Page 55 of 143 FirstFirst ... 5455053545556576065105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post

Oh that's right, because HA has no natively high-res art assets, then this would actually be one of the best use-cases where just-in-time waifu2x upscaling would make sense!

BTW, does this mean it'll support 2x scaling and not just the 1.6x scaling used in "ultimate edition'?
    Yes, 2x scaling will be supported, and so will 4x, 8x, 16x, etc.
    The higher the scaling multiplier, the slower the loading speed and the more GPU memory used.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; November 5th, 2019 at 05:08 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    and so will 4x, 8x, 16x, etc.
    ...uhhh, so what would 4x or the like be - simply doing two rounds of waifu2x? (that is, waifu2x'ing an already-waifu2x'd image)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

...uhhh, so what would 4x or the like be - simply doing two rounds of waifu2x? (that is, waifu2x'ing an already-waifu2x'd image)
    Correct.

Blog Entries
    Excuse you even the current HD version supports arbitrary upscaling...

Erm, Quibi:

Quibi has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

And regarding your most recent PM, I get the exact same result with the same text and all regardless of whether I'm logged in or not which is why I'm pretty certain that I'm not banned.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Excuse you even the current HD version supports arbitrary upscaling...
    I was specifically referring to the GLSL waifu2x implementation...

FFV1 RGB masters are up at the same MEGA link as before: ******************#F!M0I32CRL!gv7HnAbifSckC6RZWCZNpQ

If you are looking for BDMV, this might help you:

MU輸入NzbJDg1Gjr

If you are looking for BDMV, this might help you:

MU輸入NzbJDg1Gjr
    I've no idea how to decode that "clue", but question - does this have anything at all to do with Type Moon Fes?

Basically I'm just thinking about how we're stuck with 720p 30fps or 1080p 24fps versions of some of the OPs that were originally 30fps, and we previously have been unable to source 1080p 30fps versions.

I've no idea how to decode that "clue", but question - does this have anything at all to do with Type Moon Fes?

Basically I'm just thinking about how we're stuck with 720p 30fps or 1080p 24fps versions of some of the OPs that were originally 30fps, and we previously have been unable to source 1080p 30fps versions.
    Yes

Yes
    Well then, I don't suppose it involves anything with 1080p 30fps classic OPs?

If so, then think you can shoot me a PM with a more blatant explanation on what to do?

EDIT: Speaking of 30fps OPs, I just realized that I never finished getting everything from the 720p 30fps source and only did that for the 1080p 24fps source, and by now it seems like the 720p 30fps source may be dead.

(fyi the 720p 30fps source is by QTS while the 1080p 24fps source is by ANK-Raws)
    Last edited by NM64; November 6th, 2019 at 10:28 PM.

Well then, I don't suppose it involves anything with 1080p 30fps classic OPs?

If so, then think you can shoot me a PM with a more blatant explanation on what to do?

EDIT: Speaking of 30fps OPs, I just realized that I never finished getting everything from the 720p 30fps source and only did that for the 1080p 24fps source, and by now it seems like the 720p 30fps source may be dead.

(fyi the 720p 30fps source is by QTS while the 1080p 24fps source is by ANK-Raws)
    I'm already doing it.

It's going to take a while.

I'm already doing it.
    Well bloody nora, I don't know why I never thought to check on Share or the like since I've done that in the past.

Good luck in your endeavors then! And if by some chance the files are identical to the giant blu-ray data rip torrent that never had any seeders (the one also titled with "BMDV" but also "ebola"), then this is your chance to be the first seeder for said torrent.

And to clarify, I'm not actually all that fond of doing video stuff - it's just that I felt like nobody else was available during this last few months, so it became a case of "if you want something to get done at all then you've got to do it yourself".

I mean, video isn't really my expertise anyway as evidenced by the fact that it's the more technical side that I was knowledgeable in (hence why I was able to discover the color range issue and the according "silver bullet" solution - it was a technical issue/solution, not a visual one), but even in that department someone like SmilingWolf is likely to be on completely another level in terms of technical video-related stuff.

Do the H Scenes not have voice acting? Its not a problem I was just wondering as it feels weird without the voices

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotABot4Now View Post
    Do the H Scenes not have voice acting? Its not a problem I was just wondering as it feels weird without the voices
    no

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotABot4Now View Post
    The H scenes are a relic of the oldest of the old versions of the VN, back before it got a remake with voice acting. They have been unofficially patched into this newer version, but they have never officially been included in a voiced version of the VN.

tl;dr only use the following Vita UBW and Vita HF MP4s:

----------------

Good thing I recruited SmilingWolf to waifu2x and encode those Vita UBW and Vita HF OPs, because while making placebo encodes I discovered that the RGB to YUV color range conversion process for the non-waifu2x vita-ripped 960x544 re-encodes that I had previously made (that is, not the versions that simply applied the "fullrange" color metadata and nothing else) was actually somewhat wrong and/or inaccurate.

And since this only applies to RGB->YUV colorspace conversion, this means that the OPs other than Vita UBW and Vita HF all have the correct colors that I intended for them which is a big reason why that issue went unnoticed in the first place.

So yeah, don't use those 960x544 transcodes that I previously made, and in fact they should probably be deleted altogether. You hear me Jack?

(Kind of amusing how my previous post just was talking about how video stuffs isn't really my forte, and this just proves it)

----------------

So to clarify, my encoding process was lossy-YUV(source) --to-> lossless-RGB(edited) --to-> lossy-YUV(final) because I could encode to lossless-RGB in all of like a minute, but the final lossy-YUV encode took like an hour so I couldn't just do it whenever, therefore I used the lossless-RGB as a way to just have everything already with the according edits and stuff ready for the final encode.

Having lossless copies also meant I could take screencaps of the highest quality possible which was particularly important since, as I mentioned previously, I ended up waifu2x'ing the HD title images for Vita UBW and Vita HF (which is how I discovered that they waifu2x very well). And because the screencaps were taken from the lossless-RGB video, it means that said screencaps also have the correct colors and is additionally probably a big reason why I didn't notice the RGB->YUV colorspace conversion issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, remember when I said that I really started getting deep into all of this video and thumbnail stuff around month ago when the summer weather (20c+/70f+) finally went away so that I could crank my PC's CPU speed up to its full 4.6GHz? Well it's a month later and not only am I now having to wear a sweatshirt over a long sleeved shirt, but there's snow on the ground.

"The next version is pretty much ready" my foot...you sure you're not just stringing me along here because you find it amusing? :t

(I'm only ranting about this because I move my PC out of my bedroom and into the guest room during summer in order to keep my bedroom's temperatures cooler, but in winter I like having my PC in my bedroom to keep temperatures warmer - but I wasn't going to move things back until this next version released because I use a very low-powered and more accurately-colored LCD as my only display when in the guest room yet I use my good ol' trusty CRT monitor as my primary display in a dual-monitor setup when in my bedroom, and properly positioning the LCD in my bedroom along-side the CRT while still retaining said accurate colors because of viewing angles isn't really possible without it flat-out blocking the CRT which defeats the purpose of the dual-monitor setup I typically use in my bedroom)

Blog Entries
    Honestly you got me confused.
    Can I get links to:
    1) non-waifu'd best version of OPs
    2) waifu'd best version of OPs
    3) explanation of what is the source of (1) and (2), and what kind of processing those sources went through.

Yes I know "you posted them before", but I just want a succinct post (or PM) with those links.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Quibi; November 9th, 2019 at 07:31 AM.

So when I first use the installer everything work as intended, I can change my aspect ration and resolution etc. However, when I decided to replay and reinstall the game the installer it no longer work as intended. So when I first use the installer the merge patch option is grayed out and mandatory and I have the option to select file path and download the patches. The second I use the installer the merged patch option is no longer grayed out and the installer shows update instead how download for the patches and I can no longer choose my file path. Anyone know's how to resolve this issue? Thank you in advance.

Can I get links to:
    1) non-waifu'd best version of OPs
    I linked them in my last post already...: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post3022034

2) waifu'd best version of OPs
    It's in that same MEGA link that I keep sending you: ******************#F!6PRWACqb!oXrEhAyrMcY8yu6uFPvgQQ

(Have you not noticed that I've been using the exact same MEGA link every single time? Whenever I update an OP I simply delete the old file in that MEGA folder and then upload a replacement to the same location as well as update the according checksum files)

There's only one usable version of the waifu2x'd OPs currently, and those are in fact most recent MP4s I just sent you a PM about a couple days ago...which are the ones in that MEGA link - you know, the ones that are just repackaged versions of SmilingWolf's x264 encodes.

explanation of what is the source of (1) and (2), and what kind of processing those sources went through
    1 is a direct rip from the Vita's data files with no alteration whatsoever. The only difference is the addition of various metadata as well as the "fullrange" color flag (which itself is effectively metadata), but none of that actually alters the video stream and therefore it's effectively lossless.

2 is just SmilingWolf's x264 waifu2x'd encodes repackaged into an MP4. Again, the only difference is the addition of various metadata, but I've also altered the audio volume for the Vita HF OP in order to make it more in-line with the volume of the other OPs (the volume for Vita UBW was fine), but this obviously doesn't impact the actual video stream itself which is what you're interested in.

Blog Entries
    What was bad about the color corrected version? Or looked good to me...
    So should we included the waifud ops or the normal ones? I know some people don't like upscaled encodings, but seeing as it's waifud it's probably a lot better than any anything else anyone will be using anyway...