Page 11 of 141 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161111 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 2820

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    ...why wouldn't you just add a second menu category for "Music placement" (or whatever it gets named as)? That way you only need to add twice as many options rather than three times as many.

    That is, you'd have the current "Textual content" settings left as-is, and then in the same "Patch" menu you'd also have "Music placement" settings.


    (personally I think something more along the likes of "Music choice", "Music use", or "Music selection" would be a more accurate term to use)

    You're right. With Quibi gone I have a bad habbit of thinking inside boxes because I just assume it'd be too difficult for us to think more outside the box, but you're totally right.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  2. #202
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    You're right.
    Just a heads up, I added more label ideas between the time you started typing up your post and when you actually submitted it. Since we're on a new page, it's possible you may not have noticed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    With Quibi gone
    I know that he's gone, and I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but do you or Anon or whatever really have no idea how to enable this elusive ability for widescreen mode to support ratios between 4:3 and 16:9 that apparently got implemented but currently has no switch to actually enable it?

    Seriously, this was a function that I was really excited to see.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I know that he's gone, and I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but do you or Anon or whatever really have no idea how to enable this elusive ability for widescreen mode to support ratios between 4:3 and 16:9?

    Seriously, this was a function that I was really excited to see.
    I can tell you I have no idea since the feature was added while I was gone.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  4. #204
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I can tell you I have no idea since the feature was added while I was gone.
    :((((((((((((

    This makes me really, really sad since that means it's extremely possible that we may very well never get this function even many years from now in the future, even more so since such "vaporware" circumstances seem to commonly occur with Nasuverse works.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    (((((((((((

    This makes me really, really sad since that means it's extremely possible that we may very well never get this function even many years from now in the future, even more so since such "vaporware" circumstances seem to commonly occur with Nasuverse works.
    I somehow doubt Quibi will be gone for years.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  6. #206
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    I somehow doubt Quibi will be gone for years.
    Says the guy that was gone for years...
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Says the guy that was gone for years...
    Yes but that's not the same.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Just a heads up, I added more label ideas between the time you started typing up your post and when you actually submitted it. Since we're on a new page, it's possible you may not have noticed.




    I know that he's gone, and I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but do you or Anon or whatever really have no idea how to enable this elusive ability for widescreen mode to support ratios between 4:3 and 16:9 that apparently got implemented but currently has no switch to actually enable it?

    Seriously, this was a function that I was really excited to see.
    Honestly the tjs just has me going in circles. I know that krkrz detects the screens native resolution and can use it, but I don't know how to set it as a setting. You can even see the list of resolutions in the console log when switching to fullscreen.

    In all honesty, even if I have the spare time, I don't want to be messing around with the tjs code without a functional debugger as I'm much more likely to break something than fix something.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 23rd, 2019 at 06:32 PM.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

  9. #209
    Found a more tech based issue on Reddit that NM might find interesting.

    "I've found an odd issue that occurs when I have GSYNC enabled. The game causes my monitor's refresh rate to tank to 15-30 hz, which makes the mouse and any background windows stutter. Without gysnc enabled, my mouse is fine."
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  10. #210
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,993
    I have no GPUs nor displays capable of variable refresh, but using an old fashioned on-screen FPS counter shows that the VN runs at extremely variable frame rates - basically it seems to run at whatever the minimum needed is to render the current scene and animations at.

    In particular, it was hitting multiple hundreds of fps during the TM logo, but on the load/save screen it would sit at literally single-digit fps. Bouncing between Extra and the title would have the title sometimes at like 20fps and other times at like 50fps.

    The key thing is that the VN's mouse interaction seems to work more like touch-screen input in that it doesn't seem to actually keep track of the mouse cursor location unless you're holding down a mouse button while moving it (like when dragging a save from one slot to another).

    So yeah...that could be a bit problematic going forward as variable refresh tech becomes more commonplace, especially with HDMI 2.1 including the tech as well as Nvidia now supporting Vesa AdaptiveSync and even next-gen Intel GPUs (whereby the tech can be used for power-saving reasons in laptops as well).



    EDIT: Hey wait a minute, this behavior of fps in the VN pretty much matches how it works in my web browser of choice (Pale Moon). I've got to wonder if this simply isn't a limitation of trying to use VRR with non-exclusive fullscreen mode (which AFAIK doesn't work as well as in exclusive fullscreen - maybe reasons like this is why?)
    Last edited by NM64; February 23rd, 2019 at 07:30 PM.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  11. #211
    I didn't want to say anything while I was debugging, mainly because it is not my place as a beginner to critique another's code, but the cause is probably the massive amount of overhead. Mostly method call overhead from the getters and setters for the patch_hd layer. It is also most likely the reason for the slowdown in the skip feature.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    I didn't want to say anything while I was debugging, mainly because it is not my place as a beginner to critique another's code, but the cause is probably the massive amount of overhead. Mostly method call overhead from the getters and setters for the patch_hd layer. It is also most likely the reason for the slowdown in the skip feature.
    Another slowdown is if you bring the console up from the debug menu. It tanks everything.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  13. #213
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,993
    As I've only just been made aware that there is in fact a reddit thread, I was going through it a bit and found this tidbit from you Jack:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 @ Reddit
    We're basically considering having the installer be a standalone download without the patches, and having said installer download the patches you choose for you.
    I would like to voice my displeasure towards installers that do this.

    For one, it makes it impossible to install on a PC without an internet connection (you've effectively made the installer an "always-online" application) and two, it makes it impossible to install if/when the source downloads become unavailable (I was unable to install drivers for an older hardware device for this exact reason even though said drivers used to exist).

    It also eliminates the ability to download the installer on a faster internet connection and then install somewhere with much slower internet.


    Now while I myself realize that one can work-around such things by simply using a portable install, not everybody is going to realize this.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    As I've only just been made aware that there is in fact a reddit thread, I was going through it a bit and found this tidbit from you Jack:



    I would like to voice my displeasure towards installers that do this.

    For one, it makes it impossible to install on a PC without an internet connection (you've effectively made the installer an "always-online" application) and two, it makes it impossible to install if/when the source downloads become unavailable (I was unable to install drivers for an older hardware device for this exact reason even though said drivers used to exist).

    It also eliminates the ability to download the installer on a faster internet connection and then install somewhere with much slower internet.


    Now while I myself realize that one can work-around such things by simply using a portable install, not everybody is going to realize this.
    I guess the best compromise would be for us to offer all items as individual downloads (save for the patch that is required).
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    As I've only just been made aware that there is in fact a reddit thread, I was going through it a bit and found this tidbit from you Jack:



    I would like to voice my displeasure towards installers that do this.

    For one, it makes it impossible to install on a PC without an internet connection (you've effectively made the installer an "always-online" application) and two, it makes it impossible to install if/when the source downloads become unavailable (I was unable to install drivers for an older hardware device for this exact reason even though said drivers used to exist).

    It also eliminates the ability to download the installer on a faster internet connection and then install somewhere with much slower internet.


    Now while I myself realize that one can work-around such things by simply using a portable install, not everybody is going to realize this.
    I can make it so that if there is no internet connection it will look for the folder. It will however have to make the 'dangerous' assumption that the patches are the latest version.

    Also, NM I've done some testing but want some more data to confirm. I'm thinking about dropping the 64-bit installer and just distributing the 32-bit. The time it took to go through the merges was only 2 minutes longer than the 64 bit version.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 23rd, 2019 at 10:35 PM.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

  16. #216
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Also, NM I've done some testing but want some more data to confirm.
    I'm not really sure what data I can provide - do you mean you want me to see if there's a noticeable performance difference on various CPUs and such compared to your own test?

    The relative difference should still stay the same regardless of what CPU you use, but that's just it - the relative difference, not absolute. The "only 2 minutes longer" value you stated means nothing without also knowing how long the entire merge process took.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  17. #217
    Switch on the Holy Night Quibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,355
    Blog Entries
    1
    Make a 32 program that downloads the correct installer based on the user os! /s

    Even if I'm not here I'm always in your heart. Remember that every time you toggle a switch.

    I actually looked into the issue of why HD is slower. I know there is an overhead with my choice of implementation, but I did it knowingly. I think it's easier to maintain that way. Anyway, since my old pc can run it fine, and it's only when you try to skip, it's not a very big issue.

    About variable aspect ratio. Should be very easy to achieve. It's just changing the wideRatio variable in patch_hd.tjs.
    Making a dynamic switch out of it is possible but a little tricky. If you just want to test other kind of aspect ratios just change its value manually.
    Last edited by Quibi; February 23rd, 2019 at 11:52 PM.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Anyway, since my old pc can run it fine, and it's only when you try to skip, it's not a very big issue.
    I disagree, the point of skipping is speed. If skipping runs so slow you might as well be rapid clicking the game instead the feature's practically useless. I say this as someone who had to CTRL through the entire game within a day because I was trying to test it out before you left. It took me hours to get through the whole VN, when normally CTRLing through the VN should take an hour max.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

  19. #219
    Switch on the Holy Night Quibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,355
    Blog Entries
    1
    Good thing we have the flowchart...

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Good thing we have the flowchart...
    Yes but for obvious reasons you need to clear Last Episode for it. So it's also useless if you're CTRLing through the VN. Not to mention using Flowchart to actually skip through the VN doesn't work because it doesn't collect flags (granted you could manually add them but that would take time too), like at some point I'm going to make a 100% save to upload to compensate for save states not being compatible, but I know I have to do it legitimately so that people have all the flags they need.
    Memorable quotes



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •