Page 142 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4292132137140141142143 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by SaberFanboy View Post
    Hello, I've recently started to play the visual novel, and i was enjoying everything i saw, until the first fight against berserker in the fate route. after the fight, the screen turned black and wouldnt change. i encountered something similar with the saber versus rin fight in the beginning, but that was easily fixed. i couldn't find anything online about this fight, so i thought to just ask the question here. Is there something that can be done about this?

please note that this is the first fight against berserker in the FATE route, not the one in the UBW route. that one ive seen threads online already. however, the solution brought up there doesnt seem to work for this one.

The newest version of the patch should fix that error.

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

it worked

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    The newest version of the patch should fix that error.

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    I COULD KIS-

i mean thank you very much

hello, can some1 help with this error? it happens on x64 and x32 fate.exe ; everything is downloaded from the site, the install was success, replaced the 4MB patch files with the ones from the site, but on start i get the error. i am running win7 x64 https://imgur.com/a/pw4L8rF

Quote Originally Posted by Aeromax View Post
    hello, can some1 help with this error? it happens on x64 and x32 fate.exe ; everything is downloaded from the site, the install was success, replaced the 4MB patch files with the ones from the site, but on start i get the error. i am running win7 x64 https://imgur.com/a/pw4L8rF

Second,

it worked, thanks

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Considering how many of the posts over the last two weeks can simply be solved by using the latest 1.0.0 beta, I've got to ask - is there any hope at all of Jack not being completely MIA and getting the opening post updated?

I just looked at Jack's user profile only to see that he's literally not logged in since the end of January 2020, and that's not a typo.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    Put together a new, comprehensive post with updated links, that install/troubleshooting post, and preferably a smoother guide than Jack wrote as to what exactly you're getting out of this (what is RN, what are the switches, &c.), and we'll edit it into the OP.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Good to know, though depending on when the elusive "embeded mpv" video playback engine gets implemented, it might be a good idea to wait for that since some of the system requirements, compatibility tips, and troubleshooting that I originally typed up for Jack relate to the current video playback engine using integrated LAVfilters, and it'd be silly to have that stuff instantly become outdated if this embedded mpv engine is coming sooner rather than later (assuming it's not already done?).

Also, any updated first post seems like something that Quibi should probably tackle rather than myself and/or Alyinghood alone.
    Last edited by NM64; December 12th, 2021 at 03:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    (Preferably also PM me or another staff member when it happens, because this is not a thread I think most of the staff keep a direct eye on).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    Since this has cropped up a few times recently, and rules clarification was requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    What's not okay
    - Asking where to download games, anime, CGs or music in bulks. Posting a link to it, is of course, prohibited as well. Sample fansubs/Scans of unlicensed materials, freely distributed games, and demos are okay.
    Downloading copyrighted materials even internationally is still illegal and disrespectful in my view. If downloading is the only way in your country, please do the research on your own. This is not the place.
    This has been in the rules, as far as I know, since Evo's first iteration in '04. ("Bulks" typo and all). Seventeen years, which is older than some of the users here, gods help us. And, as lax as BL can get, full game downloads are still where we do want to draw a line, including but not only for legal reasons.

Patches are obviously fine to distribute, and we support this project fully. That said, if there are full versions of the game going around with this patch installed? Don't post those links in this thread, and try not to get cute about indirect links either. We accept that you might tell people they exist, but please don't go farther than that. They can do their own research from there, if they must.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Are CG's still cropped in widescreen mode in version 1.0.0? I feel kind of trapped between a rock and a hard place, as I don't want to play on my ancient 4:3 computer monitor just to get the whole images without borders, but if I play in non-widescreen mode on my TV or newer PC monitor, then I get black borders, and the last time I tried widescreen mode (on an earlier version), it cropped a lot of the images, which to me was even worse...Sigh...I want to play on my TV, in widescreen (to avoid black borders), but without cutting out chuncks of the cg images. Is that possible? If only TM themselves had made non-cropped versions of the widescreen images when they made the VITA port...

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Yep, they are and probably forever will be cropped, unless TM remakes the whole game.

I remember when people chided me back in the "realta nua english insertion patch" thread about how I'm actively still using a CRT monitor - who's laughing now? :P

(in my defense I use a dual-monitor CRT + LCD configuration)

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    I don't want to play on my ancient 4:3 computer monitor just to get the whole images without borders, but if I play in non-widescreen mode on my TV or newer PC monitor, then I get black borders
    There may be two compromise options... if you're willing to shell out money for new hardware. :P Or you can just go the dual-monitor route.

#1 - Use a laptop with a 3:2 aspect ratio (Surface Laptop, Framework laptop, etc)

When set to "match desktop" in fullscreen, it'll still crop but nowhere near as much. Alternatively in standard mode it'll have smaller black bars.

#2 - Use an OLED screen in a dark environment

OLED screens show black as actual true black so, in a dark environment, those black bars will be, you know, black and therefore perfectly blend in to the display bezel and/or the surrounding dark environment.

Of course, if what makes the "black" bars annoying to you is them not actually being black and you're perfectly fine with a display that has large bezels, then the OLED option would work during the daytime as well.

Bonus - there's also the option of older 16:10 monitors, like those with a 1920x1200 or 2560x1600 resolution. However, they kind of went out of fashion in the late 2000s when everybody and their dog decided that "16:9 is the future!" (yeah... that aged like milk to say the least). Some 16:10 monitors were still made into the mid 2010s however, but they were definitely more expensive at that time.
    Last edited by NM64; December 12th, 2021 at 08:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. Another question: the BGM menu is confusing me. For the tracks that were introduced from PS2 Realta Nua and onwards, what's the difference between the "PS2" and the "Original" option (I know the "Remix" option is for the VITA versions of the tracks)? These tracks didn't exist in the original, non-Realta Nua version of FSN, so I don't really know what the "Original" option for these tracks is supposed to be, and how they differ from the PS2 one. And what's up with "Changing Seasons"? Further up in the list there's "Changing Seasons" and "Changing Seasons 2", both of which only have the "Original" option, which is fine, and easy to understand. But then at the bottom of the list there's another "Changing Seasons", which has the exact same name as the earlier one, with no difference, and for this one you can choose between "Original", "PS2", "Remix", and "Classic", an option which doesn't even exist for any of the other tracks...O_o I really think a more detailed explanation of this menu should have been included in the readme. What's there is too brief.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Note that quite a few of the PS2 and Original songs have only minor differences in mixing/mastering rather than being a new and/or altered composition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Note that quite a few of the PS2 and Original songs have only minor differences in mixing/mastering rather than being a new and/or altered composition.
    Okay, but for the songs that weren't in the original FSN, where do the "original" versions of those tracks come from, if they're slightly different from the PS2 versions, different from the VITA versions, and weren't in the original FSN? Did they make slight alterations to the PS2 original tracks in the PC Realta Nua version or something? I'd really like a clarification on this. Also, the Changing Seasons thing.

EDIT: Regarding the black bars, you could always cheat and use the "match desktop" setting in conjunction with a custom resolution to have a compromise solution with reduced bars and reduced cropping.

More specifically, with GPU scaling enabled in your GPU driver's control panel and set to not stretch to fill screen, make a custom resolution with the same height as your display's native resolution but with a horizontal resolution that is less than native (e.g. for a 1920x1080 screen, try a custom resolution of 1680x1080; for a 2560x1440 screen try a custom resolution of 2240x1440 - both of those examples are of a 14:9 ratio which is exactly half-way between 4:3 and 16:9).

Did they make slight alterations to the PS2 original tracks in the PC Realta Nua version or something?
    This seems to be the case, though it's my impression that all subsequent versions after the PS2 version (e.g. Vita and mobile included) have the revised, non-PS2 versions of those according songs.

Also, the Changing Seasons thing.
    No idea about that. Could be a mistake, a bug, an oversight, or there is some difference that isn't obvious. I really can't say and we'd need someone with more expertise on the actual coding side of things to chime in.
    Last edited by NM64; December 13th, 2021 at 02:55 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    The change in menu choices is also caused by the newer engine. Now I'm no expert, but I would theorize that it could technically be possible to implement old-style choices visually, but don't quote me on this (especially regarding how easy or difficult such an implementation may be).
    First of all thanks for all the work in making this version of Fate/Stay Night it seems solid - so far I've only looked up a bit of gameplay on youtube of this to get an impression of it.

I'm going to assume that the answer to this question is no and that there's no patch as searching for it has yielded no results aside from this post. So implementing old style choices is probably still not an option, right? I just don't like the new way choices look. They look too much like a mobile game and the windows themselves are also pretty ugly and big even comparing them to Grand Order. I'm not sure about this part, but I think I also remember that with the old choices there was the option to press the corresponding number to get that choice. Is that still in or maybe I'm just plain wrong about it existing in the first place?

Another thing I was wondering was did the old mirror moon version use the Playstation 2 Ost or was that mostly the option you have as the original one? They seem pretty similar and the Emiya theme was certainly the original one, but the version I saw also had Mighty Wind, which going by a
    Not very reliable I know, but it's the best thing I could find.
    youtube playlist
    , wasn't in the original ost.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    I just don't like the new way choices look. They look too much like a mobile game and the windows themselves are also pretty ugly and big even comparing them to Grand Order. I'm not sure about this part, but I think I also remember that with the old choices there was the option to press the corresponding number to get that choice. Is that still in or maybe I'm just plain wrong about it existing in the first place?
    First off, I'm pretty sure the current way the choices look is the same (or at least similar?) as how they look in the PS2 version which is where the current design originated from (and, if you aren't aware, the PS2 version released before even the first generation of iPhone was released, though technically the first gen iPhone was revealed a couple of months before PS2 RN's release but I doubt that makes any difference when 3rd party apps weren't even announced to be a thing until after PS2 RN's release and Steve Jobs originally envisioned for 3rd party devs to focus on making browser-based web apps instead).

But anyway, the choices looked like the following in the 2004 PC version but, just like in all subsequent versions (including Ultimate Edition), you still interact with them in the same way (that being you click a choice with your mouse) - it's purely an aesthetic change as far as I can tell (EDIT: in fact, I think the current design, due to its origin from the PS2 version, even works with gamepads while I don't believe the 2004 PC version did - that could be something particularly useful on something like the upcoming Steam Deck... which I guess has a touch screen anyway, but whatever - some people hate touchscreens on PCs):
    screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    Another thing I was wondering was did the old mirror moon version use the Playstation 2 Ost or was that mostly the option you have as the original one?
    By "original" it refers to the native PC Realta Nua release (not the 2004 PC version) which generally just uses the same songs as the PS2 - I say "generally" because, as mentioned in the last few posts, there are some minor tweaks to a couple of songs compared to their PS2 equivalents.
    Last edited by NM64; December 13th, 2021 at 03:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply NM. The widescreen "cheating" thing you mentioned is way over my head, so I'll pass on that. But I'm glad to have a clarification on the soundtrack stuff.