Page 32 of 143 FirstFirst ... 22273031323334374282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Hi, new here. I too encountered the member kag issue but the thing is when I first installed Ultimate edition it worked just fine, so I played some then saved my progress closed the game and went to sleep, next morning I try to run the game and this error pop up and since then no matter what I do it still pops. I run the game as admin and I tried uninstalling multiple times but no luck. I´m using win 10 32bit btw.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Bloody nora the image host I used keeps forgetting to renew their security certificate - it's the second time now this year...

Luckily for me, I had the foresight to mirror the according images linked in the first post onto archive.org (which by definition should keep the images for pretty much ever, heck I even used them to mirror as many of the actual patches as possible), so Jack I don't suppose you could change all the imgoat links under Common errors and solutions to the following according links? (don't forget to do this on Reddit as well!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardat View Post
    Hi, new here. I too encountered the member kag issue but the thing is when I first installed Ultimate edition it worked just fine, so I played some then saved my progress closed the game and went to sleep, next morning I try to run the game and this error pop up and since then no matter what I do it still pops. I run the game as admin and I tried uninstalling multiple times but no luck. I´m using win 10 32bit btw.
    Just to confirm, you've tried deleting the according "config.ksc" located in the same folder as "Fate.exe", correct?
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Bloody nora the image host I used keeps forgetting to renew their security certificate - it's the second time now this year...

Luckily for me, I had the foresight to mirror the according images linked in the first post onto archive.org (which by definition should keep the images for pretty much ever, heck I even used them to mirror as many of the actual patches as possible), so Jack I don't suppose you could change all the imgoat links under Common errors and solutions to the following according links? (don't forget to do this on Reddit as well!)

- - - Updated - - -

Just to confirm, you've tried deleting the according "config.ksc" located in the same folder as "Fate.exe", correct?
    yes I did. Now it decided to run when I set my pc to jp but before it did not. So it's working now but I don't know how.
    Last edited by Ardat; June 3rd, 2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardat View Post
    yes I did. Now it decided to run when I set my pc to jp but before it did not. So it's working now but I don't know how.
    That sounds like a locale issue. Do you happen to have any screenshots of your error that you could post?
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    That sounds like a locale issue. Do you happen to have any screenshots of your error that you could post?
    I can take a screenshot if it happens again but it seems to be fixed for now. The error message was the same "member kag" error other people already reported on.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    so just for clarification, does classic mode contain the super hero translation or is it the original version with a better, more faithful one?. because i prefer the latter rather than the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post
    so just for clarification, does classic mode contain the super hero translation or is it the original version with a better, more faithful one?. because i prefer the latter rather than the former.
    I'm not sure I follow you on what "the super hero translation" means. Do you mean MM's use of the term "superhero" as a translation for "Seigi no Mikata"? If so that translation has not been altered. Some small translation alterations were made but they were small.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

"Ally of justice" is more literal. "Superhero" is more accurate and faithful.

"Seigi no mikata" is actually the typical Japanese translation of "superhero."

No one would say "ally of justice" in an actual sentence. That's just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post

Agreed.
    Memorable quotes

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I'm not sure I follow you on what "the super hero translation" means. Do you mean MM's use of the term "superhero" as a translation for "Seigi no Mikata"? If so that translation has not been altered. Some small translation alterations were made but they were small.
    Yeah that, it's a bummer that it wasn't altered but at least there are some improvements regardless of scale

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post

i wouldn't call a word for word translation a better, and more faithful. and the japanese already loan worded the term ''superhero'' and ''villain'', so that speaks something about those translations, now, don't they.

personally, i prefer ''a hero of justice'' over ''superhero''. But maybe that's just me.

edit:

obviously not in an all-cases, nothing works like that, just for this particular case.
    Last edited by Wallacia; June 9th, 2019 at 05:23 AM.

does this contain any extra scenes that werent in your previous edition, aside from textual modifications?

When my parents get home and my gf is over

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by KiraWins View Post
    does this contain any extra scenes that werent in your previous edition, aside from textual modifications?
    No it does not.
    Memorable quotes

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Thanks Jack for changing over my image links in the first post to archive.org, but you forgot to do it for the Reddit thread as well.

Anyway, while working on stuff with my seamless loop edit of "The End of the Dream", I discovered a bug that I may or may not of previously reported - in the last episode epilogue, if you make a save once/after Saber has appeared on-screen, and then load said newly-created save, you will end up with no music playing at all.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Question. What program do you create * .xp3 archives? KrkrExtract ignores subfolders when packing an archive. And archives created in arc_conv or xp3tools when you start the game display an error
    Script exception raised
    Cannot convert given narrow string to wide string

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Try kikiriki

"Cannot convert given narrow string to wide string" = make sure script files are in SJIS or UTF-16 format (check that the BOM is not there!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    "Cannot convert given narrow string to wide string" = make sure script files are in SJIS or UTF-16 format (check that the BOM is not there!!!)
    All * .ks files were encoded in UCS-2 LE with BOM. Recoded them all into UTF-16 and packed it using arc_conv.
    Code:
    @echo off
    arc_conv.exe --pack xp3 "outPath\patch_lang_english.xp3" patch_lang_russian.xp3 fate
    pause
    Also the error "Cannot convert given narrow string to wide string"

Are you sure that arc_conv can correctly package * .xp3 archives?
    KrkrExtract, even with the UCS-2 LE coding with BOM, packed the archives that worked in the game. But as I wrote above, this program ignores subfolders ...

Conducted an experiment. Unzipped the patch_lang_english.xp3 archive with arc_conv. After that, the resulting files are packed back using the same arc_conv in the archive called patch_lang_russian.xp3. And when you start the game the same error.

Next, I unpacked the patch_lang_russian.xp3 archive using arc_conv. And I found out that all * .ks files are broken. The text in the bottom looks like this:

So I doubt that this application correctly packs * .xp3 archives

I've decided to start rereading FSN with this patch and I'm not sure if it's the exact same one that's in the "known bugs and issues" section, but sometimes the sprites go full haywire for like a second, going up and then down until they're back to normal. I've found this twice and I'm on the second day of the prologue, I'm... not sure if I can recreate these bugs but I could try recording in case it is since my description isn't that good lmao

Also I'm sure this has been noted, but I'm on a 1366x768 laptop and the UI is just really freaking weird in general in widescreen, being cut off like this:

Spoiler:

Also, some of the CGs are really low quality for some reason, at least if I check them with the Gallery in the 100% save provided with the inital post... I've put a few inside the spoiler tag below, I have HD quality turned on btw.

Spoiler:

While I'm on the topic, the way some CGs are cut in widescreen are really weird but that might be just the gallery viewer itself because some of the CGs I've seen in the VN itself so far are positioned much better

Super minor edit: Not gonna lie though, some of the text bugs can be pretty annoying lmao
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Aurum; June 15th, 2019 at 03:52 PM.