Page 50 of 143 FirstFirst ... 404548495051525560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Any file format supported by ffmpeg will work with the mpv backend. You can force the mpv backend with the "-videosubsystem=mpv" command line argument.
    Great to know, but that's not exactly going to be a working solution for what I was attempted to do - replace the existing MP4 video files with better-quality versions for use in the upcoming v0.9.2 (v0.9.3?).

EDIT: fun fact, in the PS2 OPs for Fate and HF, there's a single black frame between the close-up of Rider's face and Ryuudou temple; this black frame does not exist in the PS2 UBW OP though implying that it's a mistake, especially since the frame that the PS2 UBW OP uses instead is another unique frame of Rider (and yes, this exists in not only the stock non-HD MPG OP videos bundled with RN PC but also in the Type Moon Fes. blu-ray and therefore the existing HD OPs used in "ultimate edition").

So one of several improvements in my better-quality OP versions is taking that face close-up Rider scene without the black frame from the PS2 UBW OP and using it in place of the same scenes in the PS2 Fate and HF OPs.

(and now that I've brought your attention to said black frame, you'll never be able to un-see the flicker of said black frame ever again. Good thing I've fixed it then! )

EDIT 2: Hey Jack, if by some chance you read this (seems unlikely since he hasn't logged in for over a month...), I just want to let you know that I'm not touching the UBW and HF vita OPs (outside of their audio) since they pretty much need a color expert or something in order to turn the Vita-ripped OPs into looking like the Blu-ray and mobile-ripped OPs (whenever I got one scene looking really close, then another scene would still look incorrect...and then correcting said scene would result in the first scene looking wrong! oy vey).

I may revisit them in the future, but as of right now my current method results in way too much variability between scenes, and I'm not OCD enough to go through every single scene individually and color-correct each one separately - that'd take way too much time and effort for me to care enough to do it.
    Last edited by NM64; October 16th, 2019 at 11:43 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I know, but to me it sounded like the joke was basing its punchline on the idea that 3:2 and 16:10 aspect ratios are only used by older and/or lower-end devices.

...which itself is a bit of an odd one considering that "ultimate edition" isn't exactly demanding in terms of hardware requirements - the most demanding thing is the 1080p Vita Fate OP which itself can be software decoded on the likes of a 2GHz Core 2 Duo in a 2007-era laptop (which, fun fact, is also almost certainly going to be using one of those 16:10 ratio displays); but even the likes of an early 2000s single core CPU should be fine as long as you avoid the OP videos and/or use a much newer GPU with AVC hardware decoding (though an Athlon 64 or a higher-clocked Athlon XP and/or Pentium 4 could probably pull off software decoding all the other OP videos other than the Vita Fate OP).
    Nah I wasn't intending to imply anything, was just joking around. More or less saying I'm still here just not very constructively.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

In the future, I may implement an OpenGL based DrawDevice so that mpv can play inline instead of a separate window.

Shoot, maybe then we could even just play back the OGG Theora iOS/Android OP video files as-is without any re-encoding?

(I'm still a bit annoyed that they used Theora rather than at least VP8...)

Anyway, hopefully Quibi doesn't randomly decide to release the next version within 24 hours from now, because I've got all the OP videos encoded (save for UBW and HF vita OPs since I'm re-using the video streams of the versions we're already using) and now I just need to get the audio sorted including doing two listening tests to see what lossless source is higher quality for the classic and PS2 OPs - the blu-ray or the OST.

Problem is, the weather where I live decided to get crazy windy in the last few hours and it's predicted to stay crazy windy for the next 18 hours.

Blog Entries
    Adding support for more video formats is kind of a pain.Opus is already supported cause we have a plugin for that we used in HA. Although I don't know if it's audio stream exclusive...

I'll wait for your videos for release (unless you decide it's not worth it). But I might send you a new version to play with soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Adding support for more video formats is kind of a pain.
    TBH I'd be more interested in more video containers (like MKV) than more actual video codecs, especially if those containers would let us then use other audio codecs that "ultimate edition" already supports for non-video (like Vorbis).

Opus is already supported cause we have a plugin for that we used in HA. Although I don't know if it's audio stream exclusive...
    Opus is one of those formats that also has official support for MP4 containers...but none of the three programs I use can mux nor create Opus into an MP4, so I can't test it.

Which is unfortunate because, if it did work, then I might not have to do a listening test at all since I'd likely want to use Opus + the Blu-ray audio since Opus doesn't support 44.1KHz and the Blu-ray audio is in 48KHz which would let me avoid the issue of resampling.

Speaking of listening tests, I should probably humor myself and see if transcoding the iOS/Android bgm51 to AAC makes it sound worse than the lossless-yet-worse-dynamic-range versions encoded to AAC.

I'll wait for your videos for release (unless you decide it's not worth it).
    Pfft not worth it? If I didn't care about declipping the audio and stuff I could upload the OP videos right now.

Encoding from the Blu-ray rips into AAC audio and volume-leveling them is really easy and I've actually already done that and the declipping process for the Vita Fate OP (though I've yet to combine the newly-encoded AAC audio with my encoded AVC video stream, but that takes all of like a minute).

Amusingly I only just noticed right now that the lyrics for the UBW Vita OP is actually a different verse than what is used for the Fate Vita OP (I've known for a while that the song is musically different instrument-wise, but never noticed there was a lyrical difference as well).
    Last edited by NM64; October 17th, 2019 at 02:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I meant container as well... Still a pain. Unless anon or Jul wanna tackle this.

So interesting thing - for the classic 2004 OPs, the blu-ray audio is higher quality than the 2004 OST. However, for the PS2 OPs, the actual PS2 OST is higher quality than the blu-ray.

(fun fact: this means the PS2 OPs will actually have an audio sampling rate of 44.1KHz like all the music tracks in the VN rather than the 48KHz used by the classic and vita OPs as well as the stock non-HD and currently-used HD OPs).

However, there's a niggle - the PS2 OP sound effects.

In the stock non-HD PS2 OPs used in RN PC, there are no sound effects at the beginning of each OP.

In the HD PS2 OPs we currently use in ultimate edition which were seemingly taken from the blu-ray, they do have sound effects at the beginning of each OP.

If I were to go with the PS2 OST copy of the background music, then that would force our hand to have no sound effects like exists for the stock RN PC non-HD PS2 OPs. Is this OK, or would you and/or Jack throw a fit?

Yeah I meant container as well... Still a pain. Unless anon or Jul wanna tackle this.
    Well an alternative would be supporting vorbis audio in an MP4 container since we already support both, but just not together. And you could do the same for Opus and perhaps even LPCM in an MP4 container as well since we also apparently support those formats too.

However, you'd then also need to figure out how to actually mux Vorbis, Opus, and LPCM into an MP4... transcoding the audio would be fine for Opus and LPCM, but we'd need a direct stream copy for Vorbis or else one might as well just use AAC.

Oh and speaking of music, I don't know if I ever asked this, but for v0.9.2 (or will it be called v0.9.3?), if the user is in the middle of the epilogue for last episode and they toggle the "disable auto-read" setting, will it apply and take effect right then and there without having to start last episode over and/or reload a save from before the epilogue?

I ask because I could totally see the user getting to the epilogue and being all like "nope, way too fast. gotta turn off that auto-read".

Blog Entries
    I'm not going to work on supporting any more formats.
    "disable auto-read" doesn't work after it already started. No plan to support this either.

Can't you just mux the sound effects? Are those SE part of the game's SE?

Well an alternative would be supporting vorbis audio in an MP4 container since we already support both, but just not together. And you could do the same for Opus and perhaps even LPCM in an MP4 container as well since we also apparently support those formats too.

However, you'd then also need to figure out how to actually mux Vorbis, Opus, and LPCM into an MP4... transcoding the audio would be fine for Opus and LPCM, but we'd need a direct stream copy for Vorbis or else one might as well just use AAC.

Just mux into an mkv and rename the file extension to mp4 /s

I'm going to see if I can get PollDrawDeviceGLCore and VideoOverlayMpv working in the next three days...

Here is an example of a DrawDevice plugin compatible with krkr2 and krkrz: https://github.com/krkrz/DrawDeviceForSteam

Are those SE part of the game's SE?
    The sound effects are directly part of the audio track in OP videos themselves.

You can see this for yourself by comparing the stock non-HD .MPG videos in "video.xp3" against the existing HD .MP4 PS2 videos in "patch_op.xp3" - just play the according video file in your favorite media player.

So yeah, what do you want me to do? I won't cry if you want me to use the version with sound effects, but I just wanted to make it clear that said audio track is lower quality (though it's questionable whether sane people would actually hear a difference).

I'm going to see if I can get PollDrawDeviceGLCore and VideoOverlayMpv working in the next three days...
    If Quibi really does want to have the sound effects for the PS2 OPs, then honestly you don't have to bother since the main benefit was allowing us to use iOS/Android's bgm51 for the PS2 OP music (but bgm51 lacks said sound effects).

It'll technically let us use things like Opus as well, but that's of considerably more minimal benefit since, other than the bgm51 thing, we'd be encoding from lossless sources anyway...though the likes of FLAC or WAV would let us modify lossy sourced waveforms without quality reduction.

Blog Entries
    Just make it, we'll decide later.

Just make it, we'll decide later.
    I can make both. It's really quite easy and quick to do.

EDIT: FYI, I've not been sitting around doing nothing - I've actually completely finished the Vita OPs already and am currently finishing the classic OPs as we speak; I figured with my slow upload that it'd be better if I uploaded them as I go rather than all at once so that I won't be waiting forever. For this reason I might actually have all the OPs finished in just a couple hours from now - perhaps before whenever you log off for the day at ~8pm to 10pm UTC?

EDIT 2: Classic OPs done, now uploading while I go eat. Declipping PS2 audio will come next once I'm done eating.
    Last edited by NM64; October 18th, 2019 at 02:49 PM.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am using the ultimate edition and when the prologue end it goes to a white screen and that's it, it doesnt go to the main menu instead theres just a white screen. I checked if some decoders where disabled but that wasnt the case, is there any fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotABot4Now View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am using the ultimate edition and when the prologue end it goes to a white screen and that's it, it doesnt go to the main menu instead theres just a white screen. I checked if some decoders where disabled but that wasnt the case, is there any fix for this?
    Select this option.

The OP videos and their audio are FINALLY done! Bloody nora...

Quibi, check your PM for a download link (or two).

And FYI, you got your PS2 OP sound effects after all since I was able to take the beginning with sound effects from the Blu-ray and combine it with the vocals and rest of the song from the OST (if you care to know all the details, then read the spoiler-hidden OP-related ramblings below).

my OP-related ramblings while waiting for them to upload

So because the sound effects only occur at the beginning before the vocals, and because it's said vocals that are the main thing that sound better in the PS2 OST version, I realized that I can just take the beginning of the blu-ray audio and stick it in-place of the same beginning portion of the PS2 OST version. And luckily there isn't really any noticeable change in audio quality going from one part to the other because that part in the song not only has the vocals kick in but is also musically different from the begging which is a major relief for me because that's a big reason why I don't like combining different parts of different versions of the same song together - you can usually tell when it changes from one version to the other.

Now I would have had this done around 10 hours ago, but I'm too OCD to ignore that these intros also have different volume levels relative to the rest of the song, so not only did I need to preserve that difference even between the different versions, but the fact I was declipping their waveforms as well meant that I had to do a decent amount of trail and error - even more-so when one considers that the Blu-ray audio was declipping in nearly the exact opposite manner of the OST (the Blu-ray would just keep being able to keep declipping with more and more dB thresholds until you got static audio artifacts; the PS2 OST version instead declipped nearly just as well with minimal dB thresholds as it did with large dB thresholds and hit major diminishing returns very quickly).

Now to clarify, this sort of trial-and-error take much less time when it's a single-sourced waveform that has the same amount of declipping settings and stuff for the entire waveform, and said trial-and-error wouldn't be required if I was just leaving the volume levels be whatever, but a big reason I started doing all this OP stuff in the first place was to whip the audio levels of the OPs into shape and not have one OP be noticeably louder and/or quieter than the other or vs the VN's own background music, and I'm happy to say that I've managed to do just that!

And did I mention that I also discovered that I unknowingly made a boo-boo for the audio on both classic 2004 OPs? Yeah... so after a bit of a listening test to confirm that I wasn't in fact crazy, I had to quickly re-do their audio with corrected settings and then re-upload the videos.

Oh, and in the process of reviewing what I put for my declipping notes in the metadata, I realized I somehow derped up and stripped out said metadata for the bgm70 I provided a few weeks back, so I've also uploaded an updated version of that which I also ran through a bit of minor declipping while I was at it (as it too is from the PS2 OST, it behaved the same way in that it only needed a minimal dB threshold).

So yeah, now I just have to wait for the stuff to upload which is why I'm sitting here typing up one of my typical lengthy posts because I've not much better to do currently, and I really want to deliver these goods so we can get this next version out ASAP.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Could we please not delay the next version any more than it has been already?

I would really appreciate it if you keep this for the next version after whatever version is to be released any moment now, especially as I now have minimal need to use vorbis audio since we determined that having the PS2 OP's sound effects was preferred (and, as I mentioned, said sound effects aren't present in the vorbis copy of the PS2 OP song).

Additionally, it would mean that I wouldn't be able to help myself but want to then re-encode the OP's audio tracks into Opus...and then I'd probably question whether resampling to 48KHz + Opus is higher quality than 44.1KHz + AAC, and then I'd have to do more listening tests...

Seriously, there's extremely minimal benefit at this point, and I would think your efforts would be much more valuable being put towards getting this upcoming-for-months-now version actually out the door.

I'd also like to re-state that I'd really like to see TannerOfTheNorth upgrade to the new version before he reaches the final battle in HF, and if my last few attempts at contacting him are any indication, then it's extremely possible that even once the new version is out he won't actually get the memo right away unless he reads it for himself on Reddit.

Speaking of memo and Reddit, with Jack doing his usual MIA stuff, who's going to make the new thread about the new version?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotABot4Now View Post
    In addition to what uyjulian posted, I believe that this elusive next version that was supposed to be out 2 months ago may fix that issue.

...maybe. Don't quote me on this. Jack of uyjulian want to confirm/refute?

Also it'd be great if someone added a mention of the work-around that uyjulian mentioned to the "Common errors and solutions" in the first post, but I'm unsure how realistic that is because, you know Jack!

...unless, as I mentioned, the next version fixes it, in which case nevermind?

Could we please not delay the next version any more than it has been already?

I would really appreciate it if you keep this for the next version after whatever version is to be released any moment now, especially as I now have minimal need to use vorbis audio since we determined that having the PS2 OP's sound effects was preferred (and, as I mentioned, said sound effects aren't present in the vorbis copy of the PS2 OP song).

Additionally, it would mean that I wouldn't be able to help myself but want to then re-encode the OP's audio tracks into Opus...and then I'd probably question whether resampling to 48KHz + Opus is higher quality than 44.1KHz + AAC, and then I'd have to do more listening tests...

Seriously, there's extremely minimal benefit at this point, and I would think your efforts would be much more valuable being put towards getting this upcoming-for-months-now version actually out the door.
    Sure. I wasn't planning on starting it anyway, because I found a better way (using the new Canvas OpenGL functions), but that will take me a while to finish.
    In the meantime, I'll just land fixes for the existing mpv playback (setting HWND as parent and correct input.conf).

In addition to what uyjulian posted, I believe that this elusive next version that was supposed to be out 2 months ago may fix that issue.

...maybe. Don't quote me on this. Jack of uyjulian want to confirm/refute?
    Next version should fix it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Nintendo, I've updated everything.
    I think there's nothing really stopping from releasing the next version. I'll compile a beta early next week.

I'll compile a beta early next week.
    Quick question regarding the OP thumbnail images that I didn't finish - would they be drop-in replacements that require no extra coding (that is, they'd "just work") much like the MP4 OP videos themselves, or would it require you to do something on your side of things? (outside of just replacing and adding the files of course )

As I mentioned previously, I haven't a clue how long they'd take to finish, so if by some chance it only takes a day or so of work for me, would implementing them cause farther delay or not?

Errors installing

so ive been trying to install it for a bit now and everything i try isnt working. i downloaded the 64 bit installer, as i have a 64 bit operating system, and then i make the folders for it to install to. the issue is that the first time i try installing it it gives me an error message: " Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Fate/stay night[Realta Nua] -Fate-\\bgimage.xp3'" then after that i try to run the installer again and it doesnt download anything and says it installed successfully but theres no files in the folders except the patches i selected the first time. theres no .exe or anything.