Page 135 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3585125130133134135136137140 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by schism View Post
    hello everyone... so i have the 0.9.1 version of the patch installed but it seems it can't even run and i don't seem to face any kind of errors. there isn't anything even running and i tried to reset my pc and run it again multiply times but instead of running the game it says the game is already running(which isn't).
    i don't know if it's my pc's problem that the patched game doesn't run for me or something else but i actually ran realta nua version with the all patches on my pc and finished it way back (2018-2019)without having any sort of problems and i thought why not try the unlimited edition now cause i wanted to see what's the difference but well as you can see i can't
    maybe i should try the 1.0 beta version but well i still can't figure out what could be the problem...
    The newest version of the patch has better error handling on multiple windows open.

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    The newest version of the patch has better error handling on multiple windows open.

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    It worked! thank you very much!

Work in progress Vita version.
    Spoiler:
    If you have any issues, please make a post on this forum thread for the fastest response times.

This port supports English.

If you get redirected to this page when running the Vita version, you have made an incorrect installation. In that case, please read the installation steps below (especially step 4).

Installation:
    1. Prepare the install on a PC using the installer from the first page, or a pre-patched version.
    2. Replace the .xp3 files with the ones in this link inside the "Patches" folder.
    3. Ensure the game works on PC by running "Fate.exe". If that doesn't work, it won't work on Vita either.
    4. Copy the game files to "ux0:/fsnrnue/" so it looks like the following directory tree:
    Code:
    ux0:
    └── fsnrnue
      ├── bgimage.xp3
      ├── bgm.xp3
      ├── data.xp3
      ├── etc.xp3
      ├── fgimage.xp3
      ├── image.xp3
      ├── patch.xp3
      ├── patch_decensor.xp3
      ├── patch_h.xp3
      ├── patch_lang_english.xp3
      ├── patch_op.xp3
      ├── patch_vita_ost.xp3
      ├── rule.xp3
      ├── sound.xp3
      ├── video.xp3
      └── voice.xp3
    5. Download "fate_stay_night_realta_nua_ultimate_edition.vpk" and install using VitaShell.
    6. On the LiveArea, click the installed bubble then click on the blue "Click here to run" text

How to save:
    To save, you can go into the menu by pressing circle then pressing "Save".

How to transfer save from PC:
    Set Quality to "Low" and aspect ratio to 4:3.
    Transfer the folder "faterealtanua_savedata" to the "fsnrnue" folder so it looks like this:
    Code:
    ux0:
    └── fsnrnue
      └── faterealtanua_savedata
    Known issues:
    * Sleep mode will cause error
    * Loading times will take a while (around 1m15s for initial start and 40s for scenario load)
    * Rear touchpad is usable
    * Selecting 16:9 mode will cause error
    Sorry if my first post here is a call for help, but I would really like to play this.
    So, I followed the post above and downloaded the pre-patched version, which seems to work on my laptop. Then, I copied the 16 files to `ux0:/fsnrnue` and installed the VPK file.
    Now I'm getting this error:
    Code:
    Script exception raised
    Cannot find storage Initialize.tjs
    After double-checking everything, as a last resort I tried renaming the only TJS file I could find in the pre-patched version to `Initialize.tjs`, but of course that didn't work.
    Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by SkullHex2 View Post
    Sorry if my first post here is a call for help, but I would really like to play this.
    So, I followed the post above and downloaded the pre-patched version, which seems to work on my laptop. Then, I copied the 16 files to `ux0:/fsnrnue` and installed the VPK file.
    Now I'm getting this error:
    Code:
    Script exception raised
    Cannot find storage Initialize.tjs
    After double-checking everything, as a last resort I tried renaming the only TJS file I could find in the pre-patched version to `Initialize.tjs`, but of course that didn't work.
    Can anyone help me?
    Did you follow step 2 of the instructions?

Did you follow step 2 of the instructions?
    I did not.
    isn't that what the pre-patched version is all about?

Quote Originally Posted by SkullHex2 View Post
    I did not.
    isn't that what the pre-patched version is all about?
    You need to follow step 2 or it will not work correctly.

You need to follow step 2 or it will not work correctly.
    Will try, thank you for the quick reply!

Edit:
    it's working now, thanks again!
    Last edited by SkullHex2; September 16th, 2021 at 06:10 PM.

Odd. Can't replicate this from my side.

Could you try using "Start" from the title screen, then skipping the scenes until you get to that point?
    Yeah I am through now, thanks a lot for your help !

Is there a way to make the links works in the "about" window?
    In about.ks:
    [link hint="go to TYPE-MOON Web Page" exp="System.shellExecute('http://www.typemoon.com/')"]http://www.typemoon.com/[endlink][r]
    I would like it to redirect me on the TM website, instead of just closing the window

Quote Originally Posted by requinDr View Post
    Is there a way to make the links works in the "about" window?
    In about.ks:
    [link hint="go to TYPE-MOON Web Page" exp="System.shellExecute('http://www.typemoon.com/')"]http://www.typemoon.com/[endlink][r]
    I would like it to redirect me on the TM website, instead of just closing the window
    We fixed link handling in the beta version of the patch.

Second,

Thanks. I should have said it, but that wasn't for me, I asked because I wanted to make it work for the french patch.
    Well, we will have to wait for the public release. Once it's out, it will make a lot of things easier for us, like fixing the negatives (we are currently replacing with edited images) or the android compatibility.
    In any case, thanks for your hard work (and the quick answer)!
    Last edited by requinDr; September 19th, 2021 at 10:44 AM.

Hi I'm getting Member "kag" does not exist error error even tough I had no previous version installed and deleting the config doesn't solve it eather.
    Do you have any ideas what could help?

Quote Originally Posted by tompuljalmeg View Post
    Hi I'm getting Member "kag" does not exist error error even tough I had no previous version installed and deleting the config doesn't solve it eather.
    Do you have any ideas what could help?
    This error should be fixed in the beta version.

Second,

Thank you my lord I shall remember your kindness.

Why are Tokiomi's voice lines in the preface in comments? Are they not played at all in the vita version? Because it seems weird to record them for nothing.
    Last edited by requinDr; September 27th, 2021 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typos

I am going to try again to download the VN, could someone tell me where in the thread all the details are.

Quote Originally Posted by requinDr View Post
    Why are Tokiomi's voice lines in the preface in comments? Are they not played at all in the vita version? Because it seems weird to record them for nothing.
    They were also commented out in the original

Quote Originally Posted by RinSaber View Post
    I am going to try again to download the VN, could someone tell me where in the thread all the details are.
    You might just want to try starting over with a pre-patched portable version.

My post here can help you with that, in this case "Option B" or "Option C":
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...67#post3115467

@Alyinghood

Thanks a lot, I got the VN working.

I'm thinking about porting the game to Electron, after also thinking about other options. This will probably be used for the HD patch.

Why not add GPU support to existing Kirikiri
    \* Compiling ANGLE is a pain especially when you don't use `gn`
    \* You may still run into OOM issues due to 32 bit, and switching to 64 bit requires recompiling all plugins
    \* For `Canvas` class, the fragment shader input is only floating point
    \* For `Canvas` class, it has only been used in a single commercially released game
    \* For `Canvas` class, it requires rewrite or shim layer for old `DrawDevice`/`Layer` based code
    \* Upstream has been inactive for a while
    \* Plugins need to be compiled for each OS/processor

Why not port to Ren'Py
    \* It is stuck at CPython 2.7.x (with CPython 3.x as planned)
    \* There is no JIT compiler
    \* Long startup time due to large count of Python object allocation on unpickle `.rpyc`
    \* There is no interface for external image/multimedia format support
    \* Modules need to be compiled for each OS/processor

Why port to Electron
    \* WASM support (no compiling plugins for each platform, so it can be easily made cross platform)
    \* JavaScript support with JIT compiler
    \* Actively maintained/sponsored by multiple companies
    \* WebGL support
    \* Better package management using `npm` (`npm` is a pain, but no package manager is a bigger pain)
    \* Included video decoding, no need to use DirectShow or Windows Media Foundation

Why not port to Electron:
    \* Larger memory usage
    \* Longer startup time
    \* Increases minimal OS requirement to Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008
    \* No ports to embedded platforms (e.g. non-Win32/Mac/Linux)

If I'm going to write another shim layer for `DrawDevice`/`Layer`, I'd rather do it against `WebGLRenderingContext` rather than Kirikiri's `Canvas` class

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I'm annoyed that "weekly" is the longest amount of time between thread subscription emails as weekly being to frequent for me was a big reason why I kind of took a break in this thread for the past month or so. I really would prefer monthly and then, if I want something more frequent, I'll just manually visit the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    Interestingly, the characters in the foreground images tend to be scaled to be ever so slightly taller and slimmer in the android version versus the older releases. Leaves one with a nagging doubt if the low res versions are using the correct ratio, or if the android versions are...
    I have physical copies of the 2004 PC and PS2 versions with color manuals and all, and the manuals in question have a few character profile pages that additionally includes a stand-alone character sprite (no, not a screenshot).

I would imagine that all I'd have to do is compare the ratio of the sprites in physical manual to the according PNG / WebP file and see which one matches both manuals, at which point I would think that whichever one matches would be the more "correct" version.

I know ol' MIA Jack also has (or at least had) a copy of the Vita version but I don't know if it's a physical copy. If it is and it has a manual similar to the 2004 PC and PS2 versions, then that could be used as further reference.

\* Increases minimal OS requirement to Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008
    Be wary of the following "black program window" issue on Windows 7 with electron apps:

Last edited by NM64; September 28th, 2021 at 01:49 AM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song: