Page 95 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4585909394959697100105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    The menu will not give you what you want. It is a function for controlling the engine and not for handling joypad/controllers.

You need to use a DInput compatible controller.
    I'll use steam then, because for some reason my game doesn't recognize the gamepad. Also, I'm using an xbox controller that worked with the game on a previous windows installation. Thanks..

Is there anyway to get this on mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizo View Post
    Is there anyway to get this on mobile
    The next release of this patch will have Kirikiroid2 support.

In the meantime, you can play on Exagear. Try asking in the AndroidVisualNovels discord

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by czargm View Post
    I'll use steam then, because for some reason my game doesn't recognize the gamepad. Also, I'm using an xbox controller that worked with the game on a previous windows installation. Thanks..
    Protip: JoyToKey is what you're looking for, especially since AFAIK the VN can in fact be controlled via the keyboard (so mapping keyboard keys to your controller shouldn't be an issue).

(fun fact: the software has been around for so long that it's older than both Fate/stay night and Steam)

And just to clarify, the software is shareware meaning it's completely free to use, but after a period of time it may throw up a "please consider purchasing a license" when you run the program, but it'll still let you keep using it (aka just like WinRAR...but though 7zip exists in place of that however).
    Last edited by NM64; October 12th, 2020 at 10:58 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Protip: JoyToKey is what you're looking for, especially since AFAIK the VN can in fact be controlled via the keyboard (so mapping keyboard keys to your controller shouldn't be an issue).

(fun fact: the software has been around for so long that it's older than both Fate/stay night and Steam)

And just to clarify, the software is shareware meaning it's completely free to use, but after a period of time it may through up a "please consider purchasing a license" when you run the program, but it'll still let you keep using it (aka just like WinRAR...but though 7zip exists in place of that however).
    That's a very good alternative. I'll give it a try, thank you!

In the process of various bug testing I noticed that skipping with "high" quality is MUCH slower than "low" quality despite using a 4.5GHz overclocked Haswell CPU (which has per-GHz performance only maybe 10% slower than a 10900K thanks to Intel's architectural stagnation).

I do not know if this is due to the HD rendering or if it's due to WebP decoding (since F/ha supposedly uses PNG even for HD assets, maybe that'd be an easy way to determine this?), but maybe there'd be a way to make the VN temporarily render in SD and/or with SD PNG art assets while retaining the same window size when Ctrl is held down and then switch back to rendering in HD and/or with HD WebP art assets when you let go of Ctrl.

...unless just using PNG for everything fixes this of course.

In the process of various bug testing I noticed that skipping with "high" quality is MUCH slower than "low" quality despite using a 4.5GHz overclocked Haswell CPU (which has per-GHz performance only maybe 10% slower than a 10900K thanks to Intel's architectural stagnation).

I do not know if this is due to the HD rendering or if it's due to WebP decoding (since F/ha supposedly uses PNG even for HD assets, maybe that'd be an easy way to determine this?), but maybe there'd be a way to make the VN temporarily render in SD and/or with SD PNG art assets while retaining the same window size when Ctrl is held down and then switch back to rendering in HD and/or with HD WebP art assets when you let go of Ctrl.

...unless just using PNG for everything fixes this of course.
    Try setting in "Patch->Options->Open engine configuration" under "Graphics" set "Graphics rendering thread count" to "Auto(equal to processor count) / auto".

BTW I figured out a work-around for Github's recent change that makes it only function on Chromium-based and Chromium-wannabe browsers...we'll see how long this workaround lasts:

More info on the according Github issue:

I can't help but remember how I told Quibi last year that I was disappointed that the project selected to migrate to Github rather than somewhere like Gitlab (I've no idea about Gitlab actually being better or worse, I just know that it's actually open source unlike Github)

Try setting in "Patch->Options->Open engine configuration" under "Graphics" set "Graphics rendering thread count" to "Auto(equal to processor count) / auto".
    The window that appears when I click "Open engine configuration" is pretty much empty:

BTW I figured out a work-around for Github's recent change that makes it only function on Chromium-based and Chromium-wannabe browsers...we'll see how long this workaround lasts:

More info on the according Github issue:

I can't help but remember how I told Quibi last year that I was disappointed that the project selected to migrate to Github rather than somewhere like Gitlab (I've no idea about Gitlab actually being better or worse, I just know that it's actually open source unlike Github)
    I usually just access the Github using their recently-released command line tool: https://cli.github.com/
    It can access pull requests and issues…

Gitlab is open source, but it is also funded by VC money, so who knows how long that will last…

The window that appears when I click "Open engine configuration" is pretty much empty:

Oh yeah, I forgot that the configuration JSON is broken in the current exe…
    I'll add another method to access that option in the next test build

Apologies for the deletion and re-posting, but I've got to ask...

The song "Diver2" - is this a typo? All of the other songs ending in 2, such as "New Dawn 2" all have a space before the '2'...all except Diver2 of course.

If it is a typo, it exists in both the BGM menu and the Extra -> Music menu.

...oh wait, looking at the various official F/sn OSTs, it seems that "Diver2" is the only song which had a title that was originally in English that also had a 2 - all of the other "2" songs had Japanese titles. So it looks like we instead just left the title as-is, and the songs with a space before their 2 were all translated titles.

Gitlab is open source, but it is also funded by VC money, so who knows how long that will last…
    Is that still an issue when a Gitlab repository can be hosted on a 3rd party server or personal server?

Is that still an issue when a Gitlab repository can be hosted on a 3rd party server or personal server?
    I wouldn't think so. In fact, on-premises Gitlab is much, much faster in terms of user interface responsiveness than the SaaS.

----

Bugs?

How about swinging 4 fly swatters at once

UPDATE: I made some considerable changes to this post, particularly in the bottom part. So if you're already read this post, then please consider at least reading the bottom part regarding a text alignment bug.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quick question - the songs "fate.ogg", "unlimited.ogg", and "heaven.ogg" inside of the "patch.xp3" file - they're all ripped
    directly from the iOS/Android version of RN, correct?

I ask because, for some reason, I don't seem to have copies of those specific files despite having all of the other OGG Vorbis files from the iOS/Android version...

(and holy crap those aforementioned OGG vorbis files are encoded via an absolutely ancient version of Xiph libVorbis from 2002 - that's not a typo!)

Bugs?

How about swinging 4 fly swatters at once
    But did you have a real live hornet in your kitchen today in the middle of all this bug reporting and squashing? (and yes, we killed the hornet with a fly swatter)

...yeah uh, I've basically been doing nothing but this bug reporting and testing stuff all day. I was actually starting to question if I was the only one actually testing and reporting bugs...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/634112943704899609/767244084011466762/2020-10-17_23.28.22.png
    I just realized that your screenshot depicts a text alignment bug in 3 of the 4 windows where the text is positioned a little bit too far upwards, thereby the upper part of the text is slightly intruding into the boarder of the message window.

I myself noticed this when looking at the Trial "Demo" (which also depicts this very same text alignment issue - I just though it was one of the many graphical inaccuracies that Ultimate Edition's Trial "Demo" currently has), but considering that you were staring at 3 different instances of said bug, then surely you don't need me to report it onto the issue tracker?

I just realized that your screenshot depicts a text alignment bug in 3 of the 4 windows where the text is positioned a little bit too far upwards, thereby the upper part of the text is slightly intruding into the boarder of the message window.

I myself noticed this when looking at the Trial "Demo" (which also depicts this very same text alignment issue - I just though it was one of the many graphical inaccuracies that Ultimate Edition's Trial "Demo" currently has), but considering that you were staring at 3 different instances of said bug, then surely you don't need me to report it onto the issue tracker?
    I suspect it is because of glyph metric issues when using the Freetype text renderer, but not sure. AFAIK I have this fixed in ActingMessageLayer in WoH, but it isn't implemented in RN/HA yet.

You might want to put it on the bug tracker
    Last edited by Alyinghood; October 18th, 2020 at 10:19 AM.

Consolidated posts together because they're kind of off-topic anyway...

Here's a pretty darned good reason to prefer Gitlab over Github - because the latter apparently accepts DMCA take-down requests from the freakin RIAA (they've been out of the news in recent years, but in the mid 2000s they were pretty much the internet's favorite "bad guy" along-side Jack Thompson):

And the take-down notice was for youtube-dl to boot - software that I use nearly every single day.

Update: Bloody nora, even the youtube-dl alternative, youtube-dlc, got hit with the very same DMCA:

Yep, Github really it pretty much dead to me now. I'll keep reporting bugs, but I'm definitely not thrilled with what it's become.

In fact, on-premises Gitlab is much, much faster in terms of user interface responsiveness than the SaaS.
    At the risk of going off-topic, I just discovered like a minute ago that VideoLAN is using Gitlab for VLC with the according git hosted on their own videolan.org server with the only indication of it actually being Gitlab is the webpage title itself stating "Groups · VideoLAN · GitLab":

So ahhh, does anyone have a Chinese translation patch for this Ultimate Edition?

Blog Entries

Consolidated posts together because they're kind of off-topic anyway...

Here's a pretty darned good reason to prefer Gitlab over Github - because the latter apparently accepts DMCA take-down requests from the freakin RIAA (they've been out of the news in recent years, but in the mid 2000s they were pretty much the internet's favorite "bad guy" along-side Jack Thompson):

And the take-down notice was for youtube-dl to boot - software that I use nearly every single day.

Update: Bloody nora, even the youtube-dl alternative, youtube-dlc, got hit with the very same DMCA:

Yep, Github really it pretty much dead to me now. I'll keep reporting bugs, but I'm definitely not thrilled with what it's become.
    Github is owned by Microsoft, and they are making a profit, so I doubt they will shut down Github anytime soon…
    Meanwhile, Gitlab is run on venture capital money, so they probably want "growth" and "expansion"…

I suspect that if Gitlab goes out of business, others will maintain the open source project
    At the risk of going off-topic, I just discovered like a minute ago that VideoLAN is using Gitlab for VLC with the according git hosted on their own videolan.org server with the only indication of it actually being Gitlab is the webpage title itself stating "Groups · VideoLAN · GitLab":

Yeah, they have been using Gitlab for a while.

Github is owned by Microsoft, and they are making a profit, so I doubt they will shut down Github anytime soon…
    Meanwhile, Gitlab is run on venture capital money, so they probably want "growth" and "expansion"…
    I would argue that MS is already past the "extend" stage of "embrace, extend, extinguish" and is very much on the "extinguish" phase with regards to Github, so Gitlab not even being to the "extend" stage sounds much more preferable to me.

Anyway, back more on-topic, I have a question about the elusive bug fix release and/or how you said you weren't planning on any new feature development for the time being.

I know there's quite a few bugs still and I'm wondering if maybe, rather than trying to put out a proper "fixed" version with everything and the kitchen sink working, to instead kind of to an almost "rolling release" but specifically in terms of bug fixes rather than feature development?

Maybe I have the wrong impression, but I feel like a big reason why these updated versions are so "elusive" is due to a desire to try and make it "perfect" so that people are stuck with a buggy release, kind of causing the issue of "best is the enemy of good".

So if this is the case, then what about that "update notifier" function located within the VN itself that I had suggested over a year ago?

Of any sort of new feature development, I would think this would be one of very few that could actually accelerate, rather than delay, the delivery of bug fixes, and the function would fit perfectly into my "rolling release" bug-fix idea.

This would then also allow the development of beta versions that could be buggier that intentionally do not trigger any sort of built-in update notifier (unless you wanted to implement a function to have separate "beta" and "release" branches for the update notifier, but that's probably over-complicating something that for the time being is meant to help get bug fixes out to people quicker and would instead probably delay the delivery of bug fixes)

Anyway, back more on-topic, I have a question about the elusive bug fix release and/or how you said you weren't planning on any new feature development for the time being.

I know there's quite a few bugs still and I'm wondering if maybe, rather than trying to put out a proper "fixed" version with everything and the kitchen sink working, to instead kind of to an almost "rolling release" but specifically in terms of bug fixes rather than feature development?

Maybe I have the wrong impression, but I feel like a big reason why these updated versions are so "elusive" is due to a desire to try and make it "perfect" so that people are stuck with a buggy release, kind of causing the issue of "best is the enemy of good".

So if this is the case, then what about that "update notifier" function located within the VN itself that I had suggested over a year ago?

Of any sort of new feature development, I would think this would be one of very few that could actually accelerate, rather than delay, the delivery of bug fixes, and the function would fit perfectly into my "rolling release" bug-fix idea.

This would then also allow the development of beta versions that could be buggier that intentionally do not trigger any sort of built-in update notifier (unless you wanted to implement a function to have separate "beta" and "release" branches for the update notifier, but that's probably over-complicating something that for the time being is meant to help get bug fixes out to people quicker and would instead probably delay the delivery of bug fixes)
    The plan is to fix everything marked with the "RN Ultimate v1.0.0" milestone in the issue tracker before doing another release.

I would like to do a rolling release too, but it would depend on implementing delta patches since the built patch is large in size.
    I plan to implement the update notifier afterwards. I got everything working locally, but integration is needed.

The plan is to fix everything marked with the "RN Ultimate v1.0.0" milestone in the issue tracker before doing another release.
    I wasn't talking about a full-fat "Jack updates the first post" release, but the "bugfix" version that I got the ball rolling on a month ago.

...sadly even the existing "public beta" version seems to be less buggy than the versions you've been having me test. I mean, not even being able to complete the prologue / things being bugged right after the prologue? How the heck does something like that even get by QA testing? Surely you're making sure even the basics actually function?