Page 96 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4686919495969798101106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    ...sadly even the existing "public beta" version seems to be less buggy than the versions you've been having me test. I mean, not even being able to complete the prologue / things being bugged right after the prologue? How the heck does something like that even get by QA testing? Surely you're making sure even the basics actually function?
    Yes, prologue works for me. However, I am using a different system configuration for development, so it is possible that bugs may appear on different system configurations.

Everything was going fine until day 5 when rin sakura shirou meets shinji
    when rin is about to talk to shinji the game crashes and this pops up, i tried looking in the internet but sadly wasn't able to find anything

Is there any way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by onetruesaber View Post

Everything was going fine until day 5 when rin sakura shirou meets shinji
    when rin is about to talk to shinji the game crashes and this pops up, i tried looking in the internet but sadly wasn't able to find anything

Is there any way to fix this?
    You have corrupt files. Check your game files

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    You have corrupt files. Check your game files
    I tried replacing the existing files of fate route[did not install the crack once again], do I have to reinstall the game completely including the ultimate edition and all the patches or do I just have to reinstall
    the 3 routes. Also, Is there a way to backup my saves since skipping is slow and it takes a long time to come to day 5, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by onetruesaber View Post
    I tried replacing the existing files of fate route[did not install the crack once again], do I have to reinstall the game completely including the ultimate edition and all the patches or do I just have to reinstall
    the 3 routes. Also, Is there a way to backup my saves since skipping is slow and it takes a long time to come to day 5, thank you
    You only need to reinstall the corrupt file.
    If you are not sure which file is corrupt, reinstall the game.

If you are using the torrent cdda8a7b047a55e55baf38d7b842e886052aa1bd, you only need to point the torrent client at the game files and it will only re-download the corrupted portions.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Yes, prologue works for me. However, I am using a different system configuration for development, so it is possible that bugs may appear on different system configurations.
    I can only think it's due to the different OS as I've had several of the bugs occur completely different hardware (Intel CPU + iGPU vs AMD CPU + iGPU).

There is one bug however that I think may differ in occurrence between the Intel iGPU and AMD iGPU in that I was unable to replicate it on the Intel iGPU, but I need to re-verify that it does in fact still occur with the AMD iGPU.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

I've just finished playing though Tsukihime + Kagetsu Tohya and next I'm planning on playing though Fate. I want to play it as close to the original as possible but still want to keep the additional content from Realta Nua on, so long as it doesn't change stuff from the original. So I have a question regarding the textual content option.

My understanding is that the mixed version IS the classic translation plus the added content from RN, however it still has some censoring regarding Shirou.
    Does that mean if I select classic mode the additional RN content is skipped? I've also noticed you can change textual content on the fly, so what happens if I change to classic during a scene that is entirely new to RN?

I noticed that during the final fight of HF, regardless of the BGM choice and Music Content, it always plays the Original version of Light and Darkness making it impossible to hear the Vita one.
    Also, from what I remember from before the Ultimate edition, after the "Sakura can't smile if you exist" line, the music restarted exactly at the chorus (around 0:52 in the music file) which doesn't happen here.

Does anyone know if this problem is only on my end?

will we have a new version with bugfixes before the new year?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
    will we have a new version with bugfixes before the new year?
    I wouldn't be surprised if it hinges on whether I can confirm/refute the discrepancy between why I'm see quite a few major bugs that Alyinghood isn't running into.

Unfortunately I had another one of my spare SSDs die on me, so it'll be quite difficult for me to confirm if it due to OS version since I have no PC running a Windows version newer than Win7 SP1 as I'm using Linux for any PC where a newer OS is preferred.

(protip, at least for older Crucial SSDs like the M4, M500, and M550, an easy way to kill them is to not provide enough power to the drive, like via a SATA-USB adapter or similar; an M4 will straight-up die while an M500 and M550 will lock themselves into a "read-only" mode)

I recently got a larger SSD, so I can store more virtual machines. I'm probably going to set up Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 first

Of course, if Alyinghood isn't able to replicate the bugs even with an older OS, then maybe it's GPU related instead? I already stated how I think one of the bugs only occurs on AMD graphics.

Also last I tested, Ultimate Edition required at least Vista in order to even launch, so I don't expect Server 2003 to work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twhite90 View Post
    I noticed that during the final fight of HF, regardless of the BGM choice and Music Content, it always plays the Original version of Light and Darkness making it impossible to hear the Vita one.
    Also, from what I remember from before the Ultimate edition, after the "Sakura can't smile if you exist" line, the music restarted exactly at the chorus (around 0:52 in the music file) which doesn't happen here.

Does anyone know if this problem is only on my end?
    I forgot to use the music switch with that one, nice catch. Until the next version, you can control it using the textual content switch.
    I cannot replicate the bug with the bgm after "Sakura can't smile..." thing. I do hear the music from the chorus in both the original and remixed OST. What exactly are you experiencing?

@Dhar'leth - basically, the textual content doesn't apply to censoring (the other switches are for that).
    The only exception is Shirou being sexist in some scenes is controlled by this switch. So if you don't like that use RN mode, otherwise you can use classic or mixed.
    The mixed doesn't censor it, and also restores some paragraphs that were cut in editing in RN (which aren't related to censorship, just flow of text), but otherwise keeps the RN edits.

Hi. This is a bug report, if it's acceptable to do here.
    So, how it all went. I could reach Fate ending, ubw true and hf true ending without any issues. Then I decided to try and get ubw good ending. Skipped through the entire thing, made the second last choice on day 14, then after a certain line of dialogue - boom, this error. It doesn't matter if I skip, auto-read or read manually, this error still appears.
    Error text in Japanese
    Script exception raised
    script exception : エ ラ ー が 発 生 し ま した
    フ ァ イ ル : param.ks 行 : 1
    リ グ : call(- エ ラ ー の 発 生 し た 前 後 タ グ を 示 し て い る 場 合 も あ り ま す )
    シ ナ リ オ フ ァ イ ル param.ks 内 に ラ ベ ル 凛 ル ー ト 十 四 日 目 -130.ks が 見 つ か り ませ ん

Crude Google translation
    Script exception raised
    script exception: Eller was born
    File: param.ks Line: 1
    Rig: call (-In some cases, it indicates the tag before and after the birth of the error)
    Label Rin Route 14th day -130.ks is not found in the serial file param.ks.

If it's important, the game was installed in the root directory and Windows locale is Japanese.
    Last edited by RadonCRM; April 11th, 2021 at 07:09 AM.

I accidentally deleted the game manually and now Installer does not work for me. What to do?

Hi guys,

I was able to successfully install the Ultimate Edition for FSN. It'll be my first time reading it. However, there is an error with patch_hd.xp3 so I can't read it in widescreen or HD. I read in the reddit forum that this may be due to a "borked c++ 2015 x86 installation that you're unable to fix," as quoted by Jack. This may be because the C++ version I am running is the 2015-2019 redistributable, which combines the 2015, 2017, and 2019 versions.

Can anyone give me a workaround to this? I'd really like to experience this game in HD, as it'll be my first time reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I accidentally deleted the game manually and now Installer does not work for me. What to do?
    Run the uninstaller:

I think a future installer may include an uninstall option built right in, but don't quote me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by moh533 View Post
    there is an error with patch_hd.xp3 so I can't read it in widescreen or HD. I read in the reddit forum that this may be due to a "borked c++ 2015 x86 installation that you're unable to fix," as quoted by Jack. This may be because the C++ version I am running is the 2015-2019 redistributable, which combines the 2015, 2017, and 2019 versions.

Can anyone give me a workaround to this? I'd really like to experience this game in HD, as it'll be my first time reading this.
    Is this with the public beta v1.00 release? If not, then try that:

IIRC, I believe that version works in HD on even my HTPC's OS installation that has a borked C++ 2015.

Bro, you're amazing. Thank you so much. The beta version doesn't seem to have that issue. Hopefully, it's smooth sailing from here. So excited!!!

Hi, can somebody help me? Truly sorry for the trouble but I wanted to finish this VN, I love it so much!

I've windows 10, installed Beta 1.0 and my settings for the VN are:
    - Textual content: Mixed
    - Music content: Mixed

And I did not install any H scene

This always occurred during Forest Ruin scene.

Had to reinstall the game due to getting a completely new PC and reinstalling windows completely.

Launching the .exe does nothing but play a system sound, and creating a console log in faterealtanua_savedata. The log mentions "member 'kag' missing" but simply deleting the config file does nothing as running the .exe still does nothing but play the system sound (administrator doesn't make a difference).

As an aside, I don't know at what point it's supposed to download/copy the patches, but my faterealtanua_savedata is always empty after running the installer.

https://pastebin.com/7D3BsV4A
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.