Page 97 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4787929596979899102107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by noentry View Post
    Hi, can somebody help me? Truly sorry for the trouble but I wanted to finish this VN, I love it so much!

I've windows 10, installed Beta 1.0 and my settings for the VN are:
    - Textual content: Mixed
    - Music content: Mixed

And I did not install any H scene

This always occurred during Forest Ruin scene.

This is a known issue and will be fixed in the next release.
    To work around this issue, set the quality setting to "low"

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Had to reinstall the game due to getting a completely new PC and reinstalling windows completely.

Launching the .exe does nothing but play a system sound, and creating a console log in faterealtanua_savedata. The log mentions "member 'kag' missing" but simply deleting the config file does nothing as running the .exe still does nothing but play the system sound (administrator doesn't make a difference).

As an aside, I don't know at what point it's supposed to download/copy the patches, but my faterealtanua_savedata is always empty after running the installer.

https://pastebin.com/7D3BsV4A
    Do not run the program as administrator!

Try the beta version. https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3049567
    Overwrite the files when extracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Thanks, I'll save this for later as my MEGA is capped atm.

I managed to "solve" it though. Had previously uninstalled and reinstalled the patch before posting here, just to make sure, and was gonna do it once more now before trying the beta version, just to be really sure. However, for some reason I don't have an uninstaller anymore (and I haven't manually deleted it, and it wouldn't uninstall via control panel either) so I made a haphazard attempt at just deleting all the related files then ran the installer again, but I assume there's some registry stuff going on, since the installer still thought the game was installed, but now it actually downloaded the patches (which I guess were entirely missing previously), and then just restoring the game from recycle bin allowed me to launch the game now (with working patches).

So yeah, no idea why it went like that but guess it fixed itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I forgot to use the music switch with that one, nice catch. Until the next version, you can control it using the textual content switch.
    I cannot replicate the bug with the bgm after "Sakura can't smile..." thing. I do hear the music from the chorus in both the original and remixed OST. What exactly are you experiencing?
    I don't know if it can really be called a bug, but the music used to restart at a different part of the track in previous versions of the patch (before Ultimate Edition). I found a video which shows how it used to be :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wLHKS6EOko&t=24m20s

On my end, the music restarts at an earlier, less intense part of the track. I know it's a bit nitpicky but I think the previous version felt more impactful.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    While going digging through my old posts, I found mention of rendering the text at resolutions independently of any upscaling applied 2D raster graphics and stuff. What ever became of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Twhite90 View Post
    I don't know if it can really be called a bug, but the music used to restart at a different part of the track in previous versions of the patch (before Ultimate Edition). I found a video which shows how it used to be :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wLHKS6EOko&t=24m20s

On my end, the music restarts at an earlier, less intense part of the track. I know it's a bit nitpicky but I think the previous version felt more impactful.
    That's not nitpicky at all since special focus was put into recreating that behavior with the song "Light and Darkness" because, for whatever silly reason (George Lucas syndrome?), the stock Japanese version of Realta Nua has the "impactful" part of the song always be present (that is, even before the scene at 24m 20s) which is not how the original 2004 version operates - the 2004 version operates just like the video shows (except the video is using an older Vita OST patch with less seamless looping as it was yours truly that made sure that the waveform looped seamlessly in Ultimate Edition).

But yeah, the issue you're describing unfortunately seems to exist in even the private buggy "patch.xp3" Quibi sent me a couple weeks back, so the only thing I can think of is maybe it's an oversight or something? I can't really give any more insight as AFAIK this could be something with how the actual story script is coded and nothing with the actual music files and waveforms themselves and therefore is outside of my expertise.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Blog Entries
    Ah, I see now. The problem was that this variation of light and darkness was not affected by the bgm settings and only played the original OST. Fixed :3

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    While going digging through my old posts, I found mention of rendering the text at resolutions independently of any upscaling applied 2D raster graphics and stuff. What ever became of that?
    It will occur when I finish up the Python<->TJS interface, so I can "borrow" the implementation of the message layer from another project…

I was thinking about using the message layer from KAGΣ, but that would be quite a bit of a pain for a project that is not maintained, so I'm thinking about focusing efforts on a project that IS maintained with responsive upstream…

So i screwed up the install, and now whenever I try to run the installer, it skips past the screen to select folders for fate/ubw/hf routes, and all the patches are autocheckmarked, like its just trying to update the game. I saw an uninstaller posted, but running it and restarting hasn't helped. Any advice? I'm on Windows 10
    Last edited by btheshoe; November 24th, 2020 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by btheshoe View Post
    I saw an uninstaller posted, but running it and restarting hasn't helped. Any advice?
    I'd say start over with a pre-existing portable copy; just keep in mind that it's possible that any future version of the installer could still fail to operate properly on your OS, so for future updates you may need to rely on manually replacing the XP3 files:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    I have an even easier method, but this is of the older v0.9.0, so it's important to then make sure to manually update the XP3 patch files to either v0.9.1 (the files currently listed in the first post of this thread) or the latest 1.0 public beta).

/uc?id=1vu-1GURg2UclHMYpJVDGQjMVH_-5O5DH

Hint: "Google Drive URL"

Note that this is an "everything and the kitchen sink" portable bundle of v0.9.0, so it not only includes the H-content but they're even enabled by default, so if you don't want that then make sure to configure your settings accordingly via 'Patch' -> 'Censor' (or just flat-out delete the file "patch_h.xp3").

Also you should probably delete the included "faterealtanua_savedata" folder as the default settings for the newer versions is different than those used for the old v0.9.0 (in particular, v1.0 beta defaults to "low" quality on low-res screens while v0.9.1 and older defaulted to "high" quality on any resolution greater than 800x600; this is bad because "high" by default results in a program window that does not fit on-screen for some not-as-high resolution displays like 1366x768)

If using the v1.0 beta, then be aware that, being a beta, it does have bugs (though v0.9.1 has it's own collection of bugs that do not occur in the v1.0 beta; v0.9.0 should never be used as v0.9.1 is an improvement in every way).
    Last edited by NM64; March 24th, 2021 at 04:27 PM.

I keep getting the KAG error even after deleting the config file, not to mention that my old saves don't work. Help?

Hi everyone!

I specifically made an account for this post.

First of all, huge thanks to all the developers/homebrewers who made this project!

I wanted to ask the following, because I am still a little bit confused after reading the thread history.
    As far as I see there is an 1.0 beta version available since Q1 2020. It is better in every way than the 0.9.1 version from Q1 2019 except that there is a game breaking bug with the day 5 -> day 6 tranisition. That bug however is fixed since April 2020.
    So what I don't understand is whether there was a bugfix release/download for the 1.0 beta version since Q1 2020 or not? If not, is there a plan to bugfix the beta with that before the stable 1.0.0 release?

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by fateful; November 25th, 2020 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amicus View Post
    I keep getting the KAG error even after deleting the config file, not to mention that my old saves don't work. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by fateful View Post
    Hi everyone!

I specifically made an account for this post.

First of all, huge thanks to all the developers/homebrewers who made this project!

I wanted to ask the following, because I am still a little bit confused after reading the thread history.
    As far as I see there is an 1.0 beta version available since Q1 2020. It is better in every way than the 0.9.1 version from Q1 2019 except that there is a game breaking bug with the day 5 -> day 6 tranisition. That bug however is fixed since April 2020.
    So what I don't understand is whether there was a bugfix release/download for the 1.0 beta version since Q1 2020 or not? If not, is there a plan to bugfix the beta with that before the stable 1.0.0 release?

Thanks everyone!
    The 1.0.0 beta version is the last version released. There have been no further releases.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; November 25th, 2020 at 09:56 PM.

The 1.0.0 beta version is the last version released. There have been no further releases.
    Too bad. But I see. Thank you for the response, I'll just keep monitoring then!

I've been looking for a 100% save, since I lost my original save, I want to reread HF before the HF3 bluray comes out in march.

Hello everyone. I am currently trying to install the patch and ran into the following problem: After using the 64bit Installer and installing all seven patches I tried running the merged game and got an error message, featuring the name of the game and some japanese characters. I couldn't find anything about this type of error online so I decided to reinstall the game as well as the patch and deleted the files. However, when I try to reinstall the patch now it will not ask for a install location and instead install the seven patch files in the location I selected the first time and nothing no else (no merged game .exe, no readme etc.). Any idea how I can fix this and get the game to run?

Quote Originally Posted by TiberMaxson View Post
    Hello everyone. I am currently trying to install the patch and ran into the following problem: After using the 64bit Installer and installing all seven patches I tried running the merged game and got an error message, featuring the name of the game and some japanese characters. I couldn't find anything about this type of error online so I decided to reinstall the game as well as the patch and deleted the files. However, when I try to reinstall the patch now it will not ask for a install location and instead install the seven patch files in the location I selected the first time and nothing no else (no merged game .exe, no readme etc.). Any idea how I can fix this and get the game to run?
    Use the uninstaller: *****************************file/24q2j...llers.zip/file

After using the uninstaller, re-install the game.

Afterwards, try the beta version. https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3049567

Video playback is supported
    For the current beta version, there was a logic error. It has been fixed and will be rolled into the next release.
    Is it possible to get a release with this fix included?

Quote Originally Posted by Arilando View Post
    It will be in the next release.

Hey, thanks for the ultimate version.

Firstly I wanted to share something I discovered about the infamous crash at 3rd day, and various other bugs.

When upgrading from v0.9 to v1 beta completely delete the save folder from documents if there is any, and otherwise, don't use v0.9 ultimate saves for v1 beta, including but not limited to the full save on the forum.
    This was the difference between crashing and not crashing on the 3rd day for me, and also apparently using the v0.9 ultimate saves for v1 beta can cause various other crashes at parts of the game too.

That aside, I've got several questions regarding the patches.

So the H patch, returns the H scenes, but what do the textual realta nua vs classic options do? What does mixed do? And what does disabling the censoring of mature content exactly do?

Is there even much else that was changed in Realta Nua besides the H stuff?

And does leaving the music content on mixed, allow for choosing which music to play and changes nothing else (like does it leave the default with playing Realta Nua or what? also what about in regards to the mixed PS vita OSTs?)? And does picking classic, play the classic OSTs and Realta Nua play the Realta Nua OSTs, or is it something you have to again choose in the config of the game?

Edit: I also found a minor bug about closing the game when playing a movie from the movie menu, when you try to close the window when a movie is being played there, the dialog of "Do you want to exit" kind of thing doesn't appear, and you can't close the game that way, the dialog rather seems to go "behind" it, making it inaccessible as long as the movie is playing.
    Last edited by Username55; December 1st, 2020 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arilando View Post
    It's worth noting the OPs at least work in the in-game Extra menu, so you can still watch them - they just don't work correctly when played during the story itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Username55 View Post
    So the H patch, returns the H scenes, but what do the textual realta nua vs classic options do? What does mixed do?
    Hopefully one of the more senior project members can answer this question as I can never remember 100% what the difference is myself. But it was my impression that the video in the opening post described some of the differences.

And what does disabling the censoring of mature content exactly do?
    Censor = no sexy times
    Uncensor = sexy times with blurred/pixelated genitalia
    Decensor = sexy times with visible genitalia

Censor mature content = less blood and gore, less detailed descriptions of injuries, etc

Is there even much else that was changed in Realta Nua besides the H stuff?
    New OP videos, additional music, additional CGs, additional graphical effects, and an additional ending.

And technically the addition of voices as well, but the english patch for the original 2004 PC F/sn included the option to add in voices from the PS2 version of Realta Nua, so...

And does leaving the music content on mixed, allow for choosing which music to play and changes nothing else (like does it leave the default with playing Realta Nua or what, also in regards to the mixed PS vita OSTs)? And does picking classic, play the classic OSTs and Realta Nua play the Realta Nua OSTs, or is it something you have to again choose in the config of the game?
    First off, there are two musical settings - one in the in-game Config menu (where you can also change the volume and stuff), and another in the one in the Patch menu in the actual program window (where you can also change the Censor settings).

The setting in the Config menu simply sets which version of a given song is to be used as there is usually at least two versions of every single song - the original composition and a remixed version, though some songs have a third version exclusive to the PS2 version of Realta Nua that is slightly different to the non-remixed version of a given song.

The setting in the Patch menu in the program window controls which song altogether is played in certain scenes. This is most obvious in the prologue - setting Classic has the song "Clashing Souls" play during the Lancer/Archer fight, while setting it to Mixed or Realta Nua has the song "Burst Up" play instead. However, during the scene where Rin has to heal Shirou after he was seen by Lancer, the song "Ever-present Feeling" will play if the setting is set to Classic or Mixed, but when set to Realta Nua the song "Deep Slumber" plays instead.
    Last edited by NM64; December 1st, 2020 at 11:14 PM. Reason: I was testing something the "update" function, but "Username55" replied before I could finish the test...

Thanks for the answer!

Though, I am curious as to how much gore was actually censored in Realta Nua too, cause from what I know, not much was censored, but you said you don't remember 100% the difference, so thanks anyways.
    Last edited by Username55; December 1st, 2020 at 11:15 PM.