Page 69 of 143 FirstFirst ... 19596467686970717479119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Hi guys, it's been a while, and I've decided to replay the game with this new patch. Only ever played it in the past with the mirror moon TL.

In any case, I've been running into a problem.

I get this error when I try to run the game: https://imgur.com/a/k0pvjDU

This shows up regardless of where I decide to put the installation. When I decided to try and remove patch.xp3 to see what'd happen, trying to run the game just gives me a windows error sound and no message.
    I have tried running it as admin and with compatibility, but nothing changed. If it matters, in the installation I chose to include all patches.

I also tried to remove the config.ksc file from the game folder, but that also changed nothing.

I honestly can't tell what the problem is here. If anyone can help, it'll be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by solopy567; March 19th, 2020 at 07:06 AM.

F/GO friend code: 319871588/solopy567

Quote Originally Posted by solopy567 View Post
    Hi guys, it's been a while, and I've decided to replay the game with this new patch. Only ever played it in the past with the mirror moon TL.

In any case, I've been running into a problem.

I get this error when I try to run the game: https://imgur.com/a/k0pvjDU

This shows up regardless of where I decide to put the installation. When I decided to try and remove patch.xp3 to see what'd happen, trying to run the game just gives me a windows error sound and no message.
    I have tried running it as admin and with compatibility, but nothing changed. If it matters, in the installation I chose to include all patches.

I also tried to remove the config.ksc file from the game folder, but that also changed nothing.

I honestly can't tell what the problem is here. If anyone can help, it'll be appreciated. Thanks!
    Your files are corrupt.
    Go to the first page of this post and download the patches under "About the patches"

Blog Entries
    Hey guys, just gonna drop a bomb here.
    ******************#!fJ01laSJ!lu8iutMC5...ubIgewhKOCIb3s

This is a beta version for the next release. Tons of fixes, most notably is that wide screen mode is now stable.
    If you're stuck at home 'cause of a deadly virus I hope this can ease your time

Been seeing quibis name around in places i dont want to. But great to see the man himself. Especially with a new release while stuck at home

I thought no more updates are coming!
    Then I guess I'll see whether those few little bugs I encountered but never reported are now fixed or not.

EDIT: So there was that scene in HF route where Sakura was being slashed by Gilgamish, it always showed a weird error crashing the whole game & I could confirm it's from the patch because I switched to Japanese just before the scene & the game went on normally without crashing (so I simply used that as a bypass to continue the game), I can confirm now it's fixed.

About the famous bug of the inability to watch in-game movies as they always freeze in black screen (forcing us to use skip in-game movies option) is finally fixed. Well at least I could confirm it worked in the prologue movie as tested in 3 ways:
    1. In full-screen mode the game reverts automatically from full-screen to windowed mode less than the default window size & the movie plays with lower movie black bar hidden. Unfortunately the reverting doesn't center the game window content right so after the movie ends window content shifted downwards to the right so almost lower third of content is hidden.
    2. Default sized windowed mode the game again resizes automatically from default size to less than the default size again with lower movie black bar hidden (oh well this the best yet).
    3. 0.8 sized windowed mode the window doesn't resize but the movie itself plays in smaller window surrounded by white bars on right and down sides. Again after the movie ends the window content is misplaced upwards to the left surrounded by the same white bars.
    Last edited by qrst; March 20th, 2020 at 12:53 PM.
    "I can be patient! I don't mind waiting, I mind not knowing how long to wait though."
    "Isn't this called IMPATIENCE?!"

Partial list of major changes in the beta:

–mpv movie playback support

Video files can be played back using the mpv video player. To use this feature, extract "mpv.exe" from either one of the archives (32bit or 64bit depending on your system) located here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv...windows/files/
    After doing that, place "mpv.exe" in the same directory as "Fate.exe".
    Start "Fate.exe".
    In the menu, go to Patch->Movies->Force movie playback using mpv.
    Movies will now be played back using mpv.
    This feature is useful if you have issues with movies, such as when broken codecs (such as ffdshow) are installed or if you are using Wine.

–easier access to engine configuration

The engine configuration dialog is easier to access.
    To access the dialog, open "Fate.exe".
    In the menu, go to Patch->Options->Open engine configuration dialog.
    From there, you can change various settings.

–60fps animations

Animations are now played back at 60fps.
    For those that have a higher refresh rate monitor, animations will still be played back at 60fps. This will be fixed in a future update.

–yes/no dialog layer

The yes/no dialog is now integrated in the main window, similar to the behavior in the original CD and DVD versions of Fate/stay night.

–LAV filters prioritization

When LAV Filters is installed, it will be used even if other codecs are installed.

–fixed wrong gamma behavior

This issue has been """fixed""" by using the old MMX drawing code.

Incorrect (SSE2) behavior:

Correct (MMX) behavior:

I am currently working on rewriting the MMX code into scalar C, so that the latest processor features like AVX-512 can be used thanks to auto-vectorization.

–translated error messages

Error messages are now translated.

–user-friendly exception

When you get an exception dialog box, after clicking "OK", the savedata directory will be opened in your file browser and the forum topic will be opened in your web browser, simplifying the process of reporting an error.

–faster startup

The time to seeing an image on the screen has considerably shortened due to various optimizations.

–code refactor

Much of the code has been refactored, allowing most of these features to also be available in the next version of the Fate/hollow ataraxia voice patch and the Mahoutsukai no Yoru French to English Translation Project.

Other stuff:

Kirikiri SDL2 is being worked on. It is a port of Kirikiri Z to non-Windows platforms using SDL2.
    GCC and Clang ports of Kirikiri Z are being worked on. Compiler portability allows standards to be understood and allows the possibility of static analyzers to be used, which will make it easier to uncover bugs.
    吉里吉里/KAGではじめるゲーム制作 : タグでノベルゲームが簡単にできる! has been scanned and ripped.
    book cover

KAG3, TJS2, and Kirikiri Z English-translated documents are being worked on. I just need to start work on the html page generator written in Perl.

I have ordered a used copy of "TYPE-MOON Fes. -10th Anniversary Blu-ray Disc Box-", but it hasn't arrived yet.

If you have the 2019/6/28 DMM download version of Fate/stay night+hollow ataraxia reprint (Fate/stay night+hollow ataraxia 復刻版), please send me an e-mail ((my username) at gmail dot com) with the following files from both games:
    Any exe file
    Any dll file
    Any tpm file
    data.xp3

Thank you very much. This will allow me to diff the changes to the game and add support for the 2019/6/28 version of Fate/hollow ataraxia to the Fate/hollow ataraxia voice patch.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; March 20th, 2020 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Partial list of major changes in the beta:

–mpv movie playback support

Video files can be played back using the mpv video player. To use this feature, extract "mpv.exe" from either one of the archives (32bit or 64bit depending on your system) located here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv...windows/files/
    After doing that, place "mpv.exe" in the same directory as "Fate.exe".
    Start "Fate.exe".
    In the menu, go to Patch->Movies->Force movie playback using mpv.
    Movies will now be played back using mpv.
    This feature is useful if you have issues with movies, such as when broken codecs (such as ffdshow) are installed or if you are using Wine.

–user-friendly exception

When you get an exception dialog box, after clicking "OK", the savedata directory will be opened in your file browser and the forum topic will be opened in your web browser, simplifying the process of reporting an error
    So I used mpv player & it shows way better results! It crashed the first time I used in full-screen mode creating a weird error "kirikiri is already running" & I had to find & force close the duplicate task via task manager, but after that it played looking really good! (by the way, what's Wine?)

About user-freindly exception, can't you make it less forceful? Like displaying a message with links to forums & save folder instead of opening browser & save folder?
    Last edited by qrst; March 20th, 2020 at 05:32 PM.
    "I can be patient! I don't mind waiting, I mind not knowing how long to wait though."

Quote Originally Posted by qrst View Post
    About user-freindly exception, can't you make it less forceful? Like displaying a message with links to forums & save folder instead of opening browser & save folder?
    It can be disabled by using the "-openlogdironerror" and "-openpatchinfourlonerror" command line arguments. In a future update, this will be configurable in the menu.

In a future update, this will be configurable in the menu.
    Well that's good to know, as honestly I don't understand a word about "command line arguments" thing .

Hi, I am returning to to play Fate/Stay Night after a few years (having only finished fate route and half of UBW on the old Realta Nua patched original game).

I have been trying to get the ultimate edition to work, but could after merging the three games not start fate.exe. It just gave me a jingle and created the savedata folder.
    From an earlier attempted install I already had the faterealtanua_savedata folder with now an old_patches. I tried moving it and reinstalling, but that did not work.

Looking a few threads back I saw others having the same problem.
    Here is the output from cmd:
    https://pastebin.com/MRqpx99T

Hi, totally lost here, but I managed to install it but when I try to run it, it asks for a 'XP3' file which I can't find/don't have which then gives me a 'storage startup' error. Any help with this?
    Additionally, I can't get the uninstaller to work, it keeps giving me this: Error: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Users\\Tortoise\\Desktop\\Fate_Ultimate\\Fate .exe'

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm just completely confused on how to fix these.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixten View Post
    Hi, I am returning to to play Fate/Stay Night after a few years (having only finished fate route and half of UBW on the old Realta Nua patched original game).

I have been trying to get the ultimate edition to work, but could after merging the three games not start fate.exe. It just gave me a jingle and created the savedata folder.
    From an earlier attempted install I already had the faterealtanua_savedata folder with now an old_patches. I tried moving it and reinstalling, but that did not work.

Looking a few threads back I saw others having the same problem.
    Here is the output from cmd:
    https://pastebin.com/MRqpx99T
    1. Delete config.ksc
    2. Open "Fate.exe"
    3. Click "Cancel"

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle23 View Post
    Hi, totally lost here, but I managed to install it but when I try to run it, it asks for a 'XP3' file which I can't find/don't have which then gives me a 'storage startup' error. Any help with this?
    Additionally, I can't get the uninstaller to work, it keeps giving me this: Error: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Users\\Tortoise\\Desktop\\Fate_Ultimate\\Fate .exe'

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm just completely confused on how to fix these.
    1. Press Windows-R on your keyboard
    2. Type in "regedit.exe", then press enter
    3. Expand either "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" or "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" , depending if you installed it for all users or just the current user.
    4. Expand the tree: "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninsta ll\Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]".
    5. Highlight "Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]"
    6. Hit the Delete key on your keyboard.
    7. Confirm the dialog box.
    8. Close regedit.exe.
    9. Attempt reinstallation of the patch.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    A guy on Reddit that I've been in touch with (the same guy that gave me that blogpost URL that I PM'd Quibi) running the v0.9.1 contacted me that things have been going well...up until the scene in Heaven's Feel with Sakura in the back alley:

click image for original full size

What do?

...and yes, when asked the guy said he forgot that print screen is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Hey guys, just gonna drop a bomb here.
    ******************#!fJ01laSJ!lu8iutMC53XQ-J2YPqesP0K3RCxdhubIgewhKOCIb3s

This is a beta version for the next release. Tons of fixes, most notably is that wide screen mode is now stable.
    If you're stuck at home 'cause of a deadly virus I hope this can ease your time
    You know, we can always make it an official release but specifically called "v1.0 beta" or the like, or release a "v0.99" or something.

And it's not like Jack has the excuse of focusing on his studies now with school closures and what-not, no?

(basically I just want an excuse to update the VNDB listing, and I don't feel comfortable linking to your post as it leaves out all the info found in the first post)

And BTW, it seems that Murphy's law really likes my father's phone - after I thought everything was working, we're running into GPS wonkiness despite it seemingly have worked before. >_< (basically it only worked for a few minutes; a modification to the "gps.conf" file seems to have fixed it so far, but we'll see if it holds...)

So yeah...I'm still working on my father's phone as I type this.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle23 View Post
    There's always the option of trying the v1.0 beta mentioned above.
    Last edited by NM64; October 19th, 2021 at 06:44 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Deleting the config.ksc file doesn't help, and I don't get any prompts when starting the game, no window appears

Hmm. I can't find 'Fate/stay night [Réalta Nua]' under either of the roots.

Nevermind I figured out why it wasn't there. I try installing again later.
    Last edited by Turtle23; March 22nd, 2020 at 08:57 AM.

Deleting the config.ksc file doesn't help, and I don't get any prompts when starting the game, no window appears
    Open a Windows Explorer window to the folder containing the game, then click on "File".

Click on "Open Command Prompt".

Type in "Fate.exe" and press enter.

Once the console output has stopped, right click, then click Select All.

Once the text has been highlighted, right click again to copy the text to your clipboard.

Open pastebin.com in your web browser.

Paste the contents into the box.

Scroll down and click "Create new paste".

Copy the link from the URL bar.

Post the URL in this forum.

I don't know what happened, but reinstalling two times again after deleting the faterealtanua_savedata folder did the trick!

Thanks for the help

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Partial list of major changes in the beta

I don't suppose there's a complete change-log somewhere?

In particular, I can think of several media-related changes that I either called attention to or in someway helped implement (and there's probably more that I'm forgetting):

• the staticy sound effect that sometimes can be heard on silent scenes (most noticeable if you just load a save) has been fixed so that it's no longer present

• any aspect ratio between 16:9 and 4:3 are now supported (particularly for fullscreen)

• all of the OPs are higher quality, especially the Vita UBW and Vita HF OPs

• the music volume for the OPs is now in-line with the rest of the VN's background music

• the background music now seamlessly loops in the last episode epilogue if you set it to disable auto-read

• remembered to include the special remix of the song "Emiya" during the final fight in Heaven's Feel

• includes all of the Trial ver. content, including exclusive background music, title screens, translation, and "demo" movie (which isn't actually a video but a lengthy in-engine cutscene)

• waifu2x'd all of the GUI elements

• the "Movie" menu now has native "high" resolution graphics
    Last edited by NM64; October 19th, 2021 at 06:44 PM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

The git repository log is the complete change log. However, it is very large.

I listed the major changes that I implemented.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; March 22nd, 2020 at 11:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't remember everything, but it's basically just a lot of bug fixes. Minor TL edits.
    @NM64 he should try the new beta...