Page 125 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2575115120123124125126127130135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Ok. Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for future news on the Vita.
    Last edited by Miki; June 2nd, 2021 at 02:51 PM.

Hi, first time posting here.

I recently tried to update from I believe 0.9.1 to 1.0.0 but I got a little problem. When I tried to restore my saves, I put them in my new savegame folder, the game detects them but, when I try to load one, it tells me that "you tried to load an unsupported save"

This happened to all my savefiles. Any way to solve that ?

Thanks

Thanks for the answer. I don't have the access right now to the savefiles but I'll get access and will try to upload them in approximately 2 hours

https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynig...ight_ultimate/

this guy upscaled the images to 4k. what do you think everyone ?

On an unrelated note, I also have another weird bug. When I try to put the graphics to HD, I also get white bars on the top and the bottom side appearing on the screen whenever there is text appearing and it blocks part of the background. They do not appear when I keep the game with the default setting

My computer has a resolution of 2560×1440.

I'll try to post an image as well when I have access to it

here are the files : ****************************file/d/1hVi...ew?usp=sharing

and some pic when putting graphics on high : ****************************file/d/1cMS...ew?usp=sharing
    ****************************file/d/1hZn...ew?usp=sharing

and another bug when putting the game on high or low : ****************************file/d/1Wsn...ew?usp=sharing (scratch that, I'm just stupid and didn't click on the right button after changing the UI in the config menu...)

Also, something I don't really understand : why does the game always want to run as admin ? Same for the savefiles, I had to run 7-zip as admin to create that archive

thanks in advance

EDIT : hmmm, I just realized something weird : ****************************file/d/1OM6...ew?usp=sharing
    is it normal that the thing to skip chapters open in a different window and keep being there when alt-tabbing ?
    Last edited by leow193; June 4th, 2021 at 06:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    @AHX2024 - yeah, I've seen this. There's actually been a WIP for higher resolution on our side but it needed some fleshing out since it was buggy. I assume the same bugs might occur on his patch. When we feel ready we'll release an even higher resolution patch as well (using waifu2x).

@lew193
    Thanks, I'll try to have a look at your saves later.
    About the other bugs - do they happen with the patches linked in my signature?

About the white bars - it might happen with old saves (it's an old bug that has been fixed). To fix it click "config" (the in-game config) -> "font and text window settings" (click modify) -> change the window to something else and click OK. You can now change back the window to what it was.
    Alternatively, you can change the window to its original form (no the mobile window) by clicking patch (on top) -> message window -> mobile message window.

About the white bars, I realized how to fix this after posting. I changed the window but clicked on the wrong button so the changes didn't get saved. I went and this time clicked on the right buttons and it worked.

About the patches, I just downloaded them yesterday and then used the installer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leow193 View Post
    About the white bars, I realized how to fix this after posting. I changed the window but clicked on the wrong button so the changes didn't get saved. I went and this time clicked on the right buttons and it worked.

About the patches, I just downloaded them yesterday and then used the installer.
    I tried loading some of your save files and it works fine.
    If it's still not working, download the patches from the signature and just copy them to the game folder manually.
    Loading old save files might take a few seconds, but after that it should work fine, and any new save will load regularly.

Thanks, that's weird but I'll check that for my old saves. Maybe I screwed up something

I'm running the 3K patch so far no troubles. but it is a bit slower( the 3k patch by the reddit guy doesn't have multi-threading).

is the game CPU or GPU bound ? would it make a difference if I use Intel UHD 630 or an RTX 2070 Laptop ?

Quote Originally Posted by AHX2024 View Post
    I'm running the 3K patch so far no troubles. but it is a bit slower( the 3k patch by the reddit guy doesn't have multi-threading).

is the game CPU or GPU bound ? would it make a difference if I use Intel UHD 630 or an RTX 2070 Laptop ?
    It is currently CPU bound. At the moment, the max draw thread count is limited to 8 threads due to a bug in DirectShow which causes an exception when more than 31 threads are being used.

Also, the threading is not very efficient due to the drawing function also using the main thread.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; June 4th, 2021 at 12:14 PM.

is there a way to set it to 8 threads when that's not an option? . the 3k patch is pretty heavy.

I7 10875H (4.3~5.1Ghz x 8 Cores) + 2070 and it's 20 fps(Very playable imo. , but wastes time due to slow skipping). but the usage is super low on both CPU and GPU. using an NVME SSD.

Edit : regarding the 3K patch -
    1) Visual quality boost is ridiculous. game looks incredible.
    2) not bug free. playable, but will crash if you press the up key.
    3) significantly slower than the current patch. probably because it doesn't have multi-threading.
    Last edited by AHX2024; June 4th, 2021 at 03:00 PM.

Well, seems that I screwed up badly ^^'...

Re-downloaded your files and it works wonders, even better than before ! Even the skip pop-up is in the right place now

Thanks !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AHX2024 View Post
    is there a way to set it to 8 threads when that's not an option? . the 3k patch is pretty heavy.

I7 10875H (4.3~5.1Ghz x 8 Cores) + 2070 and it's 20 fps(Very playable imo. , but wastes time due to slow skipping). but the usage is super low on both CPU and GPU. using an NVME SSD.

Edit : regarding the 3K patch -
    1) Visual quality boost is ridiculous. game looks incredible.
    2) not bug free. playable, but will crash if you press the up key.
    3) significantly slower than the current patch. probably because it doesn't have multi-threading.
    Just tried it and WOW does it look super.
    It seems like the 3K patch is using the older (0.9) version of the patch which is why it's buggy.
    I'll add support for the patch with the latest changes soon (cause it looks really good) which should fix the bugs and also make it faster (there's been quite a bit of performance improvement since 0.9, especially for skipping text).
    Stay tuned.

Just wondering if I could have some advice with installing the visual novel, I followed the guides for installing however when I attempt to run the game I get "Script exception raised cannot find storage startup.tjs", I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling but I keep receiving it.

Quote Originally Posted by timinator View Post
    Just wondering if I could have some advice with installing the visual novel, I followed the guides for installing however when I attempt to run the game I get "Script exception raised cannot find storage startup.tjs", I've tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling but I keep receiving it.

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    http://mega.nz/folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

I've switched out the .xp3 files in the installation directory however the same error message has come up. Im assuming I might have messed up some where along the installation process? I had a look at the uninstall to try from scratch but now its saying it doesnt have access to the folder that the files are in.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timinator View Post
    I've switched out the .xp3 files in the installation directory however the same error message has come up. Im assuming I might have messed up some where along the installation process? I had a look at the uninstall to try from scratch but now its saying it doesnt have access to the folder that the files are in.
    You might just want to try starting over with a pre-patched portable version.

My post here can help you with that, in this case "Option B" or "Option C":

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Just tried it and WOW does it look super.
    It seems like the 3K patch is using the older (0.9) version of the patch which is why it's buggy.
    I'll add support for the patch with the latest changes soon (cause it looks really good) which should fix the bugs and also make it faster (there's been quite a bit of performance improvement since 0.9, especially for skipping text).
    Stay tuned.
    ...why did he use denoise at all? The 800x600 images are completely lossless. Aren't our existing few images that were waifu2x'd from the 800x600 used without noise reduction?

Regardless, if we do something like this in an official capacity, then my suggestion would be be make a new quality option with the name of "Ultra", and ideally with the existing "High" being retained for use with my fancy idea of combined luma + chroma that SmilingWolf helped on.

...though this will continue with the same wacky issue where "Low" would actually look better than "High" if your screen is 600p, but in this case "High" will actually look better than "Ultra" if your screen resolution is 1280px wide or 960p high.

Nevertheless, while I recall that SmilingWolf said that waifu2x-ing the 1280x960 images gives poor results (and also mentioned that waifu2x-ing the original images would be the best way to go), I can't help but wonder if the results would still be the same for if we used the luma from official 1920x1440 upscales (which, yes, do seem to just be upscales from the 1280x960 versions).

You can find SmilingWolf's script to combine luma and chroma in his initial post in the post below; I was never able to get it working, but maybe our resident Linux guru Alyinghood can (he hadn't even joined the forum at that point in time):
    Last edited by NM64; September 2nd, 2021 at 04:06 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song: