Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: [FF] Grail Works, Ltd.: Fate/Anarchy (Type-Moon/Scion crossover)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Sorry - it's good for one trip, forwards and back, regardless of ultimate duration, each. It can only be used to go forward after it's gone back, and breaks once the second trip is completed. I will update the entry to clarify when I get a chance to.
    Oh good, it can go forward again.
    Hm. If I travel back in time, then enough time passes that the time I jumped back from is in the past, I assume that also counts as a return trip (going back the long way). Let's see... it sounds like from the plot that time is not self-consistent when she does this, as there are multiple "fix the timeline" attempts, but it also doesn't sound like she ends up having herself from divergent timelines interfering (that is, if she goes back to the future, repairs the watch, and jumps back again, she won't end up with 3 or more copies of herself running around?)
    It also sounds like since she can "break" the timeline, that she can cause proper grandfather paradoxes and get away with it, like travel back and kill someone AFTER having encountered them. That might not help much in a Holy Grail War, as that would just result in a different Master or similar (steal a catalyst, you're just asking to summon a stronger Servant as a result, unless it's a perfect Servant choice, like Vlad). Could still be worth it if you can get rid of Kotomine Shirou by siccing the Church on him or somesuch.
    I feel like I'm not coming up with any good solutions for this for some reason, even though it sounds like it should be possible to have your future self go back in time to do whatever you want to do right now, thus deferring the watch breaking for you personally, assuming you're still around in the future.

Time travel with paradoxes allowed feels weirdly difficult to exploit in a structured way, when starting a loop is so expensive, since starting one WILL almost certainly get you killed after if you haven't already won (I may be underestimating Nerine's ability to stand up to other Servants, actually). Confusing. I would say "if you can improve the state for your next self, good enough", since paradoxes allowed, but that doesn't stop you personally from being dead. I wonder if this makes time-travellers try to avoid interacting with themselves, or to make changes that don't cause obvious paradoxes, just to avoid truly unpredictable changes to the present. Seems plausible as a rule of thumb.

In specifically Anarchy's timeline... there are likely still a few useful points of intervention, but many of them can still probably self-correct to something worse. I'm really not sure what you'd want to do. Optimally, kill off Kotomine Shirou and Darnic before they have servants (you may need to bring someone else powerful, like Erik, for Shirou), then snag the Heart of Winter as it arrives, I guess.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Oh good, it can go forward again.
    Yes - in fact, that's basically the game's "bad ending." If you screw things up in Nerine's timeline badly enough, one of the other characters tells you to just go home, before you do something worse, like accidentally cause one of Shuffle's other characters not to be born (as her mother is Nerine's aunt, who is also present).

Hm. If I travel back in time, then enough time passes that the time I jumped back from is in the past, I assume that also counts as a return trip (going back the long way).
    Basically - the charge just doesn't get used. But yes, that's essentially how you "instantly" set up a 20-year operation.

Let's see... it sounds like from the plot that time is not self-consistent when she does this, as there are multiple "fix the timeline" attempts, but it also doesn't sound like she ends up having herself from divergent timelines interfering (that is, if she goes back to the future, repairs the watch, and jumps back again, she won't end up with 3 or more copies of herself running around?)
    No, she won't, because the overall clock is always running - if she jumps back after repairing the watch, her arrival point is five days after she returned to the present the first time. Likewise, if she spends an hour in the past, she'll return an hour after she jumped initially. The endpoint will always be "20 years before/after X time."

It also sounds like since she can "break" the timeline, that she can cause proper grandfather paradoxes and get away with it, like travel back and kill someone AFTER having encountered them.
    Well, in the game, you can change Nerine enough that she has no memory of ever meeting you - but "her body remembers," hence she still wants to sleep with you (H-game, after all); So she has some paradox insulation, even if she's far from immune. The effect, ergo, carries over to the Noble Phantasm version.

That might not help much in a Holy Grail War, as that would just result in a different Master or similar (steal a catalyst, you're just asking to summon a stronger Servant as a result, unless it's a perfect Servant choice, like Vlad). Could still be worth it if you can get rid of Kotomine Shirou by siccing the Church on him or somesuch.
    Quite. Alternatively, you could probably steal the Greater Grail much more easily, as Darnic would still be setting things up; the Forvedges won't be born yet, for example. And a single magus against a Servant, even one who's as much of a glass cannon as Nerine is (if you can actually hit her, of course) . . .

But that is the limitation on this - time still passes as you use it, which means it is effectively a one-shot item (realistically, given the length of most Grail Wars, you might get two or three uses out of it). So some creativity is needed to make the most effective use of it.

. . . On the other hand, the passive effect is nothing to sneer at, either.

I feel like I'm not coming up with any good solutions for this for some reason, even though it sounds like it should be possible to have your future self go back in time to do whatever you want to do right now, thus deferring the watch breaking for you personally, assuming you're still around in the future.
    Possibly. The major stumbling block I can see is accounting for the Grail's anchoring of a Servant: either the Grail is suddenly having to support an "extra," or it's not around at all, and the full prana cost falls on the Master.

Time travel with paradoxes allowed feels weirdly difficult to exploit in a structured way, when starting a loop is so expensive, since starting one WILL almost certainly get you killed after if you haven't already won (I may be underestimating Nerine's ability to stand up to other Servants, actually).
    Hard to say. On a personality level, she's not all that combat-focussed. Ruthless when pushed, yes - as I said, she was willing, able, and trying to vaporize a trio of teenagers just for badmouthing her love interest - but not really a fighter. Power-wise, she's been noted to be able to destroy city blocks with ease, and throw up barriers to block hurricane-level winds. Between that and the evasion granted by the watch . . . Maybe? I'm betting Archers and Assassins are the biggest threats to her, at least.

Confusing. I would say "if you can improve the state for your next self, good enough", since paradoxes allowed, but that doesn't stop you personally from being dead. I wonder if this makes time-travellers try to avoid interacting with themselves, or to make changes that don't cause obvious paradoxes, just to avoid truly unpredictable changes to the present. Seems plausible as a rule of thumb.
    Agreed.

In specifically Anarchy's timeline... there are likely still a few useful points of intervention, but many of them can still probably self-correct to something worse. I'm really not sure what you'd want to do. Optimally, kill off Kotomine Shirou and Darnic before they have servants (you may need to bring someone else powerful, like Erik, for Shirou), then snag the Heart of Winter as it arrives, I guess.
    Likely - and eliminating Jack the Ripper would be on the list, too. Though he'd at least have to go through the War for long enough that he found out about the Heart of Winter . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Basically - the charge just doesn't get used. But yes, that's essentially how you "instantly" set up a 20-year operation.
    But the watch still breaks once you get back to the present day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    No, she won't, because the overall clock is always running - if she jumps back after repairing the watch, her arrival point is five days after she returned to the present the first time. Likewise, if she spends an hour in the past, she'll return an hour after she jumped initially. The endpoint will always be "20 years before/after X time."
    travel in time as far back as twenty years
    That is NOT what the description implied to me. That's considerably more limited, and definitely worth updating. I was assuming you could pick any time within those 20 years to jump to. That does explain how you don't end up with multiple copies running around simultaneously, and seems like a good restriction. I was thinking you could, for example, jump back a day, do something, jump back, repair watch, jump back 6 days to have overlapping copies, do more stuff, etc. If you always MUST jump back exactly 20 years, or forward 20 years, that's considerably more limited.

On the other hand, the passive effect is nothing to sneer at, either.
    Oh absolutely not. Hence why I said "when starting a loop is so expensive, since starting one WILL almost certainly get you killed after". As the writer, you can either kill her by surprise in an unavoidable fashion via Archer/Assassin (ANTARES SNIPE or Maria the Ripper feel potentially effective), which feels cheap, or she has plot armour for the entire war, or some circumstance forces her to use it, so that she's vulnerable to actual damage thereafter. Only one of those is remotely interesting. It's like Chekov's gun, except less subtle.

Possibly. The major stumbling block I can see is accounting for the Grail's anchoring of a Servant: either the Grail is suddenly having to support an "extra," or it's not around at all, and the full prana cost falls on the Master.
    I mean, that's already a problem if you're going to be jumping outside of the time the Grail is around, the only difference is you're getting your future self to do it.

Though he'd at least have to go through the War for long enough that he found out about the Heart of Winter
    Since it's paradox-legal though, you can wait for a fairly large number of terrible things to happen, and undo them afterwards, as long as you're not dead. Actually, THERE we go. You jump back 20 years in time, come back the long way, fix whatever, and talk to your past self along the way. They're still free to jump, and are not forced to jump at the same time you did, since there's no requirement that the loop be stable. This also results in two copies of yourself. Heck, they can jump EARLIER and do a better job than you.
    The flip side is that making doomed loops has a modest chance in Anarchy of resulting in a extratemporal paradox-immune multiverse-devouring threat, which might invalidate your good loop result. Also having to live through 20 years for that seems rather unpleasant if you're not immortal.

Blog Entries
    But the watch still breaks once you get back to the present day?
    No, it's just basically useless, since there's nothing for it to do. It probably recharges once you reach the present again, though at what rate, I couldn't say. Possibly less than the repair time . . .?

That is NOT what the description implied to me. That's considerably more limited, and definitely worth updating. I was assuming you could pick any time within those 20 years to jump to.
    I was vague initially because I was still deciding on its limits, and hoping that I could actually find a playthrough to get a better idea of how the game version works. Sadly, it seems unlikely that I'll accomplish the latter, so sticking to its primary feat as a plot device seems best.

The passive bit, however, stays.

That does explain how you don't end up with multiple copies running around simultaneously, and seems like a good restriction. I was thinking you could, for example, jump back a day, do something, jump back, repair watch, jump back 6 days to have overlapping copies, do more stuff, etc. If you always MUST jump back exactly 20 years, or forward 20 years, that's considerably more limited.
    Quite - and both fair from a balancing perspective, and a narrative one.

Oh absolutely not. Hence why I said "when starting a loop is so expensive, since starting one WILL almost certainly get you killed after". As the writer, you can either kill her by surprise in an unavoidable fashion via Archer/Assassin (ANTARES SNIPE or Maria the Ripper feel potentially effective), which feels cheap, or she has plot armour for the entire war, or some circumstance forces her to use it, so that she's vulnerable to actual damage thereafter. Only one of those is remotely interesting. It's like Chekov's gun, except less subtle.
    A little bit, yes. On the other hand, it's not an uncommon state for Servants, either; they're overpowered badasses, until they suddenly aren't.

I mean, that's already a problem if you're going to be jumping outside of the time the Grail is around, the only difference is you're getting your future self to do it.
    True . . . And the limitation is that you really couldn't have more than two versions of the same people running around, so it's not completely ridiculous.

Since it's paradox-legal though, you can wait for a fairly large number of terrible things to happen, and undo them afterwards, as long as you're not dead. Actually, THERE we go. You jump back 20 years in time, come back the long way, fix whatever, and talk to your past self along the way. They're still free to jump, and are not forced to jump at the same time you did, since there's no requirement that the loop be stable. This also results in two copies of yourself. Heck, they can jump EARLIER and do a better job than you.
    Very true.

The flip side is that making doomed loops has a modest chance in Anarchy of resulting in a extratemporal paradox-immune multiverse-devouring threat, which might invalidate your good loop result.
    Also true.

Also having to live through 20 years for that seems rather unpleasant if you're not immortal.
    Well, Celestial Exalt; with a multi-millennium life span, he can spare a couple of decades . . .

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Omake: Into the Fire (Another Alternate Servant Summoning)

Sighișoara, Romania
    July 1, 2004

The last etchings made, Frid made a cut, and bleeding into his empty summoning circle, beginning to chant as he did so . . .

Ironically, Frid had a catalyst; he’d picked it up during a layover on his journey from the Orkneys. His pre-awakening reasoning, apparently, had been that it might be useful to the Yggdmillennia, given the scarcity of such things, after the widescale distribution of the Heaven’s Feel ritual; and if not, it would be an interesting, if macabre, souvenir. Post-awakening, he’d still intended to hand it over—even if the Servant it would almost certainly summon was no better than Jack the Ripper, the newcomer was (probably) more reliable . . .

And then Fiore had made her request before he could even mention it, and rendered the catalyst useless. For one thing, the Assassin slot was probably already filled (unless Zelretch had intervened to take out the unholy love-child of EMIYA and Kotomine Kirei), and for another, that one wasn’t at all compatible with him.

Some of the other versions, maybe—but I’m not sure any of them would be strong enough to survive this . . . Which means I’m stuck relying on the compatibility system.

Even as he began the incantation, Frid wondered—what sort of Servant was compatible with a Master who intended to betray his comrades in spirit, if not in fact, from the beginning? He had no particular interest in the Grail, himself, and no reason to care whether the Association or the Yggdmillennia wound up with it in the end; at least, not insofar as it was kept out of the hands of Kotomine Shirou or “Count Darnicula . . .”

Shirou—the real Shirou, to his mind—would’ve approved of that, he thought.

His only concern in this affair beyond that was regarding Fiore’s wellbeing, and to a slightly lesser extent, Caules’; only “slightly,” because he did like the kid, and Fiore’s was, obviously, invested in it.

So who will it be? Normally, I’d expect Hans, but under these circumstances? Medea was the betrayed, not the betrayer . . . Lancelot, maybe—or, since Mordred is a thing here, maybe her? It’d be nice to try and get her past her gender hang-up . . .

“. . . From the binding circle,” he finished in a thundering tone, “thou, Guardian of the Scales!”

Blazing light filled his vision, but his Mystic Eyes “saw” through the blindness, which revealed—

What in the HELL . . .?

The figure stood a full head shorter than he did, but was at least as broad—or at least, it gave that impression. Clad in a long, full-body cloak, most details of its form were obscured; however, its shoulders were clad in metal plates linked to a collar (spaulders and a gorget, if he had the names correct), with fringes of red leather hanging from them, and crests of matching feathers sweeping up along either side of it, creating an exaggerated “collar.” When combined with the knightly helmet (including a ridiculously long horsehair fringe of the kind he usually saw on ancient Roman designs) and Venetian-style facemask, his initial impression was of an operatic parody of a centurion.

. . . But upon spotting the equally-oversized axe hefted casually in one hand, Frid upgraded the impression to “operatic parody of an executioner.

Possibly even more concerning than its appearance, however, was the fact that he didn’t recognise this Servant at all—who exactly was he dealing with, here . . .?

“In response to your call, I have come,” the Servant proclaimed, in robotic-sounding tones that implied the use of a voice-changer—not something a non-modern Heroic Spirit ought to have access to, and distinctly at odds with the medieval appearance.

“I have taken many guises—for the duration of this conflict, however, you may refer to me as ‘Saber of Red’ . . . If you have the courage to be my Master.”

Internally, Frid winced—it sounded like this one had Mordred’s pride, at least, along with her title. Did that mean he was taking the necromancer’s slot?

He hadn’t ended up too well . . . And on the meta level, if you considered that Sabers were typically the protagonists of their respective Fate series, it meant that Frid was in for a lot of attention from the universe at large; any plans to put in a “low-key” effort were almost certainly shot—

Which is nothing compared to what my Servant is liable to do to me if I don’t put in a genuine effort to win . . .

The Servants watched as the Master made his call.

Most specifically, Saber watched the Archer Servant, theoretically out of sight and earshot, staring suspiciously, and with a visibly growing expression of disbelief; presumably, he could read lips. It was already clear that he was going to be a problem (his cynical attitude earlier had not impressed), and there was an enjoyable sense of anticipation regarding the thought of smacking the smug off his face . . .

But with this revelation, it had to be admitted that he had a point.

More importantly, though, Saber heard both sides of the phone conversation, as a portion of the Servant’s attention was divided between both listening to what he said, and considering what it implied . . . And while the expectations of a Servant’s role required that Saber defended him against Archer of Red’s suspicions, it was as much to gauge what the magus would reveal, when questioned; and to see if what could be learned of his mannerisms—falsehoods were easier to spot with familiarity, after all.

As such, when they were next alone, Saber took the opportunity to confront him.

“You seem quite adept at telling people things they would wish to hear,” the Servant said flatly, idly toying with the axe—whose blade was the length of the magus’ arm—in a single-handed grip in a display primed to intimidate. “I wonder, however, what your true intentions are . . .”

The explanation which followed was long, and would perhaps have been wholly unbelievable, had its listener not been a Heroic Spirit fighting in a Holy Grail War. After all, both such an existence and such an experience individually were things that, in Saber’s lifetime, could only have existed as flights of fantasy—and yet, they did exist, and were occurring at this very moment. As it was, the Servant was forced to at least grant a modicum of credence to the possibility of its being true.

But what testified to its veracity was more than that; it was the tone of her Master, the posture he assumed: a world-weary air of defeat. He knew very well the lunacy of what he said, and expected both condemnation and reprisal for it . . . And yet, despite that, Saber saw no hint of regret.

“. . . To summarise, then,” the Servant remarked. “You have entered this Holy Grail War as a spy for the opposing faction, and have no interest whatsoever in obtaining the Grail. In fact, you intend to aid one of the other participants in stealing it—ultimately betraying both sides, for the purposes of . . .?”

“Keeping the Grail out of the hands of people who will misuse it and keeping certain people safe,” he said flatly. “That’s all I care about.”

“Even knowing that I can kill you in less than a heartbeat, you admit this to my face, Saber said bluntly. “And even if you must face both factions—if you must make the whole world your enemy—you will not cease in pursuing your goals, will you . . .?”

“I gave her my word,” he replied, “and it’s all I have left.

Good.

Saber’s wasn’t the only Master to react with shock; even Archer lost his scowl in sheer surprise.

“I may have doubts about your competence, Master,” the Servant explained, “but I am wholly satisfied with your resolve; in that, at least, we are much alike. A more proper introduction is called for, I think . . .”

The disguise was banished with but a thought, as she revealed herself in full.

“I wear the guise of the Flame Emperor when necessary,” Saber informed him, “but my true name is Edelgard von Hresvelg—and I look forward to working with you from here on . . .”

That, Frid thought, explains exactly nothing—and why does she sound like MEDEA . . .?!

Writer's Notes: Because to do this properly would've taken a longer time period, in-story . . . But I think it has potential, nonetheless. Work proceeds on the actual chapter (at last!) - hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Oh wow, Tara Platt did do Medea... in the 2006 adaptation english dub. Huh. Not what I would have thought of for canonicity as "why does she sound like Medea", but I'll take it, I guess.

I suppose I should not be surprised that Frid does not recognize characters from Three Houses, considering the timeline. Given what she does... yeah, I think Edelgard would very much be down with screwing the rules and betraying people, as long as you're not craven about it.

Blog Entries
    Oh wow, Tara Platt did do Medea... in the 2006 adaptation english dub. Huh.
    Otherwise known as "my introduction to Fate/Stay Night," yes.

Not what I would have thought of for canonicity as "why does she sound like Medea", but I'll take it, I guess.
    Oh, given the similarities in personalities, it's almost just icing on the cake, I agree; but I do find it hilarious. Both because it triggers that reaction in Frid, and because exposure to her for Rin (or the other Works personnel) is liable to trigger flashbacks . . .

I suppose I should not be surprised that Frid does not recognize characters from Three Houses, considering the timeline.
    And a general disinterest in Fire Emblem until exposure to certain fanfics in the last week or so, yes.

Given what she does... yeah, I think Edelgard would very much be down with screwing the rules and betraying people, as long as you're not craven about it.
    And a general dislike of "Holy Grail Wars" and a subconscious desire to burn down magus society root and branch would definitely add to the compatibility aspect . . .

Regarding Edelgard herself, she's a very fascinating character, I think. Controversial, certainly, but the best ones often are. Really, I think a lot could be done with her; I definitely feel that she wouldn't be out of place in the TYPE-MOON universe, and the Fate side especially. The parallels to various existing characters are interesting . . .

And that's just as herself - given the various guises she assumes, her potential in being summoned in a Servant class is near Arturia-level (I can think of at least three, possibly four).

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This has been a long, long, long time in coming. Enjoy!
    Chapter 66: The Blood Filled Aftermath

Yggdmillennia Castlevania
    Clock Tower's Ruins

Erik's eyes look over the ruins of the clock tower, as he launches himself up with jumps, from ruined gear to ruined gear, using his Strength in full to send himself up higher and higher. Then he pauses, staring at Clarent in Dracula's heart, as the legendary vampire slowly turns into ash.

Again, he runs, as Mordred's armor fades away. “Mordred!”

His shout doesn't leave her paying attention to him. “Damn it, are you okay Mordred?!”

Erik flings himself again, launching himself to the roof of the tower she's on. Then he's there, catching her, as she almost falls off the roof.

A glance down from Erik, before he casually scoops a good chunk of the ashes into a container, before he glances back. “Chiron, can you help me get her down? We've won.”

Chiron looks over the ruins of the castle, before nodding. “We have, it seems, though Mordred seems poor off for her showing... and why take his ashes?”

“They're legendary somehow I would think. I'll be damned if I know how exactly, but they reek of legend in some form...” Erik admits. “Might be good for making some sort of weapon, or armor. Or an upgrade of some form... there's maybe... three uses worth?”

Chiron blinks in surprise, then nods. “Fair. And why use that show of strength now?” Chiron moves over, helping Erik get Mordred to safety, and off the roof.

“Does it look like I'm one for getting into the thick of things, and taking hits when I can build a mech to handle it for me? Seriously, Norse God of Mecha here. I love my machines, and mine are built to handle shit where I can't, won't, or see it as suicide.” Erik shoots back, leaving Chiron laughing.

“Fair enough! Let's get down, and give everyone the good news, shall we?” Chiron admits with a bit of a smile.

Then Erik flinches, as the building starts rumbling. “Aw, shit. Get your Master and his fiancee to safety, it's getting ready to collapse!”

Chiron nods, as Erik flings himself to the castle wall, and starts running down the rapidly cracking building, Mordred in his arms.

It's not a hard landing, though it relatively should be. But he can't spot Chiron behind him, so it's easy to tell that Chiron's safe. Mordred, however... Erik pauses to study his Servant, carefully.

Mordred isn't quite so well off, body parts sometimes flickering into gold dust, then hardening back to normal as Legend wars against her lack of Prana.

Eyeballing his Servant, Erik starts moving forwards, slowly looking up. Then, he pauses to look at the masses of huddled refugees, staring up at him from the town square. Many hold laser rifles, scavenged from the Legion of Coal.

Erik pauses, then grins, as he shouts. “Behold, the one that killed the menace that made the zombie plague! He's passed out at the moment, but we're glad to have saved you all from that!”

Slow, repeated blinking spreads through the crowd, as mute stunned shock ripples through them. Then, almost as one, they cheer.

Erik smiles, feeling the worship flood through Mordred, and thus through him, then breathes out, feeling far more refreshed than normal as he continues forwards, waiting for the cheers to die down.

“Now. With the death of the big guy, the zombie plague should be dealt with. We'll be sending off more of my Legion of Coal, my Mecha, and my allies to verify this, however. Better to be safe than sorry, especially with how that monster pulled all that stuff. So please, stay armed until we can be sure you're completely safe. After that, I'd like to chat with you all for options to deal with the events that have happened here today.”

“Thank you!” Jackie calls out, hugging her son close. “Thank you for saving us!”

Erik smiles and nods. “Of course.” Then he starts scanning the city. His eyes instantly catch the Homunculus from before that he met in the Castle, as well as Gordes slowly approaching. Then, Erik slowly breathes out as he nods towards Gordes' direction.

Then he motions for Gordes to come over, forcing away his feelings of exhaustion, so they move and plan.

“My faction is in ruins, Erik. Can you tell me what happened?” Gordes asks.

“Darnic tried something truly, utterly stupid and nearly made us all pay the price for his hubris...” Erik admits, almost growling those words out. “Fuck. Between this and Jack the Ripper...” Erik sighs softly, looking up to watch the Wolfen start landing more of the Legion of Coal to check the sewers, before looking back over towards Gordes.

“I'll be honest. What do you wish for most, Gordes? Money, wealth? Better Homunculi?” Erik asks, softly.

“I'd wish for none of them to have died, to be completely honest.” Gordes admits, then thinks for a long moment as they walk. “But since that likely wouldn't work, no matter how many nightmares I'll now have about my son being caught up in Darnic's little plague... I'd settle for ensuring I have the power to protect as many as possible. Build better, more refined Homunculi so I could ensure those that follow the family are safe...”

“And yet, that isn't possible anymore, is it? Not with what the Clock Tower will insist on being done to the townspeople surviving the massacre, from what I know of them.” Erik admits, sighing. “I can give them shelter, if necessary. But it's going to be hard work...”

Gordes stills. “You could possibly shelter them?” For a moment, Gordes wipes his sweat off his face, thinking, before nodding resolutely. “You have another base, right. Orbiting Mars.”

Erik nods. “Wolf Home's taken some damage, and there's quite a few descendants of Fenris, as well as some Dwarves and Svartalfar that survived things... but most of the people that survived were scientists. Not the farmers we need to ensure we have a viable ecosystem, and enough air to keep things going. Not with things as they are...”

Gordes thinks carefully, before sighing softly. “I suppose... we could perhaps make a deal?”

“I'm listening.” Erik admits, gently looking over Mordred. She's stopped occasionally turning into Gold sparkles, but it's not obvious to his eyes how long that will last before it starts again.

“Some of my family's experiments with alchemy and homunculi have let us make some rather potent algae for purifying air and water, as well as unique fungi that imbue necessary vitamins, minerals, and other items, into liquids. To the point where we can make liquids hyper oxygenated, and have some slow acting healing effects, much like those bacta tanks from that series my son enjoyed watching last year. It's effective, though rather slower acting, but the price... to be honest, it's rather expensive, even by your standards, but perhaps some of it that my family still has can be repurposed?” Gordes asks, laying his cards on the table.

“Those tubes the homunculi were in then...? Wait, that's where you got the idea from?” Erik trails off, thinking.

“All capable of acting like gestation tanks for new ones, while keeping ones inside alive, well fed, strong and healthy, if with weak muscles. And not exactly, but when he saw them, he insisted on our family's design to be more like that series, so we could see inside safely, and ascertain if the Homunculi were safe or not.” Gordes admits, his arms folded.

“Huh. Damn.” Erik finally admits. “Sorry for breaking all that shit, then. I didn't know it was that effective. To be fair, it's a war, but...”

“Considering the Heart of Winter made it impossible to find the area they were originally built in, it's a moot point, anyways.” Gordes admits.

Erik nods, thinking. “To be honest... your faction's a mess, Gordes. Would you rather your entire faction asks me for sanctuary?”

Gordes goes quiet as they walk together, thinking. “Roche's insight into golems is fascinating, due to his work with Caster. Fiore would be honestly useful, and has been with some of the insights she's given me while I've worked with her in the past...” Gordes trails off, thinking. “I'd have to run it past her, but considering what the Clock Tower will likely do to us if they get their hands on us, for this whole mess? Better you than them.”

Erik nods, thinking for a long moment, adjusting Mordred in his arms as he walks towards the Wolf Wing and Mecha Fafnir Mark 3, Gordes following behind.

“It's doable... Roche and your son could be sent on the first transport to Wolf Home, since we've got rail guns being constructed to send equipment and supplies Wolf Home's way.” Erik admits, leaving Gordes staring at him in surprise and no little shock.

“Oh? Hmm... to send them all the way out to Mars... that would be...” Gordes trails off, nodding. “Could I get a copy of where the locations are, for my Homunculi, in case something happens to you during the war?”

“Yeah. Not a problem. Once we're on the Wolfen, that'll be a good idea, to be honest, for you, Fiore, and Godafrid. On a different note, I think I'm going to poach the population of Trifas, for Wolf Home, since they desperately need numbers back there. We took a lot of damage, and lost a lot of people in the process of getting to Mars. My machines weren't affected, but..” Erik trails off, breathing out.

Gordes blinks, then nods slowly. “Keeps them safe, keeps them able to be checked for any bites, and keeps them from the Clock Tower and Church's kill teams for such an event. Smart move, I admit.”

“That, and I could use the worship.” Erik nods, thinking.

“Do tell?” Gordes tilts his head to look at Erik more closely.

“...To be honest? Before we had the clusterfuck happen involving the titans, we had quite a few more followers than we do now. Now, we have a mere 230 that give us worship instead of the thousands before. Enough for our skills to work, perhaps... but not enough for the regeneration of Legend to work fast.” Erik admits, quietly, to a startled Gordes.

“And so your own divine might has to be rationed...” Gordes mutters. “To be fair, if I wasn't stuck down shit creek without a paddle, I'd be tempted to use that against you.” He admits, more loudly.

“You forget the nuclear weapons.” Erik shoots back.

“Ah. Touche. A good point. I'd almost suppressed that horrifying thought completely...” Gordes admits, with a grumble, before he pauses. “On a different note, I noticed the castle had laser rifles built on it. And yet, nothing seemed to fire at your equipment...”

“Would you trust an enemy and sell them weapons that can hurt you, without equipment to make sure it won't shoot at your own stuff?” Erik smirks at the gobsmacked look on Gordes face, before continuing. “I'm an arms dealer on occasion. I know better than to sell weapons that can shoot at me and mine. Norse God of Paranoia, remember?”

“You say that, but I only see signs of overkill, and perhaps cunning...” Gordes mutters.

“Eh, you'll see it if I ever show you my tricks properly. Considering the rest of my pantheon, and how most of their worshipers tend to think I should be a beer drinking jock who loves to party and fight, more than building stuff, though... there's side effects. Like me having a hard time being subtle for example. My bloodline very much calls for me to be overt as possible, as showy as possible, and considering I manage to hide my Wolfen and legions... I think I'm doing a pretty good job of being paranoid, considering the stupidity my pantheon tends to show.” Erik shoots back, calmly.

“...Ah. So while your worshipers see you as a cunning inventor who tends to be paranoid... the others still influenced you heavily?” At Gordes words, Erik simply nods before replying. “Considering I had Wolf Home hidden as a fleeing point, as well as preparations to drop it like an asteroid on Asgard if things went to hell? I know I've grown less paranoid in some ways, but I've developed some pretty horrific tricks to ensure that those who try to fuck with me have a bad time.

With those words, they arrive at the Wolf Wing, as EMIYA walks towards them.

“All those Dead? They're cleared out, Erik. And, when I had time, I managed to finish the work on those sunglasses. All you have to do is carve the stuff in that I've drawn up, and you're good to go.” EMIYA admits, offering the sunglasses along with a notepad to Erik.

Erik nods, rubbing his tired eyes. “Thanks. Now to work on an insignia ring for Mordred, to show she's the ruler of Wolf Home, and then...” Erik pauses, and glances over at Clarent in a tired looking Mordred's arms, his mind jolting to quiet silence.

“Hold that thought... Mordred, mind if I borrow Clarent for a moment?” In response, Clarent's pommel smacks Erik's hand, as Mordred continues resting against him.

“Could you tell me what was used to give this the properties of amplification?” Erik asks, studying it.

EMIYA frowns, putting one hand on Clarent as he focuses. “Trace on.” He murmurs, as he focuses, tracing through every part of it's forging... then blinks. “Aside from being smelted from a meteorite, and all the gasses slowly purged through forging... it was tempered with Lion's blood, Unicorn blood of all things, several minerals that look to be native to the fae that Merlin put in, and a small bit of Dragon's blood, willingly donated. Looks like the Dragon's blood was at least part of the source of amplification for it. Or perhaps a certain dragon...?”

“I should have a tiny bit still in me, that you can use to verify it, after I bathed in the stuff. Alternatively, Siegfried would have plenty more...” Erik admits, thinking.

“Fine, I'll check you first, Erik.” EMIYA grumbles, as he pats Erik on the arm, then focuses once more.

“Similar enough, at least, though yours feels like it's been weakened lately, to the point where there's only a few drops left. Not gone, but if you were at half dragon, half god, as a result before, now you're at a small percentile... and it drew from a lot of sources around you to reinforce that bloodline rather than let itself be extinguished entirely. Pretty sure it would have bad reactions to what's in Mordred's bloodline, though.” EMIYA admits. “Anything else?”

“Anything special done to the dragon's blood Clarent was in?” Erik muses, his mind slowly racing over possibilities.

“It was heated in the forge the blade was in, and starting to boil along with the other blood and minerals, until the minerals were absorbed by the blood...” EMIYA pauses his speach, blinking, then continues. “And if I saw things right, the blade absorbed the concoction of blood in its entirety, while being tempered, with one single temper.”

“You're thinking about using it for something, hmm? Just to warn you, if you use it, you're likely to sacrifice most of your ability to produce it for a long time to come, Erik.” EMIYA admits, then continues once more. “It doesn't feel like your body's producing more, now. And keep in mind the issues with Mordred's blood that will likely happen.”

Erik stills for one moment, then nods. “Good to know... and a price that should be able to be paid, as well.”

“It's your body, Erik. Just remember that that blood is helping stabilize you right now.” EMIYA admits, then walks off, muttering to himself as he leaves. “Now, where did my tsundere of a Master go off to...?”

Trifas
    By Mecha Fafnir Mk3

Erik looks up, studying at the crowd near his Wolf Wing, and the Mecha Fafnir Mk3, silently. “Now for the speech...” Erik mutters, as he walks forwards, to the crowd.

In the distance, Erik can see the Wolfen slowly landing, before he turns to look at the people around them.

“Sorry if you can't all understand me. I'll have the translation systems on my hoverpod working in a moment!” With those words, he steps into the Wolf Wing, then taps buttons. After a moment, he nods, and starts talking through the speakers.

“First off, to all of you. I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. Couldn't save you sooner. My machines, my Legion of Coal all went to save you as quick as they could, once they saw something was wrong. But I'm sorry I couldn't save more of you.” Erik looks over the wide eyed crowd, realizing they're hearing it in the tongue of the country they're in.

“Let's be honest here. Your lives have changed. You have dead people to mourn. Families. Friends. Things aren't going to get easier quite yet, I'm sorry to say, either. For we have a difficult situation on our hands.” Erik continues, watching the crowd pay more attention as he continues.

“This... was a clusterfuck. Unfortunately, the local powers that were set up to fight against scenarios such as this one are currently in a civil war against each other. And there's no better way to say this. If it gets out that this happened to the rival organization? They're going to execute you all for having seen this.” Erik breathes out, rubbing his forehead, before looking up at the pale faces.

“There's no hiding this, not really. But that doesn't mean you can't be saved. My Legion of Coal saved you, as well as my mechs. Would you trust me to save you again? The road will be hard. It won't be easy, it won't be pleasant. You'd have to do a lot of manual labor, to help things out.” Erik glances over the attentive crowd, studying them all, then continues.

“I have a space station, currently on one of the moons of Mars. The environmental systems are damaged, several reactors are out of commission for now, and the 230 people on board could use help from farmers, and shopkeepers. Townsfolk that know how to live off the land like you all do.” Wide eyed, stunned silence from the crowd greets Erik's words.

“My Legion of Coal is setting up launch systems, to channel desperately needed supplies off-world, to the moon, then to Mars' orbit. Make no mistake about the ride. It will be cramped. It will be uncomfortable. But there, you'll be out of the range of the monsters that would see the city purged for having survived.” Erik nods to them all. “And there, I hope you'll all live out your lives in safety. Because this is a clusterfuck that has no survivors out of any of you if any word of this gets out. Zombies? In reality? The organizations that govern this sort of thing won't let you speak of it, by ensuring your deaths. So please. Let me save you all.”

Jackie slowly walks forwards, silently crying as she hugs her son David in her arms. “Is it true? Will they really...?”

“To keep others from exposed to the shit that spawned this?” Erik sighs, softly. “Yeah. They would, I'm afraid.” Erik walks forwards, looking at David smiling up at him.

“Like Eggman!” Erik smiles softly.

“A bit like him, I suppose. This outfit I wear is more to let me have a better link to my equipment, though.” Erik kneels, to look David in the eye. “I'm Erik Ulricson. What's your name?”

“David!” The little boy's smile leaves Erik smiling, too.

“Tell you what, David. Would you like my autograph?” David's smile is blinding, as Erik turns around, grabbing a notepad and a pen, then signs a small note to David.

“Engineers like Eggman rock! Erik Ulricson, Norse God of Mecha”

With those words written, Erik hands the sheet of paper to David, smiling. “Be good for your mom, okay? It's going to be boring for a while, but my Legion of Coal will get you all to a safe place, where you can see more neat robots that I've built, and other wonders, too!”

David smiles, and nods, before cuddling tight with his mother.

Jackie smiles softly down at her son, before looking at Erik. “Ah... these laser rifles... should we give them back to you?”

“Keep them, so you can feel safe while getting to Wolf Home. It's a trip, and we still need to deal with one of the factions involved with this mess... one that stole something important the other night from here, and made off with it. It's why this happened in the first place. A lunatic looked over the mess, and if they could win, decided to make a zombie army to counter it if they were assaulted again, and...” Erik trails off, pointedly.

Jackie simply shakes with terrified eyes. “And the Lunatic?”

Erik gently rubs Mordred's shoulder. “This hero here saved you all by being brave, and killing the lunatic with a sword which set off certain safeguards to counter the zombies, as well as destroy the plague infested castle.”

Jackie smiles widely. “And the name of our hero?”

“Mordred Pendragon.” Erik admits, while getting up and walking over towards the Wolfen, before pausing, and turning back to face Jackie. “Yes. THAT Mordred Pendragon, of Camelot fame. Things are a lot more involved then I want to go into detail about, and if you need to know, you can call me from my Wolf Home space station once you're all safe.”

As Jackie watches her new personal hero, Erik, walk towards the massive battleship above, she slowly looks down at her son. Then she looks quietly at the shape of the massive dragon hauling a car, and the hoverpod as it stomps off after Erik.

“Mordred Pendragon? The illegitimate son of King ARTHUR?!” Jackie slowly covers her son's ears. “HOW THE FUCK IS MORDRED PENDRAGON ALIVE, MUCH LESS INVOLVED?!”

David looks up at his mother, and blinks at her innocently. “Mommy? What does fuck mean?”

“Oh god damn it, I didn't mean for you to hear that.” Jackie grumbles, hugging her son.

“What's 'god damn it' mean, too?” David asks, still curious.

“Bad words I shouldn't say?” Jackie says, half heartedly.

“You need to wash your mouth out with soap, like you do mine when I say something mean!” David shouts.

“...God damn it.” Jackie mutters.

“See?! There you go again!” David says, pouting at his mother. “Don't say bad things, mom!”

The Wolfen
    10 minutes later

Erik strides in the Wolfen, muttering under his breath as he does so. “The traces of dragon's blood I have likely won't work for her, even if it will for me... but the question is, of the other ingredients... how the hell would I get Faerie made materials...?”

“Mister Erik...?” A quiet Olga Marie Animusphere walks up, hair fresh from a shower, with eyes still read from tears. “Is there anything I can do to help...? I got the food up okay, but... can I do anything?”

Erik pauses as his eyes look over Olga's eyes, and her haggard appearance, before he kneels, and pulls her in for a gentle hug.

“The Dead are wiped out, Olga. Mordred might be bad off from fighting that enemy foe, but...” Erik trails off, thinking, then sighs. “I'll get them all to safety, so they can recover in peace, okay?”

Olga quietly nods, as Fou jumps into her arms, before she frowns. “I still want to help... is there anything I can do, or Mash can do to help you?”

For one long moment, Erik pauses, as a thought goes through his mind, then nods. “Actually... maybe you can help...”

“Really?! Please let me help!” Olga shouts, delighted on her face. “I want to be a proper leader of my family, a proper noble lady! Please, let me help however I can... I want... no, I need to learn how to help others to better them, rather than just my family.”

“Can you ask Sapphire to make us immune to scrying for a bit? Especially the dimensional type?” Erik muses. “And where's Mash?”

“I'm here, just guarding the Director for now, Erik. She took things... badly.” Mash admits, her eyes shadowed. “I don't like it when I have to see people die like that, either...”

“Sapphire, please hide us from scrying, and dimensional scrying.” Olga asks, studying Erik carefully. “What can we help you with?”

Erik glances over at Kaleidostick Sapphire now glowing slightly, before nodding. “Well... the only thing I can think of to help Mordred is a prana conversion device, that will turn other energies into prana for her. A miniaturized Holy Grail, if you will, one that might augment her in other ways, as well. Thing is, though... I don't have all the components to really make it click and work for her properly. However, if what I know is correct... doesn't Merlin run some sort of Magical Mari website, Mash? I would think that he'd have the components. More than that, I'm sure Fou would gladly get revenge on him for kicking him out years ago...”

“Foukuku!” Fou's grinning laughter echoes in the hallway.

“So, here's my plan. We need magical stuff that'll help out Mordred to be able to tank what Shirou and his Servant can pull off, and give her the power she needs to survive everything that might hit her. Considering how damned worried she was about Semiramis the last time we confronted her...” Erik trails off, frowning. “Poison engulfing the entire throne room is utterly terrifying, no matter how you want to put it. And if she can use Hydra Venom, it's practically a death sentence.” A flinch from Mash echoes Erik's words, even as Olga blinks, tilting her head.

“That bad, then?” Olga asks, quietly.

“It makes immortals crave death. Even if we have a remedy on board, I'm not sure how many uses we have left, either...” Erik admits, with a sigh.

Olga simply nods, even if she doesn't entirely understand.

“Where was I... right. Mash? What's the url for the Magi Mari website? With that, we'll be able to ensure Merlin's a little too confused to counter us at first, and gives us a line of communications to him. After that, we'll drop Fou on him, riding one of the Metal Gear Rex Production Line units to let Fou have a bit of revenge, and convince him to give us the materials we need for this...”

Fou's laughter stops, as the fluffy little creature's grin widens to show every tooth in its mouth. Olga quizzically looks at Fou, then happily pets Fou more, ignoring Fou's grinning to simply enjoy snuggles and warmth.

“As for you, Olga... we'll need you to move Fou over there, so he can have a bit of revenge, give the message over, and then bring the materials back. Would you prefer to be with me for it, or with my wife and having tea?” Erik asks, grinning.

“Tea would be wonderful, I think.” Olga admits. “Tea and... maybe something to eat, if I can keep it down...”

“I'm sorry for asking so much of you, Olga.” Erik sighs, and hugs her gently again. “I'm sorry you had to see war at such a young age. But you'll learn, and grow, and grow out of the trauma you've seen this day. You'll remember the nobility of those that fought to save everyone, and work to be as noble yourself, so you can tell your people, and your eventual children, that you fought. You fought, you strove to do the right thing, to save all that you could.”

Olga's eyes widen, before she clings to Erik, tears dripping down her face. Gently, Erik picks her up, rocking her softly in his arms as he does so.

After a few minutes of crying her heart out, Olga looks up at Erik. “Thank you... but um... Mister Erik? Why are you talking about revenge when you talk about Merlin and Fou, Erik? Wasn't he a nice Wizard?”

Erik glances at Fou, then at Mash. “Imagine... you had a home. It's kinda lonely, being with someone else. But you had all the things you could eat, all the water and drinks you could drink, and it was comfortable. Then someone kicked you out to hunt every meal you had, without warning. No questions asked, no understandable reasons given. That's what Merlin did to Fou, once upon a time.”

Olga pauses, and looks at Fou.

Fou nods at Olga.

Olga then looks at Mash.

Mash quietly nods, looking down.

“Well, since Fou is linked to my Servant, and Merlin did that to Fou, I can't let this injustice stand, can I? Poor Fou must have been cold for so very long! Poor Fou!” With those words, Olga hugs Fou tightly, rocking him in her arms, as Fou snuggles in.

“Add in how many winters Fou had to spend likely cold, because Merlin kicked him out?” Erik helpfully adds, leaving Olga hugging Fou tighter. “Or how many times Fou likely went hungry until he got used to hunting again?”

Olga looks up, trauma mostly ignored, as flames of feminine rage almost roar in Olga's eyes. “HIS PUNISHMENT HAS COME!

Erik grins, as Mash hesitantly cheers, and Fou simply cackles. “Foukuku!”

10 minutes later
    Avalon

Merlin frowns within his tower, as he works on the prototype Magical Mari website. His alternates all bragged about how much of a fool Romani Archaman was, and how gullible he was, so he was honestly rather eager to see how many would actually fall for his website catering to idiots of the highest degree.

“Now if only this code would work properly...” Merlin admits with a grumble.

He frowns, as the website, and all his work, suddenly goes dark. “Hmm? A service outage, again? Well, perhaps I'll deal with it later, after some food. This has been exhausting to figure out how to make this properly work and troll others for me...”

Then Merlin frowns, as the computer starts showing green text.

“The first...” Merlin tilts his head, blinking. “The first victim of the Norse God of Innovation and Mecha, collaborating with a Magical Girl empowered by the Wielder of the Kaleidoscope, says 'What'? What's that supposed to even mean?!”

Merlin pauses, then frowns, before flinching. “WAIT A MOMENT!

“FOUKUKU!”

And then Fou was set upon Merlin. While sitting on the head of a Metal Gear Rex Production Unit.

OH GOD, THIS HURTS SO MUCH! STOP IT, CATH PALUG! STOP, I SAY! NO, THAT'S NOT MEANT TO STOMP ON MEEEEEEE! OH THE PAIN, I CAN FEEL PAIN BEYOND ANY MEASURE! WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP AT JUST CLAWING MY FACE?!

10 minutes of the most painful torment suffered by Merlin in the history of every Merlin to exist later... (And 10 minutes of the most joy Fou has ever found himself feeling...)

Merlin, battered, bruised, and repeatedly ran into the ground while being chased by a mech sits, and stares at a smug Fou, and the massive machine Fou is sitting on.

“Now that my undue suffering from Fou is over with, perhaps you could explain why you're doing this?” Merlin asks, then blinks to see the mouth opening for the mech in front of him, showing a TV with Erik on the other side.

“Yup!” Erik smirks. “So, you have materials I want, and we'll have some hilarious scenes for you to watch later, if you'll deal with us properly. Of course, if you don't, then you'll get all those hilarious scenes rerouted to you as the victim, much to your suffering, instead...” Erik trails off, grinning.

Merlin simply frowns at the camera and the television in front of him, making a 'get on with it' gesture as he pulls himself into a comfortable chair.

Erik nods, and continues. “See. We know where your website will be at. Every version. In every universe.”

Merlin looks at Erik, with irritation in his eyes. “And? What of it?”

“See, we can let you watch all the other versions of yourself suffer, as we give out the website to all the versions of Arturia and Mordred out there, with Zelretch hooking you up, nicely, in return for those materials! Or we can all relay those chats to you. With methods to get to them, redirected to you.” Erik's smile widens. “I know Zelretch, and I'm sure he has a method to watch through the Kaleidosticks he makes. He'll back me up with this for all the versions he knows”

Merlin stills. “So, I can watch them all suffer from surprise blows from Excalibur, and Clarent, or I can suffer them instead? I suppose that's honestly a fairer bargain, but what stops me from screwing you over?”

“Mordred in my personal war beast trying to murder you with it, being the alternative if you don't play nice?” Erik's grin turns bloodthirsty.

Merlin winces, then slowly starts to rub his forehead. “And how much stronger is it, than this one?”

“I mean... 3 times the strength, a radiation shield that will dissolve anything it touches... enough missile launchers to make a God run away screaming in terror...” Erik mumbles, as Merlin goes more and more pale. “Considering I nearly killed Jack the Ripper with the Radiant Wave Surger shield, and she screamed REAL GOOD before she managed to get away? More, I countered Semiramis' little Sphere of Poison Noble Phantasm, too?”

“Ah. Deal. Just keep her and it away from me, please.” Merlin stares at Fou, quietly, then at the TV screen within the machine's mouth.

“Keep in mind, my teacher was Wayland Smith. He forged Gram. I can tell if you're trying to fuck with me via materials, okay?” Erik folds his arms, somewhat triumphantly.

Merlin slowly starts working, gathering materials from the tower, and keeping one eye on the tv screen, and Fou's smug smile.

“May I ask a question about your machine, Erik? The strikes are more... potent than they should be. Did you make them all into some form of mystic code, perhaps? Or were they based on something else?” Merlin asks, obviously trying to figure things out.

“Hmm... not mystic code, as far as I can tell... but as for something else? Not based on, but the original Mark 1 was built using Pykrete, and the remains of the Talos that we'd destroyed, made by Hephaestus. I purposely limit the models like the one you've dealt with, to work more as fire support, since the Legion of Coal aren't nearly as upgraded as I wish I could modify them to be, and thus tend to have issues with aiming individually. They work far better in units, and legions, but...” Erik trails off.

“The Talos, you say...? Not a Noble Phantasm there perhaps, but here it definitely counts...” Merlin winces. “And if that was limited... fine. Fine, damn you. I'll play this fair.”

As he works, he grumbles under his breath “Damned cheating Gods...

“Would you happen to have access to Mordred's mother, by any chance? Or exactly why Mordred identifies as male, even though Mordred's gender is...” Erik trails off, folding his arms.

“Morgan is still watching over Arturia's half dead body. Healing has been going slow for generations, but she's only finally been healed up enough to not need constant around the clock healing from her and myself to counter the internal damage of an amplified curse from Clarent.” Merlin admits, frowning. “Whatever she put on the sword, it worked far worse than even she planned for.”

“And as for Mordred... I may have fucked with her gender quite a few times as 'he' grew up.” Merlin admits. “Mostly because he asked to be more like his father.”

“Any books of Morgan's that you might be able to let Mordred have?” Erik grins. “Fey runecraft and all that...”

Merlin pauses in his work, rubbing his chin. “I'd likely suffer for it, but yes, there are a few books... but what's in it for me?”

“My sending another production unit Metal Gear Rex next, for you to chase Morgan around in, perhaps? Along with an instruction manual, of course...” Erik grins.

DEAL!” The shout from Merlin leaves Erik grinning.

“Well bargained and done for, then.” Erik glances to the side. “Olga, think we can get that done after we pull Fou back?”

“Yup! Sapphire and I don't really haven't problems with something this simple, Mister Erik!” Olga states, then yawns. “I'm glad I got to help Fou...”

Author's Notes:

Erik... rolled stupidly well for what he's started developing.
    66 successes for Mordred's signet ring, so three unique features.
    83 successes for the other item he's been designing, so four... to begin with. Then I realized it didn't account for an attempt at power armor, which means that upgrades with THAT will result in more successes, and it kind of spiraled out of control. Then I had to cover most options for upgrades, rather than just “Gee, it's an iron man suit” so it wouldn't be effectively a knockoff iron man armor. Designing it took about 15 days alone spread out over a month, so it wouldn't be just “All the bullshit! YAY!”. Ugh.

It took me a while to figure out how to handle how Clarent gained the ability to amplify things. How it would have gained the source of its abilities.

Then I remembered the Boosted Gear from Highschool DXD, as well as the fact that there were supposed to be two fighting dragons buried somewhere in England, back in that time. And Arturia got her Dragon Core from somewhere... and yet, Kieran pointed out that blood given unwillingly from the Great Welsh? Not exactly good. So it would have to have been unwillingly, or from a dragon that was killed by the English, which has all sorts of other interesting implications... and left me banging my head against a wall for a bit.

Especially accounting for the sword being a holy blade rather than just a sword of amplification. Thus, my workload increased. Heavily. Kieran suggested the blood of Lions and Unicorns as being more likely than dragons.

Resulting in the idea that dragon blood adds “amplification” as a possibility. And while Erik is a God and doesn't really notice it, most mortals would notice it indeed.

Look at the side effects it gives to Siegfried and Sigurd!

Then I went over crafting rolls, realized what sort of price Erik would have to pay to ensure the items got forged properly... and decided on something a little different for you all.

Pick three attributes for Mordred's ring, and suggest four for Erik's armor. Keep in mind that the attributes can and will stack.

Furthermore, Erik has a limit of 8 multitasking options at once that he can do. Period. So the more options taken for one item or another, the less will be there for the other item. This is why it's separated into sections, and upgrades, so you can see the evolution path possible for this, and how it can work to upgrade stuff in unique ways. Scylla has extra, but he's limited to 9 right now, and he has projects of his own to do. Tamamo is capable of two, if barely right now, while Fenris is capable of 5, but is rather unskilled with engineering, so he's likely to not be as much help. That doesn't mean he can't learn, however... and that could have rather interesting side effects if you choose that route.

Mordred's Signet Ring:
    A holy grail in miniature, this signet ring produces somewhat more than the bare minimum of prana for Mordred to exist, if barely. Perhaps not enough for her to grow truly strong over, but enough to ensure she sticks around for the journey with Erik.

Optional Attributes:
    Prototype Cosmoreactor Tap (Amplified) (1 Cost):
    Fixing the power draw issues through linking the prototype Cosmoreactor to Mordred, then amplifying the gains, will let her have a steady draw of power from it. May stress the Cosmoreactor prototype, however... and considering it's still a prototype, it could have issues grow over time due to this. (Not bad if you want to have this be the only thing tapping into it, on top of Erik's tech. If you go for other stuff for Erik's new toy for himself, however, things could get bad, fast.)
    1 Reactor Tap

Faith Tap (Amplified) (1 Cost)
    Mordred's new nation now believes in her! This amplifies the faith, and converts it into a small store of legend and prana for her use. Of course, if they ever get out of range for one reason or another, this might be cut off, but even still, it'll double as a battery for both.
    Armor Amplification (1 Cost)
    That armor she's wearing? Yeah, it's twice as strong now.

Prana/Legend Attack (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    One strike can have the prana or legend being poured into it, amplified by double, at double the exhaustion and side effects of the strike, afterwards.
    (Clarent Blood Arthur could reach the same heights she achieved in chapter 64! Albeit for double the side effects as normal. Boy, the pain she'll be suffering from will suck...)

Strength (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Doubled Strength for attacks, in return for doubling the rate of exhaustion.

Healing (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Regeneration is a thing. This makes it happen faster.
    - Regeneration (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Amplify the healing to something closer to Wolverine style regeneration, but the prana costs double as a result.

Boosting (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Think like the Boosted Gear from Highschool DxD. Mordred can use this to boost an attribute by the ranks she has in stamina.
    - Juggernaut Driver (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    The fullest potential brought out, but at a terrible cost to Mordred as a result.
    Heavy damage to one's self for nearly guaranteed wins.

Kinetic Storage (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Stores kinetic energy during fights or exercise, lets her release it if the fight drags on, for nearly instant combo attacks. Won't last too long after a fight, due to the strain on the artifact for holding that sort of power in for long periods, but for a few minutes it'll stick around. Exercise, on the other hand, as long as she keeps moving, it'll stick around.
    Think of a knockoff Xenogears style Death Blow system, and you'll get it.
    - Kinetic Storage Boosting (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Take Kinetic Storage. Ensure the signet ring can hold the charge long term. Now turn it into amplification much like boosting, at the cost of the store of energy.

Basic User Manual (Engineering, Relic Analysis) (0 Cost)
    A computer system that's plugged into the signet ring, which works to slowly figure out abilities of the additions, as well as how to use them. Works slowly over story arcs.
    - Upgraded User Manual (Engineering, Relic Analysis) (0/1 Cost)
    Scylla can take time to figure out how to upgrade this, to work over several chapters rather than entire story arcs. 5 chapters per story, rather than 1 story arc (like Fate Anarchy in its entirety has been).
    No. You're not getting a third one for now. Even this much is almost too much.

Invincible (Unique) (2 Cost)
    Courtesy of bathing in Dragon's Blood, Erik could at one point, take a hit for a chunk of legend, and shrug off the damage permanently.
    This will give Mordred the same ability, at a hefty cost of power for it, seeing as she never bathed in the blood of a dragon.
    May have side effects long term...

Avalon Tap...? (Amplified) (2 Cost)
    Normally not possible, but Erik's worked on a Kaleidostick just enough that he might be able to fudge it, and give her a permanent tap to Avalon. And the Reverse Side of the World, as well as all the prana there. Maybe.
    Heavy risks, heavy rewards.
    May have side effects and prices to be paid.
    Morgan might be able to fuck with Mordred...?

Gone, Gone is the form of Man, Now Comes the Dragon (Unique) (Dragon) (3 Cost)
    Yeah... Mordred can turn into a dragon now. But the cost, and side effects will be huge. (Not to mention her appetite, to fuel the transformation!)

Replica Dragon Core (Dragon) (3 Cost)
    You remember that little attribute of her father's? She gets it now, too, at a heavy sacrifice to Erik's own abilities for a while to come, due to the legend drain cost as a result.
    All Stats up!

Shin (Dragon) (3 Cost)
    You know those secret techniques that most people don't speak of? This is one that dragons on the astral plane have, and occasionally teach those that are worthy. 1000 times faster energy flow within the body, at the cost of being permanently pissed off when using it. Not stronger. FASTER. This is not a knockoff of the Kaio Ken. This is not the penultimate in buffing skills. This allows you to use techniques effectively instantly. Effects of techniques instantly. To yourself, or from your body.
    Period. In other words, cooldowns are shortened by 1000 times. So if it's 24 hours? Divide it by 1000.
    Rough on prana generation, but makes for one hell of a tag team method with other skills... ESPECIALLY kinetic storage brought to its limits...

There are 3 relic dots that can be converted into attributes for this ring.
    2 dots are going towards a legend battery within it. Another 1 to adjust the legend battery to also store prana. And 4 towards a weak, knockoff holy grail that generates enough power for Mordred to survive each day.

Erik's Armor:
    Some smiths talk about only being able to forge one single truly great thing in their lives. Others speak of hundreds of wonders that they've forged.

Where Mordred is more attuned to certain abilities, however, Erik is not. And thus far more prices have to be paid for abilities that come to Mordred far more easily...

This is Erik's Magnum Opus of defensive attributes, and may be the greatest thing he's made to date... at the cost of him sacrificing the dragon blood he gained from Fafnir pretty much completely from his body.
    The already faint traces will be so faint as to be pretty much useless.
    This may come in any shape suggested by readers, though Erik may alter it if there's not enough votes.

Boosting (Amplification) (1 Cost):
    1 select ability can be amplified, per points of stamina Erik has. (And since he has a good chunk, enhanced by Epic Stamina as well, according to the number of automatic successes Epic Stamina gives...) Catch is, he has to figure out how to use it.
    - Enh*nced Bo*st*ng (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    You know how it was one select ability before? Take that and change it to ability or equipment. When Erik figures out how to turn it on. If he ever does. Could affect concepts, like space, time and distance, with heavy training. (In other words, it's going to take time, training, and a lot of effort.)
    This ability will have side effects, and be less stable, considering Erik killed and bathed in the blood of Fafnir, not the Welsh Red dragon.
    - - Co*ce*t B**s*i*g (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Third in the Boosting setup (and possibly the most broken you're getting), this allows Erik to possibly boost something more esoteric than normal... at a much heftier cost to him. Exhaustion will be rampant with this one, but if he figures out how to weaponize it...
    Very unstable upgrade.
    Not exactly a perfect match for Erik, considering he slew a different dragon than one compatible with this...
    (Utter goddamned bullshit in a can, if Erik can figure out how to make it work.)
    - - - J**ge**a*t *r*v*r (Amplification) (2 Cost)
    Almost penultimate bullshit in a can. But at what cost...?

Kinetic Storage (Amplification) (1 Cost):
    A poor man's Deathblow system, much like out of Xenogears. Great if he ever figures out combos, or special techniques that don't rely on legend. Could honestly be devastating with the Boosting ability, as well... once he figures out how to use it. If he ever does.
    Stores kinetic energy during fights, lets him release it if the fight drags on, for nearly instant combo attacks. Won't last too long after a fight, due to the strain on the artifact for holding that sort of power in for long periods.
    Also gives him a poor man's replica of the Speed Booster, straight out of the Metroid franchise.
    - Deep*ned Ki*etic Sto**ge (Amplification) (1 Cost):
    Kinetic Storage lasts between fights now, rather than fading away over time. Half the original capacity is stored between fights, but leaves Erik with a guaranteed boot to the head for anyone he wants to beat down.
    Less Stable, due to Fafnir's blood.
    - - K*ne*ic St*rage C*re (Amplification) (1 Cost):
    Storage? I've got all the storage I could want! Forever!
    (If he can keep moving while attacking, he can theoretically attack forever, instantly... if Erik can hit them. IF. Otherwise he's fucked.)
    Much less stable, due to Fafnir's blood.
    - - -K**e*ic *to*ra*e *oo*t*n* (Amplification) (2 Cost)
    Use the Kinetic Storage to amplify things by choice, much like Boosting, if working on entirely different principles...

Limit Breaks? (Amplification) (1 Cost):
    Choose a skill of Erik's, from now or in the future. Give it to him for when the chips are down, and the Prototype Cosmoreactor is willing to stop being a pain, and help him use it. Guaranteed use, in return for 1 willpower point or exhaustion.
    - Summons (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Anything mecha sized or smaller that he's made in the past, can be summoned out of history, for a single scene. Also works with beings he's contracted with in the past.
    - - Enhanced Summons (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Yeah, that size limit is gone now, as well as the number. (Though the Wolfen being summoned would strain the Cosmoreactor considerably, if you wanted to summon it out of the blue for a round of attacks, it's still doable... so's summoning every mech Erik's made, for an Avengers like scene. Or every battleship Erik's ever made...)
    - - -Stupidly Potent Summons (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Change that last description to add the Wolf Home, as well as Servants Erik may have ever contracted with. For good or ill, for better or for worse.

Shin (Dragon) (3 cost)
    You know those secret techniques that most people don't speak of? This is one that dragons on the astral plane have, and occasionally teach those that are worthy. 1000 times faster energy flow within the body, at the cost of being permanently pissed off when using it. Not stronger. FASTER. This is not a knockoff of the Kaio Ken. This is not the penultimate in buffing skills. This allows you to use techniques effectively instantly. Effects of techniques instantly. To yourself, or from your body.
    Period. In other words, cooldowns are shortened by 1000 times. So if it's 24 hours? Divide it by 1000.

Armor Durability (Amplification) (1 Cost)

Dragons in Scion get double bashing and lethal damage soaks. Now, so does this.
    - Durability Enhancement (Amplification) (1 Cost)

Yeah... durability is enhanced again. Double HP and all soaks.

- - Regenerating Durability (1 Cost)

Self Repairing systems, and heals the wearer too!

Power Armor (Amplification (1 cost)

You know how Erik never figured out power armor before? He just figured out a bare bones basic version. Gives the power armor hp, basic electronics on top of the armor soak it already has. Add more engineering rolls, and if the engineering, hydraulics, artificial muscles, etc. adds enough, then for every 20 points, another attribute is added to this. Slight strain to the Prototype Cosmoreactor to power it.

24D10E8 => 12 | 10s: 5 (raises the total roll to 100. Add another trait if you're willing to use two traits on Power Armor, making it 4/5 instead of 3/3 for costs.)

1 Reactor Tap

- Enhanced Power Armor

If it wasn't good enough before...

Enhanced durability, enhanced soak, and Fenris decided to chip in a bit to help out with crafting this, by donating some of his fur. Then the Scylla added in some other stuff that was part of his armor shell. And then Tamamo weaved comfortable padding, and the Legion of Coal...

Yeah. Pretty much everyone jumps on the bandwagon to help with the armor, upgrading it further. Components are raised to an entirely new level with this, adding extra hardness, durability, soak levels, health, etc. Because Fenris' fur alone is utter bullshit.

Adds another whopping two points to costs, raising it to 5/7, due to Tamamo, Scylla and Fenris chipping in and helping build this.

- - Legendary Power Armor (Amplification) (Unique) (Oh God, why did I even think of this?!) (1 Cost)

Taking things one step further, Erik manages to get Merlin to help out with the design. Then bribes Merlin to get some fairy runes drawn up, so he can add them to the utter goddamned bullshit that this has become.

This thing's gone to the point where Tony Stark, Master Chief, Samus Aran, and the Doom Slayer would be wanting him to help them with their armor.

5 times hp, 3 times soak. Multiplied on top of everything before it.

Relic Integration (Engineering/Amplification) (1 Cost)
    It is possible to integrate one or more pre-existing relics into this armor. However, it's not exactly subtle. Erik's mirrors could be used to let him contact Tamamo at any time. The sunglasses could be turned into a Head's Up Display/Scan Visor system for legendary equipment, much like Samus Aran's own armor in the Metroid Prime games. Raika could be turned into an effective arm mounted blade for melee fighting, much like the Doom Slayer's arm mounted blade in Doom Eternal. His Laser Rifle could become an arm mounted cannon, much like Samus Aran's own. Inevitable, his gas powered crossbow, could be used for cloaked firing.

But the bonuses won't exactly stack up like they do now. This will be stripping the Relic of most of its divine power, to ensure that Erik's new armor has various systems, sub systems, etc. for this.

Cloaking (0 Cost)
    Yeah, Erik's mastered this, already. Predator style cloaking, for when the Predator's not moving. Bigger the thing cloaked, the easier it is for no one to notice. Cannot fire while cloaked, except with specially made rounds.
    - Enhanced Cloaking (0/1 Cost)
    As it is, the enhanced cloak that Amaterasu has helped Tamamo work out, is barely functional. 15 minute time limit for this super strong cloak. This CAN be enhanced to safeguard Erik while wearing this, long term, but there's a price to be paid. 1 reactor tap. Needs Scylla's help to be built.
    - - Cloaked Firing (0/1 Cost)
    The Holy Grail of Erik's work, Cloaked Firing is not impossible, but only works with specially made rounds. Making a unique system to fix this for this power armor will be a one off that Erik's not going to be able to fix anytime soon. Will definitely, DEFINITELY need Scylla's help for the system. But the rounds are easily made, so does it really need 1 cost for this?
    - Altered Cloaking (1 Cost)
    Hides the Armor, not the person within, at will. Good for walking through normal streets, without a care, and providing an alibi.

Weapon Systems
    Augmented Systems (Amplification) (1 Cost)
    Yeah, those Relics from before? Each will be enhanced somehow for their functions as they're installed.
    Modular Relic System (Engineering/Amplification) (0/1 Cost)
    Builds in a weapon system that takes multiple relics, and combines them into one cannon. Possibly augmenting the cannon to make better use of the equipment's attributes, or enhance it's attacks using attributes of the relics.
    Will need Scylla's help to make it 0 cost.
    - Prototype Upgrades (Engineering) (0/1 cost)
    Yeah, that plasma cannon, and rail gun? Gonna be able to add those in. Possibly into the cannon, for one cost, or as shoulder mounted weapons, mounted on the other arm, etc.
    Again, Scylla. Help. You know the drill.

Reactor Output Amplification (Engineering) (1 Cost)
    A system built in to double the Prototype Cosmoreactor's power output without destabilizing it heavily. Reactor tap maximum is now 6. Full use of the Millenium Falcon copy can be achieved with the reactor this well tuned.
    - Amplified Reactor Output Amplification
    Moves it up from double to triple, resulting in a Reactor Tap maximum of 9. Extra power to spare, most mecha won't have power issues ever again.
    Reactor Stabilization (Engineering) (1 Cost)
    A system built in to ensure the reactor is stabilized. +10 to Prototype Cosmoreactor stability. +134 days, 8 hours to reactor stability when red-lining the reactor before repairs are necessary.
    - Enhanced Reactor Stabilization (Engineering) (1 Cost)
    The system built in to ensure the prototype reactor won't go critical, has been upgraded.
    +50 to Prototype Cosmoreactor stability. 671 days, 16 hours of red lining the reactor before repairs are necessary.

Computer Systems (Engineering) (0 Cost)
    Mapping systems, auto targeting systems and the like all are built in.
    - Legion of Coal Augmentation (Engineering) (0 Cost)
    AI systems built in are much like the Legion of Coal, guaranteeing a robust Firewall and hacking skills built into the suit. +1 to all aiming rolls
    - - Targeting System upgrades (Engineering) (1 Cost)
    +2 to all targeting systems
    - Scylla Grade Augments (Engineering) (1 Cost)
    Scylla builds in several systems using his newfound capabilities for mental defense to enhance the systems, building in firewalls and defenses against mental attacks, hacking attacks, spiritual attacks, and so on and so forth.
    Artificial Muscles (Engineering) (0 Cost)
    Automatic +2 successes to all Strength and Dexterity rolls, due to the muscular fiber systems built into this.

Basic User Manual (Engineering, Relic Analysis) (0 Cost)
    A computer system that works to slowly figure out abilities of the additions, as well as how to use them. Works slowly over story arcs.
    - Upgraded User Manual (Engineering, Relic Analysis) (0/1 Cost)
    Scylla can take time to figure out how to upgrade this, to work over several chapters rather than entire story arcs. 5 chapters per story, rather than 1 story arc (like Fate Anarchy in its entirety has been).
    No. You're not getting a third one for now. Even this much is almost too much.

Flight Systems (Engineering) (0 Cost)
    Basic Flight system that uses fuel. Not much else to say. Pretty much a jetpack strapped to the back, for better or worse.
    - Augmented Flight Systems (Engineering) (0 Cost)
    Gonna need help with this one. Perhaps the Legion of Coal could take some time to add in extra thrusters? Scylla might be of use here, but he's also busy with rebuilding the dwindling mecha supplies...
    - - Fuel-less Flight (Engineering/Amplification) (0/1 Cost)
    Scylla's going to be necessary to keep this at 0 cost, otherwise it's going to be 1 cost.
    - Dash Systems (Engineering) (0 Cost)
    Dodging just got easier, Megaman X, Zero, and ZX style!

Environmental Systems (Engineering) (0 Cost)
    Basic Environmental Survival Package that counters the little issues like not wanting to suffocate if you find yourself in space or underwater is important, you know? Putting together tech to counter this is possible, though difficult.
    - Enhanced Environmental Systems (Engineering) (0 Cost)
    Guaranteeing survival against extreme cold, heat and radiation is also quite important. Not exactly out of Erik's skill set, but still harsh.

Shields..? (Amplification) (0 Cost)
    Radiant Wave Surger, formed into shields! That has issues, of course. Because it's using up uranium every time it turns on.
    3 shots
    Shields! (Amplification) (2 Cost)
    Somehow got the uranium drain fixed... kinda. It's still kind of dangerous, doesn't quite work on everything... outright vaporizes almost all things that hit it, and still likely to irradiate the user. Enhanced Environmental Systems are a must for this. To survive and be able to have kids.
    Better Shields! (Amplification) (2 Cost)
    No uranium or radioactivity! No vaporization of most shit hitting it, either.

Relic Augmentation (Amplification) (0 Cost for 1, 1 cost for each additional) (No time used, due to being augmented through tempering using Erik's blood.)

Dragon's Blood (Amplified)
    Brings out more of the dragon's blood within Erik, letting the armor tap into the attributes thereof. (Will be amplified, if what little dragon's blood is left is used to attune Erik to the Great Welsh Red.)
    Built in Flamethrower, Dragon's Scales, doubled armor for bashing and lethal damage, and damage resistance for fire and ice.

Fenris' Blood (Amplified)
    Brings out more of the power of the blood gained when Erik swore to be Fenris' Blood Brother.
    Stupidly durable armor, capable of tanking Aggravated damage more easily. Melee attacks do Aggravated damage.

Uller's Bloodline (Amplified)
    Augments Erik's already titanic link to frost, amplifying it to even greater heights...
    Ice immunity, cryogenic weapons built in, unknown issues due to Uller being erased from history, ???

Death's Reflection (Amplified)
    Erik... wasn't quite as brilliant as he thought, when he worked on the obsidian mirror he'd claimed from the Aztec death goddess, turning it into goggles, and other unique tools.
    And inhaled some of that Obsidian Dust. Glass shards versus a God's own innate healing? No issues, just irritation.
    However, between the goggles, the scythe chunk, and this masterwork piece, the innate power left behind will let him have his Mystic Goggles of Weakness Detection work through the helmet.
    Mystic Goggles of Weakness Perception works through the visor. Possibly other equipment as well.

Innovation (Amplified)
    One of Erik's core unique abilities as a God, this has slowly become a literal part of his blood.
    Could be used to add other Unique abilities not on this list, later on, if people so choose to innovate at a later date, post Fate Anarchy.

Machinery (Amplified)
    Another of Erik's core unique abilities as a God, this has also slowly become a literal part of his blood.
    Will make upgrading this unique armor easier, increases modularity for the armor, and generally increases ability to work on machinery and personal equipment over time. Cannot increase Relic dots, however. Maximum is 10, period.
    May make tinkering easier. May add lots of multi-tool equivalents to the suit.

Mecha (Amplified)
    Once more, another of Erik's core unique abilities as a God, this has also slowly become a literal part of his blood.
    Adds a +2 bonus to all fighting, piloting, and firing rolls while using this and piloting a mech.
    Quadruples the bonus if a linkup system is developed that links this armor to a mech, like Erik's skin tight, armored piloting suit already does.

Paranoia (Amplified)
    Yet another of Erik's core unique abilities as a God, this has also slowly become a literal part of his blood.
    Basic Danger Sense abilities, and radar HUD function added. Somehow. Totally not a result of Erik putting in hundreds of microphones, cameras, and a small AI to let him know if a sound is off in the room, no sir. It's magical danger sense! And if you believe that one, I have a bridge to sell you.

Lasers (Amplified)
    Once more, a unique construction that Erik built so much of, it's a part of his legend and may be passed in his blood as a result.
    Lasers are easier to build. Upgrades for such things are easier to build. Things barely linked to lasers also are involved. Such as more prototype lightsabers, for example....
    +15 to all rolls for designing, building, constructing or jury rigging a laser, or upgrades for a laser, from scratch. Still doable without this, but easier.
    +25 rolls to the laser involved weapon to not fall apart when damaged.
    If the Laser Rifle is equipped in the armor, using the modular armor, then the lasers will do +5 damage to all attacks, while increasing the range to 1 km.

Pykrete (Amplified)
    Something Erik's made so often, he's made it part of his legend, and may be passed on in his blood, to his bloodline, etc. as a result.
    Pykrete Weapons, Armor, etc. is more easily designed and worked out to manage functionality.
    Pykrete armor and weapons upgrades are a thing, resulting in ablative armor, and easily made weapons, tools, etc. May make pykrete weapons or tools 3 times a day.
    Can coat armor with Pykete that gives +4 to all soak rolls 3 times a day.
    (Both have a 3 times a day use, not just one to both types.)

Aerial Battleships/Starships/Submarines (Amplified)
    Yes. Yes. More of Erik's unique abilities as a God, literally a part of his Blood. God, blood. You get it, by now.
    Erik's finest creations. His finest masterpieces. The shit he most swears at, because of how often it breaks down on him.
    Aerial Battleships like the Wolfen count under this.
    Enhanced construction speed for such things. +25 to all rolls for building, construction, and designing one. +10 to all rolls to not have things break down in the background. Tendency for such rolls will be permanently halved. (No more Millennium Falcon breakdown shenanigans, yay!)

Nuclear (Amplified)
    Erik has built nuclear equipment nearly as much as he has Lasers. It's going to be there as a part of him, you know? Just like all the other stuff on this partial list.
    +10 to safety rolls with Nuclear equipment, materials, etc. +10 to building things that utilize nuclear power or material in some fashion.
    If Relic System, Relic Integration and Modular Relic Integration are chosen, this will allow the built in arm cannon to be utilized for enhancing attacks with nuclear radiation, making the attack do Aggravated Damage. Alternatively, if shields are taken, then the shields will have a +5 for what they're capable of taking on, +10 for additional uses, and stabilize the fuel so it doesn't drain most of the radioactivity out of the uranium rod with each pulse, leaving the nuclear rods needing to go into a breeder reactor, rather than being used as depleted uranium.
    Will make the Arm Cannon look more like Utsuho Reiuji's own, from Touhou.

Space Stations (Amplified) (2 cost rather than 1)
    Technically in the blood? Kinda getting out there, but still, Erik built the Wolf Home, so it counts...
    Enhanced construction of such things. +25 to all rolls for building, constructing, and designing one. +50 to all rolls on how to do a Colony Drop for the maximum amount of damage, destruction and mayhem.
    May make Erik more prone to thinking of that as a valid tactic.

Erik has 5 relic dots saved for unique attributes put into most of his mechs. However, you may choose to either have the other 5 relic dots converted, one to one, into more costs of attributes above this. This will be permanent. You will lose those relic dots for good. No magically getting any back.

At the same time, an extra 5 cost would let you have some truly goddamned broken skill sets and combinations for when Erik might need them most in the future. He won't be seeing anything like Dark Souls or Bloodborne, but the small list of places he's going to go through is going to be a clusterfuck and a half at times. I'll give a hint. Kinetic Storage and Boosting is utterly fucking broken when it's taken together at maximum. Shin and Kinetic Storage can also be utterly broken, or a mix of those three.

Yes, that means you can have a maximum of 12 relic attributes for this, if you take power armor.

But without the highest levels of being a relic, you might be left in the lurch in some situations, as well. So it's up to you.

Finally, one other question for you all.

Would you like Erik to use some of the leftover dragon's blood from Merlin, to attune him to the Welsh Red Dragon, rather than Fafnir, as well as more to Mordred? This will stabilize some of the effects that Erik will be able to produce with this armor.

A result of this will be one single unique ability, to be chosen for free, and added to him, between Boosting, a new dragon transformation, kinetic storage or Shin, as a new unique base trait and ability list.

That doesn't, however, give him the owner's manual for it. Nor will the guide built into the armor work for it.

The second result, is all attribute costs for Shin, Boosting, and Kinetic Storage all are halved, and rounded down. So if it's 1.5, then it goes to 1, not to 2. You're welcome. Just keep in mind that you're running on a limit of actions as well, here.

The Prototype Cosmoreactor rolled a 3 out of 4 for stability. It does NOT have the materials necessary to function at a heightened level, yet. Period. Thus you got a low roll here. The only reason why there weren't multiple incidents of it going boom in the first place was Erik's bullshit goggles. Trust me. Those goggles are countering a lot of issues Erik would have had with crafting, literally every time he builds. You go past that with your plans, it goes boom. Period. 1, maybe 2 is relatively fine for it. 3 is red-lining it, and it'll need repairs more often. Approximately once every 31 days, for 3 tap setup. Anything less is usable, and functional.

Also, keep in mind the more that Scylla helps out, the less time he'll have for controlling the Legion of Coal to get the rest of the mecha built and ready to assault the Hanging Gardens. As it is, he's using 5 multitasking turns to add in runic effects for the cloaking, controlling the Legion of Coal in getting the mecha pulled out of storage and built, figuring out ideas for helping lower the costs for certain functions on the ship, and working out some ideas for upgrading equipment for the Wolfen due to the sheer amount of issues the Wolfen has had with curb-stomping all her enemies to the ground.

And since I'm writing this, and working on this rather than finishing off his new character sheet, I'm saying that he has 9 multitasking options right now.

I've been working on upgrades for Scylla that are powerful, make him a decent threat, while making him not be too overblown in terms of power. On top of that, I've been working on the behemoth of upgrades as shown above.

Oh holy crap, have I really written this many pages just on possible upgrades for the forum to choose from?! Man, this chapter has really gotten away from me...

To be fair. A lot of this could simply not be chosen, or could have been put in automatically. But I'd rather give everyone the choice over how Erik develops in the future, rather than relying on the utter mess I was starting to make of future upgrades for him.

I'll freely admit, the Boosting route is probably the most overpowered long term, though a mix of Boosting and Kinetic Storage could go well, too (As in, long term, being able to boost the Kinetic Storage, or using the Kinetic Storage to store boosts for when you need them is a possible thing with that route). But most of the others work well for a set of upgrades that would see Erik through a lot of future scenarios, while helping him survive the stuff to come for him.

On a different note, some of the skills listed here are based on ones I've seen on the astral plane, that dragons use, as well as some similar stuff I've developed myself that I've passed on to them, intermixed randomly. If you astral project there? Please, don't go searching for them. If they want to find you, they'll find you.

Mostly because a lot of them make cracks about a knight and his horse being rather tasty snacks, and I can't ever tell if they're kidding or not...

Author's Notes Mk2:

This chapter has hated and loathed me. Ugh. Constant writer’s block, nearly every step of the way.

Closing in on a month and a half of work on getting it right, rewriting chunks, throwing chunks out, writer's block, and writing other stuff while banging my head against the wall when it comes to the options for the character upgrades has been hell.

Last edited by RanmaBushiko; September 11th, 2020 at 05:25 AM.
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

I write like Douglas Adams. Proof: http://iwl.me/s/696f37bd

On the actual chapter:
    I would say that things have gone off the rails, but they already were. This does seem somewhat moreso, though.
    Making good use of EMIYA's ability to read the history of weapons as a prelude to upgrades. I'm not entirely sure why we're agonizing over the forging of Clarent so much, but I suppose the mythical properties are very relevant for a smith.
    Recruiting villagers for both selfless and selfish reasons, nice.
    I know why Mash AND Fou are important now, though I don't entirely follow how Fou is actually GETTING INTO Avalon in 10 minutes flat, unless... Oh, that's Sapphire. That is a good cheat. Merlin bullying is always welcome, though.
    Typos/grammar nitpicks
    So please, stay armed until we can assure your safety is complete
    "until we can be sure you're completely safe" is a slightly less awkward version, though there are a few others.
    Not with what the Clock Tower will insist on being done for them surviving the massacre, from what I know of them.”
    The "them" here changes from being the townsfolk to the Clock Tower, which is very unclear. Replacing the "for them" with "to the townspeople" makes this slightly better, though I'm sure there are other ways.
    Roche's golems insight is fascinating
    "insight into golems" is more natural.
    Like me having a hard time being anything but subtle for example
    Wait, so he has difficulty NOT being subtle? A hard time being anything approaching subtle, I'd believe.
    tracing through every part of it's its forging... then blinks. “Aside from being smelted by Meteorite
    Smelted from a meteor, or from meteoric iron? Smelted "by" meterorite sounds like... it got melted into shape by having a meteroite hit it, or something?
    I should have a touch bit still in me
    "A touch still in me" or "a tiny bit still in me", but not mixing the two.
    “It was heated in the forge the blade was in, and starting to boil along with the other blood and minerals, until the minerals were absorbed by the blood...” EMIYA pauses, blinking, then continues. “And if I saw things right, the blade absorbed the concoction of blood in its entirety, while being tempered, with one single temper.”

“You're thinking about using it for something, hmm? Just to warn you, if you use it, you're likely to sacrifice most of your ability to produce it for a long time to come, Erik.” EMIYA admits. “It doesn't feel like your body's producing more, now. And keep in mind the issues with Mordred's blood that will likely happen.”
    These are both Emiya speaking, so my previous complaint at Kieran about speaker transitions being unclear applies.
    Things aren't going to get easier quiet quite yet, I'm sorry to say, either.
    “This... was a clusterfuck. But unfortunately, the local powers that were set up to fight against scenarios
    Typically when doing "but" I would contrast a negative thing with a positive thing, or vice-versa. These are both negative things. Drop the "but".
    What's the url for the MegaMagi Mari website
    I purposely limit the Production Line like the one you've dealt with, to work more as fire support,
    You say "Production Line" and I read "family of designs", unless this is referring to some special thing about the Legion of Coal. I might prefer to phrase this "The model you just encountered is limited to act more in a fire support role, since (etc)"
    “My sending another production unit Metal Gear Rex next, for you to chase her around in, perhaps?
    "Her" is fairly clearly Morgan from context, but it still ends up being slightly unclear, since Merlin referred to Mordred as female, and Mordred was the last named character in the conversational context.

There's a lot of random capitalization of Alchemical Nouns for some reason, that I don't entirely follow. Gestation tanks, Bacta Tanks, etc. Especially when you don't capitalize Mystic Code, it's odd.
    I have no idea how to translate any of these upgrade costs into something I can make decisions from. In particular, I don't understand what qualifies as "an attribute" for "pick 3 attributes" and how this relates to "cost", and how THAT relates to multitasking options. I vaguely follow the "Reactor Taps" as an extra cost. I also don't understand what the tags mean, except that (Dragon) is often better if we use Merlin's dragon blood.
    I also don't entirely understand what
    But the bonuses won't exactly stack up like they do now. This will be stripping the Relic of most of its divine power, to ensure that Erik's new armor has various systems, sub systems, etc. for this.
    for Relic Integration means. I'd guessing that since the relic is integrated, most of its original functions are useless (i.e. adding in Raika makes it both weaker and not usable on its own)
    But without the highest levels of being a relic, you might be left in the lurch in some situations, as well. So it's up to you.
    This also confuses me. I have no idea what possible consequences this has, under what circumstances it comes up, or why.

I would suggest making at least 1 example build for Mordred's ring, and at least 2-3 for Erik's armor, and break down how each choice consumes the available resources, so that we can follow along to some degree. I am going to try to do so here with a convoluted and unsafe example, which I am explicitly NOT voting for, I just want to get clarification
    RIP AND TEAR

• Welsh dragon blood, for free Shin and half-cost boosting/dragon-related upgrades (Using Shin under these circumstances seems like a VERY last-ditch thing)
    • Legendary Power Armor (4 traits available, 3 used on Legendary power armor) (1 reactor tap) (3 actions)
    • Boosting (0 trait cost due to dragon blood, 1 action)
    • Enhanced Boosting (0 cost due to dragon blood, 1 action) (I'm assuming this counts under the dragon cost halving, since it's in the boosting tree?)
    • Concert Boosting (0 cost due to dragon blood, 1 action)
    • Juggernaut Driver (1 cost due to dragon blood, paid in relic dot, 1 action)
    • Kinetic Storage (0 cost, dragon blood, 1 action)
    • Deepened Kinetic Storage (0 cost, dragon blood, 1 action)
    • Kinetic storage core (0 cost, dragon blood, 1 action)
    • Upgraded User Manual (1 cost, 2 actions) (to not totally kill yourself with the Boost effects)
    • Enhanced Environmental Systems (0 cost, 2 actions)
    • Armor Durability (1 cost, 1 action)
    • Durability Enhancement (1 cost, 1 action)
    • Regenerating Durability (1 cost, paid in relic dot, 1 action)
    • Dragon's Blood (0 cost, first Relic Augmentation, 0 actions)
    • Fenris Blood (1 cost, paid in relic dot, 0 actions)

This uses 16 actions (of 24 possible), 1 reactor tap, and all available cost (plus 2 relic dots, total 9). At least 2 actions come from Scylla, and at least 1 from Tamamo and Fenris (more will be necessary, since Erik only has 8 actions, I'd suggest filing a bunch of the durability increases under Fenris's doing). Obviously Mordred upgrades come from the same action/reactor tap pool, but have a distinct cost pool.

If this is an accurate example of how to build, I think I understand some of the rules (I describe this build as RIP AND TEAR, but it uh, kind of lacks anything else, I was mostly trying to use it to get clarification on how various costs work). There aren't enough Reactor tap sources to justify Reactor Output Amplification most of the time, unless other things can use it (and if they can, it might help to know what those are, i.e. do unused taps provide some benefit?) Also, why would you ever take Reactor Stabilization, unless you've already got Amplification, since with Amplification, you aren't red-lining the reactor anymore?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    On the actual chapter:
    I would say that things have gone off the rails, but they already were. This does seem somewhat moreso, though.
    Making good use of EMIYA's ability to read the history of weapons as a prelude to upgrades. I'm not entirely sure why we're agonizing over the forging of Clarent so much, but I suppose the mythical properties are very relevant for a smith.
    Recruiting villagers for both selfless and selfish reasons, nice.
    I know why Mash AND Fou are important now, though I don't entirely follow how Fou is actually GETTING INTO Avalon in 10 minutes flat, unless... Oh, that's Sapphire. That is a good cheat. Merlin bullying is always welcome, though.
    Typos/grammar nitpicks

"until we can be sure you're completely safe" is a slightly less awkward version, though there are a few others.

The "them" here changes from being the townsfolk to the Clock Tower, which is very unclear. Replacing the "for them" with "to the townspeople" makes this slightly better, though I'm sure there are other ways.

"insight into golems" is more natural.

Wait, so he has difficulty NOT being subtle? A hard time being anything approaching subtle, I'd believe.

Smelted from a meteor, or from meteoric iron? Smelted "by" meterorite sounds like... it got melted into shape by having a meteroite hit it, or something?

"A touch still in me" or "a tiny bit still in me", but not mixing the two.

These are both Emiya speaking, so my previous complaint at Kieran about speaker transitions being unclear applies.

Typically when doing "but" I would contrast a negative thing with a positive thing, or vice-versa. These are both negative things. Drop the "but".

You say "Production Line" and I read "family of designs", unless this is referring to some special thing about the Legion of Coal. I might prefer to phrase this "The model you just encountered is limited to act more in a fire support role, since (etc)"

"Her" is fairly clearly Morgan from context, but it still ends up being slightly unclear, since Merlin referred to Mordred as female, and Mordred was the last named character in the conversational context.

There's a lot of random capitalization of Alchemical Nouns for some reason, that I don't entirely follow. Gestation tanks, Bacta Tanks, etc. Especially when you don't capitalize Mystic Code, it's odd.
    I have no idea how to translate any of these upgrade costs into something I can make decisions from. In particular, I don't understand what qualifies as "an attribute" for "pick 3 attributes" and how this relates to "cost", and how THAT relates to multitasking options. I vaguely follow the "Reactor Taps" as an extra cost. I also don't understand what the tags mean, except that (Dragon) is often better if we use Merlin's dragon blood.
    I also don't entirely understand what

for Relic Integration means. I'd guessing that since the relic is integrated, most of its original functions are useless (i.e. adding in Raika makes it both weaker and not usable on its own)

This also confuses me. I have no idea what possible consequences this has, under what circumstances it comes up, or why.

I would suggest making at least 1 example build for Mordred's ring, and at least 2-3 for Erik's armor, and break down how each choice consumes the available resources, so that we can follow along to some degree. I am going to try to do so here with a convoluted and unsafe example, which I am explicitly NOT voting for, I just want to get clarification
    RIP AND TEAR

• Welsh dragon blood, for free Shin and half-cost boosting/dragon-related upgrades (Using Shin under these circumstances seems like a VERY last-ditch thing)
    • Legendary Power Armor (4 traits available, 3 used on Legendary power armor) (1 reactor tap) (3 actions)
    • Boosting (0 trait cost due to dragon blood, 1 action)
    • Enhanced Boosting (0 cost due to dragon blood, 1 action) (I'm assuming this counts under the dragon cost halving, since it's in the boosting tree?)
    • Concert Boosting (0 cost due to dragon blood, 1 action)
    • Juggernaut Driver (1 cost due to dragon blood, paid in relic dot, 1 action)
    • Kinetic Storage (0 cost, dragon blood, 1 action)
    • Deepened Kinetic Storage (0 cost, dragon blood, 1 action)
    • Kinetic storage core (0 cost, dragon blood, 1 action)
    • Upgraded User Manual (1 cost, 2 actions) (to not totally kill yourself with the Boost effects)
    • Enhanced Environmental Systems (0 cost, 2 actions)
    • Armor Durability (1 cost, 1 action)
    • Durability Enhancement (1 cost, 1 action)
    • Regenerating Durability (1 cost, paid in relic dot, 1 action)
    • Dragon's Blood (0 cost, first Relic Augmentation, 0 actions)
    • Fenris Blood (1 cost, paid in relic dot, 0 actions)

This uses 16 actions (of 24 possible), 1 reactor tap, and all available cost (plus 2 relic dots, total 9). At least 2 actions come from Scylla, and at least 1 from Tamamo and Fenris (more will be necessary, since Erik only has 8 actions, I'd suggest filing a bunch of the durability increases under Fenris's doing). Obviously Mordred upgrades come from the same action/reactor tap pool, but have a distinct cost pool.

If this is an accurate example of how to build, I think I understand some of the rules (I describe this build as RIP AND TEAR, but it uh, kind of lacks anything else, I was mostly trying to use it to get clarification on how various costs work). There aren't enough Reactor tap sources to justify Reactor Output Amplification most of the time, unless other things can use it (and if they can, it might help to know what those are, i.e. do unused taps provide some benefit?) Also, why would you ever take Reactor Stabilization, unless you've already got Amplification, since with Amplification, you aren't red-lining the reactor anymore?
    Let's see now...

Yeah, things are off the rails for the moment. Considering the fighting about to go down in the hanging gardens, and how that's going to alter the entirety of the situation, though... it's going to make things *interesting...*

As for the villagers? Yeah, Erik needs some. They need a place to go, Erik needs more of a workforce that can grow plants. Both sides benefit!

Glad you liked how Sapphire sidestepped everything... *chuckles*

Yeah, give me about 15-20 minutes to edit stuff, after I go and get something to eat, and I'll work to put in some of those edits. And good job on realizing how the stuff worked for the unique equipment.

Keep in mind, this has been worked on for quite a while, and I may have missed stuff like that while working on the entire thing.

Production Line units are literally off a factory line. Erik hasn't customized or fine tuned the items in question.

Reactor Amplification, and Stabilization work to make things like the Millennium Falcon copy have proper power. Relic integration would effectively mean Raika's a part of the armor, until removed. So it treats Erik's relics like Metroid style powerups.

May take me a day or two to put in examples, at most, though. (Let's be honest. I wanted it posted and done with by this point...)
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

Yeah, it looks like the sort of thing you want to just get done and out there, when you're soliciting feedback. I'm not surprised you'd miss stuff after tweaking it several times, I know that code starts to look more like what I imagine/remember it says than what it ACTUALLY SAYS after a few days of working with it, let alone weeks. Half the time I only spot things after I put them up for review.

I think I slightly broke my example when I shuffled the order around to be closer to keep things in families, that Juggernaut Driver shouldn't need a relic dot, but the totals are right. If that's how it works... I will probably need more time to think about what's synergistic. Welsh Dragon blood seems entirely upside right now, since it gives synergistic effects, a free trait, and reduces costs on other effects. Unless there are narrative downsides, there's no reason not to take it. I also still don't understand the power armor downside of "without the highest levels of being a relic".

Production Line units are literally off a factory line. Erik hasn't customized or fine tuned the items in question.
    Referring to the unit as "Production Line" is troublesome, because it can also refer to a literal factory line, which makes the topic confusing. "Production line units" or "factory stock units" would make more sense to me. If you say "Merlin has dealt with a production line" it makes me think you're using him as sweatshop labor (which you are, admittedly)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it looks like the sort of thing you want to just get done and out there, when you're soliciting feedback. I'm not surprised you'd miss stuff after tweaking it several times, I know that code starts to look more like what I imagine/remember it says than what it ACTUALLY SAYS after a few days of working with it, let alone weeks. Half the time I only spot things after I put them up for review.

I think I slightly broke my example when I shuffled the order around to be closer to keep things in families, that Juggernaut Driver shouldn't need a relic dot, but the totals are right. If that's how it works... I will probably need more time to think about what's synergistic. Welsh Dragon blood seems entirely upside right now, since it gives synergistic effects, a free trait, and reduces costs on other effects. Unless there are narrative downsides, there's no reason not to take it. I also still don't understand the power armor downside of "without the highest levels of being a relic".

Referring to the unit as "Production Line" is troublesome, because it can also refer to a literal factory line, which makes the topic confusing. "Production line units" or "factory stock units" would make more sense to me. If you say "Merlin has dealt with a production line" it makes me think you're using him as sweatshop labor (which you are, admittedly)
    Yeah, I get that. *sighs* It's been... quite a few weeks since I even looked at a few parts of the chapter, except for a quick re-read before posting.

The Welsh Dragon Blood would be replacing Fafnir's blood entirely. Useful, but it will have side effects, like any other thing has.

As for being a Relic... the following shows what abilities a Relic can gain, when you're building one yourself... except for two extra unique skills, that Erik developed over the campaign. "All Systems, Full Power", to change all damage to be aggravated damage. And "Hey, I think I can get this thing working again!" for a once a day half health repair. Both of which are already earmarked for this armor.

****************************file/d/1i7t-taTC4CnA--elFddmrhqL9_ChT_kG/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Done with the edits! I'll work on the examples later.
    Last edited by RanmaBushiko; September 11th, 2020 at 12:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Uh, I hate to say this, but the link is borked.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Uh, I hate to say this, but the link is borked.
    Lemme try something else, then...

Edit: Testing...

Edit 2: Got it! Link works now. It was set to only show to people that were interfacing with my google drive. Now, on the other hand, it's fixed. Sorry. Didn't even realize that was a thing...
    Last edited by RanmaBushiko; September 11th, 2020 at 05:16 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ring Examples:

Ring of Durability and Power

2 attributes towards Boosting and Juggernaut Driver
    1 attribute towards Reactor Tap
    1 (converted) attribute towards Faith Tap
    2 dots used towards a second legend battery built into the ring, on top of the first. (No extra time used)

Though slow to learn to use, prana burst alone with the combined might of a tap into the prototype Cosmoreactor, as well as the faith of Erik’s Wolf Home is still plenty mighty.

This would ensure Mordred can handle most situations she’s in with no issues, drops in power, etc. Same with switching out Boosting with Kinetic Storage and it’s upgrade, though in different ways...

Ring of Pure Short-Lived Bullshit

1 attribute towards Boosting
    2 attributes towards Kinetic Storage and Kinetic Storage Boosting
    3 (converted) attributes towards Shin

This outright drops Mordred as a long term stamina fighter, for sheer utter bullshit in the short run, once she learns how to use it. Until she learns how to use one of them, however, she’s going to be stuck meditating, waiting for her power to get back up to full over the course of arcs. Benches Mordred in the short run for long term bursts of utter carnage that would make most Servants run screaming for their lives in exchange.

Ring of Smaug

3 attributes towards Shin
    3 (converted) attributes towards the Dragon Form

Mordred would literally be a rampaging dragon in this state. She’d make a berserker run screaming in fear. At the same time, without any taps to the reactor, faith, or Avalon? Not long term viable, without sacrifice...

And without a reverse scale on her, boy, would this suck to fight. The lack of power on the other hand, is more worrying with this one.

Ring of Potency

2 attributes to Avalon tap
    1 attribute to Reactor tap
    1 (converted) attribute to Faith tap
    2 (converted) attributes to Boosting and Juggernaut Driver
    2 (converted) attributes to Kinetic Storage and Kinetic Storage Boosting

This outright throws out the storage of the ring, in return for using Mordred’s body as the storage, and hoping none of the links gets blocked… it’s not the brightest of plans, but it’s still technically feasible. But if they ever wind up in a universe where prana doesn’t normally exist… you’d better hope the links to the places where prana does exist never get blocked. Otherwise Mordred’s screwed the moment that happens.

Of course, considering this route also means Morgan may have a chance to fuck with Mordred’s head… there may be other issues with this one.

Erik’s armor examples

Survival is King

3 attributes to Legendary Power Armor and it’s other upgrades (Erik, Fenris, Scylla, Tamamo and Merlin)
    3 attributes to Armor Durability, Durability Enhancement and Regeneration
    2 attributes to Shields!
    0 to Enhanced Environmental Systems
    1 attribute to Relic Integration
    0 to Dragon’s blood
    1 to Death’s Reflection (Keep in mind here. This allows Erik to use his Mystic Goggles of Weakness Detection through the glass in the helmet. Possibly as well with cameras, targeting reticles, etc. Much useful for building things as well as fighting foes long term. Literally, let’s face it. If he can’t see the critical weak spot for say, as an example, a Cyberdemon? How is he going to kill it?)
    1 to Nuclear
    1 to Machinery (Also keep in mind that this means the armor will be upgradeable long term, not just short term.)
    Erik has done 5 actions with this, while Scylla has done 1. So this leaves some slots open for Modular Weapons, etc.

Things like the User manual won’t be necessary with this one, since there’s not much unique stuff to be added here. But things involving Scylla enhancing the weapons with the Modular Relic System and the Prototype Upgrades, etc. are all functional with this build. And leaves Erik with three time slots to put into the Ring.

12/12 attributes used

Keeping in mind that the last cloak made from Fenris’ fur gave 4A/6L/6B as defense… then the further amplification from this set of upgrades, and Dragon’s blood…

Meteorite Iron gives 15 bashing and lethal soak. So! Combining this bullshit due to the massive amounts of help for this…

4 aggravated, 6+15 bashing, 6+15 lethal. X12 for the bashing and lethal, x6 for aggravated damage. 6X12 = 82 + 15 = 97
    24A/97L/97B. Suffice to say, this would be impossible to destroy in Scion. Scion being the key word, of course.

As for health… I’m just going to take the total roll for creating this monstrosity, multiply it by 12, then divide by 2. So 600 hp. Then multiplying for hp bonuses would give 6000 hp.

Shields! gives an extra boost to survivability, with the Radiant Wave Surger systems having few weaknesses. This is shored up by the Nuclear trait, giving some extra oomph to ensuring things that hit the armor aren’t likely to punch through.

Between the Nuclear, Death’s Reflection, and the Relic Integration, this one is the tankiest build you can have. That doesn’t mean it’s impossible to run out of air, food or water. But this would let Erik survive pretty much everything he can run into barring a nuke, and survive to see another day.

If a city’s carpet bombed, and he’s stuck under rubble? He can carve his way out using Raika and the ability to see all weaknesses.

That doesn’t mean he’s particularly fast, agile, or stealthy, however.

What’s Old is New, and What’s New is Old (Or in other words, why take the new stuff when I can have the old stuff working properly?!)

2 attributes to Enhanced Power Armor (Erik, Fenris, Scylla and Tamamo)
    0 attribute to Innovation
    1 attribute to Machinery
    1 attribute to Mecha
    1 attribute to Pykrete
    1 attribute to Fenris’ Bloodline
    1 attribute to Death’s Reflection
    1 attribute to Lasers
    1 attribute to Aerial Battleships
    1 attribute to Nuclear
    2 attributes to Space Stations

0/12 points left

This taps mostly into Erik’s original skill set, minus Uller’s Blood. Which cancels out synergies between Pykrete and Uller’s Blood, but ensures he can build everything he used to, no matter how bad things could get.

Doesn’t involve Scylla much, but upgrades could easily be added to it involving Scylla. Leaves a lot more time to work on Mordred’s ring, as well, if most of it’s just Erik bathing the damned thing in his blood after the initial work is done, too.

Between Innovation and Machinery, modular upgrades could be designed and built over time, allowing enhancements for some of the other items on the list, even lesser versions of Boosting, Kinetic Storage, and perhaps even Shin. And the Great Red Welsh Blood would guarantee those to be eventually developed… for a price that will eventually be paid, of course.

Just keep in mind there’s a lot of unwritten unique synergies between abilities that I haven’t written in here. Innovation and Machinery’s one that I’m sure you can figure out from reading this, however...

Great Red Welsh Blood is effectively taken for all of the following, side effects not brought up. Easier that way. That doesn’t mean you HAVE to take it however…

Future Power is Most Important

3 attributes to Legendary Power Armor (Erik, Fenris, Scylla, Tamamo and Merlin)
    0 attributes to Upgraded User Manual (Scylla)
    0 attributes to Modular Relic System and Prototype Upgrades (Scylla)
    0 attributes to Enhanced Environmental Systems
    1 attribute to Juggernaut Driver and other upgrades
    1 attribute to Kinetic Storage Boosting
    0 attributes to Death’s Reflection
    1 attribute to Machinery
    1 attribute to Innovation
    1 attribute to Mecha
    1 attribute to Lasers
    1 attribute to Nuclear

0/12 left

Shin and Kinetic Storage have some nice synergies with each other, albeit with a long time before they can be utilized. If taken as a freebie, Shin won’t be nearly as easy to use, but will still synergize quite well with the later levels of Kinetic Storage.

And as Erik will be putting a lot into close range fighting to take advantage of this, the suffering shall be real as a result. As well as a possible need for durability needing to be enhanced. This still gives Erik an edge on most of his construction rolls, however, as well as letting his integrated Relics have a better “oomph” to their hits.

Mad Scientist Ahoy!

3 attributes to Legendary Power Armor (Erik, Fenris, Scylla, Tamamo and Merlin)
    0 attributes to Cloaking, Advanced Cloaking, and Cloaked Firing
    0 attribute to Modular Relic System and Prototype Upgrades (Scylla)
    1 attribute to Kinetic Storage Boosting
    0 attributes to Upgraded User Manual (Scylla)
    0 attributes to Fuel-less Flight (Scylla)
    0 attributes to Enhanced Environmental Systems
    0 attributes to Innovation
    1 attribute to Death’s Reflection
    1 attribute to Machinery
    1 attribute to Mecha
    1 attribute to Nuclear
    2 attributes to Space Stations

0/12 left

For the crazy folks out there that think along the lines of “You can never have too much dakka!” and “Colony Drop on it from orbit, just to be sure!” as good ideas, you get this build!

Which takes Ivo Robotnik/Eggman and ups it to 11, with the common sense of “using stealth and flight to get the fuck out of dodge when things go wrong!” no less!

With no compulsions for caring about the people whose lives may be destroyed upon contact with a barrage of nuclear missiles, and the willingness to do what’s done, even by dropping a mile wide colony on the heads of the victims he’s targeting, Erik will be the scourge and bane of many people when using armor styled like this.

The Imperium of Man would love him.

Empowerment of Others

3 attributes to Legendary Power Armor
    4 attributes to all reactor stabilization and amplification methods
    2 attributes to Shields!
    1 to Relic Integration
    0 attributes to Enhanced Environmental Upgrades
    0 attributes to Death’s Reflection
    1 to Innovation
    1 to Machinery

0/12 left

Support and shielding, built into one, Erik takes the field empowering things he flies, or mechs he rides. Guaranteed extra power for Mordred, as well as the Millenium Falcon Copy always having enough juice to work no matter how many reactor taps Erik has.

Extra:
    Yes, there’s other stuff involved. Secret Synergies, some of which are hinted at in the story prior to this, that can help or possibly harm, depending on the future, and what’s chosen.
    You’re also free to put Space Stations down as the 0 point freebie, and use 2 for other things… you’re welcome.
    Legend Batteries cost 2 dots as a relic, but it took a lot for the Gem of Power to be as potent as it is.

Finally, putting Fenris on an action may help, or it may need Erik/Scylla to show him how to do things. So if you want him to help, just remember that he doesn’t have opposable thumbs, so it might be more difficult for a giant wolf to do...

Hope this all helps!
    Last edited by RanmaBushiko; September 12th, 2020 at 08:18 PM.

Appreciated. This is actually VERY interesting, since it seems like you're saying that we can go as deep as we like into an upgrade tree, and it only costs a single action? In that case, Future Power-style builds do seem quite strong, since we can go deep on those force upgrades at extremely minimal cost. Similarly, the Scylla-discounted upgrades look quite good, like Cloaked Firing only effectively costs 0 dots and a Scylla action? That's a bargain. I was counting those as costing 1 action per tier, which got troublesome very fast. Flight systems seem much more reasonable that way. I'm definitely tempted by Innovation + Machinery, and User Manual always seems useful.
    Oh, and I see you're converting those relic dots for the Legend Battery etc for Mordred in some of those examples. I wasn't aware that was an option, good to know.

And the Great Red Welsh Blood would guarantee those to be eventually developed… for a price that will eventually be paid, of course
    Ah, the ominous foreshadowing for power, of course, of course. This also makes Dragon's Blood seem somewhat less appealing.

And as Erik will be putting a lot into close range fighting to take advantage of this, the suffering shall be real as a result.
    That is the downside, yeah. Hence why I was considering Armor Durability, Durability Enhancement and Regeneration, just so he lives long enough to actually learn how to use that melee ability.

Going to need to spend some more time theorycrafting, I guess.

Blog Entries
    Well... after some deliberation on my end, I think you should have Erik bathe in Ddraig's blood, if that's what I recall from the question you asked at the end of your story post. *looks back at the question* ...eh, close enough, actually. I meant that you should let him use the leftover blood properly. I just hope he can explain to Fafnir what's going on... wait. I forgot if Fafnir's a traveling companion.

Also, before I get to the choices for the signet ring and the armor, I need to ask for clarification: You said that Erik's Relic dots can't be recovered from their use in this story... is there any way to get more of them? I mean, of course, not that I want to cheat the system.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

Fenris (giant wolf, causes Ragnarok, etc) is a travelling companion. Fafnir (dragon from Siegfried's legend) is someone Erik killed and bathed in their blood (which is the same reason Siegfried is nigh-invulnerable on most parts of his body)

I'm somewhat interested in what the consequences of losing those Relic dots are. Normally Relic dots give access to various Purviews and boons, but the context of this is "Erik has 5 relic dots saved for unique attributes put into most of his mechs", which seems to imply that he has the basics covered (presumably because he's a full God and doesn't really need a Relic to access that stuff anymore). Checking Scion rules... if he's caught without an appropriate Relic, his effective Legend for using boons is 1 less than normal for the affected Purview, until he fully own the Purview (rather than his parent). I.e. presumably Erik just owns Mecha, so there's no issue there, but he likely doesn't own Frost. This can be a problem when he effective Legend is lower, i.e. the sealed state at the start of this story. Actually, it looks like he was effectively in that state at the start of the story, given that all his boons (i.e. Earth, Frost, Animal) only went up to 7. So again, those 5 relic dots might be for infusing his Mecha with some of the powers in the linked document. In particular, I'd imagine things like "A fuel or energy-dependent machine no longer needs either" and "an ammunition-based weapon never needs reloading" are quite relevant to his interests, so I might think leaving a couple of dots for being able to use those if needed would be useful. Does "put into most of his mechs" mean literally most of his mechs, or is it more like "Mecha Fafnir specifically doesn't need to reload, 1 dot". Also, can he move those around, or are they more floating and not assigned yet?

Also, as per Scion rules as best I can tell, you cannot gain Birthright-related dots through experience expenditure, only roleplay, so potentially those cannot be recovered ever.

Also bah, I should think about this now, rather than later. Let's do this.
    Mordred

I'm preferring to go conservative with Mordred's loadout, with the example Durability and Power, except dropping the Cosmoreactor tap (for more Erik things). I think it leans nicely on her new role as King to use Faith Tap, and I'd rather Mordred be a consistent backup.
    Faith Tap
    Boosting + Juggernaut Driver
    Second legend battery, knockoff Grail
    Consumes 2 Erik actions

Erik

Erik is considerably more trouble to decide on. Going straight melee with all the dragon/amplification effects is very tempting, but I'm thinking I might need to focus on some more traditional tools Erik has first, as much as "future power is best" looks tempting. Since upgrade trees only cost a single action, I'm going to be abusing that to the best of my ability.

Great Welsh Red, free Shin (tempting Fate here, but so be it)

Legendary Power Armor (3 dots, Scylla/Tamamo/Fenris/Erik/Merlin, 1 Reactor Tap)
    Relic Integration (1 dot, Erik)
    Prototype Upgrades (0 dots, Scylla)
    Enhanced Cloaking (1 dot, Erik, 1 Reactor Tap)
    Computer Systems/Scylla Grade Augments (1 dot, Scylla)
    Upgraded User Manual (0 dots, Scylla)
    Fuel-less Flight/Dash Systems (1 dot, Erik)
    Enhanced Environmental Systems (0 dots, Tamamo to protect fertility)
    Kinetic Storage Boosting (1 dot, Erik)
    Concert Boosting (0 dots, Erik)
    Machinery (0 dots)
    Innovation (1 dot)
    Death's Reflection (1 dot)
    Nuclear (1 dot)
    Aerial Battleships (1 dot)

That's 12 dots and 4 Scylla actions, which is maybe stretching it? I could drop Scylla Grade Augments, but I feel like hacking/spiritual attack protection seems somehow important. 6 Erik actions as well. 2 Reactor Taps total to avoid red-lining. I saw
    As it is, he's using 5 multitasking turns to add in runic effects for the cloaking, controlling the Legion of Coal in getting the mecha pulled out of storage and built, figuring out ideas for helping lower the costs for certain functions on the ship, and working out some ideas for upgrading equipment for the Wolfen due to the sheer amount of issues the Wolfen has had with curb-stomping all her enemies to the ground.

And since I'm writing this, and working on this rather than finishing off his new character sheet, I'm saying that he has 9 multitasking options right now.
    And assume that means using more than 4 Scylla actions is too much. Otherwise I'd save myself 2 dots on Flight Systems/Cloaking and get straight to Cloaked Firing, and probably burn that on extra durability, I guess. Also trying to maximize building capabilities while getting sufficient defensive/mobility options for now.

Last edited by Arbitrarity; September 14th, 2020 at 12:41 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Appreciated. This is actually VERY interesting, since it seems like you're saying that we can go as deep as we like into an upgrade tree, and it only costs a single action? In that case, Future Power-style builds do seem quite strong, since we can go deep on those force upgrades at extremely minimal cost. Similarly, the Scylla-discounted upgrades look quite good, like Cloaked Firing only effectively costs 0 dots and a Scylla action? That's a bargain. I was counting those as costing 1 action per tier, which got troublesome very fast. Flight systems seem much more reasonable that way. I'm definitely tempted by Innovation + Machinery, and User Manual always seems useful.
    Oh, and I see you're converting those relic dots for the Legend Battery etc for Mordred in some of those examples. I wasn't aware that was an option, good to know.

Ah, the ominous foreshadowing for power, of course, of course. This also makes Dragon's Blood seem somewhat less appealing.

That is the downside, yeah. Hence why I was considering Armor Durability, Durability Enhancement and Regeneration, just so he lives long enough to actually learn how to use that melee ability.

Going to need to spend some more time theorycrafting, I guess.
    Sorry for taking a bit to get back to this. There's some foreshadowing (or perhaps more Foushadowing?), but honestly, it's not too bad. Just makes things interesting down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Well... after some deliberation on my end, I think you should have Erik bathe in Ddraig's blood, if that's what I recall from the question you asked at the end of your story post. *looks back at the question* ...eh, close enough, actually. I meant that you should let him use the leftover blood properly. I just hope he can explain to Fafnir what's going on... wait. I forgot if Fafnir's a traveling companion.

Also, before I get to the choices for the signet ring and the armor, I need to ask for clarification: You said that Erik's Relic dots can't be recovered from their use in this story... is there any way to get more of them? I mean, of course, not that I want to cheat the system.
    Relic dots are capped at 10 for a relic, as Kieran ruled it for the Scion game Erik comes from. Converting one relic dot is a permanent process. You want more dots, you make a new relic. But since you won't have materials on this level again for a while, post Anarchy... that make sense? You can't jump back and forth between a relic, or a new, unique attribute, and forcing it to work with lots of extras for both that will jump back and forth.

If you've seen blacksmithing videos, putting in the runes for this? It's like etching in names and the like during the process of being made.

Fenris (giant wolf, causes Ragnarok, etc) is a travelling companion. Fafnir (dragon from Siegfried's legend) is someone Erik killed and bathed in their blood (which is the same reason Siegfried is nigh-invulnerable on most parts of his body)

I'm somewhat interested in what the consequences of losing those Relic dots are. Normally Relic dots give access to various Purviews and boons, but the context of this is "Erik has 5 relic dots saved for unique attributes put into most of his mechs", which seems to imply that he has the basics covered (presumably because he's a full God and doesn't really need a Relic to access that stuff anymore). Checking Scion rules... if he's caught without an appropriate Relic, his effective Legend for using boons is 1 less than normal for the affected Purview, until he fully own the Purview (rather than his parent). I.e. presumably Erik just owns Mecha, so there's no issue there, but he likely doesn't own Frost. This can be a problem when he effective Legend is lower, i.e. the sealed state at the start of this story. Actually, it looks like he was effectively in that state at the start of the story, given that all his boons (i.e. Earth, Frost, Animal) only went up to 7. So again, those 5 relic dots might be for infusing his Mecha with some of the powers in the linked document. In particular, I'd imagine things like "A fuel or energy-dependent machine no longer needs either" and "an ammunition-based weapon never needs reloading" are quite relevant to his interests, so I might think leaving a couple of dots for being able to use those if needed would be useful. Does "put into most of his mechs" mean literally most of his mechs, or is it more like "Mecha Fafnir specifically doesn't need to reload, 1 dot". Also, can he move those around, or are they more floating and not assigned yet?

Also, as per Scion rules as best I can tell, you cannot gain Birthright-related dots through experience expenditure, only roleplay, so potentially those cannot be recovered ever.

Also bah, I should think about this now, rather than later. Let's do this.
    Mordred

I'm preferring to go conservative with Mordred's loadout, with the example Durability and Power, except dropping the Cosmoreactor tap (for more Erik things). I think it leans nicely on her new role as King to use Faith Tap, and I'd rather Mordred be a consistent backup.
    Faith Tap
    Boosting + Juggernaut Driver
    Second legend battery, knockoff Grail
    Consumes 2 Erik actions

Erik

Erik is considerably more trouble to decide on. Going straight melee with all the dragon/amplification effects is very tempting, but I'm thinking I might need to focus on some more traditional tools Erik has first, as much as "future power is best" looks tempting. Since upgrade trees only cost a single action, I'm going to be abusing that to the best of my ability.

Great Welsh Red, free Shin (tempting Fate here, but so be it)

Legendary Power Armor (3 dots, Scylla/Tamamo/Fenris/Erik/Merlin, 1 Reactor Tap)
    Relic Integration (1 dot, Erik)
    Prototype Upgrades (0 dots, Scylla)
    Enhanced Cloaking (1 dot, Erik, 1 Reactor Tap)
    Computer Systems/Scylla Grade Augments (1 dot, Scylla)
    Upgraded User Manual (0 dots, Scylla)
    Fuel-less Flight/Dash Systems (1 dot, Erik)
    Enhanced Environmental Systems (0 dots, Tamamo to protect fertility)
    Kinetic Storage Boosting (1 dot, Erik)
    Concert Boosting (0 dots, Erik)
    Machinery (0 dots)
    Innovation (1 dot)
    Death's Reflection (1 dot)
    Nuclear (1 dot)
    Aerial Battleships (1 dot)

That's 12 dots and 4 Scylla actions, which is maybe stretching it? I could drop Scylla Grade Augments, but I feel like hacking/spiritual attack protection seems somehow important. 6 Erik actions as well. 2 Reactor Taps total to avoid red-lining. I saw

And assume that means using more than 4 Scylla actions is too much. Otherwise I'd save myself 2 dots on Flight Systems/Cloaking and get straight to Cloaked Firing, and probably burn that on extra durability, I guess. Also trying to maximize building capabilities while getting sufficient defensive/mobility options for now.

Looks quite good there, to be honest. As for birthrights, Erik's effectively made the mecha, machinery, and innovation stuff even possible for the Norse Pantheon, though there's not much in actual purviews yet. He still has all access to his stuff, however, as a God. He's just stuck as a demi-god for this campaign, with Gaia eating away at power and attempting to drag him by force to the Other Side of the World constantly.

So he's down to 7 levels, because if he forces himself to use skills higher, he's going to have to ascend back to being a full God. And then will get dragged, kicking and screaming, for his troubles.

If they're under a single bunch of upgrades, Scylla's building them in all as a free action together for the entire grouping, however. And yeah, cloaked firing is a useful upgrade. Now you all get why it took so long to put this chapter out, huh? 5 and a half pages of writing this upgrade list out... ugh.

You put Concept Boosting as 0, I noted, so good job on realizing that's utterly broken for Erik as a whole. And yes. In terms of this, I realized after I wrote it, "Oh damn, I just made it so the only thing that costs 1 is the final upgrades, didn't I?!" Still, my issue is your gain. It's supposed to represent exactly how much easier it is with that blood affecting Erik.

Edit: Ah, right. And yes, he does own frost, since Uller's effectively gone. He has the full purview set as a God.

I mean, feel free to make the way the upgrade trees halve in cost be (sum of individual costs) / 2 instead. It'll make Concept Boosting cost 1 (3/2), and Kinetic Storage Boosting cost 2 (5/2). That seems more balanced to me, albeit it contradicts a couple of your examples. I then need to free up two points, via some 2 of the following:

• Losing Fuel-less flight for just Dash Systems/Augmented Flight Systems
    • Have Scylla get Cloaked Firing, dropping Scylla-Grade Augments for just Legion of Coal Augmentation (or taking 5 Scylla actions and praying)
    • Drop Kinetic Storage Boosting down to Kinetic Storage Core, which is only 1.
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; September 15th, 2020 at 06:15 PM.