Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18232627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Postgame sidestory should've been in the main game. Contains crucial development for the box legendary and Hop. I quite liked it tbh, but it was too important to just be a sidestory.
    burn your dread you coward

You can rechallenge the league as much as you want, but you only get a wishing stone as a reward once a day. You get Pokeballs and nuggets for further runs (Apricorn balls are in the pool)

As for the postgame, I kinda wish all the legendary stuff was shunted into the postgame (or at least, that it didn't interrupt the League).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Somebody mentioned it to me the other day but now I can't unsee 18 year old Opal as an Osamu Tezuka character...

Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    You can rechallenge the league as much as you want, but you only get a wishing stone as a reward once a day. You get Pokeballs and nuggets for further runs (Apricorn balls are in the pool)

As for the postgame, I kinda wish all the legendary stuff was shunted into the postgame (or at least, that it didn't interrupt the League).
    Yeah, but the Wishing stars are frankly the only thing worth doing the League for, taking into account they cost like 3000WP which is a bit ridiculous. Repeating it over and over again is honestly not worth it, specially when raid battles give you plenty of EXP items, plus the Poke Jobs are really good for leveling up tons of Pokemon at the same time.

Looks my decision to wait on the enhanced remake of this is proving more astute by the day.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You don't need a good team for the Battle Tower, you can just sweep it with the box legendary (which you can bring this time)

Especially if you picked Sword, Zacian's stats are 'what the fuck were they thinking' tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I mean... makes sense. You're essentially wielding Excalibur and you can fire 5 Excaliblasts per battle.

I'll see myself out...
    burn your dread you coward

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Yeah, but the Wishing stars are frankly the only thing worth doing the League for, taking into account they cost like 3000WP which is a bit ridiculous. Repeating it over and over again is honestly not worth it, specially when raid battles give you plenty of EXP items, plus the Poke Jobs are really good for leveling up tons of Pokemon at the same time.
    With the Gigantamax Meowth, if you can get three G-Max moves off, each battle gives you around 120k pokeyen. You can farm money off raids too, but I like redoing the league, the tournament format keeps it pretty fresh.

- - - Updated - - -

Battle Tower this time around is a joke. Legendaries aside, there's one default rental team with Mimikyu, Aegislash and Rotom-H that wrecks everything. They don't even have optimal builds, but I got a 64 win streak that remains unbroken as of yet by using them. The AI seems a lot more cheeseable than in the Battle Tower, but that's more anecdotal.

I wonder if the raid resetting exploits will be patched. I hope not since Wishing Stones are expensive and anything that cuts down on tedium is welcome, but it is pretty funny how blatantly abusable they are.

For anyone who doesn't know, when you save after tossing in a Wishing Stone, there's a window of time where you can see what color the raid is before it's actually saved. You can use that to soft reset until you get a purple raid. This is what I've been doing with a friend to farm Dittos. I haven't tried this one, but according to another friend who used it to farm gigantamaxes, if you:
    when u get it on purple click invite others set ur switch clock one day forward go back to it then quit then open it up again rinse and repeat
    you can soft reset till you get the raid you want.
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Im probably not gonna bother doing any post game pokemon catching or raising in this game. feeling pretty done with the game with clock at 25h. The way they cucked me out of catching pokemon throughout the game has left me unmotivated to do any post game dex filling

Trading is honestly really bad, I would rather take GTS over the way they've done this. At least in GTS I could just put the Pokemon that is exclusive to one version and ask for another exclusive, and I was guaranteed to get it after a day. Here, god knows how long it took until I found somebody willing to trade Stonjourner for Eiscue. There were a lot of jokers putting the legendaries then quickly canceling then putting a crappy Pokemon instead, apart from people offering Dittos that don't have max IVs.

I sure hope Pokemon Home improves that.
    Last edited by Oz1337; December 1st, 2019 at 09:14 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    GTS always worked perfectly for me, as long as i was the one putting my pokemon up there. Trying to find a pokemon myself never worked though, because all reasonable requests were gone in the blink of an eye and all that was left were legendary requests.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I got a Swampert named Mudkip once while trading for a Mudkip, but other than that the GTS mostly worked fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Welp, done with getting all Fossil Pokemon. That sure was a stressful trading sequence. Corsola seems to be a popular option for trading, that's for sure. I still have a few left from Shield to get, but once that's done I can finally experiment with different teams and Dynamax.

Two new DLCs have been announced for Pokemon Sword and Shield, one for June 2020 and another for Fall 2020. And what a surprise, they will bring about 200 Pokemon that were cut because of "balance" issues back into the game (one of them is Aurorus which I'm glad, one of my favorite Ice pokemon).

Some new legendaries will appear in both DLCs and also Galarian Slowpoke that can only be evolved with items from the DLC. New stuff specific to each DLC like being able to enter Dens with a group and get old legendaries from them (aka what you did in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon).

Also no news about Pokemon Home, unless they put it near the end which was cut because Japanese stream ended before English stream but they decided to cut both streams at the same time LOL.

Price is $30 for each DLC btw...
    Last edited by Oz1337; January 9th, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

US Friend Code
    I expected the DLC instead of an Emerald/Paltinum-esque third version. Definitely preferable to buying a full-price game. Of the two new areas the tundra has me more interested, since it's about exploring ruins and finding new legendaries.I'm more interested in the Mystery Dungeon remake though. Loved those games as a kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Price is $30 for each DLC btw...
    I'm pretty sure it's 30 for both combined. You can't buy the new areas separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's 30 for both combined. You can't buy the new areas separately.
    I hope it's like that, $30 for each DLC is way too much.

Honestly though, I'm shocked they didn't say anything at all about Pokemon Home, which is what I was expecting they would talk. They said they would comment more in the future, but technically this will be released on February so I'm not sure why they are still not saying anything more about it.

Oh, and the cut part was about Mystery dungeon. Not a fan of it, so not a big miss I guess.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, there's no way I'm giving them more money after how lackluster Sword was.

No mudkip no buy.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If Mustard doesn't say "You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!” whilst training you then something is wrong with Nintendo's brain.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Mystery dungeon was a good idea but, in the first generation at least, poorly implemented.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.