Thread: Spirit Pulse : Mugen No Sekai [IC]

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rossweisse & Hiyori
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ Streets
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon

"...Feel free."

Ultimately, only Charlotte makes an audible response to Hiyori's request to push past her towards the coffee machine... Indeed, for a moment, both women had seemed almost surprised at your appearance, as if they hadn't actually expected you to go near them for one reason or another, but...

"Although let me warn you, they always raise the prices of drinks in places like this. Gotta make money wherever you can, a truth that all businesses ascribe too, unfortunately."

Charlotte recovers from this strange pause easily enough, her voice still that of a self assured scientist, warm and vaguely amused, like she found some enjoyment in the struggles of day to day life, but the other woman, this Keira...

"..."

...For some reason she makes you vaguely uncomfortable.

Of course it's hard to explain why... While her expensive taste in clothing made it clear she had money to toss around, she doesn't feel powerful in any supernatural sense, she doesn't feel like a Demon or a Tamer or anything like that, but a flicker of something bizarre had crossed her face for a moment, like a flicker of annoyance, although...

"..."

She goes back to smiling pleasantly right after, in a warm and motherly sort of way.

---Perhaps that was it?

She felt like the type that puts on fake faces?

Hard to say, she could just be annoyed at having her conversation with her friend (?) interrupted, what is clear though...

Is that your instincts...

Are almost insistent upon keeping an eye on her...

That, and...

She's wearing some strange sort of pin...

University Pin?

Regardless...

When it comes to Charlotte and scandals, well...

-A NEW HEAD - THE TURMOIL OF THE AKARANA FAMILY REACHES A FEVER PITCH-
    In a rather sad conclusion to last week's documentary on the declining health of the Akarana Family Head, it has been confirmed, by the family itself, that the legendary entrepreneur has passed due to complications in his health; succeeding him as CEO of Akarana Industries is his daughter, Charlotte Akarana, former head of the Electronics Division of the Family Business.

Of course, due to the turbulent nature of the family's relationships with each other, foul play has been suggested by a number of theorists online, especially because -as our readers know- Charlotte herself is the one that was reported to have found her Father collapsed in his mansion home on the outskirts of Aoyama, however, the new CEO has denied all truth in such "disgusting rumors," and explains her father's presence in Aoyama as the family's final attempt to use the natural healing atmosphere of the area to prolong his life.

After giving this statement, the young Akarana has refused to give more.

Her younger brother, Akarana Lloyd, has been similarly reluctant to answer the call of this reporter.

...This seemed to be the flavor of the day.

Or the past few weeks really, talk about how she was the main suspect in the murder of her father, although it was looking like nothing decisive really tied her to it either...

As for Charlotte herself, well...

After giving her little advice about the pain of vending machines prices, she...

"...Your Little Doll here is quite cute."

...Uses a familiar sort of term in reference to Hiyori...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse & Hiyori
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ Streets
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Charlotte
    "...Feel free.”
    ‘Thanks!’

As expected, the only ones who could make a sound after the casual atmosphere busting entrance of Hiyori was Hiyori herself and Miss Charlotte. Hiyori seemed to float casually in front of the coffee vending machine. She seemed to be thinking about which one to get

“Although let me warn you, they always raise the prices of drinks in places like this. Gotta make money wherever you can, a truth that all businesses ascribe too, unfortunately."
    ‘Mah mah. Ross doesn’t use her Tamer salary all that much anyways. She can afford a canned coffee or two! Let’s see… I think I’ll take a Chief cafe au lait and… hmm. Chairo-san coffee or Cuu coffee…’

While she wasn’t wrong, I do kind of wish she didn’t place it that way. Normally, I would grab my own drink while Hiyori took her sweet time to decide on which ones she wanted. However, I didn’t grab my drink because…

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Starbright
    "..."
    Miss Starbright… was still there and for a brief moment, she had a look of annoyance before switching it to a warm, motherly smile. However, I didn’t feel comforted or relaxed a little bit. Maybe if I knew Logan a bit more, I might have been able to relax a little bit… But I haven’t ever spoken to them, let alone know this is normal for Miss Starbright. So I can’t help but feel cautious about her as she was now aware of us. To the point where I unconsciously started analyzing her… She wasn’t dressed as nicely as Miss Charlotte, she didn’t give off the feeling of a strong tamer like a Rothschild, or even unnatural like a demon. The only noteworthy thing was that she was related to the University of Central Florida… University of Central Florida? I won-

"...Your Little Doll here is quite cute."
    While I was off in my own little world trying to look into Miss Starbright discreetly, Miss Charlotte approached me suddenly.

“Little Doll? Oh you mean Hiyori? I’m sure she’ll be happy to hear that from you. She likes getting compliments after all. Umm… If it’s not too much trouble, do you mind talking to her sometime? It doesn’t necessarily have to be now, or even after your lecture.”

Meanwhile, it looks like Hiyori was finally making her return trip from the coffee machine with her second coffee being the Cuu Kona coffee.

Eva Ellet
    Saint Vivienne ~ Dormitories
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

Unsettling.

That was the word Eva had originally ascribed to this unusual encounter. It had seemed appropriate at the time, for the sense of unease that she felt.

But now, she knew unsettling was no longer apt. The feeling had deepened, intensified, changed- and she knew what this new sensation was called.

— Fear.

Fear itself was not new to her - there were many things that Eva would, reluctantly, admit that she was afraid of. The prospect of chasing after the unknown culprit in this strangely dark atmosphere for example, or perhaps her mother.

What was unusual here was that she was afraid of fighting this thing. Eva was a combat android- while she didn’t believe she was by any means amazingly powerful; she did have a certain degree of pride in her combat abilities. They were part of her existence, after all. This was the first time she was not only unsure about winning, but actually worried for her existence.

It wasn’t a welcome sensation.

This doppelganger of hers had abilities that were very clearly threatening to her, to a degree that she was wholly unprepared for. And while its motives were unknown, Eva would not be surprised if it intended to destroy her. There was probably no backup arriving if anything went wrong.

And so, Eva did what any young girl would do when faced with a fear they were unused to.

-She called for help.

It was an instinctual decision rather than a rational one- her guardian angel, Diari, had belonged to her original. Since the events that had led to Eva receiving her didn’t seem to have happened in this world, it would reason that Eva didn’t have access to Diari anymore. Thinking it over rationally, it wasn’t a smart move to make.

And thus, to her surprise, Diari appeared as called.

Trying her best to seem composed in the face of her earlier panic, Eva only thought of a single thing to say to her unexpected companion.

“Chains.”

Thankfully, Diari seems to understand what she was called for, and after giving a nod, begins to prepare a concentrated Magarula to break them. Likewise, Eva also began to prepare Agidyne. She had no idea if it would be effective- Eva herself was very resilient to fire, and Diari’s offense wasn’t particularly high as a guardian angel…

… but if nothing else, the sight of someone else here made her feel a little safer.

Wise up!

Name: Eva Ellet
    Comp Heat:
    0/10 (Vented) -> Comp Heat: 3/10
    When Eva is in combat mode (ready to fight seriously and hasn't been caught off guard) she gains the passive stat benefits of all three COMP types, in essence, when fighting, her base stats are effectively:

Strength: A
    Vitality: A
    Agility: B
    Sense: C
    Resistance: C

Auto Skills
    - Judgement
    - Absolution

Spells:
    Auto da fe
    Spirit Chain
    Agi/Agilao/Agidyne (Used)

Bufula/Mabufula/Marabufula
    Aura Shield
    Sukukaja

Comp Action:
    6.) Recall Demon/Summon Demon (COMP Action): Summon Diari to her side through use of the COMP's Demon Summoning Functionality. Cannot be used if the Demon is bound in some way. Cannot be used alongside other COMP Actions. (Used)

8.) Fortify Body (Armor-Type COMP Action): Negate the 'stun' chance of successful attacks that would target a user's weakness on this turn.

Name: Diari
    Class: Demon (Angel)
    Weaknesses: Curse
    Neutral: Everything Else
    Resists: Light

Stats
    STR: C
    VIT: E
    AGI: C
    SEN: D
    RES: D

Spells

-Baisudi-
    Removes basic elemental curses/natural afflictions from a single target. (Burn, Shock, Freeze). If the cause is supernatural, rank of the spell must be equivalent to or greater than whatever caused the affliction it in order to remove it.

-Diahan-
    Restores life-force of target. Does not remove poison, curses or other forms of supernatural affliction, but is capable of closing some wounds and restoring flesh at the current rank; things such as outright restoration of limbs are impossible at this level, but bleeding can be stalled momentarily.

Magarula (Used)
    Element: Force
    Conjures up razor winds to attack a designated area. General shape and size of the air-blades can be decided by the caster, but the strength of the blades themselves are determined by how much spiritual power was put into them (the spell rank.)

Special Traits
    -Guardian Angel-
    Not a warrior by nature, these angels are those who are said to be assigned to humans at birth; as a guardian angel, albeit one who's a bit lazy at heart, Diari bears the ability of passively healing her Summoner over time simply by being present alongside her on the battlefield...
    In addition, status effects that would ordinarily require the direct intervention of magic to resolve (those inflicted via a weakness) become possible to recover from over time instead; those that aren't have their duration lessened by a single turn.

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ Skies
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Noon

Matador...was cute.

That may not have been a typical response to a demonic skeletal swordsman wielding the power of death itself, but that didn't make it any less true. Raz was idly trying to decide if it would be more fun to arrange a rapid immersion in human culture or decline to do that for a moment to open up a wealth of in jokes to tease him with.

Probably be the former, no need to be mean after all.

"Greater heights is not today's objective I am afraid, it's the depths for us!" Raz said gaily, wind whipping his black hair around.

"Zerah, baby, I know I can't order you around and all, which makes sense because otherwise you would be in assless chaps right now, but do you think you could go make a report to the King? I would do it myself but I kinda get the idea I'm going to be busy for a bit. He is going to need to understand why I just emailed him about 80% of the code of a sentient AI God that I can only assume is currently trying to take over his COMP."

As to what Raz was going to be doing with his time? It was pretty simple. Logically he couldn't save everyone. An S ranked mission was such that stated missions of lower importance had to be delayed. One only had the seconds and minutes of the day. To choose to do one thing was to not do ten million other things. As any Tamer knew, whether or not they could admit it, saving one person meant not saving another. Maybe not saving hundreds of others.

Some denied this reality.

Some turned away from the truth.

Some went mad trying to save as many as possible and trying to overturn this ironclad law through sheer willpower.

Some iced away their heart and became machines who prioritized only cold logic.

Raz did none of these things. He simply accepted the guilt as a payment for having power most didn't. Save who you can and grieve for those you cannot. Cherish smiles, hate tears. Know that you cause both in turn through thought and action.

Therefor...Raz's reaction was simple. The World beckoned, pretty as a dew drenched flower filled field. A battle he did not understand and wanted nothing to do with below. But all that meant little because...

...Because...?

"Because I walk away from a pretty face baby, and if you are going diving, I'll race you in! Shall we try skinny dipping next time?!"

Raz answered his own train of thought aloud. AT first he had thought she must be some kind of fan. It wasn't the first time he had seen someone get so nervous the words wouldn't come. But now he doubted it, or at least had some questions. No fan of the Bard would ever expect him to walk away from danger, leaving another to face it in his stead.

Such went against every knightly vow he had ever sworn!

Instead he flipped the stage upside down, blasted his theme song, and after looping twice to build up speed, sent himself careening into the deepest part of the shining lake!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Rossweisse & Hiyori
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ Streets
    11/16/2026
    Afternoon

"Talk?"

Charlotte raises an eyebrow at the request.

Of course this is only natural, considering the time and place of this little meeting, as well as the apparent scandal this woman is undergoing, it'd be the natural reaction for her to probably assume the worst about your intentions... No matter the age, the public is never the biggest fan of those accused of a cold-blooded murder, and even if the charges are ultimately dropped in the court of law, the existence of the accusation itself is one that often casts a permanent shadow on those who have been touched by it, nevertheless...

She glances at Keira, who simply shrugs and smiles before she speaks, her expression that of a gentle mother now in spite of your instincts.

"They seem harmless enough to me."

She says gently, smiling at the both of you in turn.

"But if you're here to bother her about that media nonsense, I'm afraid I'll have to ask the both of you to leave. Charlotte is one of my ever-so-cute nieces, so I won't sit back and watch any more bad press."

She says it sweetly, and indeed there's nothing threatening about her tone of voice...

But the words themselves are serious, even so-!

"Cute...?"

Charlotte rolls her eyes like a bit of a bratty teenager, but doesn't actually deny the connection either...

"I haven't been cute since I was five, although my fifth birthday was probably your last visit to see me too before all this, huh?"

---Oof.

Keira frowns, but otherwise doesn't flinch at the surprisingly blunt verbal jab-!

"That was all your father, dear."

For a moment, the two lock eyes again, the conversation becomes a bit painful to even exist near, then-

"...That does sound like him."

It deflates, as she turns her attention away from the woman back to the two of you.

"Well putting all that aside, sure, I can chat with the little doll a bit."

She crosses her arms and leans back further against the wall...

"...Although if it is about the current media circus I will be quite upset, but if not, ask away."

Surprisingly agreeable?

Although now it feels like...

Two people are trying to figure the both of you out...
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Logan Starbright
    SLEIPNIR - Hallway (Outside the Hangar Bay)
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

The more you talk to others, the more confusing everything seems to become about this apparent alternate reality. This other Logan seemed to know quite a few people, some you had never met, some who had seemingly been lost to you, and even seemed to have relatively positive experiences with everyone, but...

It also feels like a lot.

Genetic experiments, apparent clones of siblings, Eliza's presence in a very non-Avalon location, this Providence entity, the existence of other Worlds to start with...

It's enough to threaten a migraine, so...

Probably best to just focus on one thing at a time... Perhaps that will lead to answers on it's own?

To that end, as the air becomes thick with the scent of spices and Eliza reaches into her pocket dimension and starts fiddling with what sounds like an oven-

“How has the SLEIPNIR treated you, Eliza?”
    -you hit her with this question, a simple inquiry.

"..."

For a moment, she doesn't respond to it.

The mischievous smile she had been wearing since the out-of-nowhere ear incident had flickered to something more thoughtful, a frown crossing otherwise perfect features as she seems to recall some sort of distant, unpleasant memory before-

"Well, Lucia and I got into a fight."

She says dryly.

"Part of why I came here was to see her, have a bit of a family talk... And she took a swing at me in the simulator."

She sighs.

"Not the first time... Probably should have figured she was gonna do that when she only agreed to meet me there, but..."

Another sigh.

"Sibling relationships eh? Complicated stuff."

She chuckles.

"Everything else has been alright, I came here once or twice as a kid... So it's got a bit of a nostalgic feel to it... Although it's a bit quieter than I remember, especially at night..."

She frowns harder.

"There's never any noise from midnight till 6 am... Although I guess even you guys have to sleep sometime, eh?"

Midnight to 6 AM huh?

There's no curfew really, so that seems a bit strange, still, before you can really think about it too much-!

'Aha! I got it! Take that door!'

Verity's voice appears in your thoughts, over a private RAILS line.

I won't lose to math! Get your nonsense paradox viruses out of here! Ahahaha, I'm the best!

She sounded rather excited, and a bit braggy (she was definitly the naturally braggy type once you got past the shyness) but more than that-!

But huh... You're busy out there right? Should I sneak in myself? Look around on my own while you distract her?

She also poses you a certain question...
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Eva Ellet
    Saint Vivienne ~ Dormitories
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

---Unsettling.

Unsettling was a good word for the feeling that figure invokes in you.

Most entities, supernatural or otherwise, do not do things for no reason... Even if demon-kind is known to be slightly more battle-hungry than other races, even they rarely fight for the actual purpose of hurting someone or something... For them, violence is a means to an end yes, but the violence itself isn't the point of the matter, to them, might typically just makes right, but for this thing...

The reason it's getting under your skin...

---It just wants to hurt you.

That's it.

That's the goal here, it just wants to hurt you.

Of course that's unsettling, it's a form of actual, pure evil-!

For Diari however... Things are perhaps a bit more bizarre...

Certainly her summoner had seen a number of things, had the fact that she had been placed into a new world explained to her, but for Diari, well...

Since she existed inside of your data space most of the time, it seems she had been carried along with you somehow? It's an occurrence that spits in the face of what one would assume were the rules of time travel, but this wasn't actual time travel was it?

A number of other things hadn't quite lined up right...

If Evita was the original Eva, why was her name Evita for one?

In this moment, these sorts of confusing thoughts exist alongside those that scream for survival, but soon enough...

Survival wins out.

Focus on the here and now, and worry about the metaphysics later-!

Wind breaks a chain's grip.

Fire gathers in your fist as the doppelgangers spell falls away to so many spirit particles, the burning light of a miniature sun casting dancing shadows all along this forested path... Your gunslinger 'ally' has yet to return from her own engagement, the sounds of gunfire long lost amidst a series of thunder cracks, and your opponent...

"..."

Does not show itself to you.

---You're sure its still there, that the shadow is still watching you, you can feel it even if you can't see it, but...

It's not... Doing anything...?

Was it looking for another spot to ambush you? Or...?

"...!"

Across from you, the bushes shake, naturally, you bite down on your nerve and prepare to defend yourself, but-

"Hah, finally... Caught up..."

The one who emerges from the bushes is not the deformed shadow, no...

"Are you okay? Did you catch her?"

It's Catherine?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Seaside Hotel ~ Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening
    Weather: Snowstorm

"Uwaaaaa-!"

In response to the glomp, the small girl becomes something of a flailing manifestation of arms...

It seems to be her natural reaction to being taken off guard, an unsurprisingly cute reaction, like how a cat might initially resist being pet before it realizes what's going on... Of course, it's only the first of notable things, perhaps more notable, at least to Lydia, would be...

That she has physical mass, or rather...

She had gained a tangible physical presence the moment she had touched the smaller girl...

There's no sign of it being a grand magic on the girl's part either, no sign of magic at all really, just the sudden feeling of gaining a solid form on touching her and thus being able to actually touch her. It's quite strange, but the girl doesn't draw any attention to it, indeed:

"I'm Burroughs!"

She simply introduces herself...

"Unit 003 of the ACS System!"

Then frowns slightly, though it's not aimed at you, more like...

At herself?

"What I was thinking about... I can't really say..."

---Naturally.

"It's all a mess of protocols! Can't break the rules or some things won't work... It's sorta like that..."

She explains, a bit sadly, like she was really sorry about being unable to tell you what she had been thinking about...

"But you said you were stranded? Hmm... Stranded?"

She tilts her head to the side...

And starts playing the piano again...

Was that...

Was that action her 'loading screen'...?

"Ah, SLEIPNIR can't get enough energy to start? Weird... Quite weird..."

---Somehow, she finds the problem right away.

"Won't find out why during the day, it pretends to be something else when everyone is awake. Quite sneaky."

She nods at you.

...Was this...?

Was this one of those vague supernatural being style hints...?

...Even the young ones do it now, huh?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Seaside Hotel ~ Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

Lydia, this girl is much more than she seems to be.

Yes. BUT SHE'S SO CUTE UWAAAAH~

Taking her precious time to softly squeeze the little girl's cheeks, Lydia has already used her new corporeality to provide a display of affection. She always was rather fearless, but this much seems to border more on recklessness or neglect of any danger.

Of course, it's highly unlikely that this hotel would willingly let entities enter that sought to disturb the peace within. This place, as far as the feeling it exudes at least, was a place of peace and comfort. A place for weary and lost souls to ease their burdens, before continuing their journey.

"Mhmm, correct. Based on the events so far, she has been active behind the scenes for quite a while. The Guiding Star Turning Truth to Fiction. However, it seems she needed to know about the ship's old defense systems first, before making any more blatant moves."

That's why the ship was attacked in the first place, a test to see about the defenses in place, specifically the older technology.

Carefully running his fingertips over the piano keys, lightly pressing some from time to time and letting their notes linger in the air, the boy continues to speak.

"However, things eventually ended up too personal... Caused a little bit of rebellion, but perhaps that's just how we Karlfeldts are. Unflinching, have to have things play out our way."

His mind lingers on LUCID as he states about how stubborn his family is, something it would seem they had maintained in some fashion.

Their usage of the ship's systems was too bizarre to be inexplicable... and so the Telepath quickly tied together various ends to make it make sense.

An enemy of old technology.
    That knew of the ship's systems.
    The one that revived LUCID.
    One that Lara and Sarah rebelled against as Ludwig ceased to be in the World.

Naturally, the conclusion goes unspoken in the presence of this mere child. An unknown factor, that while endearing and seemingly innocent, could well be an act of deceit.

...Though Lydia certainly didn't treat her the same way, having raised Burroughs up and spinning her about whilst Ludwig was focused on the piano.

"Weeeeheeee~ Sometimes you gotta break some rules, little B~~~"

In a way it's, astonishing how quickly she can be friendly with a complete stranger.

---Or wickedly false with them.

The boy can't help but smile, albeit pained. It's a welcome sight, seeing Lydia have the time of her life after what she had gone through, and this place was one where the pair could relax, if only a little bit.

Wait.

Why was she able to affect Burroughs at all?

"...Burroughs, what did you do to Lydia..."

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Seaside Hotel ~ Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"@_@"

An expression that comes across just as loudly as actual words...

Doing little (that is, nothing at all) to stop herself from being spun boldly around the room, it takes awhile for Burroughs to actually respond to any of your words and theories, indeed, the small girl sorta stumbles around with dizzy eyes for awhile, expression that of an actual dizzy emoticon in reality, before...

"I didn't... Do anything..."

She slaps her own cheeks, as it to shake herself out of her newfound stupor...

"That just happens around me sometimes... It'll wear off!"

She says a bit awkwardly, lightly scratching at her own cheek as if she wasn't sure if you were mad at her or not...

"Although I really can't break the rules... If I do, it won't work..."

She frowns.

"That... Person you were talking about is the same way... She can't do something that's actually impossible, she's limited to things that could have happened, no matter how unlikely it might be... She needs at least a fraction of a chance, she can't create events out of nothing-!"

...So she knows about Marlene?

Although in that case...

Had she not been talking about Marlene when it came to the ship...?

Something else was messing with it?
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Seaside Hotel ~ Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

"...You know of who I speak then."

That's remarkably different, compared to what happened previously with Chiyoko and Chronos. Those two almost seemed to haven't heard a word of when he discussed Marlene, or they were incapable of recognizing what had been said. Perhaps they simply chose to ignore it, though that would seem rather irresponsible on their side.

After all, this fourth Administrator was a threat comparable to what had held the world back from the material plane for millions of years.

Ludwig's eyes sharpen, honing in on the little girl.

"You said you were the third unit in the ACS System... Are too you an Administrator of the Quantum Dream World we're in then?"

Incapable of breaking the rules, that could well reflect back upon the nature of the World. The dream must be maintained for as long as possible, if the goal was to save other Worlds that existed outside of reality, but all the same eventually the dreamers must awaken. This of course meant that Marlene would remain unchallenged right until the end, which is troubling in all manner of ways.

She is not one to be trusted so easily.

But whereas the boy's guard returns to him, as his treatment of Burroughs changes, Lydia's demeanor is unaffected.

She gently places her hand atop Burroughs' head, stroking through the long silvery hair. Taking care not to get it tangled, the motions are graceful and elegant, yet warm.

For the first time, Lydia can feel real, genuine sensations flow back to her, as silky smooth hair threads move along with her patting. Burroughs' head bops about slightly, still affected by the spinning around she just went through, yet still she seems quite accepting of what is happening now.

Her eyes twinkle, if only slightly.

"Good girl. But you know little B, it's only bad if you're caught."

"Lydia, that's..."

...Actually, that's true. If the Administrators are confined to restrictions, all they need but do is be unseen about such matters. But in that regard, mankind held an advantage.

Because, even now, there is an ingrained certainty the boy holds. An unshaken truth, if one he can't well rely on.

Mankind is capable of overcoming the impossible. And as such, they held the potential to break the rules.

"You said the SLEIPNIR didn't have the energy. How would one grant it the energy it needs?"

A champion of Man therefore could do what these four mysterious Administrators could not...

...And what better symbol for such a figure, than that legendary ship that carried and raised heroes.

Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    Streets, Outside the Soba Shop
    11/16/2026
    Night, Thunderstorm

---His eye stays locked on you.

In spite of the threat of surging azure flames, of shattering street and supernatural fog all disappearing in the face of the conflagration, that shade continues to watch you with an emotion that can only be pity.

"..."

---It was all an illusion, of course.

There were some flaws in the shade's form, perhaps it talked a bit too much? Was a bit too good at the insults? But like a radio tuning itself to a particular station the longer it goes on the more accurate that form seems to become, the eye becomes sharper, a spitting image of that figure in the door of memory, but-

For you, it's already too close to the real thing-!

From above, you strike-!

From below, comes the sound of shattering glass.

It's like a broken mirror, pulverized glass, a dust like substance that kicks up into the air like so many snowflakes, the arm that had risen to take your attack early looking much like a cracked porcelain doll...

It's a shell of some sort?

Around that shadow body, around the skin of that body... A shell of something like glass?

Was this armor? Some form of supernatural armor?

ESP?

Not much time to think about it-!

Again, he pushes at your body.

With your attack having come from above, the force that equals your own, no surpasses your own throws your arms up and back, that broken-looking arm flicking some of that strange dust -the snowflakes that reminded you of your own flames- into your face in the same motion, and-

An immediate sense of pain.

It's like someone had thrown acid into your face.

As someone who was deeply entrenched in the supernatural world, someone with the blood of dragons literally inside of their veins, your existence has always been a firm one. Even those people that could hurt you physically or through magic can rarely cause you serious pain, rarely pain enough to actually stop and acknowledge it as pain, as something dangerous to the existence of the self, but...

Even the dragon feels it.

---No, to be more correct, the part of you that was a dragon feels it far more than the human part would have...

Your sight becomes a blur.

---From up ahead, the sound of something heavy and metallic can be heard but not seen through the sudden haze of watery color-!

Of the world through poisoned tears-!

"...!"

From behind, Noriko's breath catches in her throat.

A heartbeat later both move, at blindingly identical speeds, under the obvious influence of supernatural force.

One in defense, one in attack.

Stepping past you, a bullet slams into the wrist of the figure that had meant to cut you down where you stood, superhuman marksmanship, a gun with absolutely unreal stopping power, and a follow up strike to the wrist diverting a blow borne out of sudden aggression towards you-!

---For one reason or another, Noriko sees whatever the man had been holding as an absolute threat.

That is why all actions go towards making him drop it, that is why she kicks it away even after that, as if him not having that blade was more important than anything else, and that is why, at the speed of their exchange-

"...Guh-!"

She can't avoid the hand that goes for her throat.

---A choking sound.

Right in front of you, as your vision returns and finally regain your balance...

That is what you see, that is what you hear...

That shadow holding your sister aloft by her neck, uncaring of her struggles or it's own -shattered and dangling- other arm and just...

Staring at you.

"..."

No more words.

Like a revived murderer that had existed in this town long ago, a bad memory made manifest...

A long forgotten nightmare.

Not just your own...

That of many other people.

That One-Eyed Man just stares at you.

Waiting amidst a swirling, poison blizzard...

OEM

Stats

STR: A
    END: A
    AGI: A (?)

Ability

-ESP: Snowfall (Shattering Dragon Scales)-
    The reason for the odd nickname of One-Eyed Man by those who have witnessed his ability. On the outside, it seems to be nothing but a cosmetic embellishment, a strange act of nature that happens whenever One-Eyed Man is damaged. However, the truth is far more sinister than this...

The form of One-Eyed Man’s ESP is that of a thin layer of scale-like armor that covers his skin, ordinarily making it appear paler than it truly is, although the current manifestation seems to lack this aspect due to the nature of it's existence. While this ‘armor’ offers some protection against attacks, it is not its true purpose. Instead, it is made to chink and shatter upon the attacks of the enemy, and then disperse into air. The fragments of these scales become a snow-like dance of particles around the battlefield, encasing both One-Eyed Man and his opponent(s) under their veil. The more he is damaged, the more One-Eyed Man releases these particles, to the point where it seems like a veritable, gentle blizzard is raging around the fighters.

While these particles do not affect One-Eyed Man himself, for his opponents, these particles are a dangerous threat. Whenever coming into contact with someone else, whether it be by touch or digestion, they act almost like a poison towards supernatural beings. Be it spirits of ESPers, this ‘snow’ dampens their abilities and makes them grow weaker as long as they remain within their sphere of influence. Even if the opponent escapes the snowfall, they still need time to flush their system of this poison. It is a highly dangerous substance towards anyone other than the One-Eyed Man, and thus makes it more akin to ash with the appearance of snow.

Noriko (?)

Stats

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: A

Equipment

-Kresnik-
    Spiritual Armament. The Kresnik seems to be a heavily modified Smith and Wesson Model 500 double-action revolver. Named after her Persona -and seeming to bear a special connection with it- the Kresnik has been modified to have a traditional 6-shot cylinder as opposed to the Model 500's original 5-shot cylinder, as well as extra barrel beneath the first in order to allow double shots.

As it is not a COMP, it has no onboard A.I intelligence and cannot cast program-type spells, but it does seem to be able to act on it's own on occasion...

Persona Skill

-Put On Your Mask-

Ability to overlay a certain 'image' over oneself, commonly used by Persona Users to take on the statistical abilities and attributes of their Persona onto their own bodies in the absence of a Harmonizer. As Noriko is not a traditional Tamer, use of this ability is common during supernatural battles, and unlike a Harmonizer it cannot be broken through repeated magical damage. [Further Information Unknown]
    Last edited by Airen; April 1st, 2022 at 01:17 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Raz Stone
    Aoyama, Tokyo ~ Skies
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Noon

"Report to the King?"

Zerah frowns.

There's a lot of concerning things in your statement of course... While he had seen (and arguably been the muscle to slay) the aforementioned Machine God, this bit about mailing potentially catastrophic information to the leader of the Knights of the Round was certainly a new one, but...

You are not the sort to wait for others to make up their minds.

Even as Matador goes to the back of the stage (presumably in preperation for the upcoming two flips and a dive) the woman down below, the dark-haired one in the skintight suit, seems to recognize some sort of error in her plan after a few moments (and after looking up at the still spider-webbing sky, and then over at the lake that was getting far, far too bright) not because any such emotion shows on her face (because it doesn't) but rather because...

"...!"

The instant you start your first loop towards the lake, is the same moment as her newfound sprint for it's surface. She moves fast, remarkably fast, reiki jets emerging from her boots as a 'sprint' really becomes more of a 'fly,' but...

Well a race is a race-!

A knight couldn't just let someone wander dash into danger alone, and so the slingshot into the depths of a starlit lake is designed to thrust you and everyone that hasn't managed to bail into the depths of that bizarre golden light at sonic speeds-!

---She can't really beat a vehicle in a race.

It's not that a Tamer couldn't feasibly do it... But more that she can't, that her momentum won't sink her into it's depths as fast as the stage will even with a head start...

Indeed, she almost seems to trip at the lake's edge, throwing herself forward in a bizarrely desperate move, as if it was that important that she reach the lake before you do, and-!

If that was the goal of her personal race, then she certainly does succeed...

Even with only a single hand landing in the water, the lightest of touches across the surface of a far too still lake, she does manage to touch it before you can and when she does...

---A liquid black ripples across it's surface, changing the harsh gold to a still darkness, like someone putting color dye in a glass of water. It overtakes the blue swiftly, so swiftly that the surface has already been covered in the span of time between the end of your second loop and the launch towards the surface, and so-

-you do manage to see it.

The moment that still darkness comes to reflect some sort of upside down city.

A world on the other side of a pitch-black mirror...

The plunge allows no escape.

Certainly you've gone into the water, but now that water is like a vortex.

Spinning and spinning and spinning with all the ferocity of an underwater tornado, colors become little more than meaningless blurs, you lose track of everyone else as well as yourself, and then...

The water rushes in...

Or at least it feels like it does, overcoming barriers, covering the mouth and nose, squeezing the body like you were being forced through a tube that was far, far too small for you...

And indeed...

Perhaps that was the case?

It's hard to say for certain, just as it's hard to determine exactly what it was you had just been forced into diving into, but what is certain...

Is that it's a long, long time...

Before everything comes to a stop.

And when you do...

---}i{---

---It's with a crash.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blaise Pendragon
    11/16/2026
    Night, Thunderstorm

Hot, searing pain.

The poisonous snow seeps into his very bloodstream.

It's like acidic fire that makes every pain receptor in his body flare up in agony.

He cannot stop it.

The boy, as much as he tries to fight back, ends up only squirming and screaming in pain.

On the ground.

Pathetic.

The venomous snow, a mimicry of the curse of the White Dragon of Albion, overtakes his body and for a moment, he can only sense anguish. His brain heats up and melts. His skin dissolves. His bones scream. His nerves shrivel up. It's the worst possible pain he could imagine, and then it goes past that pitiful limit of imagination. Truly, it is the worst kind of hell, one he could have never even conjured up with his measly 17 years of experience. The flakes, the scales, they dig deep and dig true, until there's nothing but the pain.

The only thing he hears is the heartbeat that deafens his every sense. Vision, smell, taste, touch, and of course... hearing.

--- The only place he can retreat to is the very core of him.

That heart of a dragon. A reactor of magical energy. A pin of pure supernatural skewering the canvas of everyday life. The singularity of his existence. And there, he only hears his own heartbeat. No, he doesn't even hear it. He senses it, the vibration. That's the only thing allowed to him, if he wants to keep his sanity.

And it that moment... he saw it.

Blaise's eyes focused on it.

The absolute nightmare he saw before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Noriko
    "...Guh-!"
    The illusion, the enemy, grasps his sister with one working arm, squeezing tight and threatening to break the skin and bone of that pale neck.

It holds her off the ground, giving no quarter. There is no mercy to be found in that existence of natural terror.

It's his nightmare. It's his worst nightmare.

And after taking the form of the man he
    fears
    hates
    the most, it...

... It went on to do the next logical thing.

--- Touch his sister.

--- Hurt his sister.

--- Kill his sister.

It truly was the manifestation of the things he feared the most. In that moment, Blaise felt absolutely naive for having even entertained the thought that he could have shrugged away everything the creature could have thrown at him. It wasn't something as mundane as he had thought up. No, this was something that wrenched open the scars within his heart. It burrowed deep, without the care of his anguished screams. It took the form of the one who haunted his thoughts whenever he was alone, and it went on to do the things he never wanted to experience.

His sister was about to die.

------------- And there was nothing he could do.

... Hey, Blaise?

What are you going to do about it?

If you don't do anything, she'll die, y'know?

Noriko will lose her life.

If you stay there, writhing on the ground, you'll lose the one person in the world who was always by your side, no matter what. The person you promised yourself you would die for. The person whose smile made your day. The person whose presence gave you strength even when the fear of the world around you made everything crash down.

She'll die.

And there's nothing you can do about it.

Not as you are right now.

So... Blaise?

What are you going to do?

--- The white-haired girl, sitting next to him, dressed in an old-fashioned yukata asked him that.

The moon was close.

And she asked him that.

With a cheerful, mournful voice.

That girl who had been his ■■■■■ asked him that.

And Blaise...

--------- Finally accepted what must happen.

"[Transferring Administrator Privileges to the Original System Administrator.]"

A sharp, cold, elegant voice rang out in the night.

"[Confirmed.]"

It was a familiar voice. A female voice.

"[Overriding previous commands.]"

A voice he knew very well.

"[Confirmed.]"

Yet which sounded like that of a stranger.

"[Executing Rank B Administrator Command. Overriding safety protocols. Overriding emotional lock. Overriding trauma-based firewalls.]"

It was the voice of his partner, from childhood to adolescence.

"[Confirmed.]"

Someone stepped right next to him. Geta sandals hit the asphalt with a loud clack.

"[Executing...]"

Something out of this world cut the night.

A hand, like a blade, cut the very fabric of the world.

It created a tear in the Layer of Rules they all followed.

World's logic was shattered, just for a moment.

And by who?

Kaguya.

With shining eyes of pure white, she stood there, tall and proud, having cut the air above the boy.

And from that cut... flowed something.

A cloth.

Pale and blue.

Beautiful.

"Forgiveth me, milord. I hath answered thine predicament in a tarry manner, unbefitting of mine self."

The AI spoke in an archaic manner that was far cry of it's usual brazen nature. These words, this tone, was full of respect, reverence and elegance. Like a princess or a noble of a kingdom of some place far away.

"Prithee, thou mayeth express thine distaste for mine self later. 'Tis a conundum that requirereth thine attention promptly, however."

She knelt besides the boy.

"Thusly, don thine noble regalia. It art thine only option."

And thus the cloth fell further.

They danced.

Ofuda and elegant feathers.

A swirling dance to signal the changing of fates. The changing of nature. The changing of rules.

A sign most high.

A beautiful cloak, or perhaps a kimono, perhaps a yukata... it slipped through the cracks of world's authority.

The boy, as if in a trance, picked himself up from the ground.

And knelt. Bowing his head. As if waiting.

And with furl of Kaguya's hand, the cloth was set upon his shoulders.

Akin to a mantle.

A regalia.

A truth.

"Mine self welcomes thee, milord. Thine awakening hath been long awaited. 'Tis a joyous occasion to be sure. However..."

The maiden of ceremonies narrowed her eyes at the nightmare.

"There seemeth to be an unwanted guest in thine presence. Thou should dealt with it thusly, lest it stains this momentous lunar light."

With those words, the young man rose from his kneeling position. There was no more hesitation in him. No more fear. No more hatred. No more questions.

It was as if the weight of the world, and of himself, had been lifted from his shoulders.

No, more than that...

As he rose up to his feet... the moon rose as well.

Not the sickly green moon of this nightmare land.

But the true moon, pale and beautiful.

And with it...

"Om abogya beiroshanō, makabodara mani handoma, jinbara harabari tayaun."

Came the change.

The young man stood tall, the cloth of lunar authority on his shoulders.

His right hand was held upright, and the palm is facing outwards -
    Gesture of Fearlessness
    Abhayamudra

His left hand was held out, with palm uppermost and the fingers pointing downwards -
    Gesture of Boons.
    Varadamudra

His mouth spoke the words.

"Namu Amida Butsu."

And on his face was... an expression most different.

Utter serenity.

Absolute tranquility.

No earthly concerns touched it.

No earthly thoughts touched it.

No earthly fears touched it.

And thus, the maiden next to him called out the true name of this separation.

Cut Away All Vexation
    "Ten'nyo no Hagoromo."

He took a step forward.

Like a void of everything, moving forth.

And with him, the moon moved.

A Robe of Lunar Authority.

With him, Another World encroach upon this one.

And the one who wore it...

"........................."

Had been completely separated from all Concepts of Earthly Origins.

"..........!"

Without any warning, he surged forth.

Two hands, moving along the dragon paths, struck towards the hand holding Mochizuki Noriko - to free her and destroy the appendage.

And on the face of the attacker...

Utter.

Absolute.

Terrifying.

Peace.

Blog Entries
    --Land of the Stygian Priestess//Ruina--
    "Nightmare Eyes"

WARNING!!

WARNING!!

24 HOURS UNTIL HELL HOLE EMERGENCE

---

Raz Stone
    Abandoned Building ~ ???
    ??/??/????

---When Raz Stone finally awakens after the latest of his reckless escapades, it's to a chaotic symphony of sensory input.

Harsh winds roar through the confines of a clearly broken and dirty building, accompanied by the constant sound of rain pelting on windows, of thunder that sounds so loudly and clearly that it's almost like the lightning bolts themselves are striking just next your ears. Your whole body hurts, not too much of a surprise considering how your last memories before losing consciousness involved hurtling out of what had seemed like a blue sky at speeds that make you a bit sick to think about, but...

Nothing seems to be broken, and...

You're still holding the DTG, hand clasped around it in that death grip so associated with Weapon-Type COMP Users. The DTG himself seems... Fine, considering it had clearly just been in a definite vehicular accident right along with you, still a babbling mess trying to make sense of eldritch texts of course, but aware enough that your various status screens are screaming some sort of innate warning at you, some sort of 24 hour countdown until some sort of "Hell Hole" thing opened up... It's not a term that actually means anything to you beyond the surface, and considering even moving a little bit sends waves up and down your body, it is perhaps not the most pressing of concerns at the moment...

Yes, for instance...

You can't see the stage at all, you can't feel it at all and even the DTG's link to it is busted...

Or rather, it reads Out of Range.

Which was... Concerning...

There is a fire nearby, one made inside the depths of a barrel, and a tarp seems to have been placed over you in your sleep... Considering the circumstances of your earlier plunge, it seems obvious that whoever made this fire and found you a makeshift blanket must have been one of your allies, and indeed...

"..."

---Matador is nearby.

The skeletal demon is looking out the window five meters or so to your left, it's own condition far more favorable than your own, or if not, the demon was doing a way better job at pretending it hadn't just been in the supernatural equivalent of a plane crash...

"Heh heh..."

It turns towards you, perhaps as a result of sensing your eyes on it's form? It's bones clatter in the winds, and...

"...I must say, Bard of the Golden City..."

It's smile widens, in spite of the situation...

"That trip through space-time was rather... Rattling..."

---Why are demons like this?
    Last edited by Airen; April 5th, 2022 at 04:49 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Blog Entries
    Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Seaside Hotel ~ Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia
    "Good girl. But you know little B, it's only bad if you're caught."
    A wicked sort of advice, definitely that of a bad influence on a child, however...

"That is true most of the time, yes."

Burroughs does agree with the statement, looking up at the both of you with wide designed-by-god to be adorable eyes...

"But I would know, that means I would be caught. I can't get away with it."

She nods decisively, as if to stress this point to you, her head bopping about in an energetic sort of manner that doesn't quite fit her apologetic tone of voice...

"If I am to function as the Observer, I must be impartial to events. If I interfere too much I would become a part of the story and lose the ability to fulfill my purpose."

She states it plainly but logically, very much like an A.I, in spite of her childish manner of appearance...

"Even talking to you like this toes the line of things... But the nature of these sorts of places means I can get away with a little more, under the guise of prophetic dreams..."

She sounds apologetic, voice getting a bit lower, and looking at Ludwig like the change in his behavior has been noticed and marked in her mind as different somehow...

Perhaps she was sensitive to emotional changes? Or was this just that ability of kids to understand when adults aren't being entirely sincere in their behavior?

Hard to say, but...

"...That's also why I can't be any clearer about your question than what I already told you, the World allows prophecy through dreams, but the subconscious is a mess at the best of times... And this is not the best of times..."

She blinks.

"Won't find out why the SLEIPNIR won't move during the day, it pretends to be something else when everyone is awake."

Then repeats her earlier words without blinking, as if trying to burn them both into you with her gaze...

But considering her height and general appearance, well...

It's like being stared at by a particularly verbose puppy.

"Gotta get rid of it. See?"

----

Aster
    Saint Vivienne ~ Nightmare
    11/16/2026
    Monday - Evening

“Regardless…” Aster trails off, not sure of what she wants to say. Right now she’s mostly playing it by ear. “Even if your existence makes you distant from mankind, there’s bound to be some idiot who’ll try to reach out. And relationships are complicated little things, anyway. Might as well take all your experiences with us as genuine as they can be, you know?”
    Ah, if only it were that easy.

Humans are nonsensical creatures. There's always an angle when it comes to their relationships, the connections that tie them all together aren't simple straight chains, it's a spider-web, a storm of connections that are never quite as simple as they appear, especially when one of us seems to have stabbed all the others in the back, still...

"I guess it's easier to live assuming other people aren't trying to use you like a tool," I say, sighing aloud to myself as I find myself paying a bit too much attention to the words of someone that is probably just gonna forget me anyway, "Well then, if I take all the experiences as genuine, then I guess I had a few friends, once upon a time."

I shrug, mostly for my own sake.

"But can I ask this? Would you really be willing to honor the connections of a you you don't remember?"

I poke her with this question, actually curious about the answer...

"I could just be lying, you know? And even if I'm not lying, memories are a big part of who people are... If you can't remember me, you shouldn't feel any obligation to try to be my friend just because I say we were once..."

Why am I asking this?

Even I don't really know, I'm just...

"I am a monster after all, I look like a human, but once upon a time, I saw people like you guys as nothing more than characters in a story. I uh... Deserve this curse, most likely. Cosmic Karma."

----

Cosmos Fairchild
    Skies, Towards the Atmosphere
    12/22/2026
    Evening

A lance of light joins the visual of a shattering sky.

While you cannot be sure exactly what it is Sofia had meant by her words, the nature of the situation means that hesitation is not an option-! The bizarre nature of your enemy has thrown all involved up towards the broken sky, moving at a pace that will easily allow you to leave the planet and be cast out into space.

You lack the technology to survive such as thing, Alyx and Mary don't seem particularly suited for finding themselves outside of Planet Earth either, so-!

Surrounded by light, you decide to believe in yourself, in Sofia, in Alyx, in the Mother that was standing steadfast against an impossible attack, and-!

---After a few moments, stars come into view.

Stars alongside a shattering sky, a broken sort of visage that makes it seem almost like your eyes are actually what is broken; alongside the ascent to such things comes a sudden chill and the dullness of sound, the lack of oxygen in the beginnings of space rendering audio waves indistinct, turning a cataclysmic clashing of two different grand magics, a hell of chaotic explosions, cracking rock and whirling air...

Into a silent fireworks show.

---It becomes hard to breathe quickly.

You're not quite in space yet -likely the mesosphere instead due to the chills- but it's only a bit away now. It's a surreal sort of scene, like something from one of your nightmares, a glimpse at the stars, the sheer unknown depths of the cosmos that come across as both horrific and...

Nostalgic?

...Nostalgic?

Was that right?

Yes... That's right.

Now that you thought about it...

Spoiler:
    The stars had looked just like this from Arcadia, hadn't they?

That's because it wasn't that far away really, not in the terms those people would use anyway.

Same Solar System, easy trip.

Didn't do you much good while you were captured, but-

The smell was distinct.

That's right...

Pleasant, sweet-smelling welding fumes.

---You shake it off.

Bizarre memories that have no place here in this moment, bizarre memories that do not help you now, now that space is so close, sound is so quiet, air is so absent, head is so light, and where-

A certain satellite cannon fires at it's target.

There is no sound accompanying it, just the burning heat of a weapon from the Old World, something that had also seen use against a certain enemy in the past.

Temperature spikes.

Light is swallowed into light and everything becomes light as your retinas are shocked into submission, momentarily blinded by a light that would shred the eyes of anyone that looked in it's direction.

Momentum reverses.

Up becomes down.

In the heights of the mesosphere, familiar arms wrap around you and you plunge together, accompanied only by the sounds of a shattering sky and wings beating against the winds screaming in your ears-

---

Cosmos Fairchild
    Rose Cross Headquarters - Inner Gardens
    Monday - Morning
    11/16/2026

For those members of the Rose Cross that were assigned directly to the Vatican City, the concept of daily patrols was one that was almost entirely unneeded from an entirely practical point of view. Unlike the other Tamer organizations, who often recruited demons into their ranks on a singular basis, the Rose Cross had started off with what seemed to be the entirety of the Heavenly Host at their disposal, and as a result...

In this city at least, there was next to no chance of any sort of violent crime that would not be immediately stopped by the surrounding angels. Of course, it wouldn't be correct to say that all of the angels were here in this city -a number of them had been sent out to support subsidiaries of the main organization- but there were certainly enough here that direct human intervention was not strictly necessary.

Even so, you continued on your daily patrols regardless.

The world -while mostly adjusted to the presence of magic- was still in what one could call a transitory period; the presence of angels in the skies around the city was one that many people would perceive as stressful due to the lack of a human element, and as a result, the human tamers made a point of showing themselves around the city on a daily basis. It wasn't quite as grand a task as the more uncommon missions, but it was one that was just as important in the grand scheme of things; Tamers were not just police, they were reassuring symbols of a sort, proof that humanity had grown far beyond what they had used to be, and for that reason alone you could say they were good for the mentalities of the civilians, a much more obvious 'human element' that they could see with their own eyes.

Even so, now that your own patrol has ended (and a certain sister of yours has started her own), the next step in your daily routine is one that is somewhat less concerned with the populace at large.

Namely, you are going to visit your mother.

While your opinion might be biased for obvious reasons, Mary had always seemed approachable to you in a way that few others could replicate, and went out of her way to ensure that she would always seem like that sort of person to others. Naturally kind and charismatic, she is the sort of person that can easily inspire loyalty in others; and while many of the other faction leaders achieve similar results by joining their Tamers on the battlefield, Mary is one of the few who seems to go out of her way to spend time with and look out for them during the more normal parts of their day to day lives.

---Of course, such things mean that she is commonly busy.

While she rarely participates in battle herself, her general charity towards others becomes quite a time-sink when combined with her actual administrative duties, and as a result, it's hard for you to really just see her whenever you'd like... It's understandable, she's easily one of the most important people in the world from an objective point of view, and yet she had noticed your silent pinings and set aside an hour every day, where she would just sit outside in the inner gardens and have some tea. This was the usual family time during her more busy periods...

Although it wasn't always just the two of you.

Sometimes Alyx and Alisa came by as well, but you had passed the two of them on the way here, so it seemed like it would just be the two of you today, and-

And...

And... What...?

This was... Sorta familiar wasn't it?

Wasn't there a french term for that?

Deja vu?

But why?

Why were you feeling it so strongly all of a sudden...?

And why were you... Hearing the sound of a staff in your head?

Tapping patiently on the ground...?

---Suddenly it hits you.

Everything hits you.

Both of you.

Yourself and Ilia...

Every memory, from your meeting with Kenji and Mary in the Garden (on a day that felt very similar to this one) up until your confrontation with Chokmah in the skies above a vacated Vatican...

What...?

What's going on...?

---

Blaise Pendragon
    11/16/2026
    Night, Full Moon

---Moon shines down.

Pale and bright, a manifestation of silver light that parts the storm and shines down on the depths of a nightmare. It shines brightly amidst a black steel sky, it's appearance not so much shattering the false viridescent moon as overwrite it completely, transforming the storming sky into a pitch black night without stars.

---It shines alone.

But it shines immaculately, in a manner that is clearly beyond the scope of your power alone; summoning of a thing that is not from the Earth, a different World entirely, not the illusion of the Full Moon, not a false replica of the Full Moon generated by Magic, but the true presence of the Earth's sibling, shining down in the depths of a World of Dreams.

Celestial object.

Earth's constant companion, one shrouded in duality, of the face that shines down on the planet and that which turns away from it.

Blistering warmth and incomprehensible cold, an alien reality that at times feels like it might be able to be understood...

That is what has appeared here, dream or not, nightmare or not, possible or not.

---Moon shines down.

It's only the second time you've ever cast this spell, but without fail, just like last time...

It draws her attention.

That person that had been your ■■■■■ .

One who continued to watch over you and yours, even if you had forgotten about it.

---Moon shines down.

Along with the moon comes the mantle, and with the mantle becomes an alien sort of peace. A headache you hadn't been able to feel comes to a stop, the strain of peering through the fog becoming as distant and inconsequential as that pain of the poison still in your body; the fear falls away, that which was natural falling the same as that which was induced, and then-

"..."

After a pause that seems to consume all, pause where even the shade, the illusion, moves it's gaze to the sky.

With a sound like a gunshot, all fighters move.

Law of the Moon
    Noriko Mochizuki
    shows no fear. Swinging her legs up and over the arm that has grasped her throat, that threatens to crush bones and tear through muscles, the woman mercilessly -almost like driven by lunacy- wraps her legs around the arm and towards the shoulder, a leaping arm lock -judo- that makes her intention of brutally shattering the elbow joint of the arm holding her clear, and-

You move to sever it entirely.

There is no way to avoid the storm of Albion's White Dragon, so you simply do not do so; pain appears but is irrelevant to the condition, to the mission, to the alien peace that puts worldly concerns on the back-burner and sees a shade as simply a shade, and-

"...!"

-you succeed-!

Arm spins into the clear night, sister sent flying along after it with the momentum of the shades attempted dodge, and you-

-find yourself back in the concrete again, propelled by the shade's headbutt sending you deep into the concrete of the streets,

But it doesn't matter.

It hurts, the poison had made it possible for the shade to easily hurt you on a physical level, but the pain itself was so irrelevant that you're already standing back up a heartbeat later, storm of white flakes surrounding you both -tearing into your skin- as the entity faces you with two destroyed arms -though they were healing- and a single eye...

Eye that can no longer disturb you.

"...Running to the girl you doomed, huh?"

It says, laughing, no longer bothering to keep up the pretenses, or perhaps...

Unable to do so now...

"She's forgiving for a false princess. Still protecting you after you stole her future..."

It laughs.

Such laugh can't bother you.

But it can-
    Spoiler:

Blood.

That was definitely blood.

Blood from a person that was far more fragile than they looked, blood from an accident, blood and paved streets and screaming, calls for the Mokujimas, for Chris to get your parents, to get ■■■■■■■, smell like iron in the air, because-

It was bad.

It was an accident, you hadn't meant to, but it was bad-

It was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad it was bad-

But she forgave you.

Not as easy to forgive yourself.

-trigger something.

Flash of unclear memory that comes and goes just as quickly...

But not to the depths of true repression, mud of the mind, it's simply...

Pushed back for awhile.

Uncovered in a state where it can't truly affect you properly.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Morning
    11/16/2026

The moment she realized what is going on, Cosmos Fairchild froze.

This scenery... this sequence of events... even though it felt like it happened a long time ago...

She remembers.

Against the rhythmic sound of a staff tapping against the ground, Cosmos Fairchild remembers.

Illia. What is today's date?

Sixteenth of November.

She looks around to ensure she's alone, even though her communication with Illia is happening entirely in her head.

Did you... remember everything, Illia? The fight against Chokmah... it happened, right?

Yes. At the very least, it happened to us.

Her heart starts pounding as deja vu and a sense of unease filled her entire being. Why is she back to this moment? Was she trapped in a time loop? No, that shouldn't be the case... she remembers what Aunt Alisa had said, that everyone is trapped in a dream together, so does that mean she wakes up? Is she in the real world now? Or is this yet another dream?

Her head hurts.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The sound of her staff tapping the ground sounds eerily like a clock in her head.

She wonders if Preciel is awake now.

But more importantly...

What do I do...?

Her mother would be talking with Mister Kenji if she's truly back to this moment, and she'd eavesdrop for a bit before Isaac comes around the corner, forcing her to reveal herself to avoid him. She'd volunteer to show Mister Kenji around to the hospital, he'd recommend her for the joint mission, she'd meet Miyu...

But now she has a clear mission. She has to go to the North Pole. So joining the joint mission is crucial, because if she remembers correctly it's about an investigation to a city that appears out of nowhere there. In that sense, retreading the same path might be okay up until the investigation to LOVELESS... As long as she doesn't jump into the fountain, then--

But do I have the luxury of time?

Should she hurry things up? Should she try to go there without waiting for the joint mission? Maybe she can enlist Mister Daniel and Miss Sofia for help, but the princess never did tell her the way to convince her in case this exact scenario happened...

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

You should at least continue and eavesdrop on Mary and Kenji for now, Cosmos. Makes sure everything really is as we remember it. Jumping to conclusions without solid evidence won't help anyone.

Right. One step at a time.

Where would she be without Illia?

Taking a deep breath to steel her nerves and prepare herself, Cosmos once again continues her walk. That brief pause meant she'd arrive a bit later than she originally did, but hopefully she doesn't miss much.

Right foot forward, left foot forward. Repeat until she reaches her destination.

--She could hear her heartbeat frantically ringing in her ears.

Why is she so nervous?

What is she afraid of?

Cosmos isn't sure herself.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Time marches forward.

Does she?
    Last edited by palad1n; April 7th, 2022 at 11:58 PM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Morning
    11/16/2026

---Bizarre.

This situation definitely comes across as bizarre, out of the ordinary, a scene that absolutely presents itself as a loop in time even though you are almost certain that is impossible... Time Travel is one of the grand phenomena, one of the so called 'True Magics,' so the idea that you had somehow slipped back in time so casually was...

Well, it was difficult to believe.

But Alisa had said all of this was a dream...? So was this also a dream?

Had that just been the dream?

Are you awake now? Still asleep? The thin line between both where delusions and fantasies lie?

---It's enough to prompt a migraine, even so...

One foot in front of the other, right left, right left, until you reach your destination... It's easy, right? It's not hard to walk somewhere, especially when you had practically been skipping towards your destination a moment ago, enjoying the myriad colors of the inner gardens, the pleasant flowery smell that you associated with peace and serenity, and yet...

There's a lot of hesitance in your footsteps.

Right.

Left.

Right.

Left?

What are you so afraid of?

The city around you seems to be perfectly fine, the sky is clear and blue and the atmosphere itself is just... Cheerful, and yet...

You move remarkably slowly, lost in your own thoughts, your own hesitance, and thus...

"Cosmos?"

...Someone who had been walking the same path as you, but someone that you had cleanly outrun the first time...

"What's wrong? Are you alright?"

...Catches up to you, voice as gentlemanly as always...

Yes.

It's Issac.

"You seem... Troubled."

---It must be written all over your face.
    Exodus (Complete)

Because of you.

Mugen No Sekai

Cosmos Fairchild
    Monday - Morning
    11/16/2026

Oh.

Oh no.

Has she been hesitating that much? Was she so consumed in her own thoughts that she failed to even avoid Isaac on the way? Now that their path has crossed, she couldn't just run and avoid him, could she?

For a few fleeting moments, she considered telling Isaac her predicaments and ask for his help, but Cosmos managed to stop herself just as she opens her mouth, closing it soon after; after all, she doesn't trust him, and Aunt Alisa had warned her to be careful in who she trust to share this information with...

But then, what should she do? The more time she waste here, the more likely she'll miss Mister Kenji and her chance to eavesdrop on his talk with her mother... Not only that, she might actually miss her chance to join the mission altogether!

She shouldn't be wasting her time here!

"It's... it's nothing. I was just lost in thought." She finally said while avoiding his eyes. "I'm in a hurry, so if you'll excuse me."

She bows before walking past the Ace of Rose Cross, quickening her pace and trying to empty her mind from all unnecessary thoughts.

Praying that Isaac will let her go.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Ludwig Karlfeldt
    Seaside Hotel ~ Lobby
    11/16/2026
    Monday ~ Evening

---The answer lies in the night.

So either the Commander must awaken to the truth, or Binit's influence must be dispelled through other means...

Any ideas on how to tackle either?

None worth mentioning. There's too many unknowns.

Skulking about with only the stars as a witness of one's actions, perhaps it's surprisingly fitting for a Rothschild Tamer. Aiding from the shadows... away from prying eyes.

Of course, one glaring issue with that is how Marlene had already caught Ludwig 'cheating' before, noting his existence as troublesome before he even realized the truth of the situation. As such, any half-baked subterfuge would be sniffed out instantly, thus rendering such efforts void.

He'd either have to be crafty, or fulfill his part without error to the point of surpassing the role he was supposed to play.

Ludwig's stone-cold gaze doesn't fade away as Burroughs becomes significantly more verbose, revealing that there's indeed much more to her than her appearance suggested. An impartial Observer within a quantum system, in other words her function was to be a witness of the events. The audience for which the script was to be played out, eventually making the dream into a reality through her.

Only, now there was another that had turned fiction into reality, or at least was able to pretend this function well enough to fool the world.

A different script was chosen, where Xanadu never uncovered the other worlds. Where they never learned of ceaseless torment and despair ridden stories that played out without end.

In order to save the other worlds, they needed to return to dreams as well...

"We slip beneath the pillow’s spell, and drift from heaven and into hell. To lose control of conscious mind, the secrets of our soul to find."

...where nightmares awaited their own return to the light of life.

"You've been given a cruel task, Burroughs."

Lydia continues to ruffle through the tiny thing's hair, though she had moved behind her for the time being. Any earlier overly-excited motions have given way to an elegant and soft motions, intend on not disturbing the moment.

Ludwig's suspicion remains a constant however, as he too falls into a more cryptic means of communicating. Choosing words that hint at a greater understanding, even if there isn't one just yet. Asking for more won't give him any answers at any rate, they must be acquired and experienced by the self.

"But our duties cannot be ignored."

Lydia's eyes grow somber.

"...Is there no way for you to join in on the story, lil B?"

Seemingly aware of what her User is implying, the big sister comp nevertheless asks a question of which she fears the answer.

To watch on alone, never able to change the outcome of a story. A machine with a soul, yet one she is not allowed to express in any way. Forced only to watch.

"..."

In comparison to that, perhaps the fate Ludwig has resigned himself to isn't as bad.

After all, a corpse has no need for emotions either.

Naturally, such a mindset is what Lydia would prefer to never have to see her User consider. She'd been dropping hints of Ludwig having changed to Chiyoko before, in the faint hope she'd be wise and mature enough to not only see it, but to stop such a mindset in its tracks, rather than letting it fester more.

Perhaps it's only expected however, for the boy that was proven too weak and ignorant to fall back on older ways, to deny the emotional growth that he'd undergone on the SLEIPNIR in just a year. He had lowered his guard, had his mask fade away on more than a few occasions... he had even begun to consider the place home.

Now though... that feeling of safety and comfort was only with two girls on board the ship.

And one of them certainly did not enjoy seeing Ludwig regress further.

"Oh! My second COMP shell-! That must be why it was left there in the first place!"

The Inheritor considers this suggestion for a moment, uncertain of the benefit and whether this frail cute thing could be trusted, as well as her role in general.

If she's to be an impartial Observer, there shouldn't be any way for her to go along with the pair... unless...

"...Perhaps, if she's able to form an avatar of sorts like Marlene, a copied fragment of sorts, then she could be free enough to undergo her own experiences."

"Well, well, well! Would you want that, lil B~?"

Cold eyes move from Burroughs to a puppy-dog eyed Lydia.

"Of course, that's just theoretical. Plus it'd mean that her proper self would have to cease observing us... although that may prove beneficial..."

As Ludwig considers the benefits and downsides of leaving the stage, truly pursuing his new goals from the shadows along with whatever lurked there with him, this uncertain theory is left hanging in the air.

And as such, the choice of her own --albeit limited-- existence is one left up in the air.

A choice that only she is allowed to make.
    Last edited by Zurvan; April 18th, 2022 at 04:39 PM.