Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122 LastLast

Thread: Epic of Remnant Manga

They barely get discussed at all as is. This thread is for all of them and still only has 20 pages, because pretty sure most of them aren't even being translated in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    I still feel it should be separated. If I want to discuss a certain manga i have shift through 4 other conversations.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It's better to have one dead thread than four dead threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    I still feel it should be separated. If I want to discuss a certain manga i have shift through 4 other conversations.
    I'd agree with you, if there was even one conversation going on at a time in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar

Lip looks bigger than even her true size at times here lol.

Translation efforts for some of these seem to have picked up recently. Interested in the SE.RA.PH manga perhaps suggesting that the oil rig 'supermassive mystic code' experiments were a precursor/requirement for CHALDEAS, and started long before the Fuyuki Grail War. The dialogue, unless translated incorrectly, suggests the research was completed by 1995? 'Oil rig founded for the experiment in 1990' -> "research completed in 5 years."

But then, surely they didn't amass Master candidates until after Marisbury had funding for Chaldea through the Grail War? Even the mention of a B team runs counter to the idea that the experiment was completed by 1995, as the A team weren't recruited all that early.

Side note: sad to see the mangaka for Shimousa has had severe enough haemorrhoids to need surgery. Hope things get better for them.
    Last edited by Sath; September 9th, 2022 at 02:08 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    CHALDEAS was completed sometime in the 1990s according to Lostroom mats. There it names that it was completed in a place which is boxed out but which fits セラフィックス (Seraphix) perfectly.

US Friend Code
    The Animuspheres having all these projects that precede Marisbury winning the Grail War makes me wonder what happened to them all in the FSN world. Like Mash was born in 2000, Chaldeas was created in the 90s, I think Laplace is even older.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Marisbury didn't get obscene amounts of cash, so he couldn't afford the electricity necessary to turn Chaldeas on. The globe is most likely still there fully mounted, he needs to find a way to boot it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    CHALDEAS was completed sometime in the 1990s according to Lostroom mats. There it names that it was completed in a place which is boxed out but which fits セラフィックス (Seraphix) perfectly.
    Thanks for the FYI. I'd forgotten Lostroom mats even had dates, and only really remembered the CHALDEAS device workings/info being akin to a black box.

---

"Master candidate" sacrifices before any holy grail wars take place in this continuity? Sounds like he already nailed down the theory for his summoning system & Rayshifting long before the Fuyuki Grail War then. Seems extremely before the cart to have Master Candidates for a project that hasn't even reached its first stage yet, but I suppose he had his oil rig/nuclear plant and Animusphere wealth.

If they completed the research in 1995 it begs the question why it was still running and receiving sacrifices for the next 22 years. Presumably it's not essential to the continued operation of CHALDEAS as it still runs after the SE.RA.PH incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The Animuspheres having all these projects that precede Marisbury winning the Grail War makes me wonder what happened to them all in the FSN world. Like Mash was born in 2000, Chaldeas was created in the 90s, I think Laplace is even older.
    Maybe he found out the grail was corrupted a good deal of time before the 5th war. He had 1994-2000 to come across that intel before investing in Mash, for instance. Presuming the intel didn't get out some other way? It was corrupted before 1994 but I'm not sure if anyone discovered that before Kiritsugu; Zouken maybe?
    Last edited by Sath; September 9th, 2022 at 03:57 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We know how Marisbury found out the FsN Grail was corrupted. He hired Heartless to investigate the how feasible the Holy Grail War ritual was, and got his report seemingly around October 2003. It's kinda pretty important to Case Files because Heartless got his idea for his villain plan from checking the Grail for MB.

RIP PHH F/SN Mash then I guess.

Haven't read Case Files yet (manga/anime only so far), so interesting to hear.

What happenned to Shimosa manga?
    It stopped being update on manga pocket app since May.
    Did the author has health problem or something?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Arienai View Post
    What happenned to Shimosa manga?
    It stopped being update on manga pocket app since May.
    Did the author has health problem or something?
    The thing goes in and out of haitus for months at a time

It just came back, the author had to take a break for surgery & recovery last year. They took a few months off, came back then had to announce the then undefined break+surgery. It seems to be in regular serialisation now.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    apparently Kodansha USA has lost the license of the FGO Shimosa manga, the manga has disappeared from the digital manga shopping site, and is no longer present on their official site

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfOphi View Post
    apparently Kodansha USA has lost the license of the FGO Shimosa manga, the manga has disappeared from the digital manga shopping site, and is no longer present on their official site
    WHAT????

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    RIP PHH F/SN Mash then I guess.

Haven't read Case Files yet (manga/anime only so far), so interesting to hear.
    To be fair, Mash shouldn't even be born if Chaldeas is never created... but considering we don't know how Marisbury even got the kids to do his Demi-Servant experiments to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by WolfOphi View Post
    You have got to be kidding me...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah, Mash was already 5 when Marisbury won his Grail War. She at the very least exists.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But Marisbury gives up earlier than that, doesn't he?
    If we take 1999 as the divergence, then she might actually not exist.