Page 125 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2575115120123124125126127130135175225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday
    Phase: School Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994 (WED)
    Weather: Partly Cloudy

Lucille is of the thought that what Vier just did would be really disturbing if she didn’t have the prerequisite context, but she supposes there is a stark difference when you attempt to have tact and when you don’t care at all. And, perhaps, maybe that’s the correct approach? Lucille is not sure, but she’s very well acquainted with going through the motions, and so she falls back into a well-practiced façade.

She does give Vier the nod she wants, though.

Class, however, is difficult to focus on precisely because Colt Davin is missing and she is afraid her lack of subtlety in the morning has caused it. Truth be told, it was hypocritical of her to say people determine their own choices when she feels guiltily responsible for everything that happens to others.

The other big shake up is those who wanted to participate in the band—there’s a lot more than she expected? Her memory of this is rather foggy, but she didn’t remember this to be this big of a mess. And while she would normally be content to cede to Hisa, she promised Sakura, and a girl who must uphold her promises has no real excuses when breaking them. The virtue in an oath is in never breaking them, after all.

It’s then someone offers the “miracle solution,” the idea everyone can get their way. She’d been distracted ever since Colt was missing, but this is the first time her brain really latches onto what’s happening.

That isn’t Adelaide Cheshire. Not at all.

But she’s there, in her seat. It’s like Elizaveta all over again. Liana, however, seems much more agreeable than Xylia, at least. And it’s not like the idea is bad, but there is only one music room, so Lucille has no idea about the logistics of instruments and set up. Still…

“Um, if we’re really going to go with the idea of two bands, I can play keyboard,” Lucille says, not particularly liking the sound of her own voice at this moment.
    Last edited by Katie; April 27th, 2020 at 01:32 PM.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [BGM]

Redd Lewis looked a bit surprised at the group of students gathered in the classroom. Clearly the shaggy-looking teacher had expected people to be much less enthusiastic, considering it was the first day and the teens barely knew eachother. However, not only were the members of the band found pretty much instantly, but a second group had formed and judging by the looks of it, there was going to be another song played tonight. Munching on the butt of his unlit cigarette, Mr. Lewis thought for a while...

... And though he clearly tried to hide it, a smile that was hinting at pride towards the teens he saw crept to his face.

The lot of them had managed to positively surprise him, it seemed.

"Well, a'ight. Looks like we have the planned group filled out, and enough interested people for a second band," Mr. Lewis said, sloppily writing the names of the students who had volunteered on the blackboard. "I'll leave dividing up into two groups up to you guys. Just make sure that both bands have enough members, and for the second group, check with Mr. Hatou that the song you want to play is alright with him. While I commend you for signing up for it, can't let you play just anything can I?"

He chuckled under his breath and cocked an eyebrow at the group.

"I mean... I hafta act like a strict teacher sometimes," he added. "So no cheeky performances full of double entendre, y'hear?"

Then, as if his eyes had spotted Vivienne's sketchbook way ahead of time, the shaggy teacher turned his attention towards the quiet girl.

"The organizer, Miss Bianchi? At the end of the day, it's us doing it. 'Us' as in the Oceandrop Program. However, for the idea itself, you have a student in your group to thank for. Is it alright if I...?" Mr. Lewis let his eyes scan the classroom, until he saw a certain brunette nod enthusiastically. "... Yeah. In other words, you have Miss Tsukioka here to thank for. She's the young woman behind this idea. So, if you enjoy tonight's little party, remember to thank her."

Sakura, hearing these words, blushed a bit and scratched the back of her head, letting out a quiet "Aiyaa~" at the verbal praise. However, as she did, her own eyes drifted towards Lucille. Then, without trying to hide it even that much, Sakura gave the blonde a thumbs up under her desk. From the looks of it, the maid was proud of her lady's "enthusiastic" approach to the whole band thing.

Though if that meant she had forgotten the promise of being called "Onee-chan" remained unknown...

Still, now that the announcements had been gotten out of the way, Mr. Lewis clasped his hands together and tried to take a drag off his cigarette... only, to his slight sorrow, notice it still wasn't lit.

"A'ight! The two groups can meet up in the Music Room after school to discuss your plans," Mr. Lewis announced. "But before you guys can get you to your beach-a-palooza, you've got a whole day's worth of school to sit through... So get comfortable on your seats! Today, since we have plenty of foreign students, we'll be starting off with a small test to gauge what level of comprehension and understanding you have of the English language..."

And to the sound of many groans coming from the classroom, Mr. Lewis revealed a stack of papers sitting at the desk in the corner of the room. A wry grin on his face told that the sounds of disappointment were music to his ears.

"And no talking during the quiz!"

And so the school day dragged on...

... Though, from the looks of it, with a slightly more enthusiastic Mr. Lewis. Almost as if the attitude of all the volunteers had rubbed off on him.

"Oh, and Mister Dove? You can ask your question after class," The teacher added as he started handing out the papers.

Lucille Faraday, Liana Skye, Vier Wolff, Elaine Winters, Prushka & Hisa Momoi: Friendship Rank Increased!

So spoke a man with silver hair into his old-fashioned dictation machine.

Sitting in a black government issue vehicle, one hand on the steering wheel and one hand on the small machine, the man languidly kept an eye on the scenery being pushed past the windows of the car. He was wearing his civilian clothing this time, instead of the more formal bureau attire, for which he was glad - the drive had been a long one, and he didn't exactly need to feel more stuffy than he already was. Of course, a certain amount of pomp came with his job - it was part and parcel of being an Agent of FBI - but whenever he was out and about alone, this man liked to do it with a degree of laissez-faire. It simply made his work easier, especially out here, outside of the huge metropolitan cities.

This man was a special agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

His name was John Ferguson.

--- Though in most cases, he preferred for people to call him "Scottie."

Just another aspect of his easygoing attitude to the world in general.

"It's some ten miles south of the Canadian border, three hundred miles west of the state line. Over four hundred by car, though. I’ve never seen so many trees in my life. As Briggs would say, rather anywhere than Washington... Hmm. There's a joke there, considering where I am. Remind me to think about it later," Agent Ferguson spoke into the dictation machine, an amused smile playing on his lips. "Sixty-three degrees on a slightly overcast day. Weatherman said rain. If you could get paid that kind of money for being wrong sixty percent of the time, it’d beat working."

While some might have thought it odd, Ferguson had gotten to the habit of dictating his reports to his usual partner. It also helped in another sense, as putting the daily events in words, made for a wonderful way of putting everything in order - neatly cataloguing what had happened and what the agent's thoughts were on these events. Though, most of the time, his reports tended to veer off in strange tangets, as was the case with just about any conversation which involved this silver-haired man.

Special Agent Ferguson peered at the dashboard of his car through the hole in the steering wheel, pursing his lips for amoment.

"Mileage is eighty-one thousand one hundred thirty-two, gauge is on reserve, riding on fumes here. I’ve got to tank up when I get into town. Remind me to tell you how much that is," Ferguson continued, while fishing up a small notepad from his jacket's pocket and flipping it open for himself to read. "Breakfast was, uh, six dollars and ten cents at the Moon White Inn. That’s on State Route 104, near Discovery Bay. Ate a club sandwich on whole wheat, two slices of bacon and a cup of coffee. Damn good food. Roxie, if you ever get up this way that bacon is worth a stop."

For a moment, Ferguson's thoughts and words were interrupted as a truck appeared around the bend and drove right past him. He watched with slight interest as the old, off-white vehicle passed him - especially at the faded "McLampet Logging Industries" logo that was barely visible on the side of the truck. However, just as soon as the large vehicle had appeared, it disappeared, thanks to the curving road flanked by forest on one side and the ocean on the other. Letting a quiet hum to himself, Agent Ferguson lifted up his dictation machine once again. He flipped few pages of his notebook over, until he got to the notes he wanted.

"Okay, sorry about that. Anyways, looks like I’ll be meeting up with the, ah, Sheriff Michael F. Kennedy. Shouldn’t be too hard to remember that. He’ll be at the End's Mercy Hospital. I guess we’re going to go down to the morgue to take a look at that girl that was found on the beach. Hopefully we can determine if she came across the Canadian border, or from the nearby reservation," Ferguson spoke aloud, pocketing his notebook once more and putting both hands on the steering wheel. "When I finish there I’ll be checking into a hotel. I’m sure the sheriff will be able to recommend a clean place, reasonably priced. That’s what I need, a clean place, reasonably priced."

The scenery droned on outside the windows as the car curved around the countryside road. At that moment, the view on the right opened up, and underneath the late morning sun, Scottie could see a quaint little town nestled in a bay that shone in the sunlight. The town was tuckered neatly between the sea, cliffs and a forested mountain, with two of the highest peaks jutting out above the rest. Even from this far away, one could practically sense the old atmosphere of the place - a town where time stood still, some would say. A smile spread again onto Scottie's face as he drew a deep breath, enjoying the fragrance of untouched forest.

With a happy little hum, he popped a breathmint into his mouth and accelerated a little.

There was work to do.

Though, before that...

"Oh, Roxie, I almost forgot," Ferguson added. "Got to find out what kind of trees these are. They're almost spooky in how they loom."

With that, the black goverment issue vehicle entered the town of Road's End.

And the week started up properly, yet again...

Phase: Evening Phase
    Weather: Clear Skies
    [BGM]

And with that, the school day was over.

How strange... even though for some, this day felt very much like a repeat of one they had before, how could it be this tiring? Or, well, perhaps "mentally exhausting" was the right word to use here. School was still school, mysterious events non-withstanding, and learning things when your focus was completely elsewhere as a taxing process. Especially when some teahcers, like Miss Min and Miss Leuzinger were... quite apt at reminding students to focus when their minds tended to wander off.

Honestly, the speed at which the rose-haired nurse threw that chalk with, hitting Hwan Bin straight on the forehead... you were pretty sure you heard a small boom as the sound barrier was broken.

In any event, the day of schooling was over, and rest of the evening was ahead of you. Judging by the looks of it, the dormitory was more or less empty, with just about everyone having already headed out to the beach, were on their way there, or had gathered in the music room in order to talk about the arrangements regarding the band gigs later tonight. Honestly, there was surprising amount of buzz going on through the school... much more than during the first week. Perhaps the fact that people had talked more had gotten some of the other students excited too?

Still, there were still an hour or two before the whole thing started up properly.

So, what do to...?

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Dress well and in a bit sharper clothing.”

Colt, who had spent most of the day in the parking lot cleaning his ride, had ruminated on that order long and hard. There was a lot to think about for him, but much of those thoughts concerned events that were days away. His most immediate concern was the beach party that he had somehow scored a date for tonight. So, as a well organized young man, he had put thoughts pertaining to it at the top of his mind.

He had found his answer. A long sleeve, black button down. Well fitted to his body and without a wrinkle in sight. It had been kept neatly in his closet, along with some of his more expensive clothes. This shirt in particular belonged to his ‘Sunday best’ collection, along with the navy-blue jeans he wore with it. It was sharper than casual, but not overblown.

If this didn’t count as ‘a bit sharper,’ he wasn’t sure what ever would.

The boy glanced around the lobby as he passed through the double doors that lead into Pinefall High. This was the sweet spot in time he had waited for. A short time after class had let out, but long enough for his classmates to clear out. Yet with enough time left for him to get done what he came for and get to the parking lot before 4PM.

He’d cut his time here short if he needed to. Being late after all that would be unacceptable.

Besides, he was already sure he’d be asked where he was today. The choice to skip wasn’t one that left a good impression, but he just couldn’t bear to go.

Colt reached the door in front of him. The door to the principal’s office.

The only man in a suit he knew of.

Knock, knock. His knuckles lightly tapped the door that he expected no response to come from.

But to his surprise.

“Come in, come in.”

A voice from within the office answered, and Colt breathed a sigh of both relief that was full of nerves. Willingly sending yourself to the principal’s office? After skipping?

“Maybe I shoulda let someone else offer to do this…”

He muttered under his breath, and opened the door. Through it he stepped, and entered the office. The office of a certain Mr. Oceandrop, who was seated at his desk. Finding himself standing in front of that desk which existed as a symbol of true authority of high schoolers, Colt couldn’t help but stand a bit straighter than normal.

“Sorry to bother you, sir.” The nerves slipped in, and without thinking about it Colt addressed the man with a polite apology. Something that wasn’t part of the script he had thought up beforehand. “There was an incident in the dorm I thought I should report. Someone broke into the second floor this morning.”

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

The door slams open.

"Oops."

Didn't mean to hit it so hard... I think the nerves might be acting up... I've never sung in front of a big audience before. Honestly, when I raised my hand, I was sure I was just going to get awkward looks or something... maybe get a spot in the back humming along at best. But then Liana... and Elaine... and Lucille...

I take a deep breath and let it, and my anxieties, flow out over several seconds.

"Alright, guess this is happening!"

Through the door, I push one of those carts with a small television set and VCR, borrowed from another classroom. Following that, I enter, feeling out of breath.

In my hand is my backpack. Within it are the secret weapons I brought to help this go as smoothly as possible for a no-rehearsal last minute get-together. I already handed out Subaru's present, so what's left is... well, I'll show everyone once they've gathered.

...nerves are still there. I can't get rid of that very long, can I? All the positive thoughts in the world can't get rid of the butterflies in the stomach. After all, thoughts are just the product of how you're feeling, so they're bound to be stained in the same colour as that anxiety. Something more is needed.

Inacio and Pyry are already here. Inacio is... I don't really know anything about him. But Pyry has been in front of large crowds before, right?

"Hi. Sorry if I upset any plans... didn't realize you'd all agreed to play beforehand. But it looks like it's worked out somehow. Um... got any advice for not panicking and looking like an idiot? I've only really sung in the shower before... and to my sister a few times..."
    Last edited by Bloble; April 28th, 2020 at 02:47 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

And so, the clock ticked down as she spent her day locked in a vapid classroom, listening to all this nonsense that felt all too familiar to her.

Every second that passed seemed to be an annoyance, as a constantly growing irritation seemed to build up further and further in her mind. Every moment felt like an inexorable march towards that bloody shitshow of a tragedy. And here she was, like a “model” student, sitting in this worthless classroom, while she could be doing anything, literally anything, else to better prepare for the madness that lay ahead.

As for the teacher's attempts to make everyone focus more on the class… she had to stifle a biting laugh at that. Perhaps she’ll pay more attention once she knows that they won’t simply vanish into mist at the first sign of trouble.

But, at the very least, all torments come to an end one day and so did the classes. And so she had ended up back at the dormitories, along with everyone else, preparing for the evenings “party”. She caught a glimpse of the clear skies from the kitchen window as she exited her room and headed down the staircase. The weather was the same as last time. The last dying gasp of a lovely summer under a clear, starry, sky.

Hmph… Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be able to enjoy it as much I did last time.

She’d lost sight of Pelltier after class and Davin had never shown up in the first place, so she would have to put those inquiries to rest for the moment. But there would be a time and place for her to talk to those two. In the meantime, she had other fish to fry.

Case in point…

As Anna entered the ground floor and moved into the dorm lobby, Ramia Ramalsaqr was standing in the lobby, leaning calmly on the wall, clearly waiting for someone. Well, “calmly” was merely a figure of speech here. Anna honestly doubted if the dusky-skinned girl was ever calm… no that was incorrect. The Libyan mercenary was always calm but never relaxed. She would be extremely surprised if Ramia wasn’t ready to draw whatever weapon she had tucked away at a moment's notice. And she most assuredly had something tucked away, of that Anna was sure of.

She knew the mindset. She herself wasn’t much different, after all.

“Yo, Indiana. You busy?” Anna gave the other girl a grin, the pine toothpick jutting out from the corner of her mouth. “Shall we have a small walk before we head off to the beach party?”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi

What...what is up with that? Last time, there were barely any people interested in the musical act, and now...It’s so many people would easily be enough for two groups. Do all these people remember last week? Is it just the fact that the timeline already strayed from last week’s, and so all these things go differently as well?

Well, matters not.

...Actually, it means I should probably actually show up for practice.

But then…

I also promised to have a chat with Elise and Vivi. Should I just tell them that it’s no good? Delay things even further? I guess I could try something, even if a bit rude and not entirely what I promised…

Worth a try, at least. Keeps things in motion.

Hisa Momoi

Freshly showered, I decided to already put on the attire I wanted to wear for beach party - as it was likely that there would be no time for that later - and packed everything that I could ever need into my bag neatly, as per usual.

All the while, the rhythmical clip-clopping of some wooden footwear filled the room - almost as if someone was too excited to be there and was just running circles, observing everything.

“Sure you can handle it?” I said as I turned towards the source of the noises.

A momentary stop, followed by intense nodding.

I couldn’t help but smile as I continued preparing - leaving some snacks, and a whole bunch of notes on my table as I started making my leave.

Hisa Momoi

“Hey,” I said as I entered the room, “Lots of people interested all of a sudden, huh? Quite surprising.”

It seemed that I arrived early, as it was still only Inacio, Pyry and Prushka here for now. At least it meant I could still claim the best spot in the room.

Walking over to the piano, I sat down on the small chair, twirling around a few times before looking back up at the others.

“How are the...bands going to look then? I wanted to play together with Pyry, but I guess I can help out elsewhere too if needed?”

Long as I get to play with Pyry. Not an experience I wanted to give up on.

“I can play the piano pretty well...Sing too, even, and if needed I could try other instruments too.”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

I would’ve gone straight to the music room like I did last time, but there was a significantly higher amount of people willing to play this time around. Of note, Elaine Winters, Prushka, Lucille, and that new student Liana Skye volunteered to play. Enough for another band to play provided I played for both bands… Which should be fine due to me already memorizing the original band’s song. The only issue is the fact that I wouldn’t know the new band’s song and positions. So I figured it would be best for me to grab my guitar back in my dorm room. That said, I must look a little silly carrying around both my bass and guitar gig bags on me.

Vier Wolff

By the time I got to the music room, I was surprisingly not the last person to arrive. The only people who seemed to have beaten me there were Inacio, Pyry Leijonamieli, Prushka, and Hisa Momoi. Everyone else is either taking their time or grabbing their instruments from their dorm rooms as well. I seemed to make it just in time to catch some of Hisa Momoi’s words.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa Momoi
    “How are the...bands going to look then? I wanted to play together with Pyry, but I guess I can help out elsewhere too if needed? I can play the piano pretty well...Sing too, even, and if needed I could try other instruments too.”
    “Hey everyone. And as for bands, I personally think I’m going to have to play for both bands because it seems like I’m the only bassist for both groups.”

I didn’t mention the fact that Inacio could probably fill the bassist role as well. However, using him as the bassist would be more a waste of his talent unless he was supporting a pretty good guitarist.

“I should be fine with playing Inacio and Pyry’s song because I’ve played it before. However, I’m definitely going to need to practice the other band’s song… if anyone has a specific song in mind.”

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove
    Location: Pinefall High Dormitory – In front of Colton Davin’s Room (Room 103)
    Date: 07.09.1994

No answer.

John Dove’s attempt to check on Colton Davin’s situation reaches a swift end. On the other hand, there have been no alarming news and everything seems to be as normal as it can be at Pinefall this evening, so John can conclude to a point that nobody has died and nobody has done anything drastic.

Mr. Lewis had corroborated that Pinefall’s First Class is indeed missing three students, so there is that. He is unsure of what he can do with that information, though. So many issues, so little time. Should he seek out the Coastrises at the hotel? If he indeed found them there, then what? What is their role in this whole mess? What did they do or had done to them
    yesterday
    on Sunday
    ?

John is ready for an evening swim. Nevertheless, he verifies that his sketchbook and an extra towel are neatly stored in his backpack before heading to the lobby. His artifact—Ramia’s target—is as always in the pocket of his pants. He idly wonders what she would do if he ever showed up wearing it, but that is not something he would do.

The “artifact”…it is something he found and held on to because it reminded him of Her. However, She called it “Her Gift”. Before
    yesterday
    Sunday
    , he had no idea there was an authentic connection between that pretty trinket and Her.

The "shackle that binds him to Her."

But, is that really true? Is not the real shackle in his mind and in his soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Moon
    “... Did you spy on the near side? Or did you spy on the far side? Which of the two did your gaze land upon?”
    He had no answer back then. He still does not have an answer to that. However, he cannot get rid of the feeling that the questions were more than metaphor, that their answer is supremely important.

“Perhaps there is a reason as to why death gathers and swirls around you so strongly, Boy.”
    If something about him, if his very existence is part of the reason these tragedies happened and will keep happening, then he must find a solution to it. He cares not for the hollow world, because he considers himself detached from it. If his very presence is damaging it, however, then that is a whole other story. John Dove has never been one who wishes doom on others.

So many things he does not know—about Her, about the artifact, about himself.

“I wonder... if you assigned a color to something and made yourself see it... just what would that color mean...?”
    “…I do not know,” he whispers to himself, unaware of teeth grinding in leaking frustration. “And it bothers me.”

Utterly dissatisfied with himself, John Dove sets foot into the dormitory’s common area. From there, his next destination is the beach.

Hisa Momoi will probably seek to monopolize Pyry’s time. A bit of a shame—John would have enjoyed a second serving of limited flight.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ---

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Date: 07.09.1994.

Phase:
    Evening Phase
    ---

As was expected, Prushka has suddenly - and yet inevitably - betrayed me. While she offered me a ride on her noble steed to the party, she had then proceeded to drag me towards her room immediately, retrieve that bit of devilry on wheels, taught me a bit about the 'art' of riding such a noble steed and insist most fervently that I take her "Pink Dragon" for a spin, before stammering an apology and running to parts elsewhere. While such an event was beyond my expectations, something still demands my attention. My eyes are continuously drawn, drawn towards the tape that rests on my counter. I have to force myself away from it, instead rummaging through my luggage to pull out a very specific book. It was stupid to not have it on me at all times. Foolish, really - even if I am to be considered a person whose eyes are always drawn towards the written word, it is better to be prepared then to have nothing to stop you.

I clutch it tighter to my chest, feeling a hitch in my breath as I fight down something that's struggling its way out of my throat. It crawls its way up my esophogus, desperately trying to emerge before I murder it in its infancy, beating the bestial thing down into my stomach. Staring into my mirror with a blank look, I put a bit of a smile on my lips, but it feels likes its tinged with something else - even if I can't tell what it is. Ah well; it's certainly something beyond my meager mind to understand.

Undress.

Find other clothes.

Put them on.

Stare at self in mirror.

Teeth.

Check them. Close mouth. Get on the abomination of machinery that Prushka has loaned me.

Wait, she said to do something else, didn't she? I eyed the helmet with distaste. While I did not particularly wish to wear such a contrivance on my head, she had assured me that without it I would be doomed to a most miserable kind of embarrassment, and babbled on about how she had personally fallen down many times on her devil's machine, and given me a most serious warning about how I would be taken to pieces by shrapnel if I did not place it on my head. An interesting kind of character. I fiddled with the straps of the helmet before plopping it on my head.

Exiting my room with Prushka's mechanical sorcery, as well as armed with her advice on the buttons to not press and helmet firmly affixed to my head, I go to knock on Cesarina's door. Perhaps she's available for a ride into the moonlight?
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye

---Well, somehow or other, she had gotten herself involved in a concert.

Letting out a bit of a chuckle to herself as she exits the shower -the clothes she was planning on wearing to the beach hidden beneath a simple t-shirt and jeans- the dark-haired teenager pauses for a moment to regard herself in the mirror, eyes focused not on her clothing -which never bothered her too much- but rather on the hair she had kept tied up in a ponytail for most of the day.

---It didn't quite fit the rocker look.

She ponders messing with it a bit... Let it run free? That could be sort of rebellious, but might make it harder to see if she really gets into things on stage... Different kind of ponytail? What would be a good one? Did she really have the time to figure it out?

No.

Not really, so...

She'd figure it out later-!

Yes.

Placing her hairband as usual -if only to make getting to the beach easier- the girl whistles for a cat that again comes running up her shoulder at her call, makes sure her silver wristband and backpack were nice and secure before grabbing her deck off the desk, racing down the stairs, throwing the board onto the floor in the lobby, and-

-zooming off towards a destination she hadn't been planning on this morning-!

---

Liana Skye

---Having gotten a bit too invested in pulling a perfect firecracker on the stairs outside the dorm, it seems that her arrival to the music room was a bit later than that of the others...

Inacio, Prushka, Hisa, Pyry...

And the last one...

Who was she again...?

Vier?

Yes.

Vier Wolff!

That sounded right-!

"Heya guys~"

Naturally, she makes her presence known the moment she enters the room... Liana Skye is not a very subtle existence, as could be gleaned from how energetically she had seemed to tackle pretty much every situation in the morning, and...

"Didn't expect to be playing a show today, but since we got the okay, let's make sure to have fun with it!"

...She doesn't seem to be changing her attitude on anything now-!

While she had showed up late -a bit after Vier- she could tell from the last bit of what the girl said that they were probably talking about who should do what, a necessary task now that a second band had seemingly materialized from nothing due -in part- to her suggestions, so-!

"I was on the music track at one of my old schools, so I can sing and dance pretty well, and could probably handle a guitar too if that's needed~!"

She hadn't mentioned that part back in the classroom.

Mainly because she wasn't quite as confident in her guitar playing as her singing, she had specialized in vocals after all and had simply picked up the guitar because the school said it would compliment her other skills, and well...

"Although, I didn't actually bring one with me to the school~ Hah..."

...That also might have been a reason...

...Really, that was the main reason, she wasn't too worried about messing up a note or two on stage.

She had pretty much conquered her stage fright ages ago...

Mostly.

There was a butterfly or two in the pit of her stomach, but they would disappear the moment she stepped onto the stage, grabbed the microphone, and thusly forced her mind to comprehend that this is what's happening now-!

Works every time.
    Last edited by Airen; April 28th, 2020 at 06:13 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

On her way out of class, Vivienne Bianchi furtively glanced at her classmates. Some may have noticed how she seemed to be searching for someone, or perhaps, 'something' within each and everyone of her classmates. Notice if they were fidgety, trying to figure out if their behavior was suspicious or different compared to... 'back then'. Vivienne's observation however was interrupted when Prushka ran pass and tapped Vivienne on the hand... an act that sent Vivienne in a much briefer, but very similar state to when she and Prushka had been holding hands in the cafeteria. As Prushka ran away with an apologetic smile on her face, Vivienne merely nodded back and made her towards the Dormitories -- she had a meeting with Hisa after all, didn't she? But then, wasn't Hisa supposed to go to the meeting with the other musicians to rehearse? That was something Vivienne would find out when she knocked at the door for Hisa's room.

Elaine Winters

I hemmed and hawed over my various bits and bobs, sorting through clothing gingerly as I did so, piecing together my outfit for the evening with a discerning eye. As it would be late by the time I returned, I'd need to dress warmly, but not overly so, because I was looking to attract some attention.

So, for now I'd go for a warm, snug sweater with a smallish skirt, coupled with some long black leggings leading down to a pair of sturdy boots that I knew were easy to get off and on.

Underneath, I kept my hidden weapons in reserve.

So, music, hm? Well, I wasn't precisely lying when I said karaoke was my only true experience, as I never saw a lot of music by the fire and ways to entertain yourself on long journeys as music, in a sense.

But, it was. I was foolish to think otherwise.

Even if part of me chafed and desired to go chasing after each and every lead in my path, I knew I had to pace myself, think calmly and logically.

For as much as my instincts and emotions told me to shuck these little social conventions and retreat back into comfortable, casual dishonesty, I would have to reach out to others to truly get to where I need to be.

I sighed, I had always disliked relying on others, and even less so now.

You were a terrible liar...

But, I'd need to be better than that.

As long as I kept trying, I'd get there someday.

Hmph.

The Impossible Dream, huh?

Not if I have anything to say about it.

I poked my head into the room, hat doffed for once.

"Sorry for holdin' things up, had some stuff to take care of."

I scratched at my cheek, "Like I said earlier, I'm solid on drums and a pretty good guitarist, can even sing a bit if the mood strikes me."

"Though, I do have to add, I don't have any actual schooling on things, it's all self-taught, mixed with a little bit of being the only person who can carry a tune around."

I grinned, half-joking.

Someone like me wasn't supposed to be in front of crowds, but here I go anyway, raising my hand like a dingus and regretting it already.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I suppose.

"Got any ideas for song choices? I got a whole bunch of tapes in the Beast if people want some source material.

Elise Pelltier

When I was worried that we'd be going over material in class that I'd already seen, I didn't expect it to end up being so literal, groaned Elise as she made her way out of the main building.

She felt drained. It had been a struggle to pay attention in class and not let her focus slip onto other matters. It was a struggle to not just stare impatiently at the clock as she waited for the end of the day when she could finally talk to Hisa. It was a struggle to at least pretend to be paying attention while her mind turned itself to other matters. Although the moment Miss Leuzinger's piece of chalk hit Hwan's forehead had certainly helped to inspire her to struggle on.

Miss Leuzinger. I'd like to talk to her too, but there's so many people and so little time...

Heh. Time. That's a funny thing,
    thought Elise as she chuckled to herself.

She was excited to finally have a chance to talk to Hisa. Vivienne as well. Having the opportunity to compare notes with anyone should prove to be quite valuable. Elise found herself feel more and more energized with every step that brought her closer to the dormitories and that fateful meeting. She didn't expect it to be a long meeting. The beach party was only a few hours away, and Hisa was expected to meet with the others for band practice.

I suppose she already knows the song though, doesn't she? Then again, I don't think that means you can get away with skimping on practice.

Elise reached the top of the stairs and entered the hallway, and spotted Vivienne already waiting outside Hisa's door. Elise gave her a wave as she approached.

"Hey Vivienne!" said Elise as she joined her outside the door to Hisa's room, "Have fun in class today? I felt like we were just covering old material again, did you have the same feeling?"

Hisa Momoi (Sakura)

Clip.

Clop.

As the two girls stood in front of Hisa’s room and knocked on her door, they could hear the clopping noise of something coming from inside the room, becoming louder and louder as, assumedly, someone was getting closer the door.

Then, the door itself opened up, long before they had any time to chat about classes and whatnot - and from inside a weird sight welcomed them.

Quite literally.

Before they could really comprehend what happened, Elise found herself locked into a hug by something - a smaller thing, much smaller than her to the point that the thing was now nuzzling into Elise’s stomach, and even through the thicker piece of fabric she could feel its nose tickling her belly.

A creature dressed in a cavalcade colours, in an attire that seemed rather...unusual compared to what they would be used to by now seeing on people. She stuck out like a sore thumb, in fact. It was easy enough to recognize that it was some sort of a japanese style clothing, rather fancily decorated by pink, red and brown flowers all over, while the noise they’ve heard earlier was likely due to the fascinatingly high platform footwear she was wearing.

Having had enough of Elise’s belly, the being turned her head upwards, looking Elise straight in the eye.

“Hello,” It said, finally, “How nice to see you.”

The being - a girl, judging by the voice and her looks - then directed her gaze at Vivienne now, without letting go of Elise for just a moment.

“You are here to talk, right? Well, of course you are!” She continued, answering her own question with almost too much enthusiasm.

“Let’s go inside?” She asked while tilting her head slightly, this time, without answering the question.

New Person Met!
    Last edited by Cheetose; April 29th, 2020 at 09:14 AM.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    "Hey Vivienne!"

"... hello," Vivienne said as she turned towards Elise who had joined up with her. This was no surprise presence of course, since Hisa had invited both Elise and Vivienne by the looks of it. Who else was going to come, one had to wonder?

"Have fun in class today? I felt like we were just covering old material again, did you have the same feeling?"

"...fun?" Vivienne repeated after Elise, tilting her head slightly. The quiet girl's eyes shut close as she eventually shook her head, to wordlessly Elise that in fact, she did not have any fun. Though, this did not mean that it was tedious instead, no, rather it was more the fact that it was impossible for Vivienne Bianchi to enjoy merriment and elation anymore. A detail that Vivienne felt the need to clarify verbally:

"I... cannot have fun anymore... because... I cannot feel it anymore..."

I felt like we were just covering old material again, did you have the same feeling?"

This question called for another quizzical tilt from Vivienne's part as she looked at Elise with her empty blue eyes. Though there was no emotion in her speech, it was easy enough to tell from Vivienne's body language that what Elise had just said had caused some confusion to Vivienne... namely, was she not aware that this was essentially a second pass at what they had just lived on the 'previous' week? A repetition of the known... but even then, things had already changed indeed compared to the first week.

"But... is it not normal... if we are covering same material? Is this not... the same as 'last' week, that is happening again..."

The possibility that Elise may have been somewhat be not as filled in as she was, or perhaps just had a bad memory... it was all being weighted in terms of possibility inside Vivienne's head. But no matter, what she knew or didn't... if Hisa had decided to involve her in all of this then... well, would there be a point of holding back on information?

"Beach party... all of it... might lead back to the incidents... if we not careful..." Vivienne continued, then pausing a moment, as if gathering her thoughts on how the conversation had been going. "I am sorry... people often... don't like my way of talking... so usually I stay silent... and show pictures... but here a bit hard to explain with... drawings--"

As she pulled out her sketchbook that she always kept on her person, Vivienne was interrupted by the sound of what seemed like wooden sandals. Vivienne was no stranger to these kinds of sounds after all, for her mother usually wore them all the time at home... geta was their name, wasn't it?

The door swung open and... a series of rather cute events happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ???
    “You are here to talk, right? Well, of course you are! “Let’s go inside?”
    So this is how they were going to meet while Hisa was stuck in the music meeting... but that probably meant that Pyry wouldn't be coming here. Vivienne found that a bit unfortunate since... she wanted to confirm something with Pyry, namely, wherever it was him that had gone to owl's nest and transformed into a hulking beast. Since the monster had been affected by Vivienne's drawing... and it was clearly deeply grieved by Prushka's death then... it meant that it had to be someone from the circle of friends that had been formed that night. It could be however that Hisa herself had the answer or... well, this helper of hers here.

"... hello... you... Hisa's familliar?" Vivienne asked the little one, giving her a polite bow. Americans don't greet that way, but seeing the presumed familiar's clothing instinctively reminded Vivienne of what her mother had taught her. She had always been a sticker for tradition, compared to the more liberal father Vivienne had...

"... we enter, Elise?"

Elise Pelltier

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne Bianchi
    "I... cannot have fun anymore... because... I cannot feel it anymore..."
    Elise winced as she felt like she just inadvertently stepped right on a landmine.

"Oh, uh, I'm-I'm sorry to hear that... That-that can't be easy."

"But... is it not normal... if we are covering same material? Is this not... the same as 'last' week, that is happening again..."
    Vivienne gave her with a confused look, and Elise realized that she'd missed her sarcasm.

"I guess that's what would be normal, I mean it's weird but it matches with- I, ah, sorry, I was just being a little sarcastic there, and trying to be a bit coy about what ever's happening, or, rather, happened to us," replied Elise sheepishly, "Yeah, It was absolutely the same material we covered last week. I did not like having to sit through those lessons a second time."

It was so boring. It was so much worse the second time.

"Beach party... all of it... might lead back to the incidents... if we not careful...I am sorry... people often... don't like my way of talking... so usually I stay silent... and show pictures... but here a bit hard to explain with... drawings--"
    "Don't-don't worry about it. I won't mind if you take your time-"

She paused, as the sound of some sort of clopping noise could be heard on the other side of Hisa's door, and seemed to be coming closer. Before she could make any sense of the noise, the dorm room door swung open and a strange, brightly dressed creature burst out and immediately hugged Elise. She blinked, unsure what to make of the creature currently nuzzling her. Elise glanced around, but saw no sign of Hisa. Had she already left for the band practice and left this creature in her place somehow?

Well, she seems friendly enough...

Elise looked down at the creature hugging her, noting just how short she was even with the extra height provided by her wooden sandals. Unsure what to do, Elise opted to pat the creature on the head.

“Hello. How nice to see you.”
    The creature took a moment to stop nuzzling her belly to look up at her and greet her.

"Hello! It's, uh, nice to see you too?" said Elise, "I'm Elise, and you are?"

“You are here to talk, right? Well, of course you are! Let’s go inside?”
    "... we enter, Elise?"
    "Yeah! Let's head in!" replied Elise.

Elise paused. Unsure how to proceed with the creature still attached to her.

Elise glanced over to Vivienne and asked, "Uhm, after you?"

Hisa Momoi (Sakura)

The girl let go of Elise, and pouted at her slightly.

“I know you’re Elise, no need to tell me that. And you’re Vivienne.”

But the wide smile crawled back onto her face just as fast. With a quick twirl, she turned back towards the door, and while still holding onto Elise’s hand, she lead the two of them into the room.

The room itself was rather simple - disregarding the furniture and decoration it came with, it only had a few extra additions. A few additional shelves, filled to the brim with books and various other items, a coat and towel hanger, different sorts of plants - that were noticeable sad from the lack of daylight - and a few boxes that were still lying in the corner, unpacked. All of it was bathing in a warm, orangish light thanks to the patterned paper lantern put over the light bulb.

On the desk, there was a small portable stove with a kettle on it, and judging by the whistling sound, there was water boiling in it. There were also some cups and pots, most likely for serving tea, and a plate with what looked like muffins and other cookies on it, alongside Hisa’s notebook.

After closing the door, the tiny girl strolled over to the desk to grab a piece of paper - again, perhaps too enthusiastically, as she shoved it into Elise’s face - and then started fidgeting with the kettle.

The Note:
    So sorry, with how many people wanted to perform in the music act all of a sudden, I figured it would have been rude to not show up for practice. On the other hand, I didn’t want to miss talking to you guys either, so it was a tough situation. If you’re reading this you probably already met Sakura. She is...a part of me, so she knows all I know, among other things. She’ll explain the rest. Hope we’ll be able to talk properly as well later.

-Hisa
    “I’m Sakura, by the way,” the girl chimed in, “I’m here to be Hisa in Hisa’s stead.”

Putting the kettle back on the stove, she walked over to Elise and grabbed her hands again, and looked up into her eyes.

“We like you very much. It breaks our heart that you had to suffer because of what we dragged you into. I hope you can forgive us.” She said, with the cheerful expression, for the first time, being replaced by a sad smile.

“And you,” She continued as her eyes were now locked onto Vivi, “If you’re here, and you remember, then you must have met a...similar fate, right?”

She let go of Elise, and wiped the forming tears out of the corner of her eyes, along with the sadness that she could not stand. It was not something she wanted to be part of her.

“We want to stop fate from repeating itself. We don’t want our friends to suffer again. So there’s much to be discussed.”

She nodded enthusiastically, with the warm, soothing smile back on her face again.

“Though, first...How do you like your tea? And do you like cookies?”

Blog Entries

Colt Davin
    [BGM]

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Sorry to bother you, sir. There was an incident in the dorm I thought I should report. Someone broke into the second floor this morning.”
    The tall man, built as robustly as one of the huge trees outside, paused pouring over the papers he had been holding in his hands. The mighty brows of the elusive Principal rose a bit at this revelation, and with alow hum, he set aside the stack of papers to the edge of his desk. Then, he set his hands on the table and clasped them together, leaning a bit forward. Those dark eyes of his concentrated on Colt, and for a moment, the young man could feel the weight of his stare as he took in both Colt himself and the information he had brought.

Back at the parking lot, Mr. Oceandrop had been a charismatic figure to be sure. One that could set ablaze excitement and feelings of wonder in just about every student. A modern day Alexander the Great, some could say.

But one-on-one... he was a little imposing too.

"Hmm... a break-in, you say?"

He tasted the term on his lips for a moment, clearly mulling over the fact. And it was no wonder. After all, from his point of view, this was the first proper morning the kids at the school had, and already there was a break-in at the dormitory. A crime had been committed, though nobody had gotten hurt and nothing seemed to have been stolen. Still, it was a serious thing, and considering what sort of students Pinefall had, there must've have been lots of circumstances the man had to take into account for.

Finally, he let a little bit of air out between his lips, and a curt smile broke to his face.

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Colt, right? Colton Davin? I've met your father a few times - remarkable man. Even with your circumstances, I can see some of his better qualities have rubbed off on you," Mr. Oceandrop finally continued, and the atmosphere eased up. "Judging by how you decided to report this only after the classes, I take it nothing serious happened and nothing was stolen, correct? Most might not even care about such a thing, but you've come to report it nonetheless. Good work."

Having said that, Mr. Oceandrop took a small notepad from the drawer of his desk and flipped it over. Colt could see how the man wrote down (in a rather exemplary handwriting, actually) a memo for himself to have Jake Briggs investigate the break-in, and if needed, inform the Sheriff. Then, while still writing, the principal glanced at Colt from under his brows.

"In which part of the second floor did this happen? One of the common rooms? Or a room of a student?" he asked, and once he had his answer, wrote down that too.

Finally, he ripped the page out of the notebook and set it on the table, while the notebook went back to the drawer. He then turned his attention back to Colt. The smile on the older man's face turned few degrees warmer, and he eased up slightly - becoming more akin to the excited eccentric billionaire that they had met on Tuesday morning.

"I'll have our janitor take a look at it, and if necessary, contact the authorities. Depending on how it was done, we might have to change the locks to newer ones. Though that would require bringing in a locksmith from Seattle... ah, but that's nothing I should trouble you with," the principal said, making a vague gesture with his hand, before settling them again on top of the table. "If anything, I should be asking you about how you're feeling, now that you're here. I was hoping some students might show up today so I could talk to them... but I suppose a beach party with youngsters of the same age is a much more enticing prospect than listening to an old man prattle on, hah!"

Chuckling to himself - a sound that was rumbling and low - Mr. Oceandrop flashed a momentary grin, before returning that inquisitive stare to Colt.

"Still... how has your first day here been, Colt? How were the classes? Are you making friends?"

Well, that was a bit surprising.

That sounded like genuine interest, instead of just someone checking on their "project".

Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    “Yo, Indiana. You busy? Shall we have a small walk before we head off to the beach party?”
    Ramia, who had been leaning against the wall, grunted with some amusement and stood straight, putting her hands in her pockets. Judging from how the girl had changed from her usual, more military-esque wear to something that practically screamed of "Beach Party!", even the mercenary had been somewhat looking forward to the events of the day. Or maybe it was the fact that this time, both Anna and Gabi had been more overtly enthusiastic about the party, meaning that even Ramia had gotten more into the mood. Whatever the case, the girl was certainly looking more "laid-back" than usual... though also clearly oblivious to the fact that her outfit might have turned a few heads, considering how Hwan Bin, who was walking past towards the toilets, tried his best not to look at his direction. Something first for the shorter boy.

Still, with a lopsided grin on her face, Ramia turned her eyes toward Anna, and cocked an eyebrow.

"A walk? What, we having a briefing? Don't worry, I already combed the beach for mines. Should be alright."

Chuckling a bit at her own lame joke, Ramia glanced a bit towards the corridor - her eyes scanning for somesone. It wasn't really a question who she was looking for. The trio of her, Anna and Gabi had promised to go to the beach together, and so they would... but Gabi was nowhere to be seen yet. Then again, both Anna and Ramia were pretty early all things considered, so the boy might not have even realized yet that they were waiting. In other words, this gave the duo some time to kill before heading out.

"Eh, why not? Lead the way. Unless this is about some serious crap. The 'let's have a walk' wording always has that kinda undertone, you know?" Ramia said, gesturing Anna towards the front door. "I was kind of hoping to put all the serious stuff to the backburner, and just enjoy this beach party thing we have today. Some R&R is always welcome, right?"

As they stepped outside to the surprisingly warm afternoon sunshine, Ramia let out a satisfied groan and stretched her back a bit, putting her hands to her hips. The small amount of clouds that had been there in the morning had now all cleared, and it was starting to look like the beach party might actually be last echo of the summer they had left behind.

"So... What's up?" Ramia asked, turning her attention to Anna.

John Dove

From the looks of it, the common room was as empty as to be expected. Most of the students were either preparing to head out, preparing for their little musical gigs, or were already at the End's Beach setting up tonight's Beach Party. That meant that the dormitory was more or less empty. Even as John looked into the room, all he saw were the empty sofa and armchairs, and the turned off TV. Outside, the sun was shining at full force even though it was afternoon, and the light was coloring the room into deep shades of gold and slight hint of orange.

Ah, no, a small correction.

The room wasn't completely empty.

There, in one of the armchairs, sat a handsome girl dressed quitely heavily despite the warm weather, writing something in a leather-bound journal. Alex Terrot was working in complete silence, scribbling away like was normal for those in her line of work. Perhaps it was the silence of the dorms that had caused her to relocate here to do her writing.

The ponytailed girl seemed to sense something, as she lifted her head to look at John for a moment... and then simply nodded, and returned to her work.

--- Not unfriendly, but not friendly either.

Alexstrasza Lockhart

"Ah, Zaza? Just a second!"

A cheerful holler came from the other side of the door. Still... it was only the second day, and Cesarina already recognized Alexstrasza by her knock? Either the girl was frighteningly sharp underneath her... oddball personality, or then the blonde simply had a very unique way of knocking even she herself was not aware of. Inside the room, Alexstrasza could hear Cesarina humming to herself, clearly dressing up while occasionally talking to that creepy doll of hers. Benito, was it? Even through the wooden door, the blonde girl could practically feel its soulless stare, boring straight into her without any hint of sympathy of humanity.

After all, it was a stuffed toy.

Toys didn't have any feelings.

"Ah, here we go! Now I am ready to take on this beach! I have the promised RC Model with me in my bag, along with sunlotion, towels and all the extra necessities!" Cesarina exclaimed as she swung the door open, nearly accidentally smacking Alexstrasza straight in the face with it. "It might not be La Costa degli Dei, but I am sure we will have f---BWAH!"

Cesarina snorted out so loudly that she sounded like a bullfrog for a moment.

All because of... what was before her.

"W-Waha, wahahahaa, waahahahaha~! W-what the heck are you wearing, Zaza! That is too cute!"

The thing that the Italian heiress was pointing at was, of course, the helmet that Alexstrasza had strapped to her head. Cesarina practically bent in half due to guffawing, holding her stomach as she tried to calm herself down. Tears of laughter were gathering in Cesarina's eyes, and she had to lean against the doorframe to be able to hold herself together - much less stay standing.

And when the fit of amusement finally started to subside, and Cesarina wiped at aforementioned tears...

"W-where did you even get such a helmet? You look like Amelia Earhart!" Cesarina giggled. "H-here I thought you were more of the reserved kind, but I see that you are ready to let loose at the beach too! T-though, maybe a bit too loose, considering you need a helmet, ahaha~! Oh, wait, oh-oh! Just a second!"

Before Alexstrasza could get a word in edgewise, Cesarina had produced something from her handbag. She lifted it up, there was a sudden flash of light, and when the blonde girl could see again, she saw her friend standing there, grinning widely and with a disposable camera in her hands. A camera that had just taken a picture of her and her... unfortunate hat-situation.

"Wahahaa~! Proof acquired!"
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; April 29th, 2020 at 10:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

Somehow, Lucille Faraday has dodged the make-up session once again, and it is the thoughts of her impending emotional execution that make her steps sluggish. Performing, though, is just fine with her. Not ideal, but something she has done more than once in the world. And with so little time to prepare, it’s not as if she’s under any exacting circumstances to play a masterpiece.

That’s fine with her, honestly. Being stressed was terrible on her decision making skills, and those were already somewhat suspect in the first place.

She slips into the impromptu meeting quietly, but judging by the incoherent placement of teenagers, it looked like there wasn’t a real split yet. Her ears catch bits of conversation—people listing what they can or can’t do (is everyone just good at doing whatever?) and asking about song choice—but truth be told, she didn’t feel a real sense of initiative to pick a song for everyone or to market herself. If people picked something to play, she’d play it.

“Sorry I’m late,” Lucille pipes up, feeling somewhat ashamed she’s the last person here. She should have been more punctual. “As for what I can play, I can play keyboard. I did choir too, but that’s a bit…”

Well, it was probably fairly applicable in this case, but Lucille was certain she sounded better when twenty other people helped mask her voice.

“As for what we’re playing… We should split the groups in two first, and then figure that out, right?”

Blog Entries

Prushka, Hisa Momoi, Vier Wolff, Liana Skye, Elaine Winters & Lucille Faraday

When Prushka arrived, the music room was looking a bit more "full" than perhaps expected... though it had the same sort of look that she could remember from the first time she had visited here. That is, the amount of cables, equipment, amps and other assorted and needed things for the gig had been piled there, and Pyry was currently in the middle of a discussion with Inacio about transporting the goods to the beach in his car. However, when Prushka pushed in with that TV/VCR set on wheels, they both turned towards her with slightly surprised looks on their faces...

... Though the blonde boy quickly broke into a grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Hi. Sorry if I upset any plans... didn't realize you'd all agreed to play beforehand. But it looks like it's worked out somehow. Um... got any advice for not panicking and looking like an idiot? I've only really sung in the shower before... and to my sister a few times..."
    Pyry chuckled at that, and made a calming gesture with his hand.

"Nah, don't worry 'bout it, Squirt. If anything, we're positively surprised. Never would've thought you'd get a hankering to be the lead singer," the boy said, peering down at her while rubbing his chin. "Then again, you've got quite the set of pipes for a body that small, so I figure you could do well in that role!"

Inacio nodded in agreement, an amused hum escaping through his lips.

"Mhm, Pyry's got a point. We'll be looking forward to your performance," the Lusitanian said. "As for advice... well. More often than not, a little nervousness is not bad. In fact, it's worse if you aren't nervous. When you're nervous, you focus more on what you're doing and don't make careless mistakes. But if you want to make sure you don't get too anxious, I would advice some sort of mental focus. Perhaps simply try not to think that the audience is there, or go at it like this was just the dress rehearsal. Or do it like John Popper, who closes his eyes whenever he leans in to sing. That way you don't even see the audience."

Pyry laughed at that.

"Or, just imagine everyone's naked! That's a classic way of stop thinking 'bout embarrassing yourself," he added, before grinning mischievously. "Though, I guess that could have the adverse effect on you, Squirt. You seem like the type who'd just get more flustered by that."

In the midst of this advice-slash-teasing, the door opened again and more and more people started pouring in. First it was Hisa, then Vier, then Liana, and finally Elaine. Before they knew, a whole big group had gathered up in the music room, and it was now beginning to feel like a proper band practice... even though the other band didn't even know what sort of song they were going to play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Hey. Lots of people interested all of a sudden, huh? Quite surprising. How are the...bands going to look then? I wanted to play together with Pyry, but I guess I can help out elsewhere too if needed? I can play the piano pretty well...Sing too, even, and if needed I could try other instruments too.”
    Pyry smiled at the sight of Hisa twirling around on the piano stool.

"Hey there, pikkusisko. We were just talking 'bout that with Inacio before. Guess we should divide up based on what everybody can do," he answered. "While I can sing and handle harmonica, and Inacio can play the guitar, that still leaves the keyboard, bass and drums from the band. If you handle the first and Vier here handles the second, we only need drums."

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “Hey everyone. And as for bands, I personally think I’m going to have to play for both bands because it seems like I’m the only bassist for both groups. I should be fine with playing Inacio and Pyry’s song because I’ve played it before. However, I’m definitely going to need to practice the other band’s song… if anyone has a specific song in mind.”
    This time it was Inacio's turn to smile.

"Ah, that would help a lot, if you feel like you're able to do that. This would mean, hmm..." The Lusitanian thought for a moment. "Band #1 would have Pyry at the vocals, me at the guitar, you at the bass and Hisa here at the keyboard. Meaning we would only need a drummer. Meanwhile Band #2 would have Prushka at the vocals, Liana... at the guitar, I think? Vier again at the bass... and they would still need a keyboardist and a drummer."

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "I was on the music track at one of my old schools, so I can sing and dance pretty well, and could probably handle a guitar too if that's needed~! Although, I didn't actually bring one with me to the school~ Hah..."
    Inacio cocked an eyebrow at that.

"Oh? Dancer too? You seem like a rather multitalented lady, then, Liana Skye. But yes, if you can handle a guitar and perform for the second band that way, it would ease a lot of things," the young musician answered. "Oh, and as for guitars, open up those large closet doors. There's plenty of instruments there. They're old, of course, but with a little tuning, I'm sure they work."

As if then remembering something, the green-haired youth turned back towards Vier.

"Oh, speaking of which... if you need to change strings for your bass, there should be few somewhere in there as well," he added. "It's mostly just deduction, but I'd be willing to bet on it - I'm pretty sure that I saw the same model amidst all the guitars and bases, after all."

Pyry, on the other hand leaned against the wall and folded his arms across his chest. The eyes of the tall boy were scanning the group lazily for a moment, until they landed at Liana.

"Mind grabbing other instruments too and handing them out if people need them? I think Hisa here should at least get familiar with her keyboard. Oh, and while dancing might be fine otherwise, might be wise to leave that to the audience if you're handling the guitar," the boy said and laughed. "Seen a few too many times how the excited guitarist ends up smacking the singer in the face with their instrument without noticing it."

The lanky athelete's eyes wander over to Hisa, and he gave her a quick wink.

"Though multitasking, if it makes sense, might not be so bad," he chuckled. "I mean, hearing Hisa sing might be pretty interesting."

Was he... was he trying to tease her?

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Sorry for holdin' things up, had some stuff to take care of. Like I said earlier, I'm solid on drums and a pretty good guitarist, can even sing a bit if the mood strikes me. Though, I do have to add, I don't have any actual schooling on things, it's all self-taught, mixed with a little bit of being the only person who can carry a tune around."
    That seemed to grab Inacio's attention.

"Oh, that sounds good! If you could handle the drums, it would save us a lot of trouble. Though... do you think you have it in you to perform for both bands? If not, we should find a second drummer. It's a rough job after all..." Inacio said, rubbing his chin. "... Though where to get a drummer this late is anyone's guess..."

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Got any ideas for song choices? I got a whole bunch of tapes in the Beast if people want some source material."
    "Here's our song choice. Catch."

Having said that, Pyry fished out a cassette tape from his pocket and lobbed it towards Elaine for her to catch. That was easily enough done, and when the blonde got her hands on the thing, she saw that the word "Blues Traveler - Hook" had been written onto it with a black marker. From the looks of it, that hadn't changed from the first iteration of this event... though that left still one more question unanswered.

Or rather, one more song to be decided.

And now both Inacio and Pyry were looking at Prushka.

"As for the second band's song... I guess Squirt here has some idea, since she was so eager," Pyry said with a grin. "And I'm guessing it has something to do with that whole TV-on-wheels she dragged in as well."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “Sorry I’m late. As for what I can play, I can play keyboard. I did choir too, but that’s a bit… As for what we’re playing… We should split the groups in two first, and then figure that out, right?”
    "Ah, that's quite alright Faraday. Glad you got here," Inacio said, his smile warm enough to imply that the girl really wasn't late in the first place. "And the keyboard? Well, would you mind handling that in the second band then? That would mean we have one keyboardist in each."

Pyry nodded, let his eyes sweep the group of teenagers, and started counting with his fingers.

"So, the first band would be me, Inacio, Hisa and Vier... while the second band would be Squirt, Liana, Lucille and Vier..." he made a quick count. "How about it, Elaine? Can you handle both, or should we try to look for a second drummer? And you, Vier? You okay with pulling double-duty? I'm sure there's someone in this school who can play the bass too."

--- Well, seemed like it was time to make decision!