Page 3 of 143 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Can you give me more information on your RN games? Are they running the cracks? Have they been modified or did you just download them?
    They are cracks, haven't been modified, and I've had them for about 3 months.

Run just fine otherwise.

I wanted to ask one more thing. With all the changes made to the game, is it still compatible with kirikiroid2 on Android? No worries if not, I can read it on PC too.

Also Hollow Ataraxia HD patch when?

When tsukihime remake comes out, Mahoyo gets a voiced rerelease, and fate route gets an ufotable adaption

Well no, that's not really compatible.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically this is just a beta so don't be a stranger. I already have one thing on my bucket list for an update, as at the 11th hour I got hooked up with some assets I didn't have prior.
    Pfft I'm still waiting to hook Quibi up with some more assets. They will require a decent bit of programming to integrate and I just don't know enough about krkrz and that to do it myself.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    One of my typical big posts incoming, hope your body is ready.

Does the installer do a checksum verification on the source XP3 archives, like for the just-brought-up etc.xp3 issue?

----------------------------------------------------------------

So with the whole "doujin vs canon" debate out of the way...

"Ultimate Edition" getting added to F/sn's VNDB releases list when? (for reference, both Koto's and Jack's versions of the the previous "seperated routes" Realta Nua english translation is already listed)

Was the majority of the BBcode formatting (basically everything except links) from my original post for "System requirements", "Recommended specs", and "Common errors and solutions" supposed to have been stripped out?

When running the installer, make sure you move the "patches" folder into the folder of the installer you're using, whether it be x86 or x86_64, if you don't, the installer won't recognize the existence of the necessary patches.
    Would it not have been better to simply have the file/folder layout in the download archive arranged like so?

Last edited by NM64; February 19th, 2019 at 12:23 AM. Reason: because
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    When tsukihime remake comes out, Mahoyo gets a voiced rerelease, and fate route gets an ufotable adaption
    Reading that makes me sad...

NM, It doesn't perform any checks to verify the files are what they are supposed to be, only that they exist. Hell to ensure each step functioned I ran the installer on the ultimate edition directory as Fate, ubw, and hf. It took a while because of the massive voice files but it ran through them. So yeah, there is no checking.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    One of my typical big posts incoming, hope your body is ready.
    More like my typing fingers and endquotes need to be ready.
    Was the majority of the BBcode formatting (basically everything except links) from my original post for "System requirements", "Recommended specs", and "Common errors and solutions" supposed to have been stripped out? [/quote]

BL was NOT cooperating with me. During post construction it actually destroyed all my linebreaks making the whole thing into a nightmarish illegible mess, something I fixed manually, only for it to repeat the issue when I actually posted it forcing me to do it again AFTER it was public. Basically he format your posts are in was the best I could manage.

Would it not have been better to simply have the file/folder layout in the download archive arranged like so?

I basically thought the same thing when going over it. I might re-upload and replace the link for future convenience. If I do, Annon do me a favor, in the readme, change h_patch.xp3, to patch_h.xp3. I noticed that at 5 AM last night and was like "fuck it".
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

More like my typing fingers and endquotes need to be ready.
    Was the majority of the BBcode formatting (basically everything except links) from my original post for "System requirements", "Recommended specs", and "Common errors and solutions" supposed to have been stripped out?
    BL was NOT cooperating with me. During post construction it actually destroyed all my linebreaks making the whole thing into a nightmarish illegible mess, something I fixed manually, only for it to repeat the issue when I actually posted it forcing me to do it again AFTER it was public. Basically he format your posts are in was the best I could manage.

I basically thought the same thing when going over it. I might re-upload and replace the link for future convenience. If I do, Annon do me a favor, in the readme, change h_patch.xp3, to patch_h.xp3. I noticed that at 5 AM last night and was like "fuck it".
    On it. I don't know what you did with the quotes but you screwed up my quoting now

Also, maybe in the future it would be better to have the installer download the selected patches so users don't have to download 2Gb if they don't want everything. It's up there with ideas that will make Quibi want to kill me... like an update feature.

Also, you have a translation.rar archive in patch_lang_english.xp3 probably leftover from when you or someone else modified translation.mo
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; February 18th, 2019 at 07:25 PM.

I've already got a new improvement idea for a future release - when "Disable forced auto-read" is enabled, loop the background music for last episode rather than it just ending.

For reference, I already made a seamless loop of the song several years back but I believe it uses some crossfading and therefore would require a separate .ogg file altogether (which isn't particularly difficult I would image), so the only really difficult part would be making "Disabled force auto-read" use said looping file in the first place.

Welp, I cant figure my error.

So I'm gonna sleep on it!

Nice work though, hopefully I'll find out what I did wrong so that I can enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post

So I'm gonna sleep on it!

Annon got any ideas?
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Maybe try downloading a fresh new copy of the source RN files? Alternatively, I don't suppose you know how to do a checksum hash? (for example, I personally use hashcheck shell extension).

Or shoot, the etc.xp3 files aren't really that big...if you really wanted to, maybe somebody could "hook you up" if it's determined that the etc.xp3 files you have are not in fact the same as what is expected?

I think part of the issue is that I ended fucking up when I installed it and now I dont know where the actual files are.Yet a quick check from the properties points me to the folder that I try to select for the installation.In either case, I'll figure something out, I can still read it just fine as is.

Just noticed the OP was missing the known bugs and issues list, revised.
    Memorable quotes

I think part of the issue is that I ended fucking up when I installed it
    Wait, is your etc.xp3 error occurring when you try running the installer or when you try running the visual novel itself?

Annon got any ideas?
    Check that etc.xp3 is in the install directory, run as administrator. If that fails I may request the file in question to verify that nothing went awry during the merge process.

Hash and crc might not work if it is one of the merged files due to timestamps and such during merging. I'm not sure how intricate the xp3 format actually is.

Also, if you had old patches check that they were archived in the savefolder. If you didn't not receive my pop up message than that could be the problem.

Wait, is your etc.xp3 error occurring when you try running the installer or when you try running the visual novel itself?
    Only for the installer.

VN works fine, well, except for the gallery which brings up this error box and freezes the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Check that etc.xp3 is in the install directory, run as administrator. If that fails I may request the file in question to verify that nothing went awry during the merge process.

Hash and crc might not work if it is one of the merged files due to timestamps and such during merging. I'm not sure how intricate the xp3 format actually is.
    Will try that.

I've already got a new improvement idea for a future release - when "Disable forced auto-read" is enabled, loop the background music for last episode rather than it just ending.

For reference, I already made a seamless loop of the song several years back but I believe it uses some crossfading and therefore would require a separate .ogg file altogether (which isn't particularly difficult I would image), so the only really difficult part would be making "Disabled force auto-read" use said looping file in the first place.
    -bows- Master!

Only for the installer.

VN works fine
    So the installer was actually able to complete even with the etc.xp3 error? I would not have expected that...

In that case, I don't suppose you could try a "portable install" and then see if it makes a difference, especially if you try moving the portable-install program folder to a different location.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    -bows- Master!
    I don't know how well you were following development, but I have absolutely no coding ability whatever, so it will require somebody else to actually implement such functionality into the VN itself - I can only provide the media file and loop information.