Page 48 of 143 FirstFirst ... 38434647484950535898 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I see, I might have misunderstood your problem. I thought you mixed the old patch and this one.

Also, I plan to release the next patch within a month (give or take).
    I appreciate your willingness to help nonetheless :P

So for the macosx installation you would recommend I try leaving the faterealtanua_savedata folder empty and just let the installer take care of the patch files?
    Last edited by UrukHeir; September 24th, 2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added quote

The installer exe is not the game exe...... You don't need to place it in the game directory. You can run it from anywhere.
    I would've said the same, but the question wasn't asking whether it needed to be in the same directory, but whether it needed to be on the same virtual drive (since virtualizing Windows on Mac OS). Which is generally yes. Virtualized Windows on Mac is weird.

I see, I might have misunderstood your problem. I thought you mixed the old patch and this one.
    And yes, that was... a problem. When manually copying the patch files into the save folder, the files were mixed with the old patch files.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. The old "Macbooks are the best Windows laptops" saying that I still hear from time to time is a myth.

On Wine, you DO NOT need to copy files to your C drive; you should be able to just provide the paths in the Z drive (should be mounted as the Unix root filesystem).

If using a VM, you can provide UNC paths to network shares and it will work just fine.

Truly grateful for all the help. I ran the installer and got to 99% but was presented with this error message:

Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\users\\user\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\lav_filters\\a vcodec-lav-56.dll'

Below are some screenshots of my process:

1. Clicked "Run a .exe file on this virtual drive"
    2. Clicked the installer .exe and ran it

https://imgur.com/0yUkTZn
    https://imgur.com/H5BXvyO
    Last edited by UrukHeir; September 24th, 2019 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UrukHeir View Post
    Truly grateful for all the help. I ran the installer and got to 99% but was presented with this error message:

Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\users\\user\\Temp\\_MEI82\\xp\\lav_filters\\a vcodec-lav-56.dll'

Below are some screenshots of my process:

1. Clicked "Run a .exe file on this virtual drive"
    2. Clicked the installer .exe and ran it

https://imgur.com/0yUkTZn
    https://imgur.com/H5BXvyO
    Ah, yeah, that's a known bug.

All the files should be ready except for Fate.exe, so just use PyInstaller Extractor to extract out Fate.exe from the installation archive. This is fixed in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Ah, yeah, that's a known bug.

All the files should be ready except for Fate.exe, so just use PyInstaller Extractor to extract out Fate.exe from the installation archive. This is fixed in the next release.
    So I download this program and run it in the virtual drive I created?

When extracting do I extract the entire Fate folder I have there in the virtual C drive or just the fate.exe?

I know it might be better off waiting until you release the next patch but I’d still like to try

So I download this program and run it in the virtual drive I created?

When extracting do I extract the entire Fate folder I have there in the virtual C drive or just the fate.exe?

I know it might be better off waiting until you release the next patch but I’d still like to try
    Just extract out Fate.exe into the installation directory. You don't need to extract the rest of the files since they should be already there

Just extract out Fate.exe into the installation directory. You don't need to extract the rest of the files since they should be already there
    Just copy this script to the directory where my exe resides and run the script with the exe file name as a parameter

C:\path\to\exe\>python pyinstxtractor.py <filename>
    $ /path/to/exe/python pyinstxtractor.py <filename>

This being my first time using Pyinstaller Extractor, I have a couple questions (surprise! lol)
    • In my case, I replace filename with "fate.exe" then save the script file (pyinstxtractor.py)

• Copy the script file (pyinstxtractor.py) into the installation directory with fate.exe on my virtual drive

• How do I run the script on macosx?
    Last edited by UrukHeir; September 25th, 2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Format

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    As someone that wouldn't know how the heck to do this, is it not easier to instead just download "krkrz_20171225r2.7z" from the official krkrz release and extract out the "tvpwin32.exe" file and use that instead of Fate.exe for the time being?

...though I've no idea how this would impact the future "update notifier". Might be a good idea if you test that uyjulian.

I would imagine that it'd be much easier for people like us that aren't coding gurus to open and extract a plain old 7z archive.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    As someone that wouldn't know how the heck to do this, is it not easier to instead just download "krkrz_20171225r2.7z" from the official krkrz release and extract out the "tvpwin32.exe" file and use that instead of Fate.exe for the time being?
    Just download the 7z, extract the files and then place tvpwin32.exe into my virtual drive along with the rest of the game route folders?
    (C: -> Program Files -> Fate -> tvpwin32.exe) Open the game using tvpwin32.exe ?

Or are you suggesting to use PyInstaller Extractor to extract out tvpwin32.exe (instead of fate.exe) from the installation archive?

I would imagine that it'd be much easier for people like us that aren't coding gurus to open and extract a plain old 7z archive.
    This process has actually slightly educated me and peaked my interest on how a computer works, if nothing else lol

Just download the 7z, extract the files and then place tvpwin32.exe into my virtual drive along with the rest of the game route folders?
    (C: -> Program Files -> Fate -> tvpwin32.exe) Open the game using tvpwin32.exe ?

Or are you suggesting to use PyInstaller Extractor to extract out tvpwin32.exe (instead of fate.exe) from the installation archive?

This process has actually slightly educated me and peaked my interest on how a computer works, if nothing else lol
    Yeah just extract tvpwin32.exe from krkrz_20171225r2.7z to the Ultimate Edition (partially) installed directory then run it.

...though I've no idea how this would impact the future "update notifier". Might be a good idea if you test that uyjulian.
    The update notification system will not be affected.

Yeah just extract tvpwin32.exe from krkrz_20171225r2.7z to the Ultimate Edition (partially) installed directory then run it.
    Just for further clarification (bear with me), after running the Ultimate Edition installer I am going to move tvpwin32.exe into the Fate folder on my virtual drive and double click it (run the .exe)?

I don't need PyInstaller Extractor anymore?

Just for further clarification (bear with me), after running the Ultimate Edition installer I am going to move tvpwin32.exe into the Fate folder on my virtual drive and double click it (run the .exe)?

I don't need PyInstaller Extractor anymore?
    Correct.

Okay, so I decided to actually check this VN out. Would this be considered a great release to check? Like no censorship (h-scenes, translation etc.) and all that?

Quote Originally Posted by ghoulrus View Post
    Okay, so I decided to actually check this VN out. Would this be considered a great release to check? Like no censorship (h-scenes, translation etc.) and all that?
    Yes.

Can someone help me with installation? Maybe I messed up somewhere along the way or misunderstood something but I downloaded all 3 parts and ran the installation. The ultimate edition folder only contains the xp3 files for the patches and the patches json. Am i supposed to run the installation in a specific folder? I ran the installation multiple times and im getting nowhere with that. Maybe its a problem with my copy of realta nua? I'm not sure, I'm totally lost. Sorry and thanks.

edit: FYI im doing this on windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by bluebuddha007 View Post
    Can someone help me with installation? Maybe I messed up somewhere along the way or misunderstood something but I downloaded all 3 parts and ran the installation. The ultimate edition folder only contains the xp3 files for the patches and the patches json. Am i supposed to run the installation in a specific folder? I ran the installation multiple times and im getting nowhere with that. Maybe its a problem with my copy of realta nua? I'm not sure, I'm totally lost. Sorry and thanks.

edit: FYI im doing this on windows 10
    What do you mean by "I ran the installation multiple times and im getting nowhere with that." ?

I ran the installation exe for the ultimate edition multiple times hoping that i might have just missed something or messed up a directory, but I still have almost nothing inside the ultimate edition folder.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebuddha007 View Post
    I ran the installation exe for the ultimate edition multiple times hoping that i might have just missed something or messed up a directory, but I still have almost nothing inside the ultimate edition folder.
    Did you check any of these?

Yeah I checked all of them. I wonder if its a problem with my copy of the game, I'm going to find another source and try that. (I made sure it was the right version as well)

Edit: So I ran the Ultimate Edition installation again with a new copy of the game and got "Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'D:\\Program Files (x86)\\fatestaynight2\\Fate/stay night[Realta Nua] -Fate-\\data.xp3'" So i'm assuming that version is missing some stuff, should I try and find a third, different copy of the game?

Edit 2: Alright I think I got it working, i just took the data.xp3 files from another copy from the game and used that. Thanks for giving me your time guys.
    Last edited by bluebuddha007; October 13th, 2019 at 12:50 PM.