Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3171767980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1683

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition

  1. #1601
    If you didn't register the LAVSplitter, LAVVideo, LAVAudio with regsvr32, you may have issues.
    Running the game with command line argument "-videosubsystem=krdslavf" in an incorrect configuration will show more information about the error.

  2. #1602
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    If the option is not available in the menu, you didn't install the 1.0.0 beta correctly.
    You can verify this by going to Help->About…

    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Wait, let me guess - you didn't delete the existing savadata folder that was in the google drive download, did you?

    Now technically I've no idea if that would make a difference or not for the movies, but I know that v1.0 sets the default quality and window size to be the same as non-ultimate edition (this is just for the default; it still included the settings for "high" quality and what-not). This is why I also recommend deleting the savedata folder that is included with the google drive download (not to mention the thing about it having the H-content enabled which you should do something about if you don't want that stuff).

    Also you're aware the visual novel predates all anime adaptations, right? The VN is from 2004, and the first anime adaptation was in 2006.

    Thanks for replying guys. Gawd I'm suffering from smol brain you are right, I didn't drag those patches over properly it was saying 0.9 when I checked under About. Made sure I moved over v1.0 patches by marking them red and sure enough was the .mpv option to play video. Movies did crash in the story (after first Saber appearence) but I can replay them in the Extra menu. DDD I'm old, I can handle and am somewhat curious about the H-scenes lmao.

    Yes I'm aware the VN predates the anime... Since I saw the prologue before in the 3 fate.exes version I assumed the scenes/movies were patched in or added later. I wasn't under the impression that the very first original VN had these anime scenes... I figured after they made the first FSN anime they added it in subsequent updates or ports for mobile or PSP or whatever. :v

    Thank you for all your help and still spreading this VN in 2020. ;~;

    EDIT: GaaaaHHH got a problem after this scene, crashing with video enabled or skipped option:
    https://imgur.com/VNPnzNx
    Last edited by Alik; May 30th, 2020 at 11:15 PM.

  3. #1603
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Thanks for replying guys. Gawd I'm suffering from smol brain you are right, I didn't drag those patches over properly it was saying 0.9 when I checked under About. Made sure I moved over v1.0 patches by marking them red and sure enough was the .mpv option to play video. Movies did crash in the story (after first Saber appearence) but I can replay them in the Extra menu. DDD I'm old, I can handle and am somewhat curious about the H-scenes lmao.

    Yes I'm aware the VN predates the anime... Since I saw the prologue before in the 3 fate.exes version I assumed the scenes/movies were patched in or added later. I wasn't under the impression that the very first original VN had these anime scenes... I figured after they made the first FSN anime they added it in subsequent updates or ports for mobile or PSP or whatever. :v

    Thank you for all your help and still spreading this VN in 2020. ;~;

    EDIT: GaaaaHHH got a problem after this scene, crashing with video enabled or skipped option:
    https://imgur.com/VNPnzNx

    You need to start from the beginning on the title screen.

    You can skip scenes quickly. You can do this for scenes that you have already seen.

    To skip text, hold the Ctrl key.

    (This issue has been fixed and will be in a future release)

  4. #1604
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    I wasn't under the impression that the very first original VN had these anime scenes... I figured after they made the first FSN anime they added it in subsequent updates or ports for mobile or PSP or whatever. :v
    It's more complicated than that.


    If you go into the Extra menu, you'll see different OPs. The non-widescreen ones are from the original 2004 non-Realta Nua PC VN; these were animated by Tatsunoko Production.

    The widescreen ones that all use the same song titled "Golden Glow" as is listed in the 'Music' menu and has sound effects in the beginning parts (the Fate route OP starts with Saber going along the roof-tops) - these are the OPs from the PS2 and PC "Realta Nua" releases; these were animated by Studio Deen (they did the 2006 anime series adaptation and the 2010 Unlimited Blade Works movie).

    The widescreen OPs that do not fall into the category above and just generally looks like it has higher quality anime animation (the Fate route OP starts with a boat and then eventually Shirou in the school rooftop) are the OPs from the Vita and iOS/Android "Realta Nua" releases; these were animated by Ufotable (they did the 2014 Unlimited Blade Works anime series adaptation and the Heaven's Feel movie trilogy).


    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    EDIT: GaaaaHHH got a problem after this scene, crashing with video enabled or skipped option:
    https://imgur.com/VNPnzNx
    This is partly related to the savedata folder thing that was included in the google drive archive that I had mentioned and is also why it was a good idea to delete it.

    Basically, when you're starting with a fresh play (read?)-through and the existing savedata was created using an older version, it's always safer to just delete any and all old save data.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  5. #1605
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    You need to start from the beginning on the title screen.

    You can skip scenes quickly. You can do this for scenes that you have already seen.

    To skip text, hold the Ctrl key.

    (This issue has been fixed and will be in a future release)
    uyjulian you coming through clutch thank you my guy!!!

  6. #1606
    屍食鬼 Ghoul lesik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Age
    31
    Posts
    39
    Hello guys! I have a question!
    What's meaning of this line "消去の中に退去、退去の陣を四つ刻んで召喚の陣で囲む" in summoning ritual?
    Esspecialy this 消去 and this 退去.

  7. #1607
    Quote Originally Posted by lesik View Post
    Hello guys! I have a question!
    What's meaning of this line "消去の中に退去、退去の陣を四つ刻んで召喚の陣で囲む" in summoning ritual?
    Esspecialy this 消去 and this 退去.
    Withdrawal within elimination, engrave four areas and surround with the summoning circle…

  8. #1608
    屍食鬼 Ghoul lesik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Age
    31
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Withdrawal within elimination, engrave four areas and surround with the summoning circle…
    not translation, but meaning of words. What's mean "Withdrawal within elimination"? and what's a four areas?

  9. #1609
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    33,985
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by lesik View Post
    Hello guys! I have a question!
    What's meaning of this line "消去の中に退去、退去の陣を四つ刻んで召喚の陣で囲む" in summoning ritual?
    Esspecialy this 消去 and this 退去.
    It describes the summoning circle. Translation might be different but the japanese is the same. Canon's apo translation is more accurate than the Zero one.
    Waver’s nerves were held extremely taut the entire day due to the incessant crowing of the chickens, so much so that a ritual of purification of the mind was needed before the conduction.

    The shape of the magic circle has to be drawn on the ground while the dripping chicken blood was still warm. He had practiced the procedure many times, drawing the four encircling patterns of departure within erasure inside the summoning circle.
    Once the sun had set and the curtains of night descended upon the city, Shishigou got to work straight away. To start with, he laid out a bounded field around the graveyard to turn people away; the ritual for the field was not very complex, as it only needed to hold until the summoning was complete.

    Next, using a chalk distilled from the dusted bones and blood of magi, he drew a magic ward: a ring of purification carved around a ring of four purging circles, surrounding a ward of summoning. In the center, he placed a crystal ball. It was an all-or-nothing ritual, but Shishigou nodded in satisfaction at the quality of his work.

    The only things left now are the the catalyst to be offered and the incantation for the spell. At first glance, this may appear all too simple for a ritual meant to evoke a Heroic Spirit. However, as the Master is nothing more than the string which ties the Grail and the Servant together, this will not prove to be a problem.


    The outer circle is the 消去 = purification circle
    The four circles after that are 退去 = purging circles
    The circle around the star is the actual summoning circle.
    And the circle in the middle is known as the "crystal ball"

    My guess about the functions
    The crystal ball circle contacts the Greater Grail
    The summoning circle tells the Greater Grail to summon the Servant.
    The 退去 circles makes the Servant appear at this place
    the 消去 circle is to protect the summoner against failures.

    - - - Updated - - -

    In the chant the features discussed above are activated in this line
    The alighted wind becomes a wall. The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate
    The alighted wall would be the purification circle.
    The gates would be the purging circles and crown refers to the Grands, the true form of the ritual.
    The three forked road is the three circles within the crystal ball probably symbolizing the body, mind, and soul paths to the kingdom being the Root.
    Last edited by You; June 1st, 2020 at 11:14 PM.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticeexcenny
    In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

  10. #1610
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    If you didn't register the LAVSplitter, LAVVideo, LAVAudio with regsvr32, you may have issues.
    Running the game with command line argument "-videosubsystem=krdslavf" in an incorrect configuration will show more information about the error.
    It's unclear whether your post was directed towards me, but in case it was all I get is the following with the v1.0 public beta:



    And again, the OPs work perfectly fine through the Extra menu, and they worked perfectly fine in v0.9.1 both in-game and in the Extra menu.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  11. #1611
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    It's unclear whether your post was directed towards me, but in case it was all I get is the following with the v1.0 public beta:



    And again, the OPs work perfectly fine through the Extra menu, and they worked perfectly fine in v0.9.1 both in-game and in the Extra menu.
    The error will show when you did not install LAV Filters.
    If movies work fine otherwise, you do not need to use "-videosubsystem=krdslavf" command line argument.

    I have confirmed that movies both work in-game and in the Extra menu in the development version when using the "-videosubsystem=mpv" command line argument.
    Different system may need to use different video subsystem due to differing system configuration or installation.

  12. #1612
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    The error will show when you did not install LAV Filters.
    If movies work fine otherwise, you do not need to use "-videosubsystem=krdslavf" command line argument.

    I have confirmed that movies both work in-game and in the Extra menu in the development version when using the "-videosubsystem=mpv" command line argument.
    Different system may need to use different video subsystem due to differing system configuration or installation.
    I understand everything you're saying, but it feels like you keep dancing around the entire point in that v0.9.1 works fine and the Extra menu OPs in 1.0 beta work fine.


    Literally only the in-game OPs in 1.0 beta do not work:

    • v0.9.1 + Extra menu = OPs OK
    • v0.9.1 + in-game = OPs OK
    • v1.0 beta + Extra menu = OPs OK
    • v1.0 beta + in-game = OPs fail


    How can this be anything but a regression bug in "Ultimate Edition" itself?

    (for reference this is all on the exact same Win7 PC OS configuration that I've been using on my main PC for years now)
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  13. #1613
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I understand everything you're saying, but it feels like you keep dancing around the entire point in that v0.9.1 works fine and the Extra menu OPs in 1.0 beta work fine.


    Literally only the in-game OPs in 1.0 beta do not work:

    • v0.9.1 + Extra menu = OPs OK
    • v0.9.1 + in-game = OPs OK
    • v1.0 beta + Extra menu = OPs OK
    • v1.0 beta + in-game = OPs fail


    How can this be anything but a regression bug in "Ultimate Edition" itself?

    (for reference this is all on the exact same Win7 PC OS configuration that I've been using on my main PC for years now)
    It is working correctly in the current development version; both the Extra menu and in-game (Prologue OP) work correctly on my machine.

    There was a bug where some properties were not set due to the incorrect condition being evaluated. It has been fixed and will be in the next release.
    Last edited by uyjulian; June 3rd, 2020 at 12:14 AM.

  14. #1614
    屍食鬼 Ghoul lesik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Age
    31
    Posts
    39
    Thanky you You! Really helpful!

  15. #1615
    「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」 N0Mi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    How can this be anything but a regression bug in "Ultimate Edition" itself?
    Yeah, it's a regression bug all right. Blocker, to boot (or critical if you consider using mpv*, but you would need to include it in the package by default for this).

    Now, I went ahead and checked out the behavior on my side with the 0.9.1 you provided earlier (torrent). It does work, but in the end of the prologue ED I got this error, after which the game crashed.



    To remind, on my set-up 1.0 movies don't start as intended; need to use mpv*.

    P.S. Didn't test probability since to recreate would need to watch fully without skipping. Otherwise movies start all right.
    Last edited by N0Mi0; June 8th, 2020 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typoooos

  16. #1616
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by N0Mi0 View Post
    mkv
    mpv


    (I only typed this because I was initially very confused)
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  17. #1617
    「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」 N0Mi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    mpv


    (I only typed this because I was initially very confused)
    Yeah, my bad. Meant mpv

  18. #1618
    So, how exactly do you install the new beta? Do you just the replace the .xp3 files?

  19. #1619
    Quote Originally Posted by Arilando View Post
    So, how exactly do you install the new beta? Do you just the replace the .xp3 files?
    Yes

  20. #1620
    I installed using the link in the first page and nothing happens after clicking the 'Fate' icon in my desktop post installation. The first time I clicked I ran it as administrator. Has everyone found the same issue?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •