Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2025282930

Thread: [FF] Grail Works, Ltd.: Fate/Anarchy (Type-Moon/Scion crossover)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    I cannot help but feel like I made a terrible mistake somewhere. I'm not sure where. Perhaps it was just when I realized that we had multiple characters who want to suplex things. An eye for an eye and all that.

Also the rising suplex attempts in the air was a VERY vivid image. I'm pretty sure it was a Dragonball-inspired image, but very vivid nonetheless.

I look forward to observing what actually happens at that time in the story, since this is evidently AFTER dealing with Shirou, and we're barely done with Dracula. I also have to wonder if with sufficient determination or expertise, you can use Command Spells non-verbally. Perhaps not, though I know Kirei's alternative uses didn't require words... hm.
    You brought the crack omake on yourselves!

Seriously, though. Crack omake is crack. Take it for the humor it is.
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

I write like Douglas Adams. Proof: http://iwl.me/s/696f37bd

吸血鬼 Vampire
    Oh I did, I just don't have a good way to describe laughing about crack fic in text, so I resort to expressing exaggerated horror at how crack it is, in a "what hath science wrought" way.

I then couldn't think of much else to talk about afterwards and went off on a tangent. Might be padding, I kinda dislike making forum posts that are two sentences long.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, I *thought* it would be easier to produce a new character sheet for Scylla.

Then Kieran let me look at the 2e editions for a lot of stuff that would be useful for making a 2e Scylla. (Cue a scream of despair echoing time and space, as I try to work on deciding if Scylla would be better off as 1e or 2e. Much like Vegeta in DBZ abridged, only despair instead of RAGE...)

Much, MUCH thumping my head against a wall (thankfully with a pillow between my head and said wall) as I've been trying to work out if 1e or 2e scion would be better for Scylla.

So, I'll ask you this, do you want 2e, considering how much they've expanded on it, with the understanding that there's going to be a lot of experience saved until Demigod comes out?

Furthermore, do you want Scylla's name changed? Or would you rather Scylla to deal with Tamamo trying to get him to consider being a girl, fucking with Scylla, etc. as a result? Much like Caules had to worry about, earlier in the story...

Edit:

Thinking about it, I'll explain a bit why.

No epic attributes is a huge factor for 2e, as far as the three books released now show. To counterbalance that, and make Scylla have the "oomph" that he's had to date, will take work.

And creating purviews from scratch for his character.

At the same time, it's far more versatile for 2e than it was for 1e. 1e was pretty much "DICE ROLLS, YAY!: THE GAME". 2e... not so much.

So if you want me to move Scylla up to 2e, and purviews to fake being equivalent to a 1e Demigod until the Demigod book comes out, and I can work things out more (and KEEP Scylla at a level where he's a decent threat for any enemies, so they have a relatively safe home base to go back to...) I can do that. But it will take time. And a lot more than I've already put into it.
    Last edited by RanmaBushiko; June 17th, 2020 at 03:06 AM.
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

Jester of the Moon Cell's Sovereign Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RanmaBushiko View Post
    No epic attributes is a huge factor for 2e, as far as the three books released now show.
    A quick counterpoint/info drop: there are Epic Attributes, it's just that they're all largely (though as of the latest release, not exclusively - not quite, anyway) physical in nature. The Mental and Social trees are pretty bare; less than useful for Erik and Tamamo, specifically.

. . . In other news, I am working on the next chapter, but it's slow going; I've been called back to work, and the hours are not only exhausting after three months of inactivity, they're erratic. Lack of consistent time is slowing me down as much as anything, sorry.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Ouch... sorry to hear that, Kieran. I hope all goes well for you.

As for RB? I think the best I can offer is that I hope you can make placeholders for Scylla.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

吸血鬼 Vampire
    It feels plot-relevant to make Scylla a 2e character eventually, but if it's extremely high effort, I'm just fine with statting him out in 1e, especially with the extra system familiarity. You can always defer changing him over with the same reason as Erik. Since you're doing a "converting things over" you might be able to do piecewise substitutions, but I have no idea what that would look like. Most RPG systems you can't just drop pieces in from another edition.

Name changing is too meta a question for me. Scylla is Scylla. If Scylla wants to go by a different name, he can. I don't know what sort of name he would choose, or if he would be interested in doing that. I can see Tamamo playing with gender identity stuff, though I feel like she might prefer to do that once Scylla is slightly more established in his identity. Then again, I'm not entirely familiar with her motivations for doing that normally. I feel like going from agender to male is already interesting, and she might chill out a bit until the novelty wears off?

Also, ick, work. No worries Kieran, I'll be watching.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Ouch... sorry to hear that, Kieran. I hope all goes well for you.

As for RB? I think the best I can offer is that I hope you can make placeholders for Scylla.

Yeah, he seems to be holding up somewhat well, but I can tell he's exhausted, and he's only had an hour at most every night to message back and forth with me on skype. Tired Kieran is tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    It feels plot-relevant to make Scylla a 2e character eventually, but if it's extremely high effort, I'm just fine with statting him out in 1e, especially with the extra system familiarity. You can always defer changing him over with the same reason as Erik. Since you're doing a "converting things over" you might be able to do piecewise substitutions, but I have no idea what that would look like. Most RPG systems you can't just drop pieces in from another edition.

Name changing is too meta a question for me. Scylla is Scylla. If Scylla wants to go by a different name, he can. I don't know what sort of name he would choose, or if he would be interested in doing that. I can see Tamamo playing with gender identity stuff, though I feel like she might prefer to do that once Scylla is slightly more established in his identity. Then again, I'm not entirely familiar with her motivations for doing that normally. I feel like going from agender to male is already interesting, and she might chill out a bit until the novelty wears off?

Also, ick, work. No worries Kieran, I'll be watching.
    Converting things over... would, like I'd say, be harder... normally... Except for the tiny thing where you can make your own purviews in Scion 2e, according to the newest book, as well as outright make pantheons from scratch, and are allowed to remake older purviews from the previous system if you wish, or unique abilities.

Remaking half of the abilities Scylla has as Purviews isn't... impossible, but it is going to be tiring. Considering how much work I've been trying to do to ensure Fenris and Tamamo will get converted, and the fact that each character is getting 1 exp per chapter we write?

So statting out Scylla as a Demigod without the Demigod book to ensure I get things right means I'm going to have to rely on purviews to counter a lot of issues, until that book comes out. Purviews that could leave him utterly broken as a 2e charcter, by standard 2e rules, until we get that book out.

On writing notes...

I've got 5 pages of the first draft of Interlude 3 written, by the way, though I need to correct spelling to handle perspectives properly... and make sure it meshes better, as well.

I've also written, then rewritten (more than once...), parts of what will be either chapter 65 or 66 on my end. It's slow, but steady. There's a lot of ground to be covered with my next chapter... like poor Olga's reaction to the clusterfuck. You didn't think Olga, Mash and Fou were missing for no reason during that last few chapters, did you...?