Page 73 of 143 FirstFirst ... 23636871727374757883123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Oh dear, I can definitely confirm that we've had at least some sort of regression in terms of the infamous "white screen of death" when it comes to playing OP videos during the story itself (that is, not from the 'Extra' -> 'Movie' menu).

On v0.9.1 on my Win7 SP1 + Haswell iGPU, everything works fine.

On v1.0 beta with the exact same OS and PC hardware config? Yeah... white screen of death. I'm definitely submitting a bug report for this on the bitbucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Areus View Post
    at the end of the prologue as Saber is about to attack Rin and it fades away, a white screen appears and won't go away.
    I don't suppose you're running Windows 7 and/or Intel integrated graphics?

I ask because I'm running both of those, and I too seem to have run into this unfortunate regression.

In the mean time, a work-around is posted in the first post due to this having been an issue back with v0.9.0 and earlier and is also how one can actually run the VN on Windows Vista - simply enable 'Patch' -> 'Movies' -> "Skip movies in-game" in the program window GUI menus.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I don't suppose you're running Windows 7 and/or Intel integrated graphics?

I ask because I'm running both of those, and I too seem to have run into this unfortunate regression.

In the mean time, a work-around is posted in the first post due to this having been an issue back with v0.9.0 and earlier and is also how one can actually run the VN on Windows Vista - simply enable 'Patch' -> 'Movies' -> "Skip movies in-game" in the program window GUI menus.
    Sadly no, Windows 10 and non-integrated.

Also thanks, I'll give that a try!

Edit to avoid double post: Yeah, that worked, thanks again. Now the only issue with the beta patch that I've experienced (having skipped through the entire game up until where I was in HF) is that wide aspect ratio cuts off massive portions of the art. As I recall, it didn't do this in the previous version. No idea if this is a known issue or not, and not complaining, I'm fine with playing in standard. Just figured y'all may want to know.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/dGvV6kg
    Last edited by Areus; April 3rd, 2020 at 11:06 PM.

I've submitted a proposal on the bitbucket issue tracker to rename the "wide (auto)" option to something that makes it more clear what it actually does, and to remove the implication that it only applies to wide aspect ratios (which it doesn't).

In particular, people with a 4:3 or 16:9 ratio screen (like I did initially) may find the wording confusing as to just what it means as they would see no difference compared to the ‘Normal’ or “Wide (16:9)” setting and could be confused at just what the purpose of that setting is. Heck, after not seeing a difference at first, I was thinking that maybe the "auto" meant that it actually changed by itself at various points within the VN based on specific content (like 4:3 for CGs, 16:9 for normal "talking scenes with character sprites").

I would instead suggest the setting to be named one of the following (listed alphabetically):

• Match desktop
    • Match display
    • Match screen
    • Same as desktop
    • Same as display
    • Same as screen

All of these could also end in the "(auto)" if you really wanted to retain that, but personally I found the designation "auto" to introduce more confusion than necessary as mentioned above - besides, the intended implication of "auto" is already taken care of in a more clear manner by any of the above-listed suggestions.

Also it's not like we have "(4:3)" at the end of the 'Normal' aspect ratio setting, so we shouldn't feel compelled to include something in place of the pre-existing "(auto)"...though now that I think of it, including "(4:3)" as well at the end of 'Normal' would probably make more sense than not as, much like the "(16:9)", it implies that its a fixed aspect of the listed ratio independent of what your desktop/display/screen is.

And for that reason, it would actually probably be better to leave off the "(auto)" at the end of the "match/same as desktop/display/screen" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Areus View Post
    Now the only issue with the beta patch that I've experienced (having skipped through the entire game up until where I was in HF) is that wide aspect ratio cuts off massive portions of the art. As I recall, it didn't do this in the previous version. No idea if this is a known issue or not, and not complaining, I'm fine with playing in standard. Just figured y'all may want to know.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/dGvV6kg
    That's how it behaved in previous versions as well.

...or rather, that's how it worked when it wasn't completely bugging out.

Do keep in mind that not all images are just a "dumb" crop and it actually pan & scans on a per-CG basis to show more than what a "dumb" crop by itself could show.

Also if your display is taller than 16:9, then using "wide (auto)" will show you more in the vertical axis (why it doesn't just disable "wide (16:9)" for fullscreen I have no idea - unless it's specifically because "wide (auto)" bugs out on ratios taller than 4:3 and wider than 16:9). And even if your display is 16:9, then you can always change your desktop resolution to get something that isn't quite as wide as 16:9 - for a 1080p screen, try 1680x1050 if it's listed (if it is, then I highly recommend setting your GPU scaling to either "centered" or "integer" to avoid blurry upscaling).

(more advanced users can take this a step farther by making a custom resolution of something like 1800x1080 or 1600x1080)

I need a bit of help with getting the individual patches for the game. [Specifically patch.xp3, patch_hd.xp3, patch_lang_english.xp3, patch_op.xp3, patch_vita_ost.xp3]

Upon starting the game I'm getting the "Script exception raised file://./c/program files/fate/stay night[realta nua] ultimate edition/patch.xp3 is not XP3 archive or unsupported" error. From what I understand I'm supposed to manually replace each corrupted patch file with another not-corrupted one to fix this issue, except Google Drive won't let me download ANY file.

It says: "Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time. Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator." Around 14 hours have passed since I first tried and I'm starting to think I won't be able to download the files again.

Is there any way to get them not through Google Drive?
    Last edited by Arteriato; April 12th, 2020 at 09:08 AM.

https://imgur.com/WxZgheH
    How do i fix the above error? got it from launching the game. first time after installing

Is there any way to fix a bit of messed up inverted scenes? In all inverted color scenes I came across while reading, something is wrong with them (This being the most recent one https://i.imgur.com/FWfmb27.png) so is there any way to fix it and make it how it would usually look or is this a wide spread thing that is not fixable? (Also I assume the best options I assume are Realta Nua for Textual Content and enabling Vita stuff while disabling movies since those just brick the game, correct me on that if I'm wrong since I want the best experience while reading ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Arteriato View Post
    I need a bit of help with getting the individual patches for the game. [Specifically patch.xp3, patch_hd.xp3, patch_lang_english.xp3, patch_op.xp3, patch_vita_ost.xp3]

Upon starting the game I'm getting the "Script exception raised file://./c/program files/fate/stay night[realta nua] ultimate edition/patch.xp3 is not XP3 archive or unsupported" error. From what I understand I'm supposed to manually replace each corrupted patch file with another not-corrupted one to fix this issue, except Google Drive won't let me download ANY file.

It says: "Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time. Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator." Around 14 hours have passed since I first tried and I'm starting to think I won't be able to download the files again.

Is there any way to get them not through Google Drive?
    Try logging into your Google account and "Make a copy" of the file, then download the copy.

Alternatively, use the beta version: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3049567

Quote Originally Posted by hecc_itsme View Post
    https://imgur.com/WxZgheH
    How do i fix the above error? got it from launching the game. first time after installing
    You need to go here https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/8229 then download the files below "Mandatory patches". Replace the files in the installation directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep_ko View Post
    Is there any way to fix a bit of messed up inverted scenes? In all inverted color scenes I came across while reading, something is wrong with them (This being the most recent one https://i.imgur.com/FWfmb27.png) so is there any way to fix it and make it how it would usually look or is this a wide spread thing that is not fixable? (Also I assume the best options I assume are Realta Nua for Textual Content and enabling Vita stuff while disabling movies since those just brick the game, correct me on that if I'm wrong since I want the best experience while reading ^^)
    The beta version has fixed this issue. https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3049567

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Try logging into your Google account and "Make a copy" of the file, then download the copy.

Alternatively, use the beta version: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3049567
    As it turns out all I needed to was logging in. Huh... Now I feel stupid. For some reason I didn't think logging in had anything to do with anything.
    Anyway, thanks for the help!

Hi, I have an issue when I click on Fate.exe. The game starts normally but after a minute or so it closes and Fate.exe dissappears from the game folder and I can't find it anymore.
    Is there a solution for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Saneez View Post
    Hi, I have an issue when I click on Fate.exe. The game starts normally but after a minute or so it closes and Fate.exe dissappears from the game folder and I can't find it anymore.
    Is there a solution for that?
    Turn off all other anti-virus except Windows Defender and/or System Center Endpoint Protection.

Hello. I'm trying to get the game to run on PlayOnMac. I have the game installed, but starting it prompts me to 'select an XP3 file or folder.' I cannot select individual files and selecting the folder that contains the game yields an error ("cannot find storage startup.tjs"). Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeMartyr View Post
    Hello. I'm trying to get the game to run on PlayOnMac. I have the game installed, but starting it prompts me to 'select an XP3 file or folder.' I cannot select individual files and selecting the folder that contains the game yields an error ("cannot find storage startup.tjs"). Any suggestions?
    Reattempt installation, ensuring that you have selected the correct source directories for the 3 routes.
    You can use the following uninstaller: *****************************file/24q2j...llers.zip/file

Seems like the beta files cause a crash on day 5 -> day 6 transition (Tested it with non beta files too, the game doesn't crash)

https://youtu.be/86r6DiMmGuc (Video if it helps)

Files: Fate.console.long and data956.bmp (Could not locate the hwexcept.log)

Edit: I went back to the non-beta files, transitioned to day 6, saved the game, switched back to the beta files and loaded up the save, have no trouble continuing the game (It even shows the day switch) something happens between the black screens that causes the crash https://youtu.be/Y0swewMe0wg (Video if it helps)
    Last edited by Camarel; April 14th, 2020 at 08:22 AM. Reason: More into

what to download, where to put some files and error for bgimage.xp3

ok, so firstly, for the routes that i have to get/download, can i use either of these:[link removed], or this (part 1-17) [link removed] (part 18). which when extracted gives the 3 routes folders.

secondly, when i have all the stuff downloaded, do i put 64 bit installer, patch.xp3 (this one i dont know where to put the extracted file), 100% save file and the 3 routes files in a single folder to look like/have this -->[link removed].

lastly when i do the setup thing you get from extracting the installer, at the end, it says the error no such file or directory thing for this bgimage.xp3 file,(when i was extracting the part 18 file in winzip, it said WinZip Caution Unable to load thumbnails for spanned Zip files).

i dont know what to do about that

Im going to download and extract all the things again so i can double check how i did things
    Last edited by I3uster; April 16th, 2020 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-k View Post
    ok, so firstly, for the routes that i have to get/download, can i use either of these:[link removed], or this (part 1-17) [link removed] (part 18). which when extracted gives the 3 routes folders.

secondly, when i have all the stuff downloaded, do i put 64 bit installer, patch.xp3 (this one i dont know where to put the extracted file), 100% save file and the 3 routes files in a single folder to look like/have this -->[link removed].

lastly when i do the setup thing you get from extracting the installer, at the end, it says the error no such file or directory thing for this bgimage.xp3 file,(when i was extracting the part 18 file in winzip, it said WinZip Caution Unable to load thumbnails for spanned Zip files).

i dont know what to do about that

Im going to download and extract all the things again so i can double check how i did things

I recommend you to use the Nyaa version, it's the easiest one to work with

No, it does not matter where you put the patcher, you're going to delete it when you're done using it anyway

As for the 100% save file, I'm not sure but I think you either replace it or put it in when the game creates a save directory on it's own after you finish everything

And lasty, I recommend you following this simple guide and how to do stuff https://youtu.be/m21D7OYHNkY It does not cover how to use the patcher but patcher is just pressing few buttons anyways
    Last edited by I3uster; April 16th, 2020 at 05:28 AM.

Seems like the beta files cause a crash on day 5 -> day 6 transition (Tested it with non beta files too, the game doesn't crash)

https://youtu.be/86r6DiMmGuc (Video if it helps)

Files: Fate.console.long and data956.bmp (Could not locate the hwexcept.log)

Edit: I went back to the non-beta files, transitioned to day 6, saved the game, switched back to the beta files and loaded up the save, have no trouble continuing the game (It even shows the day switch) something happens between the black screens that causes the crash https://youtu.be/Y0swewMe0wg (Video if it helps)
    This issue is known due to the call stack being broken when the files have been changed. This issue has been fixed and will be in the next release.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    dont post direct links to torrent sites please we dont want no trouble
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-k View Post
    ok, so firstly, for the routes that i have to get/download...
    I recommend you to use the Nyaa version
    I have an even easier method, but this is of the older v0.9.0, so it's important to then make sure to manually update the XP3 patch files to either v0.9.1 (the files currently listed in the first post of this thread) or the latest 1.0 public beta).

/uc?id=1vu-1GURg2UclHMYpJVDGQjMVH_-5O5DH

Hint: "Google Drive URL"

Note that this is an "everything and the kitchen sink" portable bundle of v0.9.0, so it not only includes the H-content but they're even enabled by default, so if you don't want that then make sure to configure your settings accordingly via 'Patch' -> 'Censor' (or just flat-out delete the file "patch_h.xp3").

Also you should probably delete the included "faterealtanua_savedata" folder as the default settings for the newer versions is different than those used for the old v0.9.0 (in particular, v1.0 beta defaults to "low" quality on low-res screens while v0.9.1 and older defaulted to "high" quality on any resolution greater than 800x600; this is bad because "high" by default results in a program window that does not fit on-screen for some not-as-high resolution displays like 1366x768)

If using the v1.0 beta, then be aware that, being a beta, it does have bugs (though v0.9.1 has it's own collection of bugs that do not occur in the v1.0 beta; v0.9.0 should never be used as v0.9.1 is an improvement in every way).
    Last edited by NM64; March 24th, 2021 at 04:25 PM.

So I used the installer to merge them all and it worked fine the first time, except it didn't download one of the patches right.(Got this error "Script exception raised file://./c/program files/fate/stay night[realta nua] ultimate edition/patch.xp3 is not XP3 archive or unsupported" )

So I deleted everything as this guide says to content://com.sec.android.app.sbrows...15031852.mhtml and went to reinstall it.

Then this happened https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mUW66tY9D-E (Turn your volume down the audios cancer) Is there any way to fix this?

thats helpful to note, thanks