Page 130 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3080120125128129130131132135140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

I'm noticing quite a fewline break errors for which the source always shows a similar structure: the text being split up across multipline lines because of some @if/@else statements:

Code:
    @pg
    *page43|
      [line3]……!![lr]
    @se file=se092 nowait=true
      My legs start running automatically.[lr]
      I finally realize that it is
    @if exp="sf.gtext!='realta'"
     an action
    @endif
     to escape death, and I put all the energy in my body into running away.
    @pg
    Code:
    @pg
    *page5|
    @say storage=sav0316_shi_0050
      “…Huh… what am I doing…?”[lr]
    @r
      I’m still confused.[lr]
      Why do I still
     think I
    @endif
     have to clean up, when I’ve just met something totally outrageous and been killed instantly? Am I an idiot?
    @pg
    Code:
    @pg
    *page80|
    @say storage=sav0300_shi_0210
      “I-It’s burning……!”[lr]
    @dispscroll from=102 to=102 time=0
    @bg file=A08 time=400 method=crossfade
      The back of my hand is burning.[lr]
    @if exp="sf.gtext=='realta'"
      On my left hand
    @else
      My hand feels like it’s in a fire, and on it
    @endif
     is a strange mark that looks like a tattoo.
    @pg
    Look's like the split lines are confusing the break algorithm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post

I'm noticing quite a fewline break errors for which the source always shows a similar structure: the text being split up across multipline lines because of some @if/@else statements:

Code:
    @pg
    *page43|
      [line3]……!![lr]
    @se file=se092 nowait=true
      My legs start running automatically.[lr]
      I finally realize that it is
     an action
    @endif
     to escape death, and I put all the energy in my body into running away.
    @pg
    Code:
    @pg
    *page5|
    @say storage=sav0316_shi_0050
      “…Huh… what am I doing…?”[lr]
    @r
      I’m still confused.[lr]
      Why do I still
     think I
    @endif
     have to clean up, when I’ve just met something totally outrageous and been killed instantly? Am I an idiot?
    @pg
    Code:
    @pg
    *page80|
    @say storage=sav0300_shi_0210
      “I-It’s burning……!”[lr]
    @dispscroll from=102 to=102 time=0
    @bg file=A08 time=400 method=crossfade
      The back of my hand is burning.[lr]
    @if exp="sf.gtext=='realta'"
      On my left hand
    @else
      My hand feels like it’s in a fire, and on it
    @endif
     is a strange mark that looks like a tattoo.
    @pg
    Look's like the split lines are confusing the break algorithm.
    At the moment, the wordwrap code relies on reading the scenario data text instead of parsing the tag stream, so it has issues with sizing with embedded tags and across line breaks.

With the recent optimizations of the glyph sizing related functions, it is now more profitable to remove the preprocessing functions and move to processing the tag stream just in time. This is planned to be implemented later.

This might be a noob question, but how long after a decision do i have to play for the decisions' effects (like favor points) to take effect? and do they only take effect when I play that save (so i have to replay the game for every decision) or can i play through a decision and its effects will go into effect on the other decision if I've played further on that decision?

Quote Originally Posted by thenewwwguy View Post
    This might be a noob question, but how long after a decision do i have to play for the decisions' effects (like favor points) to take effect? and do they only take effect when I play that save (so i have to replay the game for every decision) or can i play through a decision and its effects will go into effect on the other decision if I've played further on that decision?
    In the game folder, there is a Flowchart.pdf that should give you a general idea how long the decisions take to play out, and about the logic and flags behind it.

In the game folder, there is a Flowchart.pdf that should give you a general idea how long the decisions take to play out, and about the logic and flags behind it.
    Yeah so i’ve seen that and it shows the effects of a decision but i don’t know when they go into effect? For example, I got to the first decision, and I saved before making a choice—I then picked the dojo decision on my main playthrough, but I went back to the previous save and also chose the sakura decision, and saved thst on another file. Does the point I get for the Sakura decision only apply to a playthrough i play where I continue the Sakura file? Or does the favor point for Sakura also apply to the file where I chose the dojo? How do I make sure I get all the endings/Taiga Dojos if some are dependent on the favor points—does that mean I have to play the whole playthrough through for each decision?

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    While I realize that something like Anime4K and Anime4KCCP would probably give better visual results, I'd be weary of their performance requirements on older low-end iGPUs (e.g. Westmere, Sandy Bridge, etc) unless they were implemented as yet-another GUI option.

Anyway, now that AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution has been released as open source on github, I don't suppose there's any chance of it being implemented in-place of the bilinear/bicubic/lanczos upscaling that we currently use for when the program window is higher resolution than a given art asset/video?

(also, unrelated to F/sn, I really want something like this implemented in Ren'Py since Ren'Py seems to rely on just a basic bilinear for its upscaling)

Quote Originally Posted by thenewwwguy View Post
    Does the point I get for the Sakura decision only apply to a playthrough i play where I continue the Sakura file? Or does the favor point for Sakura also apply to the file where I chose the dojo?
    AFAIK the save slots work pretty much exactly like how save-states work for emulators and/or Nintendo's virtual console games, so anything that happens in-story itself such as favor points or general plot-points (e.g. Shirou telling Saber to stop at the end of day 3) are individually stored within a given save.

I believe the only things that are universally unlocked across different saves are the things that are accessible in the Extra menu as well as the title backgrounds.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Anyway, now that AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution has been released as open source on github, I don't suppose there's any chance of it being implemented in-place of the bilinear/bicubic/lanczos upscaling that we currently use for when the program window is higher resolution than a given art asset/video?
    Any type of scaling algo will probably not be implemented until the stretching/affine functions are modularized.

Every voiced line is having a static noise in the background.
    I'm playing on Kirikiroid using the files on the MEGA folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Remake View Post
    Every voiced line is having a static noise in the background.
    I'm playing on Kirikiroid using the files on the MEGA folder.
    This is a Kirikiroid bug, downgrade your Kirikiroid version. Ask in the AndroidVisualNovels discord for more information.

Question about the @quakeT. In the present RNU, this screen shake effect looks kind of different from the original engines (both 2004 and 2012):

Notice how in the RNU screenshot, the image is painted on top of a black background while shaking, while in the legacy versions, the present image was painted on top of a copy of the previous image.

Is this a bug or an engine restriction?
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; August 12th, 2021 at 05:12 AM.

Question about the @quakeT. In the present RNU, this screen shake effect looks kind of different from the original engines (both 2004 and 2012):

RNU KirikiriZ version:

Original engines:

Notice how in the RNU screenshot, the image is painted on top of a black background while shaking, while in the legacy versions, the present image was painted on top of a copy of the previous image.

Is this a bug or an engine restriction?
    BasicDrawDevice (used by default in Kirikiri Z) does not support primary layer offset, and Windows 8/Windows Server 2012 broke support for primary layer offset in PassThroughDrawDevice (used by default in Kirikiri 2).

PassThroughDrawDevice uses GDI for blitting while BasicDrawDevice uses DirectX9.

To work around the issue, a blank (0x00000000) layer is used as the primary layer, and a child layer is moved instead.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; July 17th, 2021 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    BasicDrawDevice (used by default in Kirikiri Z) does not support primary layer offset, and Windows 8/Windows Server 2012 broke support for primary layer offset in PassThroughDrawDevice (used by default in Kirikiri 2).

PassThroughDrawDevice uses GDI for blitting while BasicDrawDevice uses DirectX9.

To work around the issue, a blank (0x00000000) layer is used as the primary layer, and a child layer is moved instead.
    Is BasicDrawDevice restricted to only 1 child layer? If not, "blank primary + child with old coordinates + child with new coordinates" would produce a similar effect to the old engine.
    Alternatively, using the present image once as primary layer without offset + once as a child layer with offset would give a pretty good approximation.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 19th, 2021 at 11:08 AM.

Hey, I've recently cleared the true saber ending and my save corrupted shortly after I started the unlimited blade works path (I had at that point, unlocked the sunset background of unlimited blades work), I have since reinstalled the game, copied the save files but the xp3 files that changed your menu screen/failed endings was corrupting my game again so I wiped them.. now, weirdly, I still have the second main menu background after clearing the saber route again (blue screen)... can anyone send me a saber clear save folder with all the setting files intact please ? (clear sky one) (

well, i've resolved myself to just ctrl my way to the end from scratch again :/

- - - Updated - - -

uuuuuuuuuuuuuh

I think the patch.xp3 is missing the 2004 version of a10 in its "mature" and "mature-hd" subfolders. It's only slightly more bloody, but still...

Speaking of which, how do you actually repack to xp3 with subfolders intact? I tried using KrkrExtract v1.0.3.1 to make a new patch.xp3, which when extracted has 4 subfolders, but it leaves out those subfolders when making an xp3 file of it...

Edit:
    To answer my own question - I got xp3 repacking working properly (with subfolders) by switching from krkrextract to kiririki.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; August 12th, 2021 at 05:11 AM.

Sorry, I need some help with this bug. Is there some kind of way to fix it? It is kind of annoying having the characters sprites in front of the text.

https://imgur.com/kmVxGfc

Wtf. I don't even. Who wrote that?!
    意固地 (いこじ) usually has the meaning of "obstinate", "stubborn", "obdurate", "headstrong", "willful". Yes, "perverse" is technically also listed in the dictionary, but makes sense only in very special circumstances. This is not one of them.

There seems to be a problem with the text on the Unlimited Blade Works title screen, the glow effect is misaligned.
    https://imgur.com/L9A9QIl

This only happens in widescreen mode.

Is anybody at the moment working at HD graphic fixes? >_> NM64 maybe? You mentioned it a few years back...

My reason for asking is, a month ago I decided I'd read RN (having finished FSN only 6 years ago...) but was stopped in my tracks by annoying banding/posterisation in various of the darker, more gradient-rich backgrounds. Since I'm easily distracted by such things, I started extracting and reviewing the assets, wrote a couple of tools and helper scripts and waifued all the low res assets again so I could more easily compare the 2015 with the upscaled 2012 and 2004 versions1. Astonishingly, in half of the cases, the waifued versions were superior. In some cases, I needed to merge the high detail areas of the 2015 images with the low detail areas of the upscales2. And sometimes, the quality of the 2015 versions was just good enough to not be forced to take action. All in all, I'm using 52% of the default HD assets, 45% of plain waifu upscales and 3% of manual merges between the two, say my scripts. I also found slight corruptions in some pngs in the patch folder, some missing mature images, 2015 retrogrades that lost the changes made for the 2012 version again and misc other stuff.

What started as me fixing a few backgrounds then became me reviewing all bgimages, then me reviewing all fgimages as well (which are a much more mixed bag, quality wise). I need to check a few more (近) fgimages for which the default 2015 versions were upscaled in a less then ideal way while the waifu upscales produced some issues, but overall I feel I finally can continue reading the vn for now. (Yeah, right. I give it half an hour before I get distracted by some glitch...)

If anybody is doing something similar or is interested in this kind of stuff, let me know.

1 The custom upscales were done by waifu2x-caffe v1.2.0.2 with CUnet model to 2.0x, then downscaled by ImageMagick v2.1.0-2 using (mostly) the Hermite filer to downscale to 80%. Hermite was chosen for producing a similar sharpness as the official 2015 sources, while Lanczos and Mitchell would give an overtly sharp result - maybe preferable, but it didn't match the official look. (Directly upscaling with waifu to 1.6x instead of the waifu+IM combo was considered, but I wanted to keep 2.0x masters and wanted more control about the downscaling process...)

2 In GIMP. 2012 upscale in top layer, 2015 version in bottom layer. Erased areas in top layer where bottom layer is preferable. Saved as lossless webp. (The images were worked on at a EIZO ColorEdge CG2420.)
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 30th, 2021 at 05:58 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    At the moment, the wordwrap code relies on reading the scenario data text instead of parsing the tag stream, so it has issues with sizing with embedded tags and across line breaks.

With the recent optimizations of the glyph sizing related functions, it is now more profitable to remove the preprocessing functions and move to processing the tag stream just in time. This is planned to be implemented later.
    Is the inability to calculate wordwrap positions also the reason for the additional [r] linebreaks in lines where [line] commands are used?

セイバールート四日目-10.ks

Code:
    *page22|
    @ld pos=left file=セイバー私服12a(中) index=1000 time=400 method=crossfade
    @say storage=sav0410_SAV_0040
      “Huh? That is why I am trying to protect my Master as a [r]Servant[line3]”[lr]
    @say storage=sav0410_SHI_0140
      “No, I mean about yourself…! Geez, if you don’t understand, that’s fine! If you say any more, I’ll make you obey using my Command Spell…!”[lr]
      I breathe out hard and intimidate Saber.
    @pg
    How are these lines created internally? Are they images? I was assuming so since they have an (annoyingly) different edge/shadow from the normal text.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 31st, 2021 at 08:22 AM.