Page 47 of 143 FirstFirst ... 37424546474849525797 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by baggedwater View Post
    I've been having this issue as well and it appears to be a problem with the downloader. If you look at the files, patch.xp3 and various other patches are 4kb in size when they should be a couple hundred mb. Downloading the patches manually and copying them into the folder solved the problem for me.
    Did you save the 4kb files? What was in the first 4 bytes of those files?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Question for anyone reading:

Does anyone here get the message "Checking your Browser before accessing" when accessing this website?
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Speaking of somewhat off-topic tech things and my previous post where I mentioned my CRT monitor, remember when all of you made fun of me for using and preferring a CRT monitor over an LCD?

Well funny thing about that subject which I just discovered today.

I do not get this on BL regardless of whether I'm logged in or not (I do still get it on some other sites though, but I've never seen it on BL).

...but I also use a non-mainstream web browser (Pale Moon) with its built-in user agent compatibility settings changed from the default and set to "native" (so it actually reports itself as "Pale Moon" rather than "Firefox").
    I still use frickin' old ass Internet Explorer lol, and even I never get that message, on BL or otherwise.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

The reason why I'm asking if you see that message is that I want to make sure that the update checker works properly when hitting this website.

This is basically how the new update checker will work:
    1. Retrieve HTTP(S) data from multiple endpoints
    2. Regex out RFC 4880 header and footer
    3. Remove extra whitespace, XML, and HTML tags
    4. Verify RFC 4880 data using krpgpverify, a interface to netpgpverify
    5. Use data with the highest timestamp
    6. Evaluate dictionary data containing a message and link to download the update

Blog Entries
    @NM64 - a couple of questions.

I'm comparing the vita ost with the mobile ost and (both have the remixed ost ofc):
    • I noticed bgm50 is vita-only? I mean it's not being used in RN, only classic, so it makes sense the mobile version doesn't include it -- but then it shouldn't be present in the vita as well.
    • bgm22, bgm40, bgm49, bgm70 - I think those are not remixes but rather remasters. Are they better quality than the original bgm and should be used instead?

i love the smell of progress in the morning +__+

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    This is basically how the new update checker will work
    But when is it set to actually run?

• When you double-click the installer?
    • When you double-click Fate.exe?
    • Both of the above?
    • None of the above?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    I still use frickin' old ass Internet Explorer lol
    Now is that by choice or because you're forced into using it?

(the only reason I can think of for the latter is if you're using a Windows OS that's older than XP)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    noticed bgm50 is vita-only? I mean it's not being used in RN, only classic, so it makes sense the mobile version doesn't include it -- but then it shouldn't be present in the vita as well.
    Isn't that the fancy loop recreation that Jack made back for the non-ultimate edition that is also presumably implemented for ultimate edition as well because the actual Vita and mobile versions always just play the entire "Light and Darkness" ~ "Hikari to Yami" song rather than follow what the original VN did, that is only playing and looping that specific portion the song until you reach that one part of the story where you get the sketch-like CG depicting half of Shirou's angry face at which point the song kicks in the electric guitars?

]bgm22, bgm40, bgm49, bgm70 - I think those are not remixes but rather remasters. Are they better quality than the original bgm and should be used instead?
    Deja vu, I've been in this place before...

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Could you verify if those are remastered versions with better quality?
    bgm40 seems to be exactly the same, but the iOS/Android rip has a weirdly low bitrate (considerably lower than the other songs) so stick with the version we have.

For bgm49 and bgm51, the iOS/Android version is better, especially for bgm51 (the existing version we use is one of those "loudness war" victims, but the iOS/Android version is not).
    For bgm22, the Vita remaster is better quality but do note that its composition isn't exactly the same - the beginning fades in rather than just immediately starts, and the actual waveform of the Vita remaster continues/re-loops for nearly an entire extra minute.

As for bgm70, it is indeed just a remaster but with extremely minimal improvement to the dynamic range, and of course the OST version of the remaster is a total loudness war victim.

Therefore, the actual best version of that song is the one you can find in the PM I just sent you - that is, an OGG Vorbis encode of that song from the PS2 OST which is barely at all a loudness war victim at all, to the point that I wouldn't think it even was if it weren't for the fact that the vorbis encodes used in the VN(s) have ever so slightly better dynamic range.

(heck the copy included in RN PC probably would have been just as high quality if it didn't use an absolutely ancient Vorbis encoder from 2003 - Vorbis as a format was only 2 years old at that point! But even though mobile version was encoded with a non-ancient Vorbis encoder, it still doesn't sound as good - perhaps it's due to its lower bitrate, but it is worth pointing out that the Vorbis encoder I'm using is newer still).
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

What is the difference between classic and original BGM?

Quote Originally Posted by Arilando View Post
    What is the difference between classic and original BGM?
    To my understanding, classic is the 2004 BGM and original is what was already in the game.

PS: I'm here, I just really can't do much atm.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Someone should probably come up with a way to label that which isn't confusing even to me who was around back when the project goal of the time was to patch Realta Nua into the original Fate.

死者 Corpse
    Hi,

First off I just want to give a big thanks to all who have been involved in creating this amazing translation patch! I am about to start a play-through with the existing patches and just wanted to check if my saves will still work after a new version of the patch comes out (I can see one is due for release some time in the near future)? Will it be best to wait for the updated patches before I start playing through or am I safe to start now?

I occasionally hear a strange crackling sound. It happens every time i load up a game. This is not supposed to happen, is it?

I occasionally hear a strange crackling sound. It happens every time i load up a game. This is not supposed to happen, is it?
    This has been fixed and will be in the next release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnite-Productions View Post
    Hi,

First off I just want to give a big thanks to all who have been involved in creating this amazing translation patch! I am about to start a play-through with the existing patches and just wanted to check if my saves will still work after a new version of the patch comes out (I can see one is due for release some time in the near future)? Will it be best to wait for the updated patches before I start playing through or am I safe to start now?
    Feel free to play now. The saves will be compatible in case there is an update.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; September 24th, 2019 at 02:00 AM.

When will the next release be?

When will the next release be?
    Whenever it is released. Don't hold your breath.

First, thank you all for your effort here at Beast’s Lair. I have been thoroughly enjoying the game and your work. I have the game running fine on macosx and managed to install it using the pinned post from the Fate Stay Night reddit (PlayonMac, LAVfilters).

I do however, have some major questions regarding the macosx installation of the Ultimate Edition.

• Do I copy the installer into the same virtual drive with the route folders (exe, crack files, etc) and link the file path for each route to those folders when prompted by the installer?

• I already manually downloaded and placed the new Ultimate Edition patch files in the 'faterealtanua_savedata' along with the patch files that were there previously. So the folder contains both the original patch files and the new patch (patch.xp3, patch_hd.xp3, etc.) files.

Only the original edition works. There is no option for HD graphics or any of the new Ultimate edition features.
    On the top toolbar of the game window there are no options ("Patch" -> "Options" ->) for the Ultimate Edition.

I would greatly appreciate input of any kind. Thanks so much! (Please help)

To the first one, yes.

To the 2nd, you need to remove the original patch files if you want the Ultimate Edition patch to work.

Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    To the first one, yes.

To the 2nd, you need to remove the original patch files if you want the Ultimate Edition patch to work.
    Thank you for your response.

1. So if I place the Ultimate Edition installer exe into something like C drive -> Program Files (where the FSN game folders currently are) it will work?
    2. Ah, so you do remove the old patches. I was wrong.

So I remove the old patches and put the new ones in the 'faterealtanua_savedata' folder and then put the intstaller in the virtual drive and run it. I'll try this when get home from work tonight. Once again, greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by UrukHeir; September 24th, 2019 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Formatting...

Blog Entries
    I think you're greatly misunderstanding on how to install the ultimate edition...
    You just double click the installer and install it. Not need to manually copy files.
    The patches aren't even placed in "faterealtanua_savedata", and the installer takes care of removing the old patches so they won't interfere.
    The installer exe is not the game exe...... You don't need to place it in the game directory. You can run it from anywhere.

I think you're greatly misunderstanding on how to install the ultimate edition...
    You just double click the installer and install it. Not need to manually copy files.
    The patches aren't even placed in "faterealtanua_savedata", and the installer takes care of removing the old patches so they won't interfere.
    The installer exe is not the game exe...... You don't need to place it in the game directory. You can run it from anywhere.
    You're probably right, but I got confused because I'm installing it on macosx. From what I understand right now, it should work as long as the installer is in the same PlayOnMac virtual drive as the FSN game folders (Fate, UBW, HeavensFeel).

I got the original running fine but when I went to run the installer it couldn't find the three game file path folders that it asks for. I believe this was because I put my installer in a separate virtual drive.

I'll try again tonight, this time with the installer and game folders in the same virtual drive.

Blog Entries
    I see, I might have misunderstood your problem. I thought you mixed the old patch and this one.

Also, I plan to release the next patch within a month (give or take).