Page 127 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2777117122125126127128129132137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

US Friend Code
    I get the same error as well after updating patch.xp3 and patch_lang_english from Quibi's MEGA upload.

Blog Entries
    Regarding the old save files - I seem to have no problem loading them. Could you provide the logs after trying to load an old save file?

Solved the old saves compatibility bug - redownload patch.xp3

It seems the crash at the summoning scene is a memory issue... the wide mode upscales the images a bit more, and then the images in those scenes are even larger... Not sure I can do much about it, maybe somehow allow krkrz to run with more memory... I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Regarding the old save files - I seem to have no problem loading them. Could you provide the logs after trying to load an old save file?

It seems the crash at the summoning scene is a memory issue... the wide mode upscales the images a bit more, and then the images in those scenes are even larger... Not sure I can do much about it, maybe somehow allow krkrz to run with more memory... I'll look into it.
    no log files are being generated when the game crashes before opening. we only get this error : https://imgur.com/fSlYAEv

are you using the installer version ? or the portable one ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AHX2024 View Post
    no log files are being generated when the game crashes before opening. we only get this error : https://easyupload.io/m/176wuk

are you using the installer version ? or the portable one ?
    You reply too fast - redownload patch.xp3 - I solved the old saves compatibility issue.

How do I fix this error? https://imgur.com/a/j4NqSBM
    Happens on day 3 after Rin's lecture when they're about to go to the church
    The only log file I found in the save folder was this: https://file.io/YtFesZbjDEWM
    I'm using the 1.0 beta
    Last edited by sccabe; June 15th, 2021 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sccabe View Post
    How do I fix this error? https://imgur.com/a/j4NqSBM
    Happens on day 3 after Rin's lecture when they're about to go to the church
    The only log file I found in the save folder was this: https://file.io/YtFesZbjDEWM
    I'm using the 1.0 beta

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    A potential solution would be to use GPU RAM instead of CPU RAM, which would allow breaking the 4GB limit… but that would need my Canvas shim to be finished, and I'm probably going to start working on that after the initial WoH patch is released, and the Metal shader compiler is upstreamed into ANGLE…

One memory efficiency issue I've noticed is that scaling the image using the stretch or affine method will "unshare" the image, which will duplicate the image in memory. Maybe some sort of post-scaled caching mechanism after Layer.loadImages is needed…?
    Last edited by Alyinghood; June 15th, 2021 at 07:03 PM.

Finished the prologue and Heaven's Feel Route with 4K and Wide.

It crashes at Two points due to the memory error:
    - During Rin's Summoning of Archer
    - During Nine Lives Bullet Revolver (when Shirou says trigger off)

the quality of animations is somewhat degraded compared with 4k and standard as well.

Given that it only happened twice so far, I think the simpler solution is reducing the resolution on the images where it crashes.

Overall, 4K and standard is the way to go imo. I'm playing on wide to see where It crashes
    Last edited by AHX2024; June 17th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Me being an audiophile with my super-quiet PC setup and living arrangement means that any mechanical hard drive is by far the loudest thing in the room, and when I'm trying to work on stuff, it gets quite annoying to the point that I don't even consider mechanical hard drives to be useful for anything other than cold offline storage (like for backups and such).
    Have you thought about moving the machines containing mechanical hard drives to another room?

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhfarmer View Post
    Hi first time poster here.
    I have a question about linux-Lutris based install. I tried to install FSN from Lutris (https://github.com/leycec/fsnrnue) and can’t start up program. it’s say Fate.exe is not found.Like this https://github.com/leycec/fsnrnue/issues/11
    I tried to edit install script and change LAVfilter to version 0.75 and it’s still not work.
    It looks like UltimatePatch.exe didn’t work and create any file at all.Anyway to figure this out?
    PS:I use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS , wine 6 stable
    I'm no Linux guru like Alyinghood is (though I am slowly moving my way to more and more Linux stuff), but on some non-Windows platforms, the "Fate.exe" file will sometimes fail to extract. As an easy work-around you can just "krkrz_20171225r2.7z" from the official krkrz release, extract out the "tvpwin32.exe" file, and put it into the same folder where ultimate edition installed to (i.e. wherever the file "patch_lang_english.xp3" is located).

From there you simply run tvpwin32.exe to launch the VN.

--------

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    A potential solution would be to use GPU RAM instead of CPU RAM, which would allow breaking the 4GB limit…
    I couldn't help but notice that there exists a "tvpwin64.exe" in the above-mentioned krkrz download which, according to my Windows task manager, is in fact a 64bit EXE. However, trying to use it with my late-2020 copy of Ultimate edition just gives an error, and the "tvpwin64.exe" process will fail to terminate unless I force-terminate it through the task manager.

Relevant krkr.console.log file with the aforementioned error:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey uh, if/when we have an official 4k patch or whatever, should we make 4k OPs as well via a method similar to how we waifu2x'd the UBW and HF Vita OPs?

That wouldn't be any more difficult for me to do, but I've not even put together 1080p versions of the 2004 OPs (not to mention HD copies of all of the F/ha OPs...)

I realize it seems like I keep just saying things like "yeah that's something I can do" without seeming like I ever actaully get around to doing it, well as crazy as it sounds, the big bottleneck is actually SSD storage capacity.

More info, beware of rambling
    Despite me having enough spare PC hardware to be able to set up multiple completely separate PCs that can sit around and do waifu2x processing for days and weeks unattended, I'm a bit lacking in the SSD storage component. Now yes, for unattended tasks a mechanical hard drive is fine and I do have those, but the issue is that it pretty much needs to be on SSD after the initial processing is done and I'm actually working with the data. And, while nice, it's not because of the faster I/O performance that SSDs have - it's actually due to their silence. Me being an audiophile with my super-quiet PC setup and living arrangement means that any mechanical hard drive is by far the loudest thing in the room, and when I'm trying to work on stuff, it gets quite annoying to the point that I don't even consider mechanical hard drives to be useful for anything other than cold offline storage (like for backups and such).

...I guess this would be the part where I could ask if anyone here has some SSDs gathering dust that they want to get rid of but don't want to sell, in which case shoot me a PM and as I'm open to taking them off anyone's hands even if they're puny 32GB SATA2 SSDs or the like - in the past I've even made video proof of secure erasing a used SSD at the request of the sender and uploading it as an unlisted video onto the YouTube channel that I link to in my signature.

And while I'm at it, I also take unwanted small-capacity flash media that's been gathering dust, like SD cards and USB flash drives (even really tiny ones like 128MB, not a typo).
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Hey uh, if/when we have an official 4k patch or whatever, should we make 4k OPs as well via a method similar to how we waifu2x'd the UBW and HF Vita OPs?

That wouldn't be any more difficult for me to do, but I've not even put together 1080p versions of the 2004 OPs (not to mention HD copies of all of the F/ha OPs...)

I realize it seems like I keep just saying things like "yeah that's something I can do" without seeming like I ever actaully get around to doing it, well as crazy as it sounds, the big bottleneck is actually SSD storage capacity.

More info, beware of rambling
    Despite me having enough spare PC hardware to be able to set up multiple completely separate PCs that can sit around and do waifu2x processing for days and weeks unattended, I'm a bit lacking in the SSD storage component. Now yes, for unattended tasks a mechanical hard drive is fine and I do have those, but the issue is that it pretty much needs to be on SSD after the initial processing is done and I'm actually working with the data. And, while nice, it's not because of the faster I/O performance that SSDs have - it's actually due to their silence. Me being an audiophile with my super-quiet PC setup and living arrangement means that any mechanical hard drive is by far the loudest thing in the room, and when I'm trying to work on stuff, it gets quite annoying to the point that I don't even consider mechanical hard drives to be useful for anything other than cold offline storage (like for backups and such).

...I guess this would be the part where I could ask if anyone here has some SSDs gathering dust that they want to get rid of but don't want to sell, in which case shoot me a PM and as I'm open to taking them off anyone's hands even if they're puny 32GB SATA2 SSDs or the like - in the past I've even made video proof of secure erasing a used SSD at the request of the sender and uploading it as an unlisted video onto the YouTube channel that I link to in my signature.

And while I'm at it, I also take unwanted small-capacity flash media that's been gathering dust, like SD cards and USB flash drives (even really tiny ones like 128MB, not a typo).
    I don't have any sitting around, but I'm happy to donate my 8-core first gen ryzen if you want to just do the unattended shit on my machine.

edit: wait i just noticed you're in northeast ohio, so am i, shoot me a dm i guess

Quote Originally Posted by AHX2024 View Post
    Finished the prologue and Heaven's Feel Route with 4K and Wide.

It crashes at Two points due to the memory error:
    - During Rin's Summoning of Archer
    - During Nine Lives Bullet Revolver (when Shirou says trigger off)

the quality of animations is somewhat degraded compared with 4k and standard as well.

Given that it only happened twice so far, I think the simpler solution is reducing the resolution on the images where it crashes.

Overall, 4K and standard is the way to go imo. I'm playing on wide to see where It crashes
    game crashes with both standard and wide in UBW day 7 due to the memory error : https://imgur.com/a/q5YBe5s

While typing up my appeal for SSD storage space, I realized that two weeks ago I just finished some very long-standing Wii / Wii U softmodding stuff for a family friend which may actually allow me to free up a couple hundred of GBs of SSD storage space from some old temporary Wii HDD backups... maybe. I need to investigate - if there's success then it'll likely end up with me finally submitting some HD OPs for F/ha.

I also just found out that a friend of mine bought a 500GB Samsung Evo SSD purely because he was paranoid that SSDs would become difficult to purchase - he doesn't even have a current use for it. I've gotten the fast majority of PC components (including 256GB and smaller SSDs) from this friend under the logic of "it's useless to him" and, since last I checked he also has a 250GB Samsung Evo not being used, there's a very good chance that I'm likely to end up with one of those SSDs once the PC hardware market stabilizes (it's getting there!).

Quote Originally Posted by theAeon View Post
    8-core first gen ryzen
    I'm a total PC hardware geek (one could say I'm the hardware-expert "yin" to Alyinghood's software-expert "yang"), so you can be specific and I'll actually understand what you're saying. 1700, 1700X, or 1800X?

edit: wait i just noticed you're in northeast ohio, so am i, shoot me a dm i guess
    That's kind of hilarious, but sadly my internet bandwidth (10Mbps up/768Kbps down) means that any sort of remote work is... tedious. Also it'd be impractical to be trying to work with media assets to judge their quality and determine various settings or the the like over a remote connection since the aforementioned remote connection would therefore mean that I'd be looking at a visually-compressed stream.

But yeah, in terms of CPUs laying around, I have an FX 8150, i7-860, and an A8-7600. While the first two are something like half the performance of Zen1 and the third is around 1/4 of the performance, the A8 does have a Vulkan-capable iGPU which makes it very useful for waifu2x processing via waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan (especially since it's GCN which has quite strong compute capabilities).

...I do actually also have an HD7850 sitting around which would really rip through waifu2x-ncnn-vulkan, but it may be destined for a future HTPC upgrade.

(I do still like having small capacity flash memory devices though, like in the single-digit GB or even sub-1GB - they're surprisingly rare nowadays! I'm guessing that the vast majority of people trashed them or something under the logic of "what good is sub-1GB when I have 32+GB?")
    Last edited by NM64; June 20th, 2021 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    snip

I take it you're on DSL. In 2021. Good lord. Do you not even have a cable provider servicing your place?

Depending on where you are we could just sneakernet it. Not joking. Gonna have gigabit symmetrical in a month or so but that obvi doesn't help if you're still on DSL.

Proc. is a 1700, which, well, isn't the best thing in the world but for heavy multicore shit is still a monster. I could legitimately give you access to 12/16 of my logical processors for encoding and not notice a difference.
    Last edited by theAeon; June 19th, 2021 at 11:10 PM.

EDIT: tl;dr - As I said, SSD storage space is (or was, again I need to check stuff) the bottleneck, not computational grunt.

Having a slower CPU and/or GPU just makes the process take longer which doesn't make much of a difference when things are running unattended anyway, but not having enough storage space straight-up prevents the whole process from even getting started.

More detailed information

Do you not even have a cable provider servicing your place?
    I could, but it'd still max out at ~100Mbps I think since I live kind of in the boonies. And it'd cost more for minimal benefit TBH - I don't really play modern AAA PC games so I'm not downloading lots of GBs, and console-wise I prefer physical copies over digital download (though even better than physical is homebrew/soft-modded so that the save data isn't DRM-encumbered).

But we don't have cable TV (I'm kind of a cord-cutter that never even had the cord - went straight from antenna to internet), and the only option for cable internet where I am is Time Warner while my current ISP, Windstream, never seems to care at all about if I partake in "yar-har fiddle dee-dee" which, as someone that dislikes walled gardens and is a sucker for motion interpolation, means that I tend to prefer to get my video via the "yar-har fiddle dee-dee" methods anyway... but even then I don't really watch much video stuff - certainly not enough that an overnight download on my derpy media server isn't enough for.

Also we already use Windstream for the landline anyway, so their bundle-deal was pretty good priced - something like $50 a month for both phone and internet (and that's not a "for the first 12 months" sort of crap either that the cable companies love to pull).

Depending on where you are we could just sneakernet it. Not joking.
    That still wouldn't really help since, in my view, something taking a week to process is no worse than it taking a couple hours to process when it's a PC made of completely spare parts just sitting in my basement running. Also GPUs are much faster at running waifu2x than CPUs are, so if speed were of the essence then I'd focus on just using my HD7850.

It may also be worth noting that the aformentioned friend that I got a lot of my PC hardware from has a Ryzen 2600X + 1650 Super. While the 2600X has 2 fewer cores, it also has substantially higher clockrate as well as the minimal Zen+ IPC gain, meaning that in heavy multi-threaded tasks it actually performs just a bit slower than the 1700 (see the bottom of this review). So in terms of borrowing CPU grunt, my friend that's literally in walking distance has that.

...also, if single-threaded CPU grunt is the issue rather than multi-threaded, my own CPU is a dual core Haswell (I'm being ambiguous on the model because it uses a brand that, in the years after, has become tainted by association with Atom-based cores) that can rock-solid stable overclock to 4.6GHz on ~1.3v (though I usually use 4.5GHz @ 1.23v) which should compare extremely similarly to a Ryzen 2600X in single-threaded tasks.

I could legitimately give you access to 12/16 of my logical processors for encoding and not notice a difference.
    Encode-time is totally not the issue as the likes of the existing 1080p Vita OP encodes for Fate and HF were both done by me on my overclocked dual-core Haswell using the placebo x264 preset of all things which should tell you all you need to know about how much I (don't) prioritize timely encodings.
    Last edited by NM64; June 20th, 2021 at 01:25 AM.

Hello, just wanted to report in a small issue;

Strangely, I've noticed the word wrapping of the text is happening weird; depending on the word and font, certain words will be split down the middle as it reaches the end of the text box (like th
    is).

Is this a known thing, and is there anything that can be done, is it a quirk of the engine or something?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaserSonic View Post
    Hello, just wanted to report in a small issue;

Strangely, I've noticed the word wrapping of the text is happening weird; depending on the word and font, certain words will be split down the middle as it reaches the end of the text box (like th
    is).

Is this a known thing, and is there anything that can be done, is it a quirk of the engine or something?
    Are you using the patches from my signature? If so, please post a screenshot.

One thing I forgot to mention is that it's not a constant occurrence; it happens sporadically, and doesn't seem to affect anything outside of a case by case basis. Funnily enough, it actually took quite some time for me to notice it happen again after I made my post.

Here's what it looks like:
    Spoiler:
    Heaven's Feel, Day 10 Intermission: Shadow Swallowing the Castle

I've seen more cases before this point, so I can try going back if you need more examples.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaserSonic View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention is that it's not a constant occurrence; it happens sporadically, and doesn't seem to affect anything outside of a case by case basis. Funnily enough, it actually took quite some time for me to notice it happen again after I made my post.

Here's what it looks like:
    Spoiler:
    Heaven's Feel, Day 10 Intermission: Shadow Swallowing the Castle

I've seen more cases before this point, so I can try going back if you need more examples.

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post

Second,

http://mega.nz/folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

You might just want to try starting over with a pre-patched portable version.

My post here can help you with that, in this case "Option B" or "Option C":
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...67#post3115467
    Thank you it worked!

Do you have any future plans to release a english patch or a modded apk for the official android port? (The one that can be downloaded from the JP play store)
    Last edited by Tfking; June 25th, 2021 at 04:34 PM.