Page 46 of 143 FirstFirst ... 36414445464748515696 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Hey uh Quibi, do you need original resolution version of the assembled "mini" images?

I ask because, due to the transparency and stuff, I actually was instead using the existing mini images as the source and just overlaying the higher-quality OP thumbnails on top of it for the updated SD images. Then for the HD images I would upscale via nearest neighbor (to retain pixel clarity), make some manual adjustments to the resulting pixel alignments so that the pixel sizes and ratios are consistent between the SD and HD version, and then once again overlay the higher-quality OP thumbnails to get a resulting HD "mini" image.

So if I were to provide an original resolution of the complete assembled "mini" image, then it wouldn't actually be the source for said assembled HD "mini" image because it was effectively created and assembled directly at its needed resolution rather than downscaled from a larger original resolution like the "title" images are.

One thing I can at least do is include the thumbnails by themselves in their original resolution with the according contrast & saturation adjustments (especially since that needs to be done before adding the border gradient), and I can include the according versions with border gradient as well (which is twice as think on the "mini" images).

(also you're not allowed to complain if you don't like that my higher-quality classic_op_ubw_mini doesn't look as saturated as the existing image because I wanted to use the same settings for both that image and classic_op_fate_mini and the 2nd and 3rd thumbnails on my classic_op_fat_mini already looks more saturated than the existing classic_op_fate_mini.png/webp image so any more saturation will make Saber will look flat-out sun-burnt)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    That would almost be a non-issue for at least the tech savvy types
    It was actually the not-so tech savvy types I was concerned about since I imagine a more tech savvy person is more likely to manually check for updated software.

Also this "ultimate edition" is much easier to get up and running with all the extras and stuff than it is to get the non-ultimate edition RN PC version up and running with comparable extras.

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    if this site weren't using possibly the worst message board system ever conceived by mankind. And this is coming from someone who has been extensively using message board systems since the 90s.
    As someone that's totally not a software and coding guy, I like that this site hasn't hoped on any mobile-focused web development bandwagons that I never really liked aesthetically. Perhaps the backend of the forum is trash, but the frontend is still the sort of thing I prefer and in general I still really like how the web looked before mobile-focused stuff came into play (the most obvious other example would be vndb.org, though linuxmint.com is also a good example of a pre-mobile site design that isn't using a dark color scheme).

I mean, you can even use this forum and post without issue even with javascript disabled (if you know a bit of html that is, e.g. you need to use "<p>" or the like if you want a line-break); even when having javascript enabled it doesn't cause underclocked 800MHz CPUs to sit fully-pegged for a full minute, so overclocked to 4.5GHz results in this site flying.
    Last edited by NM64; September 7th, 2019 at 03:08 AM.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    "One thing I can at least do is include the thumbnails by themselves in their original resolution with the according contrast & saturation adjustments [...]"
    ^do that

OK cool.

(you're also not allowed to complain that the gradient looks a bit different from the existing images - it's almost impossible to make them completely match since the original entire images are quite dithered, and that plus the general higher-quality image makes it look inherently more contrast-y)

Aww poo I just realized, by me making that last post it caused this thread to go to a new page and now Quibi has an excuse to not voice his thoughts on my "update notification" idea.

Blog Entries
    I was against the auto-download feature from the beginning, and not going to bother maintaining it.
    If anon wanna do it he has my blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I was against the auto-download feature from the beginning, and not going to bother maintaining it.
    If anon wanna do it he has my blessing.
    Honestly you can scrap it. Of the few changes I made that I thought were vital, the whole update thing is not one of them. I don't have time to do anything this semester
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; September 7th, 2019 at 11:59 AM.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

I myself was certainly not a fan of it either.

...but, uh Quibi, it's not like an update checker requires an auto-downloader. When an update is found, selecting [Yes] could simply just open your default browser and link you the first post of this thread.

EDIT: As a real-world example, this is how the Windows builds of mkvtoolnix works - it does automatically checks for updates, but clicking "download" on the "new update" window just opens the web page mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html in your default browser.
    Last edited by NM64; September 7th, 2019 at 02:44 PM.

It's possible to use httprequest to just retrieve simple text data from websites like this one, pastebin, roblox, github, etc. using regex captures as needed signifying the latest version. If the number is bigger then the current one, a dialog box could be opened similar to the following: "Information about the latest version of this program is available on the World Wide Web." and the options would be: "Open using default web browser" / "Copy URL to clipboard" / "Show QR Code" / "Ignore for this version" / "Ignore for all versions" / "Close"

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    did this thread get linked somewhere recently?
    Not that I'm aware of, I've been passively watching this thread ever since the Ultimate Edition thread was made on Reddit 'cause I couldn't get the game to save properly and it was super buggy on macos. I didn't want to waste someone's time asking for help after I saw that it was being ported to macos anyways (I'm not tech savvy at all compared to you guys).

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Yes, there has been any progress with that.
    Hey, nice to hear! Sorry I had to bother you by asking, I couldn't find any progress updates and navigating this forum in general was tough. I'm impressed by your dedication though man, keep it up!
    Last edited by Arcus; September 7th, 2019 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Extra clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
    Not that I'm aware of, I've been passively watching this thread ever since the Ultimate Edition thread was made on Reddit 'cause I couldn't get the game to save properly and it was super buggy on macos. I didn't want to waste someone's time asking for help after I saw that it was being ported to macos anyways (I'm not tech savvy at all compared to you guys).

Hey, nice to hear! Sorry I had to bother you by asking, I couldn't find any progress updates and navigating this forum in general was tough. I'm impressed by your dedication though man, keep it up!

What are the current issues that you are having on macOS ?

EDIT: Another thing that I'm not going to allow anybody to complain about regarding my elusive improved OP videos - that my versions of the PS2 OPs look less bright and/or more "washed out".

The currently-used PS2 OP videos looks like a mid to late 2000s video game with "bloom lighting on all of the things"...and I really don't like that look. So for that reason my PS2 OP encodes have the contrast not quite as cranked up.

It's possible to use httprequest to just retrieve simple text data from websites like this one, pastebin, roblox, github, etc.
    In addition to my idea of implementing such a thing for Fate.exe, it would also probably be a good idea to use it in the installer as well in place of the existing automatic downloader chupathingy that it currently has.
    Last edited by NM64; September 8th, 2019 at 02:55 AM.

Fukasawa's fellow worshipper xClamintus's Avatar
    Actually... I've kept it a secret from you all.
    But the reason I was gone for 9 months was because I went to Japan to take IRL photos of all FSN locations.
    Next patch will replace all backgrounds with their IRL counterparts.

Here's a sneak peek:
    Spoiler:

Emiya Household:

Also, the game will be played from Saber's POV:
    Spoiler:

This is a very important choice:

So, finally we have a RTX patch for Fate/Stay Night and it looks great!
    So realistic :v

I'm glad

May i ask how this work and if someone could use it to update Tsukihime not like the remake coming anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    May i ask how this work and if someone could use it to update Tsukihime not like the remake coming anytime soon
    What exactly are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    To be honest, I've humored myself in thinking about using I think it was PonScripter combined with waifu2x'd art assets to at least allow rendering Tsukihime at a higher resolution.

I only say this because I think I experimented with using I think PonScripter to render Tsukihime with a larger window something like a decade ago but I don't think I then did anything with trying to make the art assets larger or something. I really don't remember the details, and it's totally not something I would say will be a proper project or the like - rather more of an experiment to tinker around with. If I ever do anything more with the concept then I figured I could at least share my results with the world.

Thing is, my standards for text legibility have increased in the last decade. While I used to be fine with reading lots of text at 640x480 in fullscreen on my CRT monitor thanks to their multisync capability, today it provides too much of a scanline effect that I'm not a fan of for lots of reading (I find that 800x600 has become my new minimum for VNs in fullscreen on a CRT monitor), and I don't like the overly-blurred pixels or straight up pixelated pixels you get with an LCD or OLED screen for such small resolution text.

Just trying something out. Please ignore this message.

Code:
    -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

owGbwMvMwMX4b0nkilMiGdGMpw8kJDHEVuvJuTmGuIa6lhakZOal5dcYmppZGJsa
    mxiZ1Hi7+5Ul5fkZeAc75oSX56d75gUVJIWHVaW4u5UkO3umB4SYpPuGhBr5u/ga
    +lYFVvo5l3t7OnsVJOVGlYWFefl6ZjpaBmQ6ZiZ6BBkku+SX+RhFlSXnhZUkV5qW
    JudFlSZH+FX65ALtCLasSnS3NE5xz6iMCnfL9slzyk92tjDxzfI09cwEm2kUFeFV
    lRhuWQozMyXLsdQ/2AQmn5OS61YMkws1zgG6MazEJzenNCrXsjIpOD0vJDfM2NMj
    Kic5z68gycgkPTIiKiMxvCIjMrcix6sy29wzvSClJjUvBSUwOpmMWRgYuRhkxRRZ
    Lp/saf5lyfTbYLV7CCwMWZlA4cfAxSkAEzmTLMCwf2Lgm4xr2+PnHpF74hu3OX7n
    lePO8c4ia80n8atZBqYV8WUYBMvqRyxPc1xn9mLD+YCl1659ZKt6G7d5qv/VbCv+
    m73lX3nNvub4rbmy+wnr5Ng3KqXhJafOSVz5YipuELGs+Oxu6+Tc1286nu++3noz
    z1vhCzvryzu/tkpZ2cybdk/p8INtFqqxl0/uT5i87uQVph1TBc0NIo3+bpoW1PxI
    22OV6rbFf4L5b8qmRl29+5NfMYdReCtb/oZFKY/cOu2erpg2y+DAZsUIMeejP/j0
    nhyW50zslZGd7NZwYzuTUJ/2O86IDReWeSVOmtjiHcU/+eWkwpfzpE4zTthcX6LA
    H5jCqut2M8D6y+cjkezlhzKdPjE8MMq92ekrx/fygQxz0UOXtZwL/91juyxwRWx+
    McOOe694jlR9nqMu3Oavd8ds4ibG2hW3BL6aPTjaIJ53rOnG6pIK76iGzJhtVZ93
    7q2PVZc2bnVQfHWp11jDIjnssrC29vU9bvUFHytiuC7OcHKIUeXI/fH7xHuOKT8U
    GNy1bZnY9aMbuyeUSTTzi2g51CTYLj/FLnFAnDHHYNOio9+P6v/h/Xn11N/YpNBa
    nUvPH9hzZ5nLpf2eYj/f9+Ver6fLdunYP8g5xe+okHjU815g17wrDBaZZZwLzH83
    vipinu0VE3n1l1WbpNYfJiPJaaxZ7M6+pzp+75l2d7u/PofWinWe1gA=
    =89AS
    -----END PGP MESSAGE-----
    Last edited by Alyinghood; September 13th, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

Apologies for the super late reply; but this was months ago (when the ultimate edition was first posted on reddit) when I tried to run it and I've since forgotten and had to wipe my computer for unrelated reasons.

Question for anyone reading:

Does anyone here get the message "Checking your Browser before accessing" when accessing this website?

Speaking of somewhat off-topic tech things and my previous post where I mentioned my CRT monitor, remember when all of you made fun of me for using and preferring a CRT monitor over an LCD?

Well funny thing about that subject which I just discovered today.

Does anyone here get the message "Checking your Browser before accessing" when accessing this website?
    I do not get this on BL regardless of whether I'm logged in or not (I do still get it on some other sites though, but I've never seen it on BL).

...but I also use a non-mainstream web browser (Pale Moon) with its built-in user agent compatibility settings changed from the default and set to "native" (so it actually reports itself as "Pale Moon" rather than "Firefox").

Quote Originally Posted by koioniaku View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/kE74iVa
    Yo, i'm getting this patch.xp3 error. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
    Looking through krkr.console, it says it cannot find "fate.cf" so I don't know if that could be something to do with it.
    I've been having this issue as well and it appears to be a problem with the downloader. If you look at the files, patch.xp3 and various other patches are 4kb in size when they should be a couple hundred mb. Downloading the patches manually and copying them into the folder solved the problem for me.