Thread: What does Mash think about being forced to fight for humanity?

What does Mash think about being forced to fight for humanity?

At the beginning Roman asks Guda if they want to fight to save humanity but never asks Mash the same thing.

Mash is a Demi-Servant designer baby created at Chaldea for the specific purpose of fighting for humanity. But I don't remember us ever learning what her thoughts are about her designated purpose.

Does she feel obligated to fight for humanity?

Does she approve of practices like the military draft in the outside world where people are forced to fight whether they like it or not?

Does she consider military service in times of war to be a moral obligation?

US Friend Code
    did you finish part 1?
    何処に行くの

did you finish part 1?
    Yes.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    I think comparing the Incineration of Humanity to a military conflict isn't a very good comparison.

I wonder what she would think about the Vietnam draft where the government's decisions for who will be chosen to fight and who won't were seen as unfair and discriminatory.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    OP you give me daybit cuckman vibes

I saw a post on the grand order reddit with the same exact subject matter, what is wrong with you guys? Did killing sprite comics lead you to other weird shit?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Unrelated gif of Mashu using a BEEG GUN
    burn your dread you coward

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gelious's Avatar
    From what I was able to understand from the game.

During Part 1 Mash slowly came to terms with it. She doesn't like or enjoy fighting itself, she thinks it's scary and painful and doesn't want to harm anybody, but she understood it was necessary to survive, protect humanity and see the future.

Durint Part 1.5, it was irrelevant, because she coudn't fight anyway. But since it was still all about Singularities, Mash was probably fine with it and eager to support MC from the backline.

And in Part 2 her character arc got rebooted so Mash went back to starting point and she's having doubts again. Because it's one thing when you have to fight by fixing your own stuff, and it's completely different thing when you have to fight by wrecking someone else's. But if that talk with Da Vinci in LB 7 is any indication, Mash is slowly getting there again and just might end up transforming into actual Heroic Spirit eventually.
    Last edited by Gelious; January 6th, 2024 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
    From what I was able to understand from the game.

During Part 1 Mash slowly came to terms with it. She doesn't like or enjoy fighting itself, she thinks it's scary and painful and doesn't want to harm anybody, but she understood it was necessary to survive, protect humanity and see the future.

Durint Part 1.5, it was irrelevant, because she coudn't fight anyway. But since it was still all about Singularities, Mash was probably fine with it and eager to support MC from the backline.

And in Part 2 her character arc got rebooted so Mash went back to starting point and she's having doubts again. Because it's one thing when you have to fight by fixing your own stuff, and it's completely different thing when you have to fight by wrecking someone else's. But if that talk with Da Vinci in LB 7 is any indication, Mash is slowly getting there again and just might end up transforming into actual Heroic Spirit eventually.
    What do you think would be her opinion on the military draft?

US Friend Code
    Last edited by TetsuoS2; January 7th, 2024 at 04:39 AM.
    何処に行くの