Page 111 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1161101106109110111112113116121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

That's a sacrifice I'm personally willing to make. If you find the time/up for the challenge of implementing that change for the Japanese script and need a Japanese reader's help, I'd love to be able to do so. I understand though that this would be for a pretty limited amount of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Draaxus View Post
    Sorry if this isn't related to beta testing or bug reporting, but is there a way to get rid of all SAVE STATES but not the route completion? I don't want the clutter of the save states but I still want to start from HF.
    This is not an emulator, so there are no save states.

If you meant items in the save menu, you can delete and overwrite existing items.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draaxus View Post
    Sorry if this isn't related to beta testing or bug reporting, but is there a way to get rid of all SAVE STATES but not the route completion? I don't want the clutter of the save states but I still want to start from HF.
    I believe you simply need to go into the "faterealtanua_savedata" folder and delete all of the .BMP files (and only the .BMP files).

Alternatively you can use the actual "delete" button on the save/load screen in the VN itself for a given save slot, though this method would be much more tedious.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone in this thread that has worked on this project to date. I spent the greater portion of the last two days working to find a way to install the latest Ultimate patch onto my iPad and/or my iPhone using my Macbook running OSX Catalina 10.15.7 and using PlayOnMac and Wine to execute the installer to create a portable version with the hopes of launching it in Kirikiroid2 aka XP3Player in the Apple App Store.

I was successful.

I am incredibly excited to play and provide any assistance in identifying bugs as a portable user.

I know many people are not Mac or Apple device users, however, I am. I did have a few hurdles to jump through. If anyone would find it helpful, I could put together a guide for OSX users to be able to create a portable version that can be sent to their iOS device.

Unfortunately, I was unable to produce a version that I could run on my actual Macbook Pro because the installer didn't seem to generate an exe file for me, however, I personally have no plans to play on my Mac at all so I'm not incredibly worried.

Thanks again to all involved.
    I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything. So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Here's an update on the multi-platform version.

All: VideoOverlay classes are stubbed

macOS (x86_64 and aarch64): no specific problems
    Linux (x86_64 and aarch64): no specific problems
    iOS: CMake SDL project is incomplete and needs additional patches
    Android: startup directory handling needs to be implemented
    Switch: startup directory handling needs to be implemented
    Vita: archive reading causes data abort
    Web: async image download needs to be implemented

Executables for specific platforms will be released once implementation is more complete
    Last edited by Alyinghood; February 26th, 2021 at 04:00 AM.

btw, quibi, let me know if you need me to reupload as I know that link expires.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theAeon View Post
    btw, quibi, let me know if you need me to reupload as I know that link expires.
    Can you make sure you don't have any patches in your save folder?
    Do you have a "faterealtanua_savedata" in your documents? make sure there aren't any patches inside it.
    I'm 99% sure you have an old patch since the current release doesn't have that bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Can you make sure you don't have any patches in your save folder?
    Do you have a "faterealtanua_savedata" in your documents? make sure there aren't any patches inside it.
    I'm 99% sure you have an old patch since the current release doesn't have that bug.

that's the folder I uploaded. I nuked it and relaunched and still had the same issue, strangely.

I found some typos in the Heaven's Feel route. In the Status screen for the Assassin's Noble Phantasm description two times it says "teh" instead of "the". I don't know if this was fixed already so I just wanted to drop this here.

Oh, does anyone have the scrolling pictures from the game, i tried to find some but only one i found was the one with Berserker behind Iliya from the Fate route. The way i got my pictures before was just by screenshoting the Galery but i can't get full scrolling pictures like that.

DISCLAIMER: Despite being the one that came up with the idea of combining the luma and chroma, neither of the following mega links are from my own mega account but are instead shared by the the user "SmilingWolf" who is the same person that waifu2x'd the Vita UBW OP and the Vita HF OP that we use as of the v1.0 public beta released last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstojke View Post
    does anyone have the scrolling pictures from the game
    I can do you one better - how about all of the art assets in what should actually be higher quality than what we currently use in the VN?:

For the technical details of what this is, this takes the higher resolution 800x600 chroma channel from the lossless PNG SD art assets ran through waifu2x set to 2x + no noise reduction then downscaled to 1280x960 via lanczos3, and then combines that with the higher resolution 1280x960 luma channel from the lossy WebP HD art assets (to clarify, the existing stock HD art assets currently used in the VN are encoded with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling, so they only have a chroma resolution of 640x480).

There have been plans for a couple years now to use those art assets instead, but the issue is that some of them don't look quite right when combining the luma from the HD assets with the chroma from the SD assets. Furthermore some of the HD art assets are poor upscales to the point that just running the SD lossless art through waifu2x actually looks considerably better, so I've been meaning on going through all of the images and doing side-by-side comparisons to identify which images are problematic and where we should use the plain waifu2x'd lossless SD art assets instead (while likely time-consuming, the process should actually be pretty easy for me to do).

Quick PSA that came bundled with these art assets - with character sprites, sometimes the errors are subtle and only noticeable in higher contrast areas and/or if you zoom in

So speaking of which, here's a link to the lossless PNG SD art assets left as-is save for being ran through waifu2x set to no noise reduction:

EDIT: Oh and general protip, you should be able to easily identify which images are the scrolling ones if you download the entire folder and then sort by file size - the scrolling images are obviously of higher resolution and therefore generally have larger file sizes (not always, but usually).

Alternatively you could batch-convert them to PNG via something like XnView and then just sort the files by resolution...or if disk space is no object, batch-convert to PNG but with the compression level set to 0 - that'll give you uncompressed and therefore the resulting file sizes will directly correlate with the resolution of the images.

EDIT 2: Quibi, if for some reason you don't want these links publicly posted, then let me know and I'll remove them.

BTW, while picking a random image to do a sanity double-check on the stuff I'm saying, by pure dumb luck the 'scrolling image' that I picked turned out to be one of those aforementioned HD images that are just a relatively poor upscale and the waifu2x'd version is quite a bit better - image file "csラストep07"
    Last edited by NM64; February 27th, 2021 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theAeon View Post
    that's the folder I uploaded. I nuked it and relaunched and still had the same issue, strangely.

I guess the reason I'm baffled w/ this is I've done everything short of re....acquiring the game after resetting my computer.

All things considered there's no reason for it to be doing this (or the vita op thing) and yet, here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    Please show me a dirlist of the game folder with file sizes
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3109594

Blog Entries
    I sent you PM. You're gonna have to help me debug this as I cannot reproduce.

I have my ultimate edition but i want to make a new one that is portable edition so i can play it on my phone too. I installed the setup and when i start it and chose the patches it just updates the existing game, what should i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Sstojke View Post
    I have my ultimate edition but i want to make a new one that is portable edition so i can play it on my phone too...what should i do?
    You could always cheat and get a pre-assembled copy of the portable version:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    If you know how to torrent, search for the following on whatever search engine - it will give you a portable pre-assembled copy of Ultimate Edition v0.9.1 (despite being listed as v0.9.0, it actually is v0.9.1):
    Code:
    cdda8a7b047a55e55baf38d7b842e886052aa1bd

If you don't know how to torrent or simply prefer not to, then refer to what I said above regarding a portable pre-assembled copy of Ultimate Edition v0.9.0 on Google Drive:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post

If you need the hint more blatantly spelled out, then consider that all Google Drive URLs begin with "drive.google.com" which is then followed by a slash - you know, one of these→ /

Getting an error at the at the end of Day 3 when Berserker is first encountered. Switching to wide-screen fixes it.

https://imgur.com/a/l8ypjDC

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot276 View Post
    Getting an error at the at the end of Day 3 when Berserker is first encountered. Switching to wide-screen fixes it.

https://imgur.com/a/l8ypjDC
    The error in the screenshot literally (not figuratively) says to not just post a screenshot of the error in question but to instead provide the ZIP file that is also mentioned in the very same error message.

If you need somewhere to upload the ZIP to, we typically suggest the site http://ttm.sh

I am trying to reinstall Fate but the installer crashes after the patch selection screen, should I use the old installer instead and replace the patches afterward?