Page 134 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3484124129132133134135136139 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher Attic View Post
    You can!
    Thanks Good to know

Also I got the Ultimate Edition VN working with the Vita OPs now. Had to just use the force mpv workaround for now. Was still on 0.90 instead of 1.0 beta of Ultimate Edition so updating it took a bit of hassle but all is good now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Don't use the referred guide

You might just want to try starting over with a pre-patched portable version.

My post here can help you with that, in this case "Option B" or "Option C":
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...67#post3115467
    I used Option C and that worked. (Option B was out of the question, because torrents.)

The only issue now is that the OPs won't play. I checked the codecs with CodecTweakTool and they're all enabled (unchecked). Then I used a workaround mentioned earlier in the thread about mpv.exe, nothing.
    I should also mention that they don't work ingame OR in the extras menu.
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss
    Quote me on this, 10 years from now TM will not release a global VN work.

Got this error at the start of Day 4 in the UBW route.

https://imgur.com/a/OlfEreP

Here are the files, ****************************drive/folde...2K?usp=sharing

Hey there.

I have an important question, but please let me start off by making clear that I'm not trying to discredit the current translation (and especially the effort the translators made which is amazing for this kind of project).
    I've been reading FSN in Japanese for a while now, hand in hand with the English script for when the JP gets too complicated, and also to compare my understanding (because it can be a challenging read most of the time given what I consider a rather affected writing style, and that's precisely one of the things that make me look up to the the translators.)
    However, I could not help but notice that in the English translation there are quite a lot of things that are frequently left out. Fortunately, it's mostly extra stuff that mainly serves the purpose of embellishing the sentences/descriptions and that, let's be honest, only bloats up the sentences unnecessarily (I presume this is another instance of what to me seems like an affected writing style). So this translation is what I call a "reductive translation" since most of the time it's only the gist of things that makes it to English and those little details get lost.

Now on to my point. I'm not sure why the translation was handled this way but I can imagine that maybe it had to do with the scoop of the project itself and leaving out non-crucial details was probably an effective way of speeding things up back then (and since I'd very much like to know more details about the story and people involved in the translation I'd appreciate info/timelines on it.) Another reason I can think of is the translation going under revision by proofreaders to make it more fluent (if this was done.) Given those possible reasons, I completely understand why the translation turned out this way.

So I'd like to know, has the team considered retranslating the game to make it more detail-accurate? Or is that door being left open for an official English translation?

I don't know the details behind why Type-Moon hasn't released this game in the west even though quite a lot of spin-offs have been already localized, but for a game almost 20 years old and with a franchise enjoying so much success in the west, I suppose the logical thing to do (even from a business standpoint) would be to release it at some point, so I kind of think it should come to happen, if there's nothing holding back legally. (Again, I don't know why it hasn't happened so fill me in if I'm missing something. I only like Fate Series but I don't simp for Type-Moon and what it's turned into.)

Could someone tell me how to force mpv? I can't get through the prologue because of this. I found in this thread that you have to do it through Patch -> Movies, but I don't have the Movies option. I installed all the patches from the first page manually and I put mpv.exe into the Fate installation. I'm on M1 Mac using Wineskin. Or should I just install LAVFilters?

Quote Originally Posted by MachoCheez View Post
    Edit: This was supposed to quote RadonCRM and ArkadeKen but didn't for some reason. Don't know if I can add quotes after the fact ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    <...>
    Once that was done after launching the Wrapper.app the game ran just fine other than the Vita OPs not working and black screening the game. This could be fixed by installing LAV filters or something else so I'll try and see what I can do about that.
    Hey there, I've only just noticed your post. So how's it going on your side with LAVFilters?
    Last edited by RadonCRM; August 31st, 2021 at 06:48 PM. Reason: mentioned MachoCheez

I think there is an layer bug in Tiger Dojo 7 that was actually introduced with FSN-RN 2012 and is still there in FSN-RNU.

In the scene, Taiga and Illya are talking when an SD version of Rin enter from the right, passes behind Illya to the center, then after a few lines, flips and leaves the stage again to the right, passing behind Illya again. The "behind Illya" part is imported because of perspective - Rin is way in the background.

This is what it looks like in 2004:

This is what it looks like in 2012 & RNU:

Looking at the script, the only animation related difference seems to be the macro change @ldall to @ldallT, which is not the cause of the issue (I tried changing it back, but the bug persisted).

Code:
    2004: @ldall l=藤道場01d(中) r=イリヤ道場03a人形(中) il=1000 ir=2000 method=crossfade time=200
    2012: @ldallT l=藤道場01d(中) r=イリヤ道場03a人形(中) il=1000 ir=2000 method=crossfade time=200
    Or maybe the bug is caused by changes of some of the macros themselves. No clue.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMan659 View Post
    Got this error at the start of Day 4 in the UBW route.

https://imgur.com/a/OlfEreP

Here are the files, ****************************drive/folde...2K?usp=sharing
    Odd. Can't replicate this from my side.

Could you try using "Start" from the title screen, then skipping the scenes until you get to that point?

Quote Originally Posted by RadonCRM View Post
    Could someone tell me how to force mpv? I can't get through the prologue because of this. I found in this thread that you have to do it through Patch -> Movies, but I don't have the Movies option.
    It appears you don't have the latest version of the patch.

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    I think there is an layer bug in Tiger Dojo 7 that was actually introduced with FSN-RN 2012 and is still there in FSN-RNU.

In the scene, Taiga and Illya are talking when an SD version of Rin enter from the right, passes behind Illya to the center, then after a few lines, flips and leaves the stage again to the right, passing behind Illya again. The "behind Illya" part is imported because of perspective - Rin is way in the background.

This is what it looks like in 2004:

This is what it looks like in 2012 & RNU:

Looking at the script, the only animation related difference seems to be the macro change @ldall to @ldallT, which is not the cause of the issue (I tried changing it back, but the bug persisted).

Code:
    2004: @ldall l=藤道場01d(中) r=イリヤ道場03a人形(中) il=1000 ir=2000 method=crossfade time=200
    2012: @ldallT l=藤道場01d(中) r=イリヤ道場03a人形(中) il=1000 ir=2000 method=crossfade time=200
    Or maybe the bug is caused by changes of some of the macros themselves. No clue.
    This may possibly be an error in the layer order mode being changed from relative mode to absolute mode (or the opposite).

A update to the Vita version is in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoCheez View Post
    Also I got the Ultimate Edition VN working with the Vita OPs now. Had to just use the force mpv workaround for now. Was still on 0.90 instead of 1.0 beta of Ultimate Edition so updating it took a bit of hassle but all is good now.
    Great to know it works on M1 with that engine and the MPV workaround. Glad I was able to help in some type of way.

Quote Originally Posted by RadonCRM View Post
    Could someone tell me how to force mpv? I can't get through the prologue because of this. I found in this thread that you have to do it through Patch -> Movies, but I don't have the Movies option. I installed all the patches from the first page manually and I put mpv.exe into the Fate installation. I'm on M1 Mac using Wineskin. Or should I just install LAVFilters?
    It’s not a bad idea to use Winetricks to install LAVfilters to your wrapper in general when running VNs, but more importantly, you will need to apply the latest patch per Alyinghood’s instructions above. Then you will be up and running. Sorry, I failed to mention the latest patch in my previous posts, but I actually couldn’t launch the game until I applied the latest patch.
    Last edited by ArkadeKen; September 9th, 2021 at 12:16 AM.
    I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything. So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

I am getting an error during the Rin Route sex scene i had a similar issue during the saber route it was resolved when i upgraded from version .9 to 1.0.1 here is the error log https://imgur.com/a/IhsiPsA
    Last edited by Gamefreezer; September 9th, 2021 at 07:07 AM. Reason: image not showing up

Quote Originally Posted by Gamefreezer View Post
    I am getting an error during the Rin Route sex scene i had a similar issue during the saber route it was resolved when i upgraded from version .9 to 1.0.1 here is the error log https://imgur.com/a/IhsiPsA
    It appears you don't have the latest version of the patch.

First, move any .xp3 file starting with "patch" out of the installation directory.

Second,

Place the .xp3 files from the following link inside the "Patches" folder into the installation directory.
    ******************folder/DMsXCIoD#ubkrOC40vxEJDAslcnScow

After downloading and replacing the patches with the link you provided i still get stuck at the scene but there are some differences. just like in the error in the fate route changing it to english advances the text before could not advance regardless of the language. i thought it might bc of the save data so i started a new game and skipped to the current scene but no change. here is the error log https://ibb.co/hmdt9dzhttps://ibb.co/zPPPfRC

After downloading and replacing the patches with the link you provided i still get stuck at the scene but there are some differences. just like in the error in the fate route changing it to english advances the text before could not advance regardless of the language. i thought it might bc of the save data so i started a new game and skipped to the current scene but no change. here is the error log https://ibb.co/hmdt9dzhttps://ibb.co/zPPPfRC
    Please upload the mentioned files as referenced in the error dialog

please help. I was in the middle of the berserker shirou fight and got an error

heres the exception file

****************************file/d/1_hT...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Tohka Yatogami; September 10th, 2021 at 07:01 AM.

is this still the best version for windows 10? The 1st page download?

Comment: Is this still the best version for windows 10? Is there any other update files of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    It's finally here. Thanks to everyone for their patience over the years and I hope you enjoy.

UPDATE 3/19/19
    The first update to the patch has been released. We've reorganized the installer and patches a little bit compared to the previous version as well as fixed some key issues.

Changes and bug fixes

-Installer now has a function to download patches directly when run, and check for updates to said patches
    -Fixed error causing UBW and HF Vita openings to not play
    -Fixed an error causing one of the pop up menus to not translate
    -Implemented a missing image translation
    -Implemented an HD version of the correct version of one of the HF CGs
    -Implemented a new feature to the OST switch so that Changing Seasons now has a "classic" option to play the 2004 PC version during credits scenes
    -Adjusted the numbers on the resolution scaling ~for NintendoManiac's sake~ so it's more consistent
    -Uploaded a 100% savefile to use for those who wish to avoid CTRLing through the VN and could not get their old saves to work
    -Actually remembered to upload a file pertaining to a feature I forgot to mention exists...

Installers

32bit:
    ****************************open?id=1it...MTsOrxN34c4QVt

64bit:
    ****************************open?id=1pj...9mJ1ITVmc_471j

100% Save file:
    ****************************open?id=1i5...6_APImqb5vzPIC

Instructions

To install this you will need all three routes of Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua for PC. Choose the installer that corresponds to your OS. The installer will download the selected patches, if you run it after having already installed the game it will check for updates and download them automatically (note: if you use a portable installation you will have to select the directory again before it checks). The first time you open the game you'll have to right click and select "run as administrator". After that, the game will ask you to choose a save directory. As of now it seems old saves from the previous iteration of the project will not load, to compensate I have provided a 100% save file whcih can be downloaded from here: Be advised this is still a beta build and thus problems may occur. If you encounter a bug not listed below in this post please report it so we can take note of it.

About the Patches

Note: If you have already done the installation and wish to update without using the installer again, I have provided the direct links to each of the patches so you can grab them individually.

Mandatory patches:

****************************open?id=1L9...a3aL9T_S6QPdaL
    -patch.xp3 This is the core patch for the game laying the foundation for the following patches. It merges all the routes to a single game, where each route unlocks after finishing the previous one - much like the classic and PS2/Vita releases. The title background will change depending on your progress in the game. Each route is unlocked after finishing the previous one, with the order being: Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel.

The following patches are optional, and even if you add them you can turn on/off all of their features via in-game switches:

****************************open?id=1J_...1ikS3o8QoaDHv_
    -patch_lang_english.xp3 Adds English translation to the game.

****************************open?id=1BV...7rhHN9KqAZNFWf
    -patch_hd.xp3 Adds HD graphics and wide mode support for the game.

****************************open?id=1Zj...OIA-j0eHy6D9T6
    -patch_op.xp3 Adds high resolution Vita, PS2, and classic OPs (opening movies). The classic OP are only available at the movie menu when unlocked, while the PS2 and Vita openings play at different parts of the game as well.

****************************open?id=1CO...IQTjHw-GhZvHlk
    -patch_vita_ost.xp3 Adds an optional remixed version or the OST from the vita. In the BGM menu at the config menu, you can individually select for each track whether to use the original or remixed version.

****************************open?id=1Ta...3XH6sNn__tLfu2
    -patch_h.xp3 Restores the sex scenes, nudity, and other sexual content from the class release.

****************************open?id=1KH...J_PNPi2xO7cZNj
    -patch_decensor.xp3 Adds decensored images for the H-scenes.

System requirements
    Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or newer
    3D accelerated graphics drivers
    Sound drivers
    6.5GB of free space (for installer + resulting "Ultimate Edition" with merge patch only; source unmerged Realta Nua data not accounted for)

Recommended specs
    2GHz dual core CPU or a GPU with hardware h.264/AVC decoding (read: any integrated or discrete GPU made in the last 10 years)
    Enough RAM to run Windows 7 without the OS bogging down too much (at least 2GB, ideally 3GB+)
    15GB of free space (installer + resulting "Ultimate Edition" with all patches + source unmerged Realta Nua data)

Common errors and solutions
    api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error when trying to run the installer or the visual novel itself
    Solution: download and install / reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 x86 from microsoft.com

Member "kag" does not exist
    error
    when trying to run the visual novel itself (most commonly when trying to run an existing installation on a different PC)
    Solution: delete the file "config.ksc" located in the same folder as "Fate.exe" (that being the folder you installed the "Ultimate Edition" to)

White screen after the scene with Saber in the moonlight (aka the end of the prologue)
    Solution: make sure the Media Foundation MP4 and Microsoft DTV-DVD audio and video decoders are not disabled via Codec Tweak Tool (in fact, do not disable anything on either list unless you really know what you're doing!)

"Secret" compatibility protips for geeks that know what they're doing
    While the installer will not function on anything older than Win7 SP1, you can actually run pre-existing portable installations of "Ultimate Edition" on older operating system configurations - all the way back to Vista without any service pack!

But of course, there are definitely a few catches (otherwise the above-listed "minimum requirements" wouldn't be what they are):

• On all versions of Vista, the OP videos will simply not work and you'll get an error whenever they try to play. You can however simply turn off the OP video functionality altogether by simply enabling "Patch" -> "Options" -> "Skip movies in-game".

• Similarly, audio drivers are only required because the OP videos will not play if you do not have them installed and you'll get stuck at a white screen. Therefore, if you avoid the OP videos or disable them altogether via "Skip movies in-game", then you can actually run the VN without issue even if you have no sound drivers installed...though obviously you'll have no sound.

• If you don't have the newest service pack for Win7 or Vista, or heck are running either without any service pack (or alternatively have a borked c++ 2015 x86 installation that you're unable to fix), then using "high" quality graphics will result in an error. Assuming your VN isn't already set to use "low" quality graphics, the easiest thing to do is rename "patch_hd.xp3" to "patch_hd.xp3_BAK" - the next time you launch the VN, it will then run in "low" quality. This method however will disable "wide" screen mode as well, so if you want to still use that, first launch the VN and make sure that it's running with "low" quality graphics, then close the VN and simply re-rename "patch_hd.xp3_BAK" to "patch_hd.xp3" - the VN will then still start up in "low" quality mode, but you can now select "wide" screen mode as well.

Also the Vita Fate OP is by far the most demanding thing CPU-wise on older systems without h.264/AVC GPU decoding, so if you have "Play Vita OP in-game" setting disabled, you can actually get away with running the VN on much lower end hardware; the post-prologue OP only requires maybe an early 2000s single core CPU @ ~1.8GHz while everything else about the VN could probably run on even a circa-2000 ~1GHz single core CPU.

Even more secret thing that's really stupid and I can't believe we implemented it

So I actually forgot about this when I posted the release but, we have a customization feature for the Decensor patch! Okay so to clarify, the decensor patch uses a combination of two different prior ones, hence why I have two different sets of credits for them, a long time ago I was contacted by one of the makers of one of the patches and was requested to make multiple versions of it as he wished for his versions to be entirely used. Quibi and I decided we'd make the decensor CG's configurable, but not within the game's UI at all. So our solution was a .dic file:

****************************open?id=1-d...fTz-mOGqUDMj0B

This file exists within the decensor patch with a preset configuration, however if you download this and put it in your game folder, then the game will read it over the one in the patch, so you can edit it with notepad++ to change the configuration as you please.

I should note I haven't ACTUALLY tested if this works yet so if it doesn't please let me know.......that is if anyone actually cares/wants to use it, if not I'll get around to testing it eventually.

known bugs and issues
    -Auto updater sometimes doesn't update

-Old saves are incompatible

-switching from full screen to wide screen and back creates white line-switching from SD to HD causes Decensored H CGs to not play in H scenes

-mature content CGs don't display unless you switch fom HD to SD then back to HD, and they only display in HD mode (this has been given a hotfix, but as a consequence the more violent images will be displayed if you have H scenes on, this only applies to the images and does not affect textual content however)

-UBW H scene crashes when skipping from skip menu-Openings crash if ctrl'ed through when in fullscreen-Skipping H scenes sometimes crashes the game

-The second Fate H scene and UBW H scene fail to register as previously read

-Title misaligned-Changing between HD and SD mode in music menu crashes the game

-Static noise heard at various places.

-in fullscreen with wide mode active on taller-than-16:9 ratio resolutions, the "activation area" for the mouse cursor to make the System/Display/Language/Patch menu appear is not actually at the top of the screen but located on the bottom of the letterboxing black bar that is on the top part of the screen - this is easily noticeable on even widescreen displays if you simply set your screen resolution to something like 1024x768.

-The default window size for 768p displays will result in the program window "overflowing" the desktop and thereby running off the screen-The PS2 and especially the Vita Fate OP have the bottom of the video cut off when using window sizes larger than 800x600 / 1.0x, and larger window size ratios will cut off the bottom to even greater degrees.

-Blank window and/or visual garbage when a video player progam (such as MPC-HC) is open with a video

-Tiger Dojo text placement is disrupted in wide mode any time Taiga hits Illya

-Blur Effect causes sprite errors in widescreen

-Some title screens become slightly misaligned in wide mode

-Background panning in widescreen mode causes some text to overlap

-Illya's singing features misaligned characters

-Loading to a previous page in the history menu that contains scrolling will cause the confirmation window to appear as part of the background

-Changing certain settings on the Prologue Title Menu causes the prologue to begin rather than re-load the title menu

-Options that would soft-lock the game during the TM logo are not grayed out

credits
    Project leadsJacktheinfinite101, Quibi, Kotonoha

The Cast
    Jacktheinfinite101: Lead editor, programming, some image editing.

Quibi: Lead programmer, installer creation.

Koto: Lead translator, text editing, some image editing.

Hintay: Additional programming.

Anonamous: Additional programming.

uyjulian: Krkrz development.

Waku Waku: Lead image editor, programming consultant, PS2 resources, legacy project.

ニサンカタンソ: Additional programming.

NM64: Audio editing, beta testing, media assets.

SmilingWolf: Upscaled image assets.

Hyarion: Initial translation of Fate H alts.

MeruP: Programming.

Terrafire: Script comparisons.

Dallas Hickan: Additional image editing.

GameCreater32: Custom voice replay icons, supplemental tools.

Commander Rase: Beta Testing.

Thryfe: Beta Testing.

Inuhanyou: Beta Testing.

SkitZoFrenic: Beta Testing.

Ownsin: Beta Testing.

UnlimitedBladeWorks: Beta Testing.

Taka-jun, ArchDemon, Tjm, and puKKa from Mirror Moon: Original translation.

bishopcruz and Annonymous: First H uncensor patch.

Himeros and Belldandy100: Second H uncensor patch.

Special thanks to any other BL members who helped out.

disclaimer
    Disclaimer: This installer has been severely tested, however this is still a beta build thus there is no absolute guarantee that it won't cause any problems. Bear that in mind and note that none of the staff on this project are responsible if something crazy happens.

Quote Originally Posted by playergabriel View Post
    Comment: Is this still the best version for windows 10? Is there any other update files of this?
    The first post still lists the old 0.9 version. The updated patch files for version 1.0 can be downloaded from Quibi's Mega folder. Download all the patch xp3 files and overwrite the ones from the old version with them. There's no need to use the installer again, if you already have an older working installation - just overwrite the patch xp3 files. Also note that the installer in Quibi's folder is bugged - in case you do need one, use the old one from the first post.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; September 11th, 2021 at 04:35 PM.

Here is a link to the uploaded files https://www.filemail.com/d/lebuoyerkkhqvxe
    This will be fixed in the next update. For now, set the language to English, skip through the offending section, then set the language back to Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohka Yatogami View Post
    please help. I was in the middle of the berserker shirou fight and got an error

heres the exception file

****************************file/d/1_hT...ew?usp=sharing
    This will be fixed in the next release. For now, use the 100% save file to allow you to get past the offending scene.

Thank you for the quick response!

hello everyone... so i have the 0.9.1 version of the patch installed but it seems it can't even run and i don't seem to face any kind of errors. there isn't anything even running and i tried to reset my pc and run it again multiply times but instead of running the game it says the game is already running(which isn't).
    i don't know if it's my pc's problem that the patched game doesn't run for me or something else but i actually ran realta nua version with the all patches on my pc and finished it way back (2018-2019)without having any sort of problems and i thought why not try the unlimited edition now cause i wanted to see what's the difference but well as you can see i can't
    maybe i should try the 1.0 beta version but well i still can't figure out what could be the problem...
    Last edited by schism; September 14th, 2021 at 02:52 AM.