Page 45 of 143 FirstFirst ... 35404344454647505595 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Blog Entries
    Lancer being first intentional. This is how it is in the Vita.
    Regarding gradient - I'd like both versions (will probably use gradient in-game).
    Yes to pillar boxing.
    Webp for HD and png for SD.
    Even for mini I'd like a high resolution. I won't use it in game, but I'd like the highest resolution to keep as source for future changes.
    I already waifu'd all the missing assets for the next version.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I like how you skimmed over my timezone question.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Regarding gradient - I'd like both versions (will probably use gradient in-game).
    Do you need the gradient-less versions in both HD and SD, or only in their original "HD" resolution?

Either way I will likely make a folder named something like "classic OP images without gradient border" in the previously-mentioned lump-sum archive that will be separate from everything else.

Yes to pillar boxing.
    Opaque or transparent pillarboxing? (we are using images that support alpha channel after all)

For reference the existing images have opaque black pillarboxing.

Webp for HD and png for SD.

Even for mini I'd like a high resolution. I won't use it in game, but I'd like the highest resolution to keep as source for future changes
    Ok so just to confirm, SD should be the same resolution as the current versions while HD should be the original source resolution (with both being padded to 16:9 as necessary), correct?
    Last edited by NM64; September 6th, 2019 at 03:03 AM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    Gradientless for both versions - make it similar to the original version (you can also make an equal version, I can have a look at it...)
    Opaque.

Generally speaking, I'd like to have HD, SD and Original (assuming the original resolution is higher than that of the HD) version of each asset. The HD and SD will be used in-game, and original resolution is for reference purposes (and future altering of the image).

make it similar to the original version (you can also make an equal version, I can have a look at it...)
    I made a boo boo and it turns out the gradient is equal on all four sides. >_>;

I'd like to have HD, SD and Original (assuming the original resolution is higher than that of the HD)
    Uhhhhh, but AFAICT there isn't even an HD version currently which is also why I assumed that HD = original resolution...or at least such HD images do not exist in patch_op.xp3 (I also quickly checked "patch_hd.xp3" but, unless the file names for the images are different, then they would seem to not exist in there as well).

So in that case, then what resolution should I use for the HD version? Should it just be 1.6x the size of the currently-existing SD images like is the case for CGs and the like? (do note however that the 768x432, 604x88, and 612x88 resolutions used by the existing SD images do not evenly multiply by 1.6x!)

For reference, the original resolutions would be 1280x720 for classic, 1432x800 for PS2, 1920x1080 for Vita Fate, and either 960x544, 1280x720, 1920x1080, or 1920x1088 for Vita UBW and Vita HF (the status for making improved version of those latter two vita OPs is uncertain at this time).

Oh and uh, is it really correct that the "title_mini.png" images for the classic OPs are 8 pixels wider (612px) than those used for the PS2 and Vita OPs (604px)?

Blog Entries
    I meant you should make the HD images :P
    Just round off if it doesn't multiply. YOLO.
    And yes, the original OP thumbnails are a different size.

I meant you should make the HD images :P
    But what resolution?

I don't care if they don't exist and I have to make them, the issue is that it means I have no reference point in terms of what resolution to use.

Just round off if it doesn't multiply. YOLO.
    Does this mean I should indeed just multiply the existing SD resolution by 1.6x and use that for the HD images?

I also don't suppose it matters whether I round up, round down, or round to the nearest?

EDIT: Wait, should the original images also be pillarboxed?

And do you care whether the original images are in PNG or WebP?
    Last edited by NM64; September 6th, 2019 at 04:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yes, 1.6x the SD images size.
    Round however you want...
    Original in png is good.

Seems I made my most recent edit at the same time you were posting...

So let's try this again - should the original images also be pillarboxed or not?

(now that we've established that HD != original, this should be the final question for a while)

Blog Entries
    No need to pillarbox the original.

Question of just pure curiosity:

Why do we use PNG rather than WebP for SD images?

I understand that all the stock images are PNG and any of those we just use as-is, but what about newly created SD images? Is it something with just the way we have things implemented, or is having SD use PNG let us use it as a general fallback incase the HD is borked for a specific user (see: the "kag" errors) or they're trying to run the VN on an OS without the newest service pack?
    Last edited by NM64; September 6th, 2019 at 05:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah the code kinda relies on that. Maybe I'll find a better way to do it in the future, but not now.

Hi, does anyone know how to change the transparency of the textbox in game and make it completely invisible? That way, there's only text on top of the background cg, kinda like how it is in the prologue of Fate route.

Hey I looked closer at the "mini.png" images as well as how they behave in the VN itself and it turns out the size difference is because, when you click on said 'mini' thumbnails for the classic OPs in the VN, they "press in" like a button...but this does not occur for all the other OP thumbnails.

Assuming it works as I think it does (via a simple image-placement offset), it should be very easy for me to make the PS2 and Vita OP thumbnails also "push in" like it currently does for the classic OPs - would this be a desirable addition?

(this is of course assuming the VN isn't hard-coded to expect 604x88 resolution images for the non-classic OPs...though for all I know maybe it'd still work even if I used that resolution as well)

Maybe I'll find a better way to do it in the future, but not now.
    It'd probably make more sense to not do that until AVIF is a thing that's actually useful for our interests.

Blog Entries
    This is how the minis behave in RN PC so I think we can leave it as is.

This is how the minis behave in RN PC so I think we can leave it as is.
    Oh, didn't realize that.

...though the inconsistency kind of bothers me now that I've noticed it. (but then again, it's also inconsistent in terms of the gradient border, so...)

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Coming soon to macOS/Linux/Android/iOS/Nintendo Switch/PlayStation Vita:
    Hey, new guy here. Has there been any progress with this?

Quote Originally Posted by litex00 View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how to change the transparency of the textbox in game and make it completely invisible? That way, there's only text on top of the background cg, kinda like how it is in the prologue of Fate route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
    I personally can't help either of you two (hopefully someone else can), but I must ask and this is not a complaint - did this thread get linked somewhere recently?

I say this because that's now two new members making their first post in this very thread within 6 hours of each other. If this is the case, then it's kind of disappointing that the soon-to-be-released next version isn't out yet since I wouldn't be surprised if people don't manually check for updates on a regular basis if at all...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Though speaking of the actual process of updates, I had an idea several months back that maybe Quibi can comment on - perhaps silently check for updates any time the user runs Fate.exe? (emphasis on "silent" - if the server is unavilable or there's no internet connection, it should still be able to launch the VN like normal without the user being any the wiser)

My idea would be that, if an update is available, then it could present the user with a dialog box saying "Update available! Download latest version?" and two buttons with [Yes] and [Not now] as well as two check boxes that say "Don't ask again about this specific update" and "Never check for updates in the future" (both of which should always be unchecked by default, even if the user previously checked the "Don't ask again about this specific update" box); if an update is not available or there's no network connection then the VN would instead just launch like it normally does currently without any sort of dialog box.

(it'd also be great if the stored update settings for what check boxes have been checked is just an easy-to-access text/config file that is separate from the VN's own configuration and save data so that people can still manually change the update settings or just flat-out reset them by just deleting the config file)

Now obviously such an idea would itself require a new version to implement and any pre-existing installations wouldn't have the update notifier, but you've got to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I say this because that's now two new members making their first post in this very thread within 6 hours of each other. If this is the case, then it's kind of disappointing that the soon-to-be-released next version isn't out yet since I wouldn't be surprised if people don't manually check for updates on a regular basis if at all...
    That would almost be a non-issue for at least the tech savvy types if this site weren't using possibly the worst message board system ever conceived by mankind. And this is coming from someone who has been extensively using message board systems since the 90s.

Seriously, this crap is from 10 years ago (as for why there is a "Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc" at the bottom of the page... your guess is as good as mine [this version is from 2014 and is only a minor iterative update on a version from 2009, also note this is a paid, corporate run platform]) and has major, gaping security flaws that were widely known all the way back then and have never been fixed (the lack of SSL support for this site doesn't help that situation either).
    And that's just the tiny part that doesn't require extensive explanation, aside from the blanket "it's a buggy mess" statement.

The best I could even likely do at hacking together a half-baked script to do anything with any of this would practically have to rely on site-level Google search results to get any meaningfully organized data out. And I have countless scripts that build fully functional bots with very precise functions that have literally nothing to do with Twitter out of Twitter searches, as well as horribly malformed, nonstandard RSS feeds (the horrible RSS feed for these forums takes the cake though, I have to wonder why it even exists).

Okay, pointless venting over. Carry on.

Xerblade mad that the site tech is old reminds me of Era celebrating cause the site functions are way more up to date than back on Gaf

Quote Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
    Yes, there has been any progress with that.