Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133138141142143
Results 2,841 to 2,847 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Thank you very much for continuing to answer these questions and sorry for repeating the music ones. The music question was a spur of the moment thing, but at least now I know for certain.

I didn't know that the choice boxes look exactly like the PS2 version, but that doesn't really change my opinion of them looking worse than the screenshot of the original that you linked. Too bad there's no patch for that, but I just gotta deal with it that they look like this now.

Thanks again for your time and to everyone else who worked and still works on this.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    This does kind of make me wonder if there's a possibility of a future version of Ultimate Edition allowing for custom aspect ratios separately from the existing 4:3, 16:9, and "match desktop" (particularly for fullscreen).

Or maybe just include an in-between "half-way" option with a 14:9 ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    The widescreen "cheating" thing you mentioned is way over my head
    I'm guessing you have no experience with custom resolutions then?

Because, to be honest, what I described is all of like 2 steps, and the stuff about having GPU scaling enabled and set to not stretch to fill the screen is the very same fix we used back in the day of the "Mirror Moon English insertion patch" where some people would have graphical errors in the black-bar region so the work-around was to simply set your desktop resolution to a non-widescreen one (but then, if the GPU scaling wasn't set correctly, you'd get what I called "fat Saber").

...or do you not even have experience dealing with display resolutions at all? Because the next thing I was going to ask is that you could simply change your desktop resolution to something like 1024x768 and tell me if you get black bars or not - if you do then it's possible that you're already half way there (you can farther confirm this by looking at the on-screen display for your monitor or TV if you do in fact have black bars when running your desktop at 1024x768 - if your monitor or TV does not list the current resolution as 1024x768 but instead says it's some larger one like 1920x1080, then that's perfect).
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    I started a new thread which I will be updating:
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...e-Edition-2022
    Please move all discussion there - going to ask mods to lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I started a new thread which I will be updating
    Grammar error:
    The latest change dates to 2021-06-15 (for "patch.xp3").
    The bolded "to" should be something like "are" instead.

EDIT: I'm a derp that forgot that "dates" can be a verb.

going to ask mods to lock.
    You should also probably have them put a big text link in the first post pointing to the new thread, especially since the current version of ultimate edition automatically opens this thread when you have an error.

EDIT: Also my OCD requests that you remove a single line-break in the (Optional) How do I know if I have the latest version of all the patch files? directly above the list of file dates since it looks weird that it's the only list with two line-breaks before it. EDIT: Fixed.

EDIT 2: Similarly, I request that, in the (Optional) How do I know if the installer worked correctly? that you either remove the line-break directly before "Use a tool (such as 7-zip" or add a second line-break. EDIT: Fixed.

EDIT 3: Lastly I request that you change the imgur link to something else since imgur for the last year or so basically no longer allows you to directly view the image without them also redirecting you to their full-fat webpage (which is particularly annoying when the image in question is only 10KB). You're welcome to do my cheaty-solution of uploading to ttm.sh and then mirroring to archive.is and then directly linking the archived image rather than the webpage - you know, like this.

EDIT 4: Unless you want to keep it really secret, you may or may not want to include some of the text under "Even more secret thing that's really stupid and I can't believe we implemented it" from Jack's opening post as, last I checked, the functionality and configuration it describes is completely undocumented elsewhere unless the functionality is exposed in a more obvious manner in newer versions of Ultimate Edition.
    Last edited by NM64; December 13th, 2021 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Grammar error:
    The bolded "to" should be something like "are" instead.
    "dates" was not meant as a plural noun but as a verb. Does that not work? "There was a change. It dates to that time."

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    "dates" was not meant as a plural noun but as a verb.
    Oh right, that is a thing. Carry on.

[insert joke about Saber and the word "date" here]

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I started a new thread which I will be updating:
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...e-Edition-2022
    Please move all discussion there - going to ask mods to lock.
    Understood.