Page 119 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1969109114117118119120121124129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
    I Just downloaded the Realta nua ultimate edition and everytime i try to launch it i get the error
    "script exception raised Member "kag" does not exist"
    does anyone know how i can fix this

I've tried deleting the "config.ksc" file but it didn't help

Try replacing the .xp3 files with the ones from the following link inside the "Patches" folder.
    http://mega.nz/folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

Quote Originally Posted by Arilando View Post
    So using the beta update did fix the issue. But the menu now seems somewhat laggy compared to before (such as changing settings or saving and loading). I guess i can live with that, but i think it's important to report.
    Saving and loading are going to be slower on older save data as a result of CVE-2015-5672 mitigations and savedata fixup functions. The performance will be usual on newer save data.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; April 15th, 2021 at 01:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubleswee View Post
    I think the original Footsteps of Destruction (bgm) is missing from the game, or something is preventing it from playing.
    The remixed version works, but when I try to play the original in the Extra Menu, or during a scene it's supposed to play, it's just silence.
    I checked it and it appears that file is corrupted in the "standard" distribution of the game. In all 3 routes.
    I guess I can either include the version from the classic release or the PS2... I think it's best to let NM64 decide :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubleswee View Post
    I got to interval 4-1 in Unlimited Blade Works and all the ruby from this scene onwards has been the same size as the regular text:
    https://i.imgur.com/XprXO5K.png
    https://i.imgur.com/tLNfjIK.png
    Is there a fix for this?
    An updated patch.xp3 with an attempted fix is available (link in my sig).

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Try replacing the .xp3 files with the ones from the following link inside the "Patches" folder.
    http://mega.nz/folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

Saving and loading are going to be slower on older save data as a result of CVE-2015-5672 mitigations and savedata fixup functions. The performance will be usual on newer save data.

thanks that worked

Alyinghood, is the SDL2 port considered ready for general use yet? I've managed to get it running mostly successfully under Linux and was wondering if you'd be willing to help troubleshoot a few issues, or if I should wait until a definitive release/announcement is made.

(reposting 'cause I'm dumb and had originally placed this at a totally nonsensical point in the thread...)

Here is the console log for the first exception during Rin's summoning ritual, which was saved to /ux0:/fsnrnue/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20210304135309/unarchived//krkr.console.log

https://pastebin.com/LrtwYx1t

it seems to be trying to load a bmp which is too large, the dimensions seem larger than the vita itself (not that i know what im doing lol)

and here is the log from when it tries to load a save after the prologue, which has been played on the pc, which was a core dump, and was saved to /ux0:/data/psp2core-1618513460-0x000c7935ef-eboot.bin.psp2dmp

https://pastebin.com/PSS6TR3i
    Last edited by qlaser; April 15th, 2021 at 04:00 PM.

Are there any plans for Switch version? I remember seeing something about it in this thread but there isn't any reall info.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I checked it and it appears that file is corrupted in the "standard" distribution of the game. In all 3 routes.
    I guess I can either include the version from the classic release or the PS2... I think it's best to let NM64 decide :P
    Just so you know, it works perfectly fine in Ultimate Edition v0.9.1, so this is a regression. It also works in both Ultimate Edition v0.9.0 as well as the Mirror Moon English insertion patch for Realta Nua PC.

From what I can tell, that specific file for whatever reason is actually vorbis audio in a WAV container despite the .ogg extension. My understanding is that this is kind of an antiquated way to package vorbis audio and has very hit-and-miss software support (it works in audacity, firefox, foobar2000, and pale moon, but does not work in chrome, mkvtoolnix, mpc-hc, mpv, virtualdub2, and vlc).

You can read more information about this in the following forum thread - in our case bgm12.ogg uses format "674f" which you can verify by trying to open it in mkvtoolnix; the last post of the thread includes a solution to repackage it in a proper OGG container, but the "ogg_wav" script used was hosted on a server that no longer exists (and it was not archived on either archive.org nor archive.is):

Personally I'd go for using the RN PC version as-is since it seems to be higher quality than the 2004 version of the same song, so ideally I'd prefer if you'd figure out what regressed between v0.9.1 and v1.0 beta that makes it no longer work, or figure out how to losslessly extract the vorbis stream out of bgm12 and then losslessly re-package it into a proper OGG container without re-encoding (this may or may not require a Linux guru like Alyinghood).

...but using the 2004 VN version is a good "plan B" as it seems to be a standard OGG vorbis file. Just make sure, if you use the 2004 version of bgm12.ogg, that you use the according ogg.sli file from the 2004 VN as well since the waveform is timed a bit differently.

And FYI, for music files that exist in both 2004 F/sn and RN PC, those OGG files are 100% identical as confirmed via a checksum except for bgm12.ogg.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningRed View Post
    Are there any plans for Switch version? I remember seeing something about it in this thread but there isn't any reall info.
    Bu-but...we haven't got a 3DS version yet! :P

(I'm only saying this because I just softmodded my 3DS about a week ago that had previously been gathering dust)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by IUseArcherBTW View Post
    Alyinghood, is the SDL2 port considered ready for general use yet? I've managed to get it running mostly successfully under Linux and was wondering if you'd be willing to help troubleshoot a few issues, or if I should wait until a definitive release/announcement is made.

(reposting 'cause I'm dumb and had originally placed this at a totally nonsensical point in the thread...)
    At the moment, I don't plan on releasing the Linux port yet because it is not on feature parity with win32 version and it was only made for debugging purposes for the other ports (since it is quicker to start than the win32 version under Wine).

Quote Originally Posted by qlaser View Post
    Here is the console log for the first exception during Rin's summoning ritual, which was saved to /ux0:/fsnrnue/faterealtanua_savedata/excepted/20210304135309/unarchived//krkr.console.log

https://pastebin.com/LrtwYx1t

it seems to be trying to load a bmp which is too large, the dimensions seem larger than the vita itself (not that i know what im doing lol)

and here is the log from when it tries to load a save after the prologue, which has been played on the pc, which was a core dump, and was saved to /ux0:/data/psp2core-1618513460-0x000c7935ef-eboot.bin.psp2dmp

https://pastebin.com/PSS6TR3i
    Thank you. I will take a look at it later.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningRed View Post
    Yes, there are plans for Switch version.

PSA: back up your optical discs, possibly DVDs being more critical than CDs*

I believe I just lost my Fate/stay night PC DVD to disc rot despite the disc looking frickin' pristine.

*I've only lost two discs to disc rot, but they were both DVDs - a 2004/2005 Nintendo Power DVD and now the Fate/stay night PC DVD, and the F/sn disc is actually one of my newest at only around 11 years old. Yet I've multiple PC game CDs from the late 90s that still work fine...

(I've admittedly not tried my GameCube and Wii discs for a couple years now, but they're all already backed up anyway, and have similarly backed up my copy of PS2 F/sn Realta Nua which I got at the same time as PC F/sn and was stored directly next to it)

I keep getting errors when I try to install. Could somebody give me instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by RinSaber View Post
    I keep getting errors when I try to install. Could somebody give me instructions.

I recommend using the prepatched version.
    The following post will assist you: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3066122

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    I recommend using the prepatched version.
    The following post will assist you: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3066122
    That seems more complex.

I think it's just not going to the right folder.

I run the installer, then select a folder for all the constituent parts to go to, and then as it is downloading and gets to 100%, it says error, and directory does not exist.
    It reminds me of Command and Conquer Generals mods, which were difficult to download.
    Last edited by RinSaber; April 16th, 2021 at 09:39 PM.

That seems more complex.
    It's not...unless you don't know how to torrent things. The torrent is a pre-assembled version of v0.9.1 - you literally just download and double-click Fate.exe, nothing else.

The Google drive option is even simpler in that it's a normal download that doesn't even require a torrent client, but it being the older v0.9.0 means that manually updating is highly recommended...which itself just involves downloading the newer patch files and replacing the existing ones.

Blog Entries
    New patch with a fix to the footsteps of destruction bgm.
    The file was repacked to ogg (NM64 - Alyinghood did that so maybe he can elaborate on the exact process).

So I have an issue. The portable install works. All the files work. The programs and patches work perfectly according to the guides. However, there's a quirk using the installer. It gets stuck on "Adding Registry Files". It gets stuck at 100% on that step and 70% on the total install. Now, clicking cancel leaves me with a good install after patches. I have this issue with all versions of the installer including the every beta.

I honestly don't have an issue since it's pretty much installed even if I cancel at that step when it gets stuck, but it's slightly annoying and I was wondering if I could fix it. Any suggestions or insight? I'm sure I've probably tried some solutions but I'm just checking.

EDIT: I can provide log files from the installer if you show me where I can get them. I found the log for launching the game but there's nothing about the installers logs.

EDIT 2: Reference image

https://imgur.com/a/1YIrccu
    Last edited by JWayn596; April 18th, 2021 at 01:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    Are you using the latest installer from my sig?
    Could you tell me which options of the installer you picked when installing? Choosing a portable install shouldn't add registry files...
    Also, don't forget to apply patches from my sig as well, since the installer installs the old files.

Hello I found a spelling error in the English translation. This is in the Fate Route. (****************************file/d/12PD...w?usp=drivesdk) (picture of the spelling error.) That's magus's. Although no plural is meant here, a s was added anyway and that's not correct.

So the way I have been trying to download the game, is downloading the installer, and then the mandatory patch, and then going through the the installer. Is that correct, or am I supposed to extract files?

So the way I have been trying to download the game, is downloading the installer, and then the mandatory patch, and then going through the the installer. Is that correct, or am I supposed to extract files?
    ...I think you're over-complicating this.

There are a couple different ways to do this, but the end result is largely the same:

________Option A________

1. Acquire unmodified Japanese Realta Nua for PC in some manner (last I checked, this was no longer available for purchase even in Japan)

2. Run the installer, pointing it to the according folders for each route from step 1

2b. On some non-Windows platforms, the "Fate.exe" file will sometimes fail to extract. If this happens, download "krkrz_20171225r2.7z" from the official krkrz release, extract out the "tvpwin32.exe" file and put it into the same folder where ultimate edition installed to (i.e. wherever the file "patch_lang_english.xp3" is located). From there you simply run tvpwin32.exe to launch the VN.

3. Enjoy

________Option B________

Pre-patched versions do in fact exist, but you're on your own in terms of locating them (hint: the sound of a Japanese cat). They may or may not be titled something like "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition - All Patches (1.0.0 beta)" or "Fate/Stay Night [Réalta Nua] Ultimate Edition - Prepatched" but no guarantees.

In general, all you need to do is run fate.exe and it should "just work" (assuming you meet the minimum requirements of course - it won't work on Windows XP for example).

You can optionally update to the latest build of the v1.0 beta via the patches (not the installer) through the link in Quibi's signature - just overwrite your existing .XP3 files directly and you're good to go! (though, if your existing "patch_lang_english.xp3" file has a modified date of no later than 2021-06-12, then there's no benefit to updating)

Optional: if you don't want the H-content, straight-up just delete the file "patch_h.xp3" (assuming it exists of course)

Protip: before launching the VN for the very first time, it can be a good idea to delete any existing "faterealtanua_savedata" folders to make sure you start fresh with the default settings.
    Last edited by NM64; December 12th, 2021 at 03:08 AM.