Page 41 of 143 FirstFirst ... 31363940414243465191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Due to the length, I wanted to put the music-related stuff into a separate post from the previous.

...and also because some of the below concerns were brought up years ago and still have not been addressed, so I want to make absolute sure this isn't missed or forgotten about again due to something as silly as being the last post on a page.

Anyway, first off I had a quick question - is the 'Reproduction Mix' of bgm52 "The End of the Dream" actually used in any existing official version of Realta Nua?

You see, the official "2012" Vita/mobile OST is a victim of the loudness war annoyingly enough (I think Japan missed the memo that the 'loudness wars' are kind of over now), and that 'Reproduction Mix' is one of the songs that's really "brickwalled". Thing is though, other songs that are very "brickwalled" like bgm54 "The Last Strength" / "Saigo no Chikara" are much less so in the iOS/Android rip which is why I've previously stated that we should use the iOS/Android ripped-versions of the Vita songs as much as possible (with the single exception of bgm01 "Into the Night" - I custom-made that one from the OST since, for some reason, that single song actually has worse dynamic range in the iOS/Android rip).

----------------------------------------------------------------

On the subject of official remixes, I notice the opposite case with bgm77 "EMIYA #LEGACY" in that it isn't present in our own Vita patch yet it does exist in the iOS/Android rip. Therefore it presumably exists in that version in some fashion, especially considering that it's got a fully-function seamless-lopp .ogg.sli file and everything (I myself confirmed that it does in fact loop seamlessly).

I don't suppose it's used specifically for the 'Nine Bullet Revolver' scene or something?...and if not, then maybe it should *hint hint*

(even better if such a thing got implemented before Tanner gets to that scene...though he set his BGM to use the original non-remixed bgm23 "Emiya" when he started Heaven's Feel, so unless you make a separate switch specifically for bgm77 "EMIYA #LEGACY", then he along with most other people probably won't ever hear it because the original bgm23 "Emiya" tends to be preferred over the 2012 Vita remix since the latter is...kind of lacking to say the least)

Which reminds me - wasn't there supposed to be some sort of music-choice switch implemented in the next version that would also control if certain Realta Nua-exclusive songs play (like bgm11 "Clashing Souls" / "Gekitotsu Suru Tamashii" vs bgm62 "Burst Up" on the initial Lancer vs Archer fight scene in the prologue or something?), and that apparently there's a kind of "hidden" music switch in the current version that piggy-backs on I think the textual content switch?

Such a music option could be useful if we do include bgm77 "EMIYA #LEGACY" in a future version since it'd let people have that song enabled without having to use the sub-par 2012 remix of bgm23 "Emiya".

...and speaking of using the songs and loop files directly from iOS/Android rip, umm...why aren't we?

Come on guys, we talked about this months years ago, like before the first v0.9.0 release even YEARS!

(in fact, my custom volume adjustments that I mentioned in the striked-out "months" link that were used in the non-ultimate edition Vita OST patch don't seem to be present, meaning the currently-used Vita OST is from some completely other source that isn't me nor the iOS/Android rip)

Like I mentioned above, for every song except bgm01 "Into the Night" (and I guess technically "The End of the Dream" since we use the reproduction mix rather than the remaster?), we should just use the iOS/Android rip since they almost universally have better dynamic range and saner default gain levels as well as all the according .ogg.sli loop files and the like which should all "just work" perfectly.

(btw, the remaster of bgm52 "The End of the Dream" / "Yume no Owari" from the iOS/Android rip seems to essentially just be a better-dynamic range version of the stock RN non-remixed song, so we should probably be using that in place of the default non-remixed song)

As a visual example, take a look at the waveforms for bgm54 "The Last Strength" / "Saigo no Chikara" between the iOS/Android rip, what we currently use, and the official (loudness war-itized) OST; and yes this really is all the same song:

audio waveform screenshots for the Vita version of bgm54 "The Last Strength" / "Saigo no Chikara
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    I am not in contact with him... but use his LP as QA.
    The UIs are waifu'd, those two are missing (apparently there are 2 variations of ok/cancel images...) - anyway, took care of it.

About said crack problem - there might be a solution.
    We're not going to include a crack with the installer, but the installer could probably work even without applying it (the issue is not the crack, but the data.xp3 archive that is in the crack folder - I assume they tempered with it).

@NM64
    Alright, we'll use the mobile vita OST then. Could you send me your version of bgm01?
    And holy !@#$ I never noticed bgm77. According to the mobile scripts it's used in the very final fight of HF and also in LE credits.
    I'll certainly add it to the game and the scripts. It's such an epic final boss fight mix.
    I'll also add the mentioned music switch - I'm not gonna go over all the script and use it - but I will add it to scenes I remember (I only remember how in the end of HF they changed turning seasons to something else, never liked it).

About bgm52 reproduction mix - I don't think it's being used in any game.
    Last edited by Quibi; August 18th, 2019 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I am not in contact with him... but use his LP as QA.
    Well then maybe you should get in contact with him. While I'm not one for following stuff on social media, I do recall that my last couple comments to him got no response and may have been ignored which is why I'm kind of hoping someone with much more credentials on the subject would have better luck.

Alright, we'll use the mobile vita OST then.
    Just remember that bgm52 in the Vita OST is simply a remaster and not the reproduction mix, so keep the version we have now.

And if anything, that remaster should be used in place of the normal non-vita version (also probably in place of the PS2 version as well, but I have not yet gone through the songs and compared and eliminated the songs that are actually the 100% the same between the original and PS2 versions).

Could you send me your version of bgm01?
    You should already have it - it was used in the non-ultimate edition vita patch, you know the patch file "allpatch_vita_ost.xp3".

Also BTW, we actually already use the custom .ogg.sli that I made, but not the actual according .ogg file (mine is at least a bit higher quality with nearly identical file size)

I'll also add the mentioned music switch
    Will it include a setting for bgm77 "EMIYA LEGACY"? Like I alluded to, it'd be a shame for that song to be limited to people that have to put up with "Emiya 2012".

...and maybe said setting should be enabled by default. *hint hint*

About bgm52 reproduction mix - I don't think it's being used in any game.
    Well, except in this of course.

But OK, I guess I should probably volume-adjust it then myself when I make the looping version. The easiest way to do this would probably be for me to simply provide updated copies of both the looping and non-looping versions for all versions of bgm52 - vita, original, and PS2 (assuming it's different at all - I'll check that).

Blog Entries
    The Emiya legacy track will be considered a different track, and will be enabled by default (unless you use the "classic" music switch).
    It only plays once anyway (twice with the credits, but I'm not sure we should use this as credits song? there's a better one playing already...)

So to make sense of everything OST wise:

original ost - regular RN ost with bgm52 being replaced with the remastered version.
    remixed ost - from mobile, with bgm01 replaced with NM64 mix, and bgm52 being replaced with the reproduction mix.
    ps2 ost - currently using all tracks

TODO
    get volume adjusted bgm52 (reproduction mix)
    get looping data for bgm52 (remaster and reproduction mix)
    verify which of the ps2 bgms we actually need

I'm not sure we should use this as credits song? there's a better one playing already...
    Personally I'd prefer to leave the credits song as-is since otherwise the current song will never play while Emiya Legacy will play twice in the VN.

On the subject of the credits...

bgm52 being replaced with the remastered version
    I noticed that the currently-used credits song bgm76 "Link (short ver.)" also has a remastered version on the Vita/2012 OST, but in my incomplete iOS/Android rip of the Vita songs, it would seem that the song does not exist.

Could you confirm if bgm76 exists at all in the iOS/Android version? If it does, could you compare its waveform to the existing non-vita non-PS2 bgm76 that we currently use? (alternatively you could just send me a copy)

If the remastered version isn't present but the original is, then I suppose the remaster might be an OST exclusive. If that's the case, I wonder if the iOS/Android version played bgm76 "Link (short ver.)" during the credits when using the original music but then would play "Emiya Legacy" if you were using the Vita/2012 music?

If that's how the iOS/Android version behaved, then I think we really shouldn't replicate that behavior and instead keep the current behavior where we play "Link (reproduction mix)" during the final credits when remixed music is selected.

Speaking of which...

get volume adjusted bgm52 (reproduction mix)
    If bgm76 reproduction mix does not actually exist in the iOS/Android rip, then I might need to volume adjust that song as well.

get looping data for bgm52 (remaster and reproduction mix)
    Remember, having a seamless loop for bgm52 requires editing the waveform itself, so we're unfortunately going to have to have separate files altogether for looping and non-looping.

(I do not yet know if this will be the case for bgm52 "reproduction mix")

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, on the subject of credits music, I just had a thought - do we use the same song for the Fate, UBW, and HF credits? Or do we do something like, say, use the 2004 version of bgm68 "Changing Seasons" for Fate and UBW and then the Realta Nua version for HF?

And if not, well...I don't suppose I could propose such an thing to possibly be considered for implementation?

EDIT: Or the opposite behavior, that being Realta Nua version of bgm68 for Fate & UBW and the 2004 version for HF.

I'm just thinking about how, in the 2004 non-RN version of the VN, it originally played bgm76 "Link (short ver.)" at the end of HF since there was no last episode and stuff and HF is the last of the 3 routes. Therefore I thought using a different yet still not 2012/Vita remix of bgm68 "Changing Seasons" song could kind of invoke a similar idea of using a different song.
    Last edited by NM64; August 18th, 2019 at 03:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    mobile OST includes bgm76, but it is not used anywhere in the mobile scripts (as they replaced LE credits with bgm77)
    I wonder if it's intentional (licensing issue?)

I PMed you the full mobile OST. It also includes some OG fate tracks (bgm40 [Embrace], bgm49 [THIS ILLUSION (inst.)], bgm51 [Golden Glow (short ver.)])
    bgm40 is only used in saber's 2nd h-scene
    bgm49 is only used in the music menu (unlocked when playing bgm22 - just a variation of the track)
    bgm51 is only used in the music menu (unlocked after the prologue)

Could you verify if those are remastered versions with better quality?

About your idea... if you really want something like this just changing the music settings to vita/original before playing the HF ending.
    I mean I get your sentiment, but LE is the epilogue of the story, and honestly it feels like an addition that is kinda fan-made...

Could you verify if those are remastered versions with better quality?
    bgm40 seems to be exactly the same, but the iOS/Android rip has a weirdly low bitrate (considerably lower than the other songs) so stick with the version we have.

For bgm49 and bgm51, the iOS/Android version is better, especially for bgm51 (the existing version we use is one of those "loudness war" victims, but the iOS/Android version is not).

BTW, I might be able to make a better version of bgm22 as well from bgm49 using some fancy-pants lossless splitting & trimming - I'll report back with results if I am successful.

I mean I get your sentiment, but LE is the epilogue of the story, and honestly it feels like an addition that is kinda fan-made...
    ...I am confused what LE has to do with my comments about having differing versions of bgm68 "Changing Seasons" play?

Also it just hit me - "Link" does not play at the end of HF in the 2004 version, no? And AFAIK the song that does play at the end of the 2004 HF route does not exist at all in ultimate edition (I have the physical disc of the 2004 version and I think an old completed save backed up if you really need me to check).

...shouldn't this be rectified? If so, then it could actually then be combined with my idea about bgm68 which would actually then result in a different song being played for each route's credits.

EDIT: Another idea that I personally might like better - using bgm68 "Changing Seasons (Realta Nua ver.)" for the Fate and UBW true end but then using the 2004 version of bgm68 "Changing Seasons" for the UBW Good end.

Also I came across a graphical bug that I've been unable to reproduce that happened while I was Ctrl-ing through "To epilogue 1" in the UBW Good end:

Screenshot of graphical bug

And on the subject of credits, I noticed for the first time that freaking minori as well as some employees from nitro+ are actually credited.

Also the credits say "Provided by KIRI-KIRI 2"...which is obviously not accurate for this "Ultimate" edition:

Screenshot of credits
    Last edited by NM64; August 18th, 2019 at 05:52 PM.

What the Nine Bullet Revolver scene

UPDATE: Apparently some of this stuff has already been taken care of. In order to tidy up this thread a bit, I'll move the stuff already taken care of into a spoiler tag at the end of the post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've got a bunch of misc music-related and trial-related comments and concerns...I may go overkill with the dividing lines to keep things a bit tidy. For context of the trial stuff, read the months-old posts starting at the top of this page:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4745-Fate-Stay-Night-Realta-Nua-PC-version-Mirror-Moon-TL-insertion-project?p=2947150

Fun fact: I also found an old post of mine from like 2015 where I made minor joke asking if the "HD" patch would be out by the time the HF movie is:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1899852

Kind of funny that it is in fact the HF movie that actually came out first; sort of reminds me of that April fool's joke from GameSpot in 2006 saying that the Wii (then code-named "Revolution" and hadn't yet launched) would be the market leader by 2010 (an absolutely blasphemous statement at the time considering the N64 and GameCube)...only for it to do just that:
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ap.../1100-6146958/

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    What the Nine Bullet Revolver scene
    The "GARm + Berserker's axe-sword" scene

Because Jack likes to go MIA, you should tend to the Reddit thread - you did tell me that you do have a reddit account after all:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynig...ease/?sort=new

In particular, the second most recent comment isn't something that I can really properly answer myself, and my coding abilities are nowhere even close to being able to properly understand the significance of the most recent comment.

Note that there's also a second reddit thread specifically for the v0.9.1 update, but it's kind of dead:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynig...ased/?sort=new

It looks like my idea for losslessly splitting and trimming existing OGG vorbis files without the need to re-encode does in fact work, but it's kind of janky and a bit of a pain to actually do...so I'd say a remastered version of bgm22 will be quite low on my priority list, therefore please don't be waiting for such a thing as it could be a long while.

EDIT: Or uh, I don't suppose bgm22 exists in the iOS/Android version - if it does, then could you shoot me a copy so that I can compare the waveform against the version we're currently using?

bgm43_trail "Whirlpool of Fate 2 (trail ver.)" has somehow become not listed in the 'Music' Extra menu even though I'm pretty sure it originally was in either the initial "Quibi beta" release or the v0.9.0 release.

And just to confirm, I went digging through patch.xp3 and sure enough, bgm43trial.ogg is in fact there as well as the according bgm43trial.ogg.sli loop information file.

It was agreed upon that, not just the trial version of bgm43 "Whirlpool of Fate 2" would be present in the "Music" extra menu, but also the trail versions of bgm01 "Into the Night" (demo04) and bgm10 "Whirlpool of Fate" (demo01), and such songs supposedly existed in what sounds like v0.9.0 of "Ultimate Edition" as well.

And technically I think the trial version for bgm11 "Clashing Souls" (demo03) is also a bit different by simply having the ending part loop for a bit longer than the full song does, but I personally don't feel like that's really tangibly different to warrant inclusion, though you might need a copy of it if you import the "demo" movie in which case one could include it on the "Music" extra menu anyway.

I thought about and had actually previously mentioned the possibility of having the 3 trial ver. songs to be selectable in-game via the BGM configuration, but only bgm43_trial is designed for looping.

Heck the other trial songs I mentioned to not have even have .ogg.sli loop information however since they were used as part of the "demo" movie instead of the main VN story itself.

In "patch.xp3" in the current v0.9.1 of ultimate edition...

• Is 41.ogg (not a type typo; EDIT: amusingly I typo'd the word "typo") supposed to have that file name?

• bgm27.ogg "Days" is the song I was thinking of that plays on the HF credits in 2004 F/sn with regards to my previously-mentioned idea of having it play in "ultimate edition" at the end of HF

• Is there a reason to have both bgm33.ogg and bgm40.ogg? From what I can tell, bgm33 is nothing more than only the first half of bgm40.

• fate.ogg, unlimited.ogg, and heaven.ogg are all loudness war victims. Much like bgm51.ogg, do these songs happen to exist in the iOS/Android rip? (EDIT: though I wouldn't be surprised if they have different filenames compared to what we're currently using)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff that's already taken care of

Also you'll need to use insani's xp3tools in order to be able to extract anything from the trial version of Fate/stay night as it implements different XP3 encryption, and xp3tools supports the encryption for both the trial and full version (refer to the readme): http://www.insani.org/tools/ EDIT: Or I guess don't use it? No idea what to use instead though...

First off, the most important thing - Quibi, did you correct the regression of "supported_games.png" in the readme?:
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2965479

Jack was interested in trying to add the trial version's "demo" movie (which is actually an automatic in-engine cut scene with text and all, kind of like the epilogue in 'last episode') as a sort of "DVD extras" movie trailer sort of thing - surely Jack would be thrilled if you could add it to the "ultimate edition" in some fashion, presumably being accessible from somewhere in the "Extra" menu (perhaps labeled as "Trailer"?).

Heck, since you're are a Kiri-Kiri coding wizard Quibi, I don't suppose it'd even be possible to actually extract the according script files from the trial version for this "demo" not-so-movie and any necessary trial-exclusive media & art data so that it can render like any old story text in the VN itself (again, in a way kind of similar to the epilogue in 'last episode'), thereby allowing the user to still use and render with high or low quality text and art assets and the like? (not sure if "wide" mode would really work for this however)
    Last edited by NM64; August 20th, 2019 at 04:00 PM.

DO NOT use insani's xp3tools, as it implements the decryption in an incorrect way, and will corrupt some files.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    DO NOT use insani's xp3tools, as it implements the decryption in an incorrect way, and will corrupt some files.
    Well then what do you suggest for extracting stuff from the trial version? As I mentioned, the encryption is different than what is used in the full version.

Oh and BTW, since you're apparently a Linux guru, I don't suppose the most recent comment in the Reddit thread has any significance to you?:

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/as1lc4/fatestay_night_realta_nua_ultimate_edition_release/ewd8uas/
    I don't know if it's a bug, but the installer ran with wine was looking for files in a nonexistent folder in "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp" and "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\lav_filter s". It was looking for files from LAVFilters v0.66 (at least I think so, because of the avcodec-lav-56.dll). It was also looking for "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\exes\\Fate .exe", which was located in "C:\\users\\dareka826\\Temp\\_MEI82\\exes\\Fate.ex e". It all worked when I copied contents of "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82" to "C:\\users\\username\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp" and extracted LAVFilters-0.66-x86.zip to "C:\\users\\dareka826\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\lav_filte rs\". I don't know if copying all of the files from _MEI82 to xp was necessary, but it worked. My wine version is 4.13 staging, prefix is 32bit and wine windows version is windows 7. OS is a 64 bit Arch Linux installation. I hope this information is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Well then what do you suggest for extracting stuff from the trial version? As I mentioned, the encryption is different than what is used in the full version.

Oh and BTW, since you're apparently a Linux guru, I don't suppose the most recent comment in the Reddit thread has any significance to you?:
    We have a tool to unpack the archives from the trial version.
    In relation to that comment, it appears to be a bug.

EDIT: Quibi, if you're reading this, then note that made a few edits to my most recent long post (hopefully you haven't read through said post yet).

If you did happen to read said post already, then here's the tl;dr of my edits so that you don't have to read through my whole post again:

• if bgm22 exists in the iOS/Android version, then send me a copy of it so I can compare the waveform against the version we currently use

• if fate.ogg, unlimited.ogg, and heaven.ogg exists in in the iOS/Android version, then I would not be surprised if they have different filenames than what we currently use

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    We have a tool to unpack the archives from the trial version.
    Would it be possible for you to share it with the world?

While I don't think I personally have any more reason to extract anything from the trial's XP3 archives, I still would like the ability to do so...
    Last edited by NM64; August 19th, 2019 at 03:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Not gonna read everything, but I just wanna say, I'm fine with any music being added, but I still want to have the switch option to keep using only the originals, because I'm not a fan of the VITA songs at all...

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Not gonna read everything, but I just wanna say, I'm fine with any music being added, but I still want to have the switch option to keep using only the originals, because I'm not a fan of the VITA songs at all...
    That option won't be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    All we're doing is replacing the existing Vita songs with better quality versions.

Also "Emiya Legacy" is a completely different remix altogether.

What are the differences between the PS2 version, PSV version, and iOS/Android platforms of Fate/stay night Réalta Nua?

I am playing through the game at the moment, but i still feel like it would be interesting to read a big list of everything that has changed.

I don't know the intricacies of all the details, but for the most part it's the following (and I'm not fully sure on what the iOS/Android version has)

PS2
    All routes combined
    no remixed "2012 / Vita" music
    no Ufotable-animated "Vita" OP videos
    no widescreen support
    640x480 CG resolution (downscaled due to hardware limitations)

Vita
    All routes combined
    has both the original and remixed "2012 / Vita" music
    has OP videos animated by Ufotable
    supports optional widescreen
    800x600 CG resolution (same as official PC versions)

iOS/Android
    Each route a separate purchase (though it may be in the form of "DLC" which might then combine into a single thing?)
    at least has the remixed "2012 / Vita" music (unsure if it has the original non-remixed music)
    has OP videos animated by Ufotable
    supports optional widescreen
    1280x960 CG resolution (some CGs are not native and were upscaled in a sub-par manner however)

With the rising popularity of AI machine learning upscaling techniques i wonder how properly converting the backrounds to proper ultra high resolutions would be

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    With the rising popularity of AI machine learning upscaling techniques i wonder how properly converting the backgrounds to proper ultra high resolutions would be
    Funny you should say that - for those aformentioned CGs that are upscaled in a sub-par manner, just doing a waifu2x of the original 800x600 CG provides much better results and is in fact what we already do in "ultimate edition" in-place of some of the known sub-par upscaled iOS/Android CGs.