Page 77 of 143 FirstFirst ... 27677275767778798287127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Affirmative.
    Thanks a lot <3

「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」
    Is there a way to use HD textures and images, but still have the usual semi-transparent black square box for reading? Actually, when using HD mode in scenes that are supposed to be black you still have this blue rectangle, which is not that great for me... And in a lot of scenes the text starts above it.

If no, then are the "HA-like action sequences" only available when using HD?

EDIT: Nevermind, downloaded beta 1.0, you insane madlads already even added a switch for this. God bless you all.
    Last edited by N0Mi0; May 9th, 2020 at 06:52 PM.

夜属 Nightkin
    I'm getting this error when trying to launch the vn :

Script exception raised :
    file ://./c/programfiles(x86)/fate/stay night[realta nua] ultimate edition/patch.xp3 is not XP3 archive or unsuported

「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」
    Quote Originally Posted by mhplayer View Post
    I'm getting this error when trying to launch the vn :

Script exception raised :
    file ://./c/programfiles(x86)/fate/stay night[realta nua] ultimate edition/patch.xp3 is not XP3 archive or unsuported
    Download the mentioned (or all) file from the link in OP post and replace the one in your folder (or actually download the beta 1.0 a few pages back). Chances are for one reason or another the file wasn't properly downloaded during the installation process.

Does Anyone know how to fix the setup installer not asking where to place or loacte files and only says update?

never mind, found a fix.

Why do you need all three routes of Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua for it to run?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Why do you need all three routes of Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua for it to run?
    It is a merge patch

It is a merge patch
    Sorry but what?

Sorry but what?
    It is a patch that merges all three routes.

It is a patch that merges all three routes.
    Do you still need the three routes once you install it

Do you still need the three routes once you install it
    No

No
    Thank you

「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」
    Is there a command or some other way to turn off playing of Vita videos? They basically spoil everything compared to the original videos, going as far as showing all servants, some masters and even Gil just when you start Fate and know basically nothing. Speaking honestly, it's ridiculous; it completely betrays the whole idea of you not knowing who the enemies are and what's going on. Have nothing against the videos themselves, though. They're nice, I guess.

Anyways, is there a way to make the videos play as originally indented? Without additional ones too (I think there wasn't any video after choosing to save Saber). I think having them in the gallery would be enough. I tried to turn off Vita-related markers in beta 1.0, but I still got the Vita OP in the end of the prologue, and the only thing it did was to remove all videos from the movie section (lol).

Thanks. It's the small things that bother us the most, huh?

Patch -> Movies -> Skip movies in-game

「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」
    Quote Originally Posted by soundtrackdan View Post
    Patch -> Movies -> Skip movies in-game
    But would this result in original movies playing, though? The result I'm looking for is original OP playing at the end of the Prologue, for instance.

「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」
    I noticed that in the old version (not sure which one exactly: shortcut has a Saber with red background, named "Fate-stay night English"; Game header has Japanese OG icon, says "Fate/stay night - Translated by mirror moon") the skipping is performed at a much faster rate, like, 2x, 3x or even more faster than UE.

What would could be the reason for such decrease in speed of skipping? I reckon even after all changes the game is still very light requirements-wise, right?

P.S. Maybe skipping speed can be affected somehow through the Engine Config menu?

--------------------------------------------

Is there a way to make the choice menu look like this? Or it's another engine or something now.

Last edited by N0Mi0; May 11th, 2020 at 10:13 AM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XerBlade View Post
    That isn't a stupid question. The answer was just given by someone who doesn't speak non-developer.
    Holy crap. Not to pick on uyjulian, but after reading the most recent pages I must say I've never seen a more truer statement.

As someone that kind of prides myself in being able to be a sort of middleman between techies and the average Joe, I don't think I've seen such a blatant example of "dude, the person you're talking to probably has never even seen a command line - more 'explain like I'm 5', less 'explain like I'm Linus Torvalds'"

Quote Originally Posted by N0Mi0 View Post
    \\
    What would could be the reason for such decrease in speed of skipping? I reckon even after all changes the game is still very light requirements-wise, right?

Is there a way to make the choice menu look like this? Or it's another engine or something now.
    Realta Nua uses a newer engine that's more fancy-pants than the original non-Realta Nua 2004 version.

The reason that skip mode is slower is simply because it's more demanding on the CPU - the way it normally works is that it just runs as fast as your CPU allows (sort of like an uncapped framerate in a game). So this means a CPU with faster single-threaded performance will actually see faster skip speed.

But yes, this still means that 2004 non-RN F/sn was able to skip faster.

The change in menu choices is also caused by the newer engine. Now I'm no expert, but I would theorize that it could technically be possible to implement old-style choices visually, but don't quote me on this (especially regarding how easy or difficult such an implementation may be).
    Last edited by NM64; May 11th, 2020 at 06:15 PM. Reason: grammar fix
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」
    Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Realta Nua uses a newer engine that's more fancy-pants than the original non-Realta Nua 2004 version.

The change in menu choices is also caused by the newer engine. Now I'm no expert, but I would theorize that it could technically be possible to implement old-style choices visually, but don't quote me on this (especially regarding how easy or difficult such an implementation may be).
    I see, I see. Well, the thing is, this old version I was talking about is... Hm, I install it from three isos and apply Realta Nua at the same time..? Then I guess it really is not the same. This version is, like, from 2014-ish, so maybe, yeah. OK then, well, I guess it's not really that important since you can skip the seen scenes entirely. Just was curious, thanks.

-------------------

A low priority bug:
    Rin's voice icon on mouse hover is aligned slightly different than the not hover one, which results in it slightly moving when you navigate the cursor on it. All other icons seem to be aligned without differences.
    Last edited by N0Mi0; May 11th, 2020 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo

The 2004 CD release of Fate/stay night has three discs.