Page 169 of 244 FirstFirst ... 69119159164167168169170171174179219 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Elise Pelltier
    Phase: Evening Phase
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THU)
    Weather: Overcast

Elise bristled instinctively as Souma joined her in the dusty old storage closet and brushed past her to reach the stack of board games on the upper shelf. Given his utterly silent movements, there was an undeniable air of danger about Souma, heightened by the relatively close quarters of the old storage closet. She shook off the feeling of unease as Souma took his turn rifling through the board games.

Quote Originally Posted by Souma Nubata
    "I suppose this could be... interesting. Being Mr. X, on the run from the law... That sounds practically familiar."
    Souma's smile grew as he held up the box for Scotland Yard to her.

You're having way too much fun hinting at things but giving me nothing, aren't you?

"Practically familiar, eh? That sounds like interesting story, if you're willing to share," said Elise as she considered Souma's choice of Scotland Yard, "Scotland Yard is a good choice though! Chase games like that can be a lot of fun, although I have to admit, I think I liked being one of the detectives more."

Quote Originally Posted by Souma Nubata
    "... There is one. Over there. Though... are you planning on using that bucket to do what we came here to do...?"
    Is that eye really glowing? thought Elise as she stared into Souma's singular eye that seemed to glow in the dim light that still creeped into the old dormitory, No, no it isn't Just a trick of the light. I'm sure of it.

She pulled her eyes away from Souma's and followed his motion to the dark corner of the storage closet where a bucket was hiding from her. She made note of its location, and turned her attention back to Souma.

"Oh, no. Definitely not something related to our task. Buckets are just handy to have, you know? Never know when you might need to carry stuff around in one. Besides, I brought along this bag for, uh, what we came here to do," replied Elise as she gave her duffel bag at her side a pat.

Although if I used the bucket, I could grab all this stuff and carry that in my duffel bag- thought Elise as she eyed the shelf full of board games, No, no. Carrying someone in duffel bag is undignified, but carrying someone in a bucket almost certainly crosses a line. Also, it would raise way too many questions if anyone looked in at its contents. The bag at least offers some level of privacy.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Location: Pinefall High School – Main Building (Second Floor)
    Date: 08.09.1994

Do not underestimate John Dove’s ability to take things at face value.

There she is, the girl he had only met as a lifeless corpse. Slain not by mysterious powers or brutal violence, but a single, clean gunshot to the head. However, that experience in no way will color John’s behavior in the present time.

“Hmm. Problem 4, you say? 305 degrees is indeed a strange angle for a ramp. That wouldn’t even work for a wall, to be honest. Please let make take a look.”

Not paying heed to whatever reaction that may be taking shape on the other two girls’ faces, John follows after the nameless girl, leaning over her shoulder to examine her trigonometry work. He does not take long to find the issue, but he takes some extra moments to ponder the current circumstances.

So, what is he dealing with here? Is this her natural behavior, or an escapist response to extreme fear? Did some sort of alternate personality trigger inside that closet? Neither possibility would explain her apparent familiarity with them, unless she has been spying on everyone in Pinefall’s First Class these past days, which is hard to believe. Maybe somebody else has fed her knowledge on him and his classmates. And then there is the fact that she is doing their homework, which implies that she has been attending classes. Has she been watching and listening from the ceiling all this time? Why? Is the faculty aware of her? But, if they were, it would be a rather extreme reason that keeps them from having her join as an ordinary student. On the other hand, if the faculty is not aware of her existence, then why is she following the curriculum? A need for ‘routine’, similar to her prayer for ‘homeliness’?

“Ah, there it is,” he lies, for he saw the problem already some moments ago. “You used cosine instead of sine in one place. Take a closer look and I’m sure you’ll find it.”

It is only then that he looks at Prushka and Ubon, his vaguely expressive look saying something like “So? What now?”

“Now, you’ll have to excuse me for being terrible with names. You know very well that I am John; can I have yours?”

Do not underestimate John Dove’s ability to take things at face value!

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka
    Phase: Evening Phase (THU)

No good, huh?

Of course, there's no way she'd want to come out. When three strangers barge into your shelter and suddenly address you, there's no way you'd be able to deal with it. If one were to classify this situation, we are clearly aggressors who are poking around where we shouldn't be, like the sort of protagonists that think it's fine to walk into random houses and take things from their owners with only adventure as an excuse.

I messed up again. Can't do anything right anymore.

"W-we can leave if you want-."

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "O-oh my goodness..."
    Eh?

"---eh?"

Eeeeeeh?

What's with this strange fluffy creature?

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    "I-it was just you three? Oh my gosh I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. T-that was mean of you, Prushka! I-I'm not very good with surprises, so appearing at my door out of nowhere like that... Honestly. Honestly, I say..."

"M-m-mean..."

The force of the soft words from the fluffy girl are nearly enough to bowl me over.

What has this world come to? Where did it all go wrong? It wasn't supposed to be like this...

As the strange girl walks past, having knocked me out with a single blow, I am left to bleed out on the floor...

At least John can help her with the math problems... he's good at studying...

Except...

I can at least drag myself over and help out before passing on.

"305 is... the exterior angle... so the interior would be 55 degrees... oh... no... different question..."

Nope, once again, couldn't do it.

"H-hey... did we... meet before..?"

Clearly John doesn't know who she is. I can only weakly shake my head as well. Ubon, do you know?

"I'll help clean up... so please forgive me..."

Ah, it's over... everything's over...

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "I'm a little curious I suppose. Doesn't really mesh well with the rest of the garden, you know? Does it have some kind of cool story behind it? Club mascot? Something like that?"
    Sierra pursed her lips momentarily, rising from her squatting position and dusting off her skirt. She turned her head back towards the onyx-colored statue, her single eye taking in the form. The humanoid shape, the frilly, old clothes with a gothic edge to them, one hand hiding the left eye from view, another holding up a spade, the great big grin on its face... all of it was observed in minute detail. For a moment the girl didn't seem to want to start her explanation, and her body shivered every so slightly... but then those feelings were pushed aside.

It was almost like a preteen remembering her childhood, when she was afraid to go to the basement, and claiming that fear had been ridiculous.

"It's not a mascot per se. If anything, it's a... statue built in honor of someone who doesn't exist. A founder's statue, I guess you could call it. Daddy had it made at the same time as he started building this place. Was one of the first things he put up here after the foundation, too. Apparently it's because he's thankful for the person it represents, but who he doesn't even know was real..." Sierra started, walking towards the statue while she talked. "It's a bit... well. it's quite ugly, right? Not the person, though even she looks somehow off, but the way it's built of black marble or something is just... it's too dark for a garden like this. I'm not even sure why Daddy wanted it to look like this. But it is what it is... and it's the reason why the country club is named how it is. This is the namesake of this place... in other words - The Spade Queen."

Sierra sighed and closed her single eye.

"Daddy's muse, as he called her."

Hawthorne kept an expressionless face as he listened to the young girl talk. From the looks of it, this wasn't the first time he had heard this story, which was quite likely. After all, he did work here. So either Sierra or his father must have explained the statue to him before.

"Back almost twenty years ago was Daddy's lowest point, or so he says. He was just out of high school and didn't know what to do. Lot of... lot of bad things had happened to him, and he said he was a wreck back then. But then, in Spokane, he met... his muse. The way Daddy tells it, he's not even sure whether or not she was real. He worked at the Fairchild Air Force Base at the time, and she was there... maybe. Perhaps. If she was, she was neither an employee nor a guest, just someone who he thought he saw at the base from time to time. But she spoke to him and helped him through those dark times, gave him hope and a new direction in life. Inspired him," Sierra continued to explain in a quiet voice. "She brought him together with like-minded people over the years. West, Feroce, Bianchi, Barrett... influental families all. Together they helped each other, and in the end... they were all rewarded for it. All in their own field. Daddy became a big name as an architect, systems theorist and such, and made a whole lot of money. So when he decided to make an early 'retirement home' for himself here in Road's End... he wanted to thank the person who made it all possible."

Sierra gestured vaguely towards the statue.

"But since Daddy was so out of it back then, he doesn't know if she really even existed or not. But, he dreams of her every now and then, he says," Sierra added, after a moment of silence. "Maybe it's because of the statue, but I..."

For just a moment, a pained expression flashed on the girl's face, and she put her hand on the eye covered by the eyepatch.

"--- I think I've seen her in my dreams too."

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "By the way Noah, what are you doing, incidentally? Also, how did you get here? I'm fairly certain you're not a member of the student body or the faculty."
    Noah stopped fiddling with the number lock of the box and turned back to look at the blonde girl. That mysterious, aloof smile on his face had not wavered a bit nor disappeared when the girl had been talking about filling the sockets of a skull with a ruby, or when she professed that tools of death were more familiar to her than those of writing. If anything, he didn't seem to pay any serious attention to them, letting those words flow in from one ear and out of another - like an adult humouring a child by listening to their flights of fancy.

But now... there was a hint of seriousness on the boy's face.

He cocked his eyebrow and spread his hands to the side, so that the overly long sleeves wobbled like pendulums.

"... Why. I'm an intern, of course. At End's Mercy hospital," he said like it had been the most obvious thing. "Oh but I'm also an industrial spy, so that would make me a double-agent. Perhaps a triple-agent, I don't know yet. Guess time will tell..."

He left those slightly ominous words hanging in the air, as if he hadn't just casually implied he was using the only hospital of Road's End to further his own goals.

But... an industrial spy?

How did he know Travis, then?

After all, those two certainly seemed like they had known each other for quite a while...

"... As for what I'm trying to do, is opening this lockbox where I'm pretty sure your school nurse keeps her secret records, reports and files. I want to see the stuff she truly cares about and writes about. But so far, I'm having no luck opening it up," he continued, turning back to the number lock and started punching random numbers in once more. "I could try to break it, but that would just get me in trouble since it would be easy to notice. Ah well, have to go about it the old-fashioned way..."

With a sigh, Noah's head lolled around like that of a particularly bored doll.

"... You wouldn't happen to know a date that's important to your school's nurse?" he asked, glancing over his shoulder back at Alexstrasza. "I figure that's what this would be, since it's an 8-digit code..."

A date important to Ronja Leuzinger?

Or perhaps another code with 8 numbers in it...

Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Only $1,000 for a beauty like this… are you sure you’re okay letting me rob you like that?”
    A smirk broke through Frauke's previous frown as she accepted the money.

"Usually? Perhaps not. But I have a soft-spot for the wunderkind of your high school. Not to mention... I owe it your sister," the tiny shop-owner explained, her voice toned with hint of gentleness. "Or as Dora likes to put, I'm too soft for young people caught up in an adventure! Which is nonsense, by the way. Just because I like to help out those in need, especially when they're against forces of the unknown, doesn't mean I'm some bleeding heart, I say..."

Still grumbling to herself (but with an umistakeable grin on her face), Frauke pocketed the money and then waltzed over to the workbench. From somewhere she pulled out a dark grey gun case branded with the logo of Das Thulewerk - a circle of sun with the greek letter Upsilon in the middle - at the very center. Then, humming to herself, she took the shotgun that Colt had chosen and pressed it against the undisturbed foam within the case. Like some sort of jelly or thick liquid, the foam (if it even was that) started to mold itself so that a perfect hole was formed for the gun. The chosen ammunition soon followed, each given it's own slot underneath the barrel of the gun where they were easily accessible. Then, with a quiet whistle, Frauke snapped the case shut and hoisted it up, carrying it over to Colt.

"Press your thumb there, please."

The shop-owner pointed the symbol of Das Thulewerk in the middle. Once Colt had done as asked, he could feel an odd pulse resonating from within his finger, and the symbol itself glowed slightly red for a moment. Giving the case and the boy a satisfied nod, Frauke finally handed it to her.

"There. Now it is locked, and can be opened by your fingerprint only. Press against the symbol and the locks will be released, allowing you access to the weapon," she explained. "If you have any more questions, feel free to call or come visit. Here, our Telefonnummer."

The said number was handed to the boy on a small post-it note.

With the transaction now done, Tris glanced over to Colt, before pointing her thumb towards the door sheepishly.

"So, uh..." she started. "Tea, then?"

Blog Entries
    Elaine Winters
    Date: 08.09.1994 (THURS)

"B-bah!"

Letting out a sound that was somewhere between a snort and a panicked yelp, Kean hastily swatted the hand away from his shoulder. Just one look at the back of the boy's head made it clear that his face must have been so red it was practically burning up. Even the tips of his ears were a fancy shade of crimson, and his shoulders were lifted... yeah, it was almost like watching a cat that was about to flee. For someone who most of the time kept everyone at arm's length with his attitude and snarky comments, this sort of honest talk was clearly taking its toll.

Taking some quick steps away from Elaine once more, the Irish boy did his best to calm down his breathing (and most likely his emotions), letting the lull in the conversation turn into a moment of silence. It wasn't awkward, but not exactly comfortable either - a sort of middle-ground between those who had known each other for a long time, but never really had talks like these before.

But after that moment of quiet...

"--- Urgh. Seriously..."

Kean grumbled again, but at the same time, he instinctively put his left hand over the spot that Elaine had touched just a moment ago. It was almost like the boy didn't realize he was touching that same shoulder like he had been fondly remembering the hand there just moments ago.

"Please. You're hardly an innocent maiden, and I'm certainly not a knight in shining armor. I think we both know those are rare in the line of work we're in," he grumbled, still red on his face. "Just like complete monsters are. We don't live in a world of absolutes, just these vague shades of grey that come and go depending on what side we're on. That's the annoying part, isn't it? Nobody's inherently evil or completely irredeemable - everyone does what they do for a reason, are who they are because of causes. It's all about what we believe things to be."

Then, after drawing breath once as if to gather courage, Kean glanced over his shoulder to look at Elaine. While the boy's face was still quite red, there was also stern seriousness on it, like he was even more sure of a decision he had made than he had been before.

"So if you decide that that I'm more than what was built as, that I'm a human to you despite what I know to be true, then... I'm going to do the same," he said quietly. "I'll believe that you're more than what you think you are. No matter what you yourself say."

His eyes stared at the floor, and that blush deepened a bit.

"--- You're a human to me, too. Just a normal girl like any other."

With the silence that fell after his words, Kean turned around, quite unable to look Elaine straight in the face now. Instead her rubbed his left arm and gazed at the door to the garage, almost like wondering aloud if the the treatment was going to take long and if they could get back there already, out of this quite vulnerable atmosphere.

Lucille Faraday

"A-a host to a demon...?"

It had been a while since Lucillle had heard Sakura's voice quiver like that.

The eyes of the maid went wide as plates, and she staggered backwards, having to use the wall of the bathroom for support. The older girl's expression was horrified, and she had gone as pale as a bedsheet - a far cry from her usual stoic, almost machine-like attitude when it came to work. The reason was clear enough, of course. Even for someone like Sakura, who had seen some of the worst things that the Turnside could offer, these news were... well, there weren't much worse news one could have brought up.

To a member of the Church, a demon was akin to a natural disaster.

It was nigh impossible to stop if it went past a certain limit. One of the first things taught to members of the Church was that if they came across a host of a demon who had progressed past a certain point was to evacuate the area, the town or even the city where the host was. In case of powerful demons, the main action to be taken wasn't taking down the demon or exorcising it, but mitigating civilian casualties as much as was possible. The best way to save human lives in these situations was to get them as far away from the host as possible before engaging. And even that engagement should only be done with a full team, not one or two members of the orders.

Of course, this was when the case involved a major demon. A named one that was more than just an errant violent impulse or thought born of humans themselves - a being with its own name, history and power. But Sakura made no mistake, for the way Lucille referred to the demon and how she approached the subject... well, if it was just a minor demon akin to that, nothing more than a persistent violent thought in Elise's head, then Lucille wouldn't have brought it up with a voice so grave.

"I... suppose you're not - no, I presume you're not mistaken, milady. You wouldn't bring it up like this if you were unsure. So, Elise is of our denomination, and she has been saddled with a burden as huge as that..." Sakura repeated, before her eyes narrowed and she bit her lip. "... That poor girl. I can't imagine what kind of hell her daily life is. And yet she always is so cheerful. Damn it, I... I should have noticed it earlier."

Heaving a sigh that sounded almost guilty, Sakura lifted her hands and slapped her cheeks, driving some more gusto into herself.

Then, she leveled a determined gaze towards her employer.

"Do you have a plan regarding that, Lady Lucille? Is there something we can do?" she asked. "And... do you think the demon is connected to what you're experiencing regarding time?"

Anna Vandemeel

The expression on Minato's face hardened considerably, and a steel-like glint appeared within his eyes. While it was nowhere near the coldness that he had exhibited back in the hospital, it was still a clear step towards that direction. Without missing a beat, he leaned over the table towards Anna, and brought his face closer to hers. Ramia, sensing the tension building again, held her breath as if in preparation for something... but the situation didn't explode fater all. Instead, that freezing chill was simply directed at Anna, in a way that left no questions about Minato's willingness to do what he had alluded to.

"... I don't care if you threaten me. I don't care if you hurt me. Or question me. But threaten my sisters..." Minato's voice was a quiet growl - he wasn't playing around. "... And you've crossed a line you can't come back from."

Anger born out of worry for his immediate family.

Both noble and foolish, and certainly not a mark of a mage from a long lineage. While Minato's powers and experience were still mostly unknown, it was clear that he wasn't part of some clan or a house that had long since understood the rules by which Turnside played, and just how cruel and callous mages could be. Instead he let his emotions get the better of him out of slightest provocation when his sisters were brought up. Indeed, it was foolish and it was immature for a mage, but at the same time it also revealed something very important of the boy...

Most likely, he wasn't a callous, cold killer.

No one who would get angry at something like this could be.

He just tried to act like one.

"Now now, Minato - I don't think that's what Anna here meant," Ramia interjected, flashing her wide grin once more. "I understand you're feeling threatened by us just coming over like this and her saying that, but the latter was just response to your attitude, yeah? So perhaps we can all calm down a little bit and stop competing whose magic wand is bigger, hmm?"

This was accompanied by a gaze levelled at both Minato and Anna that told them to calm down. For the boy, Ramia seemed to wordlessly indicate he shouldn lower those quills of his if they were to talk, and for Anna it was a clear message to try not to provoke the guy already on the edge.

Then, after that awkward silence that lasted for good ten seconds...

--- Minato finally relented with a sigh and leaned back in his chair.

"... Whatever. Water under the bridge. I just... never mind. You wouldn't get it, and it's too bothersome to explain," the boy said, brushing aside emotional issues in such a simple way. "Anyways..."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to remember what Anna's other question had been, before continuing.

"I... we don't know who our father was. Never did. But we knew that we were siblings from our childhood onward, when our mothers found each other while searching for the same father who disappeared. And ever since they... weren't around, we've been trying to find the one living relative we have in the world. Our father. First by legitimate means, but after those failed us... by our skills," Minato explained grumpily. "Thanks to my younger sister, we knew that our father would appear here. And since we fell well within the marging of students that Oceandrop Program was looking for, it was our easiest way in. We applied, got accepted, and came here. Now, as per Zhou's plan, we're spending the week before the school starts by observing the town."

A momentary, confused frown appeared on Minato's face right afterwards.

"... What I don't get is why there's already other students like you two here, though."

Blog Entries
    Elise Pelltier

"Ah."

Souma continued to smile his enigmatic smile.

"I see."

With that, he seemed to loose interest in the bucket and the room in general. Instead, he wandered around it for a while, but after nothing caught his interest, he moved over to the doorway. From there, he moved into the next room over and gazed at the boarded up windows with slight curiosity in his eyes. He ran his gloved hand across them, taking in the wear and tear of the wood, before apparently noticing... something. With a slightly raised eyebrow, Souma removed the glove from his left hand and touched the surface of one of the planks again, as if to make sure. Then he pressed his nails against it softly, almost like he was about to scratch it... and after few seconds pulled his hand back.

The glove was back on, and the boy stopped whatever mysterious thing he was doing. Instead, he put one hand in his pocket, while the other rested against his side. Turning around quietly, he faced Elise once more, eye focused on her visage completely.

"... As for whether or not I'm willing to share that story..."

For a moment, Elise was sure of it.

She saw a hint of a grin break through Souma's smile.

Pearly white teeth that were enjoying this cryptic nonsense that he was pulling, pushing the buttons of his classmates and then retreating when they demanded answers.

"... No, I don't think I am."

Leaving behind a silky, deep laughter that echoed in the shadows, Souma headed out of the room and into the corridors, having apparently gotten his share of entertainment from this place. Then again, he had a point. The two of them had come here to do a job, and they had been sidetracked by buckets and boargames (and something else, but it wasn't as if Souma knew about that). Perhaps it was truly best to get back on track, which was why Elise hurried after the boy.

Catching up to him was easy enough to do, and soon enough by following Hisa's directions, Elise found the room that the scarred girl had mentioned. It lay at the far end of the hallway, and the door was slightly ajar and the dust and debris here had been disturbed before. With ease, she was able to open the door, while Souma hung back merely observing what was happening.

Beyond that, what was revealed was as expected. A small, familiar-looking room just like all the dormitory rooms - only this one was abandoned and empty. It was in a disheveled state, with nary a piece of furniture in it. However, there was one way it did separate itself from its brethren on this floor. The large wardrobe (almost a walk-in closet) that could be found in the room had its door oddly... bent. Like a gorilla or something had shoved the door back in and made sure it wouldn't be easy to open. Not only that, there was something written to the door. On the faint off-white surface of the wardrobe, with big, blackened letters made with dripping liquid a long time ago, something had been written... something which, thanks to the darkened atmosphere of the room, caused a natural chill.

It was a piece of text - one made with foreign language.

"TU FUI, EGO ERIS"

Prushka & John Dove

Unfortunately, John Dove's question fell to deaf ears.

Indeed, there were far more pressing matters to attend - at least in the mind of this strange fluffy girl.

Letting out a strange sort of sound of shock, she put her hands to her cheeks in a natural yet exaggerated pose of surprise, eyes locked onto Prushka. Then the girl scrambled to her feet and hurried over to the shorter girl, who had, in a daze, began to clean up. Expertly and swiftly, the strange girl took all the items out of Prushka's hands and gently guided her to sit down on one of the chairs. However, as she did so, all those present could notice something odd about her gesture. She took care not to let Prushka's physically touch her at any point, and meticulously avoided touching Prushka herself. Even when she guided Prushka to sit down, she did it with gestures and "hover-hands" so to speak.

"O-oh goodness, oh my gosh, I'm s-so sorry Prushka... I didn't mean it like that! You just gave me a heckuva scare, that's all! I-I'm sorry I called you mean, I was so thoughtless - honestly!" the fluffy girl spoke, trying to calm the other girl down. "C-can I get you something? Tea? Snacks? I-I think I have some momo left somewhere, I can get you some if... oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! P-please come back to us, Prushka!"

While this strange show continued to unfold, Ubon - looking like she had no idea what was going on, quietly tip-toed over to John. The cyanhead peered at the amusing yet strange scene happening before their very eyes, her stare hopping from the two tiny girls to John, then to the girls, then back again. Finally, with a bit of a sheepish look on her face, Ubon rubbed the back of her neck and raised her hand, almost like she had been in a classroom.

"U-umm! I'm... I'm with John on this, for realsies," Ubon commented. "That is, uh... who... who are you? I-I don't think we ever heard your name..."

The fluffy girl's eyes snapped to the duo, and for a moment, she stared at them, dumbfounded. Then, with creeping redness rising to her cheeks, she scooted away from Prushka all so that she could shyly fiddle with her fingers and stared at her feet, unable to meet the gazes of those who were present.

"O-oh, umm... oh gosh... that's right, you probably don't know my name... S-sorry, I always let my daydreams get ahead of me. I-I had this elaborate scenario built up i-in my head where we were all friends and hung out after school and... oh my gooooosh, this is too embarassing!" the girl squealed out, pulling her hood over her blushing face. "Y-y-you don't actually have any idea who I am and now you'll think I'm a weirdo and a creep and oh no, oh no, oh goodness no---!"

The flat glance Ubon fixed at John pretty much asked: What is even going on anymore?

"T-that's alright. We can still fix this, and nobody here thinks you're weird, for realsies!" Ubon replied, trying to message with her eyes for Prushka and John to back her up. "For example, we can start with your name! You know our names, but who are you?"

The girl, still hiding under her hood, squeaked out two words.

Very foreign sounding words.

"A-Alpa... Alpa Bāgha."

New Person Met!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

Really? This was the topic that he wanted to cover in more detail? Two members of the Turnside showed up at his door out of the blue and the main line of inquiry he had was related to the fact why Pinefall, a suspicious school, but a school nonetheless, had students in it?

“…err… that’s because school started at the beginning of this week?” Momentary confusion appeared on Anna’s face as her, clearly questioning, eyes flickered over to Ramia. “Correct me if I’m wrong, Indiana, but I’m pretty sure we took the bus here and attended some classes, right? Useless classes, for sure, but I still distinctly remember taking part in them, at least.”

“Oh and if we didn’t, do let me know.” A dry grin played on the Estonian girl’s lips for a second. “Knowing if I’ve completely gone off my rocker or not would be rather helpful at this point.”

Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"Eeyup!"

Ramia folded her arms across her body and nodded strongly.

"The school started this week, buddy. Meaning you've been skipping a heck of a lot of classes already," she said with an amused grin. "Though, if you weren't informed, I guess that explains why there were so many empty seats in the bus when we arrived."

Indeed, if the Coastrise siblings had arrived at the same time as everyone else, the bus would have certainly felt less empty at parts. Though then again, would even that have been enough? And if there were more empty seats, did that mean something? Or was it just a coincidence? Well, who even knows... and was it even important at this point? Perhaps, perhaps not.

Still, it wasn't acute line of thought. Instead what should have been focused on was the fact that Minato Coastrise was looking like he had been suckerpunched. The boy gazed aside from the two girls at the table, recollecting his thoughts. Confusion battled growing frown on his face, and for a moment it looked like he wanted to throw aside his dignity and scratch that shaggy ball of spikes that he called his hair in frustration. But instead of doing so, he murmured something else.

"But... how? Zhou was supposed to double-check the schedules. Despite how she is, she doesn't do mistakes. Not to mention, scouting out the school is her responsibility," Minato grumbled, his eyebrows furrowed. "How could she not notice the students coming in? That doesn't make sense... I'm sure she said we were one week ahead, and to leave reconnaissance to her while we---"

Suddenly.

Minato's eyes shot wide open, as if he had realized.

Ramia, having arrived to a similar conclusion, chuckled.

"Whaaat? Were you tricked by your own sister?" the husky-voiced mercenary asked, grinning widely. "Uh oh, Spaghetti-O's!"

Minato, on the other hand, looked like a growing migraine had assaulted him. The boy leaned against the table with his elbows and buried his scowling face in his hands.

"I swear to gods that Juicehead... I'll break her glasses and hide her contacts," the boy muttered into his palms. "This is the last time...!"

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

Noah stopped fiddling with the number lock of the box and turned back to look at the blonde girl. That mysterious, aloof smile on his face had not wavered a bit nor disappeared when the girl had been talking about filling the sockets of a skull with a ruby, or when she professed that tools of death were more familiar to her than those of writing. If anything, he didn't seem to pay any serious attention to them, letting those words flow in from one ear and out of another - like an adult humouring a child by listening to their flights of fancy.

But now... there was a hint of seriousness on the boy's face.

He cocked his eyebrow and spread his hands to the side, so that the overly long sleeves wobbled like pendulums.

"... Why. I'm an intern, of course. At End's Mercy hospital," he said like it had been the most obvious thing. "Oh but I'm also an industrial spy, so that would make me a double-agent. Perhaps a triple-agent, I don't know yet. Guess time will tell..."

He left those slightly ominous words hanging in the air, as if he hadn't just casually implied he was using the only hospital of Road's End to further his own goals.

But... an industrial spy?

How did he know Travis, then?

After all, those two certainly seemed like they had known each other for quite a while...

"A triple agent?" I said with wide unblinking eyes. I tapped a finger to my lips, smiling slightly. "My my, you must be a man with many..."

I removed an imaginary headpiece from my head.

"Hats, Noah Whiteknife. And here I am as a simple student, basking in your presence. Should I be more grateful, or is how I act good enough?"

I peered at him and blinked twice, before turning to look at the box, frowning.

"A number? Hold on, let me think..." I murmured, rubbing the brim of my imaginary witch's hat, feeling a bit of the spiked edge above my forehead.

Did Ronja ever mention any numbers to me? In all honesty, I haven't the head for numbers at all. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect memory simply isn't my strong suit in anyway, despite all appearances otherwise when it came to magic. A small gasp left my lips, and my eyes went wide with shock. Was I, perhaps... a bit of an airhead?

I quickly slapped my cheeks with my hands, clasping them under my face with a smile. What an absurd thought. Must be something in the air. Or the possibility of my death. Or the entire situation as a whole.

"I haven't the faintest idea! Perhaps its her birthday? I'm not sure I'm daring enough to ask a woman her age, though."

I smiled brightly at him, sending him a wink.

"Maybe you should ask her and see how it goes?"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries

Alexstrasza Lockhart

As it turned out, Noah Whiteknife was not daring enough to ask.

Or rather, as he put it while wearing nothing but the most genuine smile, he was not stupid enough that he would even suggest something so immediately incriminating and that only those who had not an ounce of understanding how the real world worked would come up with such a suggestion. Then, still apparently nothing but cheerful after giving out such verbal lashing towards Alexstrasza, he had hummed happily to himself while putting the metal lockbox back to where he had found it. Apparently it would be a mystery to another, or when he was able to find someone who actually paid attention to important dates or numbers around them, and wasn't being a relative waste of space sitting there next to a million-dollar investment experiencing some sort of malfunction.

Honestly, his absolutely unabashed tongue and shameless attitude made the ambulance ride to End's Mercy more than a bit awkward.

But not as awkward as the fact that Tiberia Stentato rode in the back with Alexstrasza, Hwan and Cesarina, and spent most of the journey tapping her finger against her knee like she had hundred places to be and this was the last thing she needed on her plate right about now.

Still, not too much later, the main doors of End's Mercy swished open, revealing a lobby that was vaguely familiar to the blonde girl after last week. Cesarina had been set on a stretcher and was now being wheeled deeper into the building, straight towards and elevator. A couple of nurses hurried around the stretcher itself, attaching strange bags to elevatod poles, and those poles then to the stretcher itself. Was a drip being attached to Cesarina? Perhaps. That's what it looked like, at least. However, more interesting was the young, jackal-like doctor who had practically burst through the double doors from deeper into the building as the green-haired girl had entered into the lobby.

"Pupil constriction?"

He barked out that question with a curt, cold voice. One of the nurses hurried to answer.

"Positive, sir. She's still awake and most likely conscious. We have a report here from Dr. Leuzinger, she was first to assess-"

Clicking his tongue, the man snatched the paper from her hands and gave it a once over.

"Prep the EEG and get us some fosphenytoin and pimavanserin, on the double. We're moving to the second floor - closed doors procedure."

The nurse nodded, hurrying along.

"Yes, sir!"

Meanwhile, Tiberia Stentato marched after the stretcher and the doctor, soon falling into step with him. With a quiet voice that Alexstrasza couldn't hear, she began to discuss something with him, while both of them glanced back towards Cesarina's immovable-looking form.

However, as Alexstrasza and Noah tried to follow after them...

"Aah, sorry... I'm afraid that's as far as you can go for now."

A familliar face stepped on their paths, blocking them from following the stretcher as it was wheeled through double-doors into a hallway, and towards an elevator.

"Sorry. I know you want to keep an eye on your friend miss, but that'll have to wait till they're done. And..." Albert Roslin started, before shooting a befuddled look at Noah. "Wait. Whiteknife? What are you doing here?"

Noah laughed and flapped his overly long sleeves.

"... I dunno. Guess I can't stay away even though it's my day off..."

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

"..."

---She does not interrupt the story until it's over.

There are quite a few things that come across as interesting inside of it of course, not just in the words themselves, but how Sierra herself acted while telling the story; it's akin to watching someone struggle with some sort of childhood fear, like a creepy looking clown doll strategically placed in the corner of your room by a certain mom who thought it would be funny, or in this case...

A creepy onyx statue out in the gardens, one that she's sure looks even more malevolent under the light of the moon that it did right now, an ugly tumor sticking out of what was otherwise quite the artistic place...

Yes.

She has some sort of negative history with the statue... Not that she can blame her...

It's ugly.

---But as the story goes on, things get a bit more uncomfortable, even if her own expression never changes, thoughtful and contemplative as more than a few familiar names are presented by the girl... Names of some of her classmates back at Pinefall, and not just those she knew in passing either, no, the Feroce had come to light, and well...

Cesarina.

A group of people brought together by a Muse, a Muse who this statue was apparently made in honor of (much less cute than the Muse she knew) someone who appeared in dreams, who the father couldn't tell was real or not, yes...

To most, it's just a simple bizarre story.

If her dad was as much of a wreck as the story implied, there were a number of ways to explain away the hallucinations of a woman... Drugs, alcohol, stress...

But she doubted it.

It was just a gut feeling, but people's gut feelings are right more often than they might admit, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra
    "--- I think I've seen her in my dreams too."
    Her eye...

...it's the motion of her going for her eye as if in pain, as if recalling some distant memory of hurt, that really stokes her suspicions...

Dot?

According to Pru, she seemed to have a bit of a thing for eyes, and even this statue was purposefully one-eyed...

A monster wandering the forest of the unconscious, taking away people's eyes, and thus altering how they see the World in a very literal sense... Or heck, in some cultures eyes were thought to be the windows to the soul, so taking one could be thought of as taking a piece of someone else's soul... It could be something like that, of course she's merely guessing, Dot had come up so many times today that she might simply be seeing her everywhere, but...

"Well, it's certainly creepy enough to haunt dreams I guess," voice light, as if to show that there's nothing to be afraid of, the young woman nevertheless keeps her eyes on Sierra as she talks, "Especially if you can just see it outside your window at night... It'd be a creepy shape, no doubt about it. Prime fuel for bad dreams..."

...she could probably get a bit more information on this...

Dot seems to behave in a very specific way in dreams, so...

She blinks.

"I'm guessing they're bad dreams anyway... Am I right?"

She tilts her head to the side again, then with a comforting smile...

"They don't seem like very happy dreams... Want to talk about em?"

Offers to be a confidant.

"I'm not the best with dreams of course, but I am a Knight, so... I know a thing or two about dealing with Knightmares."

No shame.

An attempt at lightening the girl's heart slightly, but still...

To go that far, well...

A cat meows in protest.
    Last edited by Airen; November 4th, 2020 at 04:42 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Each step I took uphill towards the sounds only confirmed my hypothesis. The unlikely sound of metal clashing repeatedly at an inhumanly fast pace. I only slowed myself down once I was almost in what I believed was visible range. After spotting the two combatants, I slowed down massively to reduce the odds of being detected. Eventually I found an area that would provide cover and concealment whilst also keeping distance.

Now that I am situated, I could finally analyze the two combatants. One of them was someone I expected, Lobo the King of Currumpaw with his dual spears and green armor, relishing every moment of the fight. It was a miracle that I managed to talk myself out of fighting with him that night. Even with a peace offering, his bloodlust was overflowing and he was fully intent on killing me for a majority of his meeting.

The other was someone I’ve never seen before. They were clad in a crimson outfit, equipped with multiple knives, and their general demeanor… It was like staring at my gun… or a mirror of how I was a long time ago. They were a weapon first and foremost. The mission will be completed regardless of the means or methods. Collateral damage doesn’t even cross their mind.

It didn’t take much for me to decide on who to support. I could negotiate with only one of them at this time. Lobo, I could reason with some difficulty. The crimson one could only be reasoned with if I met his handler. I didn’t have the time nor the means to track said handler down. So that meant I could only support one person. Even the sudden realization what the daggers the crimson one were shaped like didn’t change my decision.

However, I won’t shoot just yet… I need to shoot right when it will give Lobo an opportunity to finish off his opponent or to save him. Doubtful that I need to assist him since I met him last Friday Night. Might as well keep them on the crimson one on their toes by changing the angle of my shots.

Actions
    Vier Wolff is preparing to:
    Action 1: Shoot
    Action 2: Reposition and hide
    Action 3: Shoot

Vier Wolff Stats

HP 37 (?)
    OD 60
    Stats
    STR D (?)
    WIL ???
    END D (?)
    INT A
    AGI B
    EGO ???

Equipment
    HK UMP45
    Weapon Type: Modern
    Weapon Range: 150
    Weapon Damage: 12

Special Gun Attachment: Suppressor (Rank A)
    • When in hiding, those without Perception Rank A or higher cannot hear you, and thus, shooting with this gun does not break your stealth when it comes to them. Situational Buffs and Debuffs.

Special Gun Attachment: Red Dot Sight (Rank A)
    • +25% to Accuracy

Heckler and Koch wished to create a lighter and more powerful successor to the MP5. The end result was the UMP series. The UMP series could be chambered for three different calibers: 9mm, 40 S&W, and .45ACP. Vier's weapon of choice for when close range fight occurs. Equipped with a suppressor for quietness and red dot sight for close quarters. Vier is capable of eliminating any close to medium range threat with a single clip of her UMP45.

410th Tactical Gear

Armor Type: Modern Medium
    Armor: 4
    Modern Bonus: 2
    Classical Bonus: 4
    Supernatural Bonus: 0
    The 410th Fireteam's tactical gear. While it appears to be a normal hoodie with a skirt and tights look, the entire outfit is woven with a special nanomaterial created by the German Special Operations R&D. While it looks deceptively thin, the weight is still comparable to normal tactical gear and looks abnormal in terms of construction.

Vier supplements the 410th Gear with a few additions for her comfort. These supplements add no additional armor and could be worn without the armor, but would reveal Vier openly to others. These supplements are her chest rig that allows her to easily access some of her magazines and elbow/kneepads.

"Huh my 410th gear has been fully restored...
    I could have swore I got this fairly damaged back in Sweden
    And that fully repairing this was impossible. Especially
    due to the impossibility of making the nanomaterial fibers
    again without access to the R&D labs..."

Last edited by Kuroyuki; November 4th, 2020 at 02:50 PM.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alexstrasza Lockhart

"Aah, sorry... I'm afraid that's as far as you can go for now."

"Can't go forward?" I asked, tilting my head with wide eyes. "Are you quite sure? I've already promised to be on my best behavior, after all."

It was a pity, but somewhat inevitable. While tragic, I don't think anything else was expected, as I nervously fiddled with my skirt and tried to peek in through the windows.

"... I dunno. Guess I can't stay away even though it's my day off..."
    "I brought Noah for emotional support!" I said, giving the boy a thumbs up and a wink. "After all, I was very distraught after Cesarina collapsed, and wanted to make sure I didn't faint, like some sort of damsel in distress! Noah was kind enough to come along."
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    "Shall we get to work?" he asked, flashing a grin at Adelaide. "We are on a schedule, after all."

"Indeed! We should not tardy here for long. Let us get started!"

Clasping her hands, she took some time to size up the premise before beginning her search for objects and details of interest. There was a notable liveliness in her motions, a very palpable curiosity... one could even say that she had no idea what she was doing! Was she really searching for clues or instead, was Adelaide Cheshire bumbling around aimlessly hoping to find something of value?

Truly an actor in her prime element. Ladies of high society were not trained after all in investigative matters, thus it was all the more obvious that Adelaide Cheshire had no idea how to apply herself to the search! Though well, while the little sighs and exclamations she let off betrayed her befuddlement and confusion, there was a certain logic and efficiency behind this clueless buffoon's veil. It was after all... a veil... but it was maybe obstructing the clarity of a certain actress more than what she wanted.

The tragedy of getting too much in character, no?

Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Sierra snorted at the horrible pun in response. The momentarily pained look was gone from the young girl's face, and had instead been replaced by something akin to artificial annoyance at the stupid joke. So, perhaps Liana's attempt at easing the atmosphere had worked... or perhaps Sierra had allowed it to work on herself. It was hard to say. After all, while the girl was wise for her age, she was - as noted before - still a kid. How much of her actions were instinctual and how much were not was still a question up in the air. But at the very least, Liana's words had worked.

"I... that's alright. It's like Daddy says - they're just dreams. Even if they're bad dreams of a moving statue," Sierra finally answered, flashing a curt smile towards the older girl and her cat. "It's not like they're real, or be a danger to me. It simply goes to show that I still have a bit more growing to do, yes!"

Nodding more to herself than to anyone else, Sierra precociously exhaled air through her nose and adopted a bit of a smug look. Perhaps it was natural, perhaps it was her own attempt to steer the conversation back to more pleasant topics, who knew. Yet it seemed to work for her.

"Besides... a knight? In this day and age?" Sierra asked, raising her eyebrow somewhat amusedly. "That sounds a bit outdated, no?"

Hawthorne chuckled at that, grinning at Liana in a bit of a mischievous way.

"Well, she is an outdated girl, believe it or not. But, I think she tries her best with the whole shtick, so let her be," the man commented from the side. "If anything, I think it's a pretty cute act, right? Makes her fun to watch~"

Sierra snorted again, this time with more amusement, and fixed her eye at Liana.

"I suppose. I must admit, though, this wasn't what I expected when I heard of the Oceandrop Program," the girl replied. "Believing oneself to be a knight is rather harmless compared to the nightmares that the elderly townspeople were painting on the walls. What with the talk about 'youths ill-fit for society' and 'delu---"

Hawthorne coughed rather meaningfully, cutting the girl's words off.

"I think that's enough, young lady. See, you're being rude," he said, before turning his gaze towards Liana. "Don't mind it. She didn't mean anything bad."

Sierra, on the other hand, realized that she had stepped on quite the social landmine, and awkwardly shuffled her feet, staring at the ground.

Alexstrasza Lockhart

"A damsel in distress, eh?"

Doctor Roslin chuckled at that as he guided both Noah and Alexstrasza towards the visitors' area at the other end of the lobby. The place was fitted with a couple of magazine racks, comfy-looking chairs and two large tables where people could gather. Weirdly, it looked more like something that could be found in big hospital in major cities, not in a place like this out in the middle of nowhere. Then again, the money that had been poured into End's Mercy by Mr. Oceandrop was apparently... substantial.

"I have to admit, you seem like a strong enough girl that I don't really see that happening," Dr. Roslin laughed, before glancing at Noah with a raised eyebrow. "Not to mention your partner of choice is a... bit poor, I would say. From what I know of him, Noah here would let you fall to the ground just to inspect the resulting concussion. And smile while he does that."

Noah giggled quietly at that himself, all smiles.

"... I don't believe in bedside manners, doctor," he said without a shred of lie. "They are an useless distraction, if anything..."

Albert simply shook his head in faked exasperation.

As the group arrived to the waiting area and the good doctor had them seated, Alexstrasza could notice that they weren't the only ones there. At the corner of the area sat a lonesome girl... a girl that stuck out quite a bit. While she was wearing normal clothing and could have passed as any civilian out in the streets, the hat on her head was quite the thing to behold. Not many wore black pointy hats at this day and age, nor were they so ill-fitted and old as this one looked. The girl herself, upon closer inspection, was somewhat weird as well. She kept completely still, as a statue, staring at the floor as if she was counting the floor tiles. Only, her eyes did not move. Nor did they seem to blink.

"............"

How odd.

"I presume you both will be staying after the emergency treatment and possible operation are done?" Doctor Roslin suddenly asked, pulling the attention of both Noah and Alexstrasza to himself. "It might take a few hours, but once her condition has stabilized, we can allow you to visit her. On the other hand, if you wish to stay with your friend, we can arrange sleeping quarters for you... though as a partner of your school, we must have you attend tomorrow as normal - no skipping class, and all that."

The brown-haired doctor smiled a bit awkwardly. While he certainly did seem like he wanted to help, there was apparently only so much he could do. Perhaps even the staff of End's Mercy couldn't go against the rules of Oceandrop Program... or maybe it was because Mr. Oceandrop was literally holding their wallet as a hostage. The man did seem rather focused on getting everyone to attend classes, after all.

"Oh, and is there anything I can bring you? Something to drink?" The doctor continued. "We have a coffee-maker in our break room, at the very least..."

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

Moving statue? Not the woman herself? Is it just an odd choice of words, or... Is she even asleep during these nightmares?

Naturally, her mind goes into overdrive when being presented with new information; ordinarily she might not jump to these sorts of worst case scenarios, poor conclusions and the like, but the stories of Sunday had been rather horrendous, and things like Dream Demons were problems that needed to be solved sooner rather than later, lest one gets devoured within the depths of their dreams, but...

Liana chuckles at Sierra's reaction to the pun, eyeing the girl with a smile as she shoots her a smug look, after all...

As stated before, she had a pretty good affinity for princess types, came with the Knight territory, still...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies
    "Besides... a knight? In this day and age?" Sierra asked, raising her eyebrow somewhat amusedly. "That sounds a bit outdated, no?"

Hawthorne chuckled at that, grinning at Liana in a bit of a mischievous way.

"Well, she is an outdated girl, believe it or not. But, I think she tries her best with the whole shtick, so let her be," the man commented from the side. "If anything, I think it's a pretty cute act, right? Makes her fun to watch~"
    She lets out an exaggerated sort of huff at this, crossing her arms and throwing her hair over her shoulder in an purposefully overdramatic sort of way, eyeing them both a grin the whole time even as she defends herself-!

"I grew up on the Matter of Britain, Mom loved those sorts of stories, and it rubbed off on me too I guess!"

Nothing wrong with being old-fashioned anyway-!

Still, going further on from that, from the joking tone to Sierra's obvious social fumble, the insinuation that she had expected someone more obviously crazy, a thing that might set off some other members of the school back home, and leads to the girl awkwardly staring at her feet after being reprimanded by Hawthorne, she...

"..."

Paused for a second, not very long, just a heartbeat really.

A number of reasons as to why could perhaps be attributed at a glance... Had she been offended by it? Taken back by it somehow?

No.

Not really.

Her feelings were a lot harder to hurt than this, those sorts of slips up just bounced off of her ego, in reality, the reason the older girl pauses...

...Adorable-!

...Is the embarrassed pose the younger girl had taken, one that practically radiated awkwardness, the shuffling of feet, the lowered head, really, it's quite cute-!

That's why, after that brief heartbeat, she-!

"Ha, don't worry about it Sierra, I know you didn't mean anything by it~"

She can't help it.

Yes.

Lightly patting the other girl on the head -lightly so as to not to ruin her hair again- the raven-haired girl smiles in a benevolent sort of way, although the light of amusement is shining in those eyes again...

"Takes a lot more than that to hurt my feelings... I can't really get mad at someone so adorable anyway."

She closes one eye in a teasing sort of way.

"Let the townspeople talk if they want, I already knew they didn't like us very much, can't blame em for it. We'll win em over in time, I think~!"

A pause, as she considers the others, then...

"Although I heard the people in town don't really like this Club either... That true? Our whole delusion angle might just be an excuse to hate us in that case... Maybe they just really dislike change in general?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

"..."

What is... what is even going on...?

My head is spinning, my heart is thudding, and I'm being sat down on a chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Girl
    "O-oh goodness, oh my gosh, I'm s-so sorry Prushka... I didn't mean it like that! You just gave me a heckuva scare, that's all! I-I'm sorry I called you mean, I was so thoughtless - honestly! C-can I get you something? Tea? Snacks? I-I think I have some momo left somewhere, I can get you some if... oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! P-please come back to us, Prushka!"
    Is she saying... it's okay? She's not mad?

No, but, she shouldn't be apologizing... she didn't do anything wrong...

This... this girl... could she be...?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Kid
    "O-oh, umm... oh gosh... that's right, you probably don't know my name... S-sorry, I always let my daydreams get ahead of me. I-I had this elaborate scenario built up i-in my head where we were all friends and hung out after school and... oh my gooooosh, this is too embarassing! Y-y-you don't actually have any idea who I am and now you'll think I'm a weirdo and a creep and oh no, oh no, oh goodness no---!"
    No, she is. Definitely.

How could I have missed it?

The fog begins to fade. My heart slows down, and I'm able to gather myself again.

My first proper thought, as everything unfolds, is...

Yes, this girl is...

Quote Originally Posted by Alpaca
    "A-Alpa... Alpa Bāgha."
    ...really sweet. Sweeter than candy. I bet she and Subaru would get along amazingly.

Now Ubon's looking my way, asking for backup. R-right. Pull yourself together, Prushka!

I finally gather the strength to move, to stand.

One hand unfolds, stretching forward, towards the sulking girl, and...

Pat, pat.

Pats the air above her head.

"U-um... Alpa... d-does that mean, it's okay? You're not angry?"

I pull back and rummage in a pocket, withdrawing it when I find what I was looking for.

"None of us are mad either, s-so..."

The clenched fist opens, revealing an unopened ring pop within.

"W-wanna be friends for real?"

Maybe she'll accept it as a trade for whatever this 'momo' is...

Blog Entries
    Adelaide Cheshire

After about ten minutes of searching, it became clear that while "Adelaide" made a big show of helping her butler to investigate the room... it was mostly up to Alex to produce actual results.

Indeed, while the lady in the poofy skirt kept traipsing around the room, looking for anything that her eyes fell upon, Alex took on the challenge in a more systemic way. He poured over the room, inch by inch, keeping a close eye on just about everything. Each table was given it's own attention, from inspecting the items still present to checking any markings on the wooden surface and even peering underneath it. The cabinets were thoroughly examined, both inside and out, and a peek was had even behind them. Floors, walls, even the ceiling was combed through with the finest of combs, and made sure that nothing was left behind.

In all honesty, Alex Terrot in full-on investigative mode was... bit scary to behold.

The reporter stopped at nothing, moving about like a horrifying cross between a bloodhound and a bulldozer. It was more than once or twice when Adelaide had to leap out of the way when the blonde butler came barreling forward, not apparently even properly seeing his friend.

Perhaps that was why towards the end (and thanks to her own abysmal luck when it came to finding anything), Adelaide spent the last moments of those ten minutes hanging by the door, listening in on the sounds coming from the hallway. After all, it would be good to have an early warning if someone else was approaching this place, so that they wouldn't be caught red-handed trawling through someone else's trash.

Because that was what Alex was doing right now.

Sorting through the contents of the small trash can that was in the room.

"--------- Huh."

Suddenly, Alex's voice cut throat the silence in the room.

He had pulled out something from the pile of half-burnt papers, items, receipts and cigarette stumps, and was now glaring at it, using the dim lights of the room to read the faded text. From the looks of it, it was either a note or a piece of receipt, but the thing had been badly burned so it was hard to say. After a bit of glaring at the thing, Alex (still squatting in the pile of trash that now lay on the carpet) turned towards his comrade.

"... Have you ever heard of a place called 'Camp Hero', milady?" he asked, serious as a grave. "Doesn't sound local."

Whatever Adelaide was about to reply, however, was suddenly set aside in her mind. After all, on that very moment, warning bells started ringing in her ears. Not because of any supernatural reason, but because... she could hear it.

Footfalls in the corridor.

Approaching this door and this room.

--- While Alex was still standing in the small pile of trash that would let just about anyone realize what the two had been up to, here.

Vier Wolff

The mercurial spear sung.

If there was one thing to say about Lobo, it was the fact that the man moved as fast as wind itself. One minute he was there, another one he was not, and though his opponent danced through the forest and its trees like a gale himself, the knight in green was much faster. The silver spear in the knight's hand shot forward just as fast, and as the combatants once more reached each other, it lunged forward with enough force to skewer through one of the trees. Pulp and bark were strewn everywhere, as if the trunk had been on the receiving end of a shotgun blast. The assassin in red, however, showed no haste or fear. Instead he dropped down from where he had been waiting, using that moment to ram both of the knives he wielded downwards to parry the strike that was about to hit him as well.

There was something beautiful to it, despite the deadly nature of this melee.

Like a dance or a ballet, performed not with music or well-rehearsed coreography, but with instinct and bloodlust that trashed about the clearing from both men.

One was like a storm in the ocean.

One was like a pin-point bolt of lightning crashing down to that very same sea.

Both powerful in their own way.

Again, sparks like fireworks illuminated the forest with their joyous flight.

From her vantage point, Vier was able to see it. The two combatants were evenly matched, just about. While Lobo had advantage in speed, the man in red was clearly being supported by either supernatural powers, or his raw skill and technique. Something that tipped the balance back in his favour and made sure that the blindingly fast spear-thrusts weren't able to reach their target, no matter how much Lobo tried. It was instinct versus technique, pure talent versus determination of will, and trying to decide which one would be able to come out on top was a fool's errand.

There was no way to say which one would prevail.

There was no guarantee that someone as powerful as Lobo would come out on top.

Of course, there was the matter of the golden spear in his back, which even now seemed to make the air around it warble and shine, yet---

"-----------!"

The man in red gave him no time to even think of using it.

Still, there was something wrong with this picture.

This horrifyingly beautiful picture of ancient melee that was happenign away from the prying eyes of the world.

And it was regarding the speed of the man in red.

His eye was practically bloodshot, and even as fast as he moved, Vier could see blood trickling down his nose and his veins bulge in his face. It was like he was pushing his body to perform faster and faster through not just sheer force of will, but by something else. Enchantment? Experimental medication? Some sort of prototype gadget? No, it had to be internal. Just one look at the man told he was tearing his body apart just by continuing to match Lobo's speed beat-for-beat.

Yet he didn't even utter a grunt of pain.

No, if anything...

------- He accelerated!

"Shit, that's---!"

The first one to roar in pain was Lobo.

Like a bad nightmare, the blades of the assassin accelerated.

They weaved a spider's web of finest silk and overcame Lobo's defenses in a blink of an eye.

One of the cross-shaped hunting knives, a folding knife to be precise, was buried into Lobo's shoulder without any mercy, digging deep through the armor.

The man in green let out a pained howl as the brand of the Der Nagel burned into his imaginary skin, subduing his supernatural self and becoming a limiting curse of mortality that was placed upon him.

--- Yes.

Der Nagel.

The bane of supernatural, and the end of those who would heal through their divine or unnatural bloodline.

Arma Christ of the Inquisition---!

There was no time to think about.

Before Vier even knew it, her instincts had worked for her, and the smoking barrel of her gun was wrenched downwards after delivering a shot of pin-point accuracy to the red assailant. At the same time her body moved, rushing to the right to make the enemy lose her in the forest and to get back to a better vantage point where she could shoot again. Her boots dug into the forest floor as she sprinted past the trees, one eye focused on the environment around her and other at the opponent she had just sent flying by hitting them straight into the shoulder. They should have been momentarily dazed, even surprised, but---

Wait.

Where was the crimson Assassin?

Eyes now hurriedly searching for the man, Vier realized that in the moment that the man had been hit and she had started to run, he had already taken off.

No, not just taken off.

Just barely, she saw it.

--- The pine trees swayed.

He was escaping through the trees?

And at a ridiculous speed that surpassed even that of Lobo!?

Had that single shot been enough to drive him away, though he had scored a definite hit on his opponen?

But then what about---

"WHO'S THERE!?"

Rushing galeforce blew through the forest, shaking the trees.

Oh boy...

It sounded like Lobo - The King of Currumpaw, was angry.

Angry that his prey and opponent had been driven off.

[Hit! Crimson Assassin: 12 - 6 = 6 Modern Damage (Modern PHYS Defense)!]
    [Crimson Assassin retreats!]

New Ability Witnessed!
    Lobo - King of Currumpaw
    STR: B END: D↓ AGI: A WIL: E INT: ? EGO: ?

Statistics:
    HP: ?/57
    ACC: 5
    DOD: 5
    Movement: 30m

Perks:

[Evolution] x?
    It might be because you've trained harder than most, or it might be because you were simply born that way, but your body is a step above that of others. Physical prowess or mental greatness, whatever it is, you have just a little bit more. When you take this Perk, increase one of your attributes by 1 Rank. You can take this Perk up to three times.

[Flourish & Parry]
    Sometimes it is not enough to be able to dodge. Sometimes you also need to be able to parry attacks, deflect them aside with your own weapon or limbs. Exchanging attacks like that leaves much less room for actually punishing the opponent, but at least you are keeping yourself safer. When you take this Perk, you can sacrifice one or more of your attacks on the Turn after your enemy has attacked you. For each attack you sacrifice, the enemy's attack has +25% greater chance of missing. If the enemy makes multiple attacks, you can divide the parry chance (in segments of 10%) to each of them. However, you cannot parry attacks of an enemy who has STR two Ranks higher than yours.

[Relic Bearer]
    You have been granted access to Arc-Relics of certain power level to use as you see fit. They are ancestral items of myth and legend capable leveling battlefields and performing miracles, so at the right hands they can change the flow of battle. When you take this Perk, decide what is the maximum Rank of Arc-Relics you want to take. The cost above correlates with the Ranks, with 10 being for E-Ranks, 15 being for D-Ranks and so forth. If you already have a Perk that grants you access to certain Ranks of Arc-Relics but also want to take higher Rank ones, you only need to pay the difference between the Rank you have and the Rank you want.

[Unnatural Athlete]
    When it comes to propelling yourself forward with your sheer physical strength, there aren't many who can match you. You are just faster than just about anyone else whether running, climbing or swimming. When you take this Perk, double the distance you can travel by running, climbing and swimming.

Equipment:

Verdant Cuirass
    Type: Classical
    Lobo’s classical medium armor that combines a cuirass to a chain mail and assorted protective gear. Made for both ease of movement as well as protection.

Unknown Silver Spear
    Attack Damage: 12
    Element: ?
    Relic Charges: ?
    The second spear that Lobo has. More nimble and agile-looking than the argent, golden spear that he carries in his back. When struck to the ground, can apparently denote a large area where those with weak minds are put to a sleep-like stasis. Further information pending...

Unknown Golden Spear
    Attack Damage: ?
    Element: ?
    Relic Charges: ?
    The first spear that Lobo has. More rough and powerful-looking than the mercurial, silver spear he carries as his main weapon. Further information pending...

New Ability Witnessed!
    Crimson Assassin
    STR: C END: C AGI: A↑ WIL: ? INT: ? EGO: ?

Statistics:
    HP: ?/51
    ACC: 5
    DOD: 5
    Movement: 60m (Boosted)

Perks:

[Addictive Boost]
    There is a substance you need. This substance allows you to reach new heights when it concerns your fighting style, or life in general. Whether it is a one-time boost to your STR attribute, enhancing the radius of your spells, increasing your knowledge of some subject... whatever the case, you need to take this substance to achieve such a feat. However, this means that when you do not get to intake this substance, you suffer heavy drawbacks. When you take this Perk, design one substance that increases your performance in some way. The GM will create a drawback that will happen if you do not have access to this substance in time.

[Evolution] x?

It might be because you've trained harder than most, or it might be because you were simply born that way, but your body is a step above that of others. Physical prowess or mental greatness, whatever it is, you have just a little bit more. When you take this Perk, increase one of your attributes by 1 Rank. You can take this Perk up to three times.

[Flash Throw]
    While throwing weapons are not the most usual choice of weapon for a warrior, they are often favored by assassins around the world. After all, they are easy to conceal and can pack quite a punch if necessary. They are also easy to use when attacking from the shadows. Thus you too have trained in the usage of throwing weapons, to the point you can now use multiple at once. When you take this Perk, you can throw two throwing weapons with one attack. If you are able to dual-wield weapons, you can throw two weapons with each attack, following the normal rules of multiple attacks. Throwing weapons count as light, long range weapons. However, they only have half the range a normal ranged weapon would have and they can only have a maximum Natural Damage boost from your STR up to +9. In addition, throwing weapons that have their damage reduced to minimum of 1 stay at that damage even if the attack is a critical hit.

[Flourish & Parry]
    Sometimes it is not enough to be able to dodge. Sometimes you also need to be able to parry attacks, deflect them aside with your own weapon or limbs. Exchanging attacks like that leaves much less room for actually punishing the opponent, but at least you are keeping yourself safer. When you take this Perk, you can sacrifice one or more of your attacks on the Turn after your enemy has attacked you. For each attack you sacrifice, the enemy's attack has +25% greater chance of missing. If the enemy makes multiple attacks, you can divide the parry chance (in segments of 10%) to each of them. However, you cannot parry attacks of an enemy who has STR two Ranks higher than yours.

[Inquisitor]
    As an inquisitor of the Catholic Church, your job is to destroy the heretical mystics of the world and any other threat that might threaten normal populace. You are an executor of the wicked, an assassin in service of the holy and enemy of everything evil. When you take this Perk, increase your STR by 1 Rank. In addition, you are given access to unique D-Rank Arc-Relic: Der Nagel. It is a mass-produced Arma Christi, a weapon meant to reduce the amount of numen in the target it hits. Most of the times they take a form of large nails used as either daggers or throwing weapons. However, depending on the inquisitor, it might take a different form. For example a certain famous French inquisitor had her Der Nagel in form of sword-like arrows. The charges can be fluffed either as separate weapons, or charges of a single weapon.

Equipment:

Crimson Kevlar
    Type: Modern
    A kevlar cloak of vermillion colours that covers the wearer from head to toe, along with the assorted protective gear underneath it. Counts as a light armor.

X-Hunter Knives
    Type: Modern
    Weight: Light
    The so-called "Cross-Hunter" folding knives, used by a certain brand of Inquisitors who hunt alone and specialize in bestial enemies of the Catholic Church, such as werewolves. For some reason there seems to be no end for their amount, as if something was generating more of them. They also seem to vanish from existence after a while....

Der Nagel
    Weight/Rank: Light/D
    Cost: 40 AP
    Charges: 4
    Weapon Damage Bonus: +3
    Unique Traits: Thrown
    A mass-produced version of the nails that were used to pin the Christ to the True Cross. Though not the original ones, they have the same composition, to the atomic level, as their ancestors. This means that they have some of the same powers, but as their legend is diluted, so is the numen stored within them. When activated, make a melee-attack (or a thrown-weapon attack) against the target. Upon hit, the target must succeed WIL Protection against Mental Shattering with the Mental Shatter Score of 4. If the target fails, one of their physical attributes (STR/END/AGI) is brought down by 1 Rank (Roll 1d3 to see which, in that order). In addition, magical healing or regeneration (usually originating from a Mage or a Mystic) of Rank D or lower does not work on the target. Effects of Rank C or higher have the amount they heal halved (Rounded Up). This effect lasts for 4 Rounds and cannot stack.

These Der Nagel in particular have been made identical to the X-Hunter Knives. It is nigh impossible to spot the differences between the two, as the user is able to switch between the types of knives he uses almost instantly. It is a tactic that always keeps the enemy on their toes. Each charge counts as a single knife.

New Being Met!
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; November 4th, 2020 at 06:06 PM.

Elise Pelltier

Souma's laughter rang in through the ruins of the old dining room as he left the room. Elise sighed to herself as she emerged from the old storage closet, having retrieved the bucket Souma had spotted from its depths.

Was I really expecting any other response? thought Elise with Souma's laughter still ringing in her ears, Not really no. Still, at least he's having fun taunting me with his distinct lack of any answers.

She closed the slightly battered door and/or dimensional portal behind her, and then glanced over to the boarded up window that Souma had stopped by and inspected before he continued on his way out of the room.

Wonder what caught Souma's eye over here?

She approached it, and ran her hand against the surface of the old wooden plank that Souma had.

Oh! There are some letters carved into the wood. Pretty hard to make out though, seem a little faded, thought Elise as she squinted what she'd found carved into the board in the dim light, That could be a C, or maybe a K? That's a plus sign. E? No, that's an L for sure. Or maybe not? Hmm...

"Heh," Elise smiled at the old and worn inscription on the wooden plank before her as she realized what it was, It looks like someone snuck in here and carved their initials on this plank together. That's kind of cute. Maybe not the most romantic of venues, but sneaking in here probably would've been at least a little exciting, and that might more than make up for that. Especially back in the day when the old janitor was still zealously guarding this place.

I wonder who they were? Are they still together? Are they, well, still alive? Might be worth asking Jake about any old classmates whose name might fight those initials. It's pretty worn though, it might even be before his time, although certainly after… well, this place fell to ruin.

Elise smiled to herself as she turned and left, having found a small scrap of joy in this otherwise dismal place, and rejoined Souma in the hallway. She dropped her newly acquired bucket by the stairs, intending to reclaim it on her way out, and took a quick glance into the old kitchen as she passed by.

I might want to take a closer look in there later, but right now, we've got other business to attend to.

Following Hisa's directions, she found the room she'd described to her. She forced the door open, and sure enough, there was the mausoleum-like wardrobe, dominating the otherwise empty room with its presence. She took a moment to stare at the words written on the cupboard door. Dark letters, practically oozing. It was hard to not feel a little unnerved in this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardrobe Mausoleum
    "TU FUI, EGO ERIS"
    "As you are, I was; As I am, you shall also be," translated Elise as she read the inscription out loud, "Well, here's where we can find one of those who came before us, Souma."

She glanced about the room. The wardrobe looked a little askew, but she suspected that was less from the monster who rampaged through here years ago, and more recent damage caused by one Pyry Leijonamieli as he resealed the wardrobe.

Elise scanned the room one last time, and spotted several discarded silver paint tubes, scattered about the room. She picked one up and looked the old paint tube over. Any identifying marks had long since faded away, leaving little but a scrunched up, empty metallic tube. Glancing at the mausoleum-like wardrobe, it wasn't hard to guess where their contents had gone. She slipped one of the old tubes into the side pocket of her duffel bag, and then turned her attention back to the wardrobe as she cautiously approached it.

"Looks like someone tried to make it hard to reopen, but I think I'll be able to get this open anyway," said Elise as she gripped the edge of the door and prepared to pry it open.
    Last edited by Thalraxal; November 4th, 2020 at 09:42 PM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Location: Pinefall High School – Main Building (Second Floor)

Ubon should probably speak for herself. Through all measures of “human common sense,” this is a very weird situation. He just does not care—oh, so Ubon can make that kind of flat stare, too. He is sure it only adds to her “charm” or whatever.

“Anyway, let us all calm down.” Not that he is anything but calm, though. “Nobody has done anything wrong here, so we can all get along.”

As to whether there is a purpose to be accomplished by becoming “friends” with this person…he still needs some time to make that assessment.

Soon enough, the girl does introduce herself.

Alpa Bāgha. An extremely foreign name—then again, there must be somebody out there to whom ‘John Dove’ sounds foreign as well. In any case, where in the world does such a name even come from? If her clothes are made of actual white tiger skin, then…that still covers a lot of potential places, but…thinking of it, she has knowledge of the hexagrams, but her name does not sound like standard Chinese. Tibetan? Nepalese?

Of course, he is just associating ideas here; they are not based on any concrete knowledge or evidence. Well, things seem to be moving in something like a positive direction now, so…good?

“Alright. Pleased to meet you, Miss Alpa Bāgha,” he lies. “Let us get along from now on. ‘For realsies’, as the one next to me likes to say. By the way, Ubon; please don’t call her ‘Baggy’.”

He pauses for a moment.

“In any case, do you still need help with homework, or can we move on to why you have a camp in the locked and abandoned section of this building?”

A master of timing and tact, John Dove.