Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic of Remnant Manga

I, for my part, happy enough that there is a translation of Shimosa, whatever quality it may be. Yes, it could be better and it was actually hard the first chapters, but at least I got the gist of it. How many manga I have lost because non-existent translation.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    I, for my part, happy enough that there is a translation of Shimosa, whatever quality it may be. Yes, it could be better and it was actually hard the first chapters, but at least I got the gist of it. How many manga I have lost because non-existent translation.
    This isn't it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Chapter 26 and 27:
    26: **************dex.org/chapter/1086923
    27: **************dex.org/chapter/1118365

- - - Updated - - -

Woah, it's been a month since I've lurked in this forum. But to be honest, I agree with ballinamon because I'm happy enough that there's translated chapters rather than just having no chapters released. I really can't say about his translations, but if it is an actual problem then I would suggest that he receive some help from you guys. It's always nice to give feedback when needed, it could even be a learning experience for him. It could even make the translations a bit better.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinoKMX720 View Post
    Chapter 26 and 27:
    26: **************dex.org/chapter/1086923
    27: **************dex.org/chapter/1118365

- - - Updated - - -

Woah, it's been a month since I've lurked in this forum. But to be honest, I agree with ballinamon because I'm happy enough that there's translated chapters rather than just having no chapters released. I really can't say about his translations, but if it is an actual problem then I would suggest that he receive some help from you guys. It's always nice to give feedback when needed, it could even be a learning experience for him. It could even make the translations a bit better.
    Chiyome is having a remarkably bad time, I don't remember feeling even half this bad for her when I played the chapter

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    I will never understand this mindset. Would you be happy with literal fanfiction as well? If all you desire is a very basic understanding of the work that may include incomprehensible gibberish at times, Google Translate has an app for that. It's better for something to never be translated at all than have it forever marred by subpar quality.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Chiyome is having a remarkably bad time, I don't remember feeling even half this bad for her when I played the chapter
    This manga has enhanced Shimousa every step of the way but this arc is definitely a highlight.

It's honestly one of my favorite manga being published just because of the art alone, I adore this person's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    I will never understand this mindset. Would you be happy with literal fanfiction as well? If all you desire is a very basic understanding of the work that may include incomprehensible gibberish at times, Google Translate has an app for that. It's better for something to never be translated at all than have it forever marred by subpar quality.
    I'd say that's ultimately up to the person. Google translate often doesn't pick up a lot of words so I find it unreliable to use (and tedious) so I appreciate it to a certain degree. That as well as it being a free product (unlike the disaster that is Askys and their otome game localisations) means I'll hold it at a lower standard.

That being said, I still find it annoying constantly running into typos and full on impossible to understand sentences

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    This manga has enhanced Shimousa every step of the way but this arc is definitely a highlight.

It's honestly one of my favorite manga being published just because of the art alone, I adore this person's work.
    Yeah, it doesn't take as much liberties as the CCC manga, but by God, everything about the mangaka was made for this work. I'll definitely be following them even after this concludes, it would be nice if they still dabble in typemoon works after

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've read two of their one-shots but they're way more generic in artstyle and paneling. They've really improved and changed their style to fit Shimousa.

I fucking love the Yokai Watch aproach that the Shimosa manga have, that of the best man for the job. Also, Flint the Time Detective. Someone remember that anime? It was mad good. Why can other FGO adaptations be like this. I don't think it would alter the story in some significant way?

Shinjuku vol 2 cover, release date the 26th this month

The adaptation of this arc of the Shimosa chapter was great, the art really helped to sell Chiyome's pain and suffering in a way that really made me feel for her and the scene with her husband at the end was cute. Looking forward to how they adapt Shuten + Raikou, they were my favourite part in the game

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The best thing coming out of Fate right now is an adaptation of a FGO chapter. Crazy stuff.

Shimosa:
    Chapter 30: **************dex.org/chapter/1237431
    Chapter 31: **************dex.org/chapter/1238450

WE'RE GETTING THE RAIKOU AND SHUTEN WOOOOOOOOOOO

Can't wait for the best scene in the whole chapter to be illustrated

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This artist successfully managed to portray Raikou and as a legitimate terrifying and powerful threat without even attempting to hide her comically bizarre tits. I'm impressed.

US Friend Code
    Shimousa's getting an official English release. Digital only. https://www.amazon.com/Grand-Order-E...dp/B097NTGL8C/

Hoooooooooh? It's a pity it's not physical, I'd have bought it

- - - Updated - - -

Though the official scans gives me option of rereading the worse translated early chapters

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Nice to see it'll get a competently done release (at least hopefully). Hopefully it sells well enough for more localization in the future.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    How come this thread is about 5 different manga series? Shouldn't we have a separate thread for each one instead of mashing them all together.