Page 80 of 143 FirstFirst ... 30707578798081828590130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekusas Leengard View Post
    I thought in the title menu there were 4 options (load; start; config; extra) but the extra option doesn't appear to me (at least for now)
    Is it a bug or do I have to complete something before it appears?
    Don't quote me on this, but I think you have to finish at least the prologue. Did you do that?

If you did, then try again after clicking "start" on the title screen. If it still doesn't, then try again after the first 3 days in-game (though I'm pretty sure this is unnecessary).

If it still doesn't appear, then something is definitely borky.

Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Oh? For some reason I thought the patches can be used interchangeably because whenever I get help peeps were just like "just drag and drop the patches and let them replace whatever you have in there."
    It's my impression that people thought you were talking about "Ultimate Edition".

was ready to start clean with Quibe's patches and Ultimate Edition but...I can't run the installer with Wine Stable
    uyjulian is our resident Linux guru, so he could help you out with that.

Nevertheless, I'm guessing then you didn't "get" my google drive URL hint then? I say this because the version I was trying to link to (but won't directly because of forum rules) is a portable copy without the installer:

If you need the hint more blatantly spelled out, then consider that all Google Drive URLs begin with "drive.google.com" which is then followed by a slash - you know, one of these→ /
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by vavik View Post
    I've replaced these files but it doesn't works. After run Fate.exe I get windows sound about error and nothing happens

Open a Windows Explorer window to the folder containing the game, then move your mouse cursor to an empty space with no icons.

While holding down the Shift key, open the contextual menu by right-clicking, pressing Shift-F10, or pressing the Menu key.
    Click on "Open command window here". (On some configurations of Windows, this may show "Open PowerShell window here" instead.)

Type in ".\Fate.exe" and press enter.

After the console output has stopped:
    Open the contextual menu by right-clicking, pressing Shift-F10 on your keyboard, or pressing the Menu key on your keyboard.
    Click "Select All".

Once the text has been highlighted, right-click to copy the text to your clipboard.

Open pastebin.com in your web browser.

Paste the contents into the box by either of the following methods:
    Open the contextual menu by right-clicking, pressing Shift-F10 on your keyboard, or pressing the Menu key on your keyboard.
    Click "Paste".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-V on your keyboard.

Scroll down and click "Create new paste".

Click on the URL bar, then highlight the link by either of the following methods:
    Click "Select All".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-A on your keyboard.

Copy the highlighted URL into the clipboard by either of the following methods:
    Click "Copy".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-C on your keyboard.

Go to this forum thread, and scroll down until you see a section called "Quick Reply".
    Click on the box that is below that section.
    Paste the clipboard contents by either of the following methods:
    Click "Paste".
    OR
    Press Ctrl-V on your keyboard.

Hey guys, once again I'm in need of your help and tried to fiddle with this with no success. When I get to this one fight the game always crashes when I choose the right answer. Wrong answer I get the Taiga/Illya scene at the dojo advising me to always save before making a choice.

Choice screenshot:
    https://imgur.com/cWPvXmq

The error screenshot after making the choice:
    https://imgur.com/fDQxPae

I'm on macOS and must run the 3 routes separately by launching one of the 3 .exe with Wine Stable. Trying to run the 32-bit installer from the OP doesn't work (it can't find bgimage.xp3 during installation and it halts see screenshot: https://imgur.com/44sdmhW).

I have installed Quibe's patches from March 2020 and thrown them into the "faterealtanua_savedata" under my Documents folder.

BTW, there were earlier instances like this where I got a different error but I was usually able to just bypass forth:
    https://imgur.com/n1kHlxZ

Since I'm not running the consolidated Fate.exe/Ultimate Edition I don't have any options to turn video off...

And I do have the mpv.exe in the same folder as the Fate stay night[Realta Nua] -Fate-.exe for video support. The very first opening video works after the prologue so not sure what's wrong now.
    This thread is for the "Ultimate Edition" patch and not the older Realta Nua English patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazaka1352 View Post
    Hello, tell me please, how can I extract xp3 archives?
    You can use GARbro for this purpose.
    https://github.com/morkt/GARbro/rele...5.44-setup.exe
    Make sure the encryption is set to "No encryption".

So, hello again.
    I am here to ask a simple question.
    I thought in the title menu there were 4 options (load; start; config; extra) but the extra option doesn't appear to me (at least for now)
    This is intentional behavior when the prologue is not completed yet.

Oh? For some reason I thought the patches can be used interchangeably because whenever I get help peeps were just like "just drag and drop the patches and let them replace whatever you have in there."

I was ready to start clean with Quibe's patches and Ultimate Edition but...I can't run the installer with Wine Stable. It gives me an error:
    https://imgur.com/44sdmhW

EDIT:

Welp I decided to keep whatever old patches that were meant to go with .exe files I had and didn't replace them with any new patches. It seems to have skipped over that video fine after answering the question. A bit glitchy but it passed... I can't see the video but that's alright. I'm just glad I can continue with the story. Hope I'm not missing out much. >:
    For a prepatched version of the game, search the follow string using Google: cdda8a7b047a55e55baf38d7b842e886052aa1bd
    Please be aware that the prepatched version is the older v0.9.1 version. However, you can replace the files with the ones from this post to update to the v1.0.0 beta: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...67#post3049567

----

I have a Vita port of Kirikiri compiling... However, it shows an error when running.
    There is no console output, and "vita-parse-core" isn't giving me a useful backtrace (unlike the Atmosphere crash handler on Switch).
    If anyone wants to take a crack at it...
    Last edited by Alyinghood; December 20th, 2020 at 01:25 PM.

https://pastebin.com/BPT8L0gH here is my problem for the same case as the previous person about the game not booting at all, but making a Windows sound effect as if it failed. I have it all perfect I figured, cause they are all put together and I can use them individually but besides that, I am not allowed to use Ultimate edition?

Quote Originally Posted by VentusFury View Post
    here is my problem for the same case as the previous person about the game not booting at all
    I would say the same thing then.

If you know how to torrent, search for the following on whatever search engine - it will give you a portable pre-assembled copy of Ultimate Edition v0.9.1 (despite being listed as v0.9.0, it actually is v0.9.1):
    Code:
    cdda8a7b047a55e55baf38d7b842e886052aa1bd

If you don't know how to torrent or simply prefer not to, then refer to what I said above regarding a portable pre-assembled copy of Ultimate Edition v0.9.0 on Google Drive:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post

If you need the hint more blatantly spelled out, then consider that all Google Drive URLs begin with "drive.google.com" which is then followed by a slash - you know, one of these→ /

Quote Originally Posted by VentusFury View Post
    https://pastebin.com/BPT8L0gH here is my problem for the same case as the previous person about the game not booting at all, but making a Windows sound effect as if it failed. I have it all perfect I figured, cause they are all put together and I can use them individually but besides that, I am not allowed to use Ultimate edition?
    Suggestion [3,General]: The command Fate.exe was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\Fate.exe".
    Last edited by Alyinghood; May 28th, 2020 at 12:25 PM.

「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」
    So, hello again.
    I am here to ask a simple question.
    Complete the prologue (i.e. read until it automatically returns you to the main screen).

It's my impression that people thought you were talking about "Ultimate Edition".

uyjulian is our resident Linux guru, so he could help you out with that.

Nevertheless, I'm guessing then you didn't "get" my google drive URL hint then? I say this because the version I was trying to link to (but won't directly because of forum rules) is a portable copy without the installer:

I understood your Google Drive link perfectly and downloaded it however I moved on right after because when trying to start up Fate.exe with Wine Stable I get this "kag" error:

https://imgur.com/lIU91Qo.png

Once I put the faterealtanua_savedata under My Documents (where it had to be with the the Realta Nua version to get it to work so I assume same here) I added the v1.0 patches from Quibe's post in there. The Fate.exe would finally execute this time without "kag" error but then it just keeps popping up windows to try and open something else. I don't know what other file to direct it to other than the Fate.exe so I'll keep starting that up but it will pop up a window endlessly asking to find it again:
    https://imgur.com/YHlukzP

The endless popups navigating to where...?:
    https://imgur.com/gCZXLCI
    https://imgur.com/iUJhCsO

I'm game to DM on Discord directly if you wanna help me that way or we can just stick to it here. I appreciate you guys trying to help me out.

I understood your Google Drive link perfectly and downloaded it however I moved on right after because when trying to start up Fate.exe with Wine Stable I get this "kag" error:

Once I put the faterealtanua_savedata under My Documents (where it had to be with the the Realta Nua version to get it to work so I assume same here) I added the v1.0 patches from Quibe's post in there. The Fate.exe would finally execute this time without "kag" error but then it just keeps popping up windows to try and open something else. I don't know what other file to direct it to other than the Fate.exe so I'll keep starting that up but it will pop up a window endlessly asking to find it again:
    https://imgur.com/YHlukzP

The endless popups navigating to where...?:
    https://imgur.com/gCZXLCI
    https://imgur.com/iUJhCsO

I'm game to DM on Discord directly if you wanna help me that way or we can just stick to it here. I appreciate you guys trying to help me out.
    Upload "krkr.console.log" somewhere and post the link here.

Once I put the faterealtanua_savedata under My Documents (where it had to be with the the Realta Nua version to get it to work so I assume same here) I added the v1.0 patches from Quibe's post in there.
    Just to clarify, you did already try putting the beta v1.0 patches in the same folder as Fate.exe, right? (that is, overwriting the existing XP3 files that came bundled in the Google Drive link)

If not, then do that. Also rename the "fate_savedata" folder in your documents to something else (such as "fate_savedata_BAK") or just straight-up delete the folder.

Just to clarify, you did already try putting the beta v1.0 patches in the same folder as Fate.exe, right? (that is, overwriting the existing XP3 files that came bundled in the Google Drive link)

If not, then do that. Also rename the "fate_savedata" folder in your documents to something else (such as "fate_savedata_BAK") or just straight-up delete the folder.
    Oml that worked ty!!! I had the patches with the Fate.exe replaced but also had that faterealtanua_savedata folder in My Documents. Thanos'd that faterealtanua_savedata folder and it worked... Just couldn't see the movies but I disabled that option. ;~; If you know how to get them to work ... I just have the MPV Player mpv.exe in the same folder as Fate.exe from what uyjulian said before but it just white screens and gets stuck if I have videos enabled.

Oml that worked ty!!! I had the patches with the Fate.exe replaced but also had that faterealtanua_savedata folder in My Documents. Thanos'd that faterealtanua_savedata folder and it worked... Just couldn't see the movies but I disabled that option. ;~; If you know how to get them to work ... I just have the MPV Player mpv.exe in the same folder as Fate.exe from what uyjulian said before but it just white screens and gets stuck if I have videos enabled.
    Try enabling "Force movie playback using mpv" option in the "Patch" menu.
    If the option can not be selected, you did not place "mpv.exe" in the correct location.
    If the option is not available in the menu, you didn't install the 1.0.0 beta correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Try enabling "Force movie playback using mpv" option in the "Patch" menu.
    If the option can not be selected, you did not place "mpv.exe" in the correct location.
    If the option is not available in the menu, you didn't install the 1.0.0 beta correctly.
    Put mpv.exe in with Fate.exe like this no?:
    https://imgur.com/Rr4It8o

Don't see the menu option to enable mpv at all. ;_;

Just couldn't see the movies but I disabled that option.
    Even over here on Windows, with the v1.0 beta I can't see the movies during the story itself yet they work just fine in the "Extra" menu.

So see if things work when playing them in the Extra menu as you may just be running into the same regression that I am.

Normally I would check where it is for you, but during a moment of poor mental clarity I did something really wonky to the SSD on my main PC so I'm in the process of restoring from a month-old backup and therefore I cannot actually check it at this time.

Even over here on Windows, with the v1.0 beta I can't see the movies during the story itself yet they work just fine in the "Extra" menu.

So see if things work when playing them in the Extra menu as you may just be running into the same regression that I am.

Normally I would check where it is for you, but during a moment of poor mental clarity I did something really wonky to the SSD on my main PC so I'm in the process of restoring from a month-old backup and therefore I cannot actually check it at this time.
    Extra menu causes it to crash. ;~; It's fine the movies don't seem to be that critical? Like are they all just rehash scenes of the anime? xD At least that's what the prologue looked like when I got it to work with the 3 .exe version. I'll be playing this Ultimate Edition going forward now, since the resolution seems higher. :v (It's a bigger game window for me).

Put mpv.exe in with Fate.exe like this no?:
    https://imgur.com/Rr4It8o

You can verify this by going to Help->About…

It's a bigger game window for me
    Wait, let me guess - you didn't delete the existing savadata folder that was in the google drive download, did you?

Now technically I've no idea if that would make a difference or not for the movies, but I know that v1.0 sets the default quality and window size to be the same as non-ultimate edition (this is just for the default; it still included the settings for "high" quality and what-not). This is why I also recommend deleting the savedata folder that is included with the google drive download (not to mention the thing about it having the H-content enabled which you should do something about if you don't want that stuff).

Also you're aware the visual novel predates all anime adaptations, right? The VN is from 2004, and the first anime adaptation was in 2006.

「いや―――来い、セイバァァァアアア! !!!」
    Hm, in my case movies do work when forcing playing through mvp.

However, it doesn't work normally (without mvp), and I have a vague guess that the patch is configured for a very specific location and/or configuration of LAV filters. Since I have a manually created and configured set-up, I can't really blame it for not hooking it up.

Though, on the other hand, I was curious and did try installing a separate clean LAV filters pack from the link somewhere above, and it didn't help (I think I started getting an error instead of the usual white screen).

Actually, I have a suggestion: why not just throw a standard codec pack in the patch itself? It won't really weigh much and would lift the task of installing codecs for the player, and all possible problems one may encounter with it. I mean, I think most people watch anime using some random popular/default player, if not online these days, so lots would have trouble I guess.

Then again, death to normies that don't watch anime in 1080p BDRips via manually configured madVR! Ehehe~

Extra menu causes it to crash. ;~;
    Dude, you can always try deleting everything and making a clean install of beta, hm? To me it sounds like you currently have a mix of different releases on your hands, no wonder it doesn't work as intended.

Also usually VNs have just a few movies, and I would argue that seeing them as intended in the proper moment is important. More so in such heavily directed work as F/sn.
    Last edited by N0Mi0; May 30th, 2020 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N0Mi0 View Post
    Actually, I have a suggestion: why not just throw a standard codec pack in the patch itself? It won't really weigh much and would lift the task of installing codecs for the player, and all possible problems one may encounter with it. I mean, I think most people watch anime using some random popular/default player, if not online these days, so lots would have trouble I guess.
    There is already LAV Filters bundled with the installer. However, in certain system configurations, it may not work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by N0Mi0 View Post
    I have a vague guess that the patch is configured for a very specific location and/or configuration of LAV filters. Since I have a manually created and configured set-up, I can't really blame it for not hooking it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    There is already LAV Filters bundled with the installer. However, in certain system configurations, it may not work properly.
    I've previously established there's definitely a bug of sorts though because v0.9.1 has the OPs working on my exact same system configuration (I use portable copies, so I'm able to have both versions present at the same time).

If you didn't register the LAVSplitter, LAVVideo, LAVAudio with regsvr32, you may have issues.
    Running the game with command line argument "-videosubsystem=krdslavf" in an incorrect configuration will show more information about the error.