Page 12 of 143 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Blog Entries
    Saves should be backward compatible.
    There must have been a fuck up somewhere but nothing that can't be fixed.

Just one more anecdote on the value of CTRLing - the prologue is three giant long scenes and there's no way to skip any of them, not to mention some individual scenes can be long too, like the final battle in the Fate route and even the climax of UBW.
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Make a 32 program that downloads the correct installer based on the user os! /s

Even if I'm not here I'm always in your heart. Remember that every time you toggle a switch.

I actually looked into the issue of why HD is slower. I know there is an overhead with my choice of implementation, but I did it knowingly. I think it's easier to maintain that way. Anyway, since my old pc can run it fine, and it's only when you try to skip, it's not a very big issue.

About variable aspect ratio. Should be very easy to achieve. It's just changing the wideRatio variable in patch_hd.tjs.
    Making a dynamic switch out of it is possible but a little tricky. If you just want to test other kind of aspect ratios just change its value manually.
    It currently does, it is just why bother uploading a 64 bit version if there is no performance difference

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I'm not really sure what data I can provide - do you mean you want me to see if there's a noticeable performance difference on various CPUs and such compared to your own test?

The relative difference should still stay the same regardless of what CPU you use, but that's just it - the relative difference, not absolute. The "only 2 minutes longer" value you stated means nothing without also knowing how long the entire merge process took.
    What I will hopefully present tomorrow night will automatically generate a log of function calls, run times, etc. The main feature in question is of course the merger but it appears that the real bottleneck is the os and the generation of files. All I have left to do is make the progress bar for the installer updating look nice, and upload some actual testfiles.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    About variable aspect ratio. Should be very easy to achieve. It's just changing the wideRatio variable in patch_hd.tjs.
    Making a dynamic switch out of it is possible but a little tricky. If you just want to test other kind of aspect ratios just change its value manually.
    Assuming that everything "just works" as one would want it to, ideally it shouldn't even need an option and it should just always be active for fullscreen when "wide" is selected, no? (Again, there isn't really a reason why anybody with something like a 3:2 screen would want letterboxing in fullscreen if they could instead have actual legit 3:2 fullscreen)

Now for windowed mode I could see things being a bit trickier, but is that not what the option "fixed size" is supposed to manage? With it checked you only get specific sizes and ratios - 4:3 and 16:9. With it unchecked however, shouldn't you be able to resize the window to whatever size and/or ratio, thereby meaning that the variable aspect ratio function currently being disabled is exactly why that setting seems to make absolutely no difference in window sizing behavior whether it's unchecked or checked?

my old pc can run it fine
    You really should elaborate what CPU your old PC has as 8 year old desktop CPUs can very much have faster single-threaded performance than modern mobile CPUs.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Saves should be backward compatible.
    There must have been a fuck up somewhere but nothing that can't be fixed.
    Gonna grab crash data on this then so don't touch that dial.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, the console doesn't report any errors.

This is all I get.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Blog Entries
    The wide screen factor could be automatically determined from the desktop resolution, yes. We'd just need some testing in various ratios to make sure it works in practice.

We'd just need some testing in various ratios to make sure it works in practice.
    That's easy enough to achieve with the use of custom resolutions: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/T...on-Utility-CRU

Another thing I'd like to note is trying to use my old saves resulted in the textbox getting weird.
    Spoiler:

This image is actually from a bug report on Reddit, but reinstalling it seemed to fix it for that person.
    Memorable quotes

I'm sorry I'm repeating myself, but nobody answered me.
    Have you by any chance extracted the HD-CGs from "saber.dat" and the other two routes' .dat files of Réalta Nua's Android version? Because I'm trying to edit those files to translate the game in Italian, but I don't know how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubo View Post
    Have you by any chance extracted the HD-CGs from "saber.dat" and the other two routes' .dat files of Réalta Nua's Android version? Because I'm trying to edit those files to translate the game in Italian, but I don't know how to do it.
    There's a python script floating around that will do that for you. Use google to find it.

IHave you by any chance extracted the HD-CGs from "saber.dat" and the other two routes' .dat files of Réalta Nua's Android version?
    I believe that is in fact how things were done?

All I know is that pretty much all of the HD art assets were directly used as-is from the iOS/Android version which used WebP while PC RN used PNG. Because this "ultimate edition" doesn't natively support WebP images, we're using some sort of WebP plugin which requires c++ 2015 32bit to be installed (which should be included with the installer, but sometimes a borky c++ 2015 installation will prevent the installer from even running) which itself requires the newest service pack.

If you go peeking at the contents of the various XP3 files (such as bgimage.xp3 and patch_hd.xp3), you will see how the "low" quality 800x600 images are PNG while the "high" quality 1280x960 images are WebP.

The HD assets ARE from the mobile version. I said as much in the release video....
    Memorable quotes

Hey, is it possible to run "ultimate edition" in exclusive fullscreen rather than borderless windowed?

The PC-DL version runs in exclusive fullscreen if your desktop resolution was set to a 4:3 aspect ratio (such as 1024x768) when you launched the VN, and I believe the original 2004 PC version only runs in exclusive fullscreen.

(obviously I'm only referring to when running in fullscreen)

Hey, is it possible to run "ultimate edition" in exclusive fullscreen rather than borderless windowed?

The PC-DL version runs in exclusive fullscreen if your desktop resolution was set to a 4:3 aspect ratio (such as 1024x768) when you launched the VN, and I believe the original 2004 PC version only runs in exclusive fullscreen.

(obviously I'm only referring to when running in fullscreen)
    Okay as someone who has a dual screen setup, may I ask why you'd want it that way?
    Memorable quotes

Oh well now this is interesting - it seems that the previous non-ultimate PC-RN version does not get identified as a 3D-accelerated program by my frame rate counter, and running it with exclusive fullscreen did not change this.

So the real question should be, what changed between non-ultimate and ultimate edition to cause this discrepancy in behavior? This is quite possibly why VRR is borking out now when it (presumably) did not before.

Oh, tanks. Now, I'm trying to edit the text inside that file (I'd like to change the Japanese text with the Italian one), but I don't know how. Please could you help me?

Alright we need to regroup on the issue of old saves not working. Annon, do you have any idea what bug might be causing the old saves to not work? Because Quibi said his remained compatible throughout all of his development work so something is missing here.

Also I thought the opening playback issue didn't affect my old saves but it does. Everything plays fine but the UBW and HF Vita OPs do not. This does not surprise me that Quibi failed to notice this as he was still using my old Vita TV recordings and I bet those worked just fine. I have logs to report on the failure to play:
    console
    16:26:39 ==== An exception occured at movie.tjs(210)[(function) open], VM ip = 81 ====16:26:39 -- Disassembled VM code --16:26:39 #(210) super.open(storage);16:26:39 00000081 calld %0, %2.*10(%-3) // *10 = (string)"open"16:26:39 -- Register dump --16:26:39 %-4=(void) %-3=(string)"psvita_op_ubw.mp4"16:26:39 %-2=(object)(object 0x015DE858:0x00000000)16:26:39 %-1=(object)(object 0x054EED80:0x054EED80) %0=(void)16:26:39 %1=(object)(object 0x002209D8:0x00000000)16:26:39 %2=(object)(object 0x03FDCAF8:0x00000000) %3=(string)"//i/\\.mp4$"16:26:39 %4=(real)12016:26:39 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------16:26:39 ムービー psvita_op_ubw.mp4 を再生できません : Faild to open stream.
    Memorable quotes

Regarding the recent comment on Reddit, something changed - I uploaded the publically available installer and it's showing the problem we originally had where eight different anti-virus programs flag it:
    https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/bf...1010/detection

What happened to the version of the 32bit installer where we got it down to two?:
    https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/f0...e88e/detection

Also for reference, this is what the current 64bit installer shows on VirusTotal:
    https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/69...cdf5/detection

In general, it might make people feel better if you include a note saying that a false positive may occur in some rare instances with lesser-known antivirus software and then link to VirusTotal.

...though it might not be worth it to go through the trouble with such a thing until we have the updated installer.

Speaking of VirusTotal, the default file name for the installer makes VirusTotal unhappy which is kind of a pain if we're trying to make it clear to people that the file in question is in fact clean.

What happened to the version of the 32bit installer where we got it down to two?:
    https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/f0...e88e/detection
    Uh 8? This is what I was told by Annon in PM:
    "So unfortunately I had to rebuild the bootloader because I deleted it trying to insert the new icon. It now marks 4 hits on virus total"
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    Uh 8? This is what I was told by Annon in PM:
    "So unfortunately I had to rebuild the bootloader because I deleted it trying to insert the new icon. It now marks 4 hits on virus total"
    Wait, has the publically-available installer been updated since you initially posted it? I'm only refering the initial publically-available installer because it was my impression that the currently-available version is still the same as the initial publically-available version.

And it's a bit of a pain for me to check since 2GB is a big file to download - it'd take me like an hour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    This is what I was told by Annon in PM:
    As much as I wanted the new icon, I actually would prefer fewer results on VirusTotal than having a fancier installer icon. I don't suppose it's possible to go back to having just 2 if we ditch the higher-resolution icon?