Page 44 of 143 FirstFirst ... 34394243444546495494 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Since this is obviously getting out of hand... NM64 please help me complete the spreadsheet I shared with you via PM.
    ...I think you're majorly overthinking/overstating the whole thing. To me it doesn't seem like all that much has actually changed and/or is to be changed compared to the existing v0.9.1.

The following literally is the or the planned-to-be entire music change log since v0.9.1, and I've even been very all-encompassing by including things that aren't directly related to the actual .ogg music files

• include that elusive "RN vs Classic" music switch that you've supposedly been working on

• replace all "_vita.ogg" songs and their according "ogg.sli" files with their iOS/Android rip except for bgm01_vita and bgm52_vita

• replace bgm01_vita.ogg, bgm52_vita.ogg, and bgm52.ogg with each song's according "NM64 mix" (.ogg.sli is already identical for bgm01_vita and the other two didn't have .ogg.sli)

• include looping for bgm52.ogg and bgm52_vita

• enable looping for bgm52/bgm52_vita when "disable forced auto-read" is checked

• when "disable forced auto-read" is checked, have the music to fade out in last episode's "epilogue" before Saber says "welcome back, Shirou"

• fix the bug/feature where the music does not play when loading a save that was created in the middle last episode's "epilogue"

• replace bgm49.ogg and bgm51.ogg (along with both song's according sli files) with iOS/Android rip

• include bgm77.ogg + bgm77.ogg.sli info from the iOS/Android rip for only the final final battle of HF

• include some sort of toggle for bgm77 so that people can choose to disable it while still having the RN-exclusive music

• expose bgm43trial, demo01_ps2, demo04_ps2, and ステータス_ps2 in the GUI in some manner (demo02_ps2 and demo03_ps2 are not musically different enough for use outside of the trial's "demo" not-so-movie)

• remove and delete bgm52_ps2, bgm55_ps2, bgm68_ps2, bgm70_ps2, and bgm76_ps2 - both their .ogg and .ogg.sli files

I also personally was vouching for some changes to the credits music, like having bgm27 play for the HF true end, and maybe having bgm68_classic play for specifically the Fate end or maybe instead for the UBW good end, but all of this was not something that was agreed upon and was just kind of me vocally thinking out loud.
    Last edited by NM64; August 29th, 2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: improved wording - changed "swap" to "replace"
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

When I try to switch form low to high graphics it gives me an error. How to fix this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    All we're doing is replacing the existing Vita songs with better quality versions.

Also "Emiya Legacy" is a completely different remix altogether.
    Okay, cool.

Actually... I've kept it a secret from you all.
    But the reason I was gone for 9 months was because I went to Japan to take IRL photos of all FSN locations.
    Next patch will replace all backgrounds with their IRL counterparts.

Here's a sneak peek:
    Spoiler:

Emiya Household:

It's uncanny how perfectly similar that is to the in-game version!

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Quote Originally Posted by Youknowthatguy View Post
    When I try to switch form low to high graphics it gives me an error. How to fix this?

Set the low/high graphic option after the prologue.

Hey so um, it was stated a two weeks ago by Quibi that there were only two small-ish issues blocking the release of the new version. Has anything changed on that front?

I'm just thinking that the fact it's been two weeks makes me wonder that those aforementioned small-ish issues weren't quite as small as they were thought to be.

Also, maybe I'm just too much of a git n00b, but the git doesn't seem to be too helpful in terms of enlightening me to what actual blockers there are as a whole preventing the release of the next version.

EDIT: Full disclosure - the lack of insight on what is preventing the release of the next version has had me kind of anxious for the last few days which is partially why I'm on such a kick to try and improve some of the media assets as I feel like it'll somehow help get the ball rolling in terms of actually making the next version get released or at the very least result in some sort of status update that will give me a better idea of what is actually going on (like it'll let me say "ok this is finished, what's left?).

Like for the PS2 music, I figured this was something that was going to get taken care of as Quibi said it was on the "TODO", but the lack of indication on its progress made me feel like nobody was in fact doing anything about it which, considering it was on Quibi's "TODO", made me then kind of feel paranoid that I was the only one concerned about having the next version as a whole not being stuck in "TBD" limbo for several more months.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Question - has anything with the OP video files themselves changed since the v0.9.1 release? (not with how they actually play back in the VN)

Basically, since I'm on a media-asset improvement kick recently, I couldn't help myself but take a look at the video quality of the OPs (except for UBW Vita and HF Vita) as well as the volume levels for all the OPs, but I need confirm if anything has actually changed since the v0.9.1 release so that I know I'm not re-inventing the wheel here.

I do just want to say though that this is a side thing for me and I really don't want you to hold back a new release just to incorporate this. I mean, if the new release isn't out once I've done these OP improvements then great, throw them in, but they shouldn't be a blocker preventing the release or anything since it's not like the existing versions we use are bad.
    Last edited by NM64; August 30th, 2019 at 04:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well, if you ever decide you wanna join our dev discord channel you can get updates on everything we're working on...
    The git tracking issue is kinda stale, but I prefer it over ranting posts lost over several pages.

I'm working on the PS2 tracks, don't worry about it. I took a little break from that to get on some other issues (this is how I don't get annoyed by one issue all the time... I just skip between them according to my mood - ofc, I only work on stuff that's relevant to the next release).
    For instance, I've been focusing updating all the menu items with their waifu-2x version. The current release menu items don't look as good in HD as in-game content itself. Now it looks much sharper and crisp

Speaking of "2 issues" - it's you who keeps bringing new stuff to do all the time. You can only blame yourself :P

No one is working on OP, you can have a go at it if you'd like.
    The latest versions of all the assets are in the GD link I sent you. The OP are at "RealtaNua/OP".

I'm working on the PS2 tracks, don't worry about it.
    Speaking of which, is there any sort of conclusion on what the deal is with bgm53 and how RN PC, the PS2 rip, and the PS2 OST versions all sound different?

this is how I don't get annoyed by one issue all the time... I just skip between them according to my mood - ofc, I only work on stuff that's relevant to the next release
    I have issues of getting confused and forgetting the state of things when trying to juggle multiple things, so I try to completely obliterate one issue before moving on.

This why I harped so much on the music, because I wanted to be completely done with it and not have to touch it again for a long while (if ever) because I knew I'd get confused and end up redoing things if I stopped in the middle and had to revisit the subject at a later date.

As of right now, the only thing that would improve the music would be using higher-fidelity versions with similar dynamic range from whatever according OST, but that'd be quite the tedious task as it'd require not only going through each individual waveform, possibly doing a bit of a listening test as well, but then creating the according looping points all for what is not likely to be that much a quality improvement (outside of a few specific songs, like bgm53 which I've mentioned multiple times now as sounding almost like a different mix), so yeah...super low priority in my book.

I've been focusing updating all the menu items with their waifu-2x version.
    Hopefully you've been using a recent version of waifu2x? They had an update around 9 months ago that improved the art mode's results.

Psst Quibi or Anon or anybody else (Jack? ), does anyone have the original OGG Theora-encoded Vita OP video files taken directly from the iOS/Android version?

Apologies for the double-post, but I was just thinking that directly ripping the vorbis audio out of them might give us better versions of "fate.ogg", "unlimited.ogg", and "heaven.ogg", and I wanted to post this before going to bed in hopes of getting a response by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Psst Quibi or Anon or anybody else (Jack? ), does anyone have the original OGG Theora-encoded Vita OP video files taken directly from the iOS/Android version?

Apologies for the double-post, but I was just thinking that directly ripping the vorbis audio out of them might give us better versions of "fate.ogg", "unlimited.ogg", and "heaven.ogg", and I wanted to post this before going to bed in hopes of getting a response by the time I wake up tomorrow.
    If I still have the files on my computer I'll send you it once I finish moving back into my dorm.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Sorry that I keep deleting and reposting this with additions, but I was having major conflicting thoughts on this issue resulting in major edits.

In particular, I want to clarify that, even though this is technically a music thing, it being related to the OPs means that I do not want this to be something to hold back the new version. The main music stuff I really wanted to get into the next version was the stuff that plays during the actual VN story itself, not just some "Extra" menu stuff in the music player.

So if there's no clear-cut answer on what to do, then we can just not worry about this issue regarding which OP songs should be included in the Extra menu, especially when I not only don't know the names of the Vita OP songs, but I don't have the full-length copies of them either. By waiting, I can then try to get and hunt down whatever is the best quality version of a given song and use that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    If I still have the files on my computer I'll send you it once I finish moving back into my dorm.
    Quibi hooked me up, so don't worry about it.

Nevertheless, turns out I'm a derp and didn't realize that fate.ogg, unlimited.ogg, and heaven.ogg are all of the full versions of each respective song, and obviously the OPs use the short version of each song, so...

However, I did notice three things in the process:

#1. fate.ogg, unlimited.ogg, and heaven.ogg are not listed in Extra's "Music" menu at all

#2. the '(short ver.)' of those three songs mentioned in #1 are also not included

#3. only the full '(fate ver.)' of "This Illusion" (2004 OP) is included, not the '(short ver.)' used in the actual 2004 OP; yet only the "(short ver.)" of "Golden Glow" (PS2 OP) is included, not the full version!

So some agreement and/or decision will have to be made at some point in the future regarding whether we should just include all of the different versions - both the short and full OP songs, or just one version for each OP song (presumably either all the full version or all the short version).

But again, much like the higher-quality OP videos, this is a low priority thing in my book that I don't want to hold back the release of the next version, especially if anything with this OP music discrepancy would take time away from getting the next update out.

BTW, one idea I had was to put the OP songs into their own category like we have for "PS2" and "Remix", that way if we include both the full and short version of each song, it won't junk up the playlist then as that'd then be ten songs dedicated to just OP music.
    Last edited by NM64; September 1st, 2019 at 01:02 AM.

Oh goody, another double-post...though this one is back to the subject of bgm52 looping.

So I was poking around the git's commits since I seem to have recently killed this thread and noticed the following code in one of the recently changed files:

Code:
        function fadeIn(elm)    {
            updateElm(elm);
            super.fadeIn(elm);
        }
    I don't suppose this is part of the implementation of that software-based crossfading you were thinking about doing?

If it is, then aren't I going to have to revamp the looping points of bgm52's sli file since, as previously mentioned, the points used in bgm52-loop.ogg.sli are not optimized for use with the stock non-looping bgm52.ogg file?

EDIT: I also noticed while poking around the git that the commits log mentions adding subtitle support and the current revision of the readme on the git says that only the classic 2004 OPs currently have subtitles.

I know you said nobody has done anything with the videos, but I'd have to make sure that the timing of the subtitles match any new video encodes that I make unless you've got a copy of the actual subtitles file on-hand (unless we're going to be using subtitles that are muxed into the video file itself?)

(fun fact: my the Vita Fate OP encode is actually 100% final and complete, so if you want we actually could include it - but I was going to try and give everything in one big lump-sum. Additionally all the PS2 and the UBW & HF Vita OPs are finished video-wise but I wanted to do some more stuff with their audio, though their current state is still an improvement so they too could actually be included as-is if necessary).

Again, I'd like to re-emphesize that I don't want the v0.9.2 release held back just for the sake of me looking to include higher-quality OP encodings - I'm fine if you guys are finished with v0.9.2 before I am with these OP videos

--------------------------------

I also saw some mention on the git about v0.9.2 generating thumbnails in real-time so that they'd be higher resolution/quality and I was wondering if this also applied to the videos?

I ask because I was also going to provide higher quality (though identical resolution) "title.png" images for the OPs when giving said files in that "lump-sum" I mentioned, and because of my OCD the "title.png" images were actually going to be higher quality because they'd be created from lossless encodes from the source rather than the lossy video files themselves (though the sources by definition are lossy, but they'd be less lossy ).

Also my PNG images would likely have smaller file sizes since, when I tried re-compressing and losslessly optimizing the existing images, I was able to easily reduce the file size by something like 10 to 20%, and I always make sure to losslessly compress and optimize the snot out of my PNG images.
    Last edited by NM64; September 4th, 2019 at 07:52 PM.

It is possible to add subtitles in ASS/SSA format in a separate file. The delay can be adjusted so if there is a new encode of a file, the timing can be adjusted.

It may be possible to provide thumbnails without duplication by extracting keyframes from the multimedia file.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    It may be possible to provide thumbnails without duplication by extracting keyframes from the multimedia file.
    Is this what v0.9.2 is actually going to be doing though?

I just would like to know if the use of these "title.png" image files in Extra's 'Movie' menu are going to be depreciated in the next version or not so that I know whether I should even spend any time on them.

Is this what v0.9.2 is actually going to be doing though?

I just would like to know if the use of these "title.png" image files in Extra's 'Movie' menu are going to be depreciated in the next version or not so that I know whether I should even spend any time on them.
    Currently, no.

Blog Entries
    The big problem is we don't even have subtitle files for any of the OPs... I only found hardsubs out there, which isn't much help.
    And I was thinking about karaoke, which isn't my forte.
    HA also only have hardsub subtitles. If we could get a subtitle file that would be nice...

The dynamic thumbnails are only for the gallery - but it loads a bit slowly, so I only included it optionally with a switch (defaults to false).
    Higher quality thumbnails for the movie menu menu would be appreciated. Preferably both in the original resolution and scaled down for HD mode resolution (if needed).

I dunno what you're getting at with the bgm52. I already implemented support for both the looping and non-looping versions with your 2 separate files. Isn't it good enough?

Also, I'm ok with waiting for the movies until you finish editing all of them.

And the only thing delaying the release is lack of time on my part. I'm looking for a job and having tons of job interviews.
    Apparently it was a smart idea to include "created HD patch for a porn game" in my resume /s
    Last edited by Quibi; September 5th, 2019 at 03:24 AM.

Higher quality thumbnails for the movie menu menu would be appreciated. Preferably both in the original resolution and scaled down for HD mode resolution (if needed).
    Understood.

I already implemented support for both the looping and non-looping versions with your 2 separate files. Isn't it good enough?
    In that case then ignore my previously-mentioned concerns regarding bgm52.

Also, I'm ok with waiting for the movies until you finish editing all of them.
    I'd rather you not, though TBH I've largely already done the hard and time-consuming part (outside of a final render) so it shouldn't be long now anyway, and if it becomes longer than a week then it'll probably be because I'm being too OCD with the audio and should just deliver you the goods as-is without my declipped audio.

*sigh* The double-posts, they just keep happening. (well this time around it's because I made a post before going to bed which I usually don't do, so now that I'm going to make my typical post of when I've just woken up it's going to end up being a double-post)

So I had a dream about frame rates and mpv because I also noticed mention of that on the git commit log. I may be OCD about audio quality, but I'm actually more straight-up annoyed by frame rate judder and the like, so...if we're using mpv and not lavfilters for the video playback, does this mean we can also use mpv's "--video-sync=display-resample" function?

(now personally I'm so OCD that I'll even speed up 24fps content to 25fps with pitch correction on displays that can't do 48Hz, 72Hz, 96Hz, etc but can do either 50Hz, 75Hz, 100Hz or the like, but I don't feel comfortable suggesting that we do this - I was thinking more about 29.97fps on 60.00Hz displays and the like)

And speaking of mpv's various configurations, I've previously harped on about kirikiri's default upscaling of anything to be very "meh" and is seemingly nothing more than bilinear (hence why we waifu2x any art assets that aren't available from the iOS/Android version). But if we're using mpv for the video playback, then couldn't we use an upscaling algorithm specifically for the videos that's at least somewhat better than bilinear without being noticeably more computationally intensive (bicubic, lanczos, etc?)

And I guess while I'm here, I guess I can at least inquire about whether mpv will or will not use hardware video decoding when available? (this is of course assuming that v0.9.2 will indeed be using mpv for its decoding of videos)

I'm looking for a job and having tons of job interviews.
    Apparently it was a smart idea to include "created HD patch for a porn game" in my resume /s
    It's all Fate/Grand Order's fault, as it is with many things.

(though personally I would at least also somewhat blame Fate/Zero as well, though for different reasons)

Blog Entries
    While we do have mpv support, it's kinda like "open mpv as another process", and doesn't play the video in the game window.
    So it'll only be used for mac, or for people that for have trouble playing the videos any other way for w/e reason.
    But basically any command line arguments are theoretically supported...

And to clarify, I mean I'm waiting for you to finish all the videos before you pack and send me, I didn't mean to delay the release (which is basically being held only by my schedule).

It should be possible to create 32bit BMP with ImageMagick.

I'd recommend PNG or WebP format however.

Speaking about image formats, it would be interesting to use AVIF format in the future; however, it only supports YUV and no alpha currently.

OK it really needs to be said - am I the only one that finds the scroll bar on the "Movie" screen to not be obvious enough?

I know it's kind of a thing to no longer have the up/down or left/right arrows on the ends of scroll bars, but that was always a good identifier for me that something is in fact a scroll bar.

Similarly, horizontal scroll bars are typically below the content in questions that is to be scrolled, not above it.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Speaking about image formats, it would be interesting to use AVIF format in the future; however, it only supports YUV and no alpha currently.
    I've been following AV1 development over on Doom9 for so long that I can't even recall if I actually ever mentioned AV1 and/or AVIF on BL (maybe in passing when I mentioned that I "recruited" SmilingWolf from Doom9's AV1 development thread and as a return favor I did performance testing with one of his test AV1 encodes of the Heaven's Feel movie).

The following was originally posted before uyjulian's most recent post, but since Quibi never seems to be around at this time of the day (I'm guessing he's in Europe or South Africa and therefore is presumably sleeping?), I wanted to consolidate my posts together.

(sorry for so many questions, but this should be the last set of questions regarding the OP videos)

----------------

Hey uh, on the subject of video thumbnails, is the first large "title.png" image for the Vita HF OP supposed to be an image of lancer?

I realize that only the Vita OPs have multiple large-sized images, but the initial images for the Vita Fate OP (Shirou) and Vita UBW OP (Rin) at least makes sense - when I saw lancer I thought it was a bug for a moment and was wondering if I really had the right thing.

(just to clarify, I wasn't planning on redoing the actual video streams for the Vita UBW OP and Vita HF OP, rather just the audio, but I'm not completely ruling out doing anything with the video stream itself)

--------

The large "title.png' images for both of the 2004 OPs (and only the 2004 OPs) have a white gradient border that isn't present in the actual videos themselves - do you want me to retain this aspect (it'd be very easy for me to add in such a gradient via something like Paint.NET), or do you want the screenshots to be as they are in the actual videos themselves without such a white gradient?

Also the resolution of the actual 2004 OPs is 960x720 but the existing "title.png" images are pillarboxed to 16:9, so do you want me to similarly pad these HD "title.png" images for the 2004 OPs to 1280x720?

And while I'm at it, do you want them to be in the same PNG format as the existing images, or in lossless WebP? (or perhaps PNG for the non-HD and WebP for the HD so as to match what we have for the rest of the art assets?)

--------

Speaking of image formats, the images (and only these images...at least in patch_op.xp3) "classic_op_fate_mini" and "classic_op_ubw_mini" are in 32bit BMP (presumably because they were ripped directly from the 2004 VN) which is something that tends to be difficult to actually create, so depending on your response to the previous question regarding PNG/WebP, is it OK if I instead provide my higher-quality equivalents (for both high and low res) in PNG and/or WebP rather than 32bit BMP?

And heck, what about image resolution (I mean, they're literally titled "mini") - are you sure you want me to use the full 1920x1080 (for the Vita Fat Fate OP that is) for the 'HD' version of those images?

--------

While I'm here I might as well cover the absolute last thing - the image "movie_menu_wide.png" in v0.9.1's patch_op.xp3 (located in the 'override' folder) is only 800x600 and an HD version doesn't seem to exist in "patch_hd"; does this mean it doesn't have an HD version at all and that you (yes you Quibi) should waifu2x it or something? (assuming you haven't done so already)
    Last edited by NM64; September 6th, 2019 at 02:30 AM. Reason: lol "fat"; should have been 'fate'