Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 236368717273
Results 1,441 to 1,444 of 1444

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition

I was having the same Heavens Feel issue that has been mentioned a few times previously (error during Sakura alley scene) so I upgraded to the beta patch. I assumed save files wouldn't be compatible so I just started to manually skip through stuff to get back to my position. However, at the end of the prologue as Saber is about to attack Rin and it fades away, a white screen appears and won't go away. I can't progress after that point as the white screen won't go away no matter what. In game UI for exiting the game works though, just nothing else as far as I can tell.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Oh dear, I can definitely confirm that we've had at least some sort of regression in terms of the infamous "white screen of death" when it comes to playing OP videos during the story itself (that is, not from the 'Extra' -> 'Movie' menu).

On v0.9.1 on my Win7 SP1 + Haswell iGPU, everything works fine.

On v1.0 beta with the exact same OS and PC hardware config? Yeah... white screen of death. I'm definitely submitting a bug report for this on the bitbucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Areus View Post
    at the end of the prologue as Saber is about to attack Rin and it fades away, a white screen appears and won't go away.
    I don't suppose you're running Windows 7 and/or Intel integrated graphics?

I ask because I'm running both of those, and I too seem to have run into this unfortunate regression.

In the mean time, a work-around is posted in the first post due to this having been an issue back with v0.9.0 and earlier and is also how one can actually run the VN on Windows Vista - simply enable 'Patch' -> 'Movies' -> "Skip movies in-game" in the program window GUI menus.
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I don't suppose you're running Windows 7 and/or Intel integrated graphics?

I ask because I'm running both of those, and I too seem to have run into this unfortunate regression.

In the mean time, a work-around is posted in the first post due to this having been an issue back with v0.9.0 and earlier and is also how one can actually run the VN on Windows Vista - simply enable 'Patch' -> 'Movies' -> "Skip movies in-game" in the program window GUI menus.
    Sadly no, Windows 10 and non-integrated.

Also thanks, I'll give that a try!

Edit to avoid double post: Yeah, that worked, thanks again. Now the only issue with the beta patch that I've experienced (having skipped through the entire game up until where I was in HF) is that wide aspect ratio cuts off massive portions of the art. As I recall, it didn't do this in the previous version. No idea if this is a known issue or not, and not complaining, I'm fine with playing in standard. Just figured y'all may want to know.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/dGvV6kg
    Last edited by Areus; April 3rd, 2020 at 11:06 PM.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    I've submitted a proposal on the bitbucket issue tracker to rename the "wide (auto)" option to something that makes it more clear what it actually does, and to remove the implication that it only applies to wide aspect ratios (which it doesn't).

In particular, people with a 4:3 or 16:9 ratio screen (like I did initially) may find the wording confusing as to just what it means as they would see no difference compared to the ‘Normal’ or “Wide (16:9)” setting and could be confused at just what the purpose of that setting is. Heck, after not seeing a difference at first, I was thinking that maybe the "auto" meant that it actually changed by itself at various points within the VN based on specific content (like 4:3 for CGs, 16:9 for normal "talking scenes with character sprites").

I would instead suggest the setting to be named one of the following (listed alphabetically):

• Match desktop
    • Match display
    • Match screen
    • Same as desktop
    • Same as display
    • Same as screen

All of these could also end in the "(auto)" if you really wanted to retain that, but personally I found the designation "auto" to introduce more confusion than necessary as mentioned above - besides, the intended implication of "auto" is already taken care of in a more clear manner by any of the above-listed suggestions.

Also it's not like we have "(4:3)" at the end of the 'Normal' aspect ratio setting, so we shouldn't feel compelled to include something in place of the pre-existing "(auto)"...though now that I think of it, including "(4:3)" as well at the end of 'Normal' would probably make more sense than not as, much like the "(16:9)", it implies that its a fixed aspect of the listed ratio independent of what your desktop/display/screen is.

And for that reason, it would actually probably be better to leave off the "(auto)" at the end of the "match/same as desktop/display/screen" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Areus View Post
    Now the only issue with the beta patch that I've experienced (having skipped through the entire game up until where I was in HF) is that wide aspect ratio cuts off massive portions of the art. As I recall, it didn't do this in the previous version. No idea if this is a known issue or not, and not complaining, I'm fine with playing in standard. Just figured y'all may want to know.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/dGvV6kg
    That's how it behaved in previous versions as well.

...or rather, that's how it worked when it wasn't completely bugging out.

Do keep in mind that not all images are just a "dumb" crop and it actually pan & scans on a per-CG basis to show more than what a "dumb" crop by itself could show.

Also if your display is taller than 16:9, then using "wide (auto)" will show you more in the vertical axis (why it doesn't just disable "wide (16:9)" for fullscreen I have no idea - unless it's specifically because "wide (auto)" bugs out on ratios taller than 4:3 and wider than 16:9). And even if your display is 16:9, then you can always change your desktop resolution to get something that isn't quite as wide as 16:9 - for a 1080p screen, try 1680x1050 if it's listed (if it is, then I highly recommend setting your GPU scaling to either "centered" or "integer" to avoid blurry upscaling).

(more advanced users can take this a step farther by making a custom resolution of something like 1800x1080 or 1600x1080)
    Beast Lair's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Fate/stay night-related extended music loops @ my YouTube channel