Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1217202122

Thread: Epic of Remnant Manga

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Yeah, that's inaccurate. Fujimaru's "equipment" wasn't altered to make up for his shyness with crossdressing, it was to add ladylike shyness. They're making him uncomfortable on purpose.
    I was hoping the translation wasn't accurate, but that really isn't what I had in mind. And they had better be talking about his voicebox.

Speaking of, Miwa just tweeted that they collab on the design for Fujimaru's crossdress

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    This is why Gudao is always chosen for adaptations, he makes a better girl than Gudako too.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    ......what?

- - - Updated - - -

There's.... literally only one other version of Gudako in non gag form and that's Shimosa. And she's very obviously not portrayed as a butch in that so what the hell are you talking about?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    SERAPH seems to be at Melt's Spinal Coaster or whatever's that called.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    You can sub in Shimosa Gudako with any dude and you can't tell a difference.
    This does not make her a fucking butch, it just means that there isn't a particular focus on her as a specifically female master. There's nothing inherently masculine about how she banters with her servants or how she tries to show determination against the stressful situations she encounters. I have no idea what you think typical "girl" writing entails.

Actually I have no idea what you think typical male writing entails either because what the fuck does that comment about all the Gudao's being sissies even mean???? One wore a dress because that's literally a plot point but the rest are just dudes trying their best and that makes them sissy to you why?
    Last edited by mami-kouga; December 27th, 2023 at 01:24 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What, they're only a girl if they're frail? Yikes

The official version of Gudako is cleatly the one Riyo created, even in official festivals like summer or winter. That's the version you'll see walking around and harrassing people or Mashu.

Edit: Now seriously, I like this version of Gudako quite a bit, her reactions were the best when interacting with Yagyuu in previous chapters.
    Last edited by Oz1337; December 27th, 2023 at 11:42 AM.

Shimousa Gudako's pretty cool from what I've read-the serious and comedic parts are great and don't clash badly with each other

Blog Entries
    That's because mangaka have no imagination and likes to make her a butch, just like how they like to make Gudao a sissy. Salem's adaption portrayed a frail but determined Gudako really well.
    You're either expressing yourself very poorly here, or just being sexist. Please improve, in either case.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    I think it just come out wrong. I will remove the comment and try to express myself better next time. Sorry to those offended by the comments.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    While you have removed the comments, I think I understand what you are trying to say from the reactions of everyone else:

You basically state that Female Ritsuka isn't primarily used because she doesn't act in a women-like fashion in any of her appearances vs. Male Ritsuka here in the Shinjuku Manga but... while I won't say that's sexist or anything, I feel it's a massive shortsightedness of the situation.

The only reason why Male Ritsuka is used more than Female Ritsuka is not due to Male Ritsuka "can act more of a woman than Female Ritsuka"(Because Shinjuku is a literal one time thing and surprise, Female Ritsuka doesn't like dressing like a bifauxen anymore than Male Ritsuka wants to crossdress), it's simply because for the purposes of trying to get readers to imagine themselves in the role of the character, it's primarily gonna be a Male character(As that's the primary audience they see FGO fans being). Or to put it another way:

JoJo may have a predominant female fanbase but it's still a Shonen Manga for boys.

Ultimately, I have 3-4 of the Shimousa Manga and 3 of the Orleans Manga and honestly, I connect alot more with Shimousa Ritsuka(And to a lesser extent her Salem version... I see people missed she stars in TWO official FGO Manga) because while they are ultimately the same character(duh), I have alot of issues with how Turas Realta/Mortallis Stella portrays the events around Ritsuka(Primarily Chaldea because in their attempts to try and follow some of the players issues with "Why don't they just summon X and win", it makes the function of Chaldea absolutely worthless and quite a few events literally cannot exist) and meanwhile, they make Male Ritsuka in those a little too... shall I say too melodramatic(Basically it feels like I'm looking at Babylonia Ritsuka and not that(FGO game) Babylonia but that Babylonia(Anime) in comparison to Shimousa-Salem Ritsuka that feels there's an actual personality in place and she actually acts closer in line to the Ritsuka in the games in terms of playing up what they talk them up as.

I personally dont get the hype of a crossdressed male ritsuka when you have the genuine thing already but could just be me. Whatever happened to male ritsuka is a genderbend rin

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    I just take it that there is alot of people who are either in the LGBT community... or people seriously have a massive thing for traps.
    Reddit was going abuzz for Crossdressing Male Ritsuka and still does and I'm like it does reaffirm how many people just stick with Male Ritsuka over Female Ritsuka overall... that or they are more enamored with the potential "opposite" of the Merlin meme going on.

The only reason why Male Ritsuka is used more than Female Ritsuka is not due to Male Ritsuka "can act more of a woman than Female Ritsuka"(Because Shinjuku is a literal one time thing and surprise, Female Ritsuka doesn't like dressing like a bifauxen anymore than Male Ritsuka wants to crossdress), it's simply because for the purposes of trying to get readers to imagine themselves in the role of the character, it's primarily gonna be a Male character(As that's the primary audience they see FGO fans being). Or to put it another way
    sideyes joseimuke adaptations that either use the male avatar or outright remove the protagonist yeah. Not really impressed on that front. If you want to favour one part of your audience then why bother in the first place?

And to a lesser extent her Salem version... I see people missed she stars in TWO official FGO Manga
    The state of its translation does not help it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    I just take it that there is alot of people who are either in the LGBT community... or people seriously have a massive thing for traps.
    Reddit was going abuzz for Crossdressing Male Ritsuka and still does and I'm like it does reaffirm how many people just stick with Male Ritsuka over Female Ritsuka overall... that or they are more enamored with the potential "opposite" of the Merlin meme going on.
    I don't think it's quite that deep.