Page 128 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2878118123126127128129130133138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Random question related to something new that I've not tried before which I may or may not experiment with in the future:

• How many people reading this have a display refresh rate greater than 60Hz?

Same question to Quibi and Alyinghood as well - are either of you running 60+Hz refresh rates?

(fun fact for people that know how to make custom resolutions, just because your display is 60Hz by default doesn't mean it isn't capable of more - my low-end HP DM1 laptop with a supposedly 60Hz screen can handle up to 100Hz via a custom resolution with manually-tuned timings, and my desktop LCD that's 60Hz by default can similarly handle 75Hz via a custom resolution with default CVT timings; I also have several CRTs capable of like 130+Hz but that's besides the point...)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Tfking View Post
    Do you have any future plans to release a english patch or a modded apk for the official android port? (The one that can be downloaded from the JP play store)
    You can use Kirikiroid2 with this patch. Ask in AndroidVisualNovels discord.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Same question to Quibi and Alyinghood as well - are either of you running 60+Hz refresh rates?
    I mainly use 60Hz for pancake mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    You can use Kirikiroid2 with this patch. Ask in AndroidVisualNovels discord.
    I am aware of this- but im still curious wether you plan to create a patch for the official port or not

Quote Originally Posted by Tfking View Post
    I am aware of this- but im still curious wether you plan to create a patch for the official port or not
    The official port has less features than this port.

Random question related to something new that I've not tried before which I may or may not experiment with in the future:

(fun fact for people that know how to make custom resolutions, just because your display is 60Hz by default doesn't mean it isn't capable of more - my low-end HP DM1 laptop with a supposedly 60Hz screen can handle up to 100Hz via a custom resolution with manually-tuned timings, and my desktop LCD that's 60Hz by default can similarly handle 75Hz via a custom resolution with default CVT timings; I also have several CRTs capable of like 130+Hz but that's besides the point...)
    one of my displays does 75.

por que

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theAeon View Post
    por que
    I'd rather not answer that until I can be certain that my idea actually works, let alone if the results are good or not.

In other words, no point in giving people ideas and/or hope for something that is still in the hypothesis stage - this is unlike the waifu2x'd_600p_chroma+960p_luma which, while not implemented, is something we've already confirmed to actually work and provide a benefit (albeit a relatively minor one).

- - - Updated - - -

Heck, I'm not even sure if I currently have the tools necessary for thing that I'm hypothesizing, hence why I really need to actually do some tests first.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

The Demon King Of Time thegoldenboy2188's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    So I'm new here and I decided to download this game a month ago from this site and only now started playing it, but every time I start I seem to skip the day 1 prologue with Rin instead skip to Shirou's fire flashback. I deleted all the save files because I thought that may have been messing something up but no, the game just skips the prologue.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenboy2188 View Post
    So I'm new here and I decided to download this game a month ago from this site and only now started playing it, but every time I start I seem to skip the day 1 prologue with Rin instead skip to Shirou's fire flashback. I deleted all the save files because I thought that may have been messing something up but no, the game just skips the prologue.

Is there any way I can fix this?
    On the title menu, go to Extra->Prologue

The Demon King Of Time thegoldenboy2188's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    On the title menu, go to Extra->Prologue
    Thank you!

I'm having an issue with the Vita port. I've copied the required xp3 files into the correct directory, but when I attempt to run it from the LiveArea, it redirects me to the forum. Is there anything I may be missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I'm having an issue with the Vita port. I've copied the required xp3 files into the correct directory, but when I attempt to run it from the LiveArea, it redirects me to the forum. Is there anything I may be missing?

Connect your Vita to USB using Vitashell, with ux0: as the mount point.
    Open a Windows Explorer window to the folder containing the folder "fsnrnue", then move your mouse cursor to an empty space with no icons.

While holding down the Shift key, open the contextual menu by right-clicking, pressing Shift-F10, or pressing the Menu key.
    Click on "Open command window here". (On some configurations of Windows, this may show "Open PowerShell window here" instead.)

Type in "tree /f fsnrnue | clip" and press enter.

Open pastebin.com in your web browser.

Paste the contents into the box by either of the following methods:
    Open the contextual menu by right-clicking, pressing Shift-F10 on your keyboard, or pressing the Menu key on your keyboard.
    Click "Paste".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-V on your keyboard.

Scroll down and click "Create new paste".

Click on the URL bar, then highlight the link by either of the following methods:
    Open the contextual menu by right-clicking, pressing Shift-F10 on your keyboard, or pressing the Menu key on your keyboard.
    Click "Select All".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-A on your keyboard.

Copy the highlighted URL into the clipboard by either of the following methods:
    Click "Copy".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-C on your keyboard.

Go to this forum thread, and scroll down until you see a section called "Quick Reply".
    Click on the box that is below that section.
    Paste the clipboard contents by either of the following methods:
    Click "Paste".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-V on your keyboard.
    Click on "Post Quick Reply".

Here is what it gives me: https://pastebin.com/cFNHuQTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Uhh, something seems wrong with the negative image effect. I don't think the greenish stuff in the armor is supposed to be there. Screenshots are from prologue day 3.
    hoge
    This has been fixed a while back.

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

This has been fixed a while back.

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow
    Thanks! I thought I was up to date with the mega folder, but my patch.xp3 was old. The new one solved a hole bunch of issues all at once. The only thing I have found with the present version yet is this barely noticable glitch during the animation of Saegusa in Prologue Day 1:

The ks file of this part goes like:

Code:
    @image4demo storage=由紀香01c(中) page=fore visible=true layer=1 left=200 top=71 opacity=0
    @move spline=false layer=1 time=500 path=(270,71,150)(255,81,255) accel=-2
    @wm canskip=false    // Waiting for the end of automatic movement 
    @waitT canskip=false time=200
    @move spline=false layer=1 time=300 path=(265,72,255)(275,81,255)(285,72,255)(290,81,255)(287,71,255) accel=-4
    @wm canskip=false
    @waitT canskip=false time=100
    @ldallT c=由紀香01a(中) ic=3000 method=crossfade time=200
    @texton
    The screenshot is from the final position of the second move (287,71,255).

For the next screenshot I edited the foreground image 由紀香01c(中) to a black box with red single pixel demarcations to check coordinates and size. It then looks like this in game:

So the image gets placed by the game engine at a position of 444/113 with a size of 332x846 pixels.
    Of course, 113+846 = 959, so one pixel too short. But why, exactly does it end up like this?

Assumption: y-Position = 71*1.6 = 113.6
    It seems to floor that to 113, so that's how we and up with that value.
    If it actually rounded the value, it would give 114 and not produce the glitch. (114+846=960)

But wait, there's more! It actually wouldn't need to glitch anyway: The HD WebP has a size of 334x848. So it should end up as 113+848=961. If no resampling were done to the foreground image, that is.
    But it does resample. Why and how, I have no clue (the display commands don't take any size parameters), but it resamples the image to 332x846, making it too short to prevent the glitch this way.
    (You can actually see the resampling artifacts if you zoom in on the black box. In the WebP, the red lines are one pixel wide 255,0,0 red. In the ingame screenshot, though, they have been smeared a little by downsampling).

Why does it resample the WebP to 332x846? Possibly it's using the size of the original PNG file (208x529) as a guide.
    Floor(208*1.6) = 332
    Floor(529*1.6) = 846
    Would fit the hypothesis. But why does it resample at all? Just to make sure that the HD artwork is really the size it's supposed to be? In this case, it does backfire, and leaving the HD image at the original size would have prevented the glitch.

There's more! On to the third weirdness which is the x-coordinates. The ks file specified (287,71,255) as the last position of the second move command .
    So converting the value from low to high res would give
    floor(287*1.6)=459
    But the observed x-position in game is actually 444.
    I'm pretty sure that the 444 value is a bug, though. Why, you say? Well the line
    Code:
    actually causes the foreground image to move to 460/114:

In the original Realta Nua and when running Ultimate in low quality mode, this jump to the right does NOT happen. Saegusa stays in place while only her expression changes. Maybe something's screwy in the position calculation during HD mode. More likely, @image4demo somehow produces a wrong starting position while the actual move commands are fine. No idea.

I find all this rather fascinating, so I spent a lot more time on what is a very minor glitch that's only visible for half a second than maybe I should have. But I guess there's a non-zero chance that bugs causing this one glith, might affect placement/sizing in other scenes as well. @image4demo, if that's the culprit, is rarely used, though. I haven't tried yet what would happen if I replaced @image4demo with @image. No clue what the difference between both commands is.

If somebody has some idea what's going on there under the hood, I'd be delighted.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 6th, 2021 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typo

I am running at 144Hz

Blog Entries
    Thanks! I thought I was up to date with the mega folder, but my patch.xp3 was old. The new one solved a hole bunch of issues all at once. The only thing I have found with the present version yet is this barely noticable glitch during the animation of Saegusa in Prologue Day 1:

The ks file of this part goes like:

Code:
    @image4demo storage=由紀香01c(中) page=fore visible=true layer=1 left=200 top=71 opacity=0
    @move spline=false layer=1 time=500 path=(270,71,150)(255,81,255) accel=-2
    @wm canskip=false    // Waiting for the end of automatic movement 
    @waitT canskip=false time=200
    @move spline=false layer=1 time=300 path=(265,72,255)(275,81,255)(285,72,255)(290,81,255)(287,71,255) accel=-4
    @wm canskip=false
    @waitT canskip=false time=100
    @texton
    The screenshot is from the final position of the second move (287,71,255).

For the next screenshot I edited the foreground image 由紀香01c(中) to a black box with red single pixel demarcations to check coordinates and size. It then looks like this in game:

So the image gets placed by the game engine at a position of 444/113 with a size of 332x846 pixels.
    Of course, 113+846 = 959, so one pixel too short. But why, exactly does it end up like this?

Assumption: y-Position = 71*1.6 = 113.6
    It seems to floor that to 113, so that's how we and up with that value.
    If it actually rounded the value, it would give 114 and not produce the glitch. (114+846=960)

But wait, there's more! It actually wouldn't need to glitch anyway: The HD WebP has a size of 334x848. So it should end up as 113+848=961. If no resampling were done to the foreground image, that is.
    But it does resample. Why and how, I have no clue (the display commands don't take any size parameters), but it resamples the image to 332x846, making it too short to prevent the glitch this way.
    (You can actually see the resampling artifacts if you zoom in on the black box. In the WebP, the red lines are one pixel wide 255,0,0 red. In the ingame screenshot, though, they have been smeared a little by downsampling).

Why does it resample the WebP to 332x846? Possibly it's using the size of the original PNG file (208x529) as a guide.
    Floor(208*1.6) = 332
    Floor(529*1.6) = 846
    Would fit the hypothesis. But why does it resample at all? Just to make sure that the HD artwork is really the size it's supposed to be? In this case, it does backfire, and leaving the HD image at the original size would have prevented the glitch.

There's more! On to the third weirdness which is the x-coordinates. The ks file specified (287,71,255) as the last position of the second move command .
    So converting the value from low to high res would give .
    But the observed x-position in game is actually 444.
    I'm pretty sure that the 444 value is a bug, though. Why, you say? Well the line
    Code:
    actually causes the foreground image to move to 460/114:

In the original Realta Nua and when running Ultimate in low quality mode, this jump to the right does NOT happen. Saegusa stays in place while only her expression changes. Maybe something's screwy in the position calculation during HD mode. More likely, @image4demo somehow produces a wrong starting position while the actual move commands are fine. No idea.

I find all this rather fascinating, so I spent a lot more time on what is a very minor glitch that's only visible for half a second than maybe I should have. But I guess there's a non-zero chance that bugs causing this one glith, might affect placement/sizing in other scenes as well. @image4demo, if that's the culprit, is rarely used, though. I haven't tried yet what would happen if I replaced @image4demo with @image. No clue what the difference between both commands is.

If somebody has some idea what's going on there under the hood, I'd be delighted.
    I must say I'm quite impressed with your analysis - it's spot on.

The resampling is somewhat of a legacy thing when we didn't have all the images in HD. It was meant to make sure everything is working properly. But removing it requires special care with the way it's implemented (not to mention some [well, at least one I noticed] HD images have extra transparent space even though the sprite itself is the same size).

The x-position is certainly a bug in the move position in HD. It will be fixed in the next version.
    If you're interested about the cause -
    There's a file called "correct.ksc" with a list of sprite horizontal position correction (because they were so lazy to actually edit the images).
    The sprite position in the "path" is actually the position without any correction, but it was applied by mistake when handling the correction in HD.

The off-by-one bug is also a bug. It's a bit more tricky to solve so I'd need more time (it's also present in the x coordinate after fixing the previous bug - at least it's consistent).
    I'll probably upload a new version once I solve this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    The resampling is somewhat of a legacy thing when we didn't have all the images in HD. It was meant to make sure everything is working properly. But removing it requires special care with the way it's implemented (not to mention some [well, at least one I noticed] HD images have extra transparent space even though the sprite itself is the same size).
    Also, there are some WebP images in the HD folders that are not 1.6x the size of the PNG originals.

Example:
    csセイバー炉心第三層06(01背景)
    Original PNG: 1400 x 600 pixels
    Size at 1.6x: 2240 x 960 pixles
    Actual WebP: 2046 x 877 pixels

There are a couple like this, stopping just short of 2048 pixels.
    At first I thought this was done to prevent the images from exceeding some engine limitation, but then I noticed that there are even some original PNGs like cs凛魔術刻印移植01(ボス) or c22(決戦)(大) that are far larger, so that can't be it. Maybe they just wanted to save on filesize for the mobile version.

Wouldn't the removal of the resampling step require reviewing all the HD assets to make sure they actually comply with the 1.6x size-ratio to prevent size/position errors?

Blog Entries
    Also, there are some WebP images in the HD folders that are not 1.6x the size of the PNG originals.

Example:
    csセイバー炉心第三層06(01背景)
    Original PNG: 1400 x 600 pixels
    Size at 1.6x: 2240 x 960 pixles
    Actual WebP: 2046 x 877 pixels

There are a couple like this, stopping just short of 2048 pixels.
    At first I thought this was done to prevent the images from exceeding some engine limitation, but then I noticed that there are even some original PNGs like cs凛魔術刻印移植01(ボス) or c22(決戦)(大) that are far larger, so that can't be it. Maybe they just wanted to save on filesize for the mobile version.

Wouldn't the removal of the resampling step require reviewing all the HD assets to make sure they actually comply with the 1.6x size-ratio to prevent size/position errors?
    The resampling is not the cause for these errors. I'm still investigating...

Hi I'm new to this, so please forgive me if I ask some really basic but stupid questions

So I followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m21D7OYHNkY to install the game (not counting the patching part). I then used the installer linked here to patch it as indicated. A mistake I made here is I did not take the slashes out of the file names when I was listing the directory locations for the files for the patches. I noticed this and once the installer had presumably patched the files, I removed the slashes from the file names. I then got this when trying to run the "FateSaber" app:

I deleted all the game files and extracted them from the .rar again, then once again installed per the instructions in the video (not counting the patching part). I then ran the installer again, which did not ask me for new director locations and said it "updated" the files. I then again attempted to run the app, and got the same error messages. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the installer to see if it would let me give new directory locations, to no avail.

I also tried to run as an admin, per the instructions, which resulted in the same result.

How do i fix this, what do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by thenewwwguy View Post
    Hi I'm new to this, so please forgive me if I ask some really basic but stupid questions

So I followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m21D7OYHNkY to install the game (not counting the patching part). I then used the installer linked here to patch it as indicated. A mistake I made here is I did not take the slashes out of the file names when I was listing the directory locations for the files for the patches. I noticed this and once the installer had presumably patched the files, I removed the slashes from the file names. I then got this when trying to run the "FateSaber" app: hoge

I deleted all the game files and extracted them from the .rar again, then once again installed per the instructions in the video (not counting the patching part). I then ran the installer again, which did not ask me for new director locations and said it "updated" the files. I then again attempted to run the app, and got the same error messages. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the installer to see if it would let me give new directory locations, to no avail.

I also tried to run as an admin, per the instructions, which resulted in the same result.

How do i fix this, what do I do?

You might just want to try starting over with a pre-patched portable version.

My post here can help you with that, in this case "Option B" or "Option C":
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...67#post3115467