Page 13 of 143 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Wait, has the publically-available installer been updated since you initially posted it? I'm only refering the initial publically-available installer because it was my impression that the currently-available version is still the same as the initial publically-available version.

And it's a bit of a pain for me to check since 2GB is a big file to download - it'd take me like an hour.
    The download link on the OP is the same one it was originally. The change from 2 to 4 occurred at the 11th hour as I was getting some readme fixes done.

- - - Updated - - -

As much as I wanted the new icon, I actually would prefer fewer results on VirusTotal than having a fancier installer icon. I don't suppose it's possible to go back to having just 2 if we ditch the higher-resolution icon?
    I assume not but I'll let him answer that himself whenever he's available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rubo View Post
    Oh, tanks. Now, I'm trying to edit the text inside that file (I'd like to change the Japanese text with the Italian one), but I don't know how. Please could you help me?
    open the .ks files in notepad++.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    The download link on the OP is the same one it was originally.
    Well then there's definitely been a mix up or something, because I just finished downloading the file from the first post and sure enough, the 32bit installer is giving me 8 results on VirusTotal.

And doing a checksum comparison confirms that yes, the 32bit installer that I already had (the one that I uploaded to VirusTotal on the previous page) is indeed the exact same installer from the download link on the first page.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Oh no, nevermind, the openings just stopped working for me period, regardless of saves.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

I rebuilt the bootloaders directly in visual studio and replaced a couple of "unsafe" function calls with safer versions. Not entirely sure it will make a difference. This is what the current, future version looks like... which may not be what gets released in the future lol.

32bit: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/4e...b9ab/detection
    64bit: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/c5...b2c2/detection

Also, here is the standard 32bit 'HelloWorld':
    Visual Studio: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/c8...5e6906/details
    mingw: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/61...aecd/detection

So, are you to ever really trust virustotal or any antivirus for that matter? NO!

At least I find it hilarious.
    It comes down to money and signing the executables. If anyone here actually knows how and where we can get the stuff to do so for a reasonable price, please let us know.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

That looks plenty fine to me as the only warning present even says it's just "suspicious", and heck it says it's low risk/priority as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    So, are you to ever really trust virustotal or any antivirus for that matter? NO!
    You're talking to the person that's been running Windows OSes without antivirus for over a decade now, and that's with Windows Update disabled and using no firewall to boot, heck my wifi is even completely unsecured (I live in the boondocks however).

GOD DAMMIT I'M SO FUCKING STUPID.

The OP issue is my fault. Apparently I accidentally uploaded the OP patch in the state where I was testing if the OGV files would playback if renamed to MP4 as opposed to using converted MP4s. MOTHER FUCK HOW DID I LET THAT HAPPEN?

Okay so since we have an updated installer I guess we can reupload the entire thing with the correct OP patch. That said we should run tests on that installer first.
    Memorable quotes

So what version does this count as then, v0.9.1?

BTW, super-minor thing, I noticed that the buttons and such for the "pause" menu and the OK/Cancel buttons for the quit dialog box are no different between "high" and "low" quality, that is setting quality to "high" just results in the "low" quality button graphic assets being upscaled in a rather blurry way (where's that waifu2x when you need it?)

BTW, super-minor thing, I noticed that the buttons and such for the "pause" menu and the OK/Cancel buttons for the quit dialog box are no different between "high" and "low" quality, that is setting quality to "high" just results in the "low" quality button graphic assets being upscaled in a rather blurry way (where's that waifu2x when you need it?)
    I'll give it a shot but not with this upcoming update, mainly because I don't trust it to not be buggy.
    Memorable quotes

I'll give it a shot but not with this upcoming update, mainly because I don't trust it to not be buggy.
    Well on the bright side of things, once this gets pushed out you can just slide in the new patch and pretend nothing ever happened. Provided people re-run the installer lol.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 25th, 2019 at 09:51 PM.

Jack, you're being a derp on the Reddit thread - the guy saying he's not getting any "browse" buttons and such for locating the Fate, UBW, and HF folders is just a case of the already-established bug that the current installer has with DPI scaling.

Speaking of minor high quality graphics that seem to be missing, where are the high quality image files for "24時間軸説明・サーヴァント_thumb" and "24時間軸説明・サーヴァントb_thumb" hiding anyway? They're not in the same location as the high quality image files for "24時間軸説明・サーヴァントc_thumb" or the non-thumb versions of the same images...

And AFAICT they do exist somewhere however as the gallery screen does in fact display a higher resolution thumbnail when using "high" quality (and I don't mean just larger size either - "low" quality with the same window size as "high" still gives a result of "high" definitely looking more detailed).

This might be a stupid question or something impossible but i have to ask: Would it even be hypothetically possible to make it so that the tabs for the options you have decided to install through the installer simply dont appear based on what you have chosen?

I may have OCD, but supporting a basic fusion of the routes together as realta nua but having the options still exist yet greyed out is seriously pulling my brain apart knowing it exists like that

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    This might be a stupid question or something impossible but i have to ask: Would it even be hypothetically possible to make it so that the tabs for the options you have decided to install through the installer simply dont appear based on what you have chosen?

I may have OCD, but supporting a basic fusion of the routes together as realta nua but having the options still exist yet greyed out is seriously pulling my brain apart knowing it exists like that
    Merging them is required it is not an option. In order for the merged game to run it MUST have our patch.xp3. It is there and grayed out so you can't unselected it and to show the user that it is being installed.

Once the new update comes out it will be ungrayed if a current installation is detected and the installer is in update mode. This is so that you can choose to not update that patch if you so choose.

Merging them is required it is not an option. In order for the merged game to run it MUST have our patch.xp3. It is there and grayed out so you can't unselected it and to show the user that it is being installed.

Once the new update comes out it will be ungrayed if a current installation is detected and the installer is in update mode. This is so that you can choose to not update that patch if you so choose.
    i must have misphrased...

what i was saying in my last post is that, if you choose to not install the non mandatory patches, they still exist in the game as tabs albeit greyed out. is there any way to configure it so so as to simply not have them show up as tabs in the game, or will they always just be unselectable?

Let me rephrase Inuhanyou's question again (slightly translated into programmer-speak so we're more or less on the same page) in case it still wasn't clear.

Basically, when the game is running, he wants any of the settings elements in the game window that depend on patches that are not present to be hidden instead of disabled.

It is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    i must have misphrased...

what i was saying in my last post is that, if you choose to not install the non mandatory patches, they still exist in the game as tabs albeit greyed out. is there any way to configure it so so as to simply not have them show up as tabs in the game, or will they always just be unselectable?
    Just a FYI:

This is a menu:

This is a tab:

Know the difference

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    ...is that WINE I see in action there?

...is that WINE I see in action there?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    yes
    Neat.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to give some protips and consultation on getting WINE working to run Ultimate Edition for this here Linux newbie at some point in the future? (could be anywhere between tomorrow and when Half Life 3 the Tsukihime remake comes out)
    Last edited by NM64; February 26th, 2019 at 07:51 PM. Reason: because

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    Let me rephrase Inuhanyou's question again (slightly translated into programmer-speak so we're more or less on the same page) in case it still wasn't clear.Basically, when the game is running, he wants any of the settings elements in the game window that depend on patches that are not present to be hidden instead of disabled.
    Thank you for decoding my jumble of words lol. That's exactly what i was saying...
    It is possible.
    Awesome!I guess last episode reworking and that are my only actual hang ons.