Page 98 of 106 FirstFirst ... 48889396979899100103 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2109

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition

  1. #1941
    Thanks for the answer!

    Though, I am curious as to how much gore was actually censored in Realta Nua too, cause from what I know, not much was censored, but you said you don't remember 100% the difference, so thanks anyways.
    Last edited by Username55; December 1st, 2020 at 11:15 PM.

  2. #1942
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    Though, I am curious as to how much gore was actually censored in Realta Nua too, cause from what I know, not much was censored, but you said you don't remember 100% the difference, so thanks anyways.
    While the 100% save provided in the first post can be problematic to use with the v1.0 public beta as you yourself discovered, you should still be able to use it as a means to view stuff in the Extra menu, thereby allowing for an easy way to see the blood and gore differences in various CG images and the like (note that you may need to make sure to go back to the title screen before toggling the Censor mature content setting in order for it to correctly apply)

    Just beware of spoilers obviously, though if you're already read the Fate route then it shouldn't be an issue since there should be enough examples in that route alone.



    ----------------------------------------------------------------



    I'm not sure if these are bugs or what-not (should I submit a bug report to the issue tracker?), but when I was checking the music stuff for my previous post I couldn't help but notice something unexpected in the prologue when Music Content setting is set to Classic compared to the trial version of 2004 F/sn*:


    The song that plays when we first see Rin's living room after she has just woken up on the first day...

    2004 Trial = "In the Sunlight Everyday"
    Ultimate Ed. prologue = "Bright Melody"


    And also on the first day, the song that plays when Ayako first appears as well as when we first see Rin's three classmates...

    2004 Trial = "Gentle Everyday"
    Ultimate Ed. prologue = "Bright Melody"


    I know there are also other Realta Nua-exclusive songs that play during the prologue when Classic is selected that obviously wouldn't have played normally, but these may or may not just be in scenes where there originally wasn't any music anyway (such as the "It was a thrust like lightning" scene, or when Rin returns home after the first day in the prologue).







    *I don't have the normal full non-trial version of 2004 F/sn on-hand...ok technically I do considering the PC DVD is sitting about 6 feet away from me, but I'm too lazy to install it.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  3. #1943
    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    Hey, thanks for the ultimate version.
    So the H patch, returns the H scenes, but what do the textual realta nua vs classic options do? What does mixed do? And what does disabling the censoring of mature content exactly do?
    Textual classic is the story as it was written in the first release. Textual realta nua is the story as it was written to tone down adult content and be able to release the novel in PS2. Mixed mode is bullshit made up by JackTheInfinite because he is butthurt Shiro says some "sexist things" in the original release, not realizing that this is archetypical obatarian chitchat leftover from Shiro being a female in the original draft, and he considering that there exist readers who are adult enough to read about murders, anal sex and penis worms, but not adult enough to face the word rape without breaking down.

  4. #1944
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    Textual classic is the story as it was written in the first release. Textual realta nua is the story as it was written to tone down adult content and be able to release the novel in PS2. Mixed mode is bullshit made up by JackTheInfinite because he is butthurt Shiro says some "sexist things" in the original release, not realizing that this is archetypical obatarian chitchat leftover from Shiro being a female in the original draft, and he considering that there exist readers who are adult enough to read about murders, anal sex and penis worms, but not adult enough to face the word rape without breaking down.
    You say it's something made up by JackTheInfinite, but you never actually go into detail of what it contains and what it doesn't contain.

    So what does mixed content actually contain? If it's a made up mix of both, which parts are included and which parts are not? Like the sexist things are not included but the other themes are? Or are there other themes that are not included along with this in the mixed?
    Last edited by Username55; December 2nd, 2020 at 08:17 PM.

  5. #1945
    死者 The Dead
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Age
    20
    Posts
    1

    Question Issue - Please help

    Hey man I am really sorry to be disturbing you but I've been having some trouble installing the files. So I had all the required files and I opened the installer and merged everything and till that part it was all good, then when I tried to open it, I got a patch error, then I deleted all the merged files and I re opened the setup and this time it downloaded the patches but it won't get to the merging process, it gives an option of "update" instead of "next", so now I am stuck with patches but not merged files. I re downloaded the setup several times but it always somehow recognises that merging was done before and doesn't get to the merging part. Please Help! I just need the setup to merge the routes!

  6. #1946
    Quote Originally Posted by Shino View Post
    Hey man I am really sorry to be disturbing you but I've been having some trouble installing the files. So I had all the required files and I opened the installer and merged everything and till that part it was all good, then when I tried to open it, I got a patch error, then I deleted all the merged files and I re opened the setup and this time it downloaded the patches but it won't get to the merging process, it gives an option of "update" instead of "next", so now I am stuck with patches but not merged files. I re downloaded the setup several times but it always somehow recognises that merging was done before and doesn't get to the merging part. Please Help! I just need the setup to merge the routes!

    You may possibly have an inconsistent configuration.

    I recommend using the prepatched version.
    The following post will assist you: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3066122

  7. #1947
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    It will be in the next release.
    Is this going to be anytime soon?

  8. #1948
    Quote Originally Posted by Arilando View Post
    Is this going to be anytime soon?
    There is no ETA for the release.

  9. #1949
    its an fate translation, ask again 10 years later.

  10. #1950
    Hi, I have an issue with the 16:9 widescreen mode. I tried to activate it two times.

    The first time, during the prologue dialogue between Rin and Mitsuzuri, it crashed when it was supposed to transition to the next scenario (I was in fullscreen mode)

    The second time, on the first line of the prologue, it crashed immediately.

    It doesn't seem to crash if I don't set the quality of the game to high.

    For what it's worth, I'm running the beta 1.0 version on a Windows 10 VMware virtual machine.

    This was the error:
    Last edited by lore_ha; December 4th, 2020 at 07:55 AM.

  11. #1951
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    So the H patch, returns the H scenes, but what do the textual realta nua vs classic options do? What does mixed do? And what does disabling the censoring of mature content exactly do?
    I finally checked the lengthy video in the first post and some details can be found starting at the 16m 23s mark:

    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  12. #1952
    Hello.

    Is it worth it to update to 1.0 Beta? Judging from the changelog it dosent seem to add anything special aside from a bit of optimization and fixing nitpicks most ppl dont even need and it appears to introduce a lot of bugs? What do you think?

  13. #1953
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by samsone700 View Post
    Hello.

    Is it worth it to update to 1.0 Beta?
    It both fixes and introduces bugs, but there are some additional music/video improvements to the 1.0 beta as well.



    The bigger bottleneck with upgrading is that save data tend to not fully function correctly between both versions.

    For this reason, unless you specifically want the additional media improvements or want to take advantage of a fix that the 1.0 beta introduced (e.g. widescreen that actually works, or you're running into a game-breaking bug with v0.9.1), then I'd actually stick with whatever version you're currently running (unless it's v0.9.0 - then PLEASE update to either v0.9.1 or the v1.0 beta) - and I say this as a person that had a big hand in the music/video improvements seen in the v1.0 beta!



    There is one thing I want to call out that's both a media improvement and a bug fix, and that's the static-like sound you can hear in silent scenes right after loading save data in v0.9.1. This was fixed in the v1.0 beta (again with myself providing a big hand in this), but I did actually make a sort of teeny "hot fix" patch for v0.9.1 around a year ago before the v1.0 beta was released that you could use if you want that static sound bug to be fixed but for whatever reason really want to stick with v0.9.1.

    Just say the word and I can post the hotfix again if you really want it.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  14. #1954
    Quote Originally Posted by lore_ha View Post
    Hi, I have an issue with the 16:9 widescreen mode. I tried to activate it two times.
    I forgot to attach the save data, here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MzB...72Jo9-oWl/view
    It didn't create any "fate.exe.console.log" or "hwexcept.log" files in the game's directory.

    Also, another weird thing that I noticed is that the installer didn't actually download any of the patches, I had to do it manually.

  15. #1955
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    It both fixes and introduces bugs, but there are some additional music/video improvements to the 1.0 beta as well.



    The bigger bottleneck with upgrading is that save data tend to not fully function correctly between both versions.

    For this reason, unless you specifically want the additional media improvements or want to take advantage of a fix that the 1.0 beta introduced (e.g. widescreen that actually works, or you're running into a game-breaking bug with v0.9.1), then I'd actually stick with whatever version you're currently running (unless it's v0.9.0 - then PLEASE update to either v0.9.1 or the v1.0 beta) - and I say this as a person that had a big hand in the music/video improvements seen in the v1.0 beta!



    There is one thing I want to call out that's both a media improvement and a bug fix, and that's the static-like sound you can hear in silent scenes right after loading save data in v0.9.1. This was fixed in the v1.0 beta (again with myself providing a big hand in this), but I did actually make a sort of teeny "hot fix" patch for v0.9.1 around a year ago before the v1.0 beta was released that you could use if you want that static sound bug to be fixed but for whatever reason really want to stick with v0.9.1.

    Just say the word and I can post the hotfix again if you really want it.
    Will saves from the beta be functional with future updates?

  16. #1956
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I finally checked the lengthy video in the first post and some details can be found starting at the 16m 23s mark:


    That's helpful. Thanks. Though it provides exmaples for most everything, except the mixed text. Do you have any examples of the "questionable" word choices that were downplayed by preserving edits from Realta Nua? Because most everything when changing back and forth seems to remain the same.

    Also update - While I managed to get the third day opening to play when the game was windowed, the game still crashes if it is fullscreen. I think the exact problem is when the resolution tries to change while in fullscreen (since the opening has a different resolution for the game), the game doesn't crash while full screen wide-screen mode or if windowed.

    Besides skipping in-game movies, playback through MPV (when non-wide fullscreen) causes the movie to play fine (although it's inconvenient and kinda buggy the way the game opens both MPV and itself at the same time, and switches between the two, instead of just incorporating the MPV that you forced playback through into itself, IMO this is also a thing that needs fixing), but afterwards it leaves the game in an unusable state, forcing you to restart the game.

    Also if your config file is something like "saveDataLocation" => "faterealtanua_savedata" which makes the game save in its own folder instead of somewhere else, after telling you about a crash (assuming a crash happens), the game gives this error and instead of letting you return to the title screen, it outright just closes:



    It's kinda not really a bad bug and kinda convenient too, since it doesn't force open the forum page and the file browser and instead just closes (I know you can change this behavior by giving different parameters to the game when running it, although it would be convenient if there was an option in the game for this forceful behavior too, and I also know that it has been mentioned that this will change in the next release), but regardless, thought I'd mention it, as whatever causes this might also cause more problems in the future.

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    That aside, I read a post from a few months back that there was a bugfix release coming soon, is that still on-going or was it cancelled?

    I think having quick bugfixes instead of long periods of time between different releases that themselves can introduce some new bugs would be better (I mean those big releases can still come, but having bugfixes between each release would really be better IMO). Cause it both quickly fixes bugs that appear (from my understanding a bugfix release should really be quick to do, I have seen it done within a day of release after new bugs are reported and from my experience it is also possible), and makes it so that there always exists a relatively bug free version of the game, instead of each release introducing new bugs while fixing the last ones. Like right now, the game seems to have simple bugs that could be fixed in a very short time (some might even just take fixing 2 to 5 lines of code, but I don't know exactly since I am not involved with the code, it should take a relatively very short time regardless probably) or have already been fixed, but even after like 9 months, no fixes of them have been released. But this is just a suggestion, and what I think would be better.
    Last edited by Username55; December 4th, 2020 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar and/or changed some stuff and also added some detail to some stuff

  17. #1957
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    It both fixes and introduces bugs, but there are some additional music/video improvements to the 1.0 beta as well.



    The bigger bottleneck with upgrading is that save data tend to not fully function correctly between both versions.

    For this reason, unless you specifically want the additional media improvements or want to take advantage of a fix that the 1.0 beta introduced (e.g. widescreen that actually works, or you're running into a game-breaking bug with v0.9.1), then I'd actually stick with whatever version you're currently running (unless it's v0.9.0 - then PLEASE update to either v0.9.1 or the v1.0 beta) - and I say this as a person that had a big hand in the music/video improvements seen in the v1.0 beta!



    There is one thing I want to call out that's both a media improvement and a bug fix, and that's the static-like sound you can hear in silent scenes right after loading save data in v0.9.1. This was fixed in the v1.0 beta (again with myself providing a big hand in this), but I did actually make a sort of teeny "hot fix" patch for v0.9.1 around a year ago before the v1.0 beta was released that you could use if you want that static sound bug to be fixed but for whatever reason really want to stick with v0.9.1.

    Just say the word and I can post the hotfix again if you really want it.
    I would like to have this hotfix, if you don't mind.

  18. #1958
    Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    That aside, I read a post from a few months back that there was a bugfix release coming soon, is that still on-going or was it cancelled?.
    AFAIK it's still going on considering Quibi just today PM'd me a new private beta patch to test.

    My impression is that things ended up being much buggier than expected which meant much more bug fixing needing to be done than was initially expected - to put things into perspective, this is like the 4th or 5th private beta he's had me test since September, and the previous patch alone still had game-breaking bug(s) on my system.

    Part of the issue is that there seemed to have been a whole slew of bugs occurring on Win7 SP1 (what I'm using) that didn't seem to be occurring on Win10 (what Quibi is using).



    Quote Originally Posted by Arilando View Post
    I would like to have this hotfix, if you don't mind.
    Oddly enough, despite being just over a year old, the hotfix files I originally uploaded have not actually been deleted from ttm.sh which claims to delete files no later than 365 days after being uploaded...

    So yeah, just refer to my original post then to get the goods:




    ...and I just realized that the linked post is literally quoting you regarding this very issue. How the heck did you miss the hotfix patch the first time I posted it a year ago? My reply was only two posts after your own and was made just 2 and a half hours later!


    Also my comment in the above-linked post about ETAs on the next version constantly falling through is hilarious considering just how true that's become.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

    Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

  19. #1959
    Quote Originally Posted by lore_ha View Post
    Hi, I have an issue with the 16:9 widescreen mode. I tried to activate it two times.

    The first time, during the prologue dialogue between Rin and Mitsuzuri, it crashed when it was supposed to transition to the next scenario (I was in fullscreen mode)

    The second time, on the first line of the prologue, it crashed immediately.

    It doesn't seem to crash if I don't set the quality of the game to high.

    For what it's worth, I'm running the beta 1.0 version on a Windows 10 VMware virtual machine.

    This was the error: slap
    Looks like you found a floating point coersion issue. This won't be fixed in the next version, but in a future version.
    In the meantime, you can disable widescreen mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by samsone700 View Post
    Will saves from the beta be functional with future updates?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    That's helpful. Thanks. Though it provides exmaples for most everything, except the mixed text. Do you have any examples of the "questionable" word choices that were downplayed by preserving edits from Realta Nua? Because most everything when changing back and forth seems to remain the same.
    The text content differences are listed here: https://gist.github.com/Alyinghood/4...411c1ba2f79cd5

    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    Also update - While I managed to get the third day opening to play when the game was windowed, the game still crashes if it is fullscreen. I think the exact problem is when the resolution tries to change while in fullscreen (since the opening has a different resolution for the game), the game doesn't crash while full screen wide-screen mode or if windowed.
    Native crash or TJS exception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    Besides skipping in-game movies, playback through MPV (when non-wide fullscreen) causes the movie to play fine (although it's inconvenient and kinda buggy the way the game opens both MPV and itself at the same time, and switches between the two, instead of just incorporating the MPV that you forced playback through into itself, IMO this is also a thing that needs fixing), but afterwards it leaves the game in an unusable state, forcing you to restart the game.
    The broken behavior should be fixed in the next version by closing and opening the named pipe each time a movie is played.
    The mpv and game are intended to be separate. This will allow you to use a newer version of mpv or the 64 bit version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    Also if your config file is something like "saveDataLocation" => "faterealtanua_savedata" which makes the game save in its own folder instead of somewhere else, after telling you about a crash (assuming a crash happens), the game gives this error and instead of letting you return to the title screen, it outright just closes:
    This should be fixed in the next version. There is more error handling in the exception handler.

    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    It's kinda not really a bad bug and kinda convenient too, since it doesn't force open the forum page and the file browser and instead just closes (I know you can change this behavior by giving different parameters to the game when running it, although it would be convenient if there was an option in the game for this forceful behavior too, and I also know that it has been mentioned that this will change in the next release), but regardless, thought I'd mention it, as whatever causes this might also cause more problems in the future.
    The auto open file browser and forum page option is always enabled for releases only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    That aside, I read a post from a few months back that there was a bugfix release coming soon, is that still on-going or was it cancelled?
    It is still going to come. However, there is no ETA for the release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    I think having quick bugfixes instead of long periods of time between different releases that themselves can introduce some new bugs would be better (I mean those big releases can still come, but having bugfixes between each release would really be better IMO). Cause it both quickly fixes bugs that appear (from my understanding a bugfix release should really be quick to do, I have seen it done within a day of release after new bugs are reported and from my experience it is also possible), and makes it so that there always exists a relatively bug free version of the game, instead of each release introducing new bugs while fixing the last ones. Like right now, the game seems to have simple bugs that could be fixed in a very short time (some might even just take fixing 2 to 5 lines of code, but I don't know exactly since I am not involved with the code, it should take a relatively very short time regardless probably) or have already been fixed, but even after like 9 months, no fixes of them have been released. But this is just a suggestion, and what I think would be better.
    That would be nice once delta patches have been implemented.

  20. #1960
    Switch on the Holy Night Quibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,275
    Blog Entries
    1
    Actually there are no wide screen issues that I know of atm (for the unreleased version).
    It might happen with old save files but not with newer ones.

    I did hand over NM64 a private beta to test for stability.
    If there are not major blockers I'll release a new version soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •