above the town of Road's End, was an unmistakable shape of a lighthouse, its white surface reflecting light quite brilliantly.

Still... this was quite sudden. Both his actions and his sudden showcase of subdued emotion.

Also, the fragrance hanging around him.

... Willowherb?

Vier Wolff

"Oh, oh, we should totally visit Avery's!" Aleen told Vier, excitement clear in her voice and eyes. "She makes one mean cherry pie, I tell you! Best in the state! If we're fast, we might get there while they still have whole pies left, so we could just share one for cheap!"

This girl's personality was like a pendulum or a firecracker. Changing at the drop of a hat, instead of the previous anger and hostility, her face was now nothing but smiles. Perhaps it was just Vier's carefully chosen words, but the initial stumble had been bypassed with flying colors. Aleen had actually started packing up her bag, showing just how excited she was about the prospect of getting something to eat. Maybe she was just hungry, or then this cherry pie was to die for, one or the other.

"But a bookstore? Err, I don't think so," Aleen continued as she showed her Walkman to the bag. "I know the old coot at Owl's Nest keeps a library in the basement, so you might wanna try there if you like to read. But, just a warning, he's a creepo with a capital C, a total stalker I tells ya. Just stares at you from behind that blasted counter like you were a shoplifter or something. Like, Jesus man, get a life! We might wanna wait till her niece's manning the reception so we won't... get... in..."

And again the mood changed. Excitement died down and instead, a frozen expression rose to Aleen's face. A look that was both guilty and horrified at what she had just said.

"... Or. That's what I. Read. You know. In the pamphlet," Aleen continued with all the grace of a rusted robot. "I wouldn't know. Otherwise. Right. Totally."

She was practically choking on the foot she had rammed down to her mouth.

Alexstrasza Lockhart

"Gnyah!"

As it turned out, flicking Cesarina Feroce on the nose produced the most wonderful sound.

The glare the green-haired girl threw in Alexstrasza's direction might have been worrisome had it come from anyone else but her, who seemed to be nothing but hot air and bluster. Cesarina rubbed her nose that was quickly turning red, just like her cheeks. Considering how long she was taking to recover from this sudden physical contact, either the girl was unaccustomed to it, or then she simply had no idea of how to react when someone did something as rude as the other girl had just done.

"H-hey, cut it out! What if my nose gets bent!" Cesarina protested, leaning back from Alexstrasza. "B-but more importantly! You, unfit to interact with others? Bah! Humbug, humbug I say! I mean, just look at you now Al... Al... Miss Lockhart! With just these ten minutes or so, you have proven the oh-so-wise scientists of Oceandrop Program wrong! For are you not interacting with me just fine?"

A smug, self-assured smile rose to Cesarina's face and she nodded to herself in a way that might have been sagely had it not been more like striking a bobblehead-doll.

"Si, si! It is clear both of us have been sent here under false pretenses and misunderstandings!" Cesarina proclaimed. "I say we march to the Principal immediately after we get to the school and demand they send us back home, because there's clearly been a mistake. And if they lack the means to do it, worry not! I shall ask Babbo to send our private plane to pick us up. We can drop you back home at the same time."

Something bothersome was clearly cooking up in this girl's brains...

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "...the window. It opens. And your music is too loud."
    A blonde eyebrow rose towards the fluffy mane that the boy called his hair.

"Does it now? Neat. I didn't know it could do that," the boy said, that smug expression on his face refusing to leave. "Be sure to tell me if you come up with other facts about windows. Might as well hear them before we get out of this rust-box on wheels."

Leaning his huge, lean frame back on his seat, the golden-haired boy seemed intent on taking every bit of fun out of this situation... fun that seemed to come at the girl's expense. They were an odd pair to be sure: one with her feet dangling above the floor as she was sitting on the bench, while the other had to contort himself into a curved shape to even fit on his bench. Unfortunately that was not the only difference. There was another one, a major one, one that was fast driving a wedge between the two seatmates...!

--- Prushka wanted the window opened.

--- The boy had no intention of opening it.

This could only end badly.

"Oh, and too loud? That's sissy talk. Here."

Before Prushka could even react, a pair of headphones -big enough to nearly swallow her head whole- were plopped down on her head. Cacophony of most horrible 80's in tune filled her head, volume turned up so loud that any other sound inside the vehicle was drowned out immediately and the girl was left alone in a world of utter noise. Sure enough, there were guitars and other instruments but that's just how it came across. Pure noise. Unadulterated noise. Nothing but noise. And now it had trapped her thanks to the machinations of the boy.

A boy who was currently grinning a shit-eating grin from ear-to-ear.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 8th, 2019 at 10:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"Gnyah!"

Ah.

That was a bit harder then I had intended.

Cesarina's glare is as ineffectual as her posturing, though. It's more amusing then anything else. And with her reactions... Oh. Oh. My mistake, in the end; Cesarina Feroce does in fact belong here. Or perhaps I am simply as rude as my teachers often chastised me for being. That is entirely possible, however, far more unlikely then this being true.

"H-hey, cut it out! What if my nose gets bent! B-but more importantly! You, unfit to interact with others? Bah! Humbug, humbug I say! I mean, just look at you now Al... Al... Miss Lockhart! With just these ten minutes or so, you have proven the oh-so-wise scientists of Oceandrop Program wrong! For are you not interacting with me just fine?"

"Hm?"

Yes, it is true that I am interacting perfectly fine with Cesarina. However --

"Si, si! It is clear both of us have been sent here under false pretenses and misunderstandings! I say we march to the Principal immediately after we get to the school and demand they send us back home, because there's clearly been a mistake. And if they lack the means to do it, worry not! I shall ask Babbo to send our private plane to pick us up. We can drop you back home at the same time."

-- Unlike this girl, I have no intention of leaving this school.

"I'm perfectly fine, though. It's a requirement, Miss Feroce, for me to attend this school for a period of one year. An absolute necessity if I have any desire to continue my studies."

It's true. I, Alexstrasza Lockhart, have absolutely no need to leave the Oceandrop Program. Yes, I can interact perfectly fine for ten minutes. Maybe even ten hours. Days. But eventually... it breaks, shatters like glass in my hands, and another person leaves me alone once more.

"Besides, wouldn't you care to see how the ordinary person lives, Cesarina? After all, a good heiress must know what her consumers desire, correct?" I smile at the girl, raising a finger in the air. "Simply speaking to those of similar stature to you would never teach you what the average consumer needs. A 'simple man' has no need for a diamond-encrusted chandelier, whereas a 'prince' would have no need for a washing machine. You cannot learn what they want merely by acting as an overlord, Miss Feroce."

These are all things that were told to me, at one point. For different reasons, obviously - I am no heiress to a multi-billion dollar company, nor am I the heir to anything in particular at all. I'm a simple person. With simple wants, hopes, and needs. And what brings me to Road's End is anything but that.

I need to be better.

Not at what I'm good at, of course. While it could be perfected, it is close enough to perfection to be almost indistinguishable from it. But...

That is not why I was told to come here. I am not here to practice what I am superb at, but to improve my flaws. To be good enough to do what I desire so deeply, to be brave enough to reach out when I'm alone, and to be kind enough to stand in front of those who I hold dear.

These are all things that Alexstrasza Lockhart cannot do. These are all things that she has never even attempted to do. What's the point?

Why should I protect someone who cannot protect themselves?

Why should I reach out when I'm perfectly capable of standing alone?

Why should I achieve when my goals will come to me?

There's no purpose, no point, in my attendance at the Oceandrop Program; at least in mine own view. But it is not for my view that I came here, and it is not for Cesarina's view that I will leave here. Unless it is under my own power, with my own purpose, I will absolutely not leave Road's End without fulfilling that which was set before me.

"I have nicknames, you know," I say, taking pity on the girl. "Alex. 'Sza. Either works perfectly well."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove
    Approaching Road’s End
    Morning Phase
    Unexpectedly Sunny

Yes, yes, I know this kind of person.

A person who believes her life is full of color. No, even beyond that: a person who wishes to fill the lives of others with color.

The poor girl.

However, I am not so crass as to crush this girl’s hollow happiness with the weight of the truth. Happiness is happiness, even if built on falsity. I do not…dislike people like this girl. They are good people to keep close; they make it easier to sustain the lie.

And I did not lie: the sandwiches were good.

I have a mental note, I guess. I am ignorant of the meaning of “onee-san”, but she has placed quite the emphasis on her desire to be called such. Well, that, and apparently feeding us?

Yes, this might be an issue best inquired upon later. Besides, she is clearly more interested in my other bus seat neighbor, so I should make myself brief.

My plans for the year…

“I…want to meet people. All sorts of different people, with all sorts of—“

—hollow—

“—different colors. I was told to look for a vocation; something I feel passionate about. So, I look forward to see what this place offers.”

Pointless. There is only one thing that matters.

A practiced smile. A practiced chuckle. Even if nothing humorous has been said, the very sound carries the power to lighten the mood. I know they are flawless—I have years of experience crafting them.

“I feel like I’ll be spending a lot of energy here, so I certainly would accept your kind offer of delicious meals, Sakura.”

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

White noise.

Nothing but howling winds.

Almost familiar, really.

So much for second chances.

I don't know when, but one moment I'm paralyzed by noise and the next, I'm standing on the seat, face to face with this sadistic giant, staring him right in the eyes. He's still got an inch on me, even sitting down, and that's another drop in a bucket of irritation that's about to overflow from everything this stupid, no-good, asshole is dumping into it.

But, for some reason, I'm smiling, grinning eye to eye even as I feel tears forming. Why's that? I don't know. Thinking is hard. How did I manage it then?

Oh, right.

Because everyone is awful, and this horrible person is at least being upfront about it.

I curl my fingers around the headphone cord and give it a yank, just enough to threaten to pull it apart. But I don't.

White noise. There's something deeper within it, though, isn't there?

"You're right." The words are faint, even to me. I can't hear myself talk or think, so I can only hope it came out right. "It's not loud enough. Turn it up, then."

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Momoi Hisa

Witnessing this small thing panic so much put my heart at ease. It seems I was worried for no reason --- though her bag is really starting to get out of control at this point.

"A-awawa! Sorry, sorry! I w-w-wasn't feeling awkward, if anything, you must have felt more awkward!" the girl hurried to say, shaking her head. "I didn't say anything even though you were right there and instead I just sat here and stared at my feet while I did actually want to talk but I didn't exactly know where to start without coming off as rude so in the end I stayed completely silent forcing you to speak first even though that wasn't my intention at all and so-"
    I...guess she really just needed a gentle nudge to get her started. I can't say I don't like this...When was the last time I had talked to someone so sincere and innocent...Did I actually ever get to experience something like this? Ah, I should be paying more attention to what she is saying --- though I'm starting to wonder if she'll actually give me a chance to talk again.

"Wan!"
    Oh...My God what a cute fluffy little thing. That is a dog right? I didn't think a dog could be this cute...But does it actually stay this small? Will it be just as adorable even when it grows up? Still, while she isn't looking...I quickly glance over the rest of the bus to see what the other people are doing. Apparently, the announcement of us arriving to the town has shaken up the mood quite a bit and everyone seems to be conversing with their neighbours one way or another. There are so many intriguing people around here...I rest my eyes on the extremely cool looking girl with the baseball cap for a moment, then shift my gaze towards the almost doll-like person who is seemingly being assaulted by the boy sitting next to her. Ah --- without giving it too much of a thought, I take a piece of paper out of my bag, quickly scribble some words onto it, then fold it into a paper plane and - with careful aiming - send it towards the girl. But at this moment the pause in shushing and quiet barking alarmed me that the girl next to me probably managed to hide her pet and that her attention will soon be focused on me again, so I turned back to her.

"U-um... Iburi, Subaru Iburi, nice to meet you," she whimpered. "I... I know it might be too much to ask but... but would you be so kind to pretend that you didn't see anything? I'm n-not sure if the school allows pets, see..."
    The poor little thing. I took a few moments to collect my thoughts, then gave her a warm smile.

"Sure thing." I said as I leaned closer to her, lowering my voice to make sure that only she could hear me. "But you have to promise me that you'll let me pet it sometime. You see, I really like animals and your pet just looks so adorable."

Thinking about it, I'd probably be more than able to help her with her situation --- but I should leave that for later.

"If you're fine with it, I could also help you with hiding it. Two people taking care of the issue is probably easier than doing it alone, wouldn't you think?"

I lean back and smile at her again. There are so many things that I want to ask, but I have a feeling that our time on the bus is getting to its end...

"So hey, would you mind telling me a bit about yourself? You seem like a really interesting person and I'm getting kind of curious as to why you ended up here."

I shift myself into a more comfortable position, preparing to listen to the girl's story...
    Last edited by Cheetose; January 9th, 2019 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typos

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

"Oh, oh, we should totally visit Avery's! She makes one mean cherry pie, I tell you! Best in the state! If we're fast, we might get there while they still have whole pies left, so we could just share one for cheap!"
    Looks like my small little gamble worked out nicely. Now I have a local (?) guide to show me around the town. Thankfully she was happy and wanted to get along further. Which makes my life easier in lots of ways.

"A whole pie... That sounds great! I'm looking forward to Washington's best pie now!"

"But a bookstore? Err, I don't think so. I know the old coot at Owl's Nest keeps a library in the basement, so you might wanna try there if you like to read. But, just a warning, he's a creepo with a capital C, a total stalker I tells ya. Just stares at you from behind that blasted counter like you were a shoplifter or something. Like, Jesus man, get a life! We might wanna wait till her niece's manning the reception so we won't... get... in..."
    "Gotcha... Wait until the niece is manning the counter before heading in. Would hate to deal with a creep."

I noticed that her mood took a 180 once again. It's probably because she's failing at keeping her definitely nonexistent stay here a secret. Okay, you're going to have to pull another fast one Vier.

"... Or. That's what I. Read. You know. In the pamphlet. I wouldn't know. Otherwise. Right. Totally."
    Oh, this might be too easy. Good thing, I got rid of my pamphlet before taking my flight to the states.

"The pamphlet had useful information like that on it?! I wouldn't have thrown it away if I knew it had something past the normal boring overviews and goals on it! I'm really thankful, I met you Aleen!"

Elaine Winters

I pursed my lips at Gabi's terse responses, but was not deterred! I'd talk for both of us, if need be, I mean, I can get why a person would be spooked out at trying to talk to a person, it's not easy! So I supposed I'd just talk to the air around her, maybe that'd feel like less pressure on her to respond while also feeling like I'm not just making up a reason to talk to no one.

Congratulations, I may be in the right place.

I let myself relax a bit, taking my hat off and resting it on my lap, "Nice to meet you, hair care can be a real big issue, huh? Suppose that's why Dad made me cut mine all short," I said, twirling a lock of my aforementioned hair around a finger.

"Might grow it out a bit while I'm here, make a fresh start and all that, yeah? Don't want some asshole riding up on me cause he thinks I'm butch or some bull," I blew out from my mouth, "Already get a bit of that if I don't wear long sleeves going out, god forbid a girl try and keep herself lookin' badass, right?"

I carefully tried to avoid putting any pressure on her to actually answer my questions while still flitting them around her.

Hm, what else what else, fuck it, enough of this messing around, let's get in there again.

"Does your mom buy a lot of things for you, then?"

Elise Pelltier

With Sakura blocking her access to the aisle, and John taking up the rest of the space on the bench, Elise found herself with no means to extradite herself from this invasion of her personal space. Left with no other option, she politely endured.

I know your kind all too well, Sakura, thought Elise, You'd keep feeding someone food until they exploded.

"Well, I for one welcome our new kitchen overlord," said Elise with a solemn nod, "I think I'm also looking forward to having a chance to meet everyone. Oh, I'd also like to see the ocean. I haven't been to the Pacific Ocean before. Other than that, I guess I haven't given it a lot of thought."

I've given it a lot of thought, she mentally corrected herself.

She glanced over to her neighbour, "Well, I think you're in luck, we're certainly a colourful group of people here."

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Lucille didn’t agree with that perspective of parents. Her parents were wonderful, well-meaning people, and they acted within her best interest. Sure, their actions in this matter were a bit heavy handed… but Lucille couldn’t really fault her parents for being a bit overbearing. They were just worried about her, that was—

"Sorry, Lucy," he murmured softly as he pressed his head against the window, eyes staring intently outside. "Gotta make sure... yeah, I knew it. A lighthouse. Now that's a beauty of a building."
    Her breath hitched and almost felt caught in her throat. The fragrance of willowherb flooded her senses, as if it was the only thing she could focus on. It was like her heart had stopped in her chest.

Too close.

Absolutely, definitely, extremely too close.

She opened her mouth to protest about the situation, but her mouth closed just as fast. It wasn’t as if Caleb was doing this intentionally. Rather, it was the product of that lighthouse evoking a sudden, genuine outburst from him. And to interrupt such a moment, well…

It wasn’t her place to do so. This situation would end fast enough, right?

…Right?

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"O-oh. Well, if you feel that is best to remain here, then I suppose I shouldn't question your judgement..." Cesarina backed off quite quickly. "Maybe I shall give it a chance as well, then."

However, as Alexstrasza began to talk, began to explain her reasoning to the other girl, a new sort of expression rose to Cesarina's face: rapt attention. She had been speaking of viewpoints and statuses before, but now her seatmate had turned these words towards her instead... and Cesarina was clearly interested. Her eyes were glued, shining with interest, to Alexstrasza as she continued her explanation. Eventually she began nodding fervently, signaling her agreement to the words spoken to her.

"Y-yes, you're absolutely right! I shouldn't be so narrow-minded! This is a perfect chance isn't it? To experience this... common life, as it were," Cesarina finally answered. "If I am to take over one day, I must make sure I know my customers, be they from any walk of life! Even if they call us merchants of death, that doesn't mean cannot respect our customers! No, you're absolutely right! T-this has been eye-opening if anything!"

While Alexstrasza had perhaps not meant it, it seemed like she had gained some newfound respect from her seatmate. Cesarina was easy to get to talk, but much harder to get to listen. The fact that she had stayed so silent for so long spoke volumes about this way of thinking resonating with the green-haired girl. Perhaps it was just her inexperience as a rich heiress, perhaps something else... but words and ideas like these seemed to be brand new and novel to Cesarina.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "I have nicknames, you know. Alex. 'Sza. Either works perfectly well."
    The rapt attention was quickly replaced by awkward expression and sheepish scratching of one's cheek as Cesarina avoided looking Alexstrasza in the eye, like she had been ashamed.

"Oh. I... I see. U-um, I apologize, I didn't want to presume and be so forward. That is..." Cesarina's words stumbled over each other. "... I did not want to offend you, since you seemed so p-pleasant."

Prushka

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "You're right. It's not loud enough. Turn it up, then."
    The smug expression on the boy's face froze and melted away, revealing a completely stern look and two golden eyes which were boring a hole through Prushka's current expression. Then, without a warning, just as suddenly as they had plopped those headphones on her head, that gigantic hand descended again and yanked the thing from the girl's head. At the same time the music seemed to stop completely, the boy having silenced his Discman.

Blessed silence had returned once more, much more pronounced than before now that the world-ending cacophony had ended.

Still wearing that odd, new expression on his face, the boy leaned in a bit closer, his brows furrowing slightly.

"Hey, squirt, you okay? Sorry, it was too loud, wasn't it?" he said... sounding genuinely worried, of all things. "Damn, sorry. I wasn't trying to make you cry. I... I just figured I'd get you riled up, let you vent and help you let off some steam. You seemed so annoyed the whole trip, I figured it'd be better to take it out on someone. It's not like this damned heat is helping and, well..."

Looking slightly sardonic, the boy knocked on the window glass, where the seaside scenery was whistling past the pane.

"... The damn thing's stuck. Couldn't open it even if I wanted to," he said, apologetic. "I thought it wouldn't be what you'd want to hear after sweating it out in this rust-box for hours and hours, so I, uh... I figured I'd give you an actual target. You know, easier to blame someone else than nothing at all? Might've been a stupid idea, yeah... sorry 'bout that."

The boy with a mane for a hair didn't seem to know what to do with his hands now that he had put away his music player, so he ended up making awkward gestures in the air before him. Equally awkward was his expression now that his intentions had been laid bare. This was... extremely confusing, all things considered, and more than a bit of weird way to handle things. But at the same time, it didn't seem like he was making stuff up either. If anything, this worried youngster seemed a bit more genuine than the smug one from before.

"Again... sorry. I wasn't thinking," he repeated. "And what comes to the volume, well... my hearing's pretty busted. Ol' Noggin's gotten more licks than it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop."

He knocked his own head softly with a wry grin as if to demonstrate.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; January 8th, 2019 at 11:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

That look she has. Yeap. Looks like I blew it after all. It happens. Win some, lose some.

"Guess I'll just have to go learn so I can teach you."

That's a joke of course. If there are no girls at the beach, there's no me.

Maybe I should take it seriously though. Wouldn't be striking out here if I were a regular beach-goer. Should have taken some of those trips to Florida. Pop's work could have waited. It's not like I was even near deadline. Ever.

"Nah, you'll be hard pressed to find any Americans like me. There might be three or four... No, three should be the limit."

Weird question. Of course not all Americans are like me.

"Few people are half this smart. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone with this wit and charm."

Giving my head a rhythmic set of taps, I lean forward.

"And honestly," lowering my voice so the others nearby aren't likely to hear, I whisper from a comfortable distance, "you're probably not finding anybody indicative of the average Joe on this bus, and that includes you, right?"

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Alvena Cheshire

"Guess I'll just have to go learn so I can teach you."

"You would?"

Adelaide smiles at him, and something... it's a very beautiful expression. It's like her entire face lights up, eyes getting a little brighter. Its unexpectedness could take someone's breath away. For a second, blond hair highlighted by the sun, it makes her looks like - but that's silly.

Those don't exist.

"Few people are half this smart. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone with this wit and charm."

She laughs again, delicate fingers once more splaying across her mouth.

"Sure. If that's what you want to call it."

There's no bite to it, though. She's only teasing.

"And honestly, you're probably not finding anybody indicative of the average Joe on this bus, and that includes you, right?"

Adelaide looks out of the window, a glance at the scenery once again.

Even if she never interacts with it, the familiar sight - for a given value of familiar, it's just too bright here - is comforting.

"...I suppose so."

Her voice is low, too.

She glances over at Colt, and then down at the blueprints in his lap, tilting her head. She'd seen him scribbling away at them on the trip, but she hadn't pressed to look, lost in her own thoughts.

"You have a steady hand."
    Last edited by Mooncake; January 9th, 2019 at 02:47 AM.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    ---

Vivienne Bianchi

Phase:
    Morning Phase
    ---

A nod, as if acquiescing his presence, and a quiet, wordless wave as if to return the courtesy of his self-introduction -- that was all the girl gave to Alex Terrot before she faded into a stance of contemplation and reflection. Throughout the entire journey, her visage had remained placid, unchanging, it never gave even the slightest hint of a reaction to surrounding occurrences. Her body was no different, never budging or shifting in response to discomfort or weariness. The focus of her attention remained identical too: from the moment she had gotten seated onto the bus, her gaze never left the window, or rather it never left the scenery which scrolled by, outside the glass pane as the bus travelled towards this journey's destination.

And now, they were at Road's End. With said destination reached, the girl did not change, seemingly poised to remain like she was until it was time to get off the bus. However, at one point, it seemed like she realised something -- turning to face the person whom she had not addressed a single word to ever since they had greeted each other, the girl waved to them again, as if to get their attention. She then motioned about with her hands, the first being a pointing gesture towards the person, then one at herself, then one at the window, and finally, something which looked like she was pushing something up... perhaps was she inquiring if they wanted to open the windows to have a better look at the scenery?

The dirtied window did perhaps remove part of the charm of looking at such a scenic location...

Having passed her 'message', the girl tilted her head, staring at her seated companion with the same empty eyes. Perhaps that if they were attentive enough, the recipient of said stare could also notice that the small drawing book that she had held on to quite closely since the beginning of the journey, now lay open on her lap, with this drawing on it:

Drawing

When had she had the time to draw this anyways?
    Last edited by Ayakashi; January 9th, 2019 at 05:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"O-oh. Well, if you feel that is best to remain here, then I suppose I shouldn't question your judgement... Maybe I shall give it a chance as well, then."

It's an easy acquisition, but not one that I was particularly expecting; to go from 'absolutely I must leave' to an immediate 'perhaps it won't be so bad here' is more interesting then not.

"Y-yes, you're absolutely right! I shouldn't be so narrow-minded! This is a perfect chance isn't it? To experience this... common life, as it were, if I am to take over one day, I must make sure I know my customers, be they from any walk of life! Even if they call us merchants of death, that doesn't mean cannot respect our customers! No, you're absolutely right! T-this has been eye-opening if anything!"

Ah.

Firmness.

Determination.

Even if they are merchants of death, Cesarina Feroce is absolutely a person who will always try to do her best. I respect that in a person; that sort of determination is not something to ever be ignored. It's rather... interesting, to see from such a person, though. Delusional? Perhaps, but are not all great men delusional? Is not everyone with a dream a tad off-kilter?

I've changed my mind.

"Oh. I... I see. U-um, I apologize, I didn't want to presume and be so forward. That is... I did not want to offend you, since you seemed so p-pleasant."

I quite like Cesarina Feroce.

"Forward? Presumptuous?" I wink at the girl, leaning forward. "Just so you know, everyone is here. Just a bit. It's sort of a requirement of what these Americans like to do, so I've heard. Being forward is what they enjoy the most, right?"

I know nothing about Americans.

"In any case, a new life is just around the corner! With plenty of people to meet, plenty of places to see, and plenty of experiences to be had!"

It's true, and yet false. While Cesarina and I would be starting 'a new chapter' in our lives, there is no replacement for the ones we currently have. But at the same time, this earnest girl before me, who so desperately wants to be acknowledged... I can't bring myself to be as blunt as a mace. It's cruel, unnecessary, and entirely too vicious for someone like this. I am not by nature any of those things, and have no desire to be any of those things -- it's un-befitting for someone of my stature. So cheer up, little Zaza.

Your new life awaits.

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Huh?

"Huh?"

Maybe it's the noise. The ringing in my ears obscuring things. Because I could have just heard-.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Idiot Blockhead Dumbass Big Lumbering Baka Oaf
    "I thought it wouldn't be what you'd want to hear after sweating it out in this rust-box for hours and hours, so I, uh... I figured I'd give you an actual target. You know, easier to blame someone else than nothing at all? Might've been a stupid idea, yeah... sorry 'bout that."

Oh no. There's no way. I couldn't have been wrong. I'm never wrong. He's, no, this has to be, but, then, if he is, then-.

"I-idiot."

He's definitely an idiot.

"Most people fake being nice. You - you're the only person I've ever met to fake being an ass."

Oh, I was wrong. It hurts to admit it, but I might've gotten it totally wrong. There's proof, so it has to be true.

But it's not my fault! He's still a huge dumbass! What kind of, I mean, really! It's gotta be brain damage or something, from all those hits to the head! Why would you ever want to be-.

Oh.

"...Prushka. I'm Prushka. And I wasn't crying or anything."

It's math, I guess. Lion boy's just like everyone else, except backwards. So I guess... he might not be a bad person. Maybe.

I let go of the wire and lightly poke him in the chest.

"Getting angry only makes things hotter. It's better to cool off by complaining about the heat with someone that gets it."

Poke, poke.

"Name."