Page 119 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1969109114117118119120121124129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 4864

Thread: Astronomika - Shooting Down Falling Stars (IC)

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff
    Phase: Morning Phase
    Date: 07.09.1994 (WED)
    Weather: Partly Cloudy

Once I pointed it out to Caleb Montjoy, he got embarrassed by his constant coffee moving once I mentioned it to him and I managed to save Aleen some face. With that out of the way, I started to make my cafe au lait. Once I finished mixing in the milk, Aleen started elbowing me to look at Caleb trying to hide his face in his beenie.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleen
    "I love it when it he does that hat thing~"
    How long have you been watching him Aleen that you’ve seen that already? To my knowledge, you should have only known him for a period of two days at best. Eventually, Caleb Montjoy got his composure again and continued his story on the McLampets.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Montjoy
    "Not much. As I said, I just read the local brochure. Seems like the local sawmill was the center of the town. Then, after years of bad luck, it fell into disrepair. Now, the family that owned it, McLampets, are practically nowhere to be seen. Their oldest living member, Josie McLampet lives here with her daughter... but they are a rarely seen, apparently. And yeah. I've heard those boogeyman stories too. Lot of them around this area. Though that's the case of any small town, right?"
    “Yeah local superstitions that parents tell their kids to keep them out of trouble like the big bad wolf and stuff like that. But there’s always a little hint of truth to most of them.”

I could probably hint at the Turnside with Caleb because he was strongly suggesting that we stay inside after SOMETHING happened at the bar. However, it would raise more questions than answers if I started hinting it to him now.

"Well. I'm sure more could be learned if we visited the local library,"

I was about to mention where to find the library in town to him. Claiming its totally just something I happen to know offhand, but Aleen beat me on responding to him.

"A-ahaha, no, from what I hear the local library's closed. Too bad, huh? Guess it'll remain a mystery~"
    I looked at Aleen as I thought about who told me where the town library was. before remembering that Aleen did mention to me that the Owl's Nest had a library. If that's the case, then why was she uncomfortable with Caleb Montjoy knowing about it. Was this topic that bad for her?

“If all you want to know were local stories and boogeymen, you should probably talk to the locals. After all, who else would know better but them? The only issue would be the fact that you would have to talk to a decent sample size, compile the data to remove bias, and then cross reference all of them for facts. While I’m sure you could get a little detective group going, it would take us probably a year long project to figure everything out.”

While I may be trying to make this sound like it’s a tedious and painful effort with little to no payoff. Caleb Montjoy might be the type that enjoys the sight of a challenge and start seriously asking all of the residents in town. Granted, I wasn’t lying when I said investigating and compiling all that data would take a significant amount of time for most people.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar

Vivienne Bianchi is once more content to observe and not involve herself. A little bit too much was going on after all, and her previous inquiries were mostly met with silence. It was a little bit unfortuante, but a single person can only divide their attention so much after all... and they would most likely direct it towards things that they care about. A silent, emotionless individual, would usually not be very interesting, nor would they be very fun to talk to -- hence, it was understandable that Vivienne Bianchi was essentially flying under everyone's radar.

But was that not one of her main assets after all? To go unnoticed, and to be left to do her devices thanks to her peculiar state... indeed, it was a very powerful tool in most situations... except perhaps for like cases like this, where the flow of information is hindered.

Anyways, it was still possible to gleam more, to understand more from simply being a spectator to what was going on--

"...?"

*Cute Dog Noises.*

Oh.

Someone else had taken an interest in Vivienne. The little lady dog, Tonkori. This was the first time seeing her up close... and as expected she was cute. But Vivienne Bianchi could not feel attachment, affection or any of the related feelings that should course through someone when beholden by such an adorable creature. She did not feel anything, yet she knew that she should... so she tried her best to smile. It was an empty smile that she gave the dog, an empty stare as she reached for it -- the creature seemed to be demanding affection, and such a thing was best delivered in a certain way: pats, headpats. A little caress on the creature's delicate head, ruffling the hair behind its ears lightly, stroking down from the top of its head, follow Tonkori's back till reaching her tail... Vivienne gave measured, but precise and comfortable pats to the little dog. Some could even say that this was more a massage than an affectionate gesture.

But back to human matters. There was talk about the beach party, one that Vivienne had attended to during the 'previous week'... and would probably once more this time so that she could get to talk to more people. However, how would the schedule look like since she was planning on also accepting Hisa's invitation? Did Hisa just forget about that or would they simply talk about the 'previous' week on the way to the beach? That remained to be seen, but the latter was entirely possible. It did take a while after all for the party to get started.

The subject quickly switched to something different however... and that was the package that Caesarina had been carrying. Judging from Caesarina's befuddled behavior and Alextraza's rather... animated response, it was quite likely that the original recipient for the intent indeed was the Shakespearean girl. Something embarrassing perhaps. The rattling sound that Vivienne heard earlier could have perhaps been something like glass... vials perhaps? Plastic. But then the size of the package meant that these were tiny vials or... something else.

"Medication?" Vivienne inquired to Alexstraza, before being interrupted by Liana Skye's sudden display of brazenness. Could it be that, the black-haired girl had a lapse of lucidity and had confused Alexstraza for Tonkori? Or perhaps that after having been lulled into such a fluffy embrace by the dog's smooth fur, Liana was already showing withdrawal symptoms and simply reached for the closest fur-like object... though in that case, wouldn't it be Subaru's head?

It was possible that Alexstraza's golden hair was the closest to Tonkori's brown fur, thus, why it triggered that response from Liana.

There is of course the possibility, that this could be all nonsense, and that Liana Skye's reason to coming to Pinefall High is that she can't control herself from petting anything, and anyone. Vivienne nor Elise didn't get petted though... so could it be that she mostly wanted to pet blonde hair?

Bah.

Vivienne Bianchi
    Last edited by Ayakashi; April 23rd, 2020 at 09:51 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Cheetose's Avatar
    Hisa Momoi
    Date: 07.09.1994

“Is...is that a trick question?” I asked while playing along with Pyry, “Are you going to change the song just so that you can prove me wrong? What a cheat, what a dirty cheat!”

It was almost hard to believe how easily his presence and his goofiness managed to evaporate my worries and depression. Even if the problems didn’t disappear...even if things looked just as grim, if not more, because of what happened, his smile and laugh, and just being able to talk to him like this made me momentarily forget about it all.

“But well, for the song...honestly I mostly just heard the song rather than know what exactly it was, but it was called Hook? Hook from Blue Ravers!”

I was more confident about the song’s name than the band’s. As proud I was of my memory, I was never that good with names, especially when they didn’t feel relevant and were only just vaguely mentioned.

Or when it came to modern music.

Maybe this time I should have Pyry teach me some about it.

“Then Mercedes sang some song that she come up with on her own supposedly. Though it kind of started to feel like an after party that we weren’t invited to from there. Made me wonder if you guys actually already knew each other from before, and we were the actual complete strangers.”

Now it’s just going to feel even more weird. How many people remember? How many are in a similar situation as me and Pyry? How much will things change now...if I just consider that even I already completely derailed my own path that I initially followed?

“You, Inacio, Mercedes and the likes, you know.” I said as I was absentmindedly gesturing towards Pyry with my fork again, while slowly chewing on another piece of bacon.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Liana Skye, Elise Pelltier, Vivienne Bianchi, Prushka & Alexstrasza Lockhart

It looked like Vivienne's meticulous and methodical petting of Tonkori's fur was much appreciated. The dog practically buzzed of enjoyment thanks to the massage-like affection that she was receiving, both on her head and on the rest of her back. Indeed, once the quiet girl was done, Tonkori even managed to look a little disappointed... but soon got over it. Instead, she walked a bit closer to Vivienne, gave her face a thankful lick, and then a bark full of gratitude.

After that the tiny dog pitter-pattered off towards Alexstrasza, looking mighty satisfied and energetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prushka
    "Ugh..... fine! You win! You two definitely aren't friends... I'll pay reparations to Japan and Italy... you can borrow some of my swimsuits, so please no more... But you only beat me because you worked together..."
    That type of surrender, as well as the promise of reparations, made both Subaru and Cesarina blink in surprise. In unison, actually. Almost like their thought-processes had taken exactly the same amount of time to arrive to pretty much the same answer.

"O-oh? Well, if you are offering, Miss Prushka, that would be... well, that would be very nice of you," Subaru answered, a slightly apologetic smile on her face. "A-and I suppose I have to apologize too. I merely got a bit heated for a moment there because of someone, and spoke without thinking. Indeed, you are not akin to daruma in the slightest. If anything, you resemble a proud Akita in the way you remain strong despite your size!"

She made an awkward fist-pumping motion, as if trying to encourage the tiny girl.

And from the other side of the table.

"I-Indeed, while I thought I had packed everything with me, a swimsuit was not one of those things. After all, the ocean here is hardly the mediterranean! I did not know swimming was even possible here, waha~!" Cesarina added, nodding strongly. "So, apology accepted and much appreciated, Miss Prushka!"

Then, looking a bit shifty in her eyes, Cesarina leaned closer to the defeated girl with a raised eyebrow.

"Ah, and, um, speaking of which... you seem to know your combat vehicles, do you not?" she asked in a hushed tone. "This might be a long shot, but have you ever driven an RC Model of one? I have one that does especially well on sand, so I was thinking that maybe, during the Beach Party, I could take it with..."

Well, there was certainly a surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexstrasza
    "I suppose it might be for me..."
    As if to answer that embarrassed admission of guilt, there was an encouraging bark from right next to the blonde girl. Tonkori, whose fur had been ruffled in great detail and who had gotten her fair share of expertly applied pats and pets and compliments was standing there, before suddenly putting her front paws on Alexstrasza's shoulder and giving her cheek a lick with her rough, tiny puppy tongue. Almost like the animal was trying to tell the girl not to mind it and to soldier on.

Quote Originally Posted by Liana
    "It's okay Little Z, I think that name is pretty cute."
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "Ohmygoodness, Lil Z. That is such an adorable name, Alexstrasza."
    "Mm, it certainly is befitting of her looks and cuteness! I agree with Knightess and Nondescript Classmate here!" Cesarina exclaimed, nodding with a beaming smile towards Alexstrasza. "Speaking of which, while Zaza is certainly a beautiful nickname of its own, maybe you'd allow me to call you Lil' Z too? Why, it almost sounds like one of those hip hop singers, does it not? Very cool!"

Subaru, who had been drinking her tea in peace, snorted and nearly choken on the liquid when he heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise
    "That's a lot of stamps for such a small package... Looks like they're all American stamps, so it's probably safe to assume that it came from the States. If I had to guess, it looks like the sender just bought a whole sheet of stamps and just adhered it to the side of the package... although if he was at the store, I wonder why he didn't bother to get fresh twine, that stuff looks kinda gross... It doesn't look it's very heavy, and it's not particularly large... so I'm going to guess that the sender had no idea how much postage was actually needed for the package (and really, who does?), and wanted to make sure that it absolutely got here... You said it rattled, right Cesarina? That you thought it sounded like plastic? Did it sound like something solid or hollow? If it rattled, that probably rules out a book..."
    "Mhm. Rattled like there were some moving parts, perhaps," Cesarina answered, looking over at the package herself now with a pursed lip. "It feels extremely light as well, so whatever it is, it cannot be too dense. Maybe made out of plastic? Ah, but, this is certainly meaningless conjecture at this point. After all, we have found the package's owner!"

And with that, the twin-tailed girl practically shoved the package in Alexstrasza's arms.

"There you are! A bit of a mix-up at the post office it seems, but no harm done, waha~!" Cesarina exclaimed. "All's well that ends well, right?"

Then, just as quickly as she had delivered the package, a curious shine appeared in the girl's eyes.

"N-now... what might be the contents of the thing?"

--- Looks like the heiress really wanted to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivienne
    "Medication?"
    Cesarina tilted her head.

"Hmm... it could be?" She pondered. "Though it did not feel like a plastic container with pills inside..."

It was certainly a mystery to solve!

Anna Vandemeel

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    "If you keep this up, certain folks in this very cafeteria are definitely going to take notice. Real soon.”
    A moment of silence.

Then...

"...... Tch."

Travis clicked his tongue at Anna and relaxed his posture. At the same time the knife he had disappeared within the large pockets of his big jacket, where it sounded like it was put in a hidden hilt. The boy stopped leaning back on his chair too, letting it fall forward until his feet touched the floor. Now leaning his elbows against the table, the thug-like delinquent kept his narrowed eyes glaring at Anna, but at the very least he didn't feel like he was going to burt into a fight at any moment now.

"... Point taken. Hell, even that merc friend of yours is giving me one hell of a glare right now," Travis snorted, sounding annoyed at both himself and Anna. "Don't wanna get my face shot to shit, so guess I'll do just that and chill."

Glancing over her shoulder, Anna could indeed see that Ramia was currently keeping a close eye on what was happening. Her hardened glare softened a bit now that she saw Travis taking it easier, though she still did cock her eyebrow at Anna as if asking whether or not everything was alright, and if she should intervene.

"Anyways, the hell d'ya want then? You come over here 'cause you say you got half curious? And then you start flinging wild theories like it was shit and you were a teenage girl," Travis asked, annoyance deeply seeping into his voice. "That'd but anyone on the edge, especially since it's a face they've never seen before. Could be anyone. Even the type of person I don't want snooping 'round in my fucking business. In a nuthouse like this you can never be too sure."

A sarcastic grin rose to his face afterwards.

"After all... You're don't seem like exactly the type of bleeding heart to come warn me outta the goodness of your soul. So, what hell do you actually want?"
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; April 23rd, 2020 at 08:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hisa Momoi

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “But well, for the song...honestly I mostly just heard the song rather than know what exactly it was, but it was called Hook? Hook from Blue Ravers!”
    SNORT!

Pyry almost chocked on his coffee for a moment, and when he recovered, he was still coughing and laughing, trying to contain himself. It took him almost half a minute to regain control, and even when he did, he was still grinning from ear to ear and wiping tears of laughter from his face. It was... perhaps not the expected reaction.

"B-Blues Ravers... Hah! So close but yet so far!" Pyry guffawed. "That's Blues Traveler, pikkusisko. I don't even know what the heck 'Blues Ravers' is supposed to be! G-guess you were... snort... sorta right though. So points for that. And since you're not in the lyrics, I suppose you'll do just fine. Can't mix up any words and all that! Like Traveler and Ravers, bwahahaha~!"

He seemed to have gotten way too much amusement out of such a simple mistake.

Maybe even for Pyry, now that the tense atmosphere had evaporated, he was feeling more free and energized?

Quote Originally Posted by Hisa
    “Then Mercedes sang some song that she come up with on her own supposedly. Though it kind of started to feel like an after party that we weren’t invited to from there. Made me wonder if you guys actually already knew each other from before, and we were the actual complete strangers. You, Inacio, Mercedes and the likes, you know.”
    Pyry blinked for a moment, before nodding.

"O-oh? Oh, right, that thing... yeah, Mercedes did ask for that. It's a nice enough song, I guess," he answered, trying to get more seriousness in his voice. "Though, I dunno about the atmosphere? I mean, I've met Inacio and Mercedes for the first time here, at Pinefall, so dunno how it could feel like we were old pals. Especially since we ain't exactly moving in the same circles. Might have been just your imagination?"

He posited that more as a vague, rhetorical question that didn't need answering.

Still, while Pyry was about to say more, he suddenly was interrupted. Not by Hisa speaking, or someone else approaching them, but by a distant voice that came from downhill. Curious, Pyry turned to look into the direction of the track. There, a familiar-looking cyan shape was bouncing up and down wildly, and waving her arms in their directions with enough energy to rival the sun.

"Whassuuuup!" the distant shape yelled.

Pyry cocked his eyebrow at Hisa and chuckled.

"W-what the heck is she doing?"

John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by John
    “Now, as fun as this is, we cannot keep jogging forever. I hafta finish my routine with time to grab something to eat. Also, if I never stop running I will drop dead.”
    "O-oh!"

Looking a bit embarrassed about not realizing how much time they had used, Ubon dug her sneakers into the track and came to a screeching halt. She finished this by bending her knees a bit and jumping up, ending up again bouncing up and down on her soles while slowly coming to a rest. It was as if she had way too much kinetic energy in her body and had to use it up on some sort of movement or she would just explode. Or perhaps she was jut being Ubon who was too caught up in the joy of exercising and like a little kid she tried to squeeze every last bit out of it.

"Then, let's get to those stretches Johnnie! I'll show you some real good moves that'll make you as nimble and bendy as me, for realsies!" Ubon exclaimed, her hands on her hips and grin on her face. "The trick is to think that you don't have any bones and then--- Hm? Oh? Oh!"

Looking a bit surprised, Ubon's gaze had moved from John to somewhere outside the track. Following that gaze, John could see that there, near the school and on the slope between the campus center and the field, were two figures who were sitting down on the grass. One was hard to make out, but seemed to be wearing darker clothes and have a black or dark brown hair. Meanwhile the other one was very easy to recognize. Huge in size, wearing white and with a mane of a golden hair on top of his head... that had to be Pyry Leijonamieli.

From the looks of it, those two had come here to enjoy a breakfast together, huh?

"Huh, that's... Pyry and... is that Hisa? Hisa Momoi? Never woulda thunk I'd see them together like that," Ubon commented, rubbing her chin. "And eating breakfast together, no less! Man, that's almost scandalous! Fufufufu~, maybe I should tease them... 'bout it... a bit..."

For some reason, Ubon's voice trailed off towards the end.

"Guess I... missed my c-chance, huh...?"

Though John couldn't exactly see her face since she was facing away from him, it was clear that the girl was shivering a bit for some reason or another. This odditity, not to mention this sudden fall into silence, was very unlike Ubon. Just as unlikely was the small sniffle that John could hear escape from Ubon's mouth, followed by her rubbing her eyes for some reason for a moment. It was like the whole atmosphere of the cheery, energetic girl had changed with a snap of a finger, and made into... something very un-Ubon-like.

--- But perhaps the most surprising thing was what followed.

In other words...

Ubon suddenly slapping both of her cheeks with her own hands, and using quite the force to do so judging by the sound.

"Ah well! No can do! Haha, that's just how it goes!" Ubon said chipperly, before looking back at John with a renewed beaming grin. "Looks like we've gotten audience, Johnnie! Guess we make for good entertainment to go with breakfast... though I think since you're funny to look at, you're the entertainment part here! For realsies~"

She punctuated that by sticking out her tongue at John, before suddenly turning around and waving her hands. At the same time the girl's legs moved and she jumped high up in the air... and kept jumping. Jumping, waving her arms, and causing quite a bit of noise as she did all that...

... A very Ubon-like thing to do.

"Heeeeey! Hisa! Pyry! G'mooooorning!" Ubon hollered out, grinning at the two in the distance. "Whassuuuup!"
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; April 23rd, 2020 at 08:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday, Elaine Winters & Colt Davin

Quote Originally Posted by Colt
    “Y’know, I was a bit confused by that comment about younger guys. Honestly… I’m still of the mind that you’re yankin’ my chain here. Aside from the shrimp, you don’t seem any older than the rest of us.”
    Sakura pursed her lips at this comment, though it seemed like it was less because she was annoyed by it, and more that she was trying to keep a hint of smile appearing on her face and act all serious-like. Perhaps Colt's comment, as dangerous as it had been, had actually worked here? At the very least, Sakura didn't seem to mind at all.

"Well, that's very nice of you to say," Sakura answered with that weird expression. "The idea was to blend in with the students here, so... Ah well. As long as as it works, I suppose. And as long as it fishes me vague compliments like that. Though, still, if you want to keep me happy today at our date, I expect you to work on your flattery a bit, hm~?"

For some reason, it felt like the danger had shifted from Lucille to Colt?

Or perhaps not, as just a second later, Sakura glanced at Lucille and gave her a sneaky wink, signaling she wasn't being all that serious and just teasing the boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine
    "Y'know, actually, I did some housework like that myself, wasn't for very long, of course, but yeah, I got to live in a big fancy house and do work, was maybe two years ago? Suppose you could have called us hobos, in the classical sense, workers travelling here and there for work, Pop had some business with the man of the house, and we got a nice roof an' good food out of it. But there's nothin' wrong with being spooked by some crazy birds loitering, there was a time when I couldn't get out of my beast cause of all these starlings over the lawn. Black feathered vagabonds all over the place, crapped everywhere, was like Hitchcock or something. Gave me a good scare when they swarmed the car."
    That made Sakura raise her eyebrows.

"Oh? Honestly, Winters, that doesn't sound like 'hobos' in the slightest. Workforce like that is always appreciated. I mean... if you did housework like that, I'm sure you noticed how taxing it actually is, no?" Sakura replied. "At least when it comes to the Faraday Household, I welcome all the help I can get. Keeping the house in order and keeping an eye on Mistress Lucille is a full day's job, after all."

Then, that somewhat impish grin returned.

"... But yes, looking at you, I think a maid's uniform would suit you," she added, beaming at Elaine mischievously. "Want to give it a go later? I have few with me~"

For some reason, Sakura might have been even scarier when she was in a good mood!

“No way, I think being spooked by ducks is a bit out there. Maybe if she mistook them for geese or something, that’s normal. But ducks? Cute little mallards? Well, not to be rude, but… that does sound interesting.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille
    “They wouldn’t stop following me! Can we not discuss this?!”
    "Aww, but it's such an adorable story!" Sakura cooed, ruffling Lucille's hair. "You were like a little golden duckling, running around flailing you arms, with a line of ducks behind you flailing their wings in tandem! I can't remember when I've laughed that much~! Heck, I think I might even have some pictures in the old album... Oh! Should I go fetch that? There are so many memorable pictures, from your choir recitals to that time you were all about playing a knight to even your baby pictures~!"

Sakura giggled at the thought, though the impish smile was still there - showing she was harmlessly teasing the girl.

"Ah, I guess I'm just being nostalgic a bit..." She then added. "If only I could hear that 'onee-chan' again, it might recharge those nostalgia batteries of mine and make me drop the subject..."

Truly a devious woman!

“Though I have to say, everyone in this school is so interesting. A mistress and her maid here, an mystery woman who lived her life on the road there. I feel a bit plain and out of place.”
    Hearng that, Sakura giggled a bit, reached out... and this time ruffled Colt's hair - without asking for a consent in the least!

"Now now, I'm sure you've got plenty of mysteries and interesting stories in your past~! Sounds like everybody here does," Sakura said. "And even if you don't, a 'bit plain' never hurt anyone. Especially if everyone's somehow interesting and special, it makes you unique among that group!"

Looks like her "older sister" switch had been completely flipped...

Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Vier
    “If all you want to know were local stories and boogeymen, you should probably talk to the locals. After all, who else would know better but them? The only issue would be the fact that you would have to talk to a decent sample size, compile the data to remove bias, and then cross reference all of them for facts. While I’m sure you could get a little detective group going, it would take us probably a year long project to figure everything out.”
    Caleb hummed a bit in agreement and nodded while rubbing his chin.

"Well. That's a very methodical way to go about it. Not bad in any means. But as you said. Time consuming," he replied. "Though... I suppose we have time. All the time we need. We're supposed to be here for a year, no? Would give us all something to do in the off time. Maybe make it a school project. Might make the teachers see us in more favorable light, even."

From the looks of it, this way of thinking didn't seem to discourage him in any way. Then again, that might have been obvious. After all, Caleb Montjoy was an artist who dealt in painting in the traditional way... meaning he would have to know at least something about patience. Hence, while Vier might have meant to try to talk him subtly down from his train of thought, she might have just added more fuel to the fire regarding it. At the very least, she seemingly got the gears in his head rolling.

Meanwhile Aleen, of course, was making sulky faces at Vier unbeknownst to Caleb - almost as if the brunette had somehow betrayed her trust.

"W-what the heck, Vier! He doesn't need to know all about this mumbo jumbo!" Aleen whispered to her friend. "The last thing we want is for him to start thinking this town's weird or something. I mean, he might even just pack his bags and leave..."

Then, after muttering something about "the worst winggirl ever" Aleen adopted a quick and a bit awkward smile on her face and turned back to Caleb.

"A-anyways, totes more importantly - you guys hear about the beach party planned for today yet?" She asked. "Sounds like it'd be loads of fun, am I right?"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anna Vandemeel

"Don't wanna get my face shot to shit, so guess I'll do just that and chill."
    “Good call.” Not a hint nor hair of tension was present in the raven-haired girl’s voice. ”Well, Ramia is only one part of the equation here.”

Anna turned her head a bit to give the dusky-skinned girl an easygoing grin and a shrug in response to her silent query. For the time being, there was no need for her to get involved. If that was ever the case really. Though if what Caleb had told her regarding this cafeteria was correct, then maybe having someone more accustomed to more “traditional” methods of combat watching her back wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

“There are others here, like Nubata who have…” Anna’s eyes scanned through the cafeteria. “…lets just say less obvious motivations.”

"After all... You're don't seem like exactly the type of bleeding heart to come warn me outta the goodness of your soul. So, what hell do you actually want?"
    “Hah.” Anna let out a brief chuckle, clearly not put off by the slightest by Travis’s rather blunt questioning. “You’re correct of course. If things were completely normal, I really wouldn’t bother getting involved but…”

Anna gave a brief shake of her head, almost as if wondering herself what she was really doing here, before directly meeting the dark eyes of the boy in front of her.

“Who knows? At one point I might find that I may be in need of some…” The corner of Anna’s mouth twitched upwards for a second. “...thuggish advice on certain subjects, let's say.”

“Of course, in return, I’d be more than willing to give you a hand from time to time as well. Though whether or not you actually want me to be involved with… your business is something I’ll leave up to you.”

Seemingly finished with her part of the discussion, Anna’s eyes caught a glimpse of the white clock on the wall of the cafeteria. Their “first day” of lessons would start soon. For her, it would be her second time in this bloody dead-end of a town wrapped in the grasp of the turnside like a smothering vine that refused to let go, growing in the shadows until the moment it would be able to burst out and overwhelm them all.

With her eyes still affixed on the clock, a certain hidden sharpness crept into Anna’s eyes, like a razor’s edge wrapped in velvet. Fueled by the memories of the last week, it wasn’t aimed at Travis or any one person in particular, yet it was there nonetheless. When her eyes returned to the Canadian boy, the sharpness was gone, but there was still remained a glint of seriousness that hadn’t been there during their previous conversation.

“There is something wrong in this place, Gagnon. Both in the town itself and in this blasted school.” A mirthless smile flickered over her face for a moment, as he remembered the blue-haired boy’s actions both in the past and in the present. “Though you probably don’t need me to tell you that, now do you?”
    Last edited by Mellon; April 23rd, 2020 at 09:12 AM.

Hisa Momoi

“I’ve no idea,” I answered while gingerly waving back at the girl, “She’s just way too hyper.”

I haven’t seen too much of Ubon last time - but from what little time I spent with her, I knew that she was energetic, way too energetic, to the point where it almost felt abnormal. It’s not that I really considered myself a lazy sloth, but just looking at her zooming and jumping around was enough to start draining my own energy as well.

Not to mention her room.

Thinking back about her room gave me the shivers for a moment, but as I put the thought aside, I gestured towards the two before pushing myself up from the ground.

“Well...let’s go say hello to them. Would be rude to just ignore her, and I certainly don’t feel like shouting from here.”

Folding the towel back into my bag, and with the - still mostly full - food tray in my hands, I started walking towards the sports field alongside Pyry.

Hisa Momoi

Getting closer, I managed to properly make out who the other person was as well, except that, even with my previous knowledge, I remembered fairly little about him.

“Hey, John, Ubon. What are you guys up to?” I greeted them while waving lazily, “Starting the day with some exercising?”

Wouldn’t be hard to believe in Ubon’s case, but John didn’t exactly look like the most athletic person. More like...just average. Ordinary? Strangely normal, as if he was purposefully trying to not stand out. But then...just like a book, I can’t really judge him by his cover.

“Want some food?” I continued as I offered my tray to the two, “Since you’re out of here, I’d assume you haven’t had breakfast yet. And since I took way too much...I don’t mind sharing.”

Would give a bit of time to discuss some things with these two in peace, away from the crowd.

Blog Entries
    Colt Davin

“Though, still, if you want to keep me happy today at our date, I expect you to work on your flattery a bit, hm~?"

It was only then that Colt considered what he had actually said. There he went again, running his mouth in front of girls without really thinking. Saying whatever it was he was thinking without taking a moment to consider if it was a bad idea… Apparently, not even death can fix some bad habits.

But as oblivious as he was to what he should or shouldn’t say with the fairer sex, he wasn’t oblivious to the wink Sakura gave to Lucille.

“I’ll work on that.”

Having stuck his hands into the jaws of the beast and pulled them out with all fingers still attached, Colt took a celebratory bite. Maybe it was time to stop playing with fire. Play it cool.

"... But yes, looking at you, I think a maid's uniform would suit you. Want to give it a go later? I have few with me~"

But as soon as he put the fire down, another lit up inside him.

Maid uniforms? French style maids? Like, the kinds in those fetishy mags? While taking a sip of his milk, Colt glanced around the table with shifty eyes. But with his mind’s eye he pictured each girl dressed up as a French maid.

If his mouth wasn’t occupied, a rather perverse smile might have found its way onto his face.

Milk, a blessing unto man.

Lost in his fantasies, Colt tuned out another round of Lucille teasing. He heard something about an old album, but his head was elsewhere. Or it was, until a hand found its way onto it. Fingers ran through his hair, causing him to look up from his meal, and away from the scene playing out in his head where he was the master of the household, being served by frilly maids who waited on him hand and foot.

"Now now, I'm sure you've got plenty of mysteries and interesting stories in your past~! Sounds like everybody here does, and even if you don't, a 'bit plain' never hurt anyone. Especially if everyone's somehow interesting and special, it makes you unique among that group!"

He wasn’t quite sure about the feeling. Last week, the week that hadn’t come to pass, Pyry had done the same to him. Planted a hand on his head and tossed his hair about. Colt had pushed it aside out of pride, but somehow, receiving that kind of treatment from a girl… didn’t hurt his pride at all.

“Sticking out by not sticking out? I guess that’s not a bad way to look at it.” It seemed that finally, some reasonable thoughts were going on in that head of his again. “I think I’ll go with that. Beats how things went last week… err, ignore that last part.”

Blog Entries
    Vier Wolff

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Montjoy
    "Well. That's a very methodical way to go about it. Not bad in any means. But as you said. Time consuming. Though... I suppose we have time. All the time we need. We're supposed to be here for a year, no? Would give us all something to do in the off time. Maybe make it a school project. Might make the teachers see us in more favorable light, even."
    As I was worried, it only made Caleb Montjoy more interested in researching the local legends and history. However, he wouldn’t have the opportunity to finish that research if Sunday still happens as I know it. Also it can be advantageous for me, if he investigates the area a little bit since that’ll enable me to look into other things.

On the other hand, Aleen wasn’t pleased with how I handled it. I did my best to dissuade him without coming out as suspicious as you did.

"W-what the heck, Vier! He doesn't need to know all about this mumbo jumbo! The last thing we want is for him to start thinking this town's weird or something. I mean, he might even just pack his bags and leave..."
    While Caleb was distracted, I whispered back.

“Think of it as an opportunity to spend more with him. If anything it’ll cause him to stay as he gets more and more interested in the town.”

As well as interfere with the information on the spot… If you’re that desperate about hiding whatever information you know Aleen. Also remember I’m trying to cover for you after your horrible attempts to hide it.

"A-anyways, totes more importantly - you guys hear about the beach party planned for today yet? Sounds like it'd be loads of fun, am I right?"
    “Yeah I heard about it from Inacio. Apparently there’s going to be food, a band and even fireworks. Well I say there’s going to be a band but we still need a keyboardist and a drummer still. Should be tons of fun though.”

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ---

Alexstrasza Lockhart

Date: 07.09.1994.

Phase:
    Morning Phase
    ---

Despair. Yes, despair is truly the only way to describe my current feelings. In essence I am a person wrapped in the shroud of despair and misery is my close companion. These events are not things that I can ignore, but nor do I wish to acknowledge them.

"Alliance?"
    "A-ah... I believe I will be perfectly alright if everyone calls me Little Z," My mouth lied to the table. "I-I have no internal feelings one way or the other. It is not as if it is a reminder of when I was growing up. It will certainly not negatively effect me in any way."

A pause.

"...Although, I would prefer if nobody ever mentioned it again. Even briefly, as a jest."

Quote Originally Posted by Cesarina
    "Speaking of which, while Zaza is certainly a beautiful nickname of its own, maybe you'd allow me to call you Lil' Z too? Why, it almost sounds like one of those hip hop singers, does it not? Very cool!"
    "While it may be cool, Cesarina, just imagine this! What if you were often called an embarrassing nickname when you were younger and then everyone found out? I suspect that you would also rather prefer not to be called it, no?" I explained to the girl, fiddling with the package she had deposited on my lap. "E-even if it's a gesture of affection, it's still embarrassing..."

Everyone around me is discussing my mail. I simply wish to see what is inside of it.

"If everyone is so interested in what has been delivered to me, then there is a simple solution!" I said, raising a finger in the air with a smile. "I... will open it!"

I started to peel back the paper, only to reveal a mysterious black box inside of it, one with spinning wheels and some kind of tape like contraption that I peered at suspiciously as I placed it on the table. It was labeled, and written on it, in black marker was a phrase.

In-depth look at what I did to your little friend last Sunday.

My smile died. This is no longer funny. It's no longer a good jest, a simple prank, or anything that mere words can describe.

I'll kill them.

Whoever it is, I'll kill them.

There's no hesitation in my movement as I move the tape back into the bag, my face blank of any emotion at all. It's a farce, isn't it? This. Being polite. Being kind. Being human. It's a farce, and it'll all come falling down at the soonest opportunity.

"One of you will have to tell me how to watch it," I said with a posed look. "But I don't suspect that this is the kind of viewing material that even I will appreciate."

Is it a threat?

Who is it? Who is it? Who is it?

Who dares? Who has the sheer audacity, to throw my mistakes in my face in such a way? I'll tear them to shreds. I'll use their skin as a cloth to clean their blood from the walls. The arrogance, the sheer, unrivaled arrogance that is on display to send such a thing to me. How dare they? Who are they?

If what is on this video shows something that happened to Cesarina after I died--

I'll burn the sender to ashes and stain their existence black.

It is not a jest, a joke, or a prank. It is not cruel, unkind, or villainous. It is simply factual. If I must rend their soul from the real world in order to keep Cesarina safe, is that so bad? Is that so bad?

"Now! Please! Come! Sit down if you have your food, if you do not, please go and acquire it! Make merriment at this table, so as to distract us from all the things that are bad in life! Is it not right for us to celebrate? Is it not fair for us to feel joy? We have traveled many miles to reach this place, and we have time a plenty ahead of us to meet!"

I smiled at the group arrayed around mine and Subaru's table, spinning a fork idly in my hand.

"So please - let Subaru and myself no longer be such ungracious hosts. Come, join us, and we may discuss the events of both yesterday as well as today! Perhaps someone else has received mail like mine?"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklêun
    “The trick is to think that you don't have any bones and then—”
    “Please do not apply your unreasonable standards to me…”

John’s voice does not reach her. Her attention is already on two distant figures, one of them the all-too-recognizable man called Pyry Leijonamieli. The other, as Ubon herself states, is Hisa Momoi. This is a pair John glimpsed together several times in the previous loop, but for it to happen again so early in the next one, could it be that…?

What happens after that is not something outside John’s understanding. He is detached, not ignorant. Furthermore, he has been a high school student for years, and he is well aware of the confusing ways of teenage hormones and school romances. He even partook of such things at one point, in his experiments to assess whether he could connect with other boys and girls through romance, love, or sex. Long story short, yes, he knows exactly what is happening in this scene.

This is too fundamentally Ubon. Eager for attention, eager for validation, eager for acknowledgement, for acceptance, for friendship, and of course, for romance and affection. Very normal things any young person would want. In the case of Ubon, however, failure to get any of those things probably hits her especially hard. She seems a girl of extremes.

However, John Dove cannot help Ubon deal with the aftermath of her youthful fancies. He does not carry such emotions in his heart. Even his longing for Her is something too different from the desire a man holds for a woman; something closer to the experienced described as “religious ecstasy”.

Any attempt at offering empty platitudes ends before it can even begin, for Ubon has her own means to handle her moment of heartbreak. But, is that really okay? John is the one who grinds the unwanted things into sediment not worth regarding. Can Ubon really claim to be able to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubon Sĕeklêun
    “Looks like we've gotten audience, Johnnie! Guess we make for good entertainment to go with breakfast... though I think since you're funny to look at, you're the entertainment part here! For realsies~”
    “…I am funny to look at,” murmurs the boy, clearly unsure of how he is supposed to react to that. He decides not to in the end. It seems one of those battles a man simply cannot win. Therefore, when Ubon beings jumping and hollering to grab their attention, he has the presence of mind to bury his face in his hand. Seriously, girl, if you claim to understand what’s going on over there, why are you trying to get in their way? Put yourself in Momoi’s shoes, really.

John can only sigh and wave a hand in distant greeting at the other two, if only to show a modicum of manners.

“Please don’t push yourself, Ubon,” he murmurs nonetheless, all the while wondering if he really wanted her to hear such words from the likes of him.

And this is when Hisa chooses to join them, because of course she would do exactly the opposite of what John expects her to do.

“Ah, yes, good morning,” he responds to Momoi’s greeting. “I can never hope to match our friend Pyry here, but I’d like at least some degree of fitness.”

While Momoi makes her admittedly convenient offer to share her food, John regards her and her neutral expression. She does not have much of an opinion of him, nor reason to have one in the first place. That is why John can use the most straightforward plan on her. After all, if it fails, they will just regard him as some weirdo, which would be in no way unusual. However, if it succeeds…

“That would be much appreciated,” John says to accept the offer of breakfast. “By the way, I believe I owe you two an apology. I didn’t make it to the sheriff’s in the end.”

He then makes a point of bringing a finger to his lips and shooting a glance at Ubon, in the vague hopes of preventing Momoi from expanding on the topic in the presence of the hyperactive girl.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Somehow, at least, my enemies have decided to be merciful. I'll be let off with just a slap on the wrist and the loss of a few excess articles of clothing. That's not too bad, right?

Well, no. Because there's more at this table to deal with than just a pair of warmongers.

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru
    "Indeed, you are not akin to daruma in the slightest. If anything, you resemble a proud Akita in the way you remain strong despite your size!"
    "An Akita, huh... alright, I'll take that! That means I can join Tonkori's pack, right?"

The thought is somewhat comforting, even if it's just a silly joke.

"Ah, and, um, speaking of which... you seem to know your combat vehicles, do you not? This might be a long shot, but have you ever driven an RC Model of one? I have one that does especially well on sand, so I was thinking that maybe, during the Beach Party, I could take it with..."
    "Oh, that? Well..." I lean in closer, matching Cesarina's tone even though there's really no reason to keep quiet. She's a bit of an odd girl, but... honest with her feelings. That must mean she's a good person! "It's mostly antiques, really... I got to hang around some frozen over World War 2 and Cold War era tanks that got left in the far North. Turns out there are a bunch of old weapons facilities that got abandoned up there. Maybe everyone involved thought they'd be too much of a pain to bring back. A lot of Russian ones for some reason... they might've been planning an invasion over or under the ice, or just testing cold-weather vehicles... either way, never got to drive one. Always wanted to, though! How about you bring that model of yours, and I'll bring my Pink Dragon? We can have a race!"

That reminds me, actually.

"And, um, Liana..."

Quote Originally Posted by Liana Skye
    "As for my previous statement, slamming tables is rude. However, your slam was also somewhat lacking in retrospect... Have you ever been interested in the martial arts? I could teach you a thing or two perhaps?"
    "Sorry, that's impossible. Not 'cus of that awful nickname. It's just no good. I asked a really strong guy I know to teach me, once, and he said it would be a waste of time even if I mastered it. So no cool flips and stuff until I get a bit taller."

Not for lack of trying. But that guy is just too stubborn. I really wanted to ascend to the Pinnacle, and I even had a good reason for it, but he refused every time no matter how much I begged! Why gatekeep like that!? It's not like the world will suddenly end if everyone knows Kung Fu! Bah, as expected of a human. It's not like I need to know martial arts anyway. It's probably way overrated.

"But anyway, Little Z- I mean, Strasza, that's a VHS tape. You have a player, right? Just slot it in... and hit start..."

I stop. Not because I forgot how to rewind a tape (that's be silly), but because...

That smile is gone. For just a moment, I see Alexstrazsa Lockhart's face, and it is suffused with what I can only describe as murderous intent.

Then she's all smiles again, leaving only a chilly memory.

Lockhart... I thought you were just another repressed human, but... don't tell me you've got something weird going on as well? Is everyone at this school some sort of special person?

"But, um, yeah, let's not pry too much! If it's from someone she knows, then it's probably really personal!"

The only thing I can do is join in and hard pivot away from the topic. Because whatever is on that tape, it can't be anything good.

"How about we talk about the town for a bit instead of digging into each other's pasts? Maybe what everyone thinks of Pinefall so far? Like, um, I hear Avery's pies are really good! Full of love, even! And, uh, while I was doing a circle around town yesterday evening, I heart this really ~mysterious~ harmonica being played from atop the lighthouse. Seems like it's full of interesting things!"

School Girl C

"Mm, it certainly is befitting of her looks and cuteness! I agree with Knightess and Nondescript Classmate here!"
    "N-nondescript!?" stammered School Girl C as her shoulders slumped and a great cloud of despair gathered around her.

First Xylia, and now you?

The barbed words had pierced even her formidable defences and lodged themselves in her heart. School Girl C glanced pleadingly at Tonkori, hoping that even she didn't think of her as utterly unmemorable.

"While it may be cool, Cesarina, just imagine this! What if you were often called an embarrassing nickname when you were younger and then everyone found out? I suspect that you would also rather prefer not to be called it, no? E-even if it's a gesture of affection, it's still embarrassing..."
    "Plus Alexstrasza is a cool name. Sounds like you should be the heroine in a fantasy novel..." muttered School Girl C glumly.

It wasn't hard to imagine the cover of such a novel. Alexstrasza, standing proudly on the front of the book, flanked by a huge dragon for no apparent reason. While Elise? She'd be on the back cover, mostly obscured by the bar code.

Alexstrasza raised her finger and announced her intention to open her mysterious package. The promise of the revelation of the contents of the mysterious package served to snap School Girl C out of her funk-

Elise Pelltier

-and Elise pulled herself back up, straightened her back, and watched intently as Alexstrasza opened the package, revealing its contents! She watched excitedly as Alexstrasza placed the item on the table, revealing the mysterious package's contents to be... a video tape?

'In-depth look at what I did to your little friend last Sunday.'? read Elise as she inspected the video tape's label.

She froze in horror as she stared at the impossible object sitting on the table. It shouldn't exist. It shouldn't be able to exist. This was Wednesday. Last Sunday hadn't happened yet. Things that had happened hadn't happened yet. She could feel that in her soul. An expression she desperately wished was far less literal than it was. There was no way for this to be here. Not something with the contents that it suggested it contained.

Maybe this is a prank, a misunderstanding somehow? J-just a coincidence?

She looked over to Vivienne, and sent a distressed glance in her direction.

Vivienne remembers last week... but she wasn't at the school on Sunday. Does she know about Cesarina's murder? At the very least she never saw- saw that scene.

The image of Cesarina nailed to the tree forced itself back to the front of her mind. She couldn't look at Cesarina. She was afraid she'd see her smiling face, missing an eye and blissfully unaware that she was a desecrated corpse.

"One of you will have to tell me how to watch it, but I don't suspect that this is the kind of viewing material that even I will appreciate."
    "Y-yeah. I can talk to Jake if you want, Alexstrasza. As the janitor, I bet you he can rustle up a TV and VCR for you," offered Elise, "There's got to be a few floating around the school somewhere... and-and I can help you with the VCR if you need a hand."

I was wrong. This is a terrible table, and I've missed the last flight to the moon.

"How about we talk about the town for a bit instead of digging into each other's pasts? Maybe what everyone thinks of Pinefall so far? Like, um, I hear Avery's pies are really good! Full of love, even! And, uh, while I was doing a circle around town yesterday evening, I heart this really ~mysterious~ harmonica being played from atop the lighthouse. Seems like it's full of interesting things!"
    Desperate for another subject, Elise quickly jumped on the opportunity for a pivot provided by Prushka.

"Oh! Oh for sure! I've heard really good things about the pies at Avery's Diner! Her cherry pie is to- to-"

Don't say die. Don't say die. Don't say die.

"-too good to be real!"

Blog Entries
    Lucille Faraday

“Why in the world do you have a photo album…?” No, this is even worse than she feared. Sakura had somehow brought one of those to Pinefall in spite of how dumb the idea was. This was a breach of—of something, Lucille was fairly certain. The words are inescapable but she does not need the class of Pinefall to know what she was like when she was a kid. It is undoubtedly terrible, because everything you think you have forgotten to the tides of time will be suddenly dredged up in an overwhelming surge of crushing embarrassment.

And what’s even worse is the alternative! Lucille is observant enough to note the slight change in honorifics, and now she is trapped between following her hasty word or clamming up and letting Sakura continue to ramble about terrible, terrible things that should not see the light of day.

Lucille thinks about the options laid before her, and quietly chews on breakfast now that the ice cream has been unceremoniously defeated. She swallows. Her dignity is in shreds. Is there a meaning to keeping the tattered remnants?

She tries mouthing out the fatal words and—no, she can’t do it. It’s just too embarrassing. Even as a test, she can’t do it. It’s impossible. Completely, utterly, impossible. She has given Sakura false hope. Unforgiveable.

“I think I’ll go with that. Beats how things went last week… err, ignore that last part.”
    Last week…

Eventually, she will need to have this conversation with Colt. But what of the contents? As negligent as she has been, she has a clear opportunity to not break one of the Turnside’s most ironclad rules. Nothing she had experienced after Colt’s death can be easily explained. Explaining to Sakura, or even Elaine, would be much less heretical. That she can feel in her gut.

Still, what does she say? Is it worth lying about? Considering what happened to Mercedes last time, was it best to cut Colt out of the loop entirely? His death was as unfortunately mundane as it could be. Had he died due to some supernatural event, it would be much easier to convince herself he needed to know, at least to protect himself. If contact was unavoidable, then, in her opinion, it would be better to just tell him everything outright.

At the same time, he remembered the week that didn’t happen and Elizaveta. Was that deep enough?

Lucille furrows her brow and goes back to eating. She’ll make the decision when the time comes.

Hisa Momoi

“Well…”

John just casually hinting at the “past” like that left me perplexed for a moment, but then...I guess that statement means just about nothing for anyone who does not remember. Worst case it would just make them give weird looks to John.

“As you can see, it wasn’t really needed in the end, so that’s okay.” I said while gazing into John’s eyes with an unreadable expression.

More importantly...He remembers. And if he didn’t make it to the sheriff’s, that would mean that something happened to him on the way as well. Does that mean that he is somehow involved with the supernatural as well? Did he just run into some completely ordinary accident? But if he is just a normal human and he experienced this, then...he’d either be a lot more freaked out, or would likely have to be acquainted with the turnside.

On the other hand, considering how he doesn’t seem to want to tell Ubon about it, she probably doesn’t know. Was he with her when things went wrong? Does he know something about her that he wants to keep her safe from?

I wanted to know what he knew...to be able to talk with him about this time leap, and I wanted to assume that he felt the same.

But to achieve that, right here and right now, without revealing anything to Ubon - and to some degree, Pyry - I only had one way, one that would reveal my nature to John, and possibly freak him out.

Still...No risk, no reward - and to try to not meet the same fate again, I certainly couldn’t afford to take things so leisurely and safely as last time.

A prod.

I reach out, politely knocking on the door of John’s mind, at the same time turning my attention towards Ubon.

“By the way, Ubon, did you know?” I start in attempt to initiate some small talk, “There’s going to be a beach party later tonight. You look like someone who loves swimming, so I figured you’d be excited to hear.”

Ability Revealed!
    Mental Link
    Element: Soul

Processing the different signals that are responsible for a person’s thoughts, Hisa is capable of “reading” people’s minds with ease. How she “hears” is basically how everyone has their inner voices give form to their unfiltered, genuine thoughts in their minds - but exactly because of this nature of these thoughts, she learned how to filter them so as to not clog her own mind with unnecessary information. Similarly, she can induce these thoughts as well, making others hear her voice in their heads.

When used, Hisa "reaches out" towards the target's mind and attempts to form a connection. If the attempt fails, she gets a rough estimation of how strong the mind's opposition is. If the attempt is successful, she estabilishes the connection which can be used to listen to the target's thoughts and also to create "artificial thoughts" - in other words, be able to communicate with others by talking or create images and feelings in their minds.

The link needs the target's consent to be estabilished effortlessly. Otherwise, Hisa can try to create the link forcefully, in which case the target's INT protection is checked against a shattering score of 9.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prushka

Hm? Did I just hear that now? Elise mentioned something that stirred up a memory...

"...question the janitor of the school..."
    Oh.

Poke, poke.

"Hey, Elise. You talked to the janitor?"

Elaine Winters

I flapped a hand, "Oh, it's the hobo life regardless, employment didn't last long, and they were pretty happy to us go, but yeah, I guess I know how to do it well enough, I suppose. But, uh, I don't think I'd be very well-suited for that kind of stuff."

Now to draw some attention...

"I mean, frills don't do anything for me, yeah, a-and even if I know all the tricks and the business and what to say like," I schooled my face into an affectation of blissful subservience, "Welcome home, Master."

"It don't mean that I'm any good at it, so there's no need to go gussying me up like that, nope."

I allowed myself to twitch towards Colt, currently taking a suspiciously long swallow of his milk, but I could see the crinkling of his eyes, "You agree, right? Stockings and frills and such, wouldn't do anything for me, I mean," I extended a toned leg out into the air, waving it about descriptively, and deliberately showing it off, "I've got no delicacy, manners bounce right off, even if I look killer in heels!"

Now that I've set the bait, time to rile the beast, clearing my throat a bit, then smiling.

"But, Sakura, you seem like you're a pretty hard worker, putting others up on pedestals and teasing them like that, hair ruffling and all," I let my eyes soften, "You have to remember to take good care of yourself as well, doing your best so much for so many people, it has to be hard, but, you know, you're doing your best, and there's nothing better than seeing a person so earnestly help people."

Praise and acknowledgement of deeds, and now...

"It's honestly kind of cute."

Elise Pelltier

Elise felt a poke. Then a second. She looked over and spotted Prushka.

"Hey, Elise. You talked to the janitor?"
    "Jake? Yeah! I had a good chat with him-"

Tuesday? Yesterday? Yeah! That still happened unless Jake's been replaced by a different janitor and I haven't noticed yet.

"-the other day after we arrived at Pinefall. He's a pretty friendly, laid back guy. Apparently he was a student here at Pinefall while it was still a normal high school."

I still want to know more about that whole thing... What if what's happening now the same as whatever happened then?

"We talked a bunch about the town's history, and some of the local folklore, before he had to go back to work. I still need to talk to him again though. I've got a few more questions for him about the school, and I forgot to ask him for a key to the bikes in the bike rack. Why do you ask?"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalraxal View Post
    "We talked a bunch about the town's history, and some of the local folklore, before he had to go back to work. I still need to talk to him again though. I've got a few more questions for him about the school, and I forgot to ask him for a key to the bikes in the bike rack. Why do you ask?"
    "Janitor's job is to clean up, right? That means they know where all the dirt is."

Sip.

Ah, this is some good chocolate milk.